PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 328

nests
Wed, 10-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Spoiler pic
Click here (http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/641/ixtijou40kc9.jpg)

This pic should say enough of what really is going to happend

Stoopider
Wed, 10-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Hmm. Shikamaru's picking up smoking. Thats not good. Smoking is bad for health. :p

RasenDori
Wed, 10-18-2006, 10:48 AM
that shot sooo wont make it in the english anime

Stoopider
Wed, 10-18-2006, 11:05 AM
It'll be like Sanji from One Piece. He's eating a lollipop.

A lollipop and a cigarette are worlds apart.... Lollipop's are so gay.

Knives122
Wed, 10-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Poor poor Asuma. I expect to see a whole lot of crying from Kurenai now......

Which I don't necessarily feel like seeing b/c it wastes valuable moving on with the story time.

But I won't mind it if it happens(which it probably will).

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Damn it... last picture of the new chapter... You. Are. Evil.

jing
Wed, 10-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Shikamaru is already lacking stamina, and now ... lol

Knives122
Wed, 10-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Nests forgot the other picture, which you can see here:

The other picture, dun dun dunnnnnnnnn (http://image02.pita.st/tmp/8/6/fd4fp4ia_0.jpg)

Winged Dancer
Wed, 10-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, I'm somewhat glad this happened. It would've been very frustrating if nothing had gone on at all.... and I insist, perhaps now Shikamaru will have a reason to fight the Akatsuki beyond "Tsunade ordered me to".

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 10-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Knives the pic ain't showing.

Shikamaru teh smoker Didn't know he looked up to Asuma that much ^_^;

Knives122
Wed, 10-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Hmm, it was showing but now it's gone.......poof

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-18-2006, 02:56 PM
I had no problem seeing your pic.
Asuma...

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Aww hells yeah.

About time kishimoto gave some drama to the secondary characters. Here's hoping that kishi dosen't introduce a new character with some sort ultra-convient resurrection jutsu or wonder off seeking out the mysterious ninja balls that grant the user one wish. Maybe we'll finally get some character growth for good old Shika.

metrite
Wed, 10-18-2006, 04:38 PM
I guess Kishi dislikes the Sarutobi family most in his manga.

pandacon
Wed, 10-18-2006, 04:43 PM
If he's dead, it's kind of a lame way to go, it's like his death barely had any impact on things that happened. He got in a fight for a few chapter and then died. The enemies wheren't even disabled in any way. It was a pointless fight that he died for.

Meteros
Wed, 10-18-2006, 05:21 PM
konohamaru is next to go

Boomstick
Wed, 10-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Is Asuma dead? yeah probably But then again he may be healed Tsunade or someone else though from the looks of things thats doubtful. Then there's poor Shikamaru with a dead Sensai and the Akatsuki running amuk hey at least he still has his health... oh wait he's smoking never mind.

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-18-2006, 06:12 PM
If he's dead, it's kind of a lame way to go, it's like his death barely had any impact on things that happened. He got in a fight for a few chapter and then died. The enemies wheren't even disabled in any way. It was a pointless fight that he died for.

last week almost everybody was complaining Asuma survided

this spoilers point to his death and now people will start complaining about his death? ob brother....:rolleyes:

Winged Dancer
Wed, 10-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey, no complains from me. Sure, it's a shame he's dead, he was a nice old chap and whatever, but it's worth it.... correction, it will be worth it if Kishimoto makes the characters react correctly.

I somehow think that Shikamaru won't start smoking though. I can picture something like this - Shikamaru with the cigarette, Kurenai sees him, slaps him silly and says something deep and insightful about Asuma as a human being, Shikamaru cries and quits smoking before he even started.

Well, as I said, I won't be sorry to see him go, but it would have been pretty cool if he had had time to do some extra-special jutsu and whatever.

nests
Wed, 10-18-2006, 06:34 PM
What makes this death cool is that the Konoha team was totally owned by the Akatsuki team wich shows the difference in power.
compared to Kakashi team this guys were pretty weak then again team 7 had old Chiyo which was a super bad ass powerfull granny

DDBen
Wed, 10-18-2006, 10:08 PM
I would be very surprized if Asuma was killed simply because there was no reason to point out he was still alive if that was the case. So for now I'll withhold judgement until the chapter is released and translated.

benjaminz
Thu, 10-19-2006, 02:58 AM
Stolen from... somewhere.

No.328:第十班
No. 328: Team 10

角図「行くぞ飛段」
Kakuzu: Let’s go, Hidan.

飛段「あのクソリーダー今度呪ってやろーか ったくよー!」
Hidan: Fucking leader! I should curse him next time, goddammit!

アスマ「ゲホッ」
Asuma: *Cough

シカマル・チョウジ・いの「!」「先生!」「アスマ先生!」
Shikamaru, Chouji, & Ino: ! Sensei! Asuma-sensei!

シカマル「いの!チョウジ!アスマを連れていくぞ!!」
Shikamaru: Ino! Chouji! Get Asuma out of here!!

飛段「だからァ!てめーらオレらが戻ってくるまでじっとしてろ!そいつはもう死ぬからよーじゃ あなクソヤロ ー共!」
Hidan: I told you! You all had better keep your asses here until we get back! That guy’s gonna die anyway! See ya, fuckers!

2人消える
*The two disappear

シカマル「チョージ!いの!早くしろ!」
Shikamaru: Chouji! Ino! Hurry up!

アスマ「・・・もういい・・・もうオレはここまでだ それくらいは自分で分かる・・・・へっ・ ・・お前達も ・・・分かっているハズだ・・・」
Asuma: …it’s alright…this is it for me…even I know that much…you all…must realize it as well…

いの(急所を四箇所も・・・これじゃもう・・・)
Ino (mental): He’s been hit in four vital points…there’s nothing else…

アスマ「三代目の・・・したこと・・・今になってやっと分かる気がする・・・オレはいつも遅す ぎる・・・最 後に・・・ゲホッ・・・いの・・・チョウジ・・・シカマル・・・お前達に・・・言っておきたい 事がある」
Asuma: I think I finally…understand…what the 3rd did…I’m always too late…one last thing…*cough*…Ino, Chouji, & Shikamaru…I have something I want to say…to you all.

チョウジ「先生もう喋っちゃダメだよ!」
Chouji: Sensei, no more talking!

シカマル「チョージ!」 
Shikamaru: Chouji!

チョウジ驚く 
*Chouji is surprised

シカマル「いのも・・・・アスマ先生の最後の言葉だ・・・しっかり聞け」
Shikamaru: You too Ino…These are Asuma-sensei’s last words…listen up.

アスマ「いの・・・お前は気が強いが・・・面倒見のいい子だ・・・チョウジもシカマルも・・・ こいつら不器 用だからな・・・頼む・・・」
Asuma: Ino…you’re really spirited…but you’re really responsible…Chouji and Shikamaru…are both pretty inept…so watch over them…

いの「・・・・はい・・・・」
Ino: …..Yeah…

アスマ「それから・・・サクラには負けんなよ・・・忍術も恋もな・・・」
Asuma: And…don’t you lose to Sakura…in ninjutsu or in love…

いの「はい!・・・・」
Ino: Yeah!....

アスマ「チョウジ・・・お前は仲間想いの優しい男だ・・・・だからこそ・・・誰よりも強い忍に なる・・・自 分にもっと自信をもて・・・」
Asuma: Chouji…you’re a kind-hearted guy who thinks of his friends’ feelings…that’s why…you’ll become a stronger ninja than anyone…so be more confident in yourself…

チョウジ「・・・・うん・・・・」
Chouji: …yeah…

アスマ「それと・・・少しダイエットしないとな・・・」
Asuma: That and…you need to diet a little…

チョウジ「ムリかもしれないけどガンバってみる・・・」
Chouji: That might not be possible…but I’ll try my best…

アスマ「へ・・・ そしてシカマル・・・」
Asuma: A…and you Shikamaru…

アスマ「・・・お前は頭がキレるし・・・忍としての・・・センスもいい・・・火影にもなれる・ ・・器だ・・ ・まぁ・・・めんどくさがり屋のお前は・・・嫌がるだろうが・・・」
Asuma: ….your mind is sharp…and your sense as a ninja…is good…you have the talent…that could even make you Hokage…well…a complainer like you would probably just whine and moan about it though…

アスマ「・・・・将棋・・・・お前に一度も勝てなかったな・・・そういや・・・・”王”のあの 話・・・アレ が誰だか・・・・教えてやる・・・耳貸せ・・・」
Asuma: …I never even managed to beat you once…in Shougi…oh…that talk about “the King”…I guess I’ll let you in on…who that is…come closer…

耳打ちするアスマ
*Asuma whispers into Shikamaru’s ear

シカマル「! アスマ・・・あんた・・・だから・・・」
Shikamaru: ! Asuma…you…I told you…

アスマ「・・・・・頼んだぞ・・・・シカマル・・・・けど・・・・もう・・・・もういいよな・ ・・・止めて たタバコも・・・・オレの・・・ポーチに入ってる・・・最後の一服を・・・」
Asuma: …I’m leaving it up to you…Shikamaru….but…well…well enough of that…those cigarettes I stopped smoking…they’re in my pouch…I just want one last drag…

シカマルに火をつけて貰うアスマ
*Shikamaru lights Asuma’s cigarette for him

アスマ「フゥー」
Asuma: *Phewwwwwwwww (blowing out smoke)

(過去)
(Flashback)

三人「ゴホッ ゲホ ゲホッ」
Shikamaru, Ino & Chouji: *Cough cough cough

アスマ「あ!わりぃわリィ 今日から第十班の担当になる猿飛アスマだ厳しくするから覚悟しろよ !いきなり泣 くなよ まだ厳しくするって言っただけだろ」
Asuma: Oh! Sorry sorry. I’m Sarutobi Asuma and I will be heading up team 10 starting today. I’m gonna make things tough, so be prepared! Hey, you don’t need to start crying. All I said was that I was going to make things tough.

シカマル「煙が目に染みるんだよ!!」
Shikamaru: The smoke is making our eyes water!!

焼肉店で
*At the Barbeque place

アスマ「チョウジくん・・・君は遠慮という言葉を知っているかね・・・」 シカマル「三百両は 行ったな」
Asuma: Chouji…do you even know the word “restraint”…

Shikamaru: Man, we/he ate 300 ryou worth of food…

花屋で
*At the flower shop

いの「(花を買うアスマに)誰にぃー?」 アスマ「いや別に誰でも・・・」 いの「紅先生によ ろしくねー! 」 アスマ「なっ!なぜ!?」
Ino: Who are those for?

Asuma: Oh, nobody in particular…

Ino: Say hi to Kurenai-sensei for me!

Asuma: Wh…why!?

縁側で
*Out on the porch
アスマ「ルールはこの本を読めば大体分かる 後はやりながらだな」 
Asuma: You’ll get the hang of the rules by reading the book. After that you can learn while playing…

シカマル「めんどくせーけど・・・こんなの十分ありゃ完璧っすよ」
Shikamaru: It’s kind of a pain…but I guess if I have enough of these then it should work out perfectly…

アスマ「ま・・・・負けた・・・」 シカマル「手ぇ抜かなくていいっすよマジで・・・」
Asuma: I…lost…

Shikamaru: You really don’t have to go easy on me…

アスマ「今回の中忍試験で中忍になれたのはお前だけだ(シカマル見て)担当上忍としてオレも鼻 が高いぞ
あとはいのとチョウジ お前達も頑張れよ」
Asuma: You’re the only one who made it to chuunin during this year’s chuunin exams (*looking at Shikamaru). As your jounin team leader, I’m pretty proud too. All that’s left if for Ino and Chouji to become chuunin. You two hang in there.

アスマ「良く頑張ったな チョウジ、いの これで第十班は全員中忍だ そしてここでオレもお前等の担当から 外れるこれからはお前等一人一人が隊長になり新たなチームを率いる事になる このピアスはオレからの中忍祝 いのプレゼントだオレたちが第十班のチームだった事を忘れないようにな!」
Asuma: You all did great, Chouji and Ino. Now everyone in team 10 is a chuunin. And this is where my watch over you all ends. Going forward, each of you will become captains and lead new teams. These earrings are a congratulatory present from me on you all becoming chuunin. Don’t forget the fact that you were all a part of team 10!

アスマ死亡・・・
*Asuma dies…

チョウジ「先生ーっ!!」
Chouji: Sensei!!

雨が降ってくる
*Rain starts to fall

シカマル煙草に火をつける
*Shikamaru lights a cigarette and starts smoking

シカマル「ゲホッ ゴホッ!ぐっ・・・うっ・・・うっ・・・・やっぱりタバコは嫌いだ・・・煙 が目に染みや がる・・・」
Shikamaru: *Cough cough! *Sobbing*…I really do hate smoking…the damn smoke makes my eyes water...

窓の外を見つめる紅で今週終わり
*This week’s chapter ends with Kurenai staring out the window.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 10-19-2006, 07:43 AM
So he really died. Funny we get the script faster than the raw.

Here I thought he'd tell Shikamaru whatever he wanted to tell Kakashi... but I guess he wouldn't waste his last breath on important information, unless the "King"s identity were important.

Yukimura
Thu, 10-19-2006, 07:56 AM
Wow, I'm almost surprised he did die. But at least he didn't go out like a punk. I wonder if the manga will goon long enough for Kurenai to give birth to the kid she's almost definately carrying.:eek:

kimbap629
Thu, 10-19-2006, 08:13 AM
i wasn't too surprised that asuma was gonna die, seeing how sandaime hokage~

i'm guessing we'll be seeing naruto, kakashi, yamato, and sakura soon~
jiraiya might be showing up again hunting akatsuki members...

well, i guess this is another turning point in naruto. i guess this is where things will start getting crazy-series now...

ino-shika-chou dont have their original leader...meh

i guess 1 by 1, the konoha shinobi teams are getting shattered..

first we lose sasuke now asuma...

who else is left?

shino--kiba--hinata === kurenai
lee--neji--ten ten === gai

pandacon
Thu, 10-19-2006, 01:41 PM

last week almost everybody was complaining Asuma survided

this spoilers point to his death and now people will start complaining about his death? ob brother....:rolleyes:

Well, to be fair, I never complained about him surviving.

ody
Thu, 10-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Still no scanlation?

nests
Thu, 10-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Nope, there hasnt even been a raw yet

RasenDori
Thu, 10-19-2006, 10:46 PM
raws out

chp 328
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gv6lpm

nests
Thu, 10-19-2006, 11:10 PM
finally:D thanks RasenDori

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Nice to see someone die at last (wow, manga/anime sure brings out the sadistic side of the fans huh!) although the whole thing felt a bit pretentious since it was so obvious. Then again, Kishi has us in stitches because there's always the annoying risk that the dying character will be saved by a miracle. His dying speech was cool and in-character, and it made me feel like it was a shame that we didn't get to know Asuma better during his stay in the series.

And yes, Kishi does hate the Sarutobi clan.

I guess this means that team Shikamaru or/and Kurenai will have Hidan's head! (well, that wouldn't kill him but you get the point)

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Excellent chapter.
Too bad someone posted that script some posts ago... .

nests
Thu, 10-19-2006, 11:44 PM
You know I think Naruto has actually a high death count for good guys compared to other shonenjump manga I think its been 4 uptil now

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-20-2006, 12:16 AM
You know I think Naruto has actually a high death count for good guys compared to other shonenjump manga I think its been 4 uptil now

guess it depends on what you compare it to (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JoJo%27s_Bizarre_Adventure)

bagandscalpel
Fri, 10-20-2006, 12:42 AM
guess it depends on what you compare it to (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JoJo%27s_Bizarre_Adventure)

Ahh, good times; there were 4 "good guy" deaths in Part 1, alone.

But then again, who says the quality of a shounen series is based off of protagonist body count, anyhow?

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-20-2006, 12:56 AM
True true, what is important is basically how well the deaths are played off and the impact on the story. Bringing us back to the age old fact that Neji and Chouji should have died. Well at least Chouji. Repeat. ;S

Anyway, too bad we didn't get to see more of the Asuma/Kurenai relationship...

nests
Fri, 10-20-2006, 01:33 AM
Well Choji and Neji dying wouldnt really have changed anything But I agree they tottally should have died.
Since the death of a good guy in Naruto always has some impact
Sandaime: bringing in Tsunade
Obito: Kakashi's sharingan
Chiyo: Gaara resurrected
I wonder what sort of consequence this one is going to have

bagandscalpel
Fri, 10-20-2006, 02:15 AM
I wonder what sort of consequence this one is going to have

Kukukuku... a silly question, when the answer's obviously:

Asuma: Shikamaru smokin' like a chimney

KoKo37
Fri, 10-20-2006, 04:15 AM
[MQ] Chapter 328 Scanlation by NarutoBuzz :

Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/10575/naruto328.zip)

Sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/5u1mj6)

Stoopider
Fri, 10-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Looks like Asuma never learned alot from his dad.

Psyke
Fri, 10-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Good stuff. The flash backs were great and I'm not sure if this will trigger an all new motivated Shikamaru. Not that I'd want him to carry on being a slacker but people like him for being a slacking genius. :)

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Wow, the script that was posted before made me think this would be a pretty weak chapter, but now that I read it along with the images.... wow, it's rather touching. Bye Asuma, we'll miss you! You were a nice background character, always.

And Shikamaru, blaming the smoke for his tears... well, it was obvious that the smoke had nothing to do with it, but it was still a nice touch.

I guess they'll go back to the village and we'll have a few wrap-up chapters with Kurenai and, perhaps, Shikamaru will be nice enough to tell the readers who or what the "king" is.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-20-2006, 08:29 AM
It's Sasuke.

or perhaps Asuma said something really stupid like "it's the people you care about"...

but most likely, it's Sasuke.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-20-2006, 08:41 AM
It's Sasuke.

or perhaps Asuma said something really stupid like "it's the people you care about"...

but most likely, it's Sasuke.

Don't think so. Must be the Jinchuuriki (sp?)

nests
Fri, 10-20-2006, 10:17 AM
What if Kurenai is preagnet and the king he so much wanted to protect is the baby. but then again this is shonen manga so I doubt it.

mage
Fri, 10-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Why the hell would it be Sasuke? He's a bad guy now.

Genma
Fri, 10-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Nooo, Asuma! Maybe this will trigger Chouji to actually go on a diet and he'll look all weird like he did when he went into butterfly mode.

... Or probably not.

Anyway, this was an okay chapter. Although I'm not entirely sure why he entrusted Shikamaru and Chouji under Ino since she's the most responsible or something... yeah, I don't know. And the whole "don't lose to Sakura" thing was just dumb.

I think the king is probably Naruto or something.

Meteros
Fri, 10-20-2006, 11:48 AM
maybe it's konohamaru.
i've always wondered why his character was introduced so early in the story

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-20-2006, 12:40 PM
maybe it's konohamaru.
i've always wondered why his character was introduced so early in the story

I always wondered too, until last year I saw a very special slip of paper that was included in a Shounen Jump... whevere a new series starts running a small questionnare is included in the magazine, asking the readers things like

"Do you think the main character is...
A) Cool B) Smart C) Dumb D) Brave E) Friendly"

I'm not sure why do they include them... it's not as if the mangaka would change the story just to please the voters. Anyway, one of the question that is always, always asked is

"What would you like to see the next chapter? Would you like the main character to...
A) Meet a friend B) Meet a rival C) Defeat a small villian"

And so on. My only explanation is that, for Naruto, most people voted "Meet a friend" and the result was Konohamaru, who was promptly left behind by the main storyline.

And my guess about the king is that it has to be a Jinchuuriki, or perhaps all of them. It's not very logical, but I think that Asuma had once said it wasn't the Hokage.

Edit: 900th post. Yay! I'm so slow! Eight more months and I'll have 1000!

chet_chetty
Fri, 10-20-2006, 05:54 PM
and why shouldnt we think the King is Shikamaru?

After Asuma whispers who it is to Shikamaru, the next thing Asuma says is "I'll leave it up to you" Is that not an overly-obvious statement?

If it's not him, what is he leaving up to Shikamaru? The only thing I can think of is to, if possible, teach Naruto intellect because it seems noone else can (even Jaraiya). And if that's the case, Asuma whispered Naruto's name. If not Naruto, I'm very doubtful Kishimoto would allude to anything that deeply or indirect.

Does anyone know the exact (more specific) role of the Shougi piece Asuma compares himself to? Not just it's function and movement restrictions, but what strategic purpose it usually serves in a good match.

If this was a Shougi match (as the metaphor this fight was all along set up to be), Asuma's sacrifice was to protect the King..and we know for certain the King aint one of the other two jounins.

Shikamaru, IMO, has the smartest ninja/tactical/intellectual/analytical, etc. mind in Konoha, if not the entire series...including Jounins and Sannins.

It's just his ability/chakra does not rate insanely high like Itachi, so his intelligence, in itself, is downplayed. He's a natural born leader and the best tactician we've seen so far out of every ninja introduced in this series. The only reason he's ever lost is because of a lack of overwhelming chakra, which other characters have used in the past to make up for being (below/slightly above) average thinkers. or most specifically, not being genius thinkers.

If the King is supposed to be the one who will be Hokage, I dont think the Hokage needs to be the most powerful and have the largest capacity. Konoha has so many powerplayers that are set to become the strongest ninjas in the Naruto world (Naruto, Sasuke (once he sees the light), Sakura, Neiji,) that having Shikamaru as the mover of them as pieces would make Konoha retardedly broken.

RasenDori
Fri, 10-20-2006, 08:17 PM
shikamarus already been compared to the knight by asuma

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-20-2006, 08:33 PM
God.. I can't believe we're having this disscussion...

let me repharse my previous comment about the kings' identity.

I think it's Aoba.

wait, scratch that, it won't work anymore since Aoba has been given a role in the previous chapter, so the joke isn't funny anymore...

I think it's a cow.
that's right, a cow. a brown one, to be spesific. and it gives out choclate milk rather than regular milk, since it's brown.

doesn't that sound reasonable?

Obviously, we're reading a shitty shonen series, so if the king has to have a soild identity, it's bound to be the main charecter - AKA Naruto. Also, if you remember, when the 3rd dies, there is the last page with the dubbing of 'the fire of shadows dies out' (not actual words, but same meanning) and the next page is with Naruto beating up gaara and 'a new seed illuminates through the darkness' (again, not exact words). Doesn't it sound like a change of leadership to you?

either Naruto, or some shitty emotion like 'the king is the children who create the future' crap.

with this settled down, we can all agree that the king is a brown cow. So stop taking every silly thing so damn seriously.

Raven
Fri, 10-20-2006, 08:51 PM
That'll be a sad anime episode, which probably won't air for about 4 years at this rate.

I wonder how they'll handle all the smoking. Well, they have shown Asuma smoking before in the anime, so I guess it'll be fine.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Yes, but Japan has turned very strict on that subject as of lately...a (main) character is allowed to smoke within the manga, but (for instance) not on the cover of said manga. Also, all smoking is erased from the anime unless it's a secondary character.

The best example is Gintama, a Shounen Jump manga/anime series that sadly no one reads but me.... one of the main characters, a Shinsengumi named Hijikata (some of you might recognize the name) smokes like a chimney in the manga, but in the anime his cigars are sometimes transformed into lollipops.

The same applies to Naruto... it's acceptable to see Asuma smoking, but not Shikamaru, since he's a much more important character and, age-wise, so close to the target audience.

Meteros
Fri, 10-20-2006, 10:32 PM
i personally do not think the king is shikamaru. granted he is a very unique ninja and has extraordinary capabilities, i think what asuma meant was that it was up to shikamaru to carry on asuma's duty as "the sacrificial piece" or as a knight to protect the king. asuma called shikamaru a knight before pointing at the king, so that almost definitely rules shika out.

Stoopider
Sat, 10-21-2006, 01:03 AM
It's Naruto. Dont think so hard. It just is. Hence the show is named after Naruto...

Either that, or it's Udon.

RasenDori
Sat, 10-21-2006, 08:06 AM
i think the clue to the who the king lies in shikamarus response, "you... thats why." so whoever the king is, its linked to asumas behavior before the mission. the only thing i can think of is all the suspicious behavior involving kurenai. but its hard for me to think that shes the "king" unless the king is someone you love or some bullshit like that.

toonice714
Sat, 10-21-2006, 02:44 PM
NOOOO shikamaru dont smoke! Damn where are the TRUF ninja's when you need them. Damn cigarette companies! Oh well atleast we might catch up on Naruto's training. I think during the training Kakashi will refer to Yamato as Tenzou again and we miht get an inside look at the roots program as well as the ANBU. We also might get to shed some light on the whole situation with Tsunade and that old guy.

darkmetal505
Sat, 10-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Well Hidan and Kakuzu did say they were coming right back... I wonder if they were being serious.

Assertn
Sun, 10-22-2006, 03:30 AM
Well Hidan and Kakuzu did say they were coming right back... I wonder if they were being serious.

Well if they plan to go seal a jinchurriki, then I'd imagine it would take them a day at least.

Stoopider
Sun, 10-22-2006, 05:31 AM
NOOOO shikamaru dont smoke! Damn where are the TRUF ninja's when you need them. Damn cigarette companies!

You might be right....

Asuma died for advertising purposes! :)

RasenDori
Sun, 10-22-2006, 08:34 AM

most likely they are. they could just hide somewhere and use that fake body thing to go to the cave.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 10-22-2006, 12:17 PM
I don't think Hidan meant that. He's the kind of character that speaks too much, as already evidence by Shikamaru, who wouldn't have been able to understand his curse if it wasn't for his teathricals. Besides, I don't think Hidan cares enough about Shikamaru & Co. to go back just to kill them...

But he'll get his chance. Hidan and Shikamaru will meet again... Shikamaru must revenge Asuma or something, and he'll use that brain of his to understand why Hidan just won't die.

darkmetal505
Sun, 10-22-2006, 01:06 PM
most likely they are. they could just hide somewhere and use that fake body thing to go to the cave.

Thats what I was thinking. Kakuzu still seems firm on taking Asuma's body as a bounty to keep Akatsuki's financial assets in line and Hidan would just come back for the fun of it.

alexischazz739
Sun, 10-22-2006, 02:15 PM
shikamaru smoking? That's bad.

bxgreatone87
Sun, 10-22-2006, 09:29 PM
It's kind of funny how the only important thing asuma really did in naruto was teach naruto a little about wind elemental.

The king is naruto end of story. The main character is always gonna be the most important and shika saying "you.....thats why" maybe points at the reason he helped naruto hence makeing him the king. This is just an educated guess on my part which just makes sense.

RasenDori
Sun, 10-22-2006, 11:35 PM
i think asuma would have helped naruto regarless of if he is the king or not.

DayoftheDante
Mon, 10-23-2006, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=bxgreatone87]It's kind of funny how the only important thing asuma really did in naruto was teach naruto a little about wind elemental.

He also saved Shikamaru's ass from a group of sound nin.

docdan63
Mon, 10-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Asuma was cool,and him helpng naruto was something that was needed to make it worth wihle and make him a good character.

However,they should've had asuma take down one guy with him,or do a final hidden secret Kage known jutsu that his dad taught him before he died.

That would really make it awesome

RasenDori
Mon, 10-23-2006, 03:20 PM
im sure that he knows some crazy techneques that make him worthy of being a jounin, but he opponent was hidan, so he didnt really get the chance to use any. im sure the anime will beef this fight sceen up (if it ever gets animated). if only his opponent a cheap ass voodoo doll.

ChaosK
Mon, 10-23-2006, 08:06 PM
All Asuma used ever were his chakra blades...in his last words he tells chouji to go on a diet. rofl.

Winged Dancer
Mon, 10-23-2006, 08:25 PM
And even then, Chouji says it might be impossible. Hah. I doubt he'll ever do it...

Was it ever confirmed whether Asuma was stronger than, eh, that monk Kakuzu killed before? I remember Asuma said so, but I forget whether he was serious or not.

SK
Tue, 10-24-2006, 01:43 AM
Asuma was pretty weak for being the son of a Hokage...

RasenDori
Tue, 10-24-2006, 01:53 AM
i dont think so. its just that you dont get much of a chance to show your stuff when fighting hidan. one cut and it can end. fihgting wise asuma had the upper hand.

JaySee
Tue, 10-24-2006, 07:09 AM
There is no King of Konoha. The Hokage is not a King. More of a General. It's quite clear in the series that the Hokage's word is not final and that he/she takes orders from the elders. The "King" Asuma speaks of is most likely a referrence to the shougi piece. In which case, he's probably talking about either a.) the village, Konoha or b.) Kurenai. It's something he would protect. It's very doubtful that he's talking about Naruto. His whole "getting it now" and the things the third accomplished makes it even more likely he's talking about the Village.

Yukimura
Tue, 10-24-2006, 09:12 AM
The problem with a lot of these ninja fights is that the opponent faced usually has some insanely awesome skills. When they can't be beaten by the good guy it looks as if the good guy is weak. The only things Asuma couldn't counter were Hidan's immortality and the shared affliction curse and that's why he lost. But those two skills are probably unique to Hidan and I doubt most ninja would have forseen they'd have to deal with an unkillable enemy. I think the fight would have gone much differently if it was just Asuma's squad against Kazuku...since Kazuku (probably) can die, in which case Asuma's skills wouldn't have been turned against him so badly and he woulnd't look like he was weak.

kimbap629
Wed, 10-25-2006, 09:35 AM
my guess in beating a guy like hidan would be to counter the negative effect of the curse by a jinchurikki fighting it~

someone like naruto who has instant healing capabilities (while in kyubi mode), infinite chakra supply, insanely high increase in physical & jutsu strength...not to mention that naruto is training to be able to use the wind element~ if he adds that to rasengan on top of his cheap kage bunshin + kyubi powers...naruto will probably be the one plowin thru the akatsuki members~

and i guess the new sasuke will fight itachi in a 1v1 dual. itachi will probably be surprised to see sasuke's flowering chidori move~

ChaosK
Sun, 10-29-2006, 01:36 PM
I found the most interesting part of this was Kakashi showing Naruto how to look two ways at once, then Naruto magically going "THAT'S IT!"

Most likely he's going to have one clone do rasengan, another actually do the wind manipulation and then put them together....

Perhaps the only way to beat Hidan is to be one where he can't hold the bind he has on you. For example, like Shikamaru's kage mano no jutsu, he can only control the person for a certain amount of time, if the opponent is too strong, then that person is capable of breaking the bind. Same goes with Hidan's jutsu, one must be one who Hidan can't keep under his bind. Also, perhaps with the blood seal, he requires the opponent to be actually bleeding, which in Naruto's case shouldn't be a problem since the Kyuubi chakra can heal him.

Tobi is an akatsuki....word. And their lair is waaaay to complex for no apparent reason. Also, wtf? Using economy to control the world? I thought I was watching ninjas beat the shit outta each other. The last page cracks me up, "The terrifying plan is revealed to conquer everything beneath his eyes!"

...Terrifying? He's forming a fucking mercenary group that can cause war at will... oooo