PDA

View Full Version : Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-31-2008, 10:20 PM
So I'm the 1000th reply?

Cool...

Anyway... any word on which groups plan to sub apart from Menclave? They do good work... as seen in Gundam 00... but they are damn slow lately...

Any word if GG is returning from the pits of hell?

animus
Mon, 03-31-2008, 10:31 PM
You're 1001, btw.

Apart from Menclave being slow, and if gg never comes back, I guess we can count on YourMom maybe?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-01-2008, 03:00 AM
Shinsen intends to sub it.

edit: gg fansubs is active!! Just released Chi's Sweet Home, though that's beside the point. :D

Everon
Wed, 04-02-2008, 10:25 PM
When the new season comes out, should we make a new thread? This one is getting awfully long. Its hard to keep track of things.

Lucifus
Thu, 04-03-2008, 02:24 AM
I second that Everon.

Board of Command
Thu, 04-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I'll do the honors.

Archangel
Mon, 11-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Ok this has probably already been discussed but just so we're clear:

- Does anyone else have the words " Light Yagami" screamed into their brains every time you see Lelouch?

I just started watching this, i'm on episode 5

PS: That's not a bad thing, i loved Death Note

Kraco
Mon, 11-10-2008, 11:20 AM
- Does anyone else have the words " Light Yagami" screamed into their brains every time you see Lelouch?

When I saw Light Yagami, my brain screamed: Lelouch.

Nah, not really. There are more and older intelligent anti-heroes in the history of fiction than these two chaps. And you have to realise for those who watched timely the two series, there were only two days separating them, so the situation was far different compared to people, who first watched one fully, then later the other. Though having read the Death Note manga might have affected this, naturally, for some, especially since there was a lack of an analogous Code Geass manga.

Junior
Mon, 11-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Ok this has probably already been discussed but just so we're clear:

I just started watching this, i'm on episode 5

PS: That's not a bad thing, i loved Death Note

Noooooo. Don't compare the 2. Somehow, Lelouch is better than Light. He stayed true to his intentions through the series (Slight spoiler? I dunno)

But seriously, I have to admit, Lelouch's voice actor is brilliant. /random

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Noooooo. Don't compare the 2. Somehow, Lelouch is better than Light. He stayed true to his intentions through the series (Slight spoiler? I dunno)

I'd go with the idea that Lelouch was less twisted, nor did he kill people simply to hide his identity. I guess Lelouch was smart, but true (as you said), in a more childish way. His goal was to make gentle world for someone he loved, and found a way to realise that. Light was bored of life when he got his power. Then he wanted to be God.

But seriously, I have to admit, Lelouch's voice actor is brilliant. /random

I agree, though throughout last season's shows, that sort of backfired, since I heard Lelouch everywhere :p

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I agree, though throughout last season's shows, that sort of backfired, since I heard Lelouch everywhere :p
It can be a lot worse the other way around, trust me. Every time I heard the Emperor's voice (Norio Wakamoto) across the two seasons, I only thought of this yellow ball.
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/5336/shinobuflf03pc5ab4.th.jpg (http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shinobuflf03pc5ab4.jpg)http://img389.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I thought of gargoyle (from the yoshinaga anime) every time. It made me laugh each time, so I was never able to take the emperor seriously.

Archangel
Wed, 11-12-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't think ive ever finished an anime so quickly.

I really just have one thing to say about this series:

- Episode 22 has to be the most fucked up episode in the history of anime, and seeing the pink princess going nuts was a moment that made this anime go to my top 10

Watching the sequel right now

PS: I'm amazed at the amount of sigs and avatars that i now get since i began watching this

animus
Wed, 11-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Same thing happened with my cousin. I gave him my burnt DVD's of season 1 Geass, and he powered through them in a day. He just couldn't stop watching, so he says.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 11-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I don't think ive ever finished an anime so quickly.

I really just have one thing to say about this series:

- Episode 22 has to be the most fucked up episode in the history of anime, and seeing the pink princess going nuts was a moment that made this anime go to my top 10

Watching the sequel right now

PS: I'm amazed at the amount of sigs and avatars that i now get since i began watching this

Hehe, got caught up in the series eh?

Archangel
Wed, 11-12-2008, 01:58 PM
In fact i'm very disappointed with all of you!

I thought we were friends, why didn't anyone tell me about this awesome show sooner??

I've even been reducing the number of my douchey posts lately ( a little bit ), i hope this doesn't happen again :p

TheBladeChild
Wed, 11-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Lol you said yourself, "I'm amazed at the amount of sigs and avatars that i now get since i began watching this". This alone should have been the first sign that this was a great series.

Kraco
Wed, 11-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Not to mention the threads for the two seasons have a few thousand posts combined...

Archangel
Wed, 11-12-2008, 02:09 PM
No shit!

It's like CC and kallen have invaded gotwoot using the power of her boobs :p

TheBladeChild
Wed, 11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Bastard, enjoying the series for the first time....im kinda jealous.

Archangel
Wed, 11-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Im already on season 2 episode 18, so you wont have to jealous for long

Im pretty sure that watching this much anime in so little time is bad for my health... but i really just don't give a fuck, i demand more CC

salmonman78
Tue, 06-30-2009, 04:13 AM
Just started watching, enjoying it alot but having a issue with the subs, can't get it to display with Windows Media Player and it will work on Divx but looks like some of the letters are cut off. Dunno if just something I need to fiddle with to fix or actually part of the files themselves for the series.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Zombie thread ftw!

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-30-2009, 04:21 AM
[gg]'s mkv files worked fine for me when I watched them. Do they work in Media Player Classic?

Board of Command
Tue, 06-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Make sure VSFilter is installed properly.

salmonman78
Wed, 07-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Loaded up just perfect in Media Player Classic, used to love Divx but guess its time has gone.

Excellent series, nice mix of mecha and magical stuff.