PDA

View Full Version : Red Garden

Munsu
Tue, 10-10-2006, 03:02 AM
This is one of the series I've been really waiting for. Hopefully it'll deliver.

First episode by gg:
http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5bgg%5d_Red_Garden_01_%5bE60B7DEA%5d.mkv.torrent

"New York...girls who approach together being introduced by cruel fates...conflicts, and feuding over their sense of values...

Kate, Rose, and Rachel go to a same school.

Since the morning, they’ve been feeling something strange. They are informed of a sudden death of a classmate, Leeds. In the evening, being in grief, the girls gather in an empty warehouse street as if they were led by something.

Usually, they are not in company, but coincidentally, they had the same strange feelings, and they lost their memories of the last night. When they hear someone’s footsteps and turn, there is a strange couple. The woman notifies them a surprising truth sounds like a lie;“ You are dead” "

http://anime.excite.co.jp/redgarden/
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4522

Munsu
Tue, 10-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Anyone seen the first episode yet? I just watched it and liked it. It's pretty interesting and mysterious, I'll keep following it.

Lucifus
Tue, 10-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Downloading right now, will comment. :cool:

Zati
Thu, 10-19-2006, 03:34 AM
Episode 2 by gg

http://ggkthx.org/torrents/[gg]_Red_Garden_02_[A5F360C3].mkv.torrent

Munsu
Thu, 10-19-2006, 04:28 AM
Just watched the second episode, really liked it. I find it lame when the characters start singing, but whatever. I find the story interesting, and it seems like it'll have pretty good action.

Kraco
Thu, 10-19-2006, 04:57 AM
I watched the first episode, but I have to drop this series. I find the character design rather unpleasant, personally, and the scene of one of the characters singing wasn't very impressive at all. But mainly it's the character design.

Well, it's not like everybody would need to like every series.

Munsu
Thu, 10-19-2006, 05:00 AM
I don't mind the character design much, I just set my mind to consider it a shoujo design, and just deal with it. It's something different from what I usually watch, so one episode every so weeks with this unique design I can tolerate. As for the singing, I just fast forward the part, so it doesn't bother me much.

Still, I've never been too critical on character design, for me story > character design any time. It's probably why I'm usually pissed when people don't give Fantastic Children a chance just because they don't like the designs, and it's one of my favorite shows plot-wise.

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-27-2006, 02:16 AM
episode 3 is out

Red Garden - Episode 3 - gg fansubs (http://ggkthx.org/torrents/%5bgg%5d_Red_Garden_03_%5b86309631%5d.mkv.torrent)

....and i'm going to stop following this series. ...wonder if anyone is still watching this one?

NeoBear
Tue, 02-13-2007, 07:17 AM
just got done watching episode 16 if you stoped watching trust me its better much better start dling buddies =O

shinta|hikari
Tue, 02-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Seconded. This show is really good, with a good mix of character development and mystery, as well as realism that makes it more believable.

dark maginn
Wed, 02-14-2007, 12:14 AM
just watch the first ep and i liked it so dling the other eps

NeoBear
Wed, 02-14-2007, 02:56 AM
its alot better now there has been a ton of build up and this episode was like a speeding train from the start to the finish. the biggest thing the show has going for it at the moment is the character interactions and dialogue. I had given up on any chance of real action in this show but the last few action scenes have killed that idea.

oyabun
Wed, 02-14-2007, 07:02 AM
is red garden that good? ill start downloading it now.

NeoBear
Wed, 02-14-2007, 08:35 AM
well i cant say when it "got better" as i have kind of liked it since day 1 but i can say that the pace of things has quickend and that some of the plot has started to relly unfold. lets put it this way if you get to episode 14 and still have a bleah feeling you might wanna stop but im starting to crave more of this show.

thre is no more singing after the first 2-3 episodes

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, I think the whole show was good. The slow exposition is for for character and situation development. Without it, it wouldnt be as good as it is now. If I had to compare it, it is like the madlax and hack series. If you cant stand those, then maybe one should stay away from red gardern.

oyabun
Wed, 02-14-2007, 09:17 AM
I really don't like stories that has slow plot development but in this, i might try to watch stuff like this again.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-14-2007, 09:47 AM
I think the reason red garden has such a small fanbase is because it tried so many things different, such as the art, the singing, the setting, the characters, and maybe even the story all at the same time. A lot of people are put off if they find something completely alien to them.

Munsu
Fri, 03-16-2007, 08:20 AM
I think the reason red garden has such a small fanbase is because it tried so many things different, such as the art, the singing, the setting, the characters, and maybe even the story all at the same time. A lot of people are put off if they find something completely alien to them.
Yet, they are the first ones to complain when the anime they're watching is full of clichés and "rip-offs". I myself find that this is a very very good series. The only down side, I'd say is the amount of dialogue, it's too much at times and repititive. Luckily, I find most of the character insteractions very good, so I don't mind it much... the series could've used a bit of more action, like what we saw in episode 16, it was awesome.

Well, I've finally caught up after putting the series on hold for a while JC and Lula could've used more screen time, at least Lula still have a chance to show more appearances. And I want Paula to hurry up and get all lesbian with Kate, and finally reveal any secrets that are left if any. Four more episodes to go, hopefully they'll be good. I think that this will have a very sad ending regardless, but I know it will be a satisfying one with few plot holes remaining and loose ends.

Yukimura
Sun, 03-18-2007, 04:17 AM
Just caught up with this one, it's been very interesting so far. I'm not sure if it's cliché or not since I don't usually watch whatever genre this show counts as but I like most of the charachters and I like the way they interact and the show feels real to me. I do wish there was more action, however the stuff in ep 16 seemed to come out of nowhere and I didn't like that, since most everything else in the show was been decently explained. The Blonde Brotherhood (my name for the Hervé faction) guys having the super jump powers felt like it came out of nowhere.

The girls and their issues are similar to WB show charachters with powers like Buffy or Clark Kent. It's interesting to see a Japanese take on that archetype, and Red Garden has been much more interesting outside the 'powers' than either of those shows were to me initially (likely due to the lack of the 'freak of the week' system the generally plagues that type of show in its first few seasons).

Munsu
Thu, 03-22-2007, 07:29 AM
I know most of you guys finished the series already, but I just watched episode 19.

So the other policeman got shot also. I thought that he would live a little longer, man those policemen wasted their time for nothing. So, it seems like Herme will have no choice but to try and save Kate, for his sister's sake and I think he may have a little bit of afection at least. But damnit, they keep teasing me with the lesbian actions and now that Kate was caught, I think that the president of Grace is going to become rash and try to save her and die in the process... the thought of it is pissing me off.

RPG2000
Sat, 03-24-2007, 03:02 AM
Nice series overall. Story was quite intriguing form episode one ‘till the end, but got to say that its execution could have been done better, especially towards the end. Character development was great and the best part of the show, imo. You clearly can see the changes the characters undergo as they interact with each other during the whole series. I found them likeable and quite interesting. As far animation goes, I have to say I was really pleased. Consistence was kept form episode to episode and battles went smooth and were well presented.

About the ending itself, I would say it was alright. It gave the sensation of completeness at least. However, it could have been better. I felt that the explanation about the curse was quite uninteresting and rushed, as well its final resolution. The level of drama wasn’t as good as previous episodes (ex: ep.1 and ep.16) (imo, the last episodes of an action/thriller/romance series should have the best drama of all). I also wasn’t that impress about the fight between the two bands as well the death of some of the characters (they just died like regular BG characters…well at least that was the feeling I got)

Even though all that, I have to say the series was fun to watch ‘till the end. No regrets whatsoever.

Munsu
Sat, 03-24-2007, 03:12 AM
I actually thought that the drama in the final episode was very good. The scenes with Herve and his dying sister were extraordinary, and even though Lula died, she pretty much giving Herve one of the blows that killed him was, in my opinion, a nice detail. I also thought that the 4 girls going to sleep while Lise was talking about how she's found love as she disappeared was a nice touch too.

I do agree with you that the curse explanation felt rushed. But, there's an OVA coming up, and some of these questions and complaints we have might be resolved in the OVA.

Munsu
Mon, 10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Well, finally someone released the Dead Girls: Red Garden OVA... it's out by Animanda. Don't have a torrent at the moment, but you can get it from #animanda @ irc.rizon.net

darkshadow
Tue, 10-07-2008, 03:17 AM
Great, i mean didn't the ova air like a year ago?