PDA

View Full Version : Hope?

David Craft
Fri, 10-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Well I was rewatching the new intro/ending and I noticed something from the ending.... SO I went and got a screen shot and its a very interesting screen shot. Has my hopes up. Some of you may recognise what im talking about

And its from the Anime itself which means its not a spoiler or anything.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9348/narutojr2.jpg

Interesting hmm?

nests
Fri, 10-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Hmmm indeed. well it has been over a year so I woulnt be surpriced if they stared with the original story before the year ends

David Craft
Fri, 10-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Aye we can hope so...

If this is false hope im going to go KILL them for getting my hopes up lol

Assertn
Fri, 10-13-2006, 11:07 AM
someone mentioned this in the episode thread.....but i think people started reporting it as a spoiler so he removed it.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-13-2006, 11:11 AM
What was that, the return of Mutata?

Assertn
Fri, 10-13-2006, 11:13 AM
I dunno....too bad he picked an inopportune time to start his banme spree. I was probably the only one that saw them.

David Craft
Fri, 10-13-2006, 02:31 PM
hmm well thats why I didnt MENTION anything... its just a screen shot. Ppl that know what it is KNOW what it is *shrugs*

I

p0ltergeist
Fri, 10-13-2006, 05:05 PM
This means that they acknowledge our suffering.... well not OUR suffering, but this could mean that there is starting to be some backlash from the fillers even in Japan. This certainly doesn't mean the fillers will end anytime soon, as the manga is simply not far enough ahead right now to make this possible. If they started Part2 now, then we'd be caught up to the manga again within about 1.25 years, and we'd be back to another long haul of fillers.

In order to prevent another stretch of fillers like this one, then they will need to start putting fillers in between (and probably during) the new manga arcs. Smaller doses of Part2 fillers would be very favorable to what we have now. Heck, even whole filler arcs during part2 would be a welcome change.

It would also help if Kishimoto's weekly manga releases weren't always 2-4 pages below the normal shonen jump quota. I don't know how he gets away with that, but it really slows down the progress of the story, and consequently, the anime.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 10-14-2006, 07:46 AM
In order to prevent another stretch of fillers like this one, then they will need to start putting fillers in between (and probably during) the new manga arcs. Smaller doses of Part2 fillers would be very favorable to what we have now. Heck, even whole filler arcs during part2 would be a welcome change.No, no no no.

As much as this multiyear long filler stretch is kill me, I much prefer it this way than interspaced in between every arc. The main reason for this is, it lifts out much easier. When it comes time to buy DVDs, it's alot easier to just not buy several volumes in a row. Rather than having bits and pieces of all these filler arcs across several volumes.

Second reason is having a shitload of filler during a time period that the manga skips over anyway means minimal impact on the REAL story. Whereas you start inserting filler between two arcs that take place one right after the other and you could start fucking up the story.

Putting all this filler in all at once is one of the only things the Naruto people are doing right. If they'd just make longer, better written arcs like Bleach is, instead of these throwaway miniarcs, I probably wouldn't even be complaining.

Assertn
Sat, 10-14-2006, 12:14 PM
hmm well thats why I didnt MENTION anything... its just a screen shot. Ppl that know what it is KNOW what it is *shrugs*

I
lol David Craft

We're not talking about YOUR sorry excuse for a spoiler pic.

BioAlien
Sat, 10-14-2006, 02:31 PM
yes, i posted the same screenshot in the episode thread, too bad kAi consider it as a spoiler and just to be an ass, removed it.
how can it be a spoiler if it was shown in the anime?
-,-

Assertn
Sat, 10-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Kai was just responding to a report someone else made on your post.

David Craft
Sat, 10-14-2006, 08:52 PM
lol David Craft

We're not talking about YOUR sorry excuse for a spoiler pic.

Yes my sorry excuse for a spoiler. I will attempt to do better next time and post a realy GOOD spoiler *nods* :p

Anyways yah I figured those "edited out spoiler" things in the ep thread were about this but w/e

Board of Command
Sat, 10-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Putting all this filler in all at once is one of the only things the Naruto people are doing right. If they'd just make longer, better written arcs like Bleach is, instead of these throwaway miniarcs, I probably wouldn't even be complaining.
Yeah I wonder why they're not making one huge filler arc like Bleach. The Bleach filler arc is actually pretty good. Naruto is a similar kind of show and something like that would certainly work very well.

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-15-2006, 01:08 AM
*thought we already had a thread on this...*

Sapphire
Sun, 10-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Yeah I wonder why they're not making one huge filler arc like Bleach. The Bleach filler arc is actually pretty good. Naruto is a similar kind of show and something like that would certainly work very well.

It could, but what if the filler arc was bad? Naruto viewers nowadays have a hit-or-miss chance of watching a filler good arc. Although them focusing on one story may have made the quality of the filler arc go up a bit; given the amount of hatred for fillers at the moment, I don't think they could do it. And one continuous story for one and a half plus years-- I think that that would change the storyline more than just a bunch of small forgetable arcs.

Board of Command
Sun, 10-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Nothing could be worse than over one year's worth of episodes consisting of nonsense during the period in the storyline when Naruto is supposed to be training. The individual arcs will be forgettable, but this stretch of fillers of unprecedented length will be remembered in the years to come...and that's assuming they don't pull a Kenshin.

The situations in both the Naruto and Bleach storylines are very similar. Both fillers take place during a period where nothing really happens. The characters are just preparing for the upcoming stuff (Sasuke / Aizen). The Bleach filler arc has been successful because it is actually semi-relevant to the plot. Ichigo gets to work on his bankai during the fight against the Bounto and later on it won't have such a huge impact on the overall storyline.

However in Naruto's case, none of the small filler arcs have anything to do with the story and they all have zero effect on the overall plot. They're just "random" events that happen. What if they do a big filler arc like Bleach but it's bad? Well, that shouldn't happen if they put some effort into it to actually make it good. I mean, if the Bleach one works then Naruto should work too because they're both in identical situations.

And I do realize it's too late now to start a big filler arc. I'm just saying they should have done it in the beginning. All this Naruto-hate is the result of what's not working right now, and that's the small filler arcs they've been mass producing.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-15-2006, 10:32 PM
And I do realize it's too late now to start a big filler arc. I'm just saying they should have done it in the beginning. All this Naruto-hate is the result of what's not working right now, and that's the small filler arcs they've been mass producing.Well said. It's too late to fix it now because they've already been fucking it up for over a year.

I think they're best bet for a long arc would actually have been the Mizuki arc. The idea of a bunch of criminals breaking out of a ninja prison is solid. And you could have different teams going after different criminals. Some even chasing them into other countries or not even being tracked down till months later after they're in the middle of some evil plot.

Kraco
Mon, 10-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Technically speaking a longer arc would be far easier to make fine than a short one. A short arc of few episodes just don't allow great many things that make a story good, like developed characters and places or an intriguing plot that is not evident right from the beginning.

I wrote a long ago in some thread that a restricted, long filler plot including only a select and somewhat small group of genins from Konoha sent to some other place for some solid reason could have been the best. If the filler story was dozens of episodes long, they could have then introduced novel characters slowly and intelligently, and they would have become likable (or really hated as villains), and thus relevant. And most of all, anything could have happened to these new characters. And if the number of old Konoha people was limited, then not all the focus would be on them, and the new characters wouldn't be marginalized.

But now the situation has been totally static, as long as it matters, because all familiar people are Konoha ninja, and nothing can happen to them in fillers. Honestly the person mainly responsible for making the decision of having fillers like these should be demoted or fired.