PDA

View Full Version : YouTube

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-20-2006, 05:43 PM
bad quality? often.
awesome stuff? often.

face it, youtube is a pretty damn good way of getting everything from news clips to shows to stupid shit to show your friends. And as such it's going to be around for a while.

figured this could be a general place to post other Youtube videos, aside from "Funny Videos"... but maybe this topic should just be merged with that one?

Well, anyway, i just read an article from the BBC and it has some major implications for anime availability on youTube.

YouTube cuts 30,000 illegal clips (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6069692.stm)

apparently Japanese media companies asked Google (who recently bought Youtube) to try to destroy illegal clips there, as alot of things leeched on youtube have come from japan...

darkmetal505
Fri, 10-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Meh, I only use YouTube for quick reference or if I am to lazy to download the episode. They have been cracking down though. I couldn't watch a couple episodes of yugioh gx because they had been removed by YouTube.

complich8
Fri, 10-20-2006, 07:28 PM
anime on youtube is ... well ... stupid. It's already available for free on the internet, why do you need to chop it up and stream it via flv?

... I never really got that. Maybe it's an instant-gratification thing or something.

Lucifus
Fri, 10-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Meh, YouTube ownz. Theres alot of pointless crappy stuff there, but other than that. It is the fing shiznite.

Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series Ftw!?:D

Zati
Fri, 10-20-2006, 08:33 PM
The only time I use YouTube is to watch Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series and some funny videos. I never use it much but its really popular right now with a lot of people.

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-20-2006, 08:35 PM
anime on youtube is ... well ... stupid. It's already available for free on the internet, why do you need to chop it up and stream it via flv?

... I never really got that. Maybe it's an instant-gratification thing or something.
I'd guess that's exactly what it is. Oftentimes I've come across raws for a lot of series, so it's probably the case that a lot of people recording them just slap them on youtube the night they air.

And I guess if people don't want to take up harddrive space with subbed episodes, they just fullscreen the videos and watch each part consecutively.

darkmetal505
Fri, 10-20-2006, 09:42 PM
And I guess if people don't want to take up harddrive space with subbed episodes, they just fullscreen the videos and watch each part consecutively.

Or they don't want to take/have the time to download it.

RedX1z
Sat, 10-21-2006, 12:35 AM
i never thought of youtube as one of the biggest threat for things like media. i'd always think it's places like mininova or certain things like that, but youtube? eh, whatever.

i guess they have their reasons and so fourth. i've always thought youtube was a branch off of a bigger tree, but eh.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 10-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Why do I love YouTube? I got to watch Space Cases for the first time in ten years. Hell Yes!

Lucifus
Sat, 10-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Well, to whoever gave me this neg rep that hit for 19 HP, Do I just suck in general? Or do I suck because I like YouTube?

"Meh, YouTube ownz. Theres alot of pointless crappy stuff there, but other than that. It is the fing shiznite.

Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series Ftw!?:D"

"Thought I let you know that you suck, but you probably know it already."

Well, just so you know, You suck and shallow.:D

Back on topic, I like youtube well because it really doesn't look all that crappy on my new flatscreen, and theres no wait so...:cool:

Edit: Also, heres another reason I love YouTube. Watch the video. Need I say more? xD

Ftw?! Whoever did this has got wayy too much time on their hands (http://www.youtube.com/v/0-Bje2VkEvM)

(Now, if I had a nickel for every.....)

Sandldan
Sun, 10-22-2006, 10:49 AM
On a sidenote, here's a neat program i found a while ago enables you to download streaming media from youtube, video google etc

It's a mozilla plugin so firefox is required http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

Lucifus
Sun, 10-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Sand-whatever the rest of your name is! I love you!!!

YuGiOh The Abridged Series on my PSP, Ftw!:D

Sandldan
Sun, 10-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Forgot some files are needed to be saved in flash ".flv" format, here's a free converter i recommend. It can handle most formats including .flv

http://updat4.free.fr/AD93AFC6AB6A2D9DBA9FDE/SUPERsetup.exe

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-22-2006, 08:31 PM
To me YouTube represents the changing face of digital broadcasting and distribution of media. It's a small glipse of what the future holds. Alot of crap but lots of interesting stuff.

Hell, I don't know if any of you have ever bothered to check the anime art thread but the project I'm working on (the one that's in my sig) is almost done. Well at least the first episode is. I'm working on sending it to my friend who will post it on youtube. I'll post a link here once it's finished. Look foward to it!!!

darkmetal505
Sun, 10-22-2006, 08:56 PM
another site is: www.savetube.com

its a little simpler and I think it has a program to convert flv files.

Stoopider
Sun, 10-22-2006, 09:54 PM
I watch YouTube in uni. Because I have limited bandwidth on my home internet.

Usually I catch up on my television serieses, like Survivor Cook Island, and some other anime's which I couldn't be bothered to download like Naruto (bloody fillers).