PDA

View Full Version : Weird Naruto products...

Assertn
Sun, 10-22-2006, 11:32 PM
http://narutostore.viz.com/ttp/Shonen-Jump-s-Naruto-Ninja-Challenge-Interactive-Game/products_id/111606.html

What is THAT? Looks very interesting...

fahoumh
Mon, 10-23-2006, 12:15 AM
That thing requires 4 AAA AND 4 AA batteries....which are, naturally, not included. Hahaha.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 10-23-2006, 12:25 AM
It looks like the gloves have motion sensors to help you learn the twelve hand seals. That's actually a pretty cool concept. I kind of want one, because I've always wondered how hard it would be to learn those hand seals. Then again, I doubt that the ninja academy caries electronic games, so it's a moot point.

It's a good thing I'm already married because playing with that thing could severely limit one's chances of meeting women.

Kensee
Mon, 10-23-2006, 01:41 AM
I just saw a commercial for this on tv about 3 hours ago. Seemed intersting but eh ... haha i'm not sure =P. Like samson says, has to do with hand seals and doing them correctly or stuff gets thrown at you.

Assertn
Mon, 10-23-2006, 01:44 AM
by "stuff" you mean like, waves of chakra energy?

Stoopider
Mon, 10-23-2006, 01:58 AM
Lol Oh man. I can't wait to see kids doing it while playing in the park! Hahaha. Thats great!

Can't wait for someone to post their Greatness on the game on YouTube.

RedX1z
Mon, 10-23-2006, 02:31 AM
shonen has been making weird products lately, it's not unusual that they would make something like this. though, it's sorta priceless for something like this.

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-23-2006, 03:27 AM
playing with that thing could severely limit one's chances of meeting women.
Fuck it all, I don't care. I'm getting those.

Heh, not really. Seems like a waste of money to me. I'd play it at a friend's house or something (and love it, I admit), but otherwise it's pretty ridiculous. Also, I'm with Stoopider, I say this shows up on Youtube some time in the near future. Looks like VIZ will be getting some free advertising.

bagandscalpel
Mon, 10-23-2006, 06:06 AM
That thing requires 4 AAA AND 4 AA batteries....which are, naturally, not included. Hahaha.

I find it ironic that such a device is not run on spiritual energies or chakra.

David Craft
Mon, 10-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Im sure the batteries are just to help CHANNEL your chakera through the device *nods sagely* :p

Yukimura
Mon, 10-23-2006, 10:42 AM
What a novel concept, this seems like an excellent toy to market to the parents of all those 10-14 year old narutards out there as a Christmas gift (I might even get one for my brother if the price goes down), even I dabbled a bit in the learning of hand seals in my younger days.

Knives122
Mon, 10-23-2006, 11:18 AM
You know what's really funny? The fact that someone called this back before Naruto started airing in the US.

And Yukimura, you are dead to me.

Yukimura
Mon, 10-23-2006, 01:49 PM
@Knives: I've always been dead to you.

Anyway, I was chatting wiht a few friends from my major and we decided that these gloves would make a fun starting point for a 'ninja universal remote'. The hardware could probably be modified to control any type of electronics, like a TV or lights. While this would be extremely nerdy it would be interesting to turn on the tv and change the channels hand seals.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-23-2006, 03:06 PM
I'll bet they try the 1000 years of pain first :D

ven0m
Tue, 10-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Anyway, I was chatting wiht a few friends from my major and we decided that these gloves would make a fun starting point for a 'ninja universal remote'. The hardware could probably be modified to control any type of electronics, like a TV or lights. While this would be extremely nerdy it would be interesting to turn on the tv and change the channels hand seals.

Do that , and I pay you 100$ for the final poduct ;)

Perhaps I should try for myself to modify it , but first I have to get my hands on those gloves (<< haha , perhaps it's because I'm not a natural English speaker , but this sounds kind of stupid ...hands...gloves :p )

The price of ~40$ wouldn't be the main problem , getting that bastard overhere to good old Europe will be more of a problem.

However , if anyone got tipps or infos on the special "ninja-remote" , post it here :)

samsonlonghair
Sat, 10-28-2006, 09:37 AM
The batteries are training wheels; once you have learned to channel your chakra properly you won't need them.
Master Splinter says, "true ninjas need no batteries".

Super5
Tue, 12-12-2006, 01:36 PM
It looks like the gloves have motion sensors to help you learn the twelve hand seals. That's actually a pretty cool concept. I kind of want one, because I've always wondered how hard it would be to learn those hand seals. Then again, I doubt that the ninja academy caries electronic games, so it's a moot point.

It's a good thing I'm already married because playing with that thing could severely limit one's chances of meeting women.
Trust me, the seals are difficult to do correctly. Take it from a (former? current? you be the judge) narutard. A lot of those seals bend your fingers in ways that weren't intended by nature ;) I wonder how strict the game is about form? Ah well, who am I kidding, I'm too old to be playing with toys like those...

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-13-2006, 12:15 PM
I went to a manga and comic store today, there was this text form of the manga
{
"I'll be the best Hokage" shouted Naruto
}

it was so stupid...

samsonlonghair
Thu, 12-14-2006, 05:49 AM
What marketing genius thought that up? Can you imagine the sales pitch?

"Hey parents, wondering what to get your kids for Christmas? Now that they've experienced the comic version, the animated version, and the video game version of Naruto, give your kids the gift that all hyperactive eleven-year-olds love: BOOKS! That's right, books! Everyone knows that children with short attention spans only pretend that they want to spend all day sitting on their asses in front of the TV. What they really love is READING!"

/sarcasm

Come to think of it, I read a lot of awful novelizations when I was a kid. They were always gifts, and I damn sure never asked for them. That didn't stop me from reading them. Someone gave me a "junior novelization" of Jurassic Park when I was a kid. A book that was turned into a movie got turned back into a book based on the movie then dumbed down for children. You can imagine the literary brilliance.

tehlegend
Sun, 12-17-2006, 02:09 AM
oh god the horror...

im glad they dont go back and redo the fillers in manga form as it is... *shudder*

dimitris127
Mon, 02-05-2007, 11:43 AM
oh god the horror...

im glad they dont go back and redo the fillers in manga form as it is... *shudder*

if they have done that i would personally arrange an attack on kishi for being so ruthless....i tried watching 10 fillers in a row....result:almost dead

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-14-2007, 10:20 AM
10 fillers, wow, I wouldnt last 10 min. Actually had to stop watching when the fillers started

Danad_corps
Fri, 02-23-2007, 01:14 AM
..you start losing brain cells after the first few minutes of any filler. 10 in a row must be equivalent to taking 4 e pills...in a row. The dumb and dumber bro's arc makes you lose 3x as many brain cells as any other filler and the curry of life filler temporarily gives you tourettes syndrome.

Irenical
Fri, 02-23-2007, 02:31 AM
o yes i want one or two!@ why they didn’t make it Shuriken would make more sense o well Im just waiting for naruto soap ….. or even better cup of noodles called naruto snacks… oo the possibilities :P

GhostKaGe
Sat, 02-24-2007, 02:51 AM
Just wait for the naruto vibrator in the shape of a kunai (Hello Kitty anybody?)

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 02-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Don't know if any of you have seen the horror of the zabuza sword and sasuke's shrieken thrower but behold. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IFotfsTNqs

New commercial that just started airing on cartoon network but god to I feel so humiliated. Never though zabuza's decapitation knife would ever be made to look so lame. Can't even begin to imagine what merchandising possibilities exist for some of the latter characters once they get introduced.

darkmetal505
Sun, 02-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Don't know if any of you have seen the horror of the zabuza sword and sasuke's shrieken thrower but behold. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IFotfsTNqs

New commercial that just started airing on cartoon network but god to I feel so humiliated. Never though zabuza's decapitation knife would ever be made to look so lame. Can't even begin to imagine what merchandising possibilities exist for some of the latter characters once they get introduced.

Thats pretty amazing. I like how Zabuza is like "oh damn, he broke through more targets in a row than me..."

If I remember correctly, the person who plays the Zabuza is from team EMC.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 02-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah my favorite part his how the power of the zabuza sword is demonstrated by effortlessly slicing through rice paper. Or better yet how he's miraculously defeated by the shruiken which isn't even aimed at him. Honestly I can't imagine designed a worse commercial. It's as if all the things learned about marketing over the 80's and 90's were completely forgotten.