PDA

View Full Version : Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Apraxhren
Sun, 10-15-2006, 08:10 AM
This seems to be a much anticipated show this season.

Summary:
Japan has been invaded and conquered by the Britannic Empire. Japan are now known as "Area 11" and it's citizens known as "elevens." The Britannic Empire takes away Japan's autonomous power and imposes it's rule. The Britannic Empire enforces it's rule through the use of 'Nightmares'. The Empire's rule has never faltered, but cracks have begun to show...[Source: ANN]

Releases:
GG - Episode 01 (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5bgg%5d_Code_Geass_01_%5b853C2932%5d.mkv.torrent)

More info:
http://www.geass.jp/
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4521
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6704

Kraco
Sun, 10-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Looks quite interesting, but I have no idea what happened at the end of the episode, and who was the girl, and what was the contract. Well, perhaps something will be explained later.

But those Britons sure are evil people...

Edit: Btw, Kikuko Inoue has a role in this series. In the first ep it wasn't that big or a significant looking role, but who knows how it will develop. Nevertheless, she's probably the one voice actress you can't help but recognize...

Munsu
Tue, 10-17-2006, 01:15 AM
Just watched the first episode, I enjoyed it... I'm pretty sure that the main character will suffer form multiple personalities, which makes that last scene great. The first episode was not great, but it was good enough for me. At least I think the action will be good enough to keep me interested in the series. The episode reminded me of Innocent Venus a bit.

Zati
Tue, 10-24-2006, 01:26 AM
Episode 2 by gg

http://ggkthx.org/torrents/[gg]_Code_Geass_02_[691E1203].mkv.torrent

Church
Tue, 10-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Finally, been waiting for this all week!

Munsu
Tue, 10-24-2006, 04:42 AM
I'm really liking this series, the main character is interesting enough. I thought the action was better in the first episode, but it was still OK on this episode. As the first episode, the final moments of this episode were great too.

Kraco
Tue, 10-24-2006, 08:54 AM
After the second episode this continues to look like a fine series. Whilst the details were very vague in the larger battle in this episode, it's still good there were a part where wits played a role. I hope that trend will continue and it's just not a superior mecha that will solve everything in the future. They did, after all, go through some trouble to make the main character look intelligent with the chess matches and all.

Church
Tue, 10-24-2006, 08:04 PM
I just watched it, so far I'm really liking this series. I was afraid it was going to go down similar paths as some other mecha anime *cough*GundamSEED*cough* (with good reason, heck, they're from the same producers) Even thuogh CLAMP is behind the character design, there is quite a few resemblence to characters in Gundam SEED; in appearance and personality. When Lelouch and Suzaku was fighting, I had flashbacks to Kira and Athrun. But it turned out a lot different, and that's good.
As said before, if this keeps up it'll definately be a very good series.

Board of Command
Sun, 10-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Just picked this up and it certainly looks interesting. Mecha/sci-fi blended with some superpower stuff. Don't see this often.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-29-2006, 01:49 AM
Wow, just blew through the first two eps in a flash and I'm pretty impressed. While I noticed elements from several other shows, the fact that they seem to have been blended so well is a good sign that this show might rise far above the sum of it's parts.

It's funny that just today I was just thinking that supernatural and sci-fi/mecha didn't go togeather too often in anime and all of a sudden Arcness suggests I pick this one up. Good call!

Kraco
Sun, 10-29-2006, 04:56 AM
As if to impress Yukimura even more, the third episode was released:

Episode 3 - gg (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5bgg%5d_Code_Geass_03_%5b25FBABD2%5d.mkv.torrent)

Edit: Quite an episode. I was actually positively surprised that the super power had such a strict limit. It makes things definitely more interesting. Otherwise the story also proceeds nicely, and it's good to see Lelouch doesn't hesitate to kill his enemies to get to his goals. And even better he had to confess to himself he's not yet such a cold blooded killer, despite what he has done. The script also looks intriguing enough right now, with nice details like how he fooled the girl to think he's not the owner of the mysterious voice on the phone.

And of course I didn't mind the fan service in this episode...

Board of Command
Sun, 10-29-2006, 03:11 PM
The shower scene was a bit odd. In the beginning Karen was intent on exposing Lelouch and even pointed a "strange" knife at him. But after the phone call she immediately reverted back to her other identity as if nothing happened. She didn't even try to explain what she was doing with the knife and stuff. I expected her to at least threaten Lelouch to keep his mouth shut about what had happened. After that whole thing they just casually walk back together.

Karen completely blew her cover as an innocent school girl but didn't do anything about it.

Kraco
Sun, 10-29-2006, 03:44 PM
I'd just think it as minimizing the damage. After all, while Lelouch "proved" that he wasn't the commanding voice, it should still be pretty obvious to Karen that he's no fool. If she had tried to come up with lame excuses, it could have made the situation worse, from her point of view. For Lelouch it would have of course been all the same. And I tend to think that people who have personal secrets also know how to respect the secrets of other people, and don't make extra inquiries, unless it's their disposition due to a job or something. Well, I'm like that even without many secrets...

Church
Sun, 10-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Just finished watching it; words can not describe my glee, finally! A mecha anime where the pink stuff between the ears is actually put to use... And a character that doesn't just relies on ideals, instead willing to dirty his hand to accomplish his goal.
I thought Karen not explaining it was a bit weird at first, but I think Karen knows by that point that Lelouch doesn't really care, or he doesn't want to know; something along the lines of don't ask, don't tell, it probably would have turned out differently if Lelouch had kept pressing the issue but he just dropped it.
Still no news on the green hair girl yet.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-29-2006, 10:22 PM
From what I noticed in the scenes with that lab there either was more than one green haired girl or they were flashbacks. I'm hoping there's another one b/c then Lelouch can become the pilot of the badass Nightmare with the green haird girl as his 'Navigator' clenching yet another cliché. For some reason the way this show is being presented makes me want them to add in as many cliches as possible...since I think they'll be well handled.

Board of Command
Sun, 10-29-2006, 11:49 PM
I only saw one green haired girl, but there seemed to be multiple "poison gas tanks."

Church
Mon, 10-30-2006, 12:28 AM
My guess is there were a bunch of them at one point, but seems like C.C. (the green haired girl's name) is the only one left. I'm guessing those were flashbacks... and is it just me? or is she over 100 years old?
Assuming it is based on our history, the picture showed her with WWI tanks and airplanes... and assuming that's her in the picture...

Board of Command
Mon, 10-30-2006, 11:41 AM
She's likely from another world or dimension, but there's the possibility that she's a science experiment from many many moons ago.

?igma
Mon, 10-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Im pleasantly surprised by this series, at first I only read the description, maybe I shouldve read past that and then I wouldve seen it had Mecha :>.

My objections are though, that alot of the scenery is "Flat" in the background. In other words a cheaper animation which couldve given more touch to the storyline and the hopefully intelligent plot.

Im "happy" that chess is involved, because this series promises to be a combination of brain, humor and fighting. Our lead character is somewhat untouchable. In the sense that I don't really get moved when he sees flashbacks or thinks about his younger and disabled sister. There's little emotion on that part, making him an overall pretty cold character to watch. Hard to attach yourself to him.

As far as the linked characters go, theyre as flat as could possibly be. Which doesnt mean it has to be a bad story ( Lord of The Rings anyone? ), but so far they dont add much to the athmophere. Im sure it will evolve to be a group of characters that play the main hero roles and another group to play the bad guys. With on both ends a king.

I cant help myself compare our hero to Light ( Death Note ). This guy could be a partial Anti-hero, except for the fact that the storyline doesnt support us to "doubt" his reasoning. 11's are being slaughtered,so much is clear, thus we cheer for Lelouch. Looking at Light, we have the same characteristics on the path of brainpower and ethics. They don't give jack shit about human lives ( although more about 11's probably ), they both fight for a thing called righteousness and they both think first, shoot next, view the battlefield and withdraw.

So we have a cold killer, no emotion whatsoever, uses people as he likes, he should be dislikable in every way Light could be seen as dislikable, YET we are forced to see him as a hero by the surrounding plot.

Lots of talk over just one sentence and I probably repeated myself too, but I cant connect with this hero... yet.

edit2: I do not see vomiting 1 day after killing that guy as an emotion. Especially because the editors left such a scene out at the moment of the murder. Which couldve made him a little bit more sympathetic.

edit: *cough* but I like the Mecha's :P

Kraco
Mon, 10-30-2006, 05:26 PM
The main character certainly has anti-hero traits. And being able to sympathize with him or not depends just on your personal disposition and how pure heroes you need. I've come to really appreciate shows with more realistic main characters like this, and not those bulk can't-kill-even-the-worst-enemy-who-wants-to-kill-you heroes. Thus it's my disposition to easily like Lelouch. And no forcing involved.

edit2: I do not see vomiting 1 day after killing that guy as an emotion. Especially because the editors left such a scene out at the moment of the murder. Which couldve made him a little bit more sympathetic.
Wasn't that when he watched the TV news? Whatever else he might be, he obiously wasn't a seasoned soldier, and likely when he watched those news he saw for the first time really clearly and objectively what the battle meant aside from politics and tactics. Kind of post-traumatic shock. I think it was a good detail, like I wrote earlier; he wasn't yet a true cold-blooded killer. During the battle he probably had enough epinephrine in his system to outweigh any psychological shocks. So, in the long run this isn't a factor making him more sympathetic, just more human. Although those might be the same things...

Board of Command
Mon, 10-30-2006, 06:01 PM
I agree with Kraco. I prefer characters with realistic mindsets over of the absolute-good-guys out there, e.g. Kenshin. I find them easier to relate to because as young adults, we sometimes feel the same things these characters do. Like...if someone cold-bloodedly kills your family, you won't consider the negative effects of revenge and the morals of killing another human being. You're gonna want to hunt that bastard down.

Church
Mon, 10-30-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm not trying to start anything, I'll remove it if anyone objects...but,

something I found interesting... something about this scene was bugging me for a while, I think I figured out what it is...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/-Church-/vlcsnap-39737.pnghttp://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/09/27/9_11_narrowweb__200x293,0.jpg

?igma
Tue, 10-31-2006, 01:01 AM
My point was, that the hero is far, far from being a realistic character. If you wanted a realistic character, you would probably get a Shinji (sp?) as in NGE. That one probably comes very close to something realistic as a child(!) that murders people andg gets both psychologically and physically affected.

Im not sure if youve ever seen child-soldiers ( your deduction on weaponry in the other post, should have made it your interest though ) but they have become mindnumb over a passing of time. Its not something you get by being in an almost "peaceful" world and than the next day killing ~20 people without blinking your eyes, no, even smiling after.

Im just saying, however unrealistic the character is, they dont balance it out properly. They want to make him a hero, yet he has the properties of an anti-hero. I'd hate to have a shinji, its the thing that ruined NGE for me, but I also enjoy a little bit more clarity on how our hero really feels and thinks. So far, all we have is a chessplayer that kills people off strategicly.

Im sure we'll continue this discussion after 3 more episodes.

Kraco
Tue, 10-31-2006, 03:29 AM
First of all: You will never see me admitting Shinji from NGE would be the realistic case. And I wouldn't even pretend to be impartial. If Shinji was the most realistic case, mankind would have been doomed for a long time...

However, right now I don't even need to be unfair. Shinji was several years younger than Lelouch, wasn't he? Lelouch should be, I reckon and unless I'm mistaken, close to being an adult already. And as it seems he has harbored a deep grudge for a long time and has likely seen his share of pressure and bad things, not to mention he has seen the circles of politics first hand, so it's likely he actually is, in certain ways, more mature than many with more years but with less developed minds would be.

If you draw forth an extreme example like Shinji, it's just as reasonable to say Lelouch is in fact the opposite example, and quite capable to do what Shinji never would have been. With humans, one thing is sure: Everybody's different and ready to do quite different things to reach their goals right from the beginning, not to mention at such a relatively late age.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'll remove it if anyone objects...but,

something I found interesting... something about this scene was bugging me for a while, I think I figured out what it is...
Yeah, I indeed noticed that as well. An interesting detail. Hard to say if it's purposeful or not. However, as long as it's not actually planes crashing into high buildings, I won't really pay any attention. I personally think it would be hypocrisy to make all the twin towers around the world somehow untouchable. And hypocrisy is not a way of paying respect to any victims.

Board of Command
Tue, 10-31-2006, 08:17 AM
My point was, that the hero is far, far from being a realistic character. If you wanted a realistic character, you would probably get a Shinji (sp?) as in NGE. That one probably comes very close to something realistic as a child(!) that murders people andg gets both psychologically and physically affected.

Im not sure if youve ever seen child-soldiers ( your deduction on weaponry in the other post, should have made it your interest though ) but they have become mindnumb over a passing of time. Its not something you get by being in an almost "peaceful" world and than the next day killing ~20 people without blinking your eyes, no, even smiling after.

Im just saying, however unrealistic the character is, they dont balance it out properly. They want to make him a hero, yet he has the properties of an anti-hero. I'd hate to have a shinji, its the thing that ruined NGE for me, but I also enjoy a little bit more clarity on how our hero really feels and thinks. So far, all we have is a chessplayer that kills people off strategicly.

Im sure we'll continue this discussion after 3 more episodes.
I think you're forgetting that Lelouch received some superhuman power from the green hair girl. That power seemed to have come with another personality. If not, then for a kid who has held a grudge for many years to suddenly receive a power like this will surely make him eager to use that power to "bring justice."

Shinji was in a very different situation. He was just a regular kid living the regular adolescent life in a good world until he was transferred to NERV. Then everything collapsed.

?igma
Tue, 10-31-2006, 10:58 AM
First of all: You will never see me admitting Shinji from NGE would be the realistic case. And I wouldn't even pretend to be impartial. If Shinji was the most realistic case, mankind would have been doomed for a long time...

The kid that claims not to pee his pants when facing giant aliens that rip you apart, I sir, call you a liar ^^

But than again, hes an extreme because his mind is fucked up on every stage of the anime.

Ok for realism, I think Gantz comes close. Weak yet strong, strong yet weak. The human mind thinking about things like sex while youre being beaten to pulp. I think and never hope to come close to experiencing this, that however stupid Gantz evolves, the beginning is definately close to realism and you know it ;)

Now we go back to the current anime. Realism -> my ass <- Different characters ok, different personalities, yes. Different takes of pain, danger, excitement. Yes.

2 Boys, pro and antagonist becoming from scratch, powerfull beings. One by mind, the other by physics ( realism anyone ?:P). These are flat characters. Flat characters dont evolve. They have not evolved the last 3 eps even though they experience a couple serious things. Now Im not even sure how long this anime is supposed to be, but having this idea of realism in your head ... its all fake. Realistic is only that which comes close to your world of experience and is probably also slightly influanced by what culture you come from.

I cant support my way of thinking about realism, like, finding realistic anime is a desperate search for the impossible, but you should be able to tell yourself that. Besides, Our Dutch movies usually exell in realism and really..its boring ..very boring.

Too much talk, too little to say again. It could all be perfectly put into a couple words.

Realism? get off drugs.

Yukimura
Tue, 10-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Drama, Mecha, Military, Science Fiction, Supernatural
If you want absolute realism then go somewhere else like maybe...reality. From episode one I could tell that this wasn't an anime that was meant to convey realism in either plot or characters. While the characters seem meant to act in ways that are understandable or predictable, especially from the mindset of an anime fan that has sampled nearly 100 titles.

When I see mecha I know that they will probably be paired with young characters with little to know training doing extremely complicated maneuvers that no ordinary human mind could make a physical body perform (even with augmentations to increase physical strength and speed). Along those same lines I don't expect the characters to act in a way that I think anyone could act, but I do expect they'll act in a way that I conceive that a person would act, if they were missing a few key aspects of most human psyches.

?igma
Wed, 11-01-2006, 05:55 AM
Exactly my point, Kraco talks out of his ass ^^ there is no realism ^^..which is good..reality is fucked up.

P.S I think you meant to "tell"me something, but I was saying exactly what you said, just in other words. Kraco keeps moaning about the realistic mainchar, when its not there..its utter bull :P

Kraco
Wed, 11-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Exactly my point, Kraco talks out of his ass ^^ there is no realism ^^..which is good..reality is fucked up.

P.S I think you meant to "tell"me something, but I was saying exactly what you said, just in other words. Kraco keeps moaning about the realistic mainchar, when its not there..its utter bull :P

Eh? I was about to drop out of this useless argument already, but now I seem to be on the receiving end of personal offences...

My sole point in all of this was that a main character who doesn't refuse to kill his worst enemies is more realistic than some generic goody-good boy who refuses to kill an enemy who every day torments him and kills and tortures his friends. Fiction didn't invent killing and grudges. The realistic humans did. A long time ago.

And anyway, you seem to be able to totally conveniently miss the comparative form of adjectives when you read posts. Otherwise you would have noticed I wasn't talking about absolutely realistic characters but more realistic. Well, nobody's perfect.

I've come to really appreciate shows with more realistic main characters like this, and not those bulk can't-kill-even-the-worst-enemy-who-wants-to-kill-you heroes.

?igma
Wed, 11-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Im sorry I did get a bit out of my normal ways and might have tried to put a blunt insult in there too :P

On the other hand, when you claim to be watching a "more realistic character", one might ask to what background you hold it.

If you in general watch all sorts of crap anime, I suppose the mainchar here would seem a lot more realistic.

Ok there I go again :P, but what I mean to say is, you cant argue that something is more realistic, without explaining why, in comparison to what, reflecting upon ? Claiming that this character is more realistic than a Naruto is pretty obvious. Theyre in the anime to fillfull a roleplay. More realistic than One Piece I'd say hell yeah!, even though I enjoyed every bit of the manga, laughed and shed a tear here and there ( sucker for drama ) , I cant claim any of those characters evolve very much. Or for that matter, they dont really need much realism to get through their adventures.

So..assuming you are talking about the "general main-character of todays animé " Maybe Im just a little bit lost here. I dont watch sports anime, so I cant contribute on that matter ( cant imagine they suffer alot of realism though ), however, Hellsing , has absolutely nothing with realism. One piece..nope..Naruto..nuhuh.. Tokko, started off pretty good, I anticipated a psycho animé b/c of the first scene in the first ep , went bad around episode 3 to degrade to the level of Guyver. Then we have this BUTTload of crap that had something to do with cloning NGE but doing it completely BAD with a semi-link to something erotic in the form of a merge when making the perfect warmachine. Enjoyed the first ep, the rest was dead before it hit the ground. Mainchars so far ..nothing fancy.

Next up, Blood+. A better storyline, a slight bit of Shinji Syndrom on some occasions, some doubt in some episodes, grabbing more than just that which is obvious, so all in all, I would call this a "more realistic main-character" if I compare her to the rest of mainchars so far

...what else is up, oh yes, some blue lantern guy which for realities sake, Im not even going to discuss.

Death Note , one of the most promising animé at the moment. Something to truely enjoy watching. Main character has a Kami-syndrom , but than again, we don't really always agree with his solutions, or even strongly disagree, so its not the standard hero-behavior you have in anime such as Escflowne/Kenshin . An anti-hero, coming close to the most fascinating main-char Ive seen so far. Except for Griffith in Berserk, but he was fascinating b/c we knew something would happen..that it didnt add up.
Back to Light and realism. Why does Lights position of being an anti-hero add up and why does the Lelouch...whatever guy ..character not ?

The whole picture matches. We have a brilliant person ( deducting that from the fact that both are supposed to be extremely intelligent ), gets the highest grades in school. Smiles when he has to smile, emotions on a button sort to say. No friends whatsoever, yet he is admired and can wrap anyone around his finger if he wants to. Bored to the bone looking for a way out, he creates himself an illusion of a peaceful world by his hands. ( if I gave things away, I never read the manga (past a couple chapters :P), so dont shoot me )

no we go to Lelouch. Had some crap in his youth with Japan being take over, so the hatred starts from there. Grew up in a protective society, in fact, overprotected because of his sisters disabilities and has as far as we know, not laid a hand, physically, on any person in his entire life. He is probably meant to be almost as brilliant as Light, perhaps on a different field. But life has given him everything. He has plenty of friends, a luxery appartement, hes in the board of school and he occasionally likes to make the English blue blood look stupid. Next thing we know he by accident and not by his own choice, gets involved in a conflict. His mind is apparently still set on revenge, because the sweet DNA fragment picks him as her new host. BOOM character change. He kills off a couple guys, organizes the entire rebel resistance, walks himself into the mainship, chats with his halfbrother, puts a gun up his face and blows him to pieces..the head that is.

He understands everything thats going on, by pure instinct and his strength in strategic thinking. He then returns to school, completely unharmed, no scratches, no psychic impact. Not a single nightmare.

This can only point in two directions. 1 of them is bad character design, but most anime suffer this and its something everyone is accustomed to. The other is having multiple personalities, which entirely leaves realism out of the question.

No..I dont think hes more realistic.

And dang, I enjoy a debate, havent posted here for a long while :) ( Im more of a viewer in general, but I heat up over the worshipping of this anime when its quality is simply put, poor , thats also why I attacked kraco a bit head on. He seems to be glorifying it and defending it fiercely )

Kraco
Wed, 11-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Alright. When you sum it up like that, I have to admit the whole sequence of events Lelouch went through was somewhat unlikely. I guess I forgot the transition from the student to the manipulating killer in an instant, when he received the superpower. Aye, that's right. I have to admit that was a weak link, and might have been caused by the script trying to save some time by not gradually making the dude the killer he is now.

Well, on the other hand I never thought this that deeply. I was only referring to the rather superficial fact that he doesn't have some lenient version of Asimov's law hardcoded in his brain preventing killing his enemies. So, that's the only thing. Otherwise he might very well be quite unrealistic as a personality. I won't try to deny that.

However, considering the settings, he might need to be like that. Death Note is, in a certain sense, located in a world that tries to represent our world, I think. It's much easier to write a realistic character in such settings. To twist things a little, if Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan had won the world war, and after that we would have experienced somewhat peaceful period of time and much technological development, only overshadowed by a different kind of cold war, then personalities like Lelouch would have been a bit more likely in the real world as well.

To be truthful, I'm not really interested in really realistic personalities, other than not having the kill block. I enjoy mostly fateful characters in stories. Characters that just do what they want, which is also what they need to do, yet at the same time that's the only path for them. Those characters aren't often the exact main characters of shows, though, but the second characters or so. But this should explain why I didn't like Shinji at all: He was almost the exact opposite to what I want to see.

?igma
Sat, 11-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Yeah NGE seriously got pwned by the overdramatic maincharacter ^^.

In general Im watching anime to lose connection with reality for a moment. I am a dreamer. Thats also the reason why I cant enjoy sports anime. however beautiful it is for some people, I dont envision myself a supersportsman ;)

Im quite fascinated by human behavior and Im often told I push people to the edge. I grew up being pretty violant. Well..I wouldnt harm a fly in my normal state, but when I exploded, you didnt want to be near 20 feet with me. Overcoming that, I had to change an anger I apparently have into something positive, so I had to learn to deal with it over a longer period of time. Im not violant anymore and I didnt need any counceling to do it, just willpower. Nowadays when I do explode, I usually look very scary, but I only get verbal.

Somehow, Im drawn to anime with a high emotional feel to it. Not that Im a sucker for romantics, far from it. But things like friendship, honor, lost relatives, memories..well things along that line. I love to watch those. They drain me a bit and somehow enable me to stay in touch with the real me. As if Im in cry-therapy ;)

I didnt feel a thing watching this 3 episodes and thats basically why I disagree(d) with you. I personally say Im quite sensitive about it :P

On to Deathnote 5! :>

lambchopsil
Sat, 11-04-2006, 09:02 PM
And episode 4 is released and the fans go wild!

Torrent (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Code_Geass_04_%5B49715425%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Sun, 11-05-2006, 05:02 AM
An interesting episode. Looks like no matter how carefully and thoroughly Lelouch plans, he can't predict the human factor, after all. Well, at least he got himself an outfit that makes him look like a masked dracula...

Looks like Karen doesn't suspect anything. But that being the case, has she lost all interest in Lelouch? Will she become interested in Zero? Will we have some sort of pseudo-triangle..?

And most of all, what manner of role will Suzaku have? Will he become an enemy for Lelouch? That would certainly be interesting, but even though Suzaku might not agree on the methods Lelouch is using, they are still on the same side, and it would be somewhat unseemly for them to fight each others, thus wasting their powers.

Church
Sun, 11-05-2006, 12:17 PM
wow... I took a break from posting and it already has a huge debate? I'll read it later when I have time.
I didn't really expect Suzaku to follow Zero that easily, their thoughts are different, thus their actions are different, but they sort of desire the same goal; I guess the worse case scenario Lelouch would have to use his power on Suzaku. That, I think, would be the most interesting part, how is Lelouch going to use his power on Suzaku, his friend, and use it only once.
C.C. appeared at the very end, so I guess she's not dead from a headshot... this is going to be interesting.

Btw, what's their connection with Pizza Hut? are they the sponser or something? So far in every episode there's a PIzza Hut sign...

Board of Command
Sun, 11-05-2006, 07:49 PM
In the future, every pizza store will be Pizza Hut.

ryan92084
Mon, 11-06-2006, 10:53 AM

over my dead body.....the non delivering bastards

?igma
Mon, 11-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Better episode this one..at least ..I think :P

Yukimura
Tue, 11-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Yes! I knew she wasn't dead...hopefully Lelouch's powers will get formally explained at the least now.

Knives122
Tue, 11-07-2006, 11:17 AM

Nuh-uh, every restaurant will be a Taco Bell(at which point I'm committing suicide).

Finally decided to watch this ep. to see what all the hub-bub was about. And it's pretty good. I just don't see why that girl got shot in the head 15 min. in. But I'm guess she'll get back up and become some immortal zombie character or something. That or she'll act normally.

Kraco
Tue, 11-07-2006, 11:24 AM
An immortal zombie character certainly would be good and fitting for the series...

>_>

Knives122
Tue, 11-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Well I consider anything that comes back to life with out a good explanation a zombie....

Even thought the show is promising if they just bring her back it'll downgrade some of the quality(for me anyway). So unless they give the reason she's a zombie.

Honoko
Tue, 11-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Watched all four out so far. I'm hooked.

kooshi
Wed, 11-08-2006, 03:56 PM
I also watched the four episodes and it seems like an extremely interesting show. I just love how Lelouch's power has the one-time use restriction and that no matter how tactical he can be, he is still unable to account for people's thoughts and reactions (ie. giving the impression that he was going to kill everybody with the "poison gas" in the fourth episode).
Plus, the OP and ED songs rock! I've been listening to those two songs almost on repeat on my computer, haha.

Kraco
Wed, 11-08-2006, 04:04 PM
The end song is very similar to the one that served as an opening for Noir and Rozen Maiden. Hauntingly similar. A peculiar band.

Knives122
Wed, 11-08-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't like anything relating to Ali-Project, this'll probably be another song I don't bother to dl when it comes out(I did the same thing with .hack/roots' ending(which was also by ali-project)

Church
Wed, 11-08-2006, 06:30 PM
I don't really like Ali Project's songs either, they all sound the same; though I really liked Copperia's Cascket (Noir OP)
The OP by FLOW, on the other hand, is one of my favorites.

Munsu
Wed, 11-08-2006, 07:24 PM
The end song is very similar to the one that served as an opening for Noir and Rozen Maiden. Hauntingly similar. A peculiar band.
They pretty much always sound the same, you can always tell it's them... I usually remember them with their Avenger OP.

And the OP song from Code Geass sounds very similar to the first OP of Eureka seveN... I liked the E7 one more though.

High Wind
Wed, 11-08-2006, 09:01 PM
They pretty much always sound the same, you can always tell it's them... I usually remember them with their Avenger OP.

And the OP song from Code Geass sounds very similar to the first OP of Eureka seveN... I liked the E7 one more though.

Yeah I found that they sound similar, but the E7 opening had me sold because of the violin at the beginning. It sounds awesome.

Anyway, back to Code Geass.

The biggest question I have is about the green haired girl (I think some one mentioned her name was C.C. or something) since she was like the 3rd character to actually be seen in the anime. Right at the beginning of episode 1.

Church
Thu, 11-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Yeah, her name is C.C. not much of a name if you ask me... And she's much older than she looks. Hopefully we'll know a little more about her in the upcoming eps.

I like both E7 and Code Geass's OP; they are similar but also have their distinct differences.

Yukimura
Thu, 11-09-2006, 04:05 AM
From what I can tell it sounds like FLOW's instrumentals sample off old Black music from the 70's/80's (I can't think of the name for the genre but it's between soul and funk I guess). I was listening to a CD with the E7 OP by them and the guy I was with said it was the least annoying of all my Japanese music, which was pretty high praise from him since he's such a music buff.

Zati
Thu, 11-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Reposting!

Episode 5 - gg (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5bgg%5d_Code_Geass_05_%5bA4D7E75B%5d.mkv.torrent)

Yukimura
Fri, 11-17-2006, 10:49 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My Kira-Suzaku post was lost!!!!!!! That level of eloquence took me hours to get right! Anyway, Suzaku...Kira...lol.

Zati
Sun, 11-19-2006, 12:48 AM
Here it is just out!

Episode 6 - gg (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Code_Geass_06_%5B899A4839%5D.mkv.torrent)

Yukimura
Sun, 11-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Episode 06 v2 - gg (http://lesbianocracy.com:54321/torrents/fc4f7e1bd0f87aeb669b03a8d1357bb4f5bfd634.torrent)

Apparently the first version had some problems near the end with the preview or something.

Kraco
Sun, 11-19-2006, 05:40 AM
Zero's true indentity was revealed! And quite a shocking revelation it was!

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3982/zerostrueidentqz7.jpg

Darknodin
Sun, 11-19-2006, 03:44 PM
heh... he shoulda let that cat go. Yea, they could have found him more easily this way, but man, that would have been entertaining!

and, does anyone else think that this cat has an agenda?

Kraco
Sun, 11-19-2006, 04:09 PM
When the cat so purposefully marched into the room and then immediately found Zero's gear, I seriously began to think it was some cybernetically controlled spy cat.

But of course it was soon enough made evident this was a joke episode. And quite a good one, at that.

Church
Sun, 11-19-2006, 08:29 PM
I also thought it was too convenient too, but I guess it's just a random cat. It was a fun episode, the president abusing her powers and C.C. deciding if she should do something or not, I'm entertaining the idea of what if Lelouch had been exposed due to the cat; every careful planning undone by a stray cat.

Kraco
Tue, 11-28-2006, 08:34 AM
The most welcome news is that some competition appeared in the subbing market also for this show:

Episode 1 - Shinsen-Ureshii (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-Ureshii%5D_Code_Geass_-_01_%5BD9C1B8B9%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 2 - Shinsen-Ureshii (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-Ureshii%5D_Code_Geass_-_02_%5BF219600D%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 3 - Shinsen-Ureshii (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-Ureshii%5D_Code_Geass_-_03_%5B5BB3479D%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 4 - Shinsen-Ureshii (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-Ureshii%5D_Code_Geass_-_04_%5B926EBDEE%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 5 - Shinsen-Ureshii (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-Ureshii%5D_Code_Geass_-_05_%5BCE9872E6%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 6 - Shinsen-Ureshii (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-Ureshii%5D_Code_Geass_-_06_%5B5A6B49DE%5D.avi.torrent)
Episode 7 - Shinsen-Ureshii (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-Ureshii%5D_Code_Geass_-_07_%5B83718FB2%5D.avi.torrent)

animus
Tue, 11-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Very odd, I can't get the torrent to download for some odd reason.

Kraco
Tue, 11-28-2006, 10:19 AM
The tracker seems to be down. No doubt they will get it back online some time soon.

animus
Tue, 11-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Hm, got it from their irc. Anyways, I'm really liking this series. Lelouch is a very anti-hero archetype of character. And the whole premise seems very interesting. And how he's not a typical mobile suit series main character. I'm not sure if he'll ever pilot a knightmare permanently and kick some ass, or will he be the evil mastermind behind it all. Doesn't matter either way, as both seem to be interesting routes.

Board of Command
Tue, 11-28-2006, 10:42 AM
But these are 195 MB which isn't archive-friendly :( Unless they're immensely better than gg's subs I'm gonna keep theirs. Recoding entire series isn't very fun.

Kraco
Tue, 11-28-2006, 11:02 AM
An interesting episode. Again masterminding action. I think or almost hope Lelouch will stay that way: Directing other people masterfully to fight superior numbers. This episode was very important, though, in showing that no matter how nice strategies Lelouch can come up with, they will fall short if his men can't follow the orders, because of fear or inexperience.

It was also a nice last minute save in this episode!

Yukimura
Tue, 11-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Ah good, I was hoping Lelouch would run into a decent challenge soon. Even if his troops hadn't betrayed him it looked like a pretty hairy situation since Cornelia was planning ahead as well. C.C.'s intervention made it clear that she wants him to stay alive but I can't seem to remember what it was she wanted out of him...

And another thing...it seems like she's a schizophrenic or something, did anyone else pick up on that?

Kraco
Tue, 11-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah. I was also wondering what that was all about. But I guess a little schizophrenia can be expected if you suffer a headshot like she did in the first episode...

High Wind
Tue, 11-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Now that GG has some competition, I'd like to ask something. Which group are people going to follow? Which is basically another way of saying which sub is better from what we've seen so far?

Honoko
Wed, 11-29-2006, 12:06 AM
C.C.'s intervention made it clear that she wants him to stay alive but I can't seem to remember what it was she wanted out of him...
C.C. has yet to reveal what she wants. That's why you can't remember ;)

Munsu
Wed, 11-29-2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah. I was also wondering what that was all about. But I guess a little schizophrenia can be expected if you suffer a headshot like she did in the first episode...
Seems to me like she has multiple personalities. Looks like we'll see Lelouch make his own army in the next episode and train them. I hope he reveals who he is to someone in the next few episodes, hopefully Karen. I've never been a fan of characters keeping a secret identity, at least keeping it secret to his friends.

Kraco
Wed, 11-29-2006, 03:30 AM
Whilst I have nothing against characters keeping their indentities hidden, there are a couple of problems there that do make me agree with you to a certain extent: It will hamper any romances, and generally speaking I'd like every series to have one, and on the other hand it will be bothersome if difficulties, comedic or not, about keeping that secret are repeatedly used as parts of the plot in episodes. These haven't yet been any problems in this series, so I'm not worried quite yet. But time will tell what happens.

But logically speaking you are right about one thing: If Lelouch doesn't trust his future elite corps enough to reveal his identity, I don't think they will reach their full potential. Of course full potential may not be needed by his plans, but once again, time will tell.

Darknodin
Wed, 11-29-2006, 08:51 AM
mmm... In the end, this show, even though its more action oriented, really reminds me of Death Note... except now its evil cynical self righteous guy vs greater evil, instead of the good vs evil of death note... The line of sight thing also makes it similar in a way.

Darth Zin
Wed, 11-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Whilst I have nothing against characters keeping their indentities hidden, there are a couple of problems there that do make me agree with you to a certain extent: It will hamper any romances, and generally speaking I'd like every series to have one, and on the other hand it will be bothersome if difficulties, comedic or not, about keeping that secret are repeatedly used as parts of the plot in episodes. These haven't yet been any problems in this series, so I'm not worried quite yet. But time will tell what happens.

But logically speaking you are right about one thing: If Lelouch doesn't trust his future elite corps enough to reveal his identity, I don't think they will reach their full potential. Of course full potential may not be needed by his plans, but once again, time will tell.
i don't think Lelouch can show his face so easily to his corps, what happens if one of his corps gets captured and tortured to reveal Lelouch identity, he be ends meat by now. But a little prediction or u can say something that should eventually happen is, when Lelouch does reveal himself, there is going to be a shocked person for sure. ^_^ Plus i always dig romances in anime, top interesting gender on my list ;)

Zati
Wed, 11-29-2006, 12:52 PM
gg's version :

Episode 7 - gg (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Code_Geass_07_%5B1E687325%5D.mkv.torrent)

Hiwatari
Thu, 11-30-2006, 01:35 AM
Now that GG has some competition, I'd like to ask something. Which group are people going to follow? Which is basically another way of saying which sub is better from what we've seen so far?

I think i will be following Shinsen's even though their quality is slightly poorer than gg's...

I don't like MKV formats for one, and i think that by burning into avi formats it will allow me to play on my DivX player in my living room. Unless anyone knows how to convert MKV to Avi properly ( i used Virtualdubmod before but it's not 100% good for all conversions of MKV)

Comments anyone?

Zati
Thu, 11-30-2006, 02:52 AM
Wow nice! new episode by gg again already :

Episode 8 - gg (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Code_Geass_08_%5B2E8A69DD%5D.mkv.torrent)

Yukimura
Thu, 11-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Nice episode, it seems Lelouch plans to gain the support of the populace which shouldn't be all that hard since the Imperial Empire rules through absolutism and has no real moral code for people to contrast with what Zero is feeding them.

I actually watched the ep twice but I couldn't find a pizza hut logo anywhere other than the recap at the beginning. I did notice at least two things that looked like giant pizza's in odd places like on top of a building and on top of one of the yachts docked at the hotel, I guess that'll have to do...

Kraco
Thu, 11-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Aye, it was indeed interesting. I didn't actually predict that Zero would launch a publicity campaign, although he has shown in the past he likes some attention while in the Zero outfit. So, I guess it makes sense. Certainly he tries to establish himself as the highest moral authority in people's minds - helps to justify whatever nasty attacks he has planned against the Imperials.

Church
Fri, 12-01-2006, 12:42 AM
True, getting the people's backing is more important than becoming stronger. He certainly is gaining more power and attention, I wonder if it'll get to his head and corrupt him later on... Again, C.C. is talking to herself.

I'm going to stick with gg's fansubs, because they use "Geass" instead of "Geas" which just looks weird...

EDIT: aww, crap, recap ep... :(

Board of Command
Fri, 12-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Is CC talking to herself or does she have a telepathic connection with Lelouch, and is actually talking to him?

kooshi
Fri, 12-01-2006, 03:40 AM
From what I can tell, I think she's either talking to herself or doing some sort of telepathy to someone other than Lelouch. I just can't imagine her talking to Lelouch in that sense.

As for episode 8, it certainly was a big boost from the somewhat-odd episode 7 (well, the whole cat-helmet thing anyways). I really like all the thinking and mind games that the show has done since they are so simple that they can be easily overlooked.

Yukimura
Fri, 12-01-2006, 03:55 AM
Actually geas is probably what they meant when they created the engrish Geass.

A Geas (pronounced "GESCH") is a kind of magical obligation, prohibition, or taboo that a person may possess.
This is exactly what Lelouch's power does to people.

Note: by posess they mean that a person under the influence of a geas is said to
posesses it, like if you are cursed people might say you carry the curse of whatever.

Deadfire
Sat, 12-02-2006, 12:00 AM
This series is really interesting me after watching E7 it's nice to see some mecha action in other settings. It's also interesting to see how exactly Lelouch goes after his goal with everything like it is. Or maybe I'm just watching it because it reminds me of E7...either way I like it

Sakaki-
Sat, 12-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Actually geas is probably what they meant when they created the engrish Geass.

This is exactly what Lelouch's power does to people.

Note: by posess they mean that a person under the influence of a geas is said to
posesses it, like if you are cursed people might say you carry the curse of whatever.

Hello this is my current fav series.

I have to object here in my humble opinion fansubs and dvd subs should use the official romanisation and Sunrise officialy romanises it as Geass.
I'm following GG's release i checked Shinsens and it was not to my taste at all.
And shinsen seems to like to create drama and not finish their shows so i'll stay with GG wich is nicely styled, and it can easily be converted to avi if you really want to.

Anyways this series is something i have been sitting around now the last weeks waiting for the next release.
Every episode even the cat episode hade me under a spell of some sort i enjoy them very much.

Actually after watching so far i think theres some realism behind Lelouch actions considering what was done to him in the past and how he got mixed up in something he actually seems to have been waiting for a big part of his life. ^_^

Kraco
Sun, 12-03-2006, 04:14 AM
The dreaded recap ep is here. Much wailing and frustrated gritting of the teeth is now more appropriate than ever.

Episode 8.5 (recap) - gg (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5bgg%5d_Code_Geass_8.5_%5b91E0E783%5d.mkv.torrent )

Hiwatari
Sun, 12-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Hello this is my current fav series.

I have to object here in my humble opinion fansubs and dvd subs should use the official romanisation and Sunrise officialy romanises it as Geass.
I'm following GG's release i checked Shinsens and it was not to my taste at all.
And shinsen seems to like to create drama and not finish their shows so i'll stay with GG wich is nicely styled, and it can easily be converted to avi if you really want to.

Anyways this series is something i have been sitting around now the last weeks waiting for the next release.
Every episode even the cat episode hade me under a spell of some sort i enjoy them very much.

Actually after watching so far i think theres some realism behind Lelouch actions considering what was done to him in the past and how he got mixed up in something he actually seems to have been waiting for a big part of his life. ^_^

Is that true? I've tried using VideoHelp's tutorial of virtualdubmod to try to convert but to no avail. Mind if you share with us what tools you use to do so and maybe a short tutorial on how to do it? If its too irrelevant to this forum, you can email me @ chanziping@hotmail.com

thanks alot ya if you are really able to share with me some tricks and tips of MKV conversion to avi

Church
Sun, 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Nooooo it's the recap episode, it's only been 8 episodes! what is there to recap? Currently downloading now.

I'm still trying to figure out how to convert mkv to avi.

EDIT: wow, there was like 2 min of new footage at most, including the preview. At least the next episode looks more interesting.

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-03-2006, 05:36 PM
At least this recap episode isn't taking the place of a whole episode. The series is marked for 25 eps, that is 24 + recap.

Kraco
Mon, 12-11-2006, 10:26 AM
It's only so long you can go on without missing Pizza Hut:

Episode 9 - gg (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5bgg%5d_Code_Geass_09_%5bBD83E01F%5d.mkv.torrent)

Edit: It certainly was good to watch some Geass action again after two weeks. Not any extraordinary episode, but it did good job building reputation for the little Knighthood Lelouch founded, and in that sense was an essential episode. Also some background information about Karen (along with some good fanservice from her; she truly seems to be the fanservice queen of this series).

The scene of Karen being pissed off of Lelouch was certainly a very traditional element, but I think it works here fine. And you can't really say something like that was not to be expected. Karen isn't really that much different a person with a gun in hand or at school.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-11-2006, 02:14 PM
A nice development episode, though I didn't see a Pizza Hut logo...maybe C.C. saved up enough points for whatever she was trying to get. Jeremiah and Villetta swaping stories could get them a lead on Zero. Though it seems Villetta doesn't remember what Lelouch looks like.

The new op animation also showed some interesting new things, such as that Army Colonel teamed with Lelouch's Order, as well as that Red Knightmare from the preview.

animus
Mon, 12-11-2006, 05:21 PM
According to all the images in the new OP looks like Suzaku's gonna play like a Kira role. And it seems Lelouch isn't going to be in the front seat of the action it seems. And it looks like that girl with the glasses that's scared of the Eleven's has the hots for Euphie.

Church
Tue, 12-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Nice episode, certainly established more of Karen's character; this episode also makes it more interesting if people find out about Lelouch. But no pizza hut :(
The new OP looks more like something straight from Gundam, it's even got the scene of Euphie standing and Suzaku sitting, my first thought was eye catch with Lacus and Kira from GS

Next ep, C.C. in swimsuit! :D

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-12-2006, 01:38 AM
This episode fullfilled my Karen needs... err... Code Geass needs for the week.

The Reporter is also with the Black knights on the intro. Interesting.

Knives122
Tue, 12-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Next ep, C.C. in swimsuit! :D

What are you talking about Church? They already have C.C. in a swimsuit ;) :

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2455/ccmy1.jpg

Board of Command
Tue, 12-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Ermm....wow that was quick.

Knives122
Tue, 12-12-2006, 12:08 PM
It's from a magazine board.........and no not one of those.

Board of Command
Tue, 12-12-2006, 07:49 PM
So it's fan art or something like that?

Church
Wed, 12-13-2006, 12:15 AM
Though I figured they'd already have something like that already (I'd be surprised if they didn't), it's still a little startling to see it...

Knives122
Wed, 12-13-2006, 05:29 PM
No it's not porn, it was a promotion for a magazine(like how they would show pictures in magazines of gundam to promote that show), they just thought if they made her ass porno like people would watch or something....:
Promo pic (http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Code-Geass-Hangyaku-No-Lelouch/item98828/#)

?igma
Fri, 12-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Since my last post in this topic I've not been able to store any anime anymore, a tiny malfunction in my Powersupply killed 2/3 of my hardware, but Im finally catching up again. Also bought a new screen to treat myself on some dualscreen action after 2 weeks of going cold turkey(not drugs, just no pc :P).
I have to say that I like the heading of the show. Where I somewhat expected it to go in a direction where coldblooded murder wouldn't be much troubling for both sides, I now have to admit it has taken a path for the better. I haven't seen number 9 yet, but 8 was certainly interesting.

edit:

At first I also thought this would be a medium rating anime, but at the moment, I see people getting thrown off ledges and whatnot. Can anyone tell me what exactly the rating would be in Japan ? I mean, in Europe Teletubbies hardly gets a 6+ rating, I wonder what is normal there :P

edited for typo's and damn I make too many of those lately :E

Kraco
Sat, 12-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Well, it's about the time to have a look at the swimsuits, don't you think?

Episode 10 - gg (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Code_Geass_10_%5B10D27743%5D.mkv.torrent)

Edit: Damn, this was one badass episode. Somehow I always like theatrical elements like the "choice" Lelouch gave to his soldiers, after first getting them pretty much trapped and their backs against the wall. And another scene which really fits my tastes was how Lelouch seemingly alone yet full of confidence faced the British trio, but then at the last moment Karen jumps in out of nowhere with the new super Nightmare.

And of course I simply love how the battles and tactics are planned beforehand and then executed more or less succesfully. Like no doubt in the next episode Lelouch's archenemy Suzaku will save Cornelia, or at least somehow spoil Zero's elaborate plans.

Yukimura
Sat, 12-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Another excellent ep, I'm already salivating over the Guren Mk. II vs Lancelot battle that is sure to come. However from the preview it looked like C.C. will use some type of power on Suzaku, so who knows what may happen to him.

Board of Command
Sat, 12-16-2006, 08:04 PM
The Guren is a pretty badass machine. I LIKE!

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-16-2006, 08:18 PM
A very good episode indeed.
Karen's new Knightmare is incredible. But I wonder if Jeremiah really died. He was auto-ejected, but Villeta said he had died.

The reporter guy is already trying to enroll to the Order... a spy? or does he really intend to help Zero?

Church
Sat, 12-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Good episode; great planning on Zero's part as usual. That Guren MKII is an interesting mecha, the right arm is like a mini Genesis.

I'm curious as to what C.C. will give/do to Suzaku next ep.
And I doubt Jeremiah is dead, it just appears so to Villeta, given Sunrise's track record *cough*GS/D*cough*; heck, Clovis is probably still alive somehow too...

Darknodin
Sun, 12-17-2006, 01:20 AM
i've caught up... and i'm kinda happy i managed to wait to have more of this great show to watch back to back... last ep... damn! this is my favourite show right now (well... i still ahve several eps of Death Note to watch tho)...

kooshi
Sun, 12-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Certainly a kickass episode, especially with Karen's new toy. I'd hate to die by her right claw weapon (getting electrocuted or something like that to death has got to HURT). Don't know if Jeremiah is dead, but I feel bad for him frying like that; it wasn't a pretty sight to see (was cringing when I saw his face semi-melting with the blood starting to pour out).

Board of Command
Sun, 12-17-2006, 11:29 PM
I think the claw releases heat. It was like the radiation wave thing, but used on a suit.

Munsu
Mon, 12-25-2006, 08:30 AM
11:
http://ggkthx.org/torrents/[gg]_Code_Geass_11_[4DB9E961].mkv.torrent

Church
Mon, 12-25-2006, 01:11 PM
See, I told you he's not dead.
This episode certainly revealed a lot of new things and raised a few questions too, I really like the way it's going; and quite the convienent water drops, huh? ;)

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-25-2006, 05:51 PM
A really good episode.
Wonder what happened to Suzaku though.

And was Karen jealous when she saw Zero with CC?

Yukimura
Tue, 12-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Indeed a good ep, Karen looked quite jealous and I sensed a vicious catfight brewing. Once again Suzaku ruins everyone's plans but I realize now that he always gets punished in one way or another after ruining someone's day. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson soon and stop being such a flaming Kira.

Board of Command
Tue, 12-26-2006, 12:56 AM
So I assume CC's name is something along the lines of "Snow White"?

Knives122
Tue, 12-26-2006, 02:15 AM
I thought it was referring to the water falling, which could refer to a tear.

Which is like namida or something

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Dunno if this has been asked before.
But what version you prefer guys? The fan preferred names or the official ones?

You know..

Karen vs Kallen
Nanali vs Nunally
Rival vs Rivalz

I kinda prefer the fan ones... the official look... weird...

MFauli
Tue, 12-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Argh, when will SHS-Ureshi release episode 8?
I hate .mkv-files >_<

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-26-2006, 12:56 PM
if SHS stands for Shinsen Subs... in about 6 months.
They are one of the worst fansubbing groups. They stop releasing episodes for whole months, release one and stop once more.

Munsu
Tue, 12-26-2006, 02:51 PM
if SHS stands for Shinsen Subs... in about 6 months.
They are one of the worst fansubbing groups. They stop releasing episodes for whole months, release one and stop once more.

Please, that has nothing to do with making them one of the worst fansubbing groups. If you're going to characterize a group (like shinsen) as one of the worst, at least explain how they have piece of shit translations and editing.

Yukimura
Tue, 12-26-2006, 03:34 PM
@MFauli don't knock all the new, I used to avoid mkv's as well but now that I have CCCP I rarely even look at the type of file a release is encoded into.

As to the Shinsen Releases, my only beef with Shinsen is that they do too much and thus leave some series like CG cold for long periods of time. I haven't noticed that many editing mistakes with their releases like Bud but I don't look all that hard either.

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Please, that has nothing to do with making them one of the worst fansubbing groups. If you're going to characterize a group (like shinsen) as one of the worst, at least explain how they have piece of shit translations and editing.

And who mentioned anything about shit translations? Please don't put words in my mouth (or in my keyboard?)

I said they are one of the worst because they lack organization. They try to cover too many series and end doing nothing. They stopped subbing .hack//ROOTS halfway for example, but their page still states its an active project.

In Code Geass' case, they released 7 eps the same day, November 28, and haven't released anything afterwards. Most likely they will release another batch someday (or never).

If they can't handle a few series, why try to sub too many? They may have nice translations and everything, but having no organization makes them one of the worst fansub groups on my book. As in the group, not the translations.

I mean... like GG hasn't made horrible mistakes (like saying "Lelouch orders those of Britannia" instead of "Lelouch vi Britannia" on ep1). But they accept their errors and release regularly.

Munsu
Tue, 12-26-2006, 04:52 PM
@Yukimura: You don't have to look hard, at least I don't, to find the bunch of mistakes they do.

@RyougaZell: Please read what I posted carefully. I didn't put words in your mouth, I merely stated that the reason you posted for Shinsen being one of the worst fansubs was crap. I said that what makes them one of the worst is their translation and editing job.

But you seem to think that they have "nice translations", which couldn't be further from the truth, but whatever.

Anyways, this thread just went off-topic... No more comments on the matter. You merely misread and misunderstood my entire post.

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-29-2006, 09:41 AM
According to this link:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20061225/p2

the possibility of Code Geass being 50 eps long is posible, with a first season (current) ending on april and a second one beginning on fall (october most probably).

PS: I don't know japanese, someone translated for me. And then I rechecked with babel's semi translation, and the last paragraph does state the rumor.

Kraco
Mon, 01-08-2007, 09:33 AM
There are few things more worth waiting for right now:

Episode 12 - gg (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Code_Geass_12_%5B8DED9DD8%5D.mkv.torrent)

Edit: Quite an interesting episode. Corpses keep piling... Lelouch uses C.C. quite shamelessly for his plots. And why not; she's one of the few people who know his identity. Otherwise I doubt he would really want to risk harming her, even if she seems to be somewhat indestructible. But it made a good scene at the hideout of the old geezer.

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Creepy implied masturbation scene! I guess I can see what events brought about her affection for...her object of affection, but I can't help but find that very wrong in many, many ways.

Now we've got full-on love square, one formed of respect (Kallen), one of infatuation and sympathy (Shirley), and one just starting from their own personal intimacy (C.C.) [he knows her name, and they both use each other for their own plans a lot]. Lulu is becoming quite the lady-killer.

So the Empress (I'm guessing that's who she is) of Japan gave Zero the Guren Mk II, and some rival of the Lancelot creator developed it for them. Interesting. Maybe they'll develop countermeasures against the Radiation Wave or something like that. There are a lot of little details like that in this episode. It's hard to remember all of the ones they brought up.

NeoBear
Mon, 01-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Creepy implied masturbation scene! I guess I can see what events brought about her affection for...her object of affection, but I can't help but find that very wrong in many, many ways.

man no kidding i wasnt sure wtf i was looking at, im still not =/

Dark Dragon
Mon, 01-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Shirley father die in the landslide?

Yukimura
Mon, 01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Excellent episode, developments, developments, developments...I wonder if Lelouch will be able to stomach knowing he killed Shirley's father. From what we've seen he shouldn't care since the father was probably a loyal Britannian and thus probably repulsive to Lelouch, but we don't really know. And the glasses girls actions are way out in left field, but that doesn't mean they won't have significance later.

NeoBear
Mon, 01-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Excellent episode, developments, developments, developments...I wonder if Lelouch will be able to stomach knowing he killed Shirley's father. From what we've seen he shouldn't care since the father was probably a loyal Britannian and thus probably repulsive to Lelouch, but we don't really know. And the glasses girls actions are way out in left field, but that doesn't mean they won't have significance later.

i swear to you im not trying to be a smart ass i would love perhaps even pay dearly to know what significance her actions in this episode could have later. :rolleyes:

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Im thinking they made that scene to show how freaky that glasses girl is, and how obsessed she has become over the princess. It will probably lead to a situation where she will do something characteristically stupid and freaky because of this obsession in the near future. (eg raping the princess then commiting suicide, or killed by Suzaku) Kidding aside, did I mention I hope she dies soon? Oh I didnt. I hope she dies soon.

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, we could see Nina stalking Euphie or some other unpleasant twist. I don't see how the two of them would ever meet again, since the only time so far was pure coincidence, but we could see some repercussions of this incident later in the series. The writers have surprised me before a few times already, we'll just have to wait and see.

In any case, it just shows how deep the writers are willing to go to flesh out all the characters. Nina has never been anything more than a background character and a symbol of the racial tensions between the Britannians and Japanese. She has the attitude any weak member of an occupation has, she lacks the willpower and viciousness to oppress people different from her own, so she is deeply afraid of them. (There are also references to a past event that must have traumatized her). All the characters introduced in this series have been given some pretty decent development, not one of them (except Rival and a few of the Black Knights who never had names) has been completely relegated to the role of support/background character. Millay had the phone call about revitalizing her Family, Nina had the alluded traumatizing incident and this, Viletta the ongoing clues to Zero's identity, etc.

It may not seem to fit now, but it could be more significant than we realize.

NeoBear
Mon, 01-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Oh don’t get me wrong I totally agree I expect her to have a role to play and I expect it to be something tragic and uncharacteristic of her character. Perhaps she will go from being a timid little thing to a homicidal murder. I guess the example that comes to mind was the girl from the first season of Gundam Seed the one that Kira was sleeping with, she kind of went through the same thing. My big shock was the content and or nature of the scene it was just such a shock I would not have even know what it was unless Ryllharu had pointed it out. That scene could have played out 20 different ways with the lights on and both her hands on the table and had the same impact but im still impressed they had the balls to show something like that.

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Quite excellent episode.
The Kyoto girl will probably become a major character soon (we've seen her since ep1 thanks to the intro).
I didn't expect Shirley's dad dieing there. Was he living on the city or was he a soldier? Either way... I didn't like the last scene... was it a kissing scene?
Karen is becoming my favorite female character of this show. I hope she lears Zero's identity soon.
I hate Nina. I seriously do. I haven't hated an anime character since... ever. I hope Karen kills her. I don't see Lelouch doing it, neither Suzaku (he's a wuss that talks big about justice, but sold himself to the enemy. His father dissapointed face on his vision is priceless). Really... I've never disliked a character like I dislike her. I hope they kill her soon.
Need ep 13...
BTW... wasn't ep 12 supposed to have a new intro?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-08-2007, 11:18 PM
I agree Karen is great, but I love C.C. way more. Im also kind of pissed Lelouch kissed Shirley in the end. I know its probably because he was shocked and filled with guilt, but what he did is only going to complicate matters with shirley in the future. (not to mention with the two other girls interested in him.)

Still, it was a great development that added a bit more tragedy to the story, as well as humanity on the part of lelouch. Im just loving this series with every episode. If they dont screw it up somewhere, I think this may even become my fave anime series. (which is fairly impressive considering Ive watched around 450 anime titles)

edit : I wonder how karen wil react when she finds out Zero is Lelouch. Will she like him more or lose interest completely? Hmm...

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-08-2007, 11:29 PM
I do like CC (and her infatuation with Pizza Hut (which made a triumphant comeback this ep) ) but I like Karen more. My current wallpaper is her actually (http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wallpapers/Code-Geass-Hangyaku-No-Lelouch/item46579/).

Karen's reaction towards Zero's identity is something im looking forward too. She'll be shocked since she thinks Lelouch is a normal bastard britannian (hotdog man, remember?)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/kickinarchive/wordpress/moerryx/09_comiket_iii/000.jpg

Church
Mon, 01-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I don't really mind they kiss and I don't think Lulu will have a problem with killing Shirley's father, he'll probably come up with some excuse to lie to himself. I am more for C.C., and I'm still interested by who she is talking to (and who is that weird guy with the visor in the next scene?); anyone should've seen it from a mile away it was C.C. in zero's outfit, but it was really well executed IMO.

And Nina is just... creepy... I wouldn't have guessed what it was if I hadn't heard it before I watched it...

Kraco
Tue, 01-09-2007, 03:57 AM
I didn't realise they were kissing. I thought they were just hugging: Lelouch comforting Shirley. But now that I watched the scene again, it's totally obvious. Hmm... Well, Shirley should have been in a pretty witless state, so who knows, Lelouch might be able to avert responsibility once he decides he can't leave the rebellion. Since he was so shocked about the dead of Shirley's dad, that should only bolster his wish to keep Zero's business apart from his cover business (being a student and all that jazz), and having a gullible, innocent girlfriend wouldn't help, I think. Could be hard to explain where he's disappearing all the time.

Everon
Tue, 01-09-2007, 04:13 AM
I noticed a lot of people are creeped out by Nina. To me, she's just another facet of people in the world. Nina's misunderstanding generates irrational fears. They've hinted that she's suffered some kind of trauma in her past. Her lesbian feelings might be a result of emotional scarring (some kind of brutality?). I'm sure we'll see her sidestory soon.

But back to ep12, we finally get to see Lulu's reflection over his actions. Now that one more of his Britainian friends hates Zero, is he beginning to see the cycle of hate? It brings me to my next question: would Lulu kill his own friend to obtain his goal?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Im not creeped out by Nina, I just hate her. I agree with your analysis on how she represents another facet of people in the world. I hate that facet. I hope she doesnt have a sidestory, or if she does, she should die soon after it finishes (hopefully in like 10 sec, including the backstory)

I hope Lelouch is not willing to kill his friends to obtain his goal (at least his close friends) since that would be like how Light in Death Note turned out. Its going to be too similar, and I really dont like people who would sacrifice their friends. But if it came down to a choice between his sister and a friend, I guess everyone knows how its going to turn out.

On another note, it seems that all the girls are starting to like Lelouch, but only the Zero side of him. Karen kind of idolizes Zero and his skill, Shirley said she started to like Lelouch because of how he ignored a small incident from before (since he has bigger plans as Zero) and she was enthralled at the mystery of his thoughts, and C.C. just likes being needed, again by Zero in his plans. None of them really know or care about the side of Lelouch that cares deeply about his sister (what I believe to be his best trait), or his tragic past (which they dont know about).

This brings me to the question, if Lelouch never thought about revenge or about becoming Zero, would any of the girls still have interest in him? or will the boring Suzaku take the prize?

Ryllharu
Tue, 01-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Everyone on the Student Counsel knows how much Lulu loves Nunnaly. The two of them live in that building. Millay has apparently been around the two of them even longer than the others, because her family was the one to take them in. Karen is definitely in love with Zero, but Shirley loves Lulu as he was before he ever got the powers that let him adopt the Zero persona. He acted like he does as Zero before, playing chess to humiliate nobels, planning a grand scheme that would take forever. C.C.'s intervention and granting him the Geas just accelerated his plans. He says as much in one of the episodes, and C.C. was impressed by that.

C.C. is the only person who really knows every side of Lelouch. She listens to his ambitions, takes part in his plans as Zero, witnesses first hand how he cares for Nunnaly. C.C. (if she likes him at all) likes Lulu as he really is.

Without the Geas, Shirley would still want to be with Lulu, Karen wouldn't care if he existed (or be dead), C.C. would be back in captivity, and Suzaku would still be boring (or dead).

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-09-2007, 09:19 AM
What I meant was that Lelouch would have been a completely different person if he had never thought about revenge.(becoming zero is a part of it) I should have said cared only on the part about his concern for Nunnaly (I just realized everyone does know). Thats because the 3 girls like Lelouch for specific reasons, which they either said or are obvious. Shirley mentioned in an episode specifically why she likes Lelouch, and the characteristic that she mentioned is part of the Lelouch who vowed for revenge, who cared about few else, that is why I said she fell in love with the Zero side of Lulu.

C.C. so far has shown no interest in Lelouch himself, except when he expressed his need for her on eps 11 and 12. I interpret this is the reason she has started developing feelings for him. It doesnt matter that she knows about all his sides. What I meant by Zero isnt just the masked persona he dons, but rather the Lelouch who is bent on revenge. I never said anything about never having geass, since it wasnt geass that changed Lelouch as a person, but his desire for revenge since long ago. The chess playing, grand scheming lelouch was born from this.

And C.C. definitely likes lulu, or at least has started to like him. It is obvious with the slight change in her demeanor towards lulu.

Other than that, I think Shirley would treat lulu just as another classmate since without his vengeance plot he would be much less mysterious, Karen wouldnt care if he existed, C.C. (if she still chose Lelouch and gave him geass) wont get the chance to be needed, and simply use lulu and be over with it. Suzaku would still be boring, and so would Lelouch.

I am of course basing my image of the non revenge seeking Lelouch from how he acts with Nunnaly. I assume since he doesnt want her to be involved, he tries to act as he did even before the tragedy that befell them (the kind Onii-san Lulu).

Kraco
Tue, 01-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Non-revenge seeking Lelouch would have lived happily in his father's court, would have been sent in time to conquer countries or supress rebellions and then he would have supervised whatever numbers somewhere around the world. But likely he would have never ventured into Japan, since Japan was overseen by Clovis.

So, chances are he would have never even met any of the girls who now are eyeing him.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-09-2007, 09:00 PM
I meant that even if everything that happened happened, and he just chose not to get revenge on his father, and stayed the way he was before the incident.

Anyway, how good a pilot is lelouch? so far, he doesnt seem to suck, and the times he was badly beaten up was because he fought with lanbcelot. if he was the one who piloted the Guren, would he perform better than Karen? Lelouch mentioned that Karen is the Ace, is that because of she trumps him in actual skill, or he thinks that he would be of much more use leading the forces and be free to use geass?

Church
Tue, 01-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Lelouch probably would do well in the Guren too, but he'd want to be free to act independently at times and lead at others; it doesn't help if he can only beat up a few units here and there with the Guren while the rest of the knights are in chaos without a full time leader. That's how I look at it.

Ryllharu
Tue, 01-09-2007, 09:34 PM
If he didn't start on the path of revenge, like Kraco said, he'd still be in his father's court. There's nothing else about it. He was given to Japan with Nunnaly as a hostage to Suzaku's family while Britannia and Japan negotiated over the mines and other things. Later, Britannia simply invaded. Without revenge, he probably would have just gone back to Britannia or stayed on as a Governor. He threw away his family name and went to school in Japan because the vow of revenge for his mother's unnecessary death.

Lulu is decent as a pilot. He's not bad, but he is far from a great pilot. He is well aware of this, and stays towards the mid-back of combat to lead. Karen, Suzaku, Cornelia, and the Japanese Liberation Front sergeant are the ace pilots of this series, by a considerable margin. Doesn't hurt that the four of them have the most advanced Knightmares either.

masamuneehs
Tue, 01-09-2007, 09:56 PM
wow. i just watched the first episode and. w-o-w. just fucking awesome. I like shows that don't put on too many airs and deal with guns and war like they mean something. The character designs aren't quite what I like, but for CLAMP I suppose I couldn't expect much different. And the animation certainly seems 1st class too.

I knew I'd like this show when the Athrun-type character (main character's friend in the military) got shot down cold. And when the kid told the guys to kill themselves, and they did it, man, it just cemented the deal.

now i have to catch up with the rest of yall. =0

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Do what I did masa.
I watched 8 eps in a row :D

masamuneehs
Wed, 01-10-2007, 12:19 AM
something occured to me when I rewatched episode 1 now with my sis (she doesn't like it, but well, her taste has always been similar to suckage...)

They call it Britannia, but it's got to be the USA, right? I mean, the word Britannia was even superimposed over a map of the US! and then I remembered seeing concrete evidence that "Britannia" is actually just the US in disguise!

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/793/pizzahutconspiracyzk2.jpg

yes, Pizza Hut is the bastards who will oppress mankind in the future! we must destroy them now or there will be no hope!

We discussed this with some of the brightest minds in Gotwoot IRC (sorry if this has been discussed, i'm not reading through the whole thread to spoil the upcoming 11 episodes):

[04:57:02] <Kirai> Fucking Japan...
[04:57:12] * Kirai is watching Suicide Circle
[04:57:17] <masamuneehs> no kirai, fuck Britannia
[04:57:23] * masamuneehs is watching Code Geass
[04:58:07] <%DS> i heard something like, code geass is basically gundam seed with a higher body count
[04:58:08] <%DS> or something
[04:58:10] <%DS> ?
[04:58:14] <Kirai> it is awesome?
[04:58:20] <masamuneehs> so, can someone explain to me why it's called "britannia", but every map shows it's actually the USA?
[04:58:42] <masamuneehs> there's even a Pizza Hut billboard in the first episode, it's so obviously america
[04:59:06] <Kirai> YEah, because we don't have Pizza Hut in England :P
[04:59:15] <%DS> maybe history took a different turn
[04:59:17] <masamuneehs> and, from the one episode i've seen, yes, it's awesome. and it is a mecha with bish pilots and a "steal the enemy secret weapon" in the first episode
[04:59:33] <%DS> maybe uk colonised the us mainland
[04:59:48] <Kirai> It's probably some moon-fudge, based on America having been a part of the British Empire at one point...
[05:00:10] <masamuneehs> Kirai are you and the British taking responsibility for Pizza Hut? Cuz lord knows i don't need another reason to dislike the british
[05:00:11] * Ciber Quit (Broken pipe)
[05:00:43] <Kirai> I dunno who invented Pizza Hut, but we have them here... Overpriced shit...
[05:01:05] <Kirai> Based in Dallas, Tx
[05:01:17] <masamuneehs> i think it's that the japanese creators don't want to make a direct political statement like "In the future the US will impose a military world government and Cfuck the entire world"
[05:01:50] <masamuneehs> the Pizza Hut logo is a dead give away
[05:02:53] <masamuneehs> oh, and they might have called it Britannia so CLAMP could dress all the anorexic bishies in foppish Victorian-esque regalia, which seems to be the rage in anime these days
[05:03:04] <Kirai> Pizza hut is a militaristic world governement?
[05:03:28] <masamuneehs> you know Kirai, you just might be onto something...
[05:03:42] <Kirai> I like some degree of victoriana... but there are limits
[05:05:13] <Kirai> Of course, a bishie in England would probably be called a faggot, beaten up, and thrown off a bridge by Chavs
[05:05:28] <masamuneehs> they'd call him a 'bundle of sticks' ?
[05:05:39] <Kirai> Yes, yes they would
[05:05:51] <Kirai> Or a strange meat-thing
[05:06:14] <Kirai> a British pork meatball: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_%28food%29

Do what I did masa.
I watched 8 eps in a row :D

i intend to. will catch up asap.

Death13a
Wed, 01-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Well let me give you a spoiler: you will see much more Pizza Hut. I am guessing that Pizza Hut paying for commercial in anime

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-10-2007, 01:54 AM
I dont think not planning revenge would mean being able to join up with the people who killed your mother. Its unlikely that Lelouch, even if he thought that revenge would be pointless and gave up on the idea, will come back to Britannia because of what he and Nunally suffered.

That Pizza Hut thing is interesting though. Why does the logo appear on almost every episode anyway? Is it some kind of paid endorsement? Usually in anime, they have to change the brand names slightly to avoid legal trouble, but Pizza Hut just keeps popping up.

Everon
Wed, 01-10-2007, 03:01 AM
The Britannians obviously decided to absorb specific cultural elements from each nation they conquered. From America they took Pizza Hut for its obvious delicousness and from Japan they took thier spoken language.

Church
Wed, 01-10-2007, 03:22 AM
Britannia, or at least the king, also dislikes and are at odds with the Chinese Federation, who sounds undoubtably communistic. I'd like to see how the Chinese are shown and what they do, if they take part in the story.

IIRC pizza hut didn't appear in the Narita episodes... but I might have been blinded by the awesomeness of the episodes :D

I might have missed it, but anyone know how long this series is? 24-26 ep-ish?

Kraco
Wed, 01-10-2007, 03:59 AM
I got the impression the USA was one of the first places Britannia conquered. Or perhaps the USA of the Code Geass world never won its independence from the UK, or it didn't last for long. And the USA never had royals, obviously, so thinking it might be the origin of the royals in the series is somewhat far fetched, in addition to all the other evidence that pretty much points to Britain.

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Britannia, or at least the king, also dislikes and are at odds with the Chinese Federation, who sounds undoubtably communistic. I'd like to see how the Chinese are shown and what they do, if they take part in the story.

IIRC pizza hut didn't appear in the Narita episodes... but I might have been blinded by the awesomeness of the episodes :D

I might have missed it, but anyone know how long this series is? 24-26 ep-ish?

25 episodes including the recap ep 8.5

Although there is a strong rumor on japanese sites that Code Geass will get a 2nd season next october.

I wanna eat Pizza Hut now... screw Dominos Pizza and Caesars Pizza

KRACO:

Hmmm... dunno how they got conquered or anything... but I see Mexico, Canada and several latinamerican countries being part of Britannia and not a numbered area in the map they show every episode.

Deadfire
Wed, 01-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Hmmm... dunno how they got conquered or anything... but I see Mexico, Canada and several latinamerican countries being part of Britannia and not a numbered area in the map they show every episode.

I think of Britannia as what would happen if the Brits never lost any of it's commonwealth countries. Then just grew from there, destroying the other European powers.

I'm loving this series although I really wish to know what will happen now that other interests of Lulu's life is merging and fighting with his other life.

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Well, if you watched next episodes preview then we will be getting some of those answers sooner that we thought. (about Lelouch's inner combat)

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Just a thought.
Lelouch and Shirley kissed in the rain. They were drenched, and obviously have to get shelter and change somewhere. Where? Probably some room in the school since he cant just leave Shirley alone in that state (and C.C. is in Lelouchs room, and Shirleys room is probably a no go with the death of her dad and all). What do two emotionally unstable and confused people do in that situation? Logically, it would be the continuation of the kiss (you know what I mean).
It is possible.
But I hope it doesnt happen.

Church
Wed, 01-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Knowing Sunrise it might very well will... look at Seed for instance, BAM! out of nowhere they show Kira and Fray, and Code Geass already has Nina's... ummm... "exercise" scene...

O yeah, Costco pizza > Pizza hut for price/size/taste ratio...

kooshi
Wed, 01-10-2007, 11:47 PM
OR...... they could just skip to the next day entirely with nothing else happening. But then again, I don't know Sunrise's style or whatever. I still don't like how easily Lelouch kissed Shirley.

And yes, Costco pizza > Pizza Hut. Definitely one of the most underrated pizzas out there. Heck, I think it's the best pizza (so damn huge for one freakin slice, haha).

hitokiriender
Thu, 01-11-2007, 12:45 AM
I forget where I read this, maybe from wikipedia, but I will summorize what I remember.

Its a alternate dimension based on the fact that the United States never declared independence from England. So through the American Colonies, England took over all of North America, and probably most if not all, of South America, creating the Britannian Empire.

(Then obviously, Pizza Hut took over the Britannian Empire by bribing the fat Emperor with many, many pizzas thus controlling the world!!)

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-11-2007, 06:53 AM
How much does a pizza from Pizza Hut cost? How about a Costco one?

They will probably skip to the next day. I just hope Lelouch doesnt do any more things he will regret so soon. Tomorrow the raw is gonna be out! I cant wait for ep 13!!

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-11-2007, 02:05 PM
well caught up. sorry about repeating the whole Pizza Hut thing.

and yeah, the setting for this story seems to be an alternate time-line where Britain never lost its power. 89th King, "the colony America" aiding the British after Trafalgar (1805) and the fact that the "history" learned at the university is all British. Guess it makes the American foreign policy today look like Mother Teresa....

I must say, Jeremiah reminds me alot of Jerid from Zeta Gundam. The guy can't win, but he can't die either. Even though he made the "Dead List" in 12... Oh, and that was a real shock about Shirley's dad. I had no idea he was even involved with the military...

And then the kiss. Man what a crummy way to start things off, a kiss out of sympathy (least that's what i think it was)

I love how smart Lelouch is. His plans and quick thinking are always really intriguing, keeps me interested and reminds me some of the mind-games in Death Note. But, for all his brains, he never seems to account for the Lancelot in his battle plans. And it's not like he's unfamilar with it either, he's seen it twice before Narita. Someone on IRC suggested he thought the Guren was capable of matching it, but he kept acting like the Guren's role was defeat Cornellia's guard and breakthrough the forces instead... He couldn't have counted on Toudou coming and aiding him, and Viletta and Gilford were covering Cornelia's escape. I don't know, it just doesn't seem to make sense... He's just lucky C.C. was there to save his ass.

finally, the smartest thing i heard yet from the Britannia Empire comes from a no-name speaker during the start of episode 12. "Subways, sewers, census of the ghettos weren't accounted for. We're neglecting the roots of the terrorists!" They never show the guy even, but, if Cornelia has a brain, she'll promote him and act on his words.

this show is fucking awesome... except for the ugly lesbo glasses girl masturbating scene. Hentai with her in it would make my penis shrivel... and she's annoying to boot... I want that bitch dead asap.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Just watched ep 13. Lots of new developments. I really didnt expect it too develop this quickly.

Im not gonna say anymore since it might spoil those who havent watched it yet.

EDIT: Regarding Lelouch not taking note of the Lancelot interfering, I think that just shows that he is still human, compared to Light in death note, who is more like a cpu. It is not that he forgets to put it in his calculations, but maybe he just thinks that (before the Guren) a machine of that calibre has the potential to completely mess with the plans he has setup.

Maybe he is just in denial, always hoping that the unknown factor will not interfere, since he cant really do much to stop it. Honestly, its just Suzakus idiocy that has allowed the black knights to survive this long. Well, now that the Guren is available, the situation should change.

Edited out spoilers, you may add them back when the sub is out. Please do not spoil until there is a sub of the ep in question. This is the same as referring to a event that has happened in the manga that wasn't happened in the anime. Of course I have to give you a warning as it would not be fair to others if I didn't. Please remember this before you post talking about the RAW -MOD

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-12-2007, 10:54 AM
And tell me... why must you post your impressions BASED ON A RAW!!

Ep 13 hasn't been subbed. Thanks for spoiling.

It has been fixed -MOD

Ryllharu
Fri, 01-12-2007, 11:43 AM
@shinta|hikari: Do Not discuss raw episodes. It is in violation of the rules of this forum.
See: http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=13928

I've already reported your post.

It has already been dealt with before you reported, but thanks for following the new rules - MOD

Knives122
Fri, 01-12-2007, 11:45 AM
I won't talk about the episode seeing how I haven't watched it yet, but I have decided to post the new op. on my youtube account.

The only part of this song that works is the chorus... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=094w-pL0DV0)

Deadfire
Fri, 01-12-2007, 11:49 AM
*sigh*

Things have been dealt with, let us continue as if it didn't happen.

and yes that new op is.....odd

Ryllharu
Fri, 01-12-2007, 11:51 AM
I'd like to see the lyrics before I make a final opinion on it (as if that might make a difference), but...it's pretty bad.

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I saw the new op on a HQ avi earlier today. I prefer COLORS.

Yukimura
Fri, 01-12-2007, 04:21 PM
This new OP sounds like Jinn's handiwork, they did the last OP for Blood+ as well if anyone cares. Anyway their style of semi-structured yelling doesn't really work for me, I hope the producers didn't pay much for this. They obviously didn't have enough cash to make a whole new OP sequence and the new song doesn't fit with the old scenes at all like Colors did.

Ryllharu
Fri, 01-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Watching the OP that Knives so nicely posted for all of us to watch, I feel the bigger problem is that they are reusing a lot of the same animation they have for the last two opening animations. It worked before because Colors was still the song, and when they re-did it the first time, it was made to fit the music pretty well (I still think the first animation was the best). Here, they replaced maybe 15 seconds of the animation (Euphie dancing, Viletta, some other people). If they had made all new animation for the new song, it probably wouldn't feel so...wrong.

Church
Fri, 01-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I saw the new OP, without sound, and if no one had told me I would've assumed it was still COLORS...

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Sorry about posting about the raw, its not an excuse but I really didnt know it was against the rules. To be fair, the stuff that I posted werent really major plot elements, and more like just random impressions from the episode, (well one was, but it was really quite vague). Still, it wont happen again.

The ending song is better I believe, though it kind of feels... too happy for code geass, especially at this point. I feel there should be a lot of better choices for the opening. I never did like COLORS either, but I believe the precious ending song fit perfectly. I never usually like the style of the artist of .hack songs, but there it just seemed... right.

Maybe im just being too picky since code geass is just too good.

Kraco
Sun, 01-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Let's have a look at what was worth it to even break the rules:

Episode 13 - gg (http://fhdistro.net/torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Code_Geass_13_%5B0C9D5FAA%5D.mkv.torrent)

Edit: The new OP certainly is far inferior compared to the old one. Well, I guess I just need to start skipping it. Not such a big deal. The episode itself was of course interesting. It looks like the death of Shirley's dad didn't break Lelouch, more like pushed him farther into the darkness by forcing him to admit on a deeper level how sacrifices are needed. Who knows if it also made him more suicidal by reducing his own worth in his own eyes.

Nevertheless, for Masa's pleasure, Lelouch still doesn't realise how imperative it is to count for Lancelot to ruin his plans. Now he's even screaming that injustice aloud. Well, at least it looks like a new person joined the exclusive club knowing Zero's true identity. It'll be an interesting next episode; whether Lelouch uses geass on Shirley or not to make her forget.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5858/luluetccsp8.jpg
Somehow I wish this had proceeded to a different direction... But at least Pizza Hut is back!

RyougaZell
Sun, 01-14-2007, 12:20 PM
LOL. CC finally got her plushie by gathering Pizza Hut Stamps.

The op certainly isn't as powerful as COLORS, but the lyric isn't that bad. Although they should have made new animation completely.

I was kinda expecting Shirley to die crushed by the escape pod, but now she nows Zero's identity!! Will that make Lelouch abandon school? Kill her? Geass's her?

Damn... I thought Karen would see his face...

Sacrificing the others was cold blooded, and only the Britannian reporter figured it out.

Need more eps per week... lol.

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-14-2007, 01:17 PM
The reporter is pretty interesting. He's crafty and smart for figuring out Zero's plan. He told "orange-kun" much earlier that he had no interest to work in the military. Here he shows he doesn't have much interest in working with Zero so much as figuring out how he ticks and selling the biggest story he can on it. If I was Lulu, I'd watch out for hidden cameras.

C.C. and her Cheese-kun plushie (named on the back of her stamp piece in eps 12). Was she really after all that pizza, or did she only want Cheese-kun? She hadn't eaten a lot of her pizza in that episode...makes you wonder.

I'm willing to bet more than anything Shirley is going to get a good dose of Geas (going with the proper spelling). Hurt by Zero, betrayed by Lulu for being Zero, she's going to be a big liability otherwise.

If there's anything I hate more than cliffhangers in series like this, it's pacifists. Suzaku is really starting to piss me off. I'm glad both Llyod and Cecile have tried to get it into his head, he's part of the military, this is just what they do. You've got one of the most powerful Knightmares ever, and what do you do with it? Sit in it and whine about how killing is wrong while being part of a huge military. This series is great that it promotes both Lulu's Path of Carnage versus Suzaku and Euphie's Mahou Shoujo Pacifist Healing Wand approach. It's pretty obvious who I side with. Innocents or otherwise good people will be killed in war, it just happens. But just with what Lulu justifies himself with, What do you become when their lives were lost for nothing? A murderer instead of a freedom fighter. History after all, is written by the victor.

Letting the deaths of innocents be for nothing is as bad as killing them in the first place.

Kraco
Sun, 01-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah. Suzaku would be better as a policeman. They only need to fight criminals. The military might need to fight or destroy whoever they happen to be ordered to fight against.

There's no denying Suzaku is an excellent pilot, but he's still not suitable for the job of a member of an oppressive rebel suppression squad.

Church
Sun, 01-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah, Suzaku is really starting to annoy me, almost hating him. Even Kira is better than him Llyod and Cecile is awesome as usual, they're probably one of my favorite pairs, they complement each other so well; Llyod actually has a good sense of humor.

Wonder where C.C. is going, and still wondering about the weird guy with the visor, is that who C.C. is "talking" to?

I was almost afraid Lulu/Zero would regret things and start to change, but I guess, like mentioned before, it just made things worse. I like how he set it up to look like the Liberation Front self-destructed, and used it as an excuse/shield to attack; but Lancelot has to come and ruin everything. So Shirley knows now, I don't think it's long before Karen knows too, maybe even the start of the next ep, Karen comes to rescue and finds the two of them...

Yukimura
Sun, 01-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Gah, every episode makes me want the next one more. Suzaku's whiny Kira complex is almost making me appreciate Kira more for not being this much of a pansy.

I'm thinking Shirley might not find out about Lelouch since he'll probably wake up and Geas/Intimidate her before she can pull down that mask. Villietta will be a different problem since she's trained military and not Geasable. Maybe that's what the Geass vs Geass title means.

Church
Sun, 01-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah, Kira at least decides to do something, even if it's just blowing the arms/legs/etc off, Sukzaku on the other hand sits around looking confused, and regrets just about everything he does...

Next ep will definately be an interesting one...

O, and don't know if anyone's seen this, but I found it pretty amusing
http://www.pizzahut.jp/whatsnew/041_070109_codegeass/

kooshi
Sun, 01-14-2007, 06:26 PM
The new OP is quite disappointing. I don't mind the song, but it's pretty much the first OP with a new song. I was really hoping for something completely new, but bleh, what a disappointment.

I certainly like how Lelouch continues his "path of carnage", especially after realizing he is responsible for all the killings that he and his group has done. Sacrificing the people in the boat just as a decoy is really low, but it's the outcome that really matters.... well, to him anyways.

As in agreement with everyone else here, Suzaku is EXTREMELY annoying. Heck, he whines so much about how Zero causes so much pain and suffering, but when he saw him eject from the mecha, he didn't even finish him off! WHAT THE HECK?! Sure, Karen was going after him, but while fighting her, Suzaku can just easily run towards the cockpit and crush it or something. I dunno, I'm just really annoyed by him, so my thinking might not be rational.

Kraco
Sun, 01-14-2007, 06:39 PM
As in agreement with everyone else here, Suzaku is EXTREMELY annoying. Heck, he whines so much about how Zero causes so much pain and suffering, but when he saw him eject from the mecha, he didn't even finish him off! WHAT THE HECK?! Sure, Karen was going after him, but while fighting her, Suzaku can just easily run towards the cockpit and crush it or something. I dunno, I'm just really annoyed by him, so my thinking might not be rational.

I think you are contradicting yourself a bit. If he has troubles accepting violence, it does not make him more likely to finish off his enemies in any hurry. It would seem more likely he would try to capture them alive after rendering them unable to fight.

If he really tried to kill Zero the first chance he gets in foaming fury, then he would be nothing but a hypocrite.

High Wind
Sun, 01-14-2007, 07:02 PM
I think Suzaku is already a hypocrite to an extent. During this episode he was in a mission to not leave any survivors. While he expressed his discontent with this, he seemed ready to follow those orders and this sorta goes against the whole "pacifist" thing.

Also, it seems like a vast majority of people do not like Nina the Euphemia Obssesed creepy girl, myself included.

It'd be cool if she started posing a threat to Euphemia and the whole thing ended up with Suzaku killing her to protect Euphemia. Oh how fitting that would be.

kooshi
Sun, 01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Hehe, like I said in that post, my thinking might not be rational, which you just showed me.

Board of Command
Sun, 01-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Ep 13 was a can of whoop ass.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-15-2007, 03:21 AM
I dont think what Lelouch did was low at all. The rebels would have died either way, and as he said, if the black knights had appeared earlier, it would only end up in both of them (black knights and Japanese rebels) being defeated. It was just the best and most effective plan in that situation, and in a sense may have reduced overall casualties in the end if his plan of killing Cornelia succeeded.

Following this line of thought, Suzaku is actually increasing the body count each time he interferes with Lelouchs plans, since this only leads to more battles. If he really wanted to end it, he should have killed Zero ages ago. Its quite obvious now that Lelouch isnt that great of a pilot, which makes one wonder how he has survived numerous battles with the lancelot, each lasting usually more than a minute. The lancelot usually takes up like 3 seconds to kill a knightmare.

Kraco
Mon, 01-15-2007, 04:29 AM
Ho... That's quite peculiar thinking. Sounds like the line of thought of a totalitarian general or the dictator himself: "If some group is going to die with high probability, it's all the same if I kill 'em all myself." I don't think it quite works that way. Lelouch used killing a whole bunch of people basically as a diversion, because Cornelia wasn't really expecting that. This was probably the lowest deed he has done. Still, it kind of suits him. Let's hope it's not his downfall, if the truth gets revealed at some point.

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-15-2007, 07:11 AM
Keep in my that Lelouch is not trying to kill Cornelia. He wants her alive. She's the one who went all suicidal at Narita when he actually had her completely cornered. Here, he expressed that he was going to force her to come with him alive.

He still has to ask her a few things.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Oh, thats right. He still does have business with Cornelia. That saves me from hating Shirley for being there, since even if she wasnt, Cornelia wouldnt have been captured anyway, since the Lancelot came in about 4.5 seconds.

I dont think its a mere diversion though, since a lot of the enemy knightmares were actually wiped out in the blast. Also, it served as a surprise attack starter. Without it, he wouldnt really have a chance to confront Cornelia again. Still, it depends on the person on what is low or what isnt anyway. I must admit I really like Lelouch because of this side of him. I am sickand tired of hypocrites babbling about justice and being correct and all that dreamy sissy stuff.

darkshadow
Mon, 01-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Good ep, goddamn lancelot is pissing me off though, acting like kira from seed, the bitch should die, anyway, what lelouch did wasn't low at all, it was pure and simple strategy, there is no use in protecting someone, if that person is going to die anyway is there?
Like taking the bullet and dying, just to have that person be shot by a second bullet, 2 lives gone for nothing, lelouch did what he had to, for the lowest number of casualties.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-15-2007, 07:07 PM
I rewatched the episode, and unfortunately, even Lelouch doesnt agree with us darkshadow. He did clearly say something about having to do things no matter how cheap they are in order to win. He probably felt what he was going to do was low himself, and it seems his speech to Karen was more directed toward himself to aleviate himslef of guilt.

But, when it comes to war, he did take the most efficient path. I like this contradiction though, since it just goes to show that Lelouch is human, and makes him a believable character. If he had become cold steel like Light in Death Note, I would probably start to like him less.

Kraco
Tue, 01-16-2007, 03:43 AM
Indeed. It also needs to be remembered that it's no sign of strength to be able to make excuses for one's actions, no matter how low and vile. A strong person who knows he must do what needs to be done to achieve a greater purpose can do low things knowing fully well just how low those things were. He doesn't need to twist the truth and try to explain this and that, trying to make it sound perfectly honourable to himself. It's a different thing what should be told to his underlings, though. It could very well be much better if they don't think any compromises had to be made. And that's what happened.

Like shinta|hikari suggested in his last paragraph, I also will like Lelouch much more as long as he knows, himself, that he must accept sacrifices and ill deeds in order to gain greater victories. If he at some point begins to believe everything he does is automatically right, like Light, then some part of me is going to start to hope for his defeat.

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-16-2007, 09:54 AM
If he believed everything he did was right, then he would convert into Suzaku.

Suzaku believes he can change things by being pacifist, but, like others have stated, is a hypocrite for working for those that killed his father.

When CC gave him those illusions, the dissapointed face of that man who I assume is his father was priceless.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 01-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Actually Suzaku feel more like a Mix of Athrun and Kira to me.

Naive notion that everything can be solve without death. check
Confuse and is now working under others that might not have the same ideals as him because of his father. check
Love interest is a pink hair girl who just happen to be the leader of the nation and will probably gain a ridiculous amount of power. check
Has a best friend who is on the opposite side because of personal belief. check

about the only thing missing is the ability to activate Kira mode and obliterate the enemies mech without killing the pi......... nvm he doesn't even need to activate it because he can do that normally. check

Church
Tue, 01-16-2007, 03:22 PM
about the only thing missing is the ability to activate Kira mode and obliterate the enemies mech without killing the pi......... nvm he doesn't even need to activate it because he can do that normally. check

Except he keeps killing other people, and doesn't even try to not kill them... At least Kira decided and made a conscious effort to only hit non-vital parts. Suzaku takes the extremes, either sits around looking confused or totally killing everything in his way...

O, and the OST is out
http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Code%20Geass%20Hangyaku%20no%20L elouch%20Original%20Soundtrack.zip.torrent

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-17-2007, 12:37 AM
Kira decided that only after he got convinced by Lacus. Maybe that is what is going to happen to Suzaku as well, with Euphie taking the other role. I hope this wont happen though, since it would overload him with Seed similarities, whcih may affect my rating on the originality of code geass. Still, I hope he doesnt stay that long and just dies.

Ideas on Suzakus death, rated 1-5

1. Killed knowingly by Zero for his ideals using geass.
2. Killed unknowingly by Zero for his ideals.
3. Raped and killed by Nina, because of jealousy.
4. Blown up by the Guren because too busy making a speech about Zeros misdeeds.
5. Dies from heart attack because of stress from excessive worrying over justice.

High Wind
Wed, 01-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Number 5 sounds like something Kira would write. I'm pretty sure I tripped a couple people up by referring to the Death Note Kira.

Anyways, at this point I'm all up for Suzaku meeting an untimely end. His character would be a bit more bearable if it weren't so full of hypocrisies and contradictions.

Munsu
Wed, 01-17-2007, 02:11 AM
I really don't see him as much of an hypocrite as some of you guys do. I actually see a lot of similarities between him and Lelouch. As mentioned before by you guys, Lelouch sacrifices and does evil deeds "in order to gain greater victories". And I feel that Suzaku is pretty much doing the same thing. He wants to change Britannia, but he feels the only way to do it is from the inside. How do you expect for him to accomplish this if he's constantly acting against orders? It has been shown that they don't think twice about executing a traitor.

Also, someone stated that Lelouch wasn't that great of a pilot because he lasted more than 1 minute against the Lancelot, when Knightmares usually last 3 seconds? I don't see your point, if that's the case than that makes Lelouch a pretty good pilot.

And come on, can't we have some other argument to discredit Suzuku other than he's the same as Kira? We've been over the same crap since the first episode. We already know that he has shown many similarities to him, so why keep bringing it up? If I wanted to discuss Gundam SEED, I would simply go to the Mobile Suit Gundam forum. This is turning out as the same shitty discussions that were happening in the Naruto forums and the Dragonball comparisons. And also, for those that feel that Kira was naive to think he could solve things without killing people, well guess what he pretty much acomplished it. And to quote my friend Arc, "he knows deaths have to happen, he just doesn't want to kill". And if you're skilled enough to accomplish this, why not give it a try?

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Also, someone stated that Lelouch wasn't that great of a pilot because he lasted more than 1 minute against the Lancelot, when Knightmares usually last 3 seconds? I don't see your point, if that's the case than that makes Lelouch a pretty good pilot.

And come on, can't we have some other argument to discredit Suzuku other than he's the same as Kira?

On the 1st part, I said that he wasnt that great of a pilot because of his performance in the battle against cornelia, where he got one of his arms destroyed in like 2 seconds. I didnt refer to it clearly since the discussion was about the events in that episode and should be read in that context. What I said was that it was strange how he lasted that long against the lancelot, when he shouldnt have the skills to do so.

On the 2nd part, we dont judge him because he is the same as kira, but rather because he has the same bad qualities as him. Even if Kira did not exist, everyone would hate him for being a hypocrite, and maybe even make him the archetype kira is now. I have to say that I really like kira, so I really dont like comparing him to suzaku (who i hate) either, but to prove my point, it was a good comparison. But as you wish, then we can stop the comparisons here, its not necessary to discredit him anyway.

BTW, the 1st part was actually an argument discrediting Suzakus piloting skills, totally unrelated to seed. It seems he can only take down noob pilots in weak units. Even an average pilot like lelouch (which I believe he is) can survive multiple encounters with him.

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-17-2007, 11:42 AM
BTW, the 1st part was actually an argument discrediting Suzakus piloting skills, totally unrelated to seed. It seems he can only take down noob pilots in weak units. Even an average pilot like lelouch (which I believe he is) can survive multiple encounters with him.
We can't really prove it from that though, because we only know so many pilots.

Above Average: "Orange"-kun, Viletta, Lelouch
Aces: Kallen, Toudou, Cornelia (and her guards), Suzaku

Suzaku has only fought against Kallen among the other aces, and the only pilots that seem to be similar to Lelouch are on the same side. It doesn't really prove anything either way since we don't really get to see a lot of long Knightmare battles.

Darknodin
Wed, 01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't think Suzaku is that annoying. heh, without him the show would have been over 3 eps ago. I'm all for entertainement... and that's what Lancelot messing up Zero's plan is.
In real life, i have to say, it'd be hard to be for Zero's actions. 1st most people wouldn't know of his bigger plan, and second, even if they did, ppl don't seem to like someone who might betray them this way, even if for the greater good. For example, i very much doubt ppl would be for a war to, say, force countries to behave ecologically, even though a lot of ppl in industrialized countries believe the Earth is gonna blow up if we don't (whether or not its true, its what they believe).

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Haha, well the last part wasnt serious argument at all, just something to add to suzaku bashing. It was more of a joke than anything, since there is absolutely no logic behind it. Sorry if I wasnt able to express that clear enough. But, since it has been brought up, it is in fact insufficent to gauge suzakus skills as a pilot, but it is obvious that he is an ace and my whole point was that it was strange how Lelouch survived for so long not being on the same level as him. Then I realized the answer. Its because he cant die, he is the hero of the story.

Following this line of thought, Suzaku is probably a great pilot, since he was an even match to the Guren and owned so many knighmares before. I am going to be fair so that valid arguments against Suzaku dont get snubbed and labeled as ungrounded or repetitive.

On another note, saying Suzaku is not annoying because he is an important plot element doesnt make sense, since even with a completely different personality and intentions, as long as he interferes in the fights, the story will progress. He doesnt have to be obsessed with being right like he is.

What I dont like about Suzaku isnt his convictions about justice, since that in itself is a positive attitude. The problem is his ego, and his belief that only his way is correct, and any other method is "wrong". Even Lelouch admits that what he is doing is sometimes cheap, meaning he accepts the pros and cons, as well as the rightness and wrongness of his actions. Suzaku doesnt, and he perfectly believes everything he is doing right now is free of sin, and doesnt have any similarity to Zero. On that note, I hate him to death. (that is a kira free argument by the way)

Its so easy to blame others and label them as wrong, since one can never completely assume anothers point of view. I like Lelouch on this point, since he respected Suzakus choice of changing things in his own way, though he called him an idiot (which he is). He could have just geassed him into allying with him, or to leave the military completely, but he didnt despite knowing the risk they might fight someday.

Suzaku never even attempts such a thing, and is hell bent on stopping Zero for doing things he himself has done quite a number of times (namely killing).

To change the topic, I wonder how he will react when he finds out Zeros identity. He was even willing to throw away his life for Lelouch before (I like this part about him), but if he finds out his identity, what will he choose?

Mae
Thu, 01-18-2007, 11:03 PM
I caught up with this series recently and I have to say it's better than what I thought it would be at first. I've always liked revenge-driven characters, so Lelouche appeals to me.

But to jump in on the Suzuka debate, I don't really get all the hate. Suzuka's people were conquered, and I think that if he believed the resistance had a real chance he'd join them. But at the start of the series you can see that Brittania had overwhelming force on their side, so he decides that the best thing he can do is sign up with them and try to change things from the inside and minimize the suffering of the 11's. He thinks the rebel cause is hopeless and is just making things worse, and really he has a point.

It's not like he's unwilling to kill. I mean, he IS a soldier. He just would like to minimize it, which doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me. It's not like he thought killing the helpless soldiers on the boat was a good thing, and he obviously has his issues (like when CC drove him nuts, I wonder if he killed his father like Lelouche wants to kill his).

Zero is in the way of his goals, stirring up the fight that Suzuka's trying to quash. Of course he'd get pissed off at him.

And he's right, Lelouche really is just using people. He's not fighting for the good the 11's. He's just made their resistance into a tool to get his revenge. It's not like he's totally indifferent to the deaths he causes, so his character isn't entirely evil, but also he's made it clear that they won't be enough to stop him. I liked his speech about how he doesn't want to waste the lives he's sacrificed. So what he needs to do is sacrifice a bunch more, apparently. Somehow I don't think he's going to end well.

Kraco
Fri, 01-19-2007, 05:02 AM
I liked his speech about how he doesn't want to waste the lives he's sacrificed. So what he needs to do is sacrifice a bunch more, apparently. Somehow I don't think he's going to end well.

I think Lelouch likes to burn bridges. Not only for the sake of the moral and fighting spirit of his troops, but also for the sake of his own determination. It can't be easy to initiate a lonely fight against a world power, and most people, no matter how brave, would likely hesitate and postpone doing that, rightfully afraid it would never avail much. Doing bigger and more drastic things will tie him tighter and tighter to the action.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah, and changing things from the inside really is going well compared to the rebellion, oh please. So far, all hes done by joining the britannians is to save their leader 2-3 times, and kill a lot of japanese rebels. Way to go in lessening the suffering of 11s.

Even if he thinks the rebellion is hopeless from the beginning, when Zero invited him he should have realized that they now had at least a fighting chance. But that really isnt the point. Suzaku didnt join not because it is hopeless. He probably thinks it is easier to fight that way, but he has a problem with the way of doing things, like he said to Zero before. Suzaku is not the type to care about overwhelming force, he does what he thinks he is right. As evidence, he even almost sacrificed his life for lelouch, and he even went back to face the charges against him when lelouch saved him.

I like some parts about Suzaku, but as a whole I hate him too much. Ive already said too much about it so that ends here.

BTW, watched ep 14, and here are my impressions:

SPOILER!!!

IT WAS SOOOO GOOOD!!!

END OF SPOILER!!!!

masamuneehs
Tue, 01-23-2007, 11:52 AM
saw 13, and man Lelouch is a pretty big bastard.... and the JLF are rather shitty at monitoring their ships... If Cornellia hadn't wanted to take that General alive, she could have just sent in a small covert ops team to plant a bomb on them.

i also don't get all the hate for Suzaku. As a character in an anime, he's sorta annoying at times, but he's certainly a much more likable person than Lelouch. Yes, he does get a little preachy, but there's nothing wrong with expressing your dislike for something you believe to be wrong. I think Mae really hit it on the head, he feels that the path of least resistance is best for Japan, since he views a revolution as impossible. It'd be interesting to see what Lelouch would be doing if he never got the Geass power. Without it, would he be fighting now? I seriously doubt it, since he too would see how illogical it would be. And in chess logic (and foresight) is the only thing you need

I liked the talk between Kallen and Lelouch, and that one Britannia army girl (can't remember the name) is really coming on as important. I can imagine the massive drama in next episode...

kAi
Tue, 01-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Suzaku contradicts himself in every sentence he speaks. He is an idiot. It doesn't really matter which way you go, you're killing people.

and why did Zero kill Shirley's dad, fuck, the Britannian government started this whole move to go up the mountain to attack the Japanese Liberation Front, Zero was there to intercept, and it was a battle. All the Britannian government do is kill a shitload of civilians, because there aren't many soldiers and rebels to fight against, yeah Suzaku chose the right team alright.

He's in a government that goes with the strong must take out the weak, and that they should be discriminated against, the only way to fix this problem is to get rid of the leaders, well get rid of the current leader, THAT is for certain!.

The Britannian people live by Oppression.

Munsu
Wed, 01-24-2007, 12:44 AM
14 bitches:
http://ggkthx.org/torrents/[gg]_Code_Geass_14_[156ADA4A].mkv.torrent

Yukimura
Wed, 01-24-2007, 02:08 AM
I think this ep was really good, but I'm not sure why. Maybe it was just the voice acting, because i'm not really sure what happened but I know I felt really sad when Lelouch was charging up his Geass on Shirley and I felt a sense of loss when he walked away from her. I felt Mao's crazed infatuation, and I could see the regret on C.C.'s face, I'm guessing because she's the one who gave him his power. I felt Villietta's desperation (which was a little thin considering she survived being shot at close range with no medical attention for the better part of a day). All in all there were several key developments not the least of which being the nice scientist lady realizing what we've all been saying about Suzaku. Now all you Kir....errr...Suzaku fans can't just say we're complaining for no reason.

Everon
Wed, 01-24-2007, 04:51 AM
All this tension after the battle is incredible, friends being alienated, the order of knights is showing signs of mutiny, britainnia is starting to profile Zero, another geass is in play.

I'm a little confused why Lelouch decided to completely remove himself from Shirley's memory. Won't that cause more frustration when she goes back to school and sees lelouch or even photos? I guess Lelouch is trying to clear his conscience - remove the guilt of being the torment and love of Shirley.

I've come to my own conclusion that Suzaku isn't a hypocrite. He wants to change things from the inside, but his immediate duty as a soldier leads him to killing excessively. So until he becomes promoted he'll put up with those orders. But isn't that parallel to Lelouch's? They're both willing to go justify the means to an end. And both are ridden with guilt.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-24-2007, 06:37 AM
What you said about Suzaku doesnt make sense. You just said they are both willing to go justify the means to an end. Suzaku has said numerous times how he doesnt approve of that way of thinking. Who isnt a hypocrite again?

Lelouch removing himself from shirleys memory completely is because he doesnt want her involved anymore, which is likely if he keeps her close to him. This reason is quite obvious due to the conversation between C.C. and Lelouch in the train, when she said to him that keeping the things important to you far away is a way of life.

Im thinking Lelouch isnt going back to school, since that would create chaos with Suzaku and the other students because of Shirleys missing memory. Or maybe he will think of some way to get past this, which is unlikely considering its lack of possibility.

AMEN to Yukimura.

Kraco
Wed, 01-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Yeah. Yuki chose his words wisely.

Im thinking Lelouch isnt going back to school, since that would create chaos with Suzaku and the other students because of Shirleys missing memory. Or maybe he will think of some way to get past this, which is unlikely considering its lack of possibility.
I don't honestly know what Lelouch was thinking when he removed himself so completely from Shirley's mind. Even if he himself stops going to school, surely other people would rather sooner than later ask Shirley if she knows anything, considering everybody probably noticed how highly Shirley thought of Lelouch. And if Shirley then asks: "Le... Wholouch?", it could also potentially create problems. It wouldn't be shrugged off as a joke when people get serious.

Some in the military already know they somehow forgot important events. If a well-known student suddenly disappeared and someone known to be close to him seemed to have genuinely totally forgotten him, it would be an important lead.

Hmm... In other news I much more prefer C.C.'s normal looks to the... doll looks in this episode.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-24-2007, 08:07 AM
It would be an important lead, but I guess that just goes to show how important he thinks of his friends. He might believe they are worth his identity being known. Viletta knows his identity anyway, so his secret wouldnt have lasted long either way.

If he completely removes himself from school and his normal life, the problem would probably be Nunnaly. Being Lelouch, would he be able to just leave her behind? If his identity would be disclosed, Nunnaly would be in danger. This part I am still having a hard time figuring out.

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-24-2007, 10:16 AM
I think a lot of you are missing key points with Viletta and thinking Lelouch will leave school.

Lelouch can't leave the school. Yes, he lives there, but he could just as easily live as Zero in the Black Knights van. The problem with that is that Nunnaly lives in the school and is cared for by the Ashford family. There is no feasible way he can leave her alone since the two of them are so close. I think it's more likely that Lelouch also included a command in Shirley's memory wipe, one to go away somewhere else. If he really wants to keep her out of it, that's exactly what he'll do.

As for Viletta, she's currently in the custody of Ougi. Normally, he would probably take her to a hospital, but since the only words she said pertained to Zero and he found her at the pier where they were the night before, I'm willing to bet he took her to the base (the van). It will be very interesting. Lulu will recognize her most likely, and will have to deal with her without using the Geass. Cornelia will be reported to immediately if Viletta was taken anywhere else. It makes it a pretty short series if Cornelia finds out now.

C.C.'s goth loli look was pretty amusing. I prefer her normal outfit the best, but at least this was better than the pizza delivery boy look like when she's wearing Lelouch's clothes.

It was also painfully obvious who Euphemia's Knight will be. Let's hope Suzaku has to kill Nina when she tries to molest Euphie. We all saw her blush when Nunnaly rebuked Rivalz about meeting the princess for "impure reasons." Speaking of which, I wonder if Euphie knows Nunnaly. We know Cornelia sheltered Euphie, but I don't think they were all that young when Lulu and Nunnaly left.

Church
Wed, 01-24-2007, 04:09 PM
I really liked this episode. I actually felt really sad at the end; I didn't think I would, but using a complete memory wipe, that's as bad as killing, maybe even worse.
C.C.'s look is... interesting... it somehow reminded me of Rozen Maiden...
From what I gathered, Viletta isn't that high on the cammand structure, so I doubt it'd be a serious problem to the Britannia military if she went AWOL.
Mao is interesting, so is he the one C.C. "talks" to? Personally I don't think so, the headphones seem weird, is that a recording?
He reminds me of Creed from Black Cat, not just in physical appearance, but he's also got the creepy, messed-up-in-the-head, nutjob mentality.

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-24-2007, 04:31 PM
They are headphones that play recordings of C.C.'s voice over and over. Mao is a complete and total creepy stalker. I had always figured C.C. was talking to dead ancestors or whatever. Something to do with the marks on her forehead and chest, like the ones we see in one of the openings.

Viletta isn't high on the command structure, true, but if she was in the hospital and said she had information on Zero's Identity, don't you think Cornelia would come running?

Munsu
Wed, 01-24-2007, 04:50 PM
It was also painfully obvious who Euphemia's Knight will be. Let's hope Suzaku has to kill Nina when she tries to molest Euphie. We all saw her blush when Nunnaly rebuked Rivalz about meeting the princess for "impure reasons." Speaking of which, I wonder if Euphie knows Nunnaly. We know Cornelia sheltered Euphie, but I don't think they were all that young when Lulu and Nunnaly left.

I'm pretty sure she would know, and I think Suzaku thinks so as well. We can see this when he was really concidering letting the students meet her, but once Nunnaly showed interest he showed a face of concern and said that it will not happen, or something along those lines.

Church
Wed, 01-24-2007, 07:23 PM
I wonder how the pacing will go now. It was going at break neck speed earlier, and that was only telling one main plot, Lelouch and the Rebellion. Now it has to tell the C.C./Mao plot and the Rebellion plot, unless they all somehow relate? Which would make sense since we still don't know why C.C. was around young Suzaku and young Lelouch, or was it just all coincidence?

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-24-2007, 10:21 PM
I did mention the Nunnaly problem in my last post, and that is why I couldnt figure out what Lelouch is going to do. Commanding Shirley to go far away would make sense, that is, until you consider her mother who is still alive, and basically all her friends in school as well. Shirley going away or Lelouch going away has the same issues, and if followed will eventually lead to the same result - problems for Zero and the rebellion.

However, this can be solved by geassing shirleys mother as well, and then they can leave for a "valid" and believable reason. That is probably the most feasible idea so far.

We also have to consider Ougis personality and thinking when considering what will happen to Viletta. Ougi has doubts about Zero, and is aching to know his identity. It is obvious that if he takes Viletta to Zero, Zero will try to prevent the truth from being told. I am thinking Ougi will keep her somewhere til he gets the information out of her. That is the possibility I was referring to when I said Zeros identity is in danger of exposure.

C.C. appearing before when Lelouch and Suzaku were children may have been a coincidence then, but it is definitely related to her choosing Lelouch for her wish at present. C.C. chose Lelouch the moment he came near the van, despite there being other people nearer to here even before that (ie karen). This means that she made the choice beforehand, and is probably during Lelouchs youth scene.

Munsu
Wed, 01-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I wonder how the pacing will go now. It was going at break neck speed earlier, and that was only telling one main plot, Lelouch and the Rebellion. Now it has to tell the C.C./Mao plot and the Rebellion plot, unless they all somehow relate? Which would make sense since we still don't know why C.C. was around young Suzaku and young Lelouch, or was it just all coincidence?
I missed when C.C. appeared when they were children, at time did this occur so that I can check it out?

Church
Wed, 01-24-2007, 11:36 PM
The biggest was in the first 30secs of the first episode, there were also more hints and flashes along the way too; C.C.'s flashback, when Lelouch "entered" her, the new ED, and bits here and there.

Mae
Thu, 01-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Man, what a cheap way out of that mess. And a bit stupid too. Why not just have her forget the past few days? It could be chalked up to stress. If she doesn't remember him at all the gang at school will definitely become suspicious that something strange is happening. And even if she moves away or whatever they're friends, so it's not like they suddenly won't talk to her anymore. I also can't see him abandoning the school and his sister as she is pretty much the most important person to him.

I don't really know what to think of the crazy guy with the new geass. At first I thought the geass must have something to do with Britannia, like a new weapon they were developing. But it doesn't look like Mao has anything to do with that government. So CC's been running around Geassing people before she met Lelouche, huh? Looks like her motivation might be completely separate from the whole Brittania/11 conflict. But why did they have her then? What is she get out of this I wonder? Maybe Lelouche will finally start questioning her some more. I thought it was something of a plot hole that he trusted this bizarre chick that he knows nothing about anyways.

As an aside, it's nice to see a series where people actually don't know what will happen next for a change.

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-25-2007, 01:48 AM
wow, episode 14 spun me dizzy.

Mao: I was reminded of Dio from Last Exile. Something to do with silver haired guys with crazy power obsessing over a main character and using chess. I really like his character, as all his lines and words were delightfully evil and smacking of hidden insanity, but an intellect to be reckoned with. The funniest thing was when Shirely pointed her pistol at him, so he acts like "woah! I don't fight! Let me just walk away.... ....walk away and pick up this shotgun right here!" He pulled up that shotgun and I just sat there thinking how much I'm going to like this new guy.

Also can't wait for C.C.'s past to come into a bigger role in the plot.

Viletta is at the Black Knights' base, nothing Ougi could have done otherwise would have made an asshair of sense (aside from finishing her off). I smell trouble brewing for Zero's command ability...

The eraser: stupid move. Talk about letting emotion get the best of you and overcompensating to fix. He could have made her forget everything since the night at the pier, but NO~~! He has to make her into some kind of amnesia-retard... Way to make shit awkward at the school and fuck over a friend, and not just that, someone who had really sincere feelings for you. I guess he could say, "I can't risk getting her involved with me ever again", but that still seems like a cop-out in my book...

a crude analogy for the Shirely memory erasal move is making a stinky fart in your car on the way to a girl's house. Instead of opening the windows and maybe spraying a small hint of cologne/something to counter it, you hose down yourself and your auto with so much Axe or cologne that when you pick up the chick, her first reaction is that you're some kinda crazy. well, guess that was a shitty analogy, but that's what came to mind.

oh yes, this is truly the show I enjoy the most.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-25-2007, 03:00 AM
That is a shitty analogy.

Shirley isnt an amnesia retard. She just forgot about lelouch. If he only erased her memory of the pier, the chances of her getting curious and snooping around again is high, so he had to do it for both Shirley's and his rebellion's sake.

To cop-out means to take the easy way out and avoid responsibility. This way is hardly easy for Lelouch, since losing Shirley must mean a great deal to him considering how much he cared about her. He probably thought that this is the only way for him to take responsibility without compromising all his plans and his life's goal.

Lelouch probably has plans for Shirley, and it will be revealed soon. Judging whether what he did was stupid or not should be done after the consequences are shown.

Mao is just cheap. Reading other peoples minds doesnt make him smart. Without this power, Lelouch would have chewed him up and spit him out at chess. Cant wait for Lelouchs revenge on this guy.

EDIT: Lelouch didnt trust C.C. from the beginning. It is just that she never answers any questions, so there is no point in asking them. The only time Lelouch started to trust C.C. is the cave incident, when he actually expressed gratitude. This trust is not ill placed, considering she already saved him twice by that time.

C.C. probably doesnt give a damn about the rebellion, but it is necessary to keep Lelouch alive (he threatened to commit suicide if he cant continue his plans before), but now, maybe she is just helping him coz she likes him.

kenren
Thu, 01-25-2007, 07:05 AM
hello, =)
i can tell this series will be good since there're lots of post heating this topic up..
so, which group is better? (i'm starting from episode 1 >.<)

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-25-2007, 07:09 AM
@Kenren: There's only one group still doing it. Watch gg.

I'd say what he did is one way to avoid responsibility. Instead of working it out or actually attempting to keep her out of it, he goes for the memory wipe.

Mao really didn't even do that much to Shirley. She had said most of the things he accused her of in the previous episode, like the remark about her being a deceptive woman for taking advantage of her father's death to kiss Lulu. All he did was say what she already thought about herself. It's no worse than good intuition. Cheating at chess is cheap though.

Kraco
Thu, 01-25-2007, 07:16 AM
C.C. probably doesnt give a damn about the rebellion, but it is necessary to keep Lelouch alive (he threatened to commit suicide if he cant continue his plans before), but now, maybe she is just helping him coz she likes him.

What does C.C. actually want? Has it been explained anywhere, even between the lines? Judging by her behavior alone it somewhat looks like she just wants to be with someone(s), and interact with people, and apparenly deals out geass powers to achieve that. And being trusted and needed surely made her happy. However, since she's probably the one in this series with most history, it would seem likely she also has something bigger she's aiming at, ultimately.

kenren
Thu, 01-25-2007, 08:38 AM
alright then..thanks Ryllharu.
..i'll try and catch up as soon as possbile... =D

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-25-2007, 09:44 AM
C.C. has hinted many times before that she is aiming for something bigger, probably a mission that she has to fulfill which requires the power of geass. Lelouch once deduced that C.C. doesnt have geass herself because he wouldnt be needed if she had it. That would mean a major part of his necessity to C.C. is the power itself, and not just his company.

To cop-out has a connotation of ease and fear of hardship. What Lelouch did has none of those, at least psychologically and emotionally. Though I have to agree that it is in a sense an avoidance of technical responsibility, for if he really wanted to face up to it, he would have to cease his plans, surrender and end the rebellion, which of course isnt happening.

Agreed with Mao's manipulation of Shirley. It was so easy because he is so cheap. What the hell is mind reading power anyway, its been overused in so many shows. Just hope it has a better application in code geass.

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-25-2007, 12:59 PM
well yeah, that was a pretty awful analogy...

semantics aside, i still think the memory erasing was cowardly. it's been pointed out how just erasing Shirley's memory of the time since the pier might not be a full-proof move, since she could get suspicious again. But we all have noted some flaws to Lelouch's move here, how things at Ashford might get weird (Shirely and Lelouch absent for awhile, then one disappears. Not to mention he still can't be 100% sure of what happened at the pier, and if it wasn't for Ougi's fortunate walk, Viletta's knowledge of him would still be a dangerous threat) What I think was cowardly was this: he saw she liked him and didn't know what to do about it, so he just made those emotions go away completely. He saw that he'd hurt a friend and instead of trying to amend those mistakes or making them up to her, he makes it like it never happened at all.

He never makes a promise to renege on, but I just don't believe that the memory erasal was taking responsibility for his actions and his "consequences". That is what I thought was "copping-out".

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Like I said, technically, it is avoiding responsibility, but that was necessary for him to continue his goal, and weve seen just how far he will go for that goal.

Shirley liking him isnt his fault. It is not like he forced her to like him. He doesnt have to take responsibility for that at all. And it is precisely because she likes him that danger may fall on her. I dont really think he ran away from Shirleys feelings, and judging from his words and actions at the end of the episode, if he wasnt Zero they might have even ended up as a couple.

Take note, the problem about amending mistakes is that the person you are amending to must know what you did in order to accept amendment. True there may be exceptions, but those are just absurd examples. Problem is, Shirley couldnt have taken the truth. As we saw in 14, she was on the verge of breaking down. If Lelouch erased her memory even only of the Zero/Mao incident, that would still be avoiding responsibility, no different from what he did, which I believe was necessary.

I said this was taking responsibility, in the sense that this was the only way he could have done it (memory erasal, whether on part or completely) in consideration of the situation. Its not I like his decision though. I think it is cruel to completely erase Shirleys memory, especially without her consent. But Lelouch is cruel, and when he feels justified in doing so he is willing to cross that line, yet still understands the sins he commits. That is what makes him so cool.

I wont be posting here for a while since the raw came out already. (havent watched it yet, dont wanna spoil anything)

Munsu
Thu, 01-25-2007, 09:19 PM
I will not be so quick to judge until I see the next episode and possibly see Lelouch's reasoning behind his actions. He might've felt a sense of desperation at the moment hence why he did it (mistakenly), or he could've really thought it through with the repercussions in mind. For all we know this was the only way of protecting Shirley, remember he can only use Geass on her once, so he might've needed to go drastic to make sure Shirley woúldn't suffer for his actions. If he'd taken a less drastic measure, and it backfires he wouldn't have Geass to use on her again.

High Wind
Thu, 01-25-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm gonna pull a combo breaker here and sort of fly of the hot topic of Shirley Memory Erase, and just get some other questions out of my head.

What intrigued me the most about this episode (besides the much discussed topic at hand) was the fact that another type of Geass has been introduced. The Mind Reading Geass. What I want to know is that since it is a Geass, it would make sense that it has certain restrictions and limitations. What I want to know is what kind of restrictions Mao's Geass has.

As always, looking forward to the next episode of Code Geass, a series which is quickly becoming one of my favourites.

Edit: Maybe his power is the "active" type like Church says below, and the cost of using it is a portion of his sanity. Could explain why he's sort of... "off". That or he could just be totally obsessed with C.C. Meh.

Church
Thu, 01-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Personally I think of mind reading as two types, active and passive; one where the user can control it and choose when and who to mind read and one where the user can't control it, other people's thoughts just pour in (which would probably make the user go nuts easily.) I'm not really sure what Mao's is, but it seems like he has control over it; I can't really think of any restrictions it might have right now.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-26-2007, 12:41 AM
An obvious restriction is that he cant read C.C.'s mind, as shown in the last episode. Im thinking Mao cant really shut off his geass at will, or that he has become addicted to using it and cant really just stop. This is because he is in fact wearing sunglasses to hide his geass eyes all the time, and his earphones would techinically prevent him from hearing anything except C.C.'s voice, implying that he never really deactivates his geass.

I find it really interesting how he completely directs his hearing only to C.C.'s voice, and uses his geass to listen to other people's thoughts. Just shows how insanely obsessed he is, which is not a bad thing. A perfect enemy for lelouch I might say.

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Everybody keeps talking about Shirley and Mao... yet you forget something important.

Villeta saw Zero's identity. And she is alive... found by Ougi.
Im more interested in knowing if Ougi will find Zero's identity this way, and how will this affect the Order of the Black Knights.

Shirley's memory loss only makes me wonder if Suzaku or Kallen will start wondering how come she forgot everything about Lelouch.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-26-2007, 11:48 AM
No one forgot about Viletta. That has been discussed a few posts back, and several possibilities were considered, including my thoughts that ougi will take her somewhere in order to get information on zero.

Of course they will wonder why she lost her memory, what else would they do, blindly accept it? That is, if they find out.

Munsu
Thu, 02-01-2007, 02:04 AM
15 you horny bastards:
http://ggkthx.org/torrents/[gg]_Code_Geass_15_[0E120531].mkv.torrent

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Lelouch handled the Shirley-Amnesia situation surprisingly easily. I don't think any of us guessed he'd use such a simple solution. Not only is it plausible to other people in the series, it's something each of us has probably seen in during out time in school.

Viletta's amnesia, I thought that was a bit hackneyed. She got shot, nearly drowned, and she gets cliche injury amnesia. She acts kind of cute when she's not barking out orders though. Ougi, as many guessed, is too curious about Zero to actually have faith in him, like Kallen does. The question now is, what happens with Viletta while she still doesn't remember anything, and more importantly, what happens when she does?

As for Mao, good riddance. Him being around for as long as he was, he was annoying beyond compare (except maybe Creepy Nina).

Kraco
Thu, 02-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm not personally so trusting yet what comes to Viletta's amnesia. It could be just a feint to make Ougi careless. Especially since Ougi already seems to have delegated some of his decision making below his belt.

Mao good riddance indeed. I'm not sure what that dood's significance was in the first place. Maybe it was to give some perspective to C.C. and geass and extra chances of giving bits of geass info to the audience, but it certainly didn't do much to advance the bigger plot.

Good ep nonetheless. It looks like the next episode could again begin to move the series forward more forcefully.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Finally, the sub is out and I can finally post here again.

Im also glad Mao is gone, but I think his introduction actually did a lot more than just add a bit of info on C.C. and geass. It basically changed the nature of the relationship between Lelouch and C.C., (and also provided Lelouch with some really cool scenes in defeating Mao). This closer relationship between C.C. and Lelouch will probably serve to advance the main story now. Since Lelouch claims that he will help her achieve her goal, it will probably be revealed soon.

I loved what Lelouch said about already having the parts of C.C. Mao hasnt even seen. Really nasty, but characteristically cool.

Like I said before, Mao is an absolute idiot, and without his geass, he would be absolutely nothing. I liked the scene when Mao shot C.C. a couple of times and wanted to dismember her. It kind of gave a good contrast to how the two geas hosts treat C.C. Though lelouch is cold to her, I cant imagine him doing such a thing to C.C., and in contrast, the obsessed Mao doesnt seem to give a fuck about chopping and packing her up. Sure she may be immortal, but she obviously feels pain. Im glad Mao is dead, but after what he did to C.C., he deserves a much more gruesome end. (I am obviously biased since I am a BIG C.C. fan)

Come to think of it, why DID C.C. choose Mao in the 1st place? Does he and Lelouch possess anything special? And did C.C. notice this something special since Lelouch was a child, but delayed giving him geass since she feared what happened to the young Mao will occur once again? Im hoping all this will be revealed in the next episode. (I dont have to wait too long since the raw is coming out in a few hours, but that also means I cant post in this thread again til gg releases)

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-01-2007, 12:25 PM
In short, C.C. felt sorry for him. She too has extensive experience with being alone, and seeing a pathetic little boy, she took pity on him. Her relationship with him in the flashbacks seemed more like an older sister, or even pushing it, a mother. But with Lulu, they are a lot closer than Mao and she ever were. Their relationship has a very intimate light cast on it, no matter how much either of them denies it. They know all each other's secrets. The point is that Mao knows the secrets of everyone else, but he can never know C.C., especially the way Lulu already does after the Suzaku Brain Melt incident.

@Kraco: It's not the amnesia itself, but her apparent total personality change. Viletta's past appearances did not cast her in a light that would imply she'd be overly embarrassed about being seen naked, or at least, her reaction would be VERY different (like shooting Ougi in the face). She's turned meek, and lacks the scheming confidence she exuded when she confronted Shirley and right before she was shot. Innocence, I guess would be the way I would describe it. That's why I'm convinced, for the time being anyway, that she's not faking.

Kraco
Thu, 02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
I loved what Lelouch said about already having the parts of C.C. Mao hasnt even seen. Really nasty, but characteristically cool.

I wonder if C.C. will take that as a sign Leloch would actually like to have those parts in reality... Of course with Mao so obsessed, C.C. might not want Lelouch to turn that way.

Anyway, somehow I have hard time seeing any real pairing happening in this series. Of course partly because Lelouch is a bad guy in a certain and not too limited sense, but also because Shirley's memories are gone, and it could be said she's out of the picture now. I have felt since the beginning Karen will get killed at some point, possible saving Lelouch. And C.C. is the kind of character who will leave and disappear at the end, because she's something else than just a human, and doesn't belong among them. Who would that even leave?

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-01-2007, 01:38 PM
No one for Lulu, but Suzaku and Euphie obviously. Assuming Lulu doesn't try to kill Euphie to hurt Cornelia (He already could have, so I'm guessing he won't). Or that Cornelia kills Suzaku in disapproval, or Kallen kills Suzaku (crosses fingers).

But there is always the wildcard, Milly. She told him all about her Omiai and has jokingly mentioned her preferences for Lulu, in a "toy" kind of way.

I don't see Kallen getting killed, but I don't see her ever getting with Lulu. The only way I could see her getting killed is gunshot, since at this point she's pretty invincible in-cockpit. But you never know, this is Geass.

Akeruri
Thu, 02-01-2007, 03:59 PM
On Mao's "death":
I don't know; for all the introduction we got for Mao, the exit seems premature in my opinion. So, here I am saying that Mao isn't dead and somehow his long tenure of using his geass has enabled him to overcome gunshot wounds and heavy blood loss (a la C.C.'s ability). Classic Sunrise not explaining anything. He's not done in the series. I put my money on that.

On Shirley:
I thought Lelouch would've made arrangements for her to be transferred to some other school or something. I didn't expect her to show up around him... I didn't expect him to allow her to stay around him.

On pairings:
This may have been mentioned before, but I've always done some parallel between Geass and Gundam Seed to a certain degree - as in, just Kira x Lacus <==> Suzaku x Euphie - but Geass is going to show us a different kind of outcome. So, I imagine them eventually killing a Suzaku x Euphie tie through in a tragic and powerful way (whereas Kira x Lacus is all happy and sweet and lalala). So I sympathize with Ryllharu's wish of Suzaku getting killed.

Milly's dialogue with Lelouch this episode was a nice touch, in my opinion. It sheds light that Milly might some have feelings for Lelouch. Granted, it's too obvious to the viewers that a relationship between them would be too far-fetched.

On the next episode title:
...beginning of the end for Nunnally... :( I don't know... very ominous at least...

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Nice episode. Just saw it during lunch break at the office =P.

I found Mao's character quite interesting, despite the previous comments here or his small appearance.

Sure... he could be annoying but... hey... he was crazy. Hearing voices non-stop can make that to you.

His death scene, and when he shot CC were amazing, really well done. I myself flinched upon every shot CC recieved.

On another matters... I should have suspected Milly knew about Lelouch's past... she knew about Kallen after all.

Sadly no Kallen this ep =(

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Milly knew about Lulu's past because the Ashford family took him and Nunnaly in. They run the school, the appropriately named Ashford Academy, after all. They said this in the first episode I believe.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-01-2007, 08:24 PM
I heard about rumors about a season 2 before, does anyone know if they are true?

Im am still hoping for a Lelouch and C.C. pairing, since most of the intimate episodes are between the two of them. I know it will probably end in a separation or whatnot, but another tsukihime or fate stay night ending wouldnt hurt (in fact it would be sad, but infinitely great) Still, a happy ending would be nice, though unlikely.

Suzaku WILL die. If we all will it, it will come true, one way or the other. (wishful thinking)

Millys feelings for lelouch were obvious from the beginning, since the characterization of this anime is fairly harem-like, where most girls fall for the lead male character. You know, the one who helps the shy female character almost always has feelings for the same guy and all that.

Agreed on Mao. I dont think he was annoying, and I found him pretty interesting with the weird clapping action even when he was shooting C.C. I just hate him for hurting C.C., if he hadnt done that, I would have treated his demise as premature as well.

Kallen is invincible in the cockpit in-so-far-as the lancelot doesnt receive its new powerup. If it does, there is a very real possibility of defeat, then death.

EDIT: was there really no other reason for C.C. choosing Mao other than she felt sorry for him? If that is so, does that mean Lelouch was also chosen for a reason as shallow as that? I dont believe, at least in Lelouchs case, that it was such a simple reason, because C.C. actually appeared in Lelouchs past, and their second meeting has several characteristics that would imply a deeper connection.

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-01-2007, 09:20 PM
was there really no other reason for C.C. choosing Mao other than she felt sorry for him? If that is so, does that mean Lelouch was also chosen for a reason as shallow as that? I dont believe, at least in Lelouchs case, that it was such a simple reason, because C.C. actually appeared in Lelouchs past, and their second meeting has several characteristics that would imply a deeper connection.
Whatever motivation C.C. may have had to give Mao the Geass and attempt a contract, be it pity or a slight hope at him fulfilling the contract, he failed. I believe it is because she pitied him that she gave him Geass, of course not knowing what it would do, and how much it would hurt him in the end, starting to go psycho from hearing the thoughts of others all the time. Lulu on the other hand, was given the Geass because C.C. saw in him the conviction he had, and his desperate need for power (the dialog in the first episode says all this).

I don't honestly think it has anything to do with any past they may have had when Lulu was young. It was a spur of the moment thing. He saved her, she saw his hatred for Britannia, a goal apparently well in line with her own, and she felt it necessary to reward him with the power he needed to fulfill his wishes and her own.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Lulu on the other hand, was given the Geass because C.C. saw in him the conviction he had, and his desperate need for power (the dialog in the first episode says all this).

I don't honestly think it has anything to do with any past they may have had when Lulu was young. It was a spur of the moment thing. He saved her, she saw his hatred for Britannia, a goal apparently well in line with her own, and she felt it necessary to reward him with the power he needed to fulfill his wishes and her own.

Definitely wrong.

Even before Lelouch saved C.C. in the 1st episode, C.C. already felt that the one she had been waiting for has come (she actually says something like this even before Lelouch got in the truck.) Lelouch also saw a shadow (probably of C.C.) appearing on top of the crashed truck. It definitely has a deeper meaning than just gratitude for her being saved, or overlapping goals.

You should not forget, that C.C. did not decide to give geass to Lelouch AFTER she was shot (or in the spur of the moment), because the very reason she was shot was because she protected him (probably because she has already chosen him as her new partner).

As far as I know, C.C. doesnt have mind reading powers (since she actually asks Lelouch questions), so Lelouchs determination or goal would have been unknown to her before she gave him geass, which basically sinks the argument of that being her motivation.

The events that have happened in episode 1 strongly suggest that the previous meeting has a greater meaning than what you suggest. If they dont elaborate on this, it will prove to be a big plot hole, since all of the things I mentioned above would fall out of place.

Mae
Thu, 02-01-2007, 10:57 PM
CC may have felt sorry for Mao as a kid, but then why burden him with a Geass? It seems to be pretty poor judgment on her part. I'm going to speculate that only certain people can receive the Geass, and that CC is searching for them to... I dunno, something to be revealed later.

It was nice to see Lelouche questioning CC for a change as to what the hell she is up to. I can accept that he's grateful to her for enabling his revenge and so cuts her some slack for not revealing the details of their contract, although it does feel a little bit like Lelouche made a deal with the devil. What will she end up asking for? What if he doesn't want to give it to her?

Lelouche's excuse for the memory loss thing was pretty good, but it's really only buying some time. Someone is going to figure out something.