PDA

View Full Version : TV: Dexter

Pages : [1] 2

Munsu
Mon, 10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9249/dexter2cs6.jpg

This show started yesterday on Showtime, and I have to say I found it really good. It has an awesome and unique main character; he's great.

Here's the first episode HDTV:
http://www.mininova.org/get/441220

"Dexter is a forensic expert in blood patterns who works with the Miami Police Department. He is also a serial killer, who kills people that the police can't bring to justice. He has to hide his double life from his sister, his girlfriend and his co-workers. He is intrigued by a killer who has found a way to kill girls without leaving blood behind."

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do
http://epguides.com/dexter/
http://www.tv.com/dexter/show/62683/summary.html?q=dexter&tag=search_results;title;0

IFHTT
Mon, 10-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Shit, I missed the premiere. I guess I will be downloading the first ep. The previews for it did look quite badass.

Munsu
Mon, 10-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Here's the HDTV version... you should probably get it instead:
http://www.mininova.org/get/441220

Munsu
Mon, 10-09-2006, 03:29 AM
I can't believe none of you guys are watching this. This is the must see show on TV right now.

Here's episode 2:
http://www.mininova.org/get/448426

Go watch it, you'll thank me later.

Zati
Mon, 10-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Is this show really bloody and violent? I saw some parts of it on TV didn't know if it was good or not but I will give it a try since Bud says to watch and you are always right.

Jadugar
Mon, 10-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Watched the first episode. This show seemed different. The character is unique indeed. Need a few more episodes to find out weather this show is going to be huge but its very promising.

Munsu
Thu, 10-12-2006, 05:17 AM
Is this show really bloody and violent? I saw some parts of it on TV didn't know if it was good or not but I will give it a try since Bud says to watch and you are always right.

I thought this would be the case, but it really isn't. I would say Nip/Tuck is more graphic than this. But the main character is simply amazing, he's really twisted and it's great being in his mind and learning his outlook on life and such. I like how there's a season or series long case that they are trying to solve and the weekly cases in the middle. My favorite portions of the show is when he's getting intimate with his girlfriend, it's sick.

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-12-2006, 05:41 AM
I like this show. Dexter is just so incredibly creepy, but you can't help but sympathize with him and root for him.

One of the more disturbing parts is you find yourself getting excited as he does about the serial killer he's playing the "game" with.

Yukimura
Thu, 10-12-2006, 08:45 AM
I just started watching to and was immediately caught up into the story. Dexter does a really good job at showing someone way outside the box, but yet still able to function, the way he struggles with interpersonal relationships is being very well done. Also I feel a lot of the struggle that goes on in him when he's contemplating a kill, which is a credit to the actors good job at being creepy as hell while still being human enough for us to care.

Genma
Fri, 10-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Yeah, started watching this as well and I like it.

Honestly, though, if the refrigerator truck serial killer is actually Dexter, I'm going to gouge my eyeballs out. That plot has been done so many times. (ie: the movies Secret Window and Hide and Seek).

Munsu
Fri, 10-13-2006, 12:30 PM
I really doubt it's him... but I bet the show will make him question it himself.

Munsu
Mon, 10-23-2006, 02:03 AM
Episode 4:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/463494

This episode was OK, not as great as the previous ones. Episode 5 should be good though.

Munsu
Thu, 11-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Anyone still watching this?

Here's episode 7:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=adf69c093e1109a0d61d3067d84 505bb4c6e7aab

This was an awesome episode, you guys should watch it if you haven't.

Ryllharu
Thu, 11-16-2006, 07:50 PM
I loved this last eps. I'd say it's pretty obvious that the Ice Truck killer is the prosthetics doctor. He idolizes the human form and focuses on making bloodless limbs. That's creepier than Dexter. It's gotta be him.

Rita has been pretty cool these last episodes too. If she starts to get back with her husband though, that's gonna be lame.

Munsu
Thu, 11-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I also think that the prosthetics doctor might be the bad guy.

Yukimura
Thu, 11-16-2006, 11:19 PM
That doctor did strike me as a bit odd as well but I'm not sure I'd buy him as the killer.
What I don't get is how the crazy guy they caught could have had those pics of the victims. He probably isn't the killer if he really doesn't recognize Dex (unless he's got split personalities) but then how the hell did he get those pictures and the info...

Munsu
Mon, 11-20-2006, 04:08 AM
Episode 8:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=3976ed20561a8556d26131bda57 4849c764ecdbd

Pretty good episode.

Yukimura
Wed, 11-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Well I guess I'll have to buy the doc, but after this ep it seems a lot more understandable. I wonder if his relationship with Dex's sister was on purpose or just a conveience.

Munsu
Mon, 12-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Season finale, episode 12:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/516438

Genma
Wed, 12-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Well, my initital guess was obviously wrong, but the whole "omfgwtfbbq evil brother" thing is still a bit cliche. Regardless, I still didn't even realize who the killer was (until the episode where they revealed it), or even his motive for doing stuff, which proves how dull I am.

Decent ending, I guess. Is there going to be a second season though?

Munsu
Wed, 12-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes, next summer should be the second season.
http://www.tv.com/story/7034.html?q=Dexter&tag=search_results;additional_links;0

el_boss
Thu, 01-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Man I'm so happy watched this show. Fucking amazing. The best thing about the show was that they used cast from OZ. :D Gotta love Doakes.

I'm sort of tempted to read the book. Anyone read them?

Spiegel
Fri, 01-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Wow, I saw this tread a long time ago but never thought much of it so I never read it. Then I was talking to my brother and he recommended downloading it so I was like, Ok. I started watching it and couldnt stop. I Love It! I cannot wait for a second season.

rockmanj
Mon, 01-22-2007, 09:33 AM
i just watched the 1st season, and i must say, its REALLY good....disturbing, but nevertheless good. I cant wati for season 2 to come out...

Turkish-S
Mon, 01-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Same as rockmanj and Spiegel.. Damn i went from only watching prison break to dexter,heroes,house and prison break.. I love it thx ppl..!!

Munsu
Sun, 04-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Just read that the second season will begin shooting on May 21, and will premiere on September 30. I also read that the story will not be based on the novels like the first season was, I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

TwisT
Mon, 04-16-2007, 02:12 AM
Does it really matter? It's Dexter :P

Well seriously of course it matter. We want the same quality that season 1 gave us. Although this could end up like PB or Lost and i would continue to watch it just because it's Dexter.

Well this is my favorite series or at least a Top 3. I remember sitting up to about 4-5am just to get my episode even though i had to get up at 8. Few series have had that effect on me. Was a long time i had that feeling for any show.

Zati
Wed, 07-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Preair DVDRips for the first two episodes of Season Two is just out, so if you can't wait, you can watch it much earlier before it airs on TV. EZTV has the torrents, if you want them.

Also is anyone watching the new seasons of Eureka, Monk, and Psych? Those are pretty good shows, IMO, airing this summer too.

Munsu
Wed, 07-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Preair DVDRips for the first two episodes of Season Two is just out, so if you can't wait, you can watch it much earlier before it airs on TV. EZTV has the torrents, if you want them.

Also is anyone watching the new seasons of Eureka, Monk, and Psych? Those are pretty good shows, IMO, airing this summer too.
Yeah, I'm downloading those preair DVDs now... I wonder how many will be out, hopefully the whole series.

You can creat threads about Psych, Monk, and Eureka... I follow them, so we can discuss them.

Spiegel
Sun, 08-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Just watched episodes 1 and 2 of season two and Love it. I can't get enough of this show.

Turkish-S
Mon, 08-06-2007, 12:10 PM
DAMN this show is good... first 2 episodes were orgasmic.

FullMetalAlchemist
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:43 AM
were the hell you get the episodes lol :(

Turkish-S
Wed, 08-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Try torrentspy.. Or typ "dexter torrent" in google.

Hikyuu
Wed, 08-08-2007, 03:35 AM
If you guys have Digital Cable and showtime I believe its On Demand

Munsu
Mon, 10-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Episode 3 is out:
http://www.bt-chat.com/details.php?id=21003&hit=1

Very nice episode, in fact we get introduced with this cool guy "Bob".

Yukimura
Mon, 10-15-2007, 09:27 AM
I like the plot where he's dancing around with his dirty work via the BHB case but I'm really getting annoyed with the Rita side of things. The only reasonable resolution for the plot with her is Dexter becoming a normal guy who doesn't have kill people. I wouldn't want to watch the show if Dexter gave up killing and focused solely on blending in. I really like the way he talks with his victims and tries to understand normal people through them but I don't want him to actually assimilate into society because that would make him boring.

Rita's face at the end of the ep looked like pure jealousy, it should be interesting to see Dexter's reactions since I don't think he's explored jealousy yet.

Munsu
Sun, 10-21-2007, 01:03 AM
I wonder if this "Dark Passenger" will begin to have a bigger role in Dexter's life. Maybe he starts to experience split personalities through him, or maybe he really becomes a serial killer, using the "Dark Passenger" as his cover or something.

Genma
Sun, 10-21-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm praying they don't follow the books, because from reading their wikipedia entries I've concluded that the "Dark Passenger" and its role seem totally cliche and dumb. Not to ruin it for anyone, but reading the synopsis of the final book makes me pray that the show will go on its own path.

Apparently they're not following the books on this season, though, so there's a ray of hope.

TwisT
Mon, 10-22-2007, 03:14 AM
I was afraid that season 2 was gonna follow the line of so many other shows and actually be worse. Specially when i heard that it was not gonna follow the storyline of the books. I heard the books where supposed to be awesome. And i don't know if it was a good or bad decision to not follow that storyline. But i have to say i love it so far.

And i loved it when Masuka and Dexter where talking an laughing, and then Matsuka dropped the bomb on Dexter which made him walk away while thinking about "the benefits of electrocution vs lethal injection". That was orgasmic. And so far i have not been a fan of the whole Esmee and her cheating boyfriend business. But now that we found out that it was actually Maria that was the woman, and she did it just to make Esmee crazy so Maria could get her job back without looking like a career whore, i simply love it. And Dexters sponsor seem to be a little crazy. Weird psycho art, and she didn't even shrug or anything when she saw all the body's. Infact it looked like she admired it. And she even said it that the person that did that was just like her. So much crazy on so many levels.

kAi
Wed, 10-31-2007, 04:30 AM
Dexter is my new favourite show, I just couldn't stop watching this series, I only started last week, so I got to watch them all in a row, now I've gotta wait.

Dexter is now starting to feel different emotions that he hasn't dealed with before, and he doesn't know what to do or understand it, it's all a new field for this guy. It's nice seeing him try to deal with those things, especially when he went to the bar to confront his mother's killer, and all that happened during then.

His sister is another nice work in the series, she doesn't stay single for long, does she, haha. But all the interaction with her and Dexter, like when she says "I wanna put a bullet in the Bay Harbour Butcher's head", Dexter is like "ahh".

It will be nice to see the reactions of the people that he is around, when (if) they find out.

Next episode should bring in some more drama with the security camera and all.

Yukimura
Wed, 10-31-2007, 03:03 PM
This season is shaping up far better than I ever anticipated. Dexter is seriously falling out of control in a totally different way from the first season now that there's so much more pressure on him and watching him try to deal with it is always intriguing. At first I hated Lilah but more and more I find myself liking her for giving Dexter the closest thing to a safe haven as he's ever had. I almost wish Rita would get out of the picture since I strongly doubt she's capable of understanding, let alone accepting, what Dexter has been doing his whole life.

Yukimura
Mon, 11-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Wow, I'm loving the 'new' Dexter. That line he gave the guy in the train car was perfect.

And the Lila situation is really interesting as well, deep down I don't really think Lila would accept Dexter any more than Rita, but at least she's not an ideal chasing drone like Rita is. Nothing Rita does is ever surprising or unexpected, including her over reaction, attempted reconciliation, and reaction to Dexter's confession (which was completely unexpected and great). She's a giant liability for him since she's always snooping around and trying to make him do things he doesn't want to do that don't do anything for him. Lila is off the wall crazy, but she actually helps Dexter with his problems and gets him to do stuff he doesn't want to do that will actually benefit him in the long run.

rockmanj
Mon, 11-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Yea, and Lila doesn't have a controlling, sarcastic bitch for a mother either...

Munsu
Mon, 11-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Dexter has to go back and kill the fuckhead that killed his mother. I really don't know why he hasn't yet, or at least tried to find out more about his boss.

TwisT
Wed, 11-14-2007, 03:03 AM
I loved the latest episode. Best part was when he told Doaks that he owns him and them gave him the headbutt of awesomeness. Pure ownage. Right now it's my favorite scene in Dexter so far. Dexter really stepped it up when dealing with his problems (not the emotional). I love it.

I don't like Lila all that much. Even though she show her tits. And still i can't find to like her character. Don't get me wrong. I realize that the drama she brings the series is a good thing but i just can't find myself liking her character.

Also finally Debra admitted she like Lundy in more then a "i admire him as a superior and role model" kind of way.

But got damn. "I own you" BOOM. Orgasmic.

Munsu
Mon, 11-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Last night's Dexter was insanely good, been a while since I've seen him being this badass.

I was hoping he would get some info on Jimenez bosses, the ones that ordered his mother to get killed. The investigation intensifies and Doakes finally gets what he wanted. That aside, the Monster is back.. so lets enjoy him while we can.

TwisT
Mon, 11-19-2007, 02:52 AM
If i could, i would have sex with this episode. This must be the feeling people describe when then say they met an angel.

Everything is starting to heat up. Doaks found the blood samples. He's gonna be like a pitbull now. Also the question is what will happen to Dexter in the end? Now they know the Butcher is an inside man. He can't make it look like some random criminal is the one. And i don't see the hunt will just go away until they get The Butcher. Maybe Doaks will be the one that goes down for that. He has already killed one person in cold blood and the other guy on the boat. both tied to Doaks. Maybe that will be used against him. And Doaks is involved in the cases. Although that would sadden since i love Doaks character and if there is a season 3 i would want him to be in it.

Lila is finally getting what she deserved. That was such a joyous moment for me. I hope she does get to meat the monster. Hope she gets vindictive and starts messing with Rita and gets an appointment with Dr. Dexter and is plastic wrapt operating room ^^

Also i wonder if Debra would find out about Dexter, what would she do? Would she turn him in. Or would she side with him and shut up about it. And if she would turn him in, would it change anything if she found out that her father new about it and trained Dexter to do those things?

So many questions and so little answers :(

Anyway best episode ever. I hope it continues to up the pace and awesomeness for every episode.

kAi
Mon, 11-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Yeah, this episode was awesome, so much has happened and things have turned for the worst for Dexter.

I'm trying to think what Doaks is going to do with those blood samples, possibly for the reason you have given TwisT, it can work.

I've always thought about what would Debra do if she found out everything, including Harry, I can't think of the reaction, but it's going to be good.

And just to give you guys a hard-on:

hxxp://www.yourtv.com.au/news/index.cfm?i=127021

Yukimura
Mon, 11-19-2007, 11:10 AM
So good I had to watch it twice. The shit is hitting the fan all over the place for poor Dexter with Doakes snooping around in his life, the investigation narrowing tighter and tighter, and Lila being a psycho stalker. The only way I can see him getting out of this is by pinning it on Doakes somehow and then killing him. Fortunately, since Doakes was kind enough to take the blood samples with him without any kind of warrant or official capacity there's now no way to prove in a court that they were ever actually at Dexter's house. I would imagine Doakes will opt for a one on one show down instead of trying to use the law to bring Dexter down anyway, so Dexter just has to win a fight with him and spin a story to pin the whole thing on him.

But then you have the wildcard Lila. She's proven herself quite insane and there's no telling what she'll do and how it will affect Dexter. The fact that she riled him up so much that he showed up in public wearing his murder shirt just shows how much she's fucked with his head, but other than starting the fire she hasn't really actually done anything to warrant him chopping her up. Perhaps a little exception is in order?

Turkish-S
Mon, 11-19-2007, 05:55 PM
lol this was the best episode this season... thought dexter was turning into a pussy. Funnyest part of epi was when that small asain guy ran out with a big ass gun to save dexter.

kAi
Mon, 11-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Episode 9 is out, get it from your favourite places!

Episode talk:
Another awesome episode, I loved the part where Dexter thought he had been caught by Lundy, and started apologizing to Deb. Also, the confrontation at the cop shop with them kinda of interrogating him. Playing it cool the whole time and he thought he was the one they were trying to pin it on.

The meeting at the end with Doakes and Dexter was good, Doakes was stunned and like you're a sick fuck, but all this works in favour of Dexter now, especially with him locked up in there, it also makes it look like that he's involved with the drugs.

I love the interactions between all the characters makes it so interesting.

TwisT
Mon, 12-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Haha this episode was fucking awesome. Doakes got ringside seats to Dexters little show. Well even though it was through that plastic wrapper he could still see shades, see blood, hear the noise from the saw, and could probably smell it all too. Even Doakes was seriously grossed out. And Dexter continues to find out things about his father.

Now it seems that he killed himself and it might be because he realized what he created and it wasn't what he imagined. He probably couldn't kill Dexter. I'm guessing from one of two reasons or both. He loved Dexter like his own son and/or he couldn't really kill someone in cold blood. And he couldn't live with it either so he took the easy way out.

Lila continues to try and fuck things up for Dexter and poor Batista. That man can never get a break. Psycho-bitch. I really hope she goes to far and someone kills her. Hopefully Dexter. Cut her up when she is still alive.

Well it looks like Doakes will not get out of this in any way. Either he get arrested as the Butcher or he gets out of the cage and dies in a violent confrontation with Dexter or the police that will try and arrest him. Maybe he attacks Dexter and the cops kills him to protect him.

It would be sweet if Deb or Maria did it. If Deb did it, it would strengthen their sibling relationship. She already depends on him as moral and emotional support. But i think Dexter has come to value family even more now so he would get closer too. If Maria did it, it would create some fucked up drama. Maybe she would doubt herself and really think he was butcher. Or maybe she would become Dexters new nemesis for the next season.

No mater how this all turns out it's gonna be great.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-03-2007, 10:34 AM
This episode was awesome but the preview for the next episode was even better. I don't know how many of you actually get Showtime and saw it so I won't give a way details but things are going to get even more complicated for Dexter before it's all over.

Also...wtf Lilah? How is framing Batista for rape supposed to get Dexter to like you? Even crazy stalker bitches should be able make reasonable decisions about what's going to get them what they want and what's not.

Munsu
Tue, 12-04-2007, 02:15 PM
I guess Lilah is winning a trip to the butcher's table.

UChessmaster
Tue, 12-04-2007, 09:52 PM
You won`t have to wait long to find that out, the last two episodes of the season got leaked aparentelly.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1028743 Episode 11

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1028745 Episode 12

TwisT
Tue, 12-04-2007, 11:20 PM
HELL YES!!!!! These where the two best episodes in the history of TV shows. Fuck, it was probably better then any movie i can think of.

So where do i start. Well for starters poor Batista getting framed but he had awesome help from his friends tracking down who she really was and making sure she couldn't do anything to him anymore.

Well enough of him. Let's get to Dexter. I can't believe he actually doubted himself and was going to turn himself in. I actually thought he would until the end of episode 11 where Lila found the cabin and Deb's little talk about how you chose who you are and just ride it out. Then it became clear that Lila was gonna kill Doakes. I actually feel sorry for Doakes. He was an awesome character and the actor did a great job. So it both saddens me to see him gone from the show, and it pained me to see him die like that. But it had to be for Dexter to get out of it.

But the same second Lila did that you just knew that now Lila has killed and just became a target for Dexter's code. I just loved the part at the aquarium when Dexter was thinking "In a bodybag". But she put up more of a fight then i thought she would. Trapping Dexter and the kids and almost succeeded in killing him. But not even fleeing to another country could save her at the end.

And it was sad too see Doakes memorial service so empty. I guess that's to be expected when everyone thinks you are one of the worst serial killers of all times. But it's nice to see Dexter embracing who he is. And to see him realize that he needs the people around him, and that they are a part of who he is. Without them i think Dexter would just turn out like Rudy in the end.

Most shows just gets worse for every season that goes by. Just take Lost and Prison Break as an example. Maybe you guys think it's better now but for me the first season where golden. Not much can top those. But slowly it deteriorated. It's still great shows but not the kind of greatness they had in the frist season. And i thought Dexter would follow the same pattern. I mean there wasn't much that could top his own brother being an nutcase too and playing with Dexter. But i have to say that this season was alot better then season 1. He had too go so much deeper into himself in this episode and really deal with his inner demons. I'm glad i was dead wrong on that point. The question now is, what are they going to do too be able to top season 2? Can it be done? Before this season i would have said no but since they proved me wrong i actually have hopes for a season 3 that can become the best season and make this show hold the position as the best show for the moment.

Junior
Tue, 01-15-2008, 12:14 PM
DEXTER. OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW.

I own all the books as well. I'm only on ep 6 in Season 2. Can't wait for the rest.

IMO, it's one of the few REALLY good shows. That don't get boring at all.

kAi
Thu, 01-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Well, at least we don't have to wait too much longer, another month for the third season.

Turkish-S
Thu, 01-17-2008, 12:04 PM
huh? really?? Maan that kinda sux... Dexter was kinda over. How many more secrets can Harry have?

Junior
Thu, 01-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Dexter? Over? Pffft.

That must never happen.

SamuraiOdin
Thu, 01-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Well, at least we don't have to wait too much longer, another month for the third season.
Kai, you sure the new season starts in a month? No mention of any episodes of imdb, and with the writers' strike...

kAi
Thu, 01-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah, actually can't clarify it for you, heard it somewhere.

Munsu
Thu, 01-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Man, season 3 won't start in a month... are you crazy? Season 2 just finished airing... it would pretty much be nearly impossible for them to already have season 3, especially with the writers strike and all.

What will be starting soon is Dexter on CBS... but that's no season 3.

kAi
Fri, 01-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah, might have been this CBS shit then, not sure. I don't know all your fucken channels and shit.

Munsu
Thu, 06-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Jimmy Smits joining the Dexter cast for season 3... good stuff:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Jimmy-Smits-Dexter/800041016

insane
Fri, 08-01-2008, 12:28 PM
a really great show. a must watch series.

Jessper
Sat, 08-02-2008, 02:32 AM
On that note, there is a trailer for the next season that I don't have a link to offhand.

I can not wait. AHHHHHHHHHH

Munsu
Sat, 08-02-2008, 03:07 AM
Here's one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsu2YYUozP4

insane
Mon, 08-04-2008, 01:48 AM
thanks for the link... hehe....

Kusanagi
Mon, 08-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I have been waiting for the next season of Dexter for a long time. Everyone I speak to that knows of the show loves it and those that don't, love it after they see it.

It had seemed to me that Doakes was Dexter's "nemesis" so to speak, by that I mean Doakes always knew something was off about Dexter and now I just wonder if someone is going to fill that spot. Or how they are going to bring in a new conflict for Dexter.

Smits is a good actor and I think he'll bring alot to the show.

Sapphire
Tue, 08-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Yeahhh that trailer brings back old memories (from like two weeks ago lol) I loved his show and marathon'd it. The last episode was amazing, he completely changed his style of killing and killed that crazy British person like a ninja. Even before that you could see his control slowly slipping when he killed the boat dude's wife. Oh well, everyone makes mistakes, especially seemingly emotionless serial killers who suddenly begin to... feel.

Rita definitely got some balls last season, but I preferred her more brittle shocked and scared character to her YOU DO THIS OR GTFO character. I'm pretty sure that Cuban detective is still steaming over Doakes (motherfucka!) death and will start investigating things around Dexter too.. making him a little bit more uncomfortable than last season.

I personally thought first season was a little better than second, because of the ever pending mystery subplot they had going on, but the writing is probably the best I've ever seen on American TV, so I'm looking forward to next season.

...I love how I can never remember names...even in books..

insane
Sun, 08-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I also thought the first season was better than the second. Dexter was not as careless as he is in S2...

UChessmaster
Fri, 09-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Season 3 episode 1 got leaked.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1772561 go go gadget, torrent download!

Munsu
Fri, 09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Great... going to download now.

I'm not sure I want to download it... last time it was a pain in the ass waiting for more episodes after the first 3 or so got leaked.

Kusanagi
Fri, 09-05-2008, 12:19 PM
why does it come in 37 parts...

Yukimura
Sat, 09-06-2008, 02:51 AM
From what I understand it's an old school holdover from the scene. Before broadband and bittorrent were huge releases were best broken up into smaller parts so if your transfer was interrupted or corrupted you only had to redownload one small file instead of the entire thing.

There are other torrents for the preair on mininova ep that aren't spanned like that.

Anyway an interesting start for this new season. I sensed the end revelation coming with Rita's behavioral shift but it was still something of a surprise. I can't imagine how they're going to have dexter play this. I'm looking forward to the coming season even more now.

TwisT
Sun, 09-07-2008, 02:09 AM
I wonder if this seasons focus will be on this murder and on this new prosecutors hunt for the killer. Or will it start out with half the season building up about Dexters moral views now that he has killed someone he didn't know was guilty or not. And Morgan was pretty hot with her hair shorter. I wonder how all around her with Internal and that new guy around her play out.

Well as far as i know we dont have to wait for Dexter for long.

Next episode: Our Father

Airs: Sunday September 28, 2008

Kusanagi
Sun, 09-07-2008, 02:23 PM
That was the episode that got leaked.

We're now waiting for the one after that.

Jessper
Sun, 09-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Just a reminder: first episode shows tonight (legally!) for those that were waiting.

TwisT
Thu, 10-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Looks like Dexter has switched timeslot to Saturdays.

Munsu
Thu, 10-02-2008, 07:11 PM
We're are you reading this? At least the main Showtime site has it still un Sunday's.

TwisT
Fri, 10-03-2008, 04:20 PM
http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ shows it on saturdays

Munsu
Fri, 10-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I had checked that and epguides.com/dexter and it also said Saturday. But I wonder why the official Dexter site has it still on Sunday as always, especially after it apparently had it's best ratings yet last Sunday.

TwisT
Sun, 10-05-2008, 09:31 PM
It now shows it on sundays so it was a false alarm from me. Well haven't checked if it's out yet but it should be any minute now if it isn't already.

Munsu
Mon, 10-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Haven't seen the second episode yet, but this is a curious story in the meantime:
http://www.tv.com/story/11691.html?tag=headlines;title;11691&om_act=convert&om_clk=news

Jimmy Smits stabs a stuntman.

Jessper
Mon, 10-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Episode 2 was amazing. A must see, without doubt.

Yukimura
Tue, 10-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Ugh, I don't like the type of obsessive, emotional, whiny character this new guy (the lead from Cane) is shaping up to be. While him getting closer and closer to Dexter will certainly help increase drama I'm not looking forward to the inevitable awkward angst fest.

The baby story on the other hand I found quite entertaining. Dexter's reactions, or more often lack of reactions were strangely humorous as it showed he didn't seem to have a clue how to deal with the situation.

EDIT: curse you spelling errors.

Munsu
Tue, 10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Ugh, I don't like the type of obsessive, emotional, whiny character this new guy (the lead from Cane) is shaping up to be. While him getting closer and closer to Dexter will certainly help increase drama i'm not looking forward to the inevitable awkward angst fest.

The baby story on the other hand I found quite entertaining. Dexter's reactions, or more often lack of reactions were strangely humorous as it showed he didn't seem to have a clue who to deal with the situation.
Well, the whiny portion of the character is about to change (I think). He already got his revenge, so I'm expecting a big change in his emotional constitution. Since he knows the guy is dead, I think we'll see him being unexpectedly (to other characters) happy, and smiling. I think that's going to lend itself to some interesting scenes with the people still looking for Freebo.

As for the baby thing, I loved the part when he imagines his son being a killer and possibly having killed one of the step-siblings.

rockmanj
Sat, 10-11-2008, 12:37 AM
That Dexter is one crafty bastard...I was half-expecting him to get caught. It'll be interesting to see how this unravels (because you know it will). And cotdamn, if Deb isn't one of the most annoying characters on television. Like, half the time she's dropping the f-bomb, there is no need at all to be doing it; and she's whiny; I'd rather take the mean Japanese (or whatever she is) bitch over her any day. And lol at Dexter out-detectiving all of the detectives at the precinct as usual.

Assassin
Mon, 10-13-2008, 06:51 PM
great 3rd episode...i rather love debra's character, and she was great this episode.

im wondering about the end though, when dexter says "its a jungle out there" an smiles....are they implying that he's gonna raise the kid to be just like him?

rockmanj
Mon, 10-13-2008, 09:24 PM
You like deb? I guess to each his own. I just find her loud, foul-mouthed, and like boring (even Dexter has a life outside of work). She's kind of pathetic, and its hard to look at. And she's totally gonna fuck that C.I. guy.

Munsu
Tue, 10-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I don't like Debra either, but I have to say that song the snitch made for her was freaking awesome.

Anyways, I thought it was a great episode with Dexter protecting the family and the whole, King of the Jungle theme they had going.

Jessper
Wed, 10-15-2008, 12:31 AM
I like Deb also! Every time I see someone complain about her they mention that she cusses a lot, interesting that it still impacts people this day in age. =)

Very good episode, I'm happy that this season looks like it is going to be intense just like the others.

rockmanj
Wed, 10-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Its not cursing that annoys me. Its the way her dialogue is. She inserts curse words in sentences where there is no need for them and no emphasis is added to what she's saying. And I can understand that, yea of course she doesn't know about what Harry and Dexter were up to, but her whole Electra complex kinda gets to be a bit much.

Munsu
Tue, 10-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Another good episode last Sunday... I liked how Dexter screwed the brother.

But, for the important part of this post... series has been picked up for TWO more seasons:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Renewal-News-Dexter-27446.aspx

Jessper
Tue, 10-21-2008, 09:30 PM
oooh glad to hear it.

The final scene was really well done. I was surprised that no one died in the episode though.

Munsu
Tue, 10-21-2008, 10:09 PM
oooh glad to hear it.

The final scene was really well done. I was surprised that no one died in the episode though.
Is this a first?

Jessper
Wed, 10-22-2008, 01:21 AM
I wasn't sure so I didn't want to say it but it sure feels like it.

Would be interesting if anyone wants to spend the time looking it up... ;)

Anyone else think they have a girlfriend story for Angel coming up soon here? I'm not sure if I would guess the detective since it is a bit cliche after his speech...

Kusanagi
Wed, 10-22-2008, 06:33 AM
Well technically that girl did go psycho and kill that guy, so someone did die it just wasn't by Dexter's hand.

Munsu
Wed, 10-22-2008, 07:14 AM
Yeah, but we're not interested in technicalities here... so you lose.

Jessper
Wed, 10-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Well technically that girl did go psycho and kill that guy, so someone did die it just wasn't by Dexter's hand.

Technically he could have been dead before the episode started. What now?!

kAi
Mon, 10-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Has anyone watched s03e05!!??

Crazy episode and what happens at the end!! I kinda of saw it coming but didn't think it would be like that.

And then seeing the preview, tripped me out a little.

Munsu
Mon, 10-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Has anyone watched s03e05!!??

Crazy episode and what happens at the end!! I kinda of saw it coming but didn't think it would be like that.

And then seeing the preview, tripped me out a little.
I don't think I could've sum up my feelings for the episode any better. Looking forward for next episode, it looks great. I don't know how I feel about Prado yet... but I think it's a cool development.

Assassin
Mon, 10-27-2008, 01:59 PM
man, friggin awesome...i totally did not expect things to go this way. i hope miguel's character sticks around and isn't disposed of at the end of the season.

Xrlderek
Thu, 11-13-2008, 10:51 AM
So.. Do you guys think the skinner is someone we've already seen or someone that hasn't been shown yet? I guess that new treecutter clue implies that it's just a random guy.. if it leads to anything at all.

kAi
Sun, 11-16-2008, 12:44 AM
So.. Do you guys think the skinner is someone we've already seen or someone that hasn't been shown yet? I guess that new treecutter clue implies that it's just a random guy.. if it leads to anything at all.
At certain points I've thought that it was Quinn that is the skinner.

The other thing I've thought was Miguel's angry brother after seeing the torture scene even though he let that guy go, I think it was more on that he had no information on Freebo or dealings with the dead brother. Possibly both brothers were involved.
Not sure how I came upon this crazy theory, but yeah.

Not sure who it is or how it is related at this point, but the only people that fit the skinner are these two people, or possibly even the CI guy. Otherwise I don't think the skinner has been shown.

On another note, here is some good news (http://au.tv.ign.com/articles/921/921985p1.html):

On October 21, 2008, Showtime renewed the series for a fourth and a fifth season. Each of them will consist of 12 episodes and will go into production in the spring and will presumably air in the same fall slot the series has occupied each year.

Episode 8 Talk:
After watching this ep, the end of the episode is great and I kind of saw it coming. It looks like his friend is going to go against the code and ultimately be in the
plastic room.

What I'm thinking though is how Dexter is going to find out, will he have to look or will he find out from the clues from what happens.

Munsu
Mon, 11-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Lol, Prado is completely insane. I have a feeling he'll be visiting Dexter's cutting table soon, if not by the end of the season.

Yukimura
Mon, 11-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Agreed, Prado's look when he killed the guy was far more creepy than Dexters to me. I suspect the fact that he was so into bending the rules is what made him look scarier since I just knew he would end up going rogue at some point, but I didn't expect it to happen so soon.

I am getting a little bit annoyed with the number of different plot threads that this seasons has created though as well as the way some of the characters seem be spinning their wheels in terms of development. While Dexter is clearly developing via the Miguel plotline he doesn't seem all that interested in the Skinner case like he was with the Ice Truck killer or with investigating himself which feels odd. And the wedding plot line only seems to serve the purpose of keeping Rita in the show while hammering home that Dexter is socially retarded, but we already knew that so it just feels like fluff. Angel (lol especially Angel) and Deb are also demonstrating that they are both partially socially retarded which, again, we already knew from the previous seasons. Laguerta seemed to be falling into a very tertiary position in the cast similar to Masuka at least until her little jaunt with the lawyer (they could probably squeeze a closet bi subplot out of that in a later season if they really felt strapped for ideas) but I don't see much coming from that in the short term unless they play up her suspicion after Ellen disappears. Besides Dexter and Miguel the only other character I've really felt was interesting and curious about has been Quinn, hopefully more will come from that thread but who knows.

TwisT
Mon, 11-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Miguel did look freeky there. But Dexters look was priceless as he watched Miguel's expression and i think he saw a kindred spirit in him. Someone that took pleasure in the kill, someone that needed to satisfy an urge. And like Dexter's imaginary vision of his father told him, whatever Miguel does now is on Dexter's hands. Will he be able to teach him the CODE and make him a Reaper of Justice or will he fail and Miguel ends up a monster that gets to have a date with Dexter's plastic room.

Assassin
Mon, 11-17-2008, 11:57 PM
I think its fairly obvious that miguel is headed for a position in dexters blood stain collection....but at the same time, the fact that its so obvious gives me hope that this wont be the case. I really wish they're play things out differently instead of going with a cliche ending that everyone can see miles ahead.

kAi
Mon, 11-24-2008, 03:34 PM
We finally get to see Dexter with an emotion, and its's rage, I wonder if this will be a new turn for his character. All I can see coming up is Miguel being on the table, or will it be the other way round and Miguel capture Dexter, haha, I don't know why I came up with that, but it would be an interesting twist, and it would be funny to see how he would get out of the situation if it were to occur.

I wonder if this is the last of the Quinn angle also, looks like they will keep him on as good and not get done by Internal Affairs.

The skinner is finally revealed and Antone has been saved, I didn't really think he would die, not too sure why though.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Wow. I certainly didn't expect it to work out like that but it makes sense as a way to tie the previously unrelated threads of the season together. How will Dexter handle this I wonder. This season continues to keep me on the edge of my seat!

kAi
Mon, 12-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Yeah, I didn't think it would turn like this either, but now makes sense.
At the end on the roof top I was thinking it was Maria spying on their conversation, as she is catching on thanks to Miguel coming over to her house and him then driving off.

This can turn bad in many ways for Dexter, with him ultimately being skinned, which I doubt but as Miguel said on the roof top he could get search warrants, in this case he would be missing, they could do a quick search through his house and could probably find a lot more.

With only two episodes left it will be nice to see what happens here and how Dexter is going to get out of this. Can't wait for next week!!

Munsu
Mon, 12-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Great fucking episode, this might actually be the best episode of the series so far. I wonder if they'll thoroughly search Dexter's appartment and find his trophies. I would think that's standard procerdure in a missing person's case... if it gets that far.

Assassin
Mon, 12-01-2008, 11:47 PM
i dont think we'll have to worry about dexter's trophies being found. im more interested to see how he'll get out of this, and where things will go from there. Atleast now, he has a way to kill miguel without it becoming a huge deal. he can just put it on the skinner, and then get rid of the skinner. Im still curious though about the lawyer...how will they settle that one. you think they'll leave it as an unsolved case, or connect it to the miguel/dexter/skinner storyline?

FullMetalAlchemist
Tue, 12-02-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm calling it guys it's masuka, he is kidnapping dexter for the bachelor party would be a big old "gotcha guys" by the writers.

Munsu
Tue, 12-02-2008, 05:49 AM
i dont think we'll have to worry about dexter's trophies being found. im more interested to see how he'll get out of this, and where things will go from there. Atleast now, he has a way to kill miguel without it becoming a huge deal. he can just put it on the skinner, and then get rid of the skinner. Im still curious though about the lawyer...how will they settle that one. you think they'll leave it as an unsolved case, or connect it to the miguel/dexter/skinner storyline?
He kills the skinner. Skins Miguel, and puts the ring on his finger.

Yukimura
Wed, 12-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm calling it guys it's masuka, he is kidnapping dexter for the bachelor party would be a big old "gotcha guys" by the writers.

That sounds pretty unlikely, but I would certainly burst into tears laughing if Dexter managed to spend half the episode fearing for his life then managed to get free and sneak up on his captor prepared to sleeper hold him and it turns out to be Matsuka.

More likely though it will happen exactly like Bud said (thanks for ruining the not so surprising surprise :( ) Lots of Dexter worrying, possibly intermixed with LaGuerta getting conflicted over whether she should suspect Miguel. I hope Dexter and the Skinner manage to have a little talk though, I'm sure that would be interesting.

Munsu
Wed, 12-03-2008, 12:02 PM
One thing though, the skinner seems to be driving a nice car... so unless he stole it (which I don't think he did) or Miguel gave him a car (which I don't think either), this may be someone other than the skinner.

Who knows, just throwing that observation out there. That Matsuka theory sounds awesome.

Sorry for ruining it for you Yuki, if that's what indeed happens. Seems like the theory that most makes sense. It'll be awesome whatever happens anyways.

kAi
Mon, 12-08-2008, 05:53 AM
fark!
This show is awesome!!
Good one FullMetalAlchemist!!

Just toss and turns everywhere and finally it has come at the end of the episode, but next, how is this case going to resolve? What happened with Maria? Are they going to leave the cases unsolved?

Next episode is season finale also!

FullMetalAlchemist
Mon, 12-08-2008, 10:37 AM
lol i so called that one, this season started slow but damn is it ending nicely, to bad this season is almost over and sundays become boring again after football :(

Jessper
Mon, 12-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Miguel will not be a case left unsolved. As the inner monologue said, he is too high profile to simply disappear. Also, the strangling rather than a knife to the chest is way off from Dexter's style, it was a presentation for whomever he leaves the body for.

The skinner I'm not sure, I'd be surprised if Dexter killed him at this point. The cops have to have a win somewhere in this season... ;)

Munsu
Mon, 12-08-2008, 12:43 PM
I think it would be cool if Dexter started killing the Skinner in order to frame him for Miguel, and Deb catches him. I think it would be kinda nice having Deb know Dexter's secrets and stuff. She's surely one of the few people he won't be able to get rid off for knowing him.

kAi
Mon, 12-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Well, Deb at the moment is asking for all of her Dad's nice looking CI's, hehe. She is bound to find out that it is Dexter's mum that her dad was with. I wonder if she would find out about the Ice Truck killer being her brother's brother, haha.

There was also talk in this episode from Deb where she said "Yes, when ever you have an earth shattering ball crushing mind fuck of a secret, you should tell your fucken sister" (Fuck, I love Deb's lines), I wonder if she will find out about Dexter. I think it will happen some time, just don't know when.

There is still a whole episode to go, and Miguel is already dead, so it would only leave for the skinner to be caught and killed, but there will also be some big thing that happens at the end of the episode.

Munsu
Tue, 12-09-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm very interested in the role Miguel's borther will have in this series from here on out. I think he's a cool character to have around, and he could fill the void of Detective Doakes.

kAi
Mon, 12-15-2008, 04:55 AM
Not all of this was the ending I was expecting.

Ramon almost was going down the road of Doakes, he does have the possibility of coming back and trying to take Dexter down, but probably not.

With the preview how it was saying that one life is lost and another is begun, do you think there is problems with the pregnancy and Rita dies? or is it foreboding someone else that is going to die, well it would need to be someone of the regulars, or they are just saying that because Dexter is a serial killer, not sure.

All in all, another great season!

kAi
Sat, 05-02-2009, 03:58 AM
Found this about season 4.

Apologies in advance for perpetuating an overused pun, but Dexter's fourth season sounds, well, killer.

When the Showtime hit returns next fall, six months will have lapsed on screen, leaving newlyweds Dexter (Michael C. Hall) and Rita (Julie Benz) the proud parents of a baby boy. "This season, we're going to deal with: Can a serial killer juggle a personal life, work, and his 'dark passenger'?" reveals executive producer Sara Colleton. "In other words, can Dexter have it all? Which is something all of us grapple with every day of our lives. So we're taking something that is a very human dilemma and putting it through the prism of Dexter's special needs."

Further complicating Dexter's intricate balancing act will be a new, as-yet-uncast male antagonist who will "cross paths with Dexter in a major, dramatic way," teases Colleton. "He will illuminate a lot about Dexter's life and force him to make some tough choices." (Word is they're looking for a "Jeff Daniels-type" to play the role.)

Meanwhile, Dex's plucky sister, Deb (played by Hall's real-life wife, Jennifer Carpenter), will unwittingly threaten to shed light on his dark secret. "All the way through the season, Deb -- in her need to know her father more -- is going to get closer and closer to figuring out who Dexter's mother was and her relationship with her father," says Colleton. So might the day come when Dex is forced to slice and dice her? "That is inconceivable to me," declares Colleton. "Deb and Dexter are the best brother-and-sister team ever." One could even call them...killer. (Sorry again!)

[Source: ausiellofiles.ew.com]

Penner
Sat, 05-02-2009, 06:16 AM
Nice find!

Sounds great, Dexter is another show that was awesome all the way through, not one "bad" ep. (the same goes for Supernatural, imo)

They may have less awesome eps but they are never bad :D

Munsu
Sun, 05-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I wanted to see Rita pregnant and see how Dexter deals with it.

Munsu
Wed, 05-27-2009, 11:19 PM
This is awesome, casting news for the new antagonist:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/dexter-exclusiv.html

Penner
Thu, 05-28-2009, 06:30 AM
That IS awesome news!

Penner
Sun, 07-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Showtime to launch animated 'Dexter' prequel (http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/07/dexter-panel-comic-con-.html)

Xrlderek
Wed, 08-19-2009, 08:21 AM
A preair of the first episode of season 4 has come out.
http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=dexter&cat=0

I think the quality is bad, but I haven't seen it for myself yet.

Penner
Wed, 08-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Ye i just noticed it was out, i'm still not sure if ill watch it or wait for a hgih quality release tho...

poopdeville
Tue, 09-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Too bad this show started going down hill when it got syndicated by CBS. The Bay Harbor Butcher from Season 1, and Dexter's backstory, were gnarly. Season 2 and 3 were tame by comparison.

Kusanagi
Tue, 09-01-2009, 11:58 PM
It's all tame compared to the books. I won't give any spoilers, but book one is so much better than season one.

And I do believe the Bay Harbor Butcher is season 2, and the Ice Truck Killer was season 1.

Season 3 did seem to veer off the darkside of serial killing and went for what appeared to be a more "CSI/Law n Order" style of drama and interpersonal conflicts. So I see where your coming from with that one.

Here's hoping season 4 is killer (lame pun intended).

UChessmaster
Mon, 09-14-2009, 05:20 AM
Dexter the game! (http://www.qj.net/Dexter-sneaks-his-way-onto-the-App-Store-gameplay-footage-revealed/pg/49/aid/134497) :eek:

Munsu
Sun, 09-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Don't forget that Dexter returns tonight. I bet many of you already watched the leaked episode, which was awesome.

Penner
Sun, 09-27-2009, 04:11 PM
I did not, i prefer quality over speed ;P

Totally looking forward to tomorrow's ep though!

Munsu
Sun, 09-27-2009, 04:38 PM
I did not, i prefer quality over speed ;P

Totally looking forward to tomorrow's ep though!
It's a dvd screener, so it's good quality. Don't know about other preair releases, but the one I saw was normal quality.

Penner
Mon, 09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
ya but even dvdrips/screeners look kinda sucky on a computer monitor (unless you have a really low res monitor)

They do look good (like normal tv shows) if i use the tv out and watch on the tv instead but i still prefer to watch 720p/1080p my computer. ^_^

Yukimura
Mon, 11-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Holy crap I didn't see THAT coming! I knew something was up with the reporter but I wouldn't have guessed she was linked that tightly to Trinity. I guess the question is does she know and help him cover it up?

TwisT
Mon, 12-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Just watched the season finale, and just wow. The ending had me baffled. I did not see that coming.

The episode itself was like other finales. Police closing in on the prey, Dexter has to race to get to him first, facing obstacles on his way and so forth. The standard finale layout. But i could never have predicted that ending.

Genma
Tue, 12-15-2009, 03:01 AM
I just remembered how I came across this show, and I think it was thanks to this thread a few years ago (judging from the front page). So... thank you guys, it's a great show. ;_;

Anyways, this season was pretty good. I was worried the writers were taking a step in the wrong direction after a mediocre season 3, but this proved me wrong. Interesting nemesis + bringing back cool killing methods for Dex (the buzzsaw from Season 1 on the trucker, plus Trinity's death :O), and of course a pretty good cliffhanger ending. My favorite is still season 2 though for some reason, Doakes vs Dexter in hand to hand combat was just badass... unlike wussy Quinn just falling over like a chump.

2>1>4>>>>>>>3... We'll see how season 5 fares.

Munsu
Mon, 12-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Just watched the season, and I thought it was a really good one. I wonder how the ending, which caught me by surprise, but kinda thought something was going to go wrong once Dexter entered the house... I particularly thought that someone had witnessed Dexter doing something wrong and it was going to be revealed then. Maybe Quinn showing up...

Anyways, I think Debra and Dexter are going to move in together. It also won't surprise me if a new family member shows up and tries to take custody of the kids.

Munsu
Wed, 12-23-2009, 12:11 AM
As an admin, I'm going to invoke the double posting rule breaking provison for a moment.

What do you guys think of some of this ideas (some not mine):

1. We haven't seen the last of Rita. She'll appear like Dexter's dad... she like the anti-Dark Passanger.

2. Already mentioned above the probable custody battle.

3. Rita's death not being due to Trinity, but some sort of copy cat. Maybe the neighbor? Maybe one of Ritas ex's we don't know about (I think it was mentioned she had been in 2 or 3 previous really bad relationships)? Quinn? An unknown friend/acquientance of Trinity?

4. Rita mentioned she used to be a wild party girl, so Dexter realizes he didn't know much about her as he thought he did (kinda like his dad), as he goes through Rita's past to find her killer.

I don't know, plenty of good theories I've seen around. Quite excited for next season, can't wait for it.

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-23-2009, 06:15 AM
1. We haven't seen the last of Rita. She'll appear like Dexter's dad... she like the anti-Dark Passanger.

3. Rita's death not being due to Trinity, but some sort of copy cat. Maybe the neighbor? Maybe one of Ritas ex's we don't know about (I think it was mentioned she had been in 2 or 3 previous really bad relationships)? Quinn? An unknown friend/acquientance of Trinity?I'll just focus on these two because they're the most interesting (IMO).

I actually hope we do see the first one, because after this, Harry (really the Dark Passenger itself I think) is going to be on Dexter's case non-stop. Lots of Dexter self-doubting himself and the life he had chosen through "I told you so," and other phrases like that. She can show up and try to keep Dexter on his path of balancing everything. He was getting pretty good at it, but so much went wrong at the end with Trinity because he got too hasty and panicked after he got found out, and Deb finding out about his mother and his connection to the Ice Truck Killer didn't help any. A phantom Rita could help convince him that one mistake doesn't mean that his plan was completely wrong.

I like the possibility, but I really think that Trinity did it, though there is certainly room for interpretation either way, but I think the case for Trinity doing it is stronger.

Trinity definitely found the Deb's apartment first, but instead of murdering her (which would make Dexter and he have a similar past) he left pretty quickly and had more than enough time to find Rita back at the house having forgotten what ever it was. There was also the line Trinity gave Dexter when Dexter was about to do the deed, "You've already lost it." It seemed like he was just mocking Dexter and his naive plan to have it all, but once you heard the phone message and Rita's phone ring inside the house, it took on a very different light immediately.

That said, the way that Harrison was just sitting there, exactly the same as little Dexter almost implies that someone may indeed have known exactly what happened to Dexter when he was young...or perhaps Trinity didn't leave Deb's place as quickly as we thought and read through all the papers she had just recently found in order to break the news to Dexter. The bathtub fits Trinity's usual pattern, but he wanted to make Dexter suffer uniquely for what Dexter had done to him.

Someone else could have done it, but in the final hours, Trinity had enough time and was in the right places to learn everything he needed to know to make Dexter suffer that much more.

But if Trinity had Christine, who is to say that he didn't have more random children that are about her age?

Munsu
Wed, 12-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Considering that Dexter just about has solved all the important mysteries of his life, I would think that a search for the real killer of Rita, and as a consequence he solving some mystery about Rita's past is on the cards. He already found his mom's killer. He already found his bro. He already found out about Harry's past, and is still questioning his code.

So, I think a search for Rita's real killer is in the cards as a mystery for Dexter to solve. He already had a friend, been persuited as the Bay Harbor Butcher, and he just experienced the mother of all serial killers, so what's next really?

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 12-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I actually think the case for someone else killing Rita is stronger than the case for Trinity killing her. Rita was dead in a pool of blood, and the baby was kind of just there in the bathroom. This series kind of focuses on the ritualistic nature of the murders that serial killers do. I don't think trinity would've killed Rita in that fashion just to get back at Dexter. He would've used another method; he needs to keep the ritual sacred. As far as I saw, he didn't have a chance to bury a little boy, so the woman in the tub couldn't have come yet.

That's not to say that trinity couldn't have been the killer, but I think the ritual is more important than those words. I admit that the things that the "It's already over..." thing Trinity said is suspicious, but until this point in the series, I haven't seen a serial murderer deviate from the ritual. It's always done completely, or not at all.

Now, if I'm right and the killer is not Trinity, then I think the killer is very likely to be someone who knows about Dexter, as has already been mentioned. The murder does look like a frame up of Trinity, and the baby actually sitting in all that blood just seems like too much coinkidink. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone Dexter knew. I'm gonna go ahead and call this one. Masuka did it.

Munsu
Wed, 12-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Wow, Masuka... he certainly was more than wierd towards the end. And he seemed to take Rita kissing the neighbor quite hard. Good call there.

Yukimura
Wed, 12-23-2009, 03:34 PM
While I can respect the joy of wild mass guessing I feel you all should know that the identity of Rita's killer was revealed in an interview with one of the executive producers. I won't spoil it for those who still want to speculate but unless they go back on what they have publicly stated the question of who killed Rita has already been officially answered (perhaps a poor decision considering how debatable the ending left the question).

Interview with 'Dexter' exec producer about Season 4 Finale (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/12/14/dexter-boss-confirms-timeline-goof/).

Munsu
Wed, 12-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Those are lies! They won't fool me.

Well, in any case, Dexter season 5 needs to start now.

SamuraiOdin
Wed, 01-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Michael C Hall (aka Dexter) has Cancer?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100113/ap_en_ot/us_people_michael_c_hall

It's in remission it seems, but still...

Cal_kashi
Wed, 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Dexter season 5, Deb and Dex team up to kill or be killed by a psycho. A monster the likes of which Dexter can't even imagine. A ggggghhhhooooossst pirate!
Can't start soon enough.
Sigh, so sad Darla is dead. =(

Munsu
Wed, 05-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Looks like Julia Stiles is signing up for Dexter:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/26/dexter-julia-stiles/

TwisT
Thu, 05-27-2010, 12:59 AM
OH YEAH!

Love Julia Stiles. Sad to see her going to television though. Think her talents is to good for television. But whatever. Good to see her join Dexter of all shows. Wonder what role she will get. Like the article said, it seems to soon after Rita's death for her to be a love interest. So maybe a investigative reporter? Or maybe she just get some housewife/random non-threatening female lead that will become a love interest further down the line (yea i really want to see some romance involving Julia)?

Munsu
Wed, 07-14-2010, 09:13 AM
http://a.imageshack.us/img180/331/remakedirobocopfilm.jpg

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Peter-Weller-Joins-1020539.aspx

Munsu
Fri, 07-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Comic-con preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb94RrfGlso

Munsu
Mon, 07-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Better quality and more awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE

Yukimura
Mon, 07-26-2010, 11:55 AM
I hope this season can keep up with or even up the ante on last season. I think the elements they showed in the trailer could come together into something excellent. My biggest concern would be that Quinn doesn't just end up being Doakes 2.0 without much new to bring to the table. Then again, we could get a rehash of season two with more emphasis on Dexter's mental state deteriorating and perhaps an even more spectacularly messed up climax and I wouldn't find that all bad.

Archangel
Mon, 08-16-2010, 03:13 AM
Finished this a while back and i got to say that it's a pretty great show

I don't think any of the seasons ever excelled as much as the first one did but season 4 came pretty close and all of them were overall very enjoyable

Looking forward to season 5, Dexter should be more unstable than ever

Munsu
Mon, 09-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Dexter is back bitches...

Not much going on in the first episode, it was just a nice goodbye to Rita.

The fun starts from here on... though there was a very cool kill in this one. I thought Debra was awesome in this episode, well acted.

mage
Tue, 09-28-2010, 06:13 PM
I couldn't believe the amount of complaining about this episode I saw on some other forums. It's a direct pick up from the end of season 4, were people actually expecting Dexter to go from Rita being killed to being his normal badass self just like that?

They even complain that this episode makes Dexter seem more human (even though he murders some random guy...) after the entire series is about him becoming more human. What do they think they're watching?

UChessmaster
Wed, 09-29-2010, 02:38 PM
I loved this episode, i`m not sure why anyone would complain, is evident Dexter became more and more human these last 48 episodes, i don`t think he proposed to Rita so he can keep her as cover up or just because of Harrison but because he truly loved her.

I do wonder what`s going to happen to the kids, will they go live with their grandparents? what about Harrison?

Assassin
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:39 PM
alot of character development for dex in this episode. Im really looking forward to the rest of the season. I wonder if Quinn will pursue his hunch.

Munsu
Fri, 10-01-2010, 09:13 AM
alot of character development for dex in this episode. Im really looking forward to the rest of the season. I wonder if Quinn will pursue his hunch.

Doakes Part Deux? Only Dexter has stuff on him too.

Munsu
Mon, 10-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Just watched the third episode and it was good, it looks like the show is getting back to form. Love the part when Dexter and the other dude get taken to the hospital.

Looks like next episode will be awesome from what I can see.

poopdeville
Tue, 10-12-2010, 02:24 AM
Just watched the third episode and it was good, it looks like the show is getting back to form. Love the part when Dexter and the other dude get taken to the hospital.

Yeah, I liked the animal collector.

TwisT
Mon, 10-25-2010, 02:12 PM
So Julia Stiles have been in the last two episodes. I wonder what she will do now. Will she continue the hunt? And/Or did she stay to be closer to Dexter? If they meet will Dexter help her out in the end? I hope they will have some kind of messed up relationship with each other.

Oh and Mr.Robocop, Peter Weller showed up at the end. So he will be the one to hunt Dexter and dig up his skeletons. Dexter is boned now! And how disgusting is Quinn? Fucking Morgan at the same time he's going after Dexter. And why? Hardly because he's a decent cop. Because Dexter witnessed his dirty dealings? Isn't it stupid to go after him when he has so far expressed zero will to use that info? Quinn is stupid.

And wtf is up with Batista being a jealous asshole? Laguerta should just dump him. She's a cop and she should know how it turns out with guys like that.

Oh and did i mentioned how good looking Julia is? she looked awesome :)

UChessmaster
Mon, 10-25-2010, 02:23 PM
You can`t really blame Batista for being a little bit suspecting now can you? considering the evidence he had at hand.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 10-30-2010, 02:44 PM
So Julia Stiles have been in the last two episodes. I wonder what she will do now. Will she continue the hunt? And/Or did she stay to be closer to Dexter? If they meet will Dexter help her out in the end? I hope they will have some kind of messed up relationship with each other.

Oh and Mr.Robocop, Peter Weller showed up at the end. So he will be the one to hunt Dexter and dig up his skeletons. Dexter is boned now! And how disgusting is Quinn? Fucking Morgan at the same time he's going after Dexter. And why? Hardly because he's a decent cop. Because Dexter witnessed his dirty dealings? Isn't it stupid to go after him when he has so far expressed zero will to use that info? Quinn is stupid.

And wtf is up with Batista being a jealous asshole? Laguerta should just dump him. She's a cop and she should know how it turns out with guys like that.

Oh and did i mentioned how good looking Julia is? she looked awesome :)

Wow, I disagree with just about everything you said. I've never liked julia styles and think she looks just as bad now as she ever did. Batista wasn't being a jealous asshole, he was being an outraged husband. His wife was dishonored and he defended her honor, even if it was illegal to do so. Also, he managed to humble himself enough to apologize. Decent man in my book, even if he could've went about it in a smarter way. And um...those artist renditions of kyle buttler look a hell of a lot like dexter morgan. With the fact that trinity hit up Rita, that's enough of a hunch to look into. Because, you know, they need to find Trinity, and kyle buttler's their best lead.

Genma
Thu, 11-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Last episode was really weird. So many jokes.... I couldn't help but laugh at the end when Masuka visually described how the dentist guy and the gay saran wrap guy died, though.

Munsu
Wed, 11-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Last episode was really weird. So many jokes.... I couldn't help but laugh at the end when Masuka visually described how the dentist guy and the gay saran wrap guy died, though.

I agree, that was awesome... I loved how he went, "it's quite obvious what happened here", then he went on to explain in detail while making gestures of stroking his cock.

poopdeville
Mon, 11-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Dexter is in deep shit. Too bad, he and Lumen are a nice pair.

Munsu
Mon, 11-22-2010, 11:33 PM
That ass kicking Dexter gave in yesterday's episode was one of my favorite scenes of the series so far.

Yukimura
Tue, 11-23-2010, 12:01 AM
This seasons' plot is heating up quite nicely. I'm getting the feeling Lumen won't make it to the end of the season alive but how the situation with Liddy will be resolved could be interesting.

poopdeville
Tue, 11-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Yes, I agree. I don't see how Dexter is going to find out about Liddy though. So he might just end up in the slammer.

I'm sure Dexter will move Lumen into his apartment as soon as he hears about what's-his-face's threat.

I was vaguely hoping the blood in the vial was the Ice Truck Killer's. Hehheh.

Munsu
Tue, 11-23-2010, 12:04 PM
This seasons' plot is heating up quite nicely. I'm getting the feeling Lumen won't make it to the end of the season alive but how the situation with Liddy will be resolved could be interesting.

I'm not sure about Lumen not lasting until the end, I have a feeling she will. I think it's time someone who knows Dexter's secret survives, plus I don't know about two female acquaintances of Dexter dying so close together. But we'll see.

"I killed the neighbor's dog"... loved that line.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 11-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Yes, I agree. I don't see how Dexter is going to find out about Liddy though. So he might just end up in the slammer.

I'm sure Dexter will move Lumen into his apartment as soon as he hears about what's-his-face's threat.

I was vaguely hoping the blood in the vial was the Ice Truck Killer's. Hehheh.

Liddy...I think Quinn might murder his delightfully scheming ass.

Genma
Tue, 11-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Not really enjoying this season so much.

It's okay but... I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of Dexter's new personality. If he was a real sociopath he would've had no problem killing Lumen. I know about his code or whatever but he's killed an innocent before, albeit accidentally, so I don't see why he'd feel bad about covering his tracks. Now he's taking Lumen in as an apprentice who he also has sex with, when he should've learned from his mistake when he befriended Miguel in Season 3.

I'm really hoping something dramatic happens within the next few episodes, something to Dexter in particular (like he's outted as a serial killer and he goes on the run, how this season should've been)... but I doubt it. If nothing really jaw dropping happens, this'll be my least favorite season since 3.

Munsu
Sun, 10-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Well, tomorrow is the return of Dexter... start of season 6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGslI_KcM

I have to say that I got a great feeling about this season, looks like we're getting the old Dexter back.

UChessmaster
Sun, 10-02-2011, 06:27 AM
That episode got leaked a while ago btw :p

Animeniax
Sun, 10-02-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm about to start watching this show from the very beginning (never seen an episode before). Is it worth seeing from episode 1 or could I start later and still get the full effect?

UChessmaster
Sun, 10-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Start from the beginning.

Munsu
Sun, 10-02-2011, 11:07 AM
That episode got leaked a while ago btw :p

Yeah, I figured, as it always happens with this show, but I haven't been paying much attention. Particularly since I just finishes season 5, thanks for the head's up, will look for it now.

@Animeniax start from the beginning for sure.

Assassin
Mon, 10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
edward james olmos <3

Munsu
Mon, 12-19-2011, 12:55 AM
Well, this season has been a piece of shit in my opinion. But just watched the season finale, and the last minute was great.

Cal_kashi
Wed, 12-21-2011, 03:04 AM
Where do they go from here?
So, he nailed Doakes for the Bay Harbor Butcher, they think trinity is still alive. She'll have to figure out that he killed Rudy. She is in love with him, she can totally suppress and ignore her instincts and believe whatever story he feeds her. He'll tell her that DDK kidnapped his son, he went and found Harrison and snapped. She'll buy it.

kyubisrage
Wed, 12-21-2011, 11:59 AM
So, he nailed Doakes for the Bay Harbor Butcher, they think trinity is still alive. She'll have to figure out that he killed Rudy. She is in love with him, she can totally suppress and ignore her instincts and believe whatever story he feeds her. He'll tell her that DDK kidnapped his son, he went and found Harrison and snapped. She'll buy it.

Lol, tough story to buy that he snapped and then kidnapped ddk saran wrapped his ass in the church he did most of his shit in. Seems pretty premeditated to me and not something you can just snap and do at the spur of the moment lol.

Munsu
Thu, 12-22-2011, 08:07 AM

That seems like it's the likely scenario. Maybe she'll go back and think back on season 5 finale too and make a connection.

Assassin
Mon, 12-26-2011, 10:50 PM
you know, i suspected deb mite find out a few episodes ago cuz they were hinting at it quite hard, but that last scene with dexter giving the whole god speech, and ending with "oh god"...that was still fucking awesome.

I wonder how he'll explain this to her....i dont forsee it being a problem to be honest. even if deb wasnt in love with him, i dont think she'd have a problem with him killing ddk. I think she'll freak out more about the fact that she never suspected him and get all emotional, possibly having a meltdown.

UChessmaster
Tue, 12-27-2011, 08:33 AM

Unlikely, no matter how you look at it, this kill is 100% premeditated because of the way travis was set up. There`s also the fact that she`s quite familiar with the set up, being a victim JUST like that back in Season 1 and Dan the dentist was wrapped in plastic in a similar way, who by "coincidence" was found by Dexter, i`ll be surprised if she buys his story of defending Harrison.

I think the whole love thing was not done so that she`ll forgive him by the first half of episode 1, i think it was done so that the blow of knowing hits her harder and harder it did, Deb is now broken beyond repair. Can`t wait for next season.

dragonrage
Tue, 12-27-2011, 03:44 PM
It did end spectacularly. I couldn't help thinking you bastards, I want more.

After a lot of thought, I don't think he will confess entirely. More like he will say he went to the crime scene to finish up and well he was there and something just came over him will all that has been happening. She might not totally buy it but sure as hell would understand and maybe the next season will be about here figuring out more about him and the Serial Killer want to be guy that is interning. It's been eating away at me but I think he has some connection to Rudy, he is just to interested in Dexter and not in a gay or mentor-ish way.

Janice
Tue, 12-27-2011, 06:27 PM
I can see Dexter telling her everything. Deb being in love with him is definitely going to be the major factor in how she handles it. That's the only reason they brought that side story in to begin with.

dragonrage
Wed, 12-28-2011, 03:34 PM
It will mess with her entire sense of Justice. It's not a matter of her accepting it or not. It's a matter of then what....

Munsu
Wed, 06-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Yvonne Strahovski joins Dexter for a multi episode arc. Sarah from Chuck for those wondering, and for the gamers Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect.

Animeniax
Wed, 06-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Yvonne Strahovski joins Dexter for a multi episode arc. Sarah from Chuck for those wondering, and for the gamers Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect.

For the true fans of Sarah, she was also in Killer Elite and in Sobe drink commercials.

Munsu
Wed, 06-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Was planning on watching Killer Elite within the next few days. Any good?

Animeniax
Wed, 06-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah good action/special ops movie. Good cast with cool action and fight sequences. Supposedly based on actual events.

Penner
Thu, 06-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Nice, love Yvonne :P

Killer Elite is indeed pretty good, i enjoyed it alot more than i did "Haywire"... man that movie was such a disappointment :/

Munsu
Fri, 06-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Teaser of the next season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OLyJdnLuTU

poopdeville
Fri, 06-22-2012, 08:15 PM
This show is still on?

UChessmaster
Fri, 06-22-2012, 10:24 PM
2 more seasons.

Assassin
Sat, 06-23-2012, 10:18 PM
cant wait!

Munsu
Wed, 06-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Confirmed that 2 more seasons, and that season 8 will be the last one:
http://screencrush.com/dexter-season-8/

Assassin
Fri, 06-29-2012, 03:31 PM
niice. good to know they have a definite ending in mind. it means the show wont just linger and churn out stupid episodes, each episode be meaningful!

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 06-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Sure hope so, because last season felt like it was an interesting season, but only 2 or 3 seasons into this series, not 5 or 6. The religion aspect could've been interesting, but it had next to no affect on Dexter other than to get angry at the loss of a friend.

Assassin
Mon, 07-02-2012, 12:23 PM
i dont really think it was meant to have an affect on him, it was really just there to introduce him to another aspect of life that he knew nothing about.

Munsu
Thu, 08-16-2012, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzpnjVmuCA

Is there anything left to say other than, fucking bring it on?

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-16-2012, 10:44 PM
one word: WOW

Janice
Fri, 08-17-2012, 04:20 PM
I broke my rule of never watching teaser/trailers of shows I'm going to watch anyway. Really wish I didn't because that video is quite spoilerific. Did that scene with Masuka really have to be in there?

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-17-2012, 05:05 PM
99% chance is a dream/imagination scenario.

TwisT
Fri, 08-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Indeed. Even if Dexter was gonna kill Masuka i can't imagine he would do it this way. Most likely an effect of Deb finding out. Dexter is probably go around imagine others finding out and fear what he might do if that happens. Can't tell you how much i have been looking forward to this. I have been wondering ever since the first season what would happen if Deb found out. Finally we gonna find out.

Munsu
Fri, 08-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I broke my rule of never watching teaser/trailers of shows I'm going to watch anyway. Really wish I didn't because that video is quite spoilerific. Did that scene with Masuka really have to be in there?

That scene is probably a dream sequence or Dexter or Debra's imagination running wild.

Janice
Fri, 08-17-2012, 11:13 PM
I figured that too since it's unlikely Dexter would ever kill anyone that way. Still something I would've rather not seen in a trailer though.

Y
Mon, 08-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Too little, too late for this show. Diminishing returns after season 2 have really put a damper on the potential of this reveal - not to mention the creepy as fuck Deb/Dexter shit from the last season.

Assertn
Tue, 08-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Gotta say, as much as I liked Dexter, Breaking Bad seems to have accomplished more in 2 seasons in terms of plot/character development than Dexter did in 7.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 08-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Agreed. The first season of Dexter was excellent, the second was good (I still contend Dexter should've been dead that season). But the other seasons where mostly meh because of a lack of character development. One of the problems is that the gimmicks for each season seem to have no lasting impact on Dexter. The friendship and trust thing in season 3, the death of the wife in season 4, and the religion thing in season 6. Makes the show feel like it lacks progression. This coming season is the first time in years that there will be real character development that should make a lasting impact (on Dexter). The sister on the other hand has developed awesomely until that creepy thing at the end of last season.

Breaking bad on the other hand... I like how my brother put it. He said that the characters in the show are kind of like the guy you play in the fable series. As you get deeper and deeper into being evil, your features change to match. Their changes are chronicled on their faces, Walt and Jesse's in particular.

Splash!
Wed, 08-22-2012, 02:44 PM
It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to compare character development in Breaking Bad to Dexter. As the name implies, "Breaking Bad" is pretty much about Walt's metamorphosis. He started out as just an ordinary high school Chemistry teacher and there was plenty of room for him to develop.

Dexter, on the other hand, started out as a serial killer with a code. How exactly do you go about developing such a character? Either he starts changing back into a normal person (it would be naive to think this could truly happen) or he completely gives up his code and disintegrates into the same kind of monster as those that he kills. Yet, his whole character revolves around resisting the change into the latter and maintaining a balance. While change would be nice, it is a lot harder to do in this situation and still stick to the main premise of the show.

That being said, I do agree that this show has been stretched out far too much. I didn't see a whole lot of value in Season 3 (the one about his friendship with Miguel), Season 5 (with Julia Styles and the motivational speaker) and much of the last one (with the exception of the end).

Munsu
Sun, 09-30-2012, 11:05 PM
He's baaaaaaaaaack!

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I have not felt that excited about a Dexter episode in a LONG time. I couldn't help but laugh when he managed to string those lies to Deb in the church. You have to truly want to believe something to get taken in during a situation like that...Same with Dexter somehow thinking things were going to be the same between Deb and him. It made me laugh every time. The scene where Dexter entered his apartment to find Deb looking shell-shocked, sitting amidst the mess she made of his apartment...thrilling! I hope this season is good. I couldn't have asked for a better start.

UChessmaster
Mon, 10-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Excellent episode, loved each and every second of it, that is all.

Munsu
Mon, 10-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Yep, an excellent start...and I guess we were all wrong about the scenes from the promo being "a dream". Didn't expect for this development to come about this soon in the season.

oyabun
Tue, 10-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Oh man... I can't wait for the day for that tech guy to die. With all he has done to Dexter and probably planning on doing. I just hope he gets what he deserve, the Dexter WAY. And yea cause he's banging Batista's sister...

TwisT
Tue, 10-02-2012, 02:14 AM
I might just reach nirvana soon. "Are you a serial killer? -Yes". And the preview promises even more of the same tempo next episode.

oyabun
Mon, 10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Oh my.. Yvonne Strahovski in the preview. :p

Assertn
Tue, 10-09-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm glad Dexter finally came clean to Deb, instead of stretching the white lies for half the season. Seriously, it only took Breaking Bad 2 seasons to get to this point. His confession call to Deb in this episode was an interesting uncharacteristic twist for Dexter, but we already know that things are only going to get harder now, considering the captain chick is investigating the blood slide and the Russian mob guys are tracking him down. I'm really not sure how far this can go.

UChessmaster
Tue, 10-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Lagordita pretty much signed her death sentence.

Assertn
Tue, 10-09-2012, 11:25 AM

Yeah... she's obviously not going to stop until she dies or Dexter is apprehended.

Munsu
Tue, 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM

Lagordita should've been killed seasons ago. Crossing my fingers.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 10-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Deb is just awesome. Her reaction to this is understandable, but it's far more measured than I thought it would've been, at least as things stand. And when she said 'there have to be families out there that are more fucked up than us..." I lol'd, because poor Dex only knows the half of it.

lol...*high five*

UChessmaster
Fri, 10-12-2012, 07:29 AM
So season 8 will start shooting earlier, which brings rumors about the season itself being longer, thoughts? does the last season really needs more episodes? will it pull a Breaking Bad and divide it in 2?

Splash!
Tue, 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM
I am really liking Ray Stevenson as the main villain. He is already on to Dexter this early, this just keeps on getting better. I really wanted Lewis dead, good to see that happened so quick.

Munsu
Tue, 10-16-2012, 06:07 PM
I wanted him dead too, but I thought he had some real potential to screw Dexter over... I found his "sinking his boat" attempt a bit lame, considering how much shit he had going for him from the IT side of things. That said, I'm glad he's gone... I wonder if blood spatter was left on Dexter's boat, and if so, will Dexter see it, and how it'll play through the season. I'm sure Lewis' death will come back sooner or later to fuck Dexter over somehow.

The other thing I want to see is Deb making the connection between Dexter and the guy he let go 2 seasons ago with the motivational speaker (I'm pretty sure that connection hasn't been made yet).

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 11-12-2012, 05:24 AM
This season is turning out to be quite nice. Hanna McKay being fucking hot help. Almost makes up for Lumen from season 5. However, those last two episodes, where Dexter finds himself drawn to Hanna, and they start having sex, those were some of the creepiest moments in the entire series for me. I actually shivered when he started freeing her from the plastic bonds on the table that first time around. And now, Debra is asking him to take that bitch out, and man do I get him not wanting to. The drama is thick this season xD.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Yeah...this season really is making my skin crawl. Other than the fact that she's a murderous bitch, I'm about ready to see Hanna McKay get tabled, but I'm not entirely sure why. It probably has to do with how badly Deb is taking everything, or just how creepy Hanna's relationship with Dex is. And I'll admit to feeling slightly bad for Isaac. This whole thing is motivated by heartbreak. For some reason I thought it was a son he lost, which is just as bad if not worse. And he did do us the public service of murdering Louis. So unfortunate how the battle lines are drawn this season. At least Lagordita looks like she's about to get got.

edit: Oh, and in a similar (but less drastic) way to Dexter walking up to Sergeant Doakes in season 2 and disarming him, I call bullshit on Dexter walking up to the hitman and slitting his throat. Just utter nonsense, I can't suspend my disbelief. I hate when they do that shit.

Assertn
Mon, 11-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Isaac definitely redeemed himself this episode. I always thought it was strange how emotional he got over victor at the same time that he talked about callously pushing his old teacher down a flight of stairs. Dexter killing the hitman and then fleeing the apt was pretty frustrating to me, though. He could have easily allowed the hitman a shot at Isaac, or at least to serve as a distraction, and even after killing him, he still could've hid the body with plenty of time to hide himself in wait for Isaac to come home.

Assassin
Mon, 11-26-2012, 01:06 AM
this whole time i thought viktor was either his son or little brother.

Splash!
Mon, 11-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Are you guys joking about not realizing Viktor was Isaac's lover? I had a very strong suspicion at the end of the very first episode of the season (when he had that big smile on his face after knowing Viktor was safe and on his way to Kiev). The latter episodes only made this clearer. At the very least, it should have been obvious when he was shown crying over the photo of the two.

Splash!
Tue, 11-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Wow, I am not sure how they did it but they managed to implode what was turning out to be a great season in a single episode.

I really thought I was watching a sitcom for most of the episode. It was absurd in so many ways.

UChessmaster
Tue, 11-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Uhmm... what`s wrong with this season...?

Splash!
Tue, 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM
I did not appreciate both Deborah and Isaac's sudden change in behaviour towards Dexter. It was as if the last few episodes didn't exist. Also, I did not like how they wrapped up the Isaac storyline so abruptly. That last episode was just too random...

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Isaac getting shot by George after that kind of made sense, but the fact that Isaac threw his gun out right before that scene did not. I just didn't like the tension that existed between the two on account of a lack of trust. Sure, they might not trust each other, but Isaac had a gun, and Dexter had a knife. Moreover, Isaac knew the kinds of things Dexter's "capable" of doing with a knife. So he has the upper hand. No need for him to throw his gun out, which makes the scene he gets shot in, bullshit. It's almost as if Dexter has a superpower that makes people with guns get reeeeeeaaaaaallllly stupid as he approaches them. Infuriates me every time.

The change in behavior I kind of get though. For Deb, she's been bitching for quite some time about this, and came to terms so well with what Dex was doing that she actually tried to put a hit on Hannah. After he refused, she did some more bitching...but you know what? It's time she started getting her act together and picked herself up from that mess and it's good to see her do that. Dexter doesn't want to kill Hanna...yet...fine. She warns Dex as a concerned sister should, and moves on.

Isaac...didn't want to die, and he liked Dexter on a personal level. What would've made the change in behavior more smooth is if they did a better job of showing Isaac coming to an understanding of just why Dexter is the way he is. Then we could see Isaac develop some kind of scruples based respect for Dexter. Then it'd be easier to believe that he could look past Victor's murder...provided Dexter gives him the help he required. I mean...lovers are important and losing them hurts...but if you continue living you might love again.

Splash!
Tue, 11-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Isaac...didn't want to die, and he liked Dexter on a personal level. What would've made the change in behavior more smooth is if they did a better job of showing Isaac coming to an understanding of just why Dexter is the way he is. Then we could see Isaac develop some kind of scruples based respect for Dexter. Then it'd be easier to believe that he could look past Victor's murder...provided Dexter gives him the help he required. I mean...lovers are important and losing them hurts...but if you continue living you might love again.

Right, I could have bought in to the whole Isaac cooperating with Dexter if it didn't happen so suddenly. Only last episode Isaac calmly pointed out that them killing each other was inevitable, regardless of the circumstances. Yet at the beginning of this one, the first thing he does is ask him for help, even going so far as to suggest that he would overlook Viktor's murder (and it seemed like he was actually going to keep his word!). The only explanation we get for the sudden change of heart is that he was 'scared'.

Edit: I also just remembered Debra's non-reaction when Dexter told her to call off the surveillance on Isaac because he was going to help him instead of killing him. She pretty much went "Oh sure, anything to oblige".

UChessmaster
Wed, 11-28-2012, 04:59 AM
Edit: I also just remembered Debra's non-reaction when Dexter told her to call off the surveillance on Isaac because he was going to help him instead of killing him. She pretty much went "Oh sure, anything to oblige".

I don`t mind Deb`s behaviour at all, realistically it would take her longer to accept Dex, but truth is we only have 12 episodes, do you imagine 9 episodes of "noooooooooooooooo, dex is a killer noooooooooooooo!", she figured he had a plan since he survived this long (and he did[and it worked]).

As for Isaak`s storyline, i think it was done, what else was he going to do for the remaining 3 episodes? more random murder attempts? meh, there are more important things going on, Lagordita`s investigation seems far more exciting to me than Isaak tbh, and they also have to wrap the whole deb-dex thing properly.

About Hannah: I LKE HER! she`s perfect for dexter, she`s not as naive as Rita, not as psycho as Lilah and not confused like Lumen, she`s pretty much the perfect match and i hope she stays.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 12-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Why is this season so good? As has been the case from the beginning, I'm very much enjoying the darker tone this season is taking on, and that's saying a lot considering it's a show about making you cheer on a serial killer. Dexter coming to the realization that the impulse driving him to do what he does is a part of him was brilliant. This is by no means the first time he's struggled with the concept, and hell, I don't even think this is the first time he's said the words. However, this is the first time all of the consequences of that have been addressed. He accepts it to the point that he goes and willfully kills a man who lies outside of the code.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with that, because if I recall correctly, the code was less about making sure he killed people who deserved it, and more about not getting himself caught. Speaking of killing Hannah's dad, I liked the parallels drawn between Dexter and Quinn. Because of who Dexter is and what he does, his killing of Hannah's dad might seem rather dark, but there really is no difference between his motivations and Quinn's motivation for killing that dicktard George. Both men were just protecting their ladies. Seems like Dexter's becoming more "human".

Munsu
Mon, 12-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Man, Dexter is getting played from all sides. Finale should be exciting.

UChessmaster
Mon, 12-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Pretty good ending, i thought SOMEONE framed Hannah, i was surprised when it turned out she did tried to kill Deb.

Seeing Doakes again was nice, i was having a friendly discussion with a friend about how i didn`t liked him being creeped by Dexted for no reason, glad the writers agreed with me!

Maria LaMuerta is gone now, i wonder of ANYONE will link this to Dexter.

1 season to go.

Assassin
Mon, 12-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Soo......that happened. wow.

Is this the series finale?

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 12-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Soo......that happened. wow.

Is this the series finale?

Yessir, that happened. I cheered like hell when that happened. "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER!" Somebody's going to have to explain to me how Lagordita was stupid enough to head out there by herself. I understand she can't go with the might of the police department backing her, but by herself? That shit smelled of trap like a dirty hooker smells of syphilis.

It looks like there'll be one more season after this:

http://screenrant.com/dexter-season-7-final-season-8-aco-182569/