PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 202-204

woofcat
Sun, 10-08-2006, 08:53 PM
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n202-203-204.torrent
go go go

Knives122
Sun, 10-08-2006, 09:06 PM
what is this 1:30 hr. special even about?

UChessmaster
Sun, 10-08-2006, 09:26 PM
more filler with team 8 as far as i know

BioAlien
Sun, 10-08-2006, 09:28 PM
finally! it's out!

but err... why do i get 0 seed?
Tracker Status: offline (timed out)

ook.. what the hell? am i the only one to who that happen?

xDarkMaster
Sun, 10-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Because there are only 6 total right now.

stratosthegreek
Sun, 10-08-2006, 09:32 PM
yea i'm having Connection Error (timeout) on the tracker status as well...but i can still see the comments posted for the tracker, some say yay fillers over and some say noo fillers still going on...oh well

BioAlien
Sun, 10-08-2006, 09:33 PM
nvm.. went on Dattebayo website bittorrent page...

Error: tracker down, someone fucked up, other error, you got banned, etc.

let's all wait...

wready99
Sun, 10-08-2006, 09:51 PM
From the announce at the top on the right:

Tracker downtime 11:30AM to 12:00 JST October 9th 2006

There will be scheduled tracker downtime from 11:30AM to 12:00 JST October 9th 2006. Yes, about 40 minutes after naruto 202-203-204 is released. No, it has nothing to do with that. Server is getting moved to a different rack.

woofcat
Sun, 10-08-2006, 09:53 PM
If you use Azureus and you have DHT turned on it should still work with slower speeds.

Knives122
Sun, 10-08-2006, 10:01 PM
just go to the Dattebayo site and dl the link there, it works

BioAlien
Sun, 10-08-2006, 10:16 PM
If you use Azureus and you have DHT turned on it should still work with slower speeds.

DHT is not allowed on DB

the tracker seems to be fine right now, downloading at 70kb/s ~

LaZie
Sun, 10-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Yes its just more filler.

BioAlien
Mon, 10-09-2006, 12:14 AM
well, i just finished watching it.

It was not half bad. Naruto being stupid as alway.
funny part, Akamaru peeing on Naruto while he is "sleeping"

filler are almost over!

next episode to air october 19, im looking forward to see it :)

Removed Spoiler

Kraco
Mon, 10-09-2006, 04:41 AM
Well, I suppose it was decent as far as fillers go. Nothing spectacular, and I was expecting better. I had a feeling, all the time while watching this, that Kurenai's character was pretty stretched, but who knows; she hasn't had that much screen time during the show, so it's not like her character was ever as strong as Kakashi or Gai. Well, it had its moments. And the plot might still offer something better; at least the scale is quite broad.

Removed Spoiler

Sapphire
Mon, 10-09-2006, 10:09 AM
This episode was... meh. I miss the intensity of Naruto and everyone's eyes. Now all the characters are just hollow shells of.. meh.

The good vibes I got from the opening theme got me through the first 20 minutes or so good natured, but they overused old ideas that used to be cool (Like how Kurenai blended into the air when she used her genjutsu) too much.

In retrospect, I probably only watched this episode because I had a small blind half hope that it would be as cool as it's opening theme. o_O

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Bio caught the same thing I did that makes me extremely hopeful as well.

As for the episode itself, it was mediocre. The plot isn't that bad. But the action blows. Apparently in the entire realm of illusion based ninja magic, the only two illusions that exist are invisibility and trees.

Filler writers once again showing their complete inability to flex their creative muscles.

Kraco
Mon, 10-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah. That was the main thing that bothered me as well when watching this. The action would have been far better otherwise. Even Kurenai's sakura petal jutsu wasn't so different that it would have saved it. And naturally they repeated that as well.

Actually the painting genjutsu by the girl was the only bright spot technique wise in this special. The very beginning with painting the storm and the lightning bolt wasn't bad at all.

kimbap629
Mon, 10-09-2006, 11:36 AM
im very hopeful for the fillers ending soon...

and this 90 min filler seems to be less filler-ish in that it actually involved konoha village and the konoha shinobi instead of like ramen ninjas, tony the tiger mizuki, water sea monsters, etc..that the fillers have been showing us for over a year now~

so with that, it seems like they're actually thinking about stopping filler. too bad next week there's no naruto (but i guess this is a good sign because 1 less filler epi we need to suffere thru at the cost of no naruto at all during a week...)

BioAlien
Mon, 10-09-2006, 03:20 PM
too bad next week there's no naruto (but i guess this is a good sign because 1 less filler epi we need to suffere thru at the cost of no naruto at all during a week...)

to make a longer episode they need to cut somewhere, that why like 2-3 week ago there was no naruto and the week after was just a normal episode, and next week, no episode. it mean they took the 60min from each week to mix it to the 30min of this week naruto filler. so it just make sence that next week = no episode

Conders
Mon, 10-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Not half bad in my oppinion acctually... And I believe that this do show the stop of fillers is in sight, not just because of the ending, but also because they showed a bit of Kurenai's past... It was only the part related to the episode, but I don't belive the filler creators can make up people's past when it's a non-filller character?

Sorry if there are som typeoes but I'm pretty tired : p

dellthx
Mon, 10-09-2006, 04:10 PM
before i d/l this special i wanted to know if the arc was only these three eps or not, ? rather watch the whole arc all at the same time.

Conders
Mon, 10-09-2006, 05:02 PM
The arc is longer than these three eps ; p

Necromas
Mon, 10-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Speculation (spoilers of Ep 202-204, duh):

-Their clan was planning against Konoha, probably an usurping or something, and the third discovered their intentions.

-The clan planned to use Yamakos powers for their malicious intentions.

-Yamakos parents were "good guys" and went against the rest of the clan, so they were killed to get them out of the way and give the clan access to Yamakos powers.

-The third decided that the best way to avoid a civil war was to seal Yamakos powers, and place her in Kurenais care, trying to keep the whole incident under wraps.

darkmetal505
Mon, 10-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Yakumo is the bad guy. They never explained her smirk when she hugged Kurenai. Yay, finally someone acknowledged Sakura's non-existent skills as a medical ninja. Go Sakura!

bxgreatone87
Mon, 10-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Well hopefully the fillers will ends soon judgeing from the intro/ending. Theyt both made it seem like the fillers will end soon and begining the episode with naruto thinking of jiraya is a plus in that direction. Hopefully this is the last arc that would just be awesome.

I didnt like these episodes much because they used the same genjutsu over and over again it was getting pathetic. You would think being masters of genjutsu they would have multiple jutsu's at thier disposal.

darkmetal505
Mon, 10-09-2006, 09:21 PM
I didnt like these episodes much because they used the same genjutsu over and over again it was getting pathetic. You would think being masters of genjutsu they would have multiple jutsu's at thier disposal.

True, and it just showed how inconsistent genjutsus are. It was stupid.

Aeon
Mon, 10-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Speculation (spoilers of Ep 202-204, duh):

-Their clan was planning against Konoha, probably an usurping or something, and the third discovered their intentions.

-The clan planned to use Yamakos powers for their malicious intentions.

-Yamakos parents were "good guys" and went against the rest of the clan, so they were killed to get them out of the way and give the clan access to Yamakos powers.

-The third decided that the best way to avoid a civil war was to seal Yamakos powers, and place her in Kurenais care, trying to keep the whole incident under wraps.

The old guy mentioned something about manipulating her so that scene with Karanai and the Third was maybe Genjutsu to turn her against the village. Her power was prob sealed cause it's the cause of her illness. And man Genjutsu fights are boring.

Monomate
Mon, 10-09-2006, 09:40 PM
There's a thing I don't understand... Wasn't last week episode the "Naruto 202"? How come this week they call the 90 min special "Naruto 202-203-204"? There are two episode 202???

Assertn
Mon, 10-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Not half bad in my oppinion acctually... And I believe that this do show the stop of fillers is in sight, not just because of the ending, but also because they showed a bit of Kurenai's past... It was only the part related to the episode, but I don't belive the filler creators can make up people's past when it's a non-filller character?

Sorry if there are som typeoes but I'm pretty tired : p

Not necessarily.....
A person's past covers a time span much longer than you'd ever actually see from any manga/movie/tv show.....until there's something like a real live "Truman Show" at least.

fahoumh
Mon, 10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
There's a thing I don't understand... Wasn't last week episode the "Naruto 202"? How come this week they call the 90 min special "Naruto 202-203-204"? There are two episode 202???

"Edit: Strange note, former episode 202 the Best Five Bouts episode is no longer considered part of the series run by Studio Pierrot. Meaning 203 has now become 202."

This was on the front page of Leaf Ninja (www.leafninja.com/index.php)

EDIT: Now it seems as though it's changed back to 203-204-205

"Edit 2: Stranger note, former episode 202, the Best Five Bouts episode, is now considered episode 202 again on Studio Pierrot’s official site. Weirdness."

Animeniax
Tue, 10-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Dang, pretty good episode(s), especially for filler. I watched all 3 episodes without stopping, it was that involving and kept me wondering what was going to happen next. So far it has a good, somewhat thought-out storyline with suspense and questions. The arc star being Kurenai really helps. Wow, she's a babe. They really need to develop her character in the main story more. I'd like to see some good cosplay of Kurenai! It's weird that Asuma hasn't made an appearance, since those two are probably close. I also like how they're again using each character's techniques to progress the storyline and action sequences, instead of having team members just tag along.

I don't like how people here are griping about repeat use of genjutsu techniques. It's not a deal breaker, so quit yer whinin'.

And Sakura played a big part in these episodes, which was cool too.

Episode(s) score: B+/A--

I would pay BIG MONEY for that painting of Kurenai with the light beam through her heart. I'd hang that in my den.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-10-2006, 05:21 AM
Anime, just take a screenshot or something. XD

I don't know about the arc with Anko, but the makers of Naruto are screwing themselves bigtime if they're going to make an arc of every single jounin in the series. Even Sasuke himself didn't even get more than two or three episodes, and that was just a majority of them. Things were happening in the backrgound. Sooner or later Kishimoto is going to say something like, "What! I wanted Anko to really be a blah-blah-blah! But you guys blah-blah-blah!" Or something like that.

But then again, this isn't really the "history" of Kurenai as we're tending to name it. It's just something that happened in the past. Not more than two or three years ago. I stlil havn't heard any personal information about Kurenai: parents, hometown, siblings... When it all comes down to it, everything we've seen for the past one and a half years or so was just BS that is as unmemorable as some random cosplay event for Fullmetal Alchemist. God help me if we start having intense debates about what's-his-face and the magical curry potion. Oh, looks like I already forgot his name.

Is it just me, or do all the filler character's faces blend together real easy?

DarthEnderX
Tue, 10-10-2006, 06:09 AM
I don't know about the arc with Anko, but the makers of Naruto are screwing themselves bigtime if they're going to make an arc of every single jounin in the series. Even Sasuke himself didn't even get more than two or three episodes, and that was just a majority of them. Things were happening in the backrgound. Sooner or later Kishimoto is going to say something like, "What! I wanted Anko to really be a blah-blah-blah! But you guys blah-blah-blah!" Or something like that.It's also entirely possible that he'd also go, "Anko? I used her in like 3 episodes. 2 years ago. You want to go into her past? Go nuts. I wasn't gonna bother. I still have a half a dozen gennins I still have to write traumatic flashbacks for."

Necromas
Tue, 10-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Genjutsu fights really are kind of boring too.

ZOMG pea pod attack!

Yukimura
Tue, 10-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Wow, the whole time I was watching this I was really feeling the clichéness of the fillers. Even while the story was pretty good Naruto's actions and the things that happened to him were essentially just comic relief.

Once again Naruto is blindly sticking his head into places it doesn't belong and in the majority of the eps before the fillers started he didn't do that. Sure he was obnoxious and pushy, but he wouldn't just randomly go and start trying to dictate how jounin should live their lives. He even expressed boredom and dissatisfaction with training by himself....he's been training by himself most of the show, though he almost never seems to improve through training in this fashion he sohould be used to it by now and not acting all depressed about it. In my opinion the fillers do seem to be getting somewhat better storywise, however nearly everything the has to do with Naruto's charachter is just childish idealistic BS. Amazingly he's the main reason I didn't like this filler, instead of the recurring genjutsu theme (which makes sense in so much as the plant binding thing obviously works, so why shouldn't as many people as possible use it?).

RasenDori
Tue, 10-10-2006, 07:50 AM
i find the reocuring genjutsu to be boring and stupid. genjutsu is supposed to play with you mind, and a lot of the time you arent even supposed to know your trapped in genjutsu. but this plant theme is like, "oh i dont see the first hokage anywhere, this must be genjutsu!" i mean what happened to the tricky stuff like the "lucky" guys did in the chuunin exam, or the mind control itachi put on the hot chick, or the down right mind fuck that tayuya did to shikamaru? instead is all tenticle rape with a crap load of othe phalic symbolism. (anybody notice the flower kureinai came out of)

JaySee
Tue, 10-10-2006, 09:17 AM
i find the reocuring genjutsu to be boring and stupid. genjutsu is supposed to play with you mind, and a lot of the time you arent even supposed to know your trapped in genjutsu. but this plant theme is like, "oh i dont see the first hokage anywhere, this must be genjutsu!" i mean what happened to the tricky stuff like the "lucky" guys did in the chuunin exam, or the mind control itachi put on the hot chick, or the down right mind fuck that tayuya did to shikamaru? instead is all tenticle rape with a crap load of othe phalic symbolism. (anybody notice the flower kureinai came out of)

I'm glad I wasn't the only one noticing the sexual innuendo.

Did it bug anyone else that Naruto said TAJUU kage bunshin no jutsu and only 5 clones came out? It should be at least 20 if he goes through the trouble of saying tajuu.

Monomate
Tue, 10-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Dang, pretty good episode(s), especially for filler. I watched all 3 episodes without stopping, it was that involving and kept me wondering what was going to happen next. So far it has a good, somewhat thought-out storyline with suspense and questions. The arc star being Kurenai really helps. Wow, she's a babe. They really need to develop her character in the main story more. I'd like to see some good cosplay of Kurenai! It's weird that Asuma hasn't made an appearance, since those two are probably close. I also like how they're again using each character's techniques to progress the storyline and action sequences, instead of having team members just tag along.

I don't like how people here are griping about repeat use of genjutsu techniques. It's not a deal breaker, so quit yer whinin'.

Episode(s) score: B+/A--

I would pay BIG MONEY for that painting of Kurenai with the light beam through her heart. I'd hang that in my den.

I'm glad thare's at least one person who agrees with me... I noticed everyone on this topic was only talking bad things about this ep so far.
This filler was really good.... Compared to the Star Village Arc, this filler is wonderful...
I don't think the genjutsu battles are THAT boring... They're kinda good, because in 200 episodes of Naruto, genjutsu wasn't explored very well by Kishi and the filler writers. And of course it's a good excuse to see these animators work a bit more, because these last Naruto eps are having such bad animation.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 10-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Sigh, and I who had my hopes up that the fillers would end, but it looks like yet another crappy filler arc is getting in the way of joy.

BioAlien
Tue, 10-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Did it bug anyone else that Naruto said TAJUU kage bunshin no jutsu and only 5 clones came out? It should be at least 20 if he goes through the trouble of saying tajuu.

that also bugged me, why the hell say Tajiuu if you are just going to make only 5 clone!??! that stupid

DarthEnderX
Tue, 10-10-2006, 12:19 PM
instead of the recurring genjutsu theme (which makes sense in so much as the plant binding thing obviously works, so why shouldn't as many people as possible use it?).Well, it's an illusion, so it could look like anything. Chains, ropes, webs, but everybody uses the exact same vines.

Genjutsu only works if you don't KNOW it's an illusion. By having 5 genjutsu ninjas in a row all using the exact same attack, it makes it impossible for it to work.

"Oh look, vines have burst from the ground to ensnare me for the 5th time today. I bet these vines are real unlike the last 4!"

No.

RasenDori
Tue, 10-10-2006, 01:14 PM
is it just me or does all combat genjutsu besides the tsukiyomi seems really weak. i mean it seems the all you have to do is do a "kai" or hurt yourself to get out of it.

I'm glad thare's at least one person who agrees with me... I noticed everyone on this topic was only talking bad things about this ep so far.
This filler was really good.... Compared to the Star Village Arc, this filler is wonderful...
I don't think the genjutsu battles are THAT boring... They're kinda good, because in 200 episodes of Naruto, genjutsu wasn't explored very well by Kishi and the filler writers. And of course it's a good excuse to see these animators work a bit more, because these last Naruto eps are having such bad animation.

you compare something crappy to something even crappier to argue that its good. if i said that id rather drink piss then eat shit would that automaticaly mean that piss taste good?

Genma
Tue, 10-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Typical filler garbage, except three times as long. What distresses me most is that the arc isn't even over.

I don't understand how Kurenai suddenly had psychic abilities (she used a jutsu to discover people?) and a ton of weird techniques. It's like the stupid filler writers got even dumber and decided to butcher a decent character in the manga.

I had to fast forward through some portions of the episode(s), especially the genjutsu fights. The only cool part about the whole thing was when Rock Lee and Gai were training... which was about 10 seconds long, tops.

Kraco
Tue, 10-10-2006, 02:39 PM
is it just me or does all combat genjutsu besides the tsukiyomi seems really weak. i mean it seems the all you have to do is do a "kai" or hurt yourself to get out of it.

I blame the bad execution, lately, for making it look like that. Maybe it's just the way fights are fought in Naruto that unfortunately renders genjutsu worse than it should be. The really interesting fights always last for a long time, but one illusion after another is a bit unlikely technique, like DE said. The exception is something like Mangekyo Sharingan that has the quality of a decisive attack.

I don't think the prefiller Naruto even had that many Kurenai fights... Were there any other fights than the short one against Itachi and the shark guy? If Itachi hadn't been there, we might have seen a good example of how a genjutsu master works (well, a genjutsu master that doesn't have the power of sharingan...).

DarthEnderX
Tue, 10-10-2006, 03:02 PM
No, in fact, the Itachi fight is the only time we've seen most of the Jounin in action. Asuma, Kuranai and Gai have never had a non-filler fight besides that one.

In fact, I still maintain that we don't know jack-shit about how Gai is actually supposed to fight. I mean, obviously he's a Taijutsu master, but unlike Lee, it's never been stated that Gai doesn't know how to use Ninjutsu. I'm wondering what kinds of powers he has besides his Taijutsu.

Mr. Roboto
Tue, 10-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Were there any other fights than the short one against Itachi and the shark guy?

didn't the rain ninjas use genjutsu during the exam? or are you talking about both sides using genjutsu?

DDBen
Tue, 10-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Actually didn't Gai have a non-filler fight with Kakashi by his side during the chuunin exam where they were both counting how many opponents they took down? Given those guys were all chumps.

These episodes felt long to me and quite repetative in the use of genjutsu as most techniques were the same that only left us with interesting counters. What annoyed me the most was how the guy with the catfish mustache attacked the same person TWICE with the same move that didn't work the first time.

Also what happened to the medical Ninja's and the ANBU member? Considering we saw all of the other ninja's bodies in every scene it made no sense they just disappeared and nobody cared at all. Or how about them drying important top secret documents outside on the top of a ungaurded building?

The Tajuu moment was pointless considering Naruto has done the same move with a Kage Bushin as far back as the prelims of the 3rd round of the chuunin exam.

Well this has atleast been better then several of the past arcs but I really can't take many more filler arcs.

Oh and the new opening and ending didn't impress me much at all. Given the sideways DB text for the ending made it hard to read and watch the images at the same time.

Kraco
Tue, 10-10-2006, 03:41 PM
No, in fact, the Itachi fight is the only time we've seen most of the Jounin in action. Asuma, Kuranai and Gai have never had a non-filler fight besides that one.

Actually didn't Gai have a non-filler fight with Kakashi by his side during the chuunin exam where they were both counting how many opponents they took down? Given those guys were all chumps.

Asuma also saved Shikamaru from those same pretty low level sound (or were they sand) chavs in the forest, when Shikamaru were left behind to sidetrack the pursuers. But this, along with that arena fight by Gai and Kakashi, can't really be called real jounin fights. Gai would need to fight against somebody like Zabuza that we would learn anything really interesting.

didn't the rain ninjas use genjutsu during the exam? or are you talking about both sides using genjutsu?
I was talking about Kurenai's fights. "I don't think the prefiller Naruto even had that many Kurenai fights... Were there any other fights than the short one against Itachi and the shark guy?"

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Tue, 10-10-2006, 04:57 PM
eps. was terrible action wise. I get the plant theme for the genjustsu as they are Leaf ninja but to use the same technique over and over again? That was annoying as hell. Also the animation quality seemed even worse then previous fillers. If the person isnt extremely close to the screen then they're drawn rediculosly deformed (the discussion between Gai and Kurenai after Gai finishes with Lee for example) Pierrot needs to fire every animator that worked on the fillers ASAP.

p0ltergeist
Tue, 10-10-2006, 05:55 PM
eps. was terrible action wise. I get the plant theme for the genjustsu as they are Leaf ninja but to use the same technique over and over again? That was annoying as hell. Also the animation quality seemed even worse then previous fillers. If the person isnt extremely close to the screen then they're drawn rediculosly deformed (the discussion between Gai and Kurenai after Gai finishes with Lee for example) Pierrot needs to fire every animator that worked on the fillers ASAP.

Why? It was probably cheap for them to produce it, and everyone is still watching...

Sapphire
Tue, 10-10-2006, 06:54 PM
It's also entirely possible that he'd also go, "Anko? I used her in like 3 episodes. 2 years ago. You want to go into her past? Go nuts. I wasn't gonna bother. I still have a half a dozen gennins I still have to write traumatic flashbacks for."

That's entirely possible too. But somehow I think that doing this sort of thing excessively is bad. I think Kurenai should be the last character they do this too. (Even though they said nothing about her history at all.) Hopefully it's the last filler arc! *coughpraycough*

JaySee
Tue, 10-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Also what happened to the medical Ninja's and the ANBU member? Considering we saw all of the other ninja's bodies in every scene it made no sense they just disappeared and nobody cared at all. Or how about them drying important top secret documents outside on the top of a ungaurded building?

The Tajuu moment was pointless considering Naruto has done the same move with a Kage Bushin as far back as the prelims of the 3rd round of the chuunin exam.

They do mention that the Medical Nin and ANBU are still missing, but they do seem to not care after they get the girl back to the village. So much for protecting everyone from the village.

There's no mention that those documents are top secret. They're most likely just records and paperwork.

The Tajuu thing bugs because it's WRONG. Naruto saying Tajuu implies he's going to make a MASSIVE amount of clones, vs. just saying kage bunshin no jutsu. In non-fillers, when he says Tajuu, something like at least 100 shadow clones appear, not 5. It's like Goku taking 5 episodes powering up saying ka (one episode) me (2nd episode) ha (3rd episode) me (4th episode) ha (5th episode) and a pencil thin beam coming out of his pinky. :p

Necromas
Tue, 10-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Filler guy 1: Hey, people are complaining that we've been using Kage Bunshin and Rasengan too much.

Filler guy 2: I know, use regular kage bunshin again, but tack tajuu infront of it!

Mizuchi
Tue, 10-10-2006, 09:16 PM
I don't know about most of you guys, but if you take away the minor annoyances, I think it was a very good episode. Although there may not be as much action, it's nice to see an episode with mostly just genjutsu battles to see more of how it works. Also the plot thickens at the very end, and it left me wondering if the third would really order an assassination towards an entire clan. 9/10.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 10-10-2006, 10:48 PM
You know it will turn out that they're mistaken about the Third giving the order, but what would be cool is if he did give it because the clan threatened Konoha in some way. Go a little more in-depth of the controversial decisions a man of his authority has to make regarding the protection of his village.

Kraco
Wed, 10-11-2006, 12:57 AM
I think that would go against his character. He might have been able to sacrifice one ninja to save two, but ninjas are soldiers and tools to be used by others. However, killing off a clan would mean sacrificing not only ninjas but civilians as well. I can't believe all of them were genjutsu ninjas, even if the girl's parents both were. Even all Uchida clan members weren't ninjas, if I judged the scenes correctly back then.

dc_inc
Wed, 10-11-2006, 03:17 AM
Is it me or did they give Sakura a noticably sizably larger chest as they kept Hinata still somewhat flatsville?

Besides that, I think it was an "ok" at best set. It was nice to see Shino in combat which to me was on of the key things that kept my interest in this series. Though, another thing kept me watching is waiting for Hinata to go into combat rather than delegate duties and direct. One thing that is keeping my interest in seeing the continuation of this arc is seeing Gai in combat as well.

They probably won't pull and use any of the skills provided to them in combat as per non-fillers. Somehow, I get the feeling I won't see either in combat.

Otherwise, I wanted to see it to atleast complete the collection.

To play devils advocate, the story explains why the henchmen used the same techniques like most if not all of the kuruma's blood line were physically weak and/or couldn't pass the chuunin jounin exams. With that in mind, it would leave some, not a lot, leeway to forgive the henchman for repeated use. In that same token, it was said that Kurenai purposely allowed herself to fall into their traps only and use their own technique against them, which happens to be leafy not allowing her for much creativity.

Though, respectfully, even in a previous episode when she combatted against Itachi, she used trees, so perhaps its a konoha specialty?

Anyways, long time reader, not exactly first time poster, forgotten my other account or lost it in the transition the board made.

woofcat
Wed, 10-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Sakura still had a uber flat chest. I just checked it out.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Umm, she's also still 12, so that's freakin' nasty.

Btw, having Hagi in your sig means you probably don't like chicks anyway.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 10-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Actually, 12 year old pussy tastes like the best cotton candy you can imagine.

Nothing nasty about that.

Terracosmo
Wed, 10-11-2006, 11:30 AM
And actually part #2, caring about age in an anime is fucking stupid since obviously the numbers are just "there". Dosu is 13 years old and sounds like Barry White, all the Konoha girls are 12-ish and have bodies of grown women. Seriously, who gives a shit.

*Enjoys Sakura hentai stash*

Mizuchi
Wed, 10-11-2006, 01:43 PM
I can't believe all of them were genjutsu ninjas, even if the girl's parents both were.

Actually, all those who were "ninja" were genjutsu users, or atleast specialized in genjutsu. The family's genetics or "bloodline" gives them naturally weak bodies, but also amazing talent and potential in genjutsu.

Even all Uchida clan members weren't ninjas.

No but if they were fit at a young age, they would have the potential to be if the wished to become ninjas. Remember, not everyone wants to become a ninja.

Kraco
Wed, 10-11-2006, 01:59 PM
You are right, I won't argue that, but you kind of dodged the real meaning of my post, which was to say killing a whole clan because a portion of the them (the actual, active ninja portion) could pose a threat wouldn't fit Third's character. It would give him sharpness if he had to sacrifice some ninja warriors, but civilians... I just don't think so.

Mizuchi
Wed, 10-11-2006, 02:03 PM
You are right, I won't argue that, but you kind of dodged the real meaning of my post, which was to say killing a whole clan because a portion of the them (the actual, active ninja portion) could pose a threat wouldn't fit Third's character. It would give him sharpness if he had to sacrifice some ninja warriors, but civilians... I just don't think so.

The child of 2 civilians may want to be a ninja, and after they grow up they may pull an itachi on konoha, only they'll have buddies with them too.

I am in full support of whoever it may be who instated this policy, unless there was a way to permanently seal their power at a very early age so they do not get false hopes of being a ninja and then have those hopes taken away from them later.

**EDIT**:

Actually a better idea would be for konoha to make a breed of super-nin, something like the sand village did with Gaara. Except the sand village never had a trump card incase gaara goes Itachi on them, so ANBU or the hokage or some high level ninja should put seals or feed a certain pill to the super ninja, so that if anything goes wrong and they turn traitor, all you need to do is pull a certain trigger or simple jutsu and easily take them out.

Sapphire
Wed, 10-11-2006, 06:57 PM
I like to pay attention to the ages but I don't go so far as to for example look up blood types. Ages help me measure senority and what not, and their just pretty cool to look at.

I for one don't really check out their bodies. o.O

In my heart I know that Sarutobi wouldn't condone to the assassination of a clan in his own village. Especially after he spent like his last dying breaths talking about how much he believed in everyone in his village and loved them. o_O If the genjutsu girl (I forgot her name already?!) said this, I would think that she misunderstood and everything would be cleared up later in the series. But if it's not misunderstood and this was really intended to be a fact in the anime, well, then, bleh to fillers. D:

Animeniax
Thu, 10-12-2006, 01:46 AM
And actually part #2, caring about age in an anime is fucking stupid since obviously the numbers are just "there". Dosu is 13 years old and sounds like Barry White, all the Konoha girls are 12-ish and have bodies of grown women. Seriously, who gives a shit.

*Enjoys Sakura hentai stash*

What's the difference between caring about age in anime vs in real life? Nothing, just some sickos like you who rationalize it's ok so you don't feel so bad about yourself.

Which Konoha girl has a grown woman's body? Of course they'll be lean and fit since they're ninjas, but I don't see any B-cups or child-bearing hips among these kids (not that I'm really looking either, you sickos).

Btw, are you and woofcat the same poster? Your effeminate avatars look alike.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-12-2006, 04:41 AM
What's the difference between caring about age in anime vs in real life?

I guess if you totally ignore that ANIME ISN'T REALITY, then yeah, no difference.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-12-2006, 06:34 AM
And calling your current avatar effeminate? That doesn't make any sense at all. Granted, you've had a million really pansy avatars in the past. But the current one looks like some kinda Rob Zombie wannabe.

And in Woofcats defense, the guy in his avatar is a total badass.

Besides which, the guy has a CAR for an avatar. Overcompensate much?

Closet caaase.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Silly Darth, everybody knows that having 2 avatars depicting men with long hair instantly renders me and woofcat the same person!

Animeniax
Thu, 10-12-2006, 11:07 AM
@terra: don't forget the profuse use of mascara that both avatars share.

About anime vs rl, keep telling yourself whatever you need to, it's still gross. By transitive property, that makes you gross.

@darth: Let's not throw any stones about avatars when yours is one of Dr. House. I don't know where to begin with you choosing that for an avatar.

For mine, that car's my baby. I haven't driven it in months since I'm overseas and it's parked in the garage back home.

Back to the anime, I guess you people are discussing changes in body type for the female ninjas because you hope it's leading to the end of fillers. Unfortunately, I think any changes you see in the filler will be purely coincidental on the part of the animators until after the time jump.

I am truly tired of this, Animeniax, if you wish to make useless, ineffective, unproductive, fruitless and worthless discussion. Then it's for the better that you don't post at all unless you have learned to discuss at a level of understanding and use careful consideration that is expected by forum members.

As well can we all get to the topic of this thread instead of making it another cess pool of thought?
~DF

aisamo
Thu, 10-12-2006, 03:17 PM
where is episode 205... :S and the ''special'' only took like 50 mins :S omg ... or is it just by me :S:confused: :confused:

p0ltergeist
Thu, 10-12-2006, 05:29 PM
If you watched the end of the special you'd know that the next episode doesn't air until the 19th... or next thursday.

And the special seemed shorter than 90 mins because DB cut out a chunk at the start. It was just the ps2 game OVA anyway, and had no impact on the plot.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Plus, 90 min is how long it takes to air, with commercials. Once you take those out, your talking like 65 min left.

Animeniax
Fri, 10-13-2006, 02:17 AM
DB should show the episodes WITH commercials, just so we can see what the Japanese get to see. The full Naruto experience so to speak. We might be missing out on some free giveaways or contests related to the show.

Sapphire
Fri, 10-13-2006, 07:12 AM
I hate commercials. All of my suspense that builds up through the episode would be gone. Japanese commercials aren't that great. Most of us would end up fast forwarding through the commercials anyway. I think it's a waste of HD space too. :/

David Craft
Fri, 10-13-2006, 09:29 AM
aye. One of the pluses of downloading IS no commercials. I hate commercials.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-13-2006, 11:28 AM
If you watched the end of the special you'd know that the next episode doesn't air until the 19th... or next thursday.

And the special seemed shorter than 90 mins because DB cut out a chunk at the start. It was just the ps2 game OVA anyway, and had no impact on the plot.

Wasn't it the movie 1 special? Konoha's Sports

Necromas
Fri, 10-13-2006, 03:28 PM
where is episode 205... :S and the ''special'' only took like 50 mins :S omg ... or is it just by me :S:confused: :confused:

The special was about an hour, which is 3 episodes sans commercials.

It's episodes 202-204 because the episode in which they recapped the fight scenes was not officially an episode, so it wasn't really episode 202 like most people assumed.

UChessmaster
Fri, 10-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Yes, it is

Edit 2: Stranger note, former episode 202, the Best Five Bouts episode, is now considered episode 202 again on Studio Pierrot’s official site. Weirdness.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-19-2006, 11:14 PM

Well, you'd like the episode even if all we saw was a black screen with the Naruto logo on it displayed for 20 minutes.

Anyway, on to my reflections which naturally warrant a semi-bump since they are so important. First off, the animals completely owned this special. Not only did I get a bird shitting on Sakura's face, I also got a dog pissing on Naruto's dito; I felt like it was Christmas! Wonderful. Those incidents summed up my collected thoughts on those characters.

Other than that, it was nice to see Kurenai in action even though the action itself was repeative and as stupid as ever (I will never get tired of Naruto's so called Tajuu Kage Bunshin consisting of an amazing 4 clones). Yakumo scared the shit out of me when Naruto fell victim to her portrait genjutsu. :S

Slightly better than recent episodes, but still somewhat of a struggle to get through awake.

aisamo
Fri, 10-20-2006, 05:28 AM
i pre ordered the ps2 game and i wanna see the thingy about it :(:(:( why did thy have to cut it out waaaaa :'(:( :(

Warlord_Draco
Sat, 12-30-2006, 04:10 AM
some sources I've seen state these eps as 203-205...

well either way I'm missing either 202 or 205 and can't figure out where to get either thats not a 3 episode bundle that has these 3 eps in it..

Azaz31
Sat, 12-30-2006, 06:23 AM
some sources I've seen state these eps as 203-205...

well either way I'm missing either 202 or 205 and can't figure out where to get either thats not a 3 episode bundle that has these 3 eps in it..
this has been brought up earlier, and an explanation can be found at http://yhbt.mine.nu/pr/11