PDA

View Full Version : One Piece

animus
Mon, 10-02-2006, 07:38 PM
I've heard from so many people saying that it's good, with its action, comedy, etc. I got turned off by the art, but despite that people say it's good. I want to download and watch it, but there's what? 270+ episodes out? That's just too much. Any suggestions on what i should do? Should I read the manga? Will I get the same amount of satisfaction that I'll get out of the anime?

kAi
Mon, 10-02-2006, 07:44 PM
We have a whole section dedicated to One Piece, this question should've been directed to there. You can download the anime in batches from Kaizoku Fansubs tracker site, and you can get all the manga from MangaTraders.com.

Both the anime and manga are good, you should do both.

Moved.

ChaosK
Mon, 10-02-2006, 08:22 PM
There are some kickass scenes that are just plainly better in the Anime. I'll leave it at that.

Stoopider
Tue, 10-03-2006, 05:40 AM
Better than Naruto. :)

This anime is probably one if not THE best series running out there. It's the most popular anime in Japan, and the second highest selling manga. Only second to Kochi Kame (Which has been selling since 1970's) http://www.comipress.com/196

Get this anime. Trust me. You will not regret it!

.noname.silent
Tue, 10-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Don't know why people rather watch Naruto that is contained with a season of fillers than watch One Piece which has even less fillers than Naruto. My honest opinion is this, if you like anime go download anime. If you like manga, go get the manga. If you are like me, then do both manga first (cause I can't wait on the animators for the plot) and then anime (like to see in the animated form), then don't blame me for your dissappointment.

one piece ftw.

animus
Thu, 10-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Hm, what manga chapter is the current anime episode up to? I think I'll read the manga up to that point then follow the anime. Easier and usually faster to download the manga.

Augury
Thu, 10-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Heh, usually it's the other way around - people will watch the anime then hit the week-long breaks and succumb to reading the manga to get more storyline. I suppose you can avoid the filler arcs this way though. The anime is currently (ep 279) in the middle of chapter 399 of the manga.

animus
Thu, 10-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Man, but even if I wanted to catch up to the manga, 279 episodes? The most I've ever downloaded in batches was the Hunter X Hunter TV series at 62 episodes and 13+ gigs. Even that took me like over a week+ to download it XD

Deblas
Thu, 10-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Believe me. After watching a few episodes you won't stop downloading until its over.

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 10-05-2006, 08:19 PM
one piece is a great series to watch, especially since naruto and bleach are in fillers. even the fillers in one piece are pretty good and have a lot of humor.

Stoopider
Fri, 10-06-2006, 08:26 PM
If the anime's too much for you. Just get the manga. It's awesome as it is.

The anime's even better. But can be a bit draggy at times.

Imo, Get the manga. And if you love it so much, get the anime as well. This is one series you will not regret watching.

ChaosK
Fri, 10-06-2006, 10:06 PM
one piece is a great series to watch, especially since naruto and bleach are in fillers. even the fillers in one piece are pretty good and have a lot of humor.

Use IRC, I caught up like 200 episodes in 1 week using IRC mainly.

Stoopider
Fri, 10-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Use IRC, I caught up like 200 episodes in 1 week using IRC mainly.

Wow. What internet connection do you have man?

animus
Sun, 10-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow, 200 episodes in 1 week? Which network/channel are you downloading from? I only use irc to get my manga of gotlurk. Did you use packetnews or a xdcc search engine?

Stoopider
Sun, 10-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I think most likely from Kaizoku-Fansubs xdcc bots I reckon, I've downoaded at my max speed using their bots before, which was about 100kb/s.

http://kaizoku-fansubs.com/

Mr. Roboto
Sun, 10-08-2006, 05:56 PM
downloading the episodes fast enough wasn't a problem for me. it always took longer to watch the episodes because i would only watch around 5 in a row and then go do something else.