PDA

View Full Version : Something that's been bugging me.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 10-17-2006, 10:04 PM
There's a question I've been wondering about for quite some time now, concerning the post time jump manga.

Why the hell do all of the rookie eight (excluding naruto who never got promoted) who graduated to the chuunin class still seem to operate under the authority of there old jounin instructors? I mean I thought they'd be sent off individiualy or with other chuunin on missions as opposed to sticking with their old teachers.

I even thought that the jounin teachers would move on to a new squad of genin candidates after there former students ranked up. Can anyone explain why we don't have a new generation of genin running around with Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurnei?

kAi
Tue, 10-17-2006, 10:13 PM
I don't know, but there should be plenty of other Jounin to teach the new generation. But it seems that they create a good bond and kind of make it go a while and they've been working as a team for quite a while. Plus, this generation has too much baggage.

RyougaZell
Tue, 10-17-2006, 11:46 PM
I believe you can't take a Genin team immediately after "graduating" one.

I mean... Ebisu didn't had a team before. And Kakashi always failed his.

Genma
Tue, 10-17-2006, 11:52 PM
It's a manga; some things aren't supposed to make sense.

Xscatic
Wed, 10-18-2006, 12:21 AM
If you remember in Kakashi Gaiden, the 4th Hokage was still in charge of his group.
So it may be custom for teams to stay and work together. Besides, it may take a special type of promotion or an reasonable amount of experience among jounins before they are given any genin to teach.

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-18-2006, 08:31 AM
If you remember in Kakashi Gaiden, the 4th Hokage was still in charge of his group.
So it may be custom for teams to stay and work together. Besides, it may take a special type of promotion or an reasonable amount of experience among jounins before they are given any genin to teach.

The "Yondaime" (or by the assumed name Kazama Arashi) wasn't a Hokage yet during the Gaiden.
Althought Kakashi WAS a Jounin already.

Kind off Neji with Guy's team.

RasenDori
Wed, 10-18-2006, 08:34 AM
konoha is really big on protecting those close to you. so maybe its a way to get ninja to become close to one another by being partners for years and sharing a relationship.

deaconfry
Thu, 11-09-2006, 04:08 PM
There's a question I've been wondering about for quite some time now, concerning the post time jump manga.

Why the hell do all of the rookie eight (excluding naruto who never got promoted) who graduated to the chuunin class still seem to operate under the authority of there old jounin instructors? I mean I thought they'd be sent off individiualy or with other chuunin on missions as opposed to sticking with their old teachers.

I even thought that the jounin teachers would move on to a new squad of genin candidates after there former students ranked up. Can anyone explain why we don't have a new generation of genin running around with Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurnei?

they dont go off on there own and teach genin because the jounin are the ones who teach the genin not chuunin

ChaosK
Fri, 11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
they dont go off on there own and teach genin because the jounin are the ones who teach the genin not chuunin

No they both do. Some Genins have Chuunin instructors. I'd imagine not all jounins are babysitters, after all only three teams make it to an actual Genin, in other words, only three instructors for each graduating class are needed. I doubt they'd have to call upon Kakashi, Kurenai or Asuma (now dead) again for a while.

The old instructors now just go on missions in a team as ninjas. For example we've seen time and time again Kakashi being away on a mission.

Super5
Tue, 12-05-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure why the jounin don't take on new students... except that maybe those teams work so well together that Tsunade doesn't want to break them up. Another possibility is that less-experienced Jounin have been taking on the new genin recently.

Everon
Thu, 12-14-2006, 08:13 AM
Eecently we've seen Shikamaru work with other chunnin (granted it was under Sarutobi-Sensei). That's their gentle suggestion that teams often get formed based on needed abilities during a mission.

The eight teams were originally built so that teammates would complement each other's abilities. Along with teamwork experience, it makes sense to use the these configured teams often.