PDA

View Full Version : Strongest to Weakest - a rating system

February
Tue, 10-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Instead of making those "omg I thinnk **** iS TeH sTRongesT!!" threads, and we really don't know who is exactly stronger than who for every character since not all characters have fought each other, I think we could make a system of rating that is voted on by all users. I will post most of the major characters and try to rate them based on the scale below, and people can reply and comment and give reason why who is weaker than who and so on.

Greatest to Least:

S+ = Strongest of the Strongest. The most powerful characters to have ever been discovered in the Naruto series.
S= Legendary powers
A+= Characters that most people believe to be close to legendary strength
A= Intensely strong
B+=Decently Strong
B= A typical Jounin Strength
C= Typical Chuunin Strength
D= Typical Genin Strength, a.k.a. Failure

This is a rating sytem based on what the manga users have SEEN so far, so it will be subject to change in the future.

The S+ Members =
4th Hokage (Inventor of Rasengan, and the only person that can tame Gama, and his past well-known demonstrations of his power)

Leader of Akatsuki (To be able to be the leader of such a powerful organization, he must have some incredible powers)

S Members=
Itachi (Mangekyou Sharingan, Master of Genjutsu. He is qualifiable to be S+ but I still think Itachi gets tired from using his Mangekyu...he also takes order from the leader of Akatsuki meaning that he should be weaker than S+)

Orochimaru (Although in the series, Orochimaru says he is weaker than Itachi, I still think Orochimaru qualifys as S rank instead of A+ rank. He knows many crazy jutsus and ability to summon dead people; he is on the brink of finding out the secret to immortality, plus he never seems to ever get hurt in the series no matter what)

Jiraiya (Although I hestitated to put Jiraiya in this category, because he has never shown us really insane moves. However, Itachi's hestitation to fight Jiraiya head on leads us to believe that Jiraiya is more capable than A+ rank

Sasuke (I currently feel Sasuke has improved so much. He has been able to show us readers crazy jutsus like chidori current, but he has also learned to manipulate his cursed seal effectively with good control, and even defeated Orochimaru, or at least so it seems. I feel that he is a bit weak to be in the S category , but he is too strong to be in the A+ category at the moment)

Sasori (Master Puppeteer of the Akatsuki group, he had so many forms and defensive seen during his fight. His ability to control the 4th Kazekage and making a puppet out of himself made him look incredibly strong;; Chiyo even said that she thinks Sasori LET himself die at the last moment and Deidara admitted that Sasori was stronger than him)

Kakuzu (Lived for so long, ability to steal other's jutsus by using their hearts, 5 lifespans, ability to use high level jutsus of every element)

A+ Members=

Kakashi (Yes, I would have put him in A for his many many copied jutsus and good instinct, but Kakashi has moved up to A+ with his Mangekyou Sharingan)

Tsunade (Although she is a legendary sannin, I don't think she is capable of matching up to the other two sannins. She is a medical ninja, not necessarily great for pure power and did show us her weakness during the Sannin fight. She almost got beat down by Kabuto)

Naruto (After learning the wind rasengan, I felt he become a little stronger. He now uses his kage bunshin correctly when fighting. He defeated an Akatsuki member....despite how unrealistic it was)

Third Hokage (Although we've only seen him at his old age, and who knows how powerful he was in his prime, we haven't seen that much power from him so he can't be placed higher for now. He did defend himself against Oro pretty well and used quite a bit of powerful jutsus)

A Members=
Kabuto (He really proved his strength when he fought Tsunade, and his ability to adapt so quickly to switched body senses- Tsunade's medical jutsu made me believe that he is very skilled. Orochimaru said it himself that he believed Kabuto is strong as Kakashi but this was before Kakashi got the Mangekyou)

Hidan ( A recent Akatsuki who has been defeated by Shikamaru, one of the most mysterious and crazy things about Hidan is that he never seems to die. However, Hidan is very stupid when it comes to fighting and only uses a ritualistic type of jutsu.)

Gai (Even though he has never shown us anything except Taijutsu, I think that Gai is capable of using ninjutsu;; only Lee is incapable. If Gai's student Lee was that exceptional in taijutsu, we can expect much more from Gai especially with his gates opened)

Gaara (This is after he became Kazekage and before he lost his Jinchurriki powers, I believe he could have beaten Deidara if he didnt have to protect the sand village)

Deidara (Too strong to be ranked B;; although he is the weakest of the Akatsuki seemingly, he is still a member of Akatsuki)

Kimimaro (with his 2nd form cursed seal)

B+ Members=
Neji
Rock Lee
Chiyo (great fighting experience and amazing jutsus plus great puppeteer)
Sai (as far as we have seen of him)
Yamato (large variety of wood element jutsu and ability to tame Naruto's kyuubi)

B Members=
Shikamaru (with his intellect)
Kiba (after his demonstration of his giant two headed dog jutsu)
Zabuza (Although he seemed really powerful in the beginning, he was easily beaten down by Kakashi...and he lacked lots of good jutsus)
Kankuro
Sakura (after her increase in physical strength and medical training with Tsunade)
Shino

C members =
Ten ten
Choji
Ino
Haku

D members=
Konohamaru

Feel free to add on to the list whom I didnt mention...and if you think a character shouldn't be in a certain category, state your reason why

Edited 10/4/06 : Third has now been placed in A+ category
Sakura has been placed in B category

Edit 10/10/06: Haku has been placed in C category

Edit 5/2/07: Naruto has now been placed in the A+ category
Sasuke has now been placed in S category
Hidan has been placed in A category
Kakuzu has been placed in S category
Shino has been placed in B category

Edit 5/3/07: Sasori has been moved to S category

bagandscalpel
Wed, 10-04-2006, 12:52 AM
I'm not sure, but, just by having Shikamaru on that list at B tier is already generalizing the word "strongest" quite a bit.

Yukimura
Wed, 10-04-2006, 01:22 AM
I feel that the Third should at least be in the A+ rank. It's has a lot to do with the other people in the A category with him that just make it seem wrong. Incitentally you should replace that 'handful of jutsu' with 'all jutsu' as it was explicitly stated that he knew and could use every technique known to Konoha (obviously excluding bloodline traits). The third was so tough that as an old man he took on the First and Second in their prime (based on the way the revival jutsu seems to work) togeather. Just because he was insanely tired after that and couldn't rip Oro's soul out with a magic sword stuck through his chest doesn't mean he should be put on the level of people like Gai, Naruto, and Kabuto.

mage
Wed, 10-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Why is Sandaime, who basically defeated Orochimaru, below him in rank?

Stoopider
Wed, 10-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Yup I agree. The third could be notched up a little.

I reckon he should be S in his prime.

Good going February. Fun thread. I think you've forgotten about Sakura. :p I'll give her a B for her madness strength. And together with Chiyo, she did defeat the puppet master Sasori, maybe with a little luck, but nevertheless it was a good fight. I can't wait for that to come out in the anime! Seriously.

Assertn
Wed, 10-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Oro never said sasuke was stronger than 4 tailed kyubi, just that he's stronger than 3 tailed kyubi. The difference between 3 and 4 is very large.

Chiyo shouldn't be ranked lower than kimimaro and deidara.

Tsunade was only being beaten by kabuto because of her previous fear. Once she overcame that fear she was capable of beating the crap out of oro.

And yes....the 3rd is way stronger than that.....I dont think we've ever actually confirmed whether the 4th was stronger than the 3rd in his prime, either.

February
Wed, 10-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Hmm..I guess I can see why third is pretty strong, I was always thinking of him in his old age instead of his prime.

He did not "beat" orochimaru, he sacrificed his life just to "damage" (disable his hands) orochimaru. And the two hokages he beat, they were summoned hokages, we don't know if they were as strong as they were when they were alive.
But I agree, the third definately deserves to be in a higher ranking than Kabuto/Naruto, and he has been placed in A+

February
Wed, 10-04-2006, 09:23 PM
I dont see why Chiyo cant be placed below Kimimaro and Deidara

I still think Sasuke is strong enough to hold that position
And I still didn't see what is so great about Tsunade's jutsus that makes her be placed in the S category...even her summon is weak

Assertn
Wed, 10-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I dont see why Chiyo cant be placed below Kimimaro and Deidara
Chiyo was mostly responsible for the death of sasori?

And I still didn't see what is so great about Tsunade's jutsus that makes her be placed in the S category...even her summon is weak
Except that cheap phobia plot-device aside we've never seen her in a situation that was out of her control.

mage
Wed, 10-04-2006, 10:25 PM
The only reason Chiyo didn't instantly die vs Sasori is because she knew all his jutsu already, so that doesn't really count.

Yukimura
Thu, 10-05-2006, 01:44 AM
Knowing your opponent is part of being a good ninja, and Chiyo demonstrated quite a bt of experiance and knowledge. She was the one who outlined the basic battle strategy for fighting a sharingan user, while I always assumed the best way to fight one was to stab yourself in the heart before he/she killed you.

Necromas
Thu, 10-05-2006, 03:15 PM
I would consider putting Kiba up with Neji and Lee. He nearly demolished those two level 2 curse seal guys ultimate defense gate thing.

And surely he's stronger now after the time gap even though we dont see him fight.

Also, Choji on the suicidal super food pill thing would be near the A level.

Boomstick
Thu, 10-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Good list I think you're ranked most of the characters right except for the the 3rd hokage he should be A+. Also I think Shikamaru should be ranked a B+ as his ability to analyze, plan counter attacks etc. make up for his lack of stamina and limited jutsu's

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Fri, 10-06-2006, 12:38 AM
garra should be moved to A+. not only was his techniques powerful as hell in that fight against deidara he show considerable stratigic ablity in that fight as well. also while some people might say that the only reason he was so strong was because he was surrounded by desert i dont think it would have matter that much. as we saw in the kimimaro fight garra can create a massive amount of sand by crushing bedrock which basiclly means he can make a desert anywhere. that ablity could only have been improved in the past 3 years. im not gonna judge him after the shukaku was removed because we haven't seen him fight since then. even though he obviously took a serious power hit because of that he still has control over his sand.

February
Sat, 10-07-2006, 01:05 AM
I would consider putting Kiba up with Neji and Lee. He nearly demolished those two level 2 curse seal guys ultimate defense gate thing.

And surely he's stronger now after the time gap even though we dont see him fight.

Also, Choji on the suicidal super food pill thing would be near the A level.

I hestitate to put Kiba up with Neji and Lee....Lee obviously proved his power during his fight with Gaara Kiba had trouble fighting one of the sound ninjas..but he did improve alot. Maybe he deserves a higher category

And about Choji, pills dont count as Choji's own power. Using pill to enhance yourself is like using steroids to make yourself stronger, which isn't your own power

February
Sat, 10-07-2006, 01:08 AM
garra should be moved to A+. not only was his techniques powerful as hell in that fight against deidara he show considerable stratigic ablity in that fight as well. also while some people might say that the only reason he was so strong was because he was surrounded by desert i dont think it would have matter that much. as we saw in the kimimaro fight garra can create a massive amount of sand by crushing bedrock which basiclly means he can make a desert anywhere. that ablity could only have been improved in the past 3 years. im not gonna judge him after the shukaku was removed because we haven't seen him fight since then. even though he obviously took a serious power hit because of that he still has control over his sand.

you have a good point, and I admit Gaara is very strong but the members of the A+ categorys are people like Kakashi and Tsunade. I still think they can own Gaara;; A legendary sannin versus a young shukaku sand boy? Or one mangekyu sharingan and Gaara loses his body part...Basically, members of the A+ are one level above Gaara in my view...Gaara is still very strong though, don't get me wrong

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sat, 10-07-2006, 10:46 AM
you have a good point, and I admit Gaara is very strong but the members of the A+ categorys are people like Kakashi and Tsunade. I still think they can own Gaara;; A legendary sannin versus a young shukaku sand boy? Or one mangekyu sharingan and Gaara loses his body part...Basically, members of the A+ are one level above Gaara in my view...Gaara is still very strong though, don't get me wrong

post time skip garra could definatly give tsunade and kakashi a whole world of trouble. tsunades abilites all seem to be close range attacks (her taijustsu with her enhanced strength and her offencive medic nin jutsu) which would give her a considerable disadvantage against garra with his sand shell and his sand defences. if she ever did get too close he could just levitate on a sand platform and launch attacks from far away. as for kakashi I dont like the fact he has the mangekyo. it doesnt make sense as hes not a uchiha but thats a rant for another thread. when kakashi first used the mangekyo it basicly drained his reserves to nothing and he was only able to remove an arm. not to say thats not a powerful attack but trade off is terrible and its not an ability that would be used in a one on one fight simply because it will leave you too open afterwards. long story short if he did use it garra might lose an arm but kakashi would lose the fight. if he didnt use it the fight might actually be more even but i still think garra would win.

February
Sat, 10-07-2006, 12:29 PM
post time skip garra could definatly give tsunade and kakashi a whole world of trouble. tsunades abilites all seem to be close range attacks (her taijustsu with her enhanced strength and her offencive medic nin jutsu) which would give her a considerable disadvantage against garra with his sand shell and his sand defences. if she ever did get too close he could just levitate on a sand platform and launch attacks from far away. as for kakashi I dont like the fact he has the mangekyo. it doesnt make sense as hes not a uchiha but thats a rant for another thread. when kakashi first used the mangekyo it basicly drained his reserves to nothing and he was only able to remove an arm. not to say thats not a powerful attack but trade off is terrible and its not an ability that would be used in a one on one fight simply because it will leave you too open afterwards. long story short if he did use it garra might lose an arm but kakashi would lose the fight. if he didnt use it the fight might actually be more even but i still think garra would win.

tsunade probably knows a lot more jutsus than what she's shown us, she's lived like 45 more years of life than Gaara, meaning that she's probably learned a whole lot more jutsus that we haven't seen in her lifetime.

Kakashi's mangekyou may be unexperienced but after he practices with it, he will get better at using it as well as sustaining its energy-draining effects better. While he was using it against Deidara, he said that he couldn't control it well, but after using something repetively, anyone can learn to control something better.
And besides, the Mangekyou isn't only for the arm...its just that Kakashi wasn't good at accuracy with it so it got Deidara in the arm.
Your theory--> Kakashi uses Mangekyou, Gaara loses an arm, Gaara still beats Kakashi
My theory---> Kakashi uses Mangekyou. Gaara loses a head. Gaara dies

Edort4
Sat, 10-07-2006, 01:13 PM
I only have to say that it is almost imposible to rank the characters. Everyone has some good points and weakness. but I only want to say that if they would pair kakashi with shikamaru or his dad akatsuki would be no more.

Kakashis MG is freaking amazing. It seems that the target doesnt even have to be looking at his eyes so he only needs the objetive inmobile to target perfectly. With Kage Mane he should be able to kill anyone, if he is able to make a full body vortex like he did with deidaras exploding bunshin no one would be a match for them. Only someone that could break Kage Mane would be a problem, and this isnt easy if even a nin of the leve of Hidan couldnt do it.

SK
Sun, 10-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Wheres Haku rank?

Sapphire
Mon, 10-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Haku was barely stronger than rookie Sasuke. If he were still alive, I could see him as REALLY strong. But from what we've seen, I'd say C to C--

deaconfry
Thu, 11-09-2006, 03:42 PM
even with kimimaro in second form he is still super strong

Ikepuska
Sat, 11-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Having read through several who is strongest threads, and this one, the thing I'm curious about is Gaara.

First Gaara matching up against top Fighters:
Gaara v. Itachi: There's no proof that when surrounded by sand and percieving through either the sand eye or other means, that the Tsukiyomi would succeed. Especially if Gaara had any warning on Itachi being his opponent. Conceivably, if the eye were vulnerable to genjutsu, Gaara would dissolve the eye and simply hammer the entire region out to several acres with a mass of sand, and then create massive pressure and subduction like how he did with Kimmimaru, using the mass to pin them in place long enough to suck them down. We've seen from Itachi's escape from Jiraiya that he isn't fast enough to run several acres faster than Gaara could drop the sand. We know that the Amaterasu would burn through things even resistant to flame, we don't really know if it would have an equally dramatic effect on Gaara's sand. We also don't know how it's used, if it is short range or usable at anything LOS(line of sight).

Gaara v. Kakkashi: It's explicitly said that Kakkashi cannot use the MS (Mangekyou Sharingan) instantly, it takes a fairly significant amount of time. Therefor Gaara is given the opportunity to defeat Kakkashi. It's also not clear if the MS is LOS if it's not and has a finite range Gaara can stay outside it.

Gaara v. Sannin: Gaara's vulnerability to massively damaging physical attacks isn't entirely clear. It's possible that with a powerful enough AOE(Area of Effect) they might be able to defeat Gaara, but again range is an issue, the same is true of something penetrating. Sasuke's Chidori isn't able to, and we don't know if a wind jutsu would.

Secondly Analysis of Gaara as a whole:
The amount of sand, and the speed with which it was called(i'd use summoned but that would imply something other than what I mean) during the Deidara fight demonstrates how much and how quickly he can control general sand. Given that, and assuming he was trying to kill his opponent without having to defend a large stationary target, such as a fight out in the desert, it could be argued that he can simply deal with powerful opponents by surrounding them in a mountain of sand. Without the city it's conceivable Gaara could have simply called a mass of sand and hammered it flat on the entire region. So far no one (demons excluded) has demonstrated a Jutsu that could wipe out a mountain of sand. The amount puts Byakuya's Bankai to shame, and only a character either a) fast enough, or b) with a powerful enough penetrating jutsu would be able to blast their way out before being immobilized. The biggest factor is quite frankly we just haven't seen too many characters capable of flying, and without that all short range and medium range jutsu are irrelevant ultimately. For the most powerful characters especially we have no way of knowing if they would be capable of counterattacking fast enough or defending against Gaara when he means to simply kill them and without anything fragile nearby to worry about such as a city or the like. My final point is would Gaara be able to be defeated by any of the current characters if he focused entirely on defense and simply buried himself in an enormous sphere of sand, and did so somewhere off center so attacks that bypassed the defense missed? Surely that invulnerability should count for something. [Edited for spelling mistakes]

The conclusion that I draw is that while Gaara might not be S,(I personally would rate him thus) and thus legendary, he should at least be A+ due to his sheer capacity for massive AOE damage and incredible potential for defense. It's true that some of the assumptions I made were that Gaara was fighting under favorable conditions, eg not protecting something, has sand around, and isn't attacked by surprise, but the same might be said of any qualitative analysis of Itachi or Jiraiya's powers, such as Itachi being rested and so able to use the Tsukiyomi.

PS If I cited any erroneous information or anyone has any salient and coherent counterarguments to offer, I'd be welcome to attempt to defend my opinion's against them, or acknowledge them as valid if I don't have any.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 12-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Just a quick comment about the 4th. Back in the Oro/ Third Hokage fight Oro originally planned to summon all three of the previous kages, including the fourth.

Third managed to stop 4th's coffin from rising, recognizing instantly who it was, he seemed to fear the prospect of fighting him the most. Even going as far as to say that he was relieved and that fighting the other two would just make things more difficult as opposed to facing the fourth.

Plus the third also mentions that the death god summoning jutsu was developed by the fourth as well.

Nothing really new or extraordinary, just a few tidbits I thought were worth mentioning about little clues that kishi has left for us to indicate how badass the 4th was and how he warrents his place as an S + rank character.

I personally have always thought that at some point latter in the manga when Naruto confronts Oro again that Oro might wind up summoning the forth's corpse in order to keep naruo distracted while he gets away.

Maybe we'd even get a nice, "I'm your father revelation" before the actual fighting begins.

Seeing how much hints that kishi had dropped about the connection between naruto and the 4th seems like an inevitability that we'll eventually find about his relation to naruto.

Super5
Tue, 12-12-2006, 01:17 PM
I would agree that the fourth and the akatsuki leader have to be S+. We've seen the fourth in action and he has some incredible jutsus, and the leader must be powerful to be allowed to command the other akatsuki members.

The ranking for akatsuki is off i think. All the akatsuki should be either S or A+. Sasori, Kakuzu, Hidan, Itachi, Kisame, and possibly Zetsu should all be S at least. I'm not sure about Zetsu since we haven't seen him in action, but he probably has some weird powers up his sleeve. Sasori was incredible, I think he's ranked one notch too low. But on that note, since Chiyo demonstrated some awesome techniques, her rank should also be A or A+ due to the 10-puppet summoning jutsu (which could take down a castle in the right hands). I also don't think Oro is as strong as the strongest akatsuki, so he should be down to A+. Since Oro was the first major villian to be introduced, he has somewhat of an inflated rep among fans since we've seen him fight the most of all the bad guys. I would have to group the three sanin at A+ since they all trained together. Tsunade hasn't shown her skills very much, so she might be a rank lower, but I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. The rest of the people in A+ I agree with.

The sound five should be in the B+ rank, except for kimimaro in A rank. Neiji, Rock Lee and Sai should all be in B just because they haven't really shown themselves as exceptional ninja yet. Gaara is either A or A+ depending on your opinion of his sand abilities. But just remember that other elements can be used against sand (fire to melt it, and water to harden it so it doesn't flow). I'd say all the rookie nine plus gai's team are either B or C rank. Kankuro and Temari are either B or B+ rank.

Wow, when I started ranking people I realized that it's really hard... after all, you have to consider many different scenarios of this character vs. that character, etc. and it becomes very difficult. No character can win in every scenario against everyone ranked below them. That's what I love about Naruto - characters actually use strategy in their fights and the outcomes aren't guaranteed beforehand.

Warlord_Draco
Mon, 01-01-2007, 04:11 AM
Gai (Even though he has never shown us anything except Taijutsu, I think that Gai is capable of using ninjutsu;; only Lee is incapable. If Gai's student Lee was that exceptional in taijutsu, we can expect much more from Gai especially with his gates opened)

well according to wikipedia, he has a 3/5 rank in ninjitsu and genjitsu so one would assume he can use it.

Guy has never been shown using ninjutsu or genjutsu (even going so far as to use a regular disguise instead of using a transformation jutsu); however, unlike Lee, he is given a ninjutsu and genjutsu score of three out of five in the databooks, so one can assume that he simply doesn't like to use either. It is implied early on in the series that Guy summoned Ninkame on at least one occasion (offscreen), and he is capable of dispelling genjutsu (as seen during the Invasion of Konoha arc).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Might_Guy

rjkiller
Wed, 02-07-2007, 06:54 AM
I can't find shino in the list where would he be put?

http://www.naruto-fan.net/uploads/images/BirthDays/Shino.jpg

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Well, they did mention that with all the gates opened, a ninja would even surpass a hokage. If that ninja is guy, that would mean he would even be more powerful.

Super5
Thu, 02-22-2007, 10:30 PM
I can't find shino in the list where would he be put?

http://www.naruto-fan.net/uploads/images/BirthDays/Shino.jpg
I would rank him at C before the time jump, but he may be stronger now. It's hard to tell since we haven't seen him in action since then. He is chuunin I think, so he should be B rank at least.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 02-27-2007, 10:23 PM
The ranking for akatsuki is off i think. All the akatsuki should be either S or A+. Sasori, Kakuzu, Hidan, Itachi, Kisame, and possibly Zetsu should all be S at least. I'm not sure about Zetsu since we haven't seen him in action, but he probably has some weird powers up his sleeve. I also don't think Oro is as strong as the strongest akatsuki, so he should be down to A+. Since Oro was the first major villian to be introduced, he has somewhat of an inflated rep among fans since we've seen him fight the most of all the bad guys. I would have to group the three sanin at A+ since they all trained together. Tsunade hasn't shown her skills very much, so she might be a rank lower, but I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

The Sannin cannot be A+ while the akatsuki members are S. That would not make sense since Jiraiya would have been unable to protect Naruto against 2 ninjas a class above himself, as well as many other scenarios pointing out the Sannins power as compared to Akatsuki. Hell, even kakashi said he could defeat an Akatsuki member.

Super5
Mon, 03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Some of the akatsuki could be S while the sannin are A+, I don't see how this is contradictory. Sure, Jiraiya took on a weakened Itachi and Kisame, but he didn't defeat them. The very fact that they were able to escape a jutsu that no one had escaped before attests to their skill. Kakashi has defeated an Akatsuki member recently, but he was practically dead already. I stand by my rankings, I don't think Kakashi is as strong as the strongest akatsuki.