PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 207

DDBen
Tue, 10-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Note this episode and future episodes will be in both wide screen and normal. Also the next episode is likely to have a long delay before its released.

WS Episode
http://tracker.kaizoku-fansubs.com/torrents/%5BK-F%5D_One_Piece_207_WS_%5B7B11DBEB%5D.mp4.torrent

non-ws episod
http://tracker.kaizoku-fansubs.com/torrents/%5BK-F%5D_One_Piece_207_%5B299C672D%5D.mp4.torrent

Direct download link
http://www.websys-ag.com/kf/

Munsu
Tue, 10-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Release information on their site:

Okay, time for a nice long news post. (Bear with me.)

First, the good news.

We are now releasing the next episode. This is the start of the arc on Long Ring Long Land, or as it is more popularly termed, the Davy Back Fight. You'll find out what that actually means in Episode 208. This arc is a refreshing step back from the epic adventures of Arabasta and Skypiea, but still full of the great elements that make One Piece so enjoyable. The arc will last from Episode 207 to Episode 219.

For those of you who are not yet familiar with this arc, Episode 207 marks the point when One Piece began airing in HDTV (High-definition). Unfortunately for us, the Japanese DVDs which we have been using for our fansub source since Episode... 15 or so? o_O have not transitioned to high definition, and instead chose to crop out a portion of the picture to make the video fit in DVD standard fullscreen resolution, 640x480. The simple suggesion is, of course, use the TV episodes, they're higher resolution right? Unfortunately, no, they are not. The TV raws at the time were not encoded in high definition, and are instead 704x396 (which is closer to DVD standard widescreen, which doesn't sound nearly as cool as HDTV). Pulling out your trusty calculator, you may find out that the normal DVD resolution is actually larger than these widescreen raws (640x480 = 307200 pixels ; 704x396 = 278784 pixels).

That's a whole crapload of words for... we hate Toei.

So, what to do? Do we choose the higher quality fullscreen resolution episodes (FS), or the lower resolution widescreen episodes with additional footage (WS).

[Please note, it is incorrect to call the WS episodes HDTV. They are a gross scaledown of HDTV, a hollow echo of HDTV, an incomprehensibly inferior product to HDTV. It's like calling a kazoo a flute. Or calling Naruto a ninja.]

Well, we have decided that it is in the best interest of K-F to release both versions of the episode. This translates into twice as much work for both our timer and encoder, and I am grateful to both of them for supporting this decision. When downloading from our bots and torrents, the WS label will designate widescreen episodes.

Okay, that's half of the news announcements for today.
That was a lot to read, so feel free to take a break. Grab a cup of tea. Watch the released episode that has probably finished downloading by now. Things like that.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Okay, and now the bad news. Make sure you're sitting down.

We'll start with the old bad news.

One of our guys who works on the episodes moved his apartment back in early September. He was expecting that the brand new apartment would have Internet capabilities readily available. He was wrong. No phone line was installed in the apartment, and his application for even expensive fiber optic was rejected because of area restrictions. That brought his contact with the group to about 0 for about a month. That was the delay for 206. He has since managed to get in contact through his work connection, but has to keep it to a minimum. Being fired would be bad. It was a huge effort, but with his limited contact, we managed to push 207 out in a little over two weeks.

And please, don't ask if we can do the episodes without him. The answer is no.

So now... the new bad news.

He is going on vacation for a month and a half.
[For those of you who have never experienced the "millions of voices suddenly crying out in terror" thing from Star Wars, that's what it felt like to write this post. >_>]

So, that's the story. He will be taking his laptop with fansub work on it, but no one knows if he'll have Internet access, or even any time to work at all.

The short story is, expect the long delays on episodes to continue through November.

But, the one shining ray of hope at the end of this pity story...

His Internet is scheduled to *FINALLY* be installed from a different company while he is away.

May the Force be with him.

One Piece 207 is now released!

Update 1: It looks like our tracker page is showing 207 WS waaaay at the bottom. If you scroll down, you can grab it. Jakobo will fix that issue ASAP.

Harima Kenji
Tue, 10-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Now I don't know what version I should get from now on.. I don't have a WS monitor, so the WS version will make it smaller on my screen.. on the other hand, the WS version shows more..
If anyone has downloaded and seen both, can you plz enlighten us on the actual quality difference? Screenshots or something..

For now I'll download the fullscreen version.. and maybe next time the WS version..

Something else I suddenly thought of:
Is is possible to burn a HD episode on a DVD? Since the size would be too big for one DVD, right? (maybe if you put only 1 ep on a DVD9 disc...)

Does anyone by chance know at what episode the RAWs became HD encoded?

Kraco
Tue, 10-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Looks like an interesting arc that is starting. Even if it seems to be quite a tall tale...

As far as I'm concerned, there's no debate which version is better: I will gladly sacrifice a few pixels for the intended information included. I usually watch these episodes on my 4:3 computer screen and not using my TV (despite the fact it would be the normal ws), so that's not the question. I just want to see the whole picture, even if it's a bit smaller. But with most of series ws these days, it's the norm anyway and I'm used to it.

ChaosK
Tue, 10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I downloaded the wide-screen one (because I have a widescreen laptop) but despite the quality being lower than full screen, it's still really good.

Also, who was that guy fighting Luffy in the intro?

Munsu
Tue, 10-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Someone that hasn't been introduced yet, so we got no info on him.

Deblas
Tue, 10-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Finally....but it sucks now that we have to wait so much again.

Meh, nothing special. Just an introduction episode. I did like how Donflamingo pawned Bellamy and I still wonder just what is the new pirate age he is talking about.

dragonrage
Wed, 10-18-2006, 01:54 AM
It is two am and I am having trouble sleeping, what should one do. Well I watched one piece and read your comments.

This episode was uneventful really and had a really weird feel to it, but I know that it well get better, after all it always does. All I gotta say is that island might produce some very talented basket ball players :p If there are any native people that is.

As for deciding what version to download, that was easy, get both. That is what i will do, hey they took the time to sub it might as well watch it. Also I archive alot and my friends often "borrow" my collection from time to time to it wouldn't really hurt giving them a choice.

To the staff member that is going on vacation: have a great time man, knock them dead and don't forget to have some fun doing it. Seeya in a few. (Don't know if he will get the message, it might be wise to post on K-F)

Well with one piece you certainly never know what you are getting, that is what i like about it. Can't wait to see some sword action by you know who. Those kicks need a work out, they haven't been put to the test in a while. And we all know luffy has to do his "thang". Looking forward to the future epiosde. This intro episode left me with some interesting thoughts of things that could happens. I'll just have to wait and see.

Heres to to next episode and a safe journey to the member that is going on vacation, may he have fun and return safe and well rested, to finish what he has begun.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 10-18-2006, 03:36 AM
Even though the episode was just an introduction one.. the humor makes it great to watch..
I mean.. Luffy, Chopper and Usopp rolling in the gras.. priceless :)

I think I'll get the WS version as well.. I downloaded both and the WS screen looks great.. and as said above, the WS version has more screen :)

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Personally, I'm DLing the WS version. I can put up with credits and the soundtrack commercial in exchange for not missing out whats going on on the edges.

Still, hoping Toei releases a widescreen version at some point. Best of both worlds.

Stoopider
Wed, 10-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Hehehehe. Long Dog.

imanewb
Fri, 10-20-2006, 12:46 AM
yeah good episode

?igma
Sat, 10-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Since this doesnt exactly deserve its own topic, Im just posting this here.

Im kind of disappointed with the first couple of episodes. Perhaps its the voices, the art, anything really, but Luffies facial expressions for one, are annoying instead of humoristic as they are in the manga. His constant cheery faces feel somewhat misplaced in the anime. Not to mention that the anime seems to cut some really big parts from the manga and adds its own spin. Maybe Im just used to the latest chapters and thats why I cant relate to the beginning anymore, but I had expected more from the anime.