PDA

View Full Version : Radio Gotwoot?

Deadfire
Wed, 10-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Link (http://www.gotwoot.net:8080/listen.pls) and Link 2 (http://radio.gotwoot.net:8080/stream.m3u)

Run the link in Winamp, Real player, iTunes or MPC and you will be able to listen in to the GW staff boardcasting music.

Yes it is currently me, and as a shame-less plug post would not be complete without me telling you you can ask for requests of sorts in IRC

Enjoy :)

Genma
Wed, 10-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Gwahaha... techno. D:

*kills self*

ChaosK
Wed, 10-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Gwahaha... techno. D:

*kills self*

You realize there's more than one song and he plays all different types of them right?

Zinobi
Wed, 10-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Yes he does play a variety of songs...but what do you have against techno?
I would also stream but I do not know how to with foobar.

Arcn3ss
Thu, 10-12-2006, 12:31 AM
Radio Gotwoot ftw.

Play some more Yui!!!!

Kraco
Thu, 10-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Gwahaha... techno. D:

You realize there's more than one song and he plays all different types of them right?

Aye... I was there when DF launched the radio with the hottest hits straight from Ivory Coast. Gradually he moved to more familiar music, yet had time to play Nigerian tribal war songs before reaching his own shores and those of Japan (FSN soundtrack of course, what else could it be from that devoted Saber fanboy?).

Genma
Thu, 10-12-2006, 09:13 AM

Yes, but when I first turned it on it was techno.

Yes he does play a variety of songs...but what do you have against techno?

Not much... other than the fact that it isn't really music and is just a bunch of computerized things making noise. Sure, some of it is catchy, but the majority of it sucks.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 10-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Many moons ago there was a gotwoot radio station linked to the front page. This was in the ancient times when the front page contained news of new torrents. It went away one day as all things do. This doesn't really sound similar to me, but it brings back nice memories. Thanks DF.

-ShamanLongHair

(I think I'm losing my damn mind.)

ChaosK
Sat, 10-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Aye... I was there when DF launched the radio with the hottest hits straight from Ivory Coast. Gradually he moved to more familiar music, yet had time to play Nigerian tribal war songs before reaching his own shores and those of Japan (FSN soundtrack of course, what else could it be from that devoted Saber fanboy?).

Lol the 1st song I heard was from the FSN soundtrack.

complich8
Sat, 10-14-2006, 11:38 PM
this is about the most halfassed way possible to set up a radio station, btw =D (I should know, I set it up ;)). No continuous feed, no request system, in short nothing really notable about it... it's just shoutcast's binary with a config tweak waiting for someone who knows the password to stream to it. The best technology 2001-2002 had to offer :-p.

You're right though, we have done this before (roughly the same level of half-assitude though). Ended up just sort of dying off on its own. For a while, we also ran a link to kawaii radio (http://www.kawaii-radio.net), which some of my friends run. They're a lot more ... pro about how they do things. I think it was in with a batch of about 8 or 9 other random sites, and whoever did the redesign at that point decided that that was really, really lame looking having all those little crappy affil image-links and such, and omitted them. Not that we were actually affiliated with them, or even had anything directly to do with them ... just a random link.

*shrug*

Deadfire
Wed, 02-21-2007, 10:43 PM
It seems complich8's collection of tracks is pretty random.

Anyways the current link to our own radio is here (http://radio.gotwoot.net:8080/stream.m3u)

Currently it is complich8 DJing enjoy!

dragonrage
Wed, 02-21-2007, 11:22 PM
yep it is definitely worth checking out.

complich8
Thu, 02-22-2007, 02:44 AM
I'm going to keep it fed for a while, but I don't know how long. Probably as long as people want to listen to it -- or until I get bored with it, whichever comes first. I really wish there were a good headless feeder daemon for linux, so I didn't have to run winamp to keep it fed. But my friends who run k-r feel the same way :p.

Spiegel
Thu, 02-22-2007, 01:43 PM
I loved listening last night, gave me some new choices besides the stuff I have had for ages. I might start listening when I get home from school, I like what is playing.

KitKat
Thu, 03-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Now playing: Metal Hour with KitKat!

Probably not standard fare for many of you, but you never know, could be fun!

Munsu
Fri, 03-09-2007, 01:09 AM
New DJ in town... on at the moment, who could it be? Fire up GW Radio and find out.

complich8
Fri, 03-09-2007, 02:20 AM
why oh why do I keep giving that info out?? :p

Assassin
Fri, 03-09-2007, 04:11 AM
perhaps i should try my hand at DJing as well now :p

Munsu
Fri, 03-09-2007, 03:22 PM
perhaps i should try my hand at DJing as well now :p
Won't do you any good... I got complete monopoly over it now.

Lucifus
Fri, 03-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Bud, ya play the best stuff! I definatly gotta get my hands on these tracks.:D
Where can I find this stuff? Torrents seem totally useless when it comes to em.

Edit: Hmm, Love Tropicana is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard. o.0

Munsu
Fri, 03-09-2007, 03:43 PM
It would be helpful if you told me what song you're reffering to... was it an anime song?

For anime I just use IRC

Lucifus
Fri, 03-09-2007, 03:45 PM
HmmZ, like "Loosey Strips" and Halcali "Tip Tap Tip" I think.

Munsu
Fri, 03-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Bud, ya play the best stuff! I definatly gotta get my hands on these tracks.:D
Where can I find this stuff? Torrents seem totally useless when it comes to em.

Edit: Hmm, Love Tropicana is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard. o.0
Lol, that's from Hare and Guu... wierdest anime ever too...

Tip Tap is from Eureka seveN ED and Loosey is the OP from Bakuretsu Tenshi.

For more questions, ask me in IRC.

Lucifus
Sat, 03-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Sup with the Radio? No one Djing?:confused: :(

Munsu
Sun, 03-11-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm DJ'ing now. Will be playing 80's music through the night.

Lucifus
Sun, 03-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Stop downloading! =( You have to be downloading Torrents, playing Counterstrike or something. :rolleyes: Nice change. 80's music for the win!:cool:

Munsu
Tue, 04-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I turned on the radio, will be playing anime music for now with random songs playing.

Spiegel
Thu, 04-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Thank you Bud, Been wondering when it would be fired up again. Can't wait to listen.

EDIT:Well. It doesn't seem to be working for me... are you now streaming anymore?

Munsu
Thu, 04-26-2007, 12:22 AM
You're one day late... but sure, I just turned it on.

Spiegel
Thu, 04-26-2007, 12:29 AM
I am always late, but thank you. I am enjoying it thoroughly right now.