PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 329

metrite
Wed, 10-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Two spoiler pics for now

pic 1 (http://image02.pita.st/tmp/10/14/h68wkpzv_0.jpg) and pic 2 (http://image02.pita.st/tmp/12/1/53r6pdr1_0.jpg)

Raw has been released now too.
torrent link (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=15568&name=%5BRaw-Manga%5D%20Naruto%20329%28lq%29.torrent)
hosted on savefile (http://www.savefile.info/download.php?id=4928CFB3)

So much dialogue in this chapter as well, I feel sorry for myself for not being able to read Japanese at times like these.

bxgreatone87
Wed, 10-25-2006, 02:24 PM
neither working for me lol that sucks >.<.

Koyuki
Wed, 10-25-2006, 02:43 PM
I took a quick peek, major. Didn't want to spoil the next chapter. I hope they release a scanlation soon.

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-25-2006, 02:52 PM
neither working for me lol that sucks >.<.

You did not miss much.

Naruto talking with Kakashi in one.

Akatsuki shadows in the another.

Not much interesting, unless something big happens in the chapter.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 10-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Only the second works for me. And, uh, it's vague. Shadows. Kishimoto still won't show the leader's face...

Knives122
Wed, 10-25-2006, 03:58 PM
He's trying to set it up as some big suprise, but if he stretches it long enough we won't care by the time he shows us.

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-25-2006, 04:40 PM
He still has the woman (or feminine guy a la Haku) Akatsuki to show before the Leader as well.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 10-25-2006, 05:24 PM
He still has the woman (or feminine guy a la Haku) Akatsuki to show before the Leader as well.

Huh, I thought Deidara was still of indeterminable gender... Unless that's just me being corrupted by all the ecchi fanart or him/her I see floating around the "tubes."

nests
Wed, 10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Deidara is a dude, at least so far in the anime he is.
there is another picture here (http://img126.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=71660_o6c1qmcw_0_122_320lo.jpg) nothing much but still from the same chapter

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Deidara is ultra male. Listen to his voice in ep 135.

Knives122
Wed, 10-25-2006, 09:47 PM
All their voices sounded the same though.....

Winged Dancer
Wed, 10-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Wow, Deidara has appeared in the anime? I didn't know. That's what I get for completely ignoring the anime until the fillers end.

So ep. 135?
*goes download*
Any other episode in which any of the Akatsuki appear? (except Itachi and Kisame)

Assertn
Wed, 10-25-2006, 10:07 PM
It was the last episode before the fillers...the one that ends with the akatsuki shadows in the cave

RasenDori
Wed, 10-25-2006, 10:19 PM
im pretty sure they will change the voices.

nests
Wed, 10-25-2006, 10:35 PM
I hope they dont, the leader and Deidara sound pretty badass
Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARM770SBfz8) if you want to see this part.

I think that Deidara had already been introduced when this episode was showned, that might also explain why he is, apart from the leader, the only one to get a close up.

Knives122
Wed, 10-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Were'nt they the only two who actually got close ups in the manga?

bagandscalpel
Wed, 10-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Deidara is ultra male. Listen to his voice in ep 135.

That's what I originally thought, too.

Then I read Inane's scanslation of the chapter in which Deidara was officially introduced. In it, Deidara was referred to as a "she" (though, for some reason, Yuura was also referred to as Sasori's husband :confused: ).

Then came the fanart. Of course, it could also mean that he's one massive trap~

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Well Inanes scanlations were out before the episode, and it's naturally harder to determine gender without having heard the voice first. But that is clearly Deidara's voice since it was zoomed in on him at the moment and all. Also, Inane has since referred to him as a "he" in the chapters.

RasenDori
Wed, 10-25-2006, 11:32 PM
deidaras a dude, nuff said.

but that vioce will most likely be changed. deidara first fully appeared in the manga shortly before that episode. animation takes a long ass time to do even if you are using a cost effect korean animation sweatshop. they also do all the dialogue before any animation is doen. so they most likely just casted generic evil voices for everyone since they may have not know what deidara looked like at the time.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-26-2006, 07:20 AM
When he first appeared, I thought he was a woman. Ponytail and that. If Itachi had had a more noticeable ponytail, I would've tought him a woman as well. But Deidara is a male, I thought that much was clear.

And regarding the voices in that episode... I think they could change. They are too much just random-evil-character voices... they sound like any filler bad guy. Being the Akatsuki, they need to have a more distinct personality.

Raven
Thu, 10-26-2006, 07:23 AM
The leader is totally Naruto's Dad - who is the 4th's brother. The 4th is Naruto's uncle.

Kensee
Thu, 10-26-2006, 07:45 AM
So that's their plan ... DA WURLD!!!!!!

It's about what I thought they were after, but didn't know they were so money hungry. To sum it up, they are collecting all the #-tailed demons, getting a huge amount of money, then are gonna do missions and charge little, so the word of their group gets around. Then when business is booming, they will destory the market by tearing down the villages so EVERYONE will depend on their services for all missions. (Oh oh, and they will be the ones who carry the demons inside them... ITACHI with a demon ::shudders::)

1. Get Money
2. Get Demons
3. Saturate the Market
4. ???
5. PROFIT!

RasenDori
Thu, 10-26-2006, 08:10 AM
oh noes! the akatsuki is going to become a giant multi-lateral corporation with a monopoly! thats worse then setting up an evil dictator! the naruto world with be owned by money grubbing capitalist dogs! oh the horror!

THEYRE JUST AS BAD AS WAL-MART!

Stoopider
Thu, 10-26-2006, 08:15 AM
The plot is deeper than I thought. Nowonder Naruto's so cool. Big evil corporations bringing big monsters under their wing to control all of mankind.

I think the secret lies in the Ramen Shop. It's seems harmless, but it's part of an evil giant corporation enslaving mankind to it's yummy slippery goodness.

RasenDori
Thu, 10-26-2006, 08:23 AM
ichiraku ramen will grow into a corporation that will oppose the akatsuki because 90% of their reveune is fueled by a jinchuuriki. and killing him is bad for buisness.

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-26-2006, 08:59 AM
The Akatsuki's voices on that clip seem distorted, so it would not surprise me if they change them.

Even so, Deidara's voice is indeed male.

Anyways... Interesting chapter indeed...

Translation (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10228.0)

Stoopider
Thu, 10-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Wait.. you might be right Rasendori. Ichiiraku Ramen might be the worlds only hope against the Akatsuki. Damn and hear I thought it was part of the baddies.

Jadugar
Thu, 10-26-2006, 09:08 AM
So that's their plan ... DA WURLD!!!!!!

1. Get Money
2. Get Demons
3. Saturate the Market
4. ???
5. PROFIT!

Thats a great plan. Isnt monry the root of all evil?

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Actually I found Deidara's few voice clips to be very cool, since you don't expect a small feminine-looking guy to have such a gruff voice. I figured it would be an awesome contrast, and I have since grown fond of the idea of hearing that voice for him full-time. Damn them if they change it!

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 10-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Leader: Since that incident resitictions on military intervention in foreign countries has eased.
Fueling the demand for mercenaries. Today the worlds wars largely depend on PMCs. Private military companies whose buisness includes supplying these mercenaries.

Hidan: Konoah exported too much military power. Now she's paying the price.

Leader: In total we'll have enough man power to rival konoah, as well as the other five shinobi nations. The five largest PMC's are owned by a dummy corporation which acts as a single mother company.

Hidan: and the name of that mother company?

Leader: Outer Heaven!! Opps, I err.. meant Akatasuki.

Was no one else reminded of the 15 minute MGS 4 trailer from E3 when reading the leaders summary of his plan? Hell his whole description reminded me of the first MGS where they discussed outer heaven being the soliders paradise where they would exist for eternity.

I'm still dissappointed about the leaders plan. I thought it would be something cooler then simply world domination. Seriously, though what's the point of catching all the bichu and putting them into the giant Satan statue if all they really want to do is raises a mercenary company. All they really need to do is all attack on country at the same time. All nine members would probably be enough to take it out. Plus they would gain a tremendous amount of notoriety.

Koyuki
Thu, 10-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Girls are the root of all evil?

Ok chapter. I agree with Terra, Deidara's voice is good.

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-26-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm still dissappointed about the leaders plan. I thought it would be something cooler then simply world domination. Seriously, though what's the point of catching all the bichu and putting them into the giant Satan statue if all they really want to do is raises a mercenary company. All they really need to do is all attack on country at the same time. All nine members would probably be enough to take it out. Plus they would gain a tremendous amount of notoriety.

I think the Leader has other motives, and this plan is just something to "fool" the others and use them... (or not, but it would be cooler)

Oh yeah... is the Leader on Mist Village? The city where he is reminds me of it.

budak getah
Thu, 10-26-2006, 10:29 AM
329 scan is out

http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/naruto/

Genma
Thu, 10-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah, pretty uneventful chapter.

An evil organization trying to take over the world. Didn't see that one coming. ~_~;

Psyke
Thu, 10-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Is Akatsuki even serious with those steps towards their aim? Yes rule the world, but enough money to do that when they can unleash all the tailed monsters against the rest of humanity? Next maybe they'll try and create nuclear bombs and sell to the rest of the world for food.

nests
Thu, 10-26-2006, 11:24 AM
I think is more like this. secretly release a tail monsters on a village that cant handle it and then offer to defeat it. since I'm guessing they can control the Bichu than they can just stop it when it has left the village week and in ruin, after that they can easly take over.
What Im wondering the most is what does a person like Itachi gain for been in Akatsuki, since his goal seems to be fighting people that can test his own ability. The others can probably joined because they want revenge on theyre village and I'm guessing Hidan wants to convert people over to his religion since he seems to so passionate about it

Assertn
Thu, 10-26-2006, 01:13 PM
I wonder if Hidan will ultimately turn against akatsuki...

I'm not sure if he would approve of the idea of staging all his fights to gain popularity.

Sidnne
Thu, 10-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Sooo... Akatsuki's goal is to become Microsoft?

Knives122
Thu, 10-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Well I've heard this story before, AL's is pretty much a war profiteer, and like Sidnne said they want to become a monopoly, thus controlling the world.

...........Real original.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 10-26-2006, 04:53 PM
I still don't understand why they need the tailed beasts at thier side.. if all they want to do is control the world wouldn't it have been easier to have more than nine people in the group, and perhaps try to recruit some super strong people into thier group? let's say, such as Kabuto, Kakashi, Zabuza-like fellaws and maybe even Naruto ("come to the dark side! take revenge on the village who never liked you. Bawahaha!").

they seem to be awfully ritualistic about this, espicially since they don't have any grand plan to back up thier nine rings shit and stuff.

Edit: Naruto is also a mighty big dickhead... he was willing to spend three damn years with Jiraya (which apparntly taught him nothing...) but he gets tired after one day of trainning? is this really the naruto we all knew?

RasenDori
Thu, 10-26-2006, 05:45 PM
i think they wish to use the tailed beast to instigate war.also with the power of the bijuu on their side its more of an incentive for them to be hired. moreover, once powerful nations lose their bijuu it they will be more open to attack... thus increasing the likelyhood of war, which increase the akatsukis revenue. once theyve crushed all ot the militaries and monopolize on warfare then they become the most power organization in the world.

darkmetal505
Thu, 10-26-2006, 05:51 PM
World domination with economic exploitation, how generic.

Stoopider
Thu, 10-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Strange that people don't think world domination is cool anymore.... Whats wrong with us...

eat_toast
Thu, 10-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Strange that people don't think world domination is cool anymore.... Whats wrong with us...

Maybe it's the fact that Kishimoto introduced the Akatsuki a million years ago and got everyone all worked up for an epic plot device, which, predictably, turned out to be crap. Whatever sells the manga to the rabid fanpeople, right?

ody
Thu, 10-26-2006, 08:01 PM
I think Akatsuki's goals are asinine. They are strong enough to rob anyone and everyone to get enough money. But disregard the money, what the hell do they need it for? If you have that much power, you can control countries with that alone. Just commandeer a country.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 10-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Then, let's not look at it as "taking over the world," but rather, "reforming the world for the betterment of our society (the Akatsuki)."

There, not so generic, anymore, eh? Eh?

fahoumh
Thu, 10-26-2006, 10:45 PM
This chapter was a bit of a let down....world domination is so 80's. Akatsuki doesn't appear to be nearly as bad-ass as before, IMO.

Sidnne
Thu, 10-26-2006, 10:52 PM
You would think that with how evil, murderous, and powerful Akatsuki is, that they would have a more sinister, less political plan in mind other than turning Akatsuki into a Fortune 500 company.

After all of the potential that Akatsuki had, it seems as if all Kishimoto managed to do was essentially turn them into a group of black market arms dealers.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Being meh chapter. In fact, let me jump into the bandwagon and say, man, what a let down.

Akatsuki was so misterious and interesting... they could've had a better ideal... but, to conquer the world? That's... childish. What are they gonna do with the world once they have conquered it, anyway? No villian ever thinks of the taxes and the plotical organizations.

Well, as bagandscalpel said, the "conquer the world" thing can be tweaked into something a little more interesting. For instance, maybe the Akatsuki will kill everyone but the ones they deem worthy, or maybe they're like some kind of religious association... like Hidan...

...and I suddenly understand his annoyment much better. He's working for his god/goddess/gods and the Akatsuki wants something as simplistic as to "conquer the world".

SK
Thu, 10-26-2006, 11:29 PM
I think this is just getting interesting and can go a lot deeper. Each member is only using the organization for his own interests anyway, obviously Oro thought he was better off on his own rather than waste his time with the Leader's ambitions. Since he got Sasuke looks like he was right. I don't think Itachi is interested in whatever the Leader wants, and we already know Hidan isn't.

nests
Thu, 10-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Conquer the world :rolleyes: It does seem kind of silly but what else can you do in a world where you have people like Orochimaru and Itachi running around. People with power will always try to inforce it.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-27-2006, 12:01 AM
I can't picture Itachi or Hidan following those ideals.

Maybe (and hopefully) there will be an internal battle in Akatsuki or something like that unleashing the Bijuu.

Or like I said... those are the motives the Leader gave them all, but is in fact using them for some other ulterior motive.

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-27-2006, 02:03 AM
Leader: The first step is to make cash
Hidan: Shit!

I found that exchange funny.

Man, I can't believe how generic Akatsuki's plans are. Kishi is losing it for real.

Stoopider
Fri, 10-27-2006, 03:17 AM
Damn.. no I'm wishing they had some other plot.

Like, their trying to gather all the nine tails, to defeat the evil 10 tails, which is hiding deep in the crust of the earth, but will awaken in 5 years time to cause ruin and destruction to the earth.

At least they should sound that their not so quite the bad guy, but rather misunderstood goodguys. :)

Carnage
Fri, 10-27-2006, 05:27 AM
I think the leader has a secrete goal that he's not letting anyone else know about.

Otherwise...."take over the world"?......are you fucking kidding me?

animus
Fri, 10-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Enforce every female ninja to wear netting, short short skirts and no panties. A plan worthy of Akatsuki.

RasenDori
Fri, 10-27-2006, 08:39 AM
arent most villians after really lack luster goals? its always world domination, indiscrimnate revenge, or something that has to do with wealth and/or power. the only villian with a deep goal that comes to mind is magneto. ive always defined good villians by the relationship they hold with the hero which is why i love villians like magneto, the green goblin and dio brando.

jing
Fri, 10-27-2006, 09:55 AM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1097

i want her voice for deidara

Assertn
Fri, 10-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Uh.....the leader pretty much said in that same chapter that ninjas are simple-minded people. They only concern themselves with what they're best at, which is combat. It's like Kenshin, they want to have the power to start and end wars at will. I think the goals they spoke of was very characterstic of villians living in this type of world.

Yukimura
Fri, 10-27-2006, 01:28 PM
While 'taking over the world' seems pretty canned it's only b/c there's really not much else for powerful evil people to do. It's like okay we're playing by our own rules...why..because a) we think we should make the rules ourselves and/or b) we are so obsessed with some goal that we don't care about the rules. Evey 'bad guy' I've ever seen has followed this pattern of screwing the rules for some random thing they want. And the only things that are worth screwing the rules for are revenge, personal profit, world domination, and world destruction.

As uninteresting as the Leaders plan seems, what else would such a group of powerful ninjas work towards? While they could possibly kill almost everyone on earth, they can't directly control all those people but they can set themselves up in a situation where they can threaten everyone into subjugation by being the only viable organized ninja group (viable b/c they're so powerful and can cause a ruckus anywhere at anytime).

Now that I think of it, they're plot is remarkably similar to Blood+, with the Bijuu as Chiropterans and Akatsuki as Cinq Fleches/America with theire Corpse Corps...it's as if Kishi wrote the dialogue whle watching that show....

Stoopider
Fri, 10-27-2006, 05:08 PM
I agree. Unless they want to...

CONQUER THE UNIVERSE!!! Which sounds more ridiculous.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 10-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Uh.....the leader pretty much said in that same chapter that ninjas are simple-minded people. They only concern themselves with what they're best at, which is combat. It's like Kenshin, they want to have the power to start and end wars at will. I think the goals they spoke of was very characterstic of villians living in this type of world.

For a leader of a shadowy organization to make that particular statement implies that he certainly has some ulterior motive he hasn't divulged to his underlings. So, here's to hoping that something more interesting comes up as time goes on.

In Kenshin, even Shishio took the "conquer Japan" plot a small step forward in that he was doing it to strengthen the country with his own right; to augment it to be capable of standing up to foreign influence.

UChessmaster
Fri, 10-27-2006, 07:24 PM
i bet 3 cents naruto is going to a clone and then do wind rasengan with one hand, and normal rasengan with the other hand to combine them, kinda like when he used rasengan when he was younger

Elyne
Sat, 10-28-2006, 05:28 AM
<snip>

Edit: Naruto is also a mighty big dickhead... he was willing to spend three damn years with Jiraya (which apparntly taught him nothing...) but he gets tired after one day of trainning? is this really the naruto we all knew?

He might have been training three years with Jiraya, but I doubt he trained as long each day. 4,800 hours of training in one day, even Naruto should get tired of that. Most people would probably fall into coma like state and sleep for a few days. Naruto takes a nap, some ramen and is fit for fight again. ;)

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-28-2006, 05:35 AM
I didn't maen pyshically tired, i was talking about the fact he was about to give up on the trainning.
as in - He spent three damn years with Jiraya to achieve medicore advancment in skills (did we see Naruto really doing anything good since the time jump? he couldn't even beat one enemy), but he is now unwilling to train for more than a day in something which will undoubtly become his main weapon.

Sapphire
Sat, 10-28-2006, 08:19 AM
And we all thought Haku was a girl, why?

Psyke
Sat, 10-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Behold! Akatsuki's latest members:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9184/akatsukidv9.jpg

Stoopider
Sat, 10-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Ergh.. Japanese and liking for sexually ambigious people. :p

Did Naruto really spend 3 whole years with JIraiya? I'm kinda wondering about that now. With the stupid fillers in the anime, it seems that he has already spent 1 year with the village doing idiotic things.

And a question whether JIraiya trained Naruto how to unleash the 3 tails or 4 tails, and improved its fighting ability, or whether Naruto in 4 tail Kyuubi mode is inheritly a good fighter that can take on Orochimaru.

Raven
Sat, 10-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Like a few others, I don't think this will be the be-all and end-all of the leader's plan - there'll be something more to it... I hope.

SK
Sat, 10-28-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm more interested in Itachi after knowing what the leader's plans are.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-28-2006, 10:40 AM
well, the fillers don't count, but he did spend half a year getting back together (or at least, we saw Sakura's trainning in three months' jumps, so we know he hasn't left the village at those six months). still that leaves him 30 months of trainning with the best 'good' ninja around.

now, i don't remember the Manga after the time jump so well, so feel free to correct me, but when he came back we saw Naruto being able to..

1. Move around with his shadow clones in midair.
2. Block Chiyo from charging at Kakashi.
3. Punch deidara in the face and go wild on his ass.
4. control the Kyuubi up to the 3rd tail.

now, 1-3 is pure taijutsu trainning, it's normal leveling up. the Kyuubi power seems to be the real base of the trainning, but apparntly, his control over the first tails was also lacking (he lost his calm at the deidara fight).

about the what stoopider asked, I believe that the fighting abilities come from the demon itself, since Naruto's fighting moves at the kyuubi stage was defintally not something he could train (though, sending chackra claws might be a variation of chackra form manipulation), there's no way he could train to shoot energy beams from his mouth or to realese himself in chackra form and punch Orochimaru...

So basically, whenever people train offscreen for three years, it's not nearly effective as an onscreen trainning arc.

Sapphire
Sat, 10-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Behold! Akatsuki's latest members:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9184/akatsukidv9.jpg

I heart that pic.

Anyway, weren't the fillers supposed to be like 6 months long in Kohona anime world, and 2.5 year time skip? I wouldn't really pay attention to the time, though. It's an animation. they could scrunch that entire thing together to be like 3 months, if they wanted to. Or they could say that whole thing happened in 6 months and end the fillers. I doubt it, though. :(

conquistaDan
Sat, 10-28-2006, 01:55 PM
I love that pic too,it's great.

(side note)-what the hell ever happened to that cartoon?,it was great

Going back to 329.Did anyone else feel like they were reading a page from a secret meeting from Microsoft,or Google when the leader was telling everyone about his true plans?

I was suprised how straight forward the Leader finally was with Hidan and the rest of the group.Especially considering Hidan was the newest member.

The leader is totally Naruto's Dad - who is the 4th's brother. The 4th is Naruto's uncle.

I don't think the Leader is really related to Naruto in anyway.I mean we dont even know which village he's from yet let alone family connection.

RasenDori
Sat, 10-28-2006, 02:22 PM
So basically, whenever people train offscreen for three years, it's not nearly effective as an onscreen trainning arc.

i think jiraiya was giving naruto overall training. and he is better all around now. it seems like the training was ineffective because now naruto is fighting ninja like akatsuiki member and orochimaru

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 10-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Does the Akatsuki's plan remind anyone here of Metal Gear Solid, seriously when I have more time I'm going to go track down the old game script and post here to illistrate my point.

My guess is the reason why kishi hasn't produced more then 16-17 chapters a week is because he's been doing a marathon session of all the MGS games. My guess is he's probably stuck on the MGS 3 on the boss battle against the old guy and his parrot.

mage
Sat, 10-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Obviously Akatsuki Leader was bullied while in ninja academy and is now taking revenge by trying to rule the world.

kimbap629
Sun, 10-29-2006, 09:49 AM
the only things i can see naruto training for are:

- master the wind element and implement it when attackingn with rasengan (probably to match or be way stronger than sasuke's new chidori)
- control over the kyubi powers (if he could transform into the kyubi by will and learn to use the chakra claws, rasengan mouth fireball blast, instant healing, force field, super speed & strength (same or faster than gai...and same or stronger than tsunade) then naruto should be fine

i mean he is fighting akatsuki members these days and now he has to deal with orochimaru-trained sasuke...jiraiya has also been missing for quite a while. maybe jiraiya is practicing rasengan or maybe fighting other akatsuki members?

Konohamaru
Sun, 10-29-2006, 11:59 AM
ok so my theory about the leader being Shino is out the window since he has blonde hair, lol. I'll just assume it's another brand new character for now but I wanna know why they're keeping his face so secret for so long and why the sideline information on the end of each comics make it sound like he's an old character we know.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 10-30-2006, 01:57 AM
So their plan is to control all seven bijuu (the most powerful beings in the naruto-verse) and they're going to use the economy to rule the world?

Is there any good reason that they can't just conquer all five great nations with the tailed beasts?

nests
Mon, 10-30-2006, 02:13 AM
My guess is that if they do that theyll be going up against the whole freaking village. How do we know the other Kages cant take out at least one of the tail beast, just like the forth did with Kyubi. Also if you think about it, if they were to just start attacking villages then all the other ones would just gang up on them before they even try to attack theirs.

toonice714
Mon, 10-30-2006, 04:52 AM
This new plan seems to also have a bunch of holes in it. If the akatsuki end up being freelance mercenaries then at some point they should end up defending their clients against themselves. Also, if they succeed in gaining this monopoly on war and create their own wars to control everybody then noone will have a considerable military force to start a war so they would probably bring peace to all the countries as a whole. If noone is fighting but the Akatsuki thenpeople will most likely find more peaceful ways to settle things.

The leader's plan might also be a big smoke screen to fool all the current members to use their power to get all the tailed beasts in to that statue. While everyone is concentrating on the Akatsuk, Orochimaru and Sasuke will come out of nowhere end up fighting naruto and the gang in a new arc and the Akatsuki leader will dispose of all his underlings and fuse with the tailed beasts in the statue and become the final boss!( ramble ramble)

Assertn
Mon, 10-30-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm more interested in Itachi after knowing what the leader's plans are.
Itachi already knew the leader's plans. The only ones who didn't know were probably Hidan and Tobi.

SK
Mon, 10-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Itachi already knew the leader's plans. The only ones who didn't know were probably Hidan and Tobi.

Hahaha, I'd hope Itachi knew of them before then.

Assertn
Mon, 10-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Itachi just wants to test his limits...see what he is capable of....

He should have no problems being part of an organization that wants to dominate all the ninja villages.

SK
Mon, 10-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Itachi just wants to test his limits...see what he is capable of....

He should have no problems being part of an organization that wants to dominate all the ninja villages.

That's why I think it is more interesting. I don't buy into the whole, just want to test limits idea. Now that Akatuski just has a stupid goal, it would seem Itachi is using them for another purpose.

nests
Mon, 10-30-2006, 05:35 PM
That's why I think it is more interesting. I don't buy into the whole, just want to test limits idea. Now that Akatuski just has a stupid goal, it would seem Itachi is using them for another purpose.
Yeah it could be that he is waiting for an oportunity to try and take the leader down to see just how strong he is.

RasenDori
Mon, 10-30-2006, 06:37 PM
itachi doesnt seem like the type to have some greater ambition. i think hes more concerned with improving himself. the leader mentioned that everyone has a reason to fight.

itachi: to get stronger
kisame: bloodlust
deidara: inspiration
sasori: puppet creation
hidan: religion
kakuzu: money
tobi: i dont know... hes out there

most of the members seem to not be very concerned with things like status or power. which is perfect for the leader because they may not be interested in taking his role, but they may just wanna fight him someday for the hell of it. if anything i could see kauzu trying to kill the leader after he gets filthy rich

chet_chetty
Tue, 10-31-2006, 01:38 AM
I'm pretty sure Itachi wants to see the limits of the Uchiha clan far more than just his own limits. he killed off the clan not just to test himself but because they were not living out the limit of the Uchiha clan's power as to be revealed in those scriptures he told Sasuke about. i think a police force is more like the antithesis of the original purpose of the Uchiha clan. by not killing Sasuke, he has another person other than himself willing to do what it takes to reach that limit. i dont think it matters much to him who reaches that potential, Sasuke, himself, or possibly this 3rd MS user.

RasenDori
Tue, 10-31-2006, 10:21 AM
i though itachi made it very clear that the reason that he kept sasuke alive was because he could one day become strong enough to test his limits.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 11-01-2006, 05:35 AM
If he's looking for a challenge, why not come back and fight Kakashi again? He has the MS now. Speaking of which, we never did get an official explanation for that, did we?

Meteros
Wed, 11-01-2006, 02:22 PM
i don't think kakashi is much of a challenge for someone like itachi

so you're comparing akatsuki to the spiders from hxh, rasendori?

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Before new threads pop up again... no chapter this week.