PDA

View Full Version : Death Note

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Lucifus
Thu, 03-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Oh man. This episode was sick! I cant wait to see what L's gonna do.
The next few eps are gonna be the shiyznite.:D

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 03-29-2007, 05:45 PM
animanda released episode 23

http://animanda.edwardk.info/%5BAnimanda%5D_Death_Note_-_23_%5B9FEFD0C4%5D.avi.torrent

UChessmaster
Fri, 03-30-2007, 10:40 AM
hmmmm... light has a 9 digit numbre lifespan while misa has 5... cant be good for her

Yukimura
Fri, 03-30-2007, 11:29 AM
considering there was 20 in the middle of all the numbers over Lights head I don't think the format of the numbers is something as simple as how many days the person has left or anything like that. It's probably some type of weird Shinigami code that doesn't follow any logical rules.

David75
Fri, 03-30-2007, 01:14 PM
hmmmm... light has a 9 digit numbre lifespan while misa has 5... cant be good for her

Take the four last digits as a number
Take the other digits before those and make another number you multiply by 10

With that rule, high number of digits is a problem ;)

In Ep 23 the rule states that Shinigamis and Those with the eyes understand
the lifespan.
When with the eyes, someone does not know their lifespan or the one of another
person having a DN (that's how Misa knew for Light...)
c u

gr3atfull
Fri, 03-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Damn that Light/Kira is such a genius. He thinks of everything! But he's so evil. Cant wait to know how L will stop the Kiras now. The show is getting better and better!!!

ricardorv
Sat, 03-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi:

I have been looking for some of the older episodes and some of the links in the old discussions wont work. Somebody knows of a place where I could find all the episodes?

Yukimura
Sat, 03-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Animanda's tracker seems to be out of commission, I'd recommend trying IRC if you can.

Mr. Roboto
Sat, 03-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi:

I have been looking for some of the older episodes and some of the links in the old discussions wont work. Somebody knows of a place where I could find all the episodes?

episodes 1-11 subbed by [live-evil], click where it says download torrent.

http://torrentspy.com/torrent/1004666/Death_Note_Eps_1_11_Eng_Subs_Live_evil_www_IPTorre nts_com

if that doesn't work, then search on torrentspy.

Raven
Wed, 04-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Kuro-Hana have released ep 25.

Wow. Just wow. I won't say anything until more people have watched, but ZOMG.

Xyrox
Wed, 04-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Kuro-Hana have released ep 25.

Wow. Just wow. I won't say anything until more people have watched, but ZOMG.

May I add another "wow" and "can't wait until the next episode".

Edit: About Light, I think the conversation between him and Ryuk in the first episode sums it up pretty good: (sub by Live-Evil)

Light: Then I can build a world inhabited only by those people I decide are good!
Ryuk: You do something like that, the only one left with a bad personality will be you.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, just skimmed through the last pages; but I wonder that happens to users of Death Notes when they die? Ryuk also stated in ep. 1 that humans who have used the note can't go to heaven or hell. Maybe they become shinigamis as well?

Psyke
Wed, 04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm really, really, really tempted to get these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/mikelly05/mk1101gsgoodsmiledealthnoteyeshenyu.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/mikelly05/mk1102gsgoodsmiledeathnote-deathgod.jpg

Tsukasa
Wed, 04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
This series kicks so much ass. I love the whole plot behind it. I wonder when they will make a animated movie besides the live action movie.

ForteCross
Wed, 04-04-2007, 03:13 PM
if i remember correctly in the manga when ryuk said that the person who use the death note dies, nothing "bad" is gonna happen to him, because there is no heaven nor hell, so he will just die like everyone, and then light said that's better cuz he is not gonna be punished by a devine power for using the note

David75
Wed, 04-04-2007, 03:37 PM
I've seen ep 25.

Didn't like it as there are many other ways for ryuzaki rem could have used instead of using the note herself...

I wonder if ryuzaki really is dead, well at least one of the two human dead really is for Rem to die...
Being rem, would I write Light's name too... to be sure misa would really go on living, even with the pain of losing light? I guess that would be nonsense to rem that fully understands the meaning of dying for the one she loves.

Another point, Rem talks about their digestive organs becoming inoperative... but after what?
would that mean that they were human beings prior to becoming shinigamis? And maybe were they humans with a death note?
That could be logical... eventhough I guess Light being a shinigami wouldn't be able to remain such a bastard he is, or at least he may distance himself so much from the human king he would be like ryuk considering humans like toy ants...

I particularly disliked the "stairs scene", but I guess the writers wanted it to be that way, after all Death Note is all about provocation and being non consensual :D

BioAlien
Wed, 04-04-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm really, really, really tempted to get these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/mikelly05/mk1101gsgoodsmiledealthnoteyeshenyu.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/mikelly05/mk1102gsgoodsmiledeathnote-deathgod.jpg

These looks like Miis (I wish they were...)

Funny cute little figurine.

MFauli
Wed, 04-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Absolutely loved this episode.

SPOILER FOR EPISODE 25

Only thing that bothers me is the title of the next ep: "Reincarnation"

I really want L to stay dead. I want the chapter "Getting rid of L" be ended, now progressing to chapter "Buiding a Shin Sekai".

But really, what was probably even more shocking than Līs death was Watariīs death....poor old man.

Testarossa Autodrive
Wed, 04-04-2007, 03:57 PM
To be honest, I got teary-eyed. D:

I almost didn't want to watch this episode considering the fact that I knew what was coming. Well, at least it's over now. And things will wrap themselves up in the end. :)

I did, however, very much appreciate the way they constructed this episode. I think I felt more emotion towards the animation than I did when reading the manga. It was so dark and sick and twisted, and normally I don't get effected with a lot of other creators who try to pull it off. They really hit the nail on the head with this one.

Lucifus
Wed, 04-04-2007, 06:28 PM
I want to smash Lights head in...really hard.
Kill L? Dont even try that shyt! Wtf!

Bs...>.<

Foomanchew24
Wed, 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Kuro-Hana translation any good? Just wondering, I currently watch Animanda releases but if kuro is any good ill jump on board. Thanks for any input.

Mr. Roboto
Wed, 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM
another great episode. this show just keeps progressing at an incredible pace. as to be expected, L came up with a pretty good plan to test the rules of the Death Note, but ran out of time in the execution.

Yukimura
Wed, 04-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Wow, L's death hit me like a ton of bricks...even though I wanted him to go away, AND I knew he would die. The scene was very touching, made more so by the blatantly duplicitous nature of Light's responses. Now (In theory) Light is the one most likely to catch Kira and the team will probably look to him as they did to Ryuzaki. However I think that L might make a comeback in some form or another (some type of recording or he faked his death) to make trouble.

Light on the other hand will likely try to use L's attempted test to prove that he must be innocent. He has another Death Note now, so he could organize this prisoner writing thing and then just pencil in the guy's death for 13 days after he wrote in the other Death Note.

@Foomanchew24 kuro-hana does a good enough job that you understand what's going on and I haven't been bothered by much watching them. If you want the story ASAP there's no problem with them. If you care about 'better' quality, whatever that means then just stick to waiting for Animanda.

masamuneehs
Wed, 04-04-2007, 07:57 PM
I really liked all the suspicions and the glimpse of L's past. Light being smart enough to manipulate the Shinigami (even if Rem is a simple fool who quickly informed him of her weakness...) is very cool, but still makes him an absolute bastard. I love what L says to him after their talk on the roof, where Light lies to him, "I guess that's why you're popular..."

Misa is so fucking ugly looking now. Goth is such a waste of hotness... L should be even more suspicious of her... even if the rules supposedly say the user will die, the fact that murders started up right after she got released can't be conicidence.

Matsuda had the right idea. Bring the existence of the notes to light and destroy them!

the massage scene was yaoi-licious. I don't recall that being in the manga, but it did ultimately make the final scene more moving. and man, it still makes me so sad to watch that scene where L looks up into Light's eyes. And then I'm just filled with rage when he starts acting upset. This is what sealed my never-ending hatred for Light.

as for the next episode.... Well, many things could be reincarnated... and who knows in what form?

Raven
Wed, 04-04-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here like a few others have and say that L isn't really dead. Not in a denial sense, as I've been rooting for Light the entire series so far and I want him to succeed, but just because I feel like L is too clever to die so easily and may have had a backup plan in place.

I don't know, an identical brother, a fake name, SOMETHING. We all know Rem can be tricked and manipulated, maybe something isn't right here.

And was Rem always supposed to be female? I'd always just assumed it was a "he", not only for the voice but also the feelings for Misa, seems a little weird that a female Shinigami would have feelings for a female human in terms of general anime themes, you don't see that kind of thing all that often.

Also, I don't particularly care personally, but I'm surprised at the lack of comments regarding seeing Misa topless this episode. ;)

masamuneehs
Wed, 04-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Rem was a female. She was in love with Misa. Trans-life/death lesbianism...

animus
Wed, 04-04-2007, 09:53 PM
You don't need to love another person in terms of wanting to be in a relationship. There can be feelings of love that sprout from wanting to protect, as in of kin or of family. Anyways, the moment L closed his eyes was weak. In the manga, right as L died and he was looking at Light's face, there shoulda been a comment that was like "It was you after all" or something along those lines, that was in the manga.

Testarossa Autodrive
Thu, 04-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Right! He says "I knew it/was you" or something along the lines of that. And I was hoping he would say it, but he didn't. Obviously you could tell by his eyes that's what he was thinking, but I'd've liked it if he actually made that clear.

David75
Thu, 04-05-2007, 12:56 AM
the massage scene was yaoi-licious. I don't recall that being in the manga, but it did ultimately make the final scene more moving. and man, it still makes me so sad to watch that scene where L looks up into Light's eyes. And then I'm just filled with rage when he starts acting upset. This is what sealed my never-ending hatred for Light.

I still hate this scene, but right after my last input of yesterday eve, I remember it strongly reminded me of a biblical scene...
The atmosphere, bels, references to churches were certainly echoes to ruyzaki's past... but may also be a set up for that particular scene that reminds me of:
Mary Magdalene washing Christ's feet.

And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.

I agree the scene was not purely mimiced (hopefully), but to me it clearly was that...

With that assumption, you have Light entering the Semi-God world...

I took the Mary angle, but it could have been Christ whashing Disciples feet... and then
Light would be Judas I guess ;)

I wonder what you think about this.

Cu

PS: I'm not very into religion thing, it's just that it happened to reming me this, and the show
does play around those themes...

stratosthegreek
Thu, 04-05-2007, 03:10 AM
David75 I totally agree with you on your way of thinking. I think it was mimicking where Jesus washes the feet of Judas.

Anyways, the episode started off stupid with Misa's song, as if the director of the anime wanted to piss everyone off by doing something he wanted to see, but he knew full well that the rest of the episode would make people forget about how stupid the singing was. Then came the washing of the feet scene and that was just too akward.

And at the end, I'm pretty sure Rem was thinking that by killing Watari maybe he/she (never been too sure, always thought it was a chick) wouldn't die for directly changing Misa's life span. And then I think once Rem started fading away, she tried to write other names in the book but to no avail. I'm sure Rem would have wiped out the whole team of people trying to hunt down Kira if she could, not solely L. So in all, I think L just did the smartest thing to do. Fake dying by Kira, and either really die or play it off. At least L could work on the side.

P.S. With all these manga readers giving their 2 cents in, they keep pointing to the fact that L is really dead, which kinda pisses me off cuz it feels like they spoiled it.

P.P.S. I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT 10 EPISODES!

animus
Thu, 04-05-2007, 07:00 AM
David75 I totally agree with you on your way of thinking. I think it was mimicking where Jesus washes the feet of Judas.

Anyways, the episode started off stupid with Misa's song, as if the director of the anime wanted to piss everyone off by doing something he wanted to see, but he knew full well that the rest of the episode would make people forget about how stupid the singing was. Then came the washing of the feet scene and that was just too akward.

And at the end, I'm pretty sure Rem was thinking that by killing Watari maybe he/she (never been too sure, always thought it was a chick) wouldn't die for directly changing Misa's life span. And then I think once Rem started fading away, she tried to write other names in the book but to no avail. I'm sure Rem would have wiped out the whole team of people trying to hunt down Kira if she could, not solely L. So in all, I think L just did the smartest thing to do. Fake dying by Kira, and either really die or play it off. At least L could work on the side.

P.S. With all these manga readers giving their 2 cents in, they keep pointing to the fact that L is really dead, which kinda pisses me off cuz it feels like they spoiled it.

P.P.S. I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT 10 EPISODES!
How can you not think he's dead anyways. It's common sense, his name was written in the Death Note, along with Watari's. No one has survived a Death Note death.

Uberbaka
Thu, 04-05-2007, 09:59 AM
The concept of jesus washing judas' feet, L hearing the churchbells for his funeral which light couldn't hear.

L knew, he even said he was sad. Personally I'd think the "So it was you" line would have cheapened the moment to be honest.

<rant>
And I fully agree with stratosthegeek here, I'm not fully convinced that L is dead considering the amount of trickery and subterfuge going on in this series, but you manga readers are doing a good job of saying he is.

It's hardly "common sense" because Rem was standing behind Watari, not L, and did you see whose names got written? No, you did not.

Maybe this is some kind of trick from Rems side, who the hell knows? This is death note after all.

Manga readers should play more nicely and try (if anything) to only point out differences in the anime/manga and not facts that haven't been verified by the anime yet.

</rant>

animus
Thu, 04-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Rem, did not disappear after writing Watari's name, but only after L, because killing L prolonged Misa's life and went against a Shinigami's rules. Also, why would L just keel over, directly after you SEE Rem writing someone's name. Sure it could've not been L, but it was. A trick by Rem? You must not be very perceptive. A pile of dust in the same manner as Jealous, and a Death Note from that pile of dust, picked up and recognized by Light. Sure. A Shinigami is not a Shinigami if they lose their own personal Death Note. And only a few have ever been lucky enough to get a second.

Edit: Hah, I love it how some cockbag negative repped me and wrote "anime not manga forum" due to my comparison on how L did not say "I knew it was you afterall" as his dying words. Obviously, this is an anime that is based on a MANGA, meaning a direct adaptation. Being a VIEWER, and having read the manga, it's only plausible if I compare the two to see if the adaptation is good or accurate.

Uberbaka
Thu, 04-05-2007, 10:33 AM
I meant a trick in the sense that Rem died, but did something to oppose light with her final move. It wouldn't surprise me since she knew the truth about Lights plan before she followed along with it. But she wasn't the smartest of people though, so might just have done it. I never said she didn't die, that's something I don't doubt.

L could have decided to fake his own death when he got the "signal" from watari, the deletion of all the data. Obviously shit was going down.

I'm just saying that there is quite alot of deception in this series, it wouldn't surprise me if someone was pulling a fast one.

Personally I'd love it if L was dead though. Very much looking forwards to next ep.

Oh, and for the record I don't use the rep system.

animus
Thu, 04-05-2007, 11:08 AM
It probably wasn't you since you didn't respond to that comment I made *shrug*.

Deadfire
Thu, 04-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Calm down all of you...before the MOD beat stick comes out

Note: the MOD Beat stick can be a fate worse then the Death Note

UChessmaster
Thu, 04-05-2007, 02:38 PM
I beleive L is indeed dead, this series made both, L`s fan and light/kira`s fan if one side wins the loser end will feel bad (for lack of a better word), so this give a nice clousre to this "war" L fans will always beleived L made the final step to solve the case wich proves he was smart enough to uncover Lights true intentions, Light fans will say that well... he killed L thus he won :mad:

David75
Thu, 04-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Ruyzaki is Dead, it seems there's no doubt about it.

It's just I'm a bit sad they didn't use the double name writing rule (writing the name of the same person on two DNs with a very smal time difference...)
Maybe they'll use it for some more subtle move in the series, that would have been too easy at that time...

c u

UChessmaster
Thu, 04-05-2007, 04:23 PM
what double name writing rule? :confused:

ForteCross
Thu, 04-05-2007, 04:38 PM
that rule was in the middle of some chapters...
i did read the manga... so it was no surprice for me... yet the animation was expectacular (i dont really know how to spell it in english xD)

gr3atfull
Thu, 04-05-2007, 05:23 PM
So sad.... I cried when he died.... Damn that Light. I hope he will have a painful death.

Yukimura
Thu, 04-05-2007, 07:02 PM
L fans will always believed L made the final step to solve the case which proves he was smart enough to uncover Lights true intentions, Light fans will say that well... he killed L thus he won :mad:

I'm not so sure that L fans have anything to celebrate. L seemed to know he was dead, but all he seemed to have on the table was his plan to test the not writing in the Death Note for 13 days kills you rule. While proving this wrong would cast suspicion back on Light it wouldn't have proven anything other than Light could have been Kira. So far that's all L has been able to show, that there wouldn't be any contradictions if Light was Kira.

We know that he believed that Light was Kira more or less from the time he caught Misa, but what he never managed to do was prove that Light was Kira with hard evidence. I see that as a failure on his part, albeit understandable since he was pretty much playing a rigged game. He had to prove that Light was Kira and Light only had to play defense and show he didn't have to be Kira for the facts to fit. Light out lasted him and managed to work in a gambit that killed him, which I see as a victory for him. However, had L and Light's roles been reversed I think L would have managed to kill Light, because of the nature of the situations they were both in. If L is dead (I probably won't believe it until the last episode ends) then it just shows that being Kira beats beats the one who searches for Kira if both sides play nearly perfect games.

UChessmaster
Thu, 04-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm not so sure that L fans have anything to celebrate. L seemed to know he was dead, but all he seemed to have on the table was his plan to test the not writing in the Death Note for 13 days kills you rule. While proving this wrong would cast suspicion back on Light it wouldn't have proven anything other than Light couldhave been Kira. So far that's all L has been able to show, that there wouldn't be any contradictions if Light was Kira.

We know that he believed that Light was Kira more or less from the time he caught Misa, but what he never managed to do was prove that Light was Kira with hard evidence. I see that as a failure on his part, albeit understandable since he was pretty much playing a rigged game. He had to prove that Light [I]was[I] Kira and Light only had to play defense and show he didn't [I]have[I] to be Kira for the facts to fit. Light out lasted him and managed to work in a gambit that killed him, which I see as a victory for him. However, had L and Light's roles been reversed I think L would have managed to kill Light, because of the nature of the situations they were both in. If L [I]is[I] dead (I probably won't believe it until the last episode ends) then it just shows that being Kira beats beats the one who searches for Kira if both sides play nearly perfect games.

I disagree... if proving the fake rule wouldn`t lead to kira = light there would be no point in rem killing L, L even said that if only the rule was fake the case would be solved... if it leads to misa it leads to light as well, taking into account there were 2 kiras, and the light/misa was kira theory would come back again, it would be fairly easy for L to deduct touching the note may give the user his memories back... there are just so many posibilities if the rule was fake.

long story short... a rule that convenientely clear light and misa turns out to be fake... you dont need to be L to know what`s going on

Darknodin
Thu, 04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Somehow, during that ep, even though Ryuk said the opposite, i kept thinking that the 13 days rule became real.

at any rate... i kinda cheered at the end of that ep...

Psyke
Fri, 04-06-2007, 07:59 AM
To be released RAH Death note figures: Much too expensive for me though.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8615/mk1195medmedicomdeathnoge9.jpg http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8020/mk1195medmedicomdeathnogb0.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2289/mk1196medmedicomdeathnobp5.jpg http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3964/mk1196medmedicomdeathnoyf2.jpg http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/7650/mk1196medmedicomdeathnoaq7.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2296/mk1197medmedicomdeathnotr8.jpg http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/900/mk1197medmedicomdeathnogh2.jpg

Board of Command
Fri, 04-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Those dolls are pretty good looking except for the Misa ones. She just looks creepy.

I'd hit it though. Twice.

Mae
Sat, 04-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Not a bad episode. I liked this one because the presentation of the story in the anime really added a lot when compared to the manga.

I liked Misa's song ok, but the images of her casually walking around finding people to kill were better, not to mention all kinds of hubris. L was particularly weird this ep, but also sad. They did a nice job of showing how he was lonely, he was brilliant but isolated, and despite everything he was happy to have found a friend in Light. And then he starts suspecting that his friend who had lost his memory of being Kira had changed into someone else and wasn't his friend anymore...

I liked where L was standing in the rain and Light is yelling at him and L smiles and holds his hand to his ear. And that whole scene was just really nice. The setting with the giant receiver, L wondering if the bells were for a wedding (no, I don't think so... ;_; ), how they cut out the sound for L's question, "Since you were born, have you told the truth even once?" Sometimes they overdo the drama in this one (chip-eating scene) but here it actually fit. And of course the death scene...

And evil triumphs over good.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 04-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Heh maybe the rules will become real. I mean it has never been stated that fake rules wont become real.

MFauli
Sun, 04-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Heh maybe the rules will become real. I mean it has never been stated that fake rules wont become real.

I think so too.
Do we know how much time has passed since L and Co. finding Higuchiīs death note?
If it arent already 13 days, there could be happening something.

And still, i think L will rturn somehow...which will annoy me to death. I really like Light and his goal to change the world.
You know, in ep 25, when L fell down in slowmo, for a short moment i thought "shit, now Light starts to feel guilty for what he has done"...but then he did his evil smile and it was the most awsome moment of the series ^^

animus
Sun, 04-08-2007, 05:28 PM
No, I don't think the fake rules will become real, unless they were already real in teh first place. Or if the Shinigami King makes them real. The rules that were written were written by Ryuk himself, and only included stuff that he himself only knew about. He didn't write about the Shinigami Eye Deal (though he knew about it), or that a torn Death Note page outside of the book itself, still retains it's killing properties, and various other things.

UChessmaster
Sun, 04-08-2007, 05:40 PM
i agree... i dont think a rule becomes real just because someone types it on the note...

Knives122
Sun, 04-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Well I just finished watching both movies and read all of the manga. and they were both pretty much how I expected it to end. Definitely a good ending.

Mr. Roboto
Wed, 04-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Kuro-Hana just released episode 26

http://kuro-hana.edwardk.info/%5BKuro-Hana%5D%20Death%20Note%20-%2026%20%5B95D5A764%5D.avi.torrent

Koyuki
Wed, 04-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Kinda boring, but the end was great. Who are the kids, L clones?

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 04-11-2007, 05:36 PM
I think they are XD

Prolly from the same orphanage L was from. And most likely just as smart as him.

Say anybody know where to get ending song?

Mr. Roboto
Wed, 04-11-2007, 06:44 PM
the recap was kind of boring and made this only half a new episode. but i thought it was pretty good. as expected, light is going all out to reshape the world in his vision. he thinks that he will be unopposed and unmatched but the ending suggests otherwise. light is probably going to get reckless and leave himself open somehow. it looks like the guy with the two kids is going to take revenge.

animus
Wed, 04-11-2007, 06:50 PM
This is about where most people as well as I, stopped reading the manga.

complich8
Wed, 04-11-2007, 07:09 PM
With L gone, I felt like Light sort of lost his direction for a while. Having grown used to a strong opponent, in the absence of one it's hard to think like a weak opponent.

It's going to be interesting to see how the storyline makes this work.

Also, I noticed on anidb (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4563), it's reportedly a 37 episode series. So there's 11 more until the end. I don't know if they can build another Light-versus-L level story and resolve it in 11 eps...

should be interesting to see.

BioAlien
Thu, 04-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Nice recap.

Who are those kids? And how are they related to L?

Light seems to have succeeded to make the world the way he wanted... for now..

Off topic: Animanda sure take their times to sub.. before they were 1 week behind.. now it is 3 weeks.

Yukimura
Thu, 04-12-2007, 02:32 AM
@NeoCybercoin www.gendou.com has it, and nipponsei might also have it in higher quality by now but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know when the story was supposed to have started. I noticed they said in 2012 Light joined the national police, so has there been a time skip, and if so how big?

masamuneehs
Thu, 04-12-2007, 03:08 AM
bah, I don't like recap episodes at all...

Can't wait for the next one to come out, should be interesting to see how the "kids" are portrayed.

Watari was a inventor and philanthropist who created orphanages around the world. At one of those orphanages, a man recieved the time-delayed message, "L is dead" and is now conveying that information to the two. Read into that all you like.

Raven
Thu, 04-12-2007, 04:58 AM
Light's awesome. It's interesting how more and more people are cheering for Kira and liking what he does.

I was a little surprised he killed the conn man and the security woman, whatever their names were. Usually he's had some twisted kind of reasoning for all his killings so far but that just seemed pointless.

I agree with Comp, seems like now L's gone all the challenge has left the situation for Light; he really seemed to love the thrill of the chase and having to outsmart L. Now he's all like "meh, I guess I'll create my perfect world then, dunno why though".

Oh, and we finally see why was this episode was called Reincarnation, it makes sense now. Actually, didn't they call it Resurrection or something last week? That was more confusing especially since a main character had just died.

David75
Thu, 04-12-2007, 06:59 AM
@NeoCybercoin www.gendou.com has it, and nipponsei might also have it in higher quality by now but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know when the story was supposed to have started. I noticed they said in 2012 Light joined the national police, so has there been a time skip, and if so how big?

To have the correct timeline, maybe you can take into acount that Light just entered the university.
Since he was so brilliant, he didn't miss any year, but he could have jumped some...
I'm not that sure, but I think he was 17 at the start of the show?

c u

Psyke
Thu, 04-12-2007, 10:49 AM
It's a 5 year time jump, from 2007 to 2012. It was 2004 to 2009 in the manga.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 04-13-2007, 05:13 AM
I want to start watching this series, but I'm not sure what subgroup is the best (I didn't read the whole thread because of possible spoilers). Can anyone advise me a good group?

David75
Fri, 04-13-2007, 07:01 AM
That ep at least was a relief, there won't be a break lasting several months... so we'll have the whole 37 eps in a row.

Very good news.

And as Raven pointed it, I also think Light is less cautious than he was. Being at the head of the police, with the tremendous underground abilities Watari and Ryuzaki left... he should just be smart enough to go on cautiously, while being efficient. Killing those 2 spies wasn't proof of cautiousness...
It seems that Light as got problems with foreigners, because he wasn't very cautious with Penbar, the other FBI agents and Misora either...

Uberbaka
Fri, 04-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Removing the very skilled spy/conman who were close to L wasn't cautious? If anything I'd call it over-cautious futureproofing. Besides, weren't they actually criminals?

I'd say it was a good move, came as a bit of a surprise though.

complich8
Fri, 04-13-2007, 08:55 AM
I want to start watching this series, but I'm not sure what subgroup is the best (I didn't read the whole thread because of possible spoilers). Can anyone advise me a good group?

you mean a good group you can actually find downloads for?

I think the only group that started the series that's still subbing it is Animanda (http://animanda.edwardk.info/). They're fairly good, I'd give them a B+. They're a bit slow though.

Most of the discussion now tends to be based on whoever's released the latest ep. So after you reach the end of Animanda episodes, you could switch over to Kuro-Hana (http://kuro-hana.edwardk.info/). They're ... well, I guess they started out pretty bad, but based on their last 2 eps, I'd give them about a B-. Pretty watchable, but not perfect.

seanos
Fri, 04-13-2007, 03:36 PM
C1 (http://www.c1anime.net/projects.php?project=Death%7CNote) also started from 01, and keeping uptodate

Harima Kenji
Fri, 04-13-2007, 04:20 PM
I'll watch C1 then (watched some other stuff before from them).. or is the quality of the others better?(sub+image)

seanos
Fri, 04-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Watched some of the other groups, but settled on C1.
Reckon they're the best doing this one...

MFauli
Fri, 04-13-2007, 05:50 PM
One thing i didnt get:

This message that was sent after Līs dead...was that before of after the time jump? If after, why that late?

BioAlien
Fri, 04-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Animanda released
Episode 24 (http://animanda.fansub-torrents.com/%5BAnimanda%5D_Death_Note_-_24_%5B90207091%5D.avi.torrent)
and
Episode 25 (http://animanda.fansub-torrents.com/%5BAnimanda%5D_Death_Note_-_25_%5BB6E783DB%5D.avi.torrent)

Yukimura
Fri, 04-13-2007, 07:26 PM
The audio cut out on both of the Animanda releasers when I played them with MPC but not zoom player or even Windows Media Player (Using latest CCCP). Anyone else have a problem with the playback?

BioAlien
Fri, 04-13-2007, 07:52 PM
The audio seems to work fine for me in MPC with both release, try upgrading your codec maybe?
I use the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. (http://www.codecguide.com/), lots of crap in it that i don't even understand what they do, but at least i know that, i have 0 video/audio problem since i started using that codec pack

David75
Sat, 04-14-2007, 01:43 AM
One thing i didnt get:

This message that was sent after Līs dead...was that before of after the time jump? If after, why that late?

Maybe because the team wasn"t ready at the time and they had to wait?

Kraco
Sat, 04-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Damn recaps... This is probably the worst kind of series to just jump in in the middle and think you would still get everything out of it. Well, I guess some textbook requires them to make recaps no matter what manner of series.

It just occurred to me, refreshing my memories with this thread, that what happened to Rem's sand? Considering all the shinigami abilities, I think that sand could be used for interesting things. Like an invisible glass dagger, or something. Invisible for everybody else but those who have touched the book. With L and Watari gone, of course there's nobody left but boneheads aside from Light so it's purely theoretical - Light probably threw the sand away - but still...

darkshadow
Sat, 04-14-2007, 09:55 AM
A dagger would have no effect, remember the thug in the bus that tried to shoot ryuk? bullets went straight through him, so one wouldn't even be able to create a dagger.

Psyke
Sat, 04-14-2007, 10:13 AM
I'd like to think that the stuff that Rem turned into was just normal sand and rust.... But interesting thought about how it can be used to aid those who has touched the Death note previously.

Kraco
Sat, 04-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, the shinigami are able to eat local apples and touch locks of hair and such, so their material must have some solid properties. And of course if it wasn't solid, it would have fallen straight through the floor... Still, more wise than creating a dagger would of course have been to analyze the dust. Maybe it would have revealed a way to build a shinigami sensor. But with Light as a boss, no such things would naturally happen.

David75
Sat, 04-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Well, the shinigami are able to eat local apples and touch locks of hair and such, so their material must have some solid properties. And of course if it wasn't solid, it would have fallen straight through the floor... Still, more wise than creating a dagger would of course have been to analyze the dust. Maybe it would have revealed a way to build a shinigami sensor. But with Light as a boss, no such things would naturally happen.

In fact it seems Shinigamis can control the interraction their body and matter from our plan of existence.
I would guess this is a concious action, which could let us think that the sand, being inert, can't interact with matter from our plan of existence.

c u

Kraco
Sat, 04-14-2007, 04:12 PM
In fact it seems Shinigamis can control the interraction their body and matter from our plan of existence.
I would guess this is a concious action, which could let us think that the sand, being inert, can't interact with matter from our plan of existence.

Well, I didn't really mean to start a real discussion about such an irrelevant subject, but like I said in my post, if it was unable to interact with matter of this world, then it wouldn't have piled on the floor, but would have fallen into the abyss far below.

If it turned into just normal sand and dust like Psyke suggested... Well, that would actually mean building a sensor to detect shinigami would be far more easier, because no fundamental differences would be between the shinigami world matter and our world matter, and the only factor would be to break the trick rendering them invisible. Shouldn't be too hard, really, seeing how they would be made of the same stuff, but only had some cloak. Kind of like the stealth fighter radar invisibility can be countered with more sophisticated radars or other sensors.

BioAlien
Sat, 04-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Well, I didn't really mean to start a real discussion about such an irrelevant subject, but like I said in my post, if it was unable to interact with matter of this world, then it wouldn't have piled on the floor, but would have fallen into the abyss far below.

The shinigami can fly, thus, won't fall into the abyss.

intense
Sat, 04-14-2007, 06:03 PM
any sites where i can get the manga? ive been doing some searches and cant find any.

Yukimura
Sat, 04-14-2007, 07:34 PM
www.mangatraders.com

Psyke
Wed, 04-18-2007, 11:29 AM
It's out!

[Kuro-Hana] Death Note - 27 [513E3636].avi (http://kuro-hanasubs.com/bt/%5bKuro-Hana%5d%20Death%20Note%20-%2027%20%5b513E3636%5d.torrent)

hitokiriender
Wed, 04-18-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/eamo7a - kuro-hana ddl episode 27

David75
Wed, 04-18-2007, 03:50 PM
I wonder which misfortune Ryuk refers to...
I do not like melo, for the moment, and N being a mini L... I wonder if it will be fine...

Koyuki
Wed, 04-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Yatta. Now should I stay up for it to finish or go to bed? :D

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 04-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Hmmm Sayu all grown up....misa in her nightdres.....god she's hot right now XD

Uberbaka
Wed, 04-18-2007, 11:17 PM
L, M, N... Do you guys think there's been 11 "alphabet" kids before these three?

And it's interesting how both L and N are have autistic features like the lack of social skills and doing puzzles without using the picture for reference. Not to mention other signs such as spending a lot of time stacking objects, lining things up or putting things in a certain order.

Raven
Thu, 04-19-2007, 07:06 AM
I like where this is going. This series is getting insanely interesting, if it wasn't already. WATCHA GONNA DO, RAITO?

Melo and Near are very weird names; it makes me wonder even more what L stands for. At least we know it stands for something and it wasn't just an alias.

So, what, this Roger guy somehow breeds these super genius kids? I hope we see some backstory about the origins of the place.

Kraco
Thu, 04-19-2007, 07:44 AM
It could be pretty tough for Light to kill his own sister. While I have no doubt he could do it, still it has seemed to me like he has preferred to keep living two lives, and not only because of necessity. If nothing else, it would be a really bad setback for his bloated ego and sense of superiority to have let things proceed to a deadend allowing no other routes of escape. So far I don't think he has really sacrificed anything a bottle of beer wouldn't have let him forget afterwards.

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-20-2007, 02:52 AM
i like how they presented the kidnapping. showed Near and Mello are to be reckoned with. I especially liked how they did the scene with Matsuda and Yagami Sayu, that one cracks me up :0

No pleasant or unpleasant surprises about how they present Near and Mello. The FBI guys are pretty keen too, but Light's really seemed to prove that his father and crew are inept. The FBI should totally start their own investigation. And, as for Mello's approach... well, he is the one getting the ball rolling... He's no hero, far from it, almost as bad as Light, but he's keeping the show interesting in the mean time.

Dramatic chocolate barz...

gr3atfull
Fri, 04-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Omg!! Near is mini L!!!! He is so adorable and amazing!!! I really like L's little brothers!! (are they?)
The show keeps on getting better and better!!! I wonder what Ruyk meant when he said: "This family is such under misfortune..... "

Lucifus
Fri, 04-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Omg, Talk about awesome episode. I "Loved!" the end where it shows Light wrapped up in L's chains. Near is tEh total and utter shiznite!:D
DeathNote OwnZ.

Psyke
Sat, 04-21-2007, 09:20 AM
I wonder what Ruyk meant when he said: "This family is such under misfortune..... "

I don't think it's that fortunate to share a roof with a God of Death for such a long time. :D

While I think highly of Near and as well as Mello, I still miss L, and even his voice. I hated Near's voice, actually.

suckitdry
Mon, 04-23-2007, 11:31 AM
i miss L...

Testarossa Autodrive
Mon, 04-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Omg!! Near is mini L!!!! He is so adorable and amazing!!! I really like L's little brothers!! (are they?)
The show keeps on getting better and better!!! I wonder what Ruyk meant when he said: "This family is such under misfortune..... "
No, they're not related. They just grew up in the same orphanage (obviously L came out before them).

Anyway, I miss L so much, too. :( But I'm glad I get to see Mello. Not as fond a Near. I can't wait to see Name Removed, though.

I understand manga readers are eager to see stuff happen, but please remember not to talk about things that haven't yet occured in the anime, including the names of future characters

Verbal Warning
masa

Sandldan
Wed, 04-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Death Note 28 out!

Kuro-Hana Death Note 28 (http://kuro-hanasubs.com/bt/dn28lq.torrent)

Koyuki
Wed, 04-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Thanks. Downloading now

Lucifus
Wed, 04-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Very enjoyable episode. Wonder what the next one holds.
Near needs to take bigger steps and faster. Melo ownZ.

masamuneehs
Wed, 04-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Animanda releases for those who prefer 'em:
Animanda - Death Note - Episode 26 (http://animanda.edwardk.info/%5BAnimanda%5D_Death_Note_-_26_%5BB95FAF1C%5D.avi.torrent)
Animanda - Death Note - Episode 27 (http://animanda.edwardk.info/%5BAnimanda%5D_Death_Note_-_27_%5B8BA61926%5D.avi.torrent)

Yukimura
Thu, 04-26-2007, 03:26 AM
Wow Light looked pretty crappy in this ep, and I'm getting the feeling that the timeskip made him soft, which I don't like. I do admit he was in a totally unwinable situation, especially since defense is always at a disadvantage, but his lack of composure reduced him to a near Higuchi presence. Light was clever, but his genius was nowhere to be found.

If the series turns out the way I'm thinking with Near somehow catching both Melo and Light, then destroying the Notes I'll be pretty upset...that would quite possibly be the worst letdown ever.

David75
Thu, 04-26-2007, 12:31 PM
I guess Light will get ahold of himself soon...
But after all he's a bastard like mellow...

I don't know if anyone made the link, but if you exclude minor exceptions, most of the killings were criminals and ... FBI and CIA agents, and this through the whole series to this point.

Is it meant to mean something from the author? I wonder...

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 04-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Wow Light looked pretty crappy in this ep, and I'm getting the feeling that the timeskip made him soft, which I don't like. I do admit he was in a totally unwinable situation, especially since defense is always at a disadvantage, but his lack of composure reduced him to a near Higuchi presence. Light was clever, but his genius was nowhere to be found.

If the series turns out the way I'm thinking with Near somehow catching both Melo and Light, then destroying the Notes I'll be pretty upset...that would quite possibly be the worst letdown ever.

yea that would be a bit of a let down. but i think you are forgetting that someone is coming for ryuk and the death note. that could get pretty interesting when ryuk tells him that the death note is in the hands of melo. misa might be the only the one left with a death note and since she's traded her life twice for the eyes she might not have much longer to live. this could get pretty good. the series has been pretty clever thus far and i don't see them letting us down in the end.

Psyke
Thu, 04-26-2007, 04:16 PM
she's traded her life twice for the eyes she might not have much longer to live.

Not really. 2 Shinigamis have died for her already (lucky girl), and the remaining life of the shinigamis have been passed to her. So she might not be as short lived as you might think.....

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 04-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Not really. 2 Shinigamis have died for her already (lucky girl), and the remaining life of the shinigamis have been passed to her. So she might not be as short lived as you might think.....

i didn't realize that they got their lives extended when shinigami died for them. i thought that it was just the shinigami that got their life extended when they killed a human. thanks for letting me know that. then i guess misa had both watari's (probably not much) and L's lifespan added onto hers since Rem killed both of them before turning to dust.

UChessmaster
Thu, 04-26-2007, 10:34 PM
This is how it works, once a person`s lifespam becomes 0 it means that it will die inmediately, however if that person is getting killed and the shinigami kills the person that will kill the victim, the shinigami will die and his lifespam will go to the "victim`s" lifespam, thus, when jealous saved misa, his lifespam went to misa, but she did the shinigami deal... twice, so when she did the deal the first time she had HALF of jealous lifespam = 50% of his lifespam, and the second time she only had 25% of her lifespam.

Once Rem saved misa again she gained rem`s lifespam, so she had, 25% jealous lifespam + watari`s, L`s, and Rem`s remaining lifespam... lol she will die very old >_>

EpyonNext
Thu, 04-26-2007, 11:17 PM
I just started watching, so here are my thoughts on the series:

- The 2nd OP Fucking Owns, I want a Tshirt made that has the part where multiple copies of Light are laughing..
- The animation is slick
- Light is officially my favorite villian
- Light's father reminds me of my father.
- Misa: I'd hit it.
- The story is(correct me if I'm wrong) not only unique, but out-fucking-standing
- This anime is quickly beating out Rah Xephon and Eureka Seven(and this is coming from a diehard mech head) as my #1 anime of all time. It's setting a bar for anime that will be damned hard, if not impossiable, to beat.

Yukimura
Fri, 04-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Once Rem saved misa again she gained rem`s lifespam, so she had, 25% jealous lifespam + watari`s, L`s, and Rem`s remaining lifespam... lol she will die very old >_>

Why would she have the lifespans of Watari and L?

Oakleya
Fri, 04-27-2007, 02:03 AM
Because Rem killed both Watari and L, thus gaining both of their remaining life span. Rem's total life span including how much was obtain from W n L transfered to Misa.

Kraco
Fri, 04-27-2007, 02:16 AM
Because Rem killed both Watari and L, thus gaining both of their remaining life span. Rem's total life span including how much was obtain from W n L transfered to Misa.

That's just a pure technicality since killing L reduced Rem's life span to zero... There's not much to transfer from zero.

Anyway, I hope they added to L's necrology that he took one shinigami with him. Surely he would have earned at least that much. Something not many people could certainly boast about.

but i think you are forgetting that someone is coming for ryuk and the death note. that could get pretty interesting when ryuk tells him that the death note is in the hands of melo.
Since the shinigami do seem to have some rules of their own, including that not to save anybody rule, it seems to me Ryuk potentially could face some dangers. The shinigami shouldn't really give a damn about humans and what they might do with the Death Note. Their rules, after all, are of the nature restricting their own actions. Thus, the shinigami we saw at the end of the ep probably doesn't care about Melo or anybody, but I hope Ryuk himself would face some hardship and dangers. While this series is all about humans and the shinigami are just observers (with the exception of Rem), in the end the shinigami are the ones who started it all.

David75
Fri, 04-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Something interresting (or frustrating to others) is that we don't know L's true identity.
Only Light knows... since he got the DN Rem used to kill L...

The rule regarding the eyes is pretty clear, and clarifies thoughts earlier in this thread:
no matter what, the name you get from someone when using the eyes will be the right one to kill that person. (the only exception is that you get no name from someone who posseses a DN...)

c u

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-27-2007, 04:18 AM
I thought Rem's notebook was destroyed when she died?

And I was under the same impression that Kraco was, that the fact that Rem saves Misa's life automaticaly takes away all of her life, and that the lives she'd taken would not be sent over to Misa. Besides, Ryuk would have made a point if Misa suddenly had bookoo lives when he made the eyes deal with her.

it's been awhile, so i'm not really sure...

edit - thanks

David75
Fri, 04-27-2007, 04:49 AM
I thought Rem's notebook was destroyed when she died?

And I was under the same impression that Kraco was, that the fact that Rem saves Misa's life automaticaly takes away all of her life, and that the lives she'd taken would not be sent over to Misa. Besides, Ryuk would have made a point if Misa suddenly had bookoo lives when he made the eyes deal with her.

it's been awhile, so i'm not really sure...

If you rewatch the ep when Rem dies, you'll see that Light is first there, the DN lies in the pile of sand and he takes it... then puts it in his trousers, behind is back, under his sweat shirt.

This DN was the one from Misa if I'm correct.
The DN the Jap Police had(now transfered to mello), was the one from Light.

I hope my memorries are correct.
c u

animus
Fri, 04-27-2007, 07:05 AM
If you rewatch the ep when Rem dies, you'll see that Light is first there, the DN lies in the pile of sand and he takes it... then puts it in his trousers, behind is back, under his sweat shirt.

This DN was the one from Misa if I'm correct.
The DN the Jap Police had(now transfered to mello), was the one from Light.

I hope my memorries are correct.
c u

No, that Death Note was Rem's. Both Ryuuk and Rem both have their own Death Note, and an extra in which they gave one each to L and Misa.

Mr. Roboto
Fri, 04-27-2007, 09:58 AM
No, that Death Note was Rem's. Both Ryuuk and Rem both have their own Death Note, and an extra in which they gave one each to L and Misa.

so there's three death notes in play right now?

looking back on the episode it looks like Light is starting to lose his cool. he became very angry and agitated with misa and knocked the glass out of her hands. very much the opposite of the way that he was before the time skip.

RoCk
Fri, 04-27-2007, 01:24 PM
so there's three death notes in play right now?

looking back on the episode it looks like Light is starting to lose his cool. he became very angry and agitated with misa and knocked the glass out of her hands. very much the opposite of the way that he was before the time skip.

No, I believe there are only 2...

And Light lost his cool much like he did when L confronted him in college...remember when he flipped out in his room? Ryuk commented on how he never saw him like that...I think its just a sign that M/N are very much like L to Light...

EpyonNext
Fri, 04-27-2007, 02:05 PM
There are three.

The Mafia have Lights(Aka, the origional)
Misa's is buried in a park
Light has the one Rem dropped when she died.

darkshadow
Fri, 04-27-2007, 04:28 PM
That's just a pure technicality since killing L reduced Rem's life span to zero... There's not much to transfer from zero.

Rem in the manga:
"If I want to write down the name of people whose death would lengthen misa's remaining lifespan...
I have until the first person dies... That's 40 seconds to write down as many names as I can..."
This was right before Rem went to kill Watari.

Misa will grow very very old prolly.

Kraco
Fri, 04-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Damn those are arbitrary rules, most of them. They sound like the author first wrote the story for the manga and then came up with rules that would conform to the story. They are always convenient and rarely inconvenient.

I surely hope there would appear a rule that would be inconvenient. Right now the single source of tension in the series is the guessing game between Light and N and M. This is essentially why I hope the new shinigami shown at the end of the ep will come and shuffle the cards some. As great and filled with nice surprises as this has been, it still flows a bit too smoothly and doesn't pick too many totally unexpected and out of ordinary paths, considering this is a series populated with mythical shinigamis and all.

Raven
Fri, 04-27-2007, 07:52 PM
There are three.

The Mafia have Lights(Aka, the origional)
Misa's is buried in a park
Light has the one Rem dropped when she died.
I don't think you're right about that...

a) Misa's note and the one Rem dropped - aren't they the same note?
b) Light's can't be in the hand's of the enemy, otherwise it would have transferred ownership and Ryuk would be following someone new, correct me if I'm wrong.

So what you're saying is, Rem gave Misa a note originally, and still had one of her own? I thought the idea is that the Death God gives their note to a human, and Ryuk just happened to have two.

Lucifus
Fri, 04-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Seriously, can someone positivly confirm how many notes their are? Its pissing me off! >.>

Light currently has one. The Police had to have had one. And Light took the one that dropped when Rem died.

So....The Police got their hands on the one they caught from that Higuchi guy. Which was....originally lights? And Light needed a Death Note, he used Higuchis one to get his memories back. So the one he picked up from Rem was originally Misas?

I'm pretty sure the one buried in the park was dug up by Misa..or something...

I think they're only two notebooks. So someone please clarify.

gr3atfull
Fri, 04-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Isnt there like 3 death notes?

First one belongs to Ryuk --> The one that Light has
Second to Jealous that Rem took --> It's buried
Third was Rem's own one --> Mello has it

Wrong or right?

darkshadow
Fri, 04-27-2007, 08:34 PM
i watch animanda's so i dont know how far the anime is but so far ep 27:
ryuk's 3rd (rem's 2nd, misa's) -->> Buried
ryuk's 2nd (Light's old one) --->> Japanese police
Rem's --->> Light

UChessmaster
Fri, 04-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Ok, i`ll try to explain this part

At first Ryuk had two, he gave one to Light and you can see his other one in a cross-like pocket on his right side, so 2 notes at the beginng of series.

Then when misa appears she has jealou`s note and Rem has her own, that makes 4 notes.

Then, Light buried Misa`s note and gave (sent) his note to higuchi, Ryuk and Rem still have their own notes in the meantime.

Then, the police gets Higuchi`s (Light`s) Death note, Misa`s note is still burried and when Rem dies, Light quickly picks it up, i`m suposing he is using that one now, Ryuk still has his note.

So, there are 4 notes posesers now

The police station (originally from Light)
Light`s (Originally from Rem)
Misa`s (Buried, originally from jealous)
Ryuk`s

EDIT: Also i`ve saw all eps again and noticed something

Light`s note has the words "Death Note" on the cover
Misa`s note has some giberish (Shinigami language?)
Rem`s note has nothing
Ryuk`s note we dont know if it has anything cause its on his pack

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-27-2007, 09:13 PM
i watch animanda's so i dont know how far the anime is but so far ep 27:
ryuk's 3rd (rem's 2nd, misa's) -->> Buried
ryuk's 2nd (Light's old one) --->> Japanese police
Rem's --->> Light

i believe this is exactly what it is.
It's slightly confused because of all the switching Light had them do, but there are three, because Ryuk, for some reason, has two instead of only one. I was wrong about Rem's being destroyed when she died.

Lucifus
Fri, 04-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Uchess's and gr3atfull explanations set me straight. Thanks for the info and confirmation guys. Got kinda confused from reading everyones posts and what I already thought. :rolleyes:

Psyke
Sun, 04-29-2007, 05:48 AM
I went around walking through the manga stores, and look what I've got for myself. :D

Took these with my PDA so pardon the quality.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7705/48392422yg9.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2618/94791500yf7.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3036/34247598iq5.jpg

I got a replica of the Death Note used for the movie. It includes all the rules, and best of all it also features Light's writing and all the people he's killed (in the movie). Nice little touch.

I also got a book which showed Naomi and L's picture in the cover sheet, saying it's a prequel of sorts. But to my shock when I opened it up it was a novel, and sadly one which I can't read well. Well, at least it looks good. The little album you see has stills from the first movie, and it's pretty well done too. The box set came with a pen as well, which I can't say is very interesting, but I suppose it's for you to write in the note book.

And yeah I resisted the urge to get the Ryuk plush. :)

Kraco
Sun, 04-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Somehow I just can't picture this Happy Resident of Sunny Singapore having any enemies whose names to write in a Death Note...

Looks like high quality stuff, though.

Psyke
Sun, 04-29-2007, 08:40 AM
To be honest I've thought about what I would really do if I had an actual death note. I would use it, but would avoid the mistakes Light did. Haha.... I'm not as sadistic as I sound, but really, one would find it hard not to use such a "gift". And yes.... I want to be the God of the new world!!!

*just kidding* :p

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-29-2007, 08:44 AM
those are some pretty nifty notes there Psyke.

I like Near, even though he's not quite L. It was very interesting how he confronted Light, then makes the conversation friendly, then leaves them to fend for themselves. His first instinct was to help them in the crisis, but he suddenly seems to think of something and makes them go alone, hanging up immediately. Near doesn't trust Light, and he'll keep an eye on how he responds by monitoring the whole thing
Light's futility has been massive in these past few episodes. He didn't even partially cover for what happened. Mello won that this round, giving a black eye to both his adversaries. Also, Light is a shitty husband.

I love that scene in the hostage exchange corridor, and they did a great job with it, having the guy in the creepy mask come in and shoot at the glass.

and the Shinigami Justin appears.

David75
Sun, 04-29-2007, 03:36 PM
To be honest I've thought about what I would really do if I had an actual death note. I would use it, but would avoid the mistakes Light did. Haha.... I'm not as sadistic as I sound, but really, one would find it hard not to use such a "gift". And yes.... I want to be the God of the new world!!!

*just kidding* :p

Well, having a DN I guess I would be very cautious in who I choose... and would try not to have "I wana be a God" type of dreams.

But who knows, maybe the DN changes someone so much... that becoming a bastard is inevitable

complich8
Tue, 05-01-2007, 02:53 AM
The author of vgcats (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=233) apparently watches the show :p. Just thought I'd share.

Psyke
Tue, 05-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Awesome pic. Come to think of it, Santa is the last person you'd want with the note. Imagine how many children are going to DIE. :(

dragonrage
Tue, 05-01-2007, 09:55 PM
L's death was anti climatic. I thought they could have done it better. Near is like little L and well now it is a three way battle to the death.

I am curious to see how things turn out..

p.s. I am glad that I waited and watch all 17 episodes at once. I gotta say that it left me wanting more.

BioAlien
Wed, 05-02-2007, 09:50 AM
L's death was anti climatic.

Well at least in the anime L actually died!
He didn't even died in the live action movie. He faked his dead that little bastard.

Psyke
Wed, 05-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Well at least in the anime L actually died!
He didn't even died in the live action movie. He faked his dead that little bastard.

He died in the movie. I'd skip the details so as to prevent spoilers for those who want to see the movie. It's different from the manga/anime, but he still died. :(

Conders
Wed, 05-02-2007, 05:41 PM
http://kuro-hanasubs.com/bt/dn29lq.torrent

Ep 29 by Kuro-Hana is out!

Uberbaka
Thu, 05-03-2007, 06:44 AM
I think I just came a little.

This stuff is why I love deathnote, the tension, the twists the intelligence and unexpected styles from the animators.

UChessmaster
Thu, 05-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Is it just me or did they skip a big part in the anime?

MFauli
Thu, 05-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Great episode, just one thing:

I must have forgotten that one, but...where did the 3rd deathnpote come from?
One from Ryuuk, one from Rem, and the 3rd? Yeah, it was this new Shinigamiīs deathnote, but where did the deathnote come from?

Kraco
Thu, 05-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Damn, that new Shinigami was totally useless even if he looked somewhat badass. What a loser...

Well, anyway, there is one thing I don't understand: Why didn't M kill Light and all the Japanese team? They happily killed the American team, after all. Honestly, finding out the names of the Japanese team should have been a lot easier, seeing how it has been around for such a long time and everything. And of course they also knew Light's sister's name. This is just a detail I can't explain no matter how much I try. Unless M wants to beat Light by other means, but that'd be a bit unequal battle seeing how Light uses the Note as much as he can.

David75
Thu, 05-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Damn, that new Shinigami was totally useless even if he looked somewhat badass. What a loser...

Well, anyway, there is one thing I don't understand: Why didn't M kill Light and all the Japanese team? They happily killed the American team, after all. Honestly, finding out the names of the Japanese team should have been a lot easier, seeing how it has been around for such a long time and everything. And of course they also knew Light's sister's name. This is just a detail I can't explain no matter how much I try. Unless M wants to beat Light by other means, but that'd be a bit unequal battle seeing how Light uses the Note as much as he can.

It's highly probable M wants a total war and total win.
He wants to put N and Light to his knees, prove he is the best among all others, even better than L. There's that, and probably the need to play with the preys before killing them.

RoCk
Thu, 05-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Wow...this ep rocked hard.

We see a lot from it. Light is completely soul less. He knew his dad was going to die the minute we saw the words Father as the title. He knew his father was going to do the shinigami deal (he didn't protest it!) and all he wanted was his father to kill Mello. Now heres my Q...how did Light know what his father was doing without sound? It's alot easier to mic someone then to attach a camera! oh well.

Now mello is running around knowing a key fact.. those rules are fake. Since he wants to be called the true successor of L, he's going to want to unearth who Kira is. Well...if he somehow picks up L's research it will easily point to Light, that was L's last line of deduction.

Damn, this series just gets better and better. Near, where are you??

Psyke
Thu, 05-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Is it just me or did they skip a big part in the anime?

Yes.... you're right. I thought some thing was missing as well, and went back to check. It's missing the quite a few scenes..... involving the President of the United States of America. I'm not sure whether this was deliberately taken out due to political reasons...., but the parts which were cut were really good stuff. :(

Mr. Roboto
Sat, 05-05-2007, 02:24 PM

maybe his objective is to actually capture Kira/Light before N.

Light really did a good job of planning his moves in this episode, especially giving up ownership of the note so his dad would be able to die happy thinking his son was innocent.

UChessmaster
Sat, 05-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Light really did a good job of planning his moves in this episode, especially giving up ownership of the note so his dad would be able to die happy thinking his son was innocent.

I`m pretty sure he didn`t planned THAT one

David75
Sat, 05-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I`m pretty sure he didn`t planned THAT one

I agree.

Because Light thought in himself this was a little bonus to his fake innocence.
If he had planned this, he wouldn't have thought that way at that moment.

In the same scene, I find that Light is very pathetic because is only aim is for his father
to kill M... and he clearly doesn"t care about his father dying...

c u

RoCk
Sat, 05-05-2007, 07:22 PM
I disagree. Like I said, Light knew his father was going to die, it was inevitable. It was his life or Sayus and he chose Sayu's. I believe he did plan up giving the note as he also expected his father to do the deal with Ryuk. He did this as a parting gift for his father, a last moment of peace before he passed away. This is evident with his reactions 'I can't look like this, I must seem concerned' or something when his father was dying.

Raven
Sat, 05-05-2007, 08:08 PM
The reason he gave up ownership was because he knew someone was about to receive the eyes, therefore would have seen that he didn't have a lifespan.

It had nothing to do with his Father.

UChessmaster
Sat, 05-05-2007, 10:39 PM
I disagree. Like I said, Light knew his father was going to die, it was inevitable. It was his life or Sayus and he chose Sayu's. I believe he did plan up giving the note as he also expected his father to do the deal with Ryuk. He did this as a parting gift for his father, a last moment of peace before he passed away. This is evident with his reactions 'I can't look like this, I must seem concerned' or something when his father was dying.

his life or sayu`s? i think youre lost, sayu`s life was not in danger here, as a little side note, he expected matsuda to do the deal, they cut that part and his reaction was that it was good for him but not what he planned.

Illrenmazou
Wed, 05-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Great episode, just one thing:

I must have forgotten that one, but...where did the 3rd deathnpote come from?
One from Ryuuk, one from Rem, and the 3rd? Yeah, it was this new Shinigamiīs deathnote, but where did the deathnote come from?

If I'm not mistaken:

1st one's from Ryuk - Light's death note.
2nd ones from Jealous - Misa's death note.
3rd one's from Rem - Rem's own death note, Light picked it up when she died.

masamuneehs
Wed, 05-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Death Note - Episode 30 - Kuro-hana (http://kuro-hana.edwardk.info/dn30lq.torrent)

Lucifus
Wed, 05-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Man oh man do I want to see what the ever awesome Near is going to do next ep.:D

Kraco
Thu, 05-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Light has a pretty funny personality, because usually he's totally cool and internally gleeful and gloating in his sense of superiority, but always with those weird geniuses from orphanages he suddenly shifts to 120% gear and is boiling inside, as if he's sure to lose, despite his past achievements and superior plots.

el_boss
Fri, 05-11-2007, 07:18 AM
I just watched the "father" episode. Just one thing that was weird. So when Light's father did the deal he just had like a couple of hours left to live or what?

Seems too me that Misa should have reacted to him having such a short lifespan.

Kraco
Fri, 05-11-2007, 07:28 AM
I think those lifespans are meaningless as long as there's a Death note anywhere near. It doesn't indicate the shortened life of a death note victim, and so in that sense anyone who's going to be killed or saved just related to a Death note can't show a correct lifespan, either. For example, if an active serial killer shows 3 years lifespan "naturally", and is killed with the Death note earlier, all his future victims' lifespans would suddenly shoot up.

Light's father's demise was so entangled in the note business that his lifespan numbers should have been meaningless.

Psyke
Fri, 05-11-2007, 07:28 AM
I just watched the "father" episode. Just one thing that was weird. So when Light's father did the deal he just had like a couple of hours left to live or what?

Seems too me that Misa should have reacted to him having such a short lifespan.

The shinigami eyes only let the user see the names, and without the Shinigami's help, he/she is unable to decode the seemingly random numbers which represents the person's remaining life span.

Kraco
Fri, 05-11-2007, 08:56 AM
without the Shinigami's help, he/she is unable to decode the seemingly random numbers which represents the person's remaining life span.

Well, I'm sure Light or Near, being such geniuses as they are, would be able to do that easily enough should they try... After all, the shinigami so far have hardly shown any remarkable mental faculties (quite the contrary), so deciphering them can't be hard, you know.

Psyke
Fri, 05-11-2007, 09:20 AM
To "decode" the date, he would have to observe the actual death date of a individual, and cannot use the death note. So, he would need to observe someone till he actually dies to see whether he has broken the "code". Not too possible in my opinion.

Kraco
Fri, 05-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Nah. In a country as large as Japan (and with as many smokers as in Japan), there are hospitals filled by terminal patients. If we talk about dozens of people having estimated life expectancy measured in months, it would be quite possible indeed. Just write down how their numbers changed until they die, and it would be totally bizarre if those bonehead (literally) shinigami could read it just like that and a genius like Light couldn't sort it out.

But of course I doubt such a thing would have any relevance whatsoever to the story...

Raven
Sun, 05-13-2007, 01:27 AM
I always thought the lifespan numbers were like a separate language, and that it's not a case of decoding them but the ability to actually read the language.

complich8
Sun, 05-13-2007, 04:59 PM
reading = converting symbols from one representation to another = decoding. I don't think the numbers are likely to be encrypted in some way. I would expect that to be plaintext.

Deadfire
Sun, 05-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Animanda Death note 28 (http://animorc.net/animanda/%5BAnimanda%5D_Death_Note_-_28_%5BFA7AA36A%5D.avi.torrent)

Animanda Death note 29 (http://animorc.net/animanda/%5BAnimanda%5D_Death_Note_-_29_%5BAF0AE72B%5D.avi.torrent)

For the rest of us :P

BioAlien
Tue, 05-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Any of you heard the English voice for DeathNote?
http://deathnote.viz.com/
(Watch the trailers)

Testarossa Autodrive
Tue, 05-15-2007, 08:49 PM
I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than watch the English dub. I won't even give this one a chance after hearing the trailer.

UChessmaster
Tue, 05-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than watch the English dub. I won't even give this one a chance after hearing the trailer.

Feeling a little elitist today?

I wonder who will dub this, i hope they dont edit things like a certain pirate anime

Testarossa Autodrive
Wed, 05-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Feeling a little elitist today?

I wonder who will dub this, i hope they dont edit things like a certain pirate anime

More like really, really disappointed, but close enough.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-16-2007, 02:39 AM
Which trailer had any vocals? All I saw in 1 and 2 were scenes and music.

Testarossa Autodrive
Wed, 05-16-2007, 05:17 AM
Which trailer had any vocals? All I saw in 1 and 2 were scenes and music.

http://deathnote.viz.com/trailer_popup.php?t=3

UChessmaster
Wed, 05-16-2007, 09:21 AM
More like really, really disappointed, but close enough.

and why is that?

RoCk
Wed, 05-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Wow. I feel you testarossa. That voice completely butches Lights character...wtf.

UChessmaster
Wed, 05-16-2007, 11:23 AM
............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__ sigh.....dub haters......
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

You're using the japanese voices as a bar of standards, which is an epic failure.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-16-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Tesstarossa, English Lights voice just doesn't sound like that of an arrogant intellectual, it sounds like a shounen punk's. L's synth voice sounds passable since it conveys a similar effect to his original one, but it also doesn't do the job as well as the Japanese voice.

animus
Wed, 05-16-2007, 12:07 PM
That dub for Light is terrible. I loved the japanese seiyuu's voice for Light, it was amazing. It had this tranquil, calm, smooth and collected voice, but you just knew his personality was twisted and his voice just made it all the better.

Animeniax
Wed, 05-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Wow, terrible choice for a dub. Makes him sound like an angst-filled teeny-bopper who needs his daddy's love. His voice is quivering the whole time, like he's about to break out crying.

While I'm happy companies try to bring Japanimation to the masses in America, why oh why can't they think about 2 seconds longer and make better choices for something as important as the voice actors?

Testarossa Autodrive
Wed, 05-16-2007, 05:31 PM
It's ridiculous to think that I'm not giving the dub a chance just because I heard the Japanese version first. That's is definitely not the case. I like the Japanese version (so far, having only heard English Light) better, because it is better. The majority of the time, they do a better job at it because they have a more prominent field of voice actors in Japan and more people with experience under their belt to pick from (not all English VAs are terrible, it's just that whoever cast them did not have a sense of what the character should sound like. Ugh, and direction? Don't get me started).

This is not always the case, however. Sometimes I like the English version of an anime better than the Japanese. For instance, Fullmetal Alchemist. Yes I saw the Japanese version first, but I much prefer it in English. And Cowboy Bebop; same deal. Also, Ghost in the Shell, and I'm sure there are a few others that I can't think of at the moment.

KawaiiInu
Thu, 05-17-2007, 03:54 AM
I'm a fan of the manga, and I can't wait to see the anime.

Psyke
Thu, 05-17-2007, 04:11 AM
Well, don't wait any longer then. :p

[Kuro-Hana] Death Note - 31 [F15BFB19].avi (http://kuro-hanasubs.com/bt/dn31lq.torrent)

UChessmaster
Thu, 05-17-2007, 09:33 AM
awsome ep, i must say mikami is awsome <3 ... although i though he was slashing someone while typing demegawa and co`s name

Yukimura
Thu, 05-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Another awesome twist, Light has a true disciple now. Near is an irritating little brat and I don't like how they keep trying to make him seem like L, he's not L, and that fact makes it feel like the things that he does weaken the original.

Kraco
Thu, 05-17-2007, 04:59 PM
I don't like how Near plays with the toys all the time and that playing gets so much attention (screen time or camera angles), yet there doesn't seem to be any deeper meaning to it in the series world. I guess it's just a strong way to give him character quickly since he seems like the replacement for the more slowly established L, but I don't like it nonetheless - because it feels like an artificial way to personalize him.

Well, I have no complaints otherwise. He seems more aggressive than L and prone to less subtle ways. But then again, he's younger than L obviously so it makes sense.

Edit: One gender specific pronoun corrected.

mage
Fri, 05-18-2007, 02:43 AM
She? Isn't Near a boy?

Edit: more like three.

masamuneehs
Fri, 05-18-2007, 11:26 PM
forgot how much the downfall of "Kira's Kingdom" amused me... God, Demegawa looked just like a pig choking on the slop... Mikami is teh sex. I'm actually very satisfied with how the anime adaption is dealing with this part of the story. All the suspicion with Aizawa and Light and Near was excellently done in this episode.

a5ianplaya
Wed, 05-23-2007, 02:11 AM
anyone know any website that sells anime merchandise because i'm thinking of buying a death note. mwuahahahahahhaha

RoCk
Thu, 05-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Kuro-hana just got DN 32 done

http://tinyurl.com/yoflt8

enjoy!

BioAlien
Thu, 05-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Great episode.
Mikami sure is smart.
Light's plan to make him realize he was "god" was genius.

Yukimura
Fri, 05-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Wow, Light's finally making a comeback again, though I'm not sure what he's really achieved with all this. Also what the hell happened to Misa? I know she gave the DN to Mikumi and lost her memories, but she should still love Light. How's he planning to juggle them both?

MasterOfMoogles
Fri, 05-25-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm confused as to why they actually turned off all the bugs in the room when Light asked them to. Anybody shed some light on this? Thanks.

Koyuki
Fri, 05-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Light is genius. A really nice episode.

Masterofmoogels: Not sure, but I think "Kira" wanted them to turn it off.

Yukimura
Fri, 05-25-2007, 12:45 PM
I agree, they probably thought that 'Kira' was threatening Light and he was writing that under duress.

Kraco
Fri, 05-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Well, somebody should tell Misa that Light is seeing another woman... Misa's importance is of course naturally declining since she doesn't anymore have a Death Note nor a shinigami that would kill Light if something were to happen. I guess Light can pretty much forget her, and the only repercussion would be to have possibly some members of the team to frown upon such lighthearted switching of girlfriends.

masamuneehs
Sat, 05-26-2007, 11:49 AM
my hate for Light increases... I seriously hate people who manipulate the emotions of others... I also lost some of my like for Matsuda, as he almost appears to approve of Light's tactics in seducing Takada. Obviously he thinks it's good for the case, but still...

People like Mikami are idiots. They think they're special? They think they have a good concept of human nature? You wore glasses, got picked on, and are a secretly vindictive? Go cut your wrists emo kid, that's life. Pft, getting picked on and trying to help other people doesn't give you any special insight. People like that, they struggle and struggle to gain power to realize their idea of Right and then abuse it when they have it. Naturally, they become zealous pawns for whatever organization is closest to their views... Religious fanatics, racial hierarchists, pompous nationalists. They exemplify the term "Sheople"

Add Takada (tits like elbows, btw) and Mikami to the herd. Bah, bah, bah. Ahh, but what about the original 'lamb'? What about Misa? ...seems next episode will show us...

Raven
Sat, 05-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Misa's still acting as a distraction for Mello, don't forget.

David75
Mon, 05-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Well, I wonder what will come out of ep 35...

RoCk
Mon, 05-28-2007, 12:18 PM
my hate for Light increases... I seriously hate people who manipulate the emotions of others... I also lost some of my like for Matsuda, as he almost appears to approve of Light's tactics in seducing Takada. Obviously he thinks it's good for the case, but still...

Sir, this is why Light is amazing. He's playing life like it was chess and a few episodes back, his father was nothing but a pawn. In order to really be the new king of an empire, you need to detach yourself emotionally from EVERYONE. You saw how he broke down when Sayu was kidnapped or when his ego was threatened, that stuff is not becoming of a king. He is playing his role and he's playing it to a Tee. not to mention, he's a damn pimp!

Kraco
Mon, 05-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Sir, this is why Light is amazing. He's playing life like it was chess and a few episodes back, his father was nothing but a pawn. In order to really be the new king of an empire, you need to detach yourself emotionally from EVERYONE. You saw how he broke down when Sayu was kidnapped or when his ego was threatened, that stuff is not becoming of a king.

Too bad what you are describing isn't an ideal king but a perfect tyrant. I don't actually see Light respecting any manner of social contract (people don't even know who he is and nobody's safe), and so he couldn't be an enlightened ruler by any definition.

RoCk
Mon, 05-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Of course he's a tyrant! he has to pass judgement on who is good and who is not. What would you expect of Light? to be a monarch and sit upon a parliament? There is no such thing as a social contract as he slashes his way to his throne.

Kraco
Tue, 05-29-2007, 01:50 AM
Right... Sorry, I misunderstood you. It was my failure to realise you might be a true admirer of a totalitarian dictatorship.

Yukimura
Tue, 05-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Light wouldn't be considered a totalitarian, he's not really deciding what is or isn't allowed in every aspect of people's lives. So far he's only judged people convicted of suspected of breaking established laws. He doesn't try to tell people how to live their lives or what to think, only what things they can't do. To start down the totalitarian path he'd have to start killing anyone who disagreed with his existance as this would constitute trying to forcibly stop people from behaving in ways that don't cause anyone harm other than him.

RoCk
Tue, 05-29-2007, 10:47 PM
"To start down the totalitarian path he'd have to start killing anyone who disagreed with his existance as this would constitute trying to forcibly stop people from behaving in ways that don't cause anyone harm other than him."

L says hi. although he didn't die under light's pen...he definitely did die through Light's actions / will.

and no, i'm not a fan of totalitarian dictatorship. I'm a fan of a characterwho wants to change his fantasy (anime) world into his creation. I'm a fan of a character who defines perfection, but at the same time is the devil himself.

I'm a fan of the man who pulls the blinds over everyones eyes, even the smartest logicians. I'm a fan of Light.

xxkuronoxx
Wed, 05-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Uh is it okay to ask which group subs death note in better quality?

Animeniax
Wed, 05-30-2007, 01:29 AM
People like Mikami are idiots. They think they're special? They think they have a good concept of human nature? You wore glasses, got picked on, and are a secretly vindictive? Go cut your wrists emo kid, that's life. Pft, getting picked on and trying to help other people doesn't give you any special insight. People like that, they struggle and struggle to gain power to realize their idea of Right and then abuse it when they have it. Naturally, they become zealous pawns for whatever organization is closest to their views... Religious fanatics, racial hierarchists, pompous nationalists. They exemplify the term "Sheople"

Add Takada (tits like elbows, btw) and Mikami to the herd. Bah, bah, bah. Ahh, but what about the original 'lamb'? What about Misa? ...seems next episode will show us...
Mikami wasn't picked on, he just drew the wrath of the bullies when he tried to stick up for other victims. Like he said, as a kid he could deal with it, being the savior and taking the lumps in defense of the weak and downtrodden. As he got older, being the savior got tougher and tougher, since he could no longer reason with the bullies to get them to stop. He's not vindictive for his own sake, but for the sake of humanity and the weak. Didn't Jesus stand for the same thing? Granted, Mikami should have beefed up and taken martial arts so he could go Steven Seagal on the bullies, but that's not going to win the war.

Lots of people feel the way the heroes in Death Note feel. That's why it's such a popular show. Who in their life hasn't seen some evil shit go down, and just wished there was a way you could stop it and punish the offender? Hoping for their death might be a bit excessive, but what's the alternative? Put them in jail, where they get worse? Teach them a lesson, then let them leave and hope they don't do it again? Like Mikami said in the episode, some people are just bad and can't reform, so there's only one way to deal with them.

Deadfire
Wed, 05-30-2007, 02:13 AM
Uh is it okay to ask which group subs death note in better quality?

Currently most follow one of two groups Animanda or Kuro-Hana

I personally prefer Animanda as it seems to be of better quality then Kuro-Hana. However Kuro-Hana is faster at subbing. it's up to you.

David75
Wed, 05-30-2007, 02:31 AM
Light and the anime are very entertaining, and that's all that matters to me.
I don't car putting transposing it to the real world, that's not my first intention
when watching an anime.

And I think it's sad when people start arguing from something meant for entertainment.

c u

Kraco
Wed, 05-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Light wouldn't be considered a totalitarian, he's not really deciding what is or isn't allowed in every aspect of people's lives. So far he's only judged people convicted of suspected of breaking established laws. He doesn't try to tell people how to live their lives or what to think, only what things they can't do. To start down the totalitarian path he'd have to start killing anyone who disagreed with his existance as this would constitute trying to forcibly stop people from behaving in ways that don't cause anyone harm other than him.

Actually he has shown no restraints in killing those who disagree with his existence. All those FBI agents and other people who tried to identify him and who he consequently killed do make a number. Also, if you establish an arbitrary power of killing criminals (judged so by the court or not) whose names/faces become public in some manner, you most certainly affect a major portion of people's lives. You create quite a system of fear. Of course normal people don't usually strive to become criminals of any manner, but when there's an unknown, faceless entity judging whether you are one or not and the only punishment is immediate death, it pretty much defies all aspects of the western judiciary system.

Well, traditionally those who have power without accountability eventually want more and more of it, and Light hasn't been around for so long yet, and much of his time has been spent simply to establish his power and avoiding capture, so we don't actually know how far he would go if left unchecked.

And I think it's sad when people start arguing from something meant for entertainment.

These threads, and this whole forum, are here for people to express their opinions. The really sad things are good series that never got a thread longer than one or two pages. So, when a good series like Death Note gets a thread dozens of pages long, it basically is a personification of the purpose of this place.

xxkuronoxx
Wed, 05-30-2007, 03:14 AM
Currently most follow one of two groups Animanda or Kuro-Hana

I personally prefer Animanda as it seems to be of better quality then Kuro-Hana. However Kuro-Hana is faster at subbing. it's up to you.

Thanks for the tip... I plan on downloading animanda's sub as soon as DN's over.. And yes quality is the priority... Thanks :)

masamuneehs
Wed, 05-30-2007, 10:35 AM
He's not vindictive for his own sake, but for the sake of humanity and the weak.

Since he personally gets to define who is weak and which part of humanity deserves being protected, which should die, I think it is for his own sake. It's his personal system of values, his personal judgment of other people, his personal crusade. He can say "I'm doing it for the good people", but honestly, he's doing it for Kira because he agrees with Kira.

If it was really "for the weak" or "humanity", then wouldn't Light or Mikami let those people be part of the judging process? They also kill people who are only accused of commiting crimes, not convicted. They don't let a jury or anybody else tell them who deserves to die, they just use their own personal judgment.

Dress it up all you like, but all Light and Kira and Misa are doing is the same as the corrupt businessman who got the Note, creating their ideal world by using god-like power. They'd never have the cooperation of people if it wasn't for this power and the fear it inspires. The only difference is the businessman didn't feel the need to rationalize his actions in a "it's for the common good" fashion.

Lots of people feel the way the heroes in Death Note feel. That's why it's such a popular show. Who in their life hasn't seen some evil shit go down, and just wished there was a way you could stop it and punish the offender? Hoping for their death might be a bit excessive, but what's the alternative? Put them in jail, where they get worse? Teach them a lesson, then let them leave and hope they don't do it again? Like Mikami said in the episode, some people are just bad and can't reform, so there's only one way to deal with them.

First, I would never call anyone except for L or Near and the honest cops and agents investigating Kira "heroes"... They're overly powerful, highly egotistical people bent on exacting their personal brand of vigilante justice.

Let's look at your logic and actually think about it. Yes, everyone has had a time when they wish they had more power so they could stop some bad shit, and/or gain retribution for a wrong done in the past. You seem to be saying that there's no hope for reforming them, so they must die. Well, I'm willing to entertain your rigid limitations of learned human behavior, even if it isn't a universal rule. If you kill everyone who makes a big mistake, they never learn from it, they just die. Everyone around them notices and says "he got killed because he did something bad" and naturally then think "If I don't want to end up that way, I better never do that!" So, out of fear of punishment, they don't. But are they really any better people, any more moral and upstanding?

NO!

They never learn WHY the punishable act is bad, or why they shouldn't do it in the first place. The only thing they learn is what their punishment would be, and the fear of that "reforms" them, keeps them in line. Worse than that, because this punishment is coming from a shadowy figure that always tells them what NOT to do, not what they should do, they never learn to behave morally, they only learn not to behave in a way that Kira might kill them for. They become trained dogs, never really understanding why they shouldn't pee on the couch, just knowing that if they do, they'll get a newspaper on the nose. Fear of punishment is not the same thing as desire to do the right thing, even if they can lead to the same kind of behavior.

Finally, let's take an example:
Late at night, you walk home alone from a bar. Someone attacks you and you fear for your life. In the ensuing struggle, you kill the man. No witnesses. The police show up and it turns out to be the DA's younger brother who attacked you. Also, imagine it's not evident that you were defending yourself. Say, for example, that the person tried to shoot you, but you shot first. The police bring you in, and the DA comes in. You reek of alcohol, have no wounds, the DA's brother has no criminal record and it turns out he was actually licensed to carry a gun. Furious about his brother's death, he charges you with homicide.

Misa/Mikami/Light watch the news. They see your face and kill you.

Now, you can imagine how similar situations could have arisen everywhere and anywhere. False charges, abuse of power, all things that aren't readily knowable for Light or Mikami or Misa, may lead to them killing innocent people. After the first instance of this, and by your own logic, Light and Misa and Mikami deserve to die.

Uberbaka
Wed, 05-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Ah, but in the world that they strive for there would be no need for self defense as everyone knows that you would end up dead and agree with these ideas (because they'll get killed otherwise)

If they were to just kill the convicted then it would only inspire fear of getting caught, not actually doing the act like killing everyone does very effectively.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I would think Light understands what masa is talking about with the trained behavior vs true goodness aspect. I believe that he just doesn't care. His goal is not to reform people it's to reform 'the world'. He wants to make it so that 'evil' things aren't done by people to other people, and he knows that its easier to achieve that goal by having everyone live in fear rather than having everyone be educated about the good and bad aspects of their actions.

One of my favorite fake people Dr. House recently made a good point about this kind of thing. He saved this woman's life by figuring out a medical mystery, but he didn't do it to save her life, he did it for the fun of solving the puzzle. When pressed about how this makes him a terrible person he responds "Do you think she cares why I saved her? Do you think the children she can have now will care what motivated some doctor from New Jersey to find out what made her sick and fix it?" On the same track, would the people that aren't being killed or raped or stolen from care what reason their potential assailants had for choosing not to act? Whether the bad guys thought of Kira or they were afraid of being caught by the police or because they had an epiphany and just decided they should start being good people, the end result is that the bad thing didn't happen and person X can go about their day in peace, which is all most people want. Worrying about the intentions and state of minds of criminals is a luxury for those who aren't in danger from them. For this reason people tend to, or at least should, listen more to the opinions of a person who's been through something then someone who's just observed it second hand. On the other hand of course there will be a lot of bias involved if a victim is judging their assailant, but if your goal is the elimination of interpersonal crimes then the bias will only serve to further support the notion that if you hurt someone you will be punished absolutely by a force outside both yourself and the person you hurt.

@masa: your point about the false accusations does present a pretty serious problem for Light's ideal, since if he wants to know who did what he'll always have to trust the judgment of others to some degree when deciding if they should die.

Animeniax
Thu, 05-31-2007, 09:13 AM
If it was really "for the weak" or "humanity", then wouldn't Light or Mikami let those people be part of the judging process? They also kill people who are only accused of commiting crimes, not convicted. They don't let a jury or anybody else tell them who deserves to die, they just use their own personal judgment.
Light is in the top-99.9% percentile of human intelligence, so why shouldn't he decide who lives and dies? Besides, the law and the police pick out who dies. Unfortunately because of people like you who don't agree with what he's doing, he has to keep his activities a secret, instead of taking polls before acting.

Dress it up all you like, but all Light and Kira and Misa are doing is the same as the corrupt businessman who got the Note, creating their ideal world by using god-like power. They'd never have the cooperation of people if it wasn't for this power and the fear it inspires. The only difference is the businessman didn't feel the need to rationalize his actions in a "it's for the common good" fashion.
The business men used the note to kill people to benefit their business, ie make money. Light and crew use it to kill people to save the world, not for any capital gains. I don't see the correlation.

They never learn WHY the punishable act is bad, or why they shouldn't do it in the first place. The only thing they learn is what their punishment would be, and the fear of that "reforms" them, keeps them in line. Worse than that, because this punishment is coming from a shadowy figure that always tells them what NOT to do, not what they should do, they never learn to behave morally, they only learn not to behave in a way that Kira might kill them for. They become trained dogs, never really understanding why they shouldn't pee on the couch, just knowing that if they do, they'll get a newspaper on the nose. Fear of punishment is not the same thing as desire to do the right thing, even if they can lead to the same kind of behavior.You're definitely wrong about this. The criminals being killed are in the news. People see them or read about their death in the paper, and know why they died and what their crime was.

Finally, let's take an example:
Late at night, you walk home alone from a bar. Someone attacks you and you fear for your life. In the ensuing struggle, you kill the man. No witnesses. The police show up and it turns out to be the DA's younger brother who attacked you. Also, imagine it's not evident that you were defending yourself. Say, for example, that the person tried to shoot you, but you shot first. The police bring you in, and the DA comes in. You reek of alcohol, have no wounds, the DA's brother has no criminal record and it turns out he was actually licensed to carry a gun. Furious about his brother's death, he charges you with homicide.
Misa/Mikami/Light watch the news. They see your face and kill you.Hey, mistakes will be made. If they kill a couple of innocents among the thousands of criminals, that's not a terrible ratio.

Just like Mikami says, at some age point people are not going to be rehabilitated and change their ways. So what are the options: jail them in hopes that they get rehabilitated (which we know is bs because you just get better at being a criminal when you spend years among them in jail), or kill them. I prefer the latter.

Kraco
Thu, 05-31-2007, 09:58 AM
Light is in the top-99.9% percentile of human intelligence, so why shouldn't he decide who lives and dies?

I totally fail to see how his presumed intelligence has anything to do with this issue? Or do you mean any top Mensa member should be allowed to kill people at random just because they are intelligent?

Unfortunately because of people like you who don't agree with what he's doing, he has to keep his activities a secret, instead of taking polls before acting.

Well, what can you do? Even during the ancient Roman empire citizens weren't allowed to kill each other at random. During the dark times of Middle Ages that somewhat lapsed, but afterwards more and more became in effect once more. It's kind of easy to get used to the idea that has seen a couple of millennia of development...

Hey, mistakes will be made. If they kill a couple of innocents among the thousands of criminals, that's not a terrible ratio.

You would have made jolly good friends with Stalin. He also thought like that: The death of one person is a tragedy, but the death of a million people is statistics.

Yukimura
Thu, 05-31-2007, 10:23 AM
So what are the options: jail them in hopes that they get rehabilitated (which we know is bs because you just get better at being a criminal when you spend years among them in jail), or kill them. I prefer the latter.

That logic ignores all the people who are generally pretty good, but make a mistake and then regret what they did and are rehabilitated (scared shitless) in prison. Just because lots and lots of prisoners aren't like that doesn't mean the one's who are should just be written off as lost causes. I think you'd want to try and kill the really bad ones right off the bat, then give the repentant ones one chance after they get out, (or two if you like baseball analogies that much) then kill them immediately if they show up again.

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 05-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Death Note 33 (Kuro-Hana)

http://kuro-hana.edwardk.info/dn33lq.torrent

Yukimura
Thu, 05-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Okay that stuff at 11:10 was just weird, and the aftermath didn't make sense either. How could Near deduce Mikami so quickly when Light was looking for who to choose for a while, sure he's 'smart' and stuff, but he can't just magically figure things out with no evidence whatsoever.

Anyway I'm sensing several deaths are on the horizon. I'm thinking Takeda will kill Amane, believing that because she doesn't know about Light being Kira she isn't important to him. Also, Mikami, who showed himself to be an idiot in this episode, will probably be dead by the next ep. That CIA plant should be dead within two eps and at least one more team member will probably have to die, my mony's on Aizawa since he's so nosy.

masamuneehs
Thu, 05-31-2007, 11:27 PM
definitely one of my favorite moments in a long slew of "Super genius with some kind of defect" tradition comes when Near asks Lester to come all the way back to New York so that he doesn't have to board the plane all by himself. Adorable. At first I really did not like him, always comparing him to L, but I'm coming to like Near more and more.

He's ballsy as hell. I mean, L was bold sometimes, but Near has no qualms with outright challenging Light and placing himself and his men in the line of fire, whatever it takes to bring Kira down.

And all his toys! I'm so envious of the kid... The Christmas tree in his investigation headquarters also made me smile. That kid has got to be some kind of spoiled...

I can't help but think Light is running out of plans. He's currently relying on two pillars of support (Mikami and Takada) that look pretty shaky. When it was just Misa, that was fine, she had to be involved because she started out with a Note, on her own. But now that Light has chosen these two... I can't help but think it's the beginning of the end for them. This episode showed Mikami begin to question his "god's" judgment and also showed that Takada might break under high-stress situations.

I don't quite buy how Near figures out that Mikami is involved... seems way too... convienent
This was the first episode where I actually liked Misa. Finally causing some shit on her own again! Her scenes were both funny and interesting, especially the dinner.

That one split-second shot of Takada, when she realized that she could kill Misa if she wanted to, that was also solid gold.

and at the end of the episode it looks like one of Light's supports truly does falter. But, you have to wonder, does Mikami screws up, or maybe it's all part of Light's plan?

ForteCross
Wed, 06-06-2007, 10:27 PM
how i saw that, he didnt screwed up, he called takada to kill this guy, and then he supposedly writed the name on some random note. i see that part of light's plan...

Koyuki
Thu, 06-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Episode 34 is out. Enjoy

Death Note 34 (http://dx-mirror.ath.cx/t/dn34lq)

gr3atfull
Thu, 06-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I really liked this episode. I can't wait to see what is Near's plan and what will L do.

Spiegel
Fri, 06-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Well, for those that don't like torrents, I have started kind of a small scale Direct Download service for whatever episode version of Death Note I watch. The site is:

Shinigami-only-eat-apples.net (http://shinigami-only-eat-apples.net)

I just uploaded episode 34 buy [Kuro-Hana] so it is there at the bottom of the downloads page. Yes. I know the site is a little crude, but I didn't want to go all out with layout and graphics, I would rather have something that runs smooth.

A link can also be found in my Signature.

Raven
Sat, 06-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Sooo... is it confirmed yet that there's 37 eps in this series? As in, three to go?

I keep hearing different reports - from one source it's 37, another source it's 47.

After having just watched 34 and not having read the manga, I would assume it'd be a little optimistic to wrap this all up in three more eps.

Yukimura
Sat, 06-09-2007, 02:23 PM
It's definately 37, and from the looks of things they're going to end it with Near pulling some more nonsense to outwit Light and defeat him. The fact that Light is making so many mistakes, mainly assuming his team trusts him and not taking precautions against their potential suspicions, is really annoying, However it's quite possible Light has some 'Catch the criminal and get my memories back after clearing my name' level plan set into motion that will redeem him. We haven't seen Ryuk for quite a while..where could he be?!?!?

Raven
Sat, 06-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Well, simply based on the fact that we haven't seen Ryuk for so long, he'll probably be the one who ends up killing Light! I kid, I kid. ;)

Spiegel
Sat, 06-09-2007, 09:58 PM
I just completely updated the site with a new theme (Since there never really was one), and uploaded some more episodes. I am also uploading the rest of the Animanda episodes as we speak. Let me know what you think...

I am also watching the newest ep right now, Feedback when I am finished.

Darknodin
Sun, 06-10-2007, 09:23 PM
yea... depending on how this ends... either they nerfed Light to hell for the second part of the show (grew old and soft?) or Light is a genius (if he wins in the end). I must say, i'm rooting for Light since i hate Near. and what the hell is Mello doing?

FullMetalAlchemist
Sun, 06-10-2007, 11:12 PM
i have the feeling either mello or near will be killed by light, and the surviver will catch light/kill or like someone said earlier ryuk will kill light, cause didn't ryuk say he will be the one to kill light in the end.

Spiegel
Wed, 06-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I am not sure how it will go down. I see N as a little immature not just due to his age. He is extremely smart, But I think it will be L that will kill Mellow, not sure but I see light will most likely kill N and One of the death gods will kill Light. The absence of Ryuk may be because he is currently held captive somehow by the other death gods. Of course most of what I have just said is purely speculation.

P.S. Just updated the Download site again and it now has 1-30 by Animanda up and ready to go. I also have 19-34 by Kuro-Hana, and just because I already had it I have 1-12 by Live-Evil on there also. Please enjoy!

Deadfire
Wed, 06-13-2007, 06:05 PM
This (http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/2639/cdco7.jpg)does not look good for the continued subbing of this series

masamuneehs
Wed, 06-13-2007, 07:46 PM
This (http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/2639/cdco7.jpg)does not look good for the continued subbing of this series
GODDAMNIT! And I just started burning DVDs of Animanda's releases today... FUCK

Kuro-Hana_ Death Note _ Episode 35 (http://kuro-hana.edwardk.info/dn35lq.torrent)

Yukimura
Wed, 06-13-2007, 09:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO! They can't take away my precious Death Note...Do these people think all the fans will just go buy their DVD's knowing that they're lining the pockets of the same people that forced them to wait a year to find out what happened?

Apparently every Death Note subber got this, kuro-hana may be able to get the eps out before the 22nd but I think Animanda is just going to give up. No word from c1 that I can find so there may be some hope there. I suspect that the timing of these letters with the airing of the last episode in Japan (June 13th aka Today) isn't a coincidence. Viz is probably trying to drive as many people as they can to their new download service so they can make 2 bucks an episode for their subs (I'm tempted to pay for ep one just to compare it with live-evil's).

BananaFob
Wed, 06-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Wouldn't be reading the manga, watching the Live-Action movie, paying for these subs, or watching their dubs be alternative ways to finishing the plot of Death Note?

Just a suggestion.

Spiegel
Wed, 06-13-2007, 11:04 PM
For those that do not like Bittorrent or would rather do a direct download I have episode 35 up and ready. You can download from the link below. The download link is on the front page.

Shinigami-only-eat-apples.net (http://shinigami-only-eat-apples.net/site/)

Yukimura
Thu, 06-14-2007, 12:49 AM
@BananaFob: If the show doesn't get subbed then yes I'll read the manga rather than wait for DVD rips (paying for things that I can get for free is not my style). I'll still count it as a loss that I didn't get to see the anime in a timely manner though. I saw the first LA movie and it was different enough from the anime/manga that I don't trust that the second's conclusion is the same as the original story so I didn't watch it.

On 35: If Light knew Mello's name already why did he wait so long to kill him? I thought his father hadn't transmitted the name over the radio when he found out, so I'm confused as to how Light could have given it to the news girl (unless she made the eye deal too, which still shouldn't have worked since I'm pretty sure Light sketched that pic of Mello we saw in her flashback).

Other than that, Light and Near predicting each others moves is kind of strange, but not that interesting until we see one of them pull ahead one step, which would probably make that person the victor. I'll be on the look out for someone to put 36/37 on toshon as [anon].

Uchiha
Thu, 06-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Light couldn't kill Mello because he knew his name but he never knew what Mello looked like, seems like just a sketch of a person isn't enough to actually kill them. Still find it odd that Mello just died like that, I like how it came so sudden but still, why did he take off his helmet infront of Takada. Mello should think longer then that, I hope it was some kind of bait but I can't see what he could've done to trick Takada or the note so I guess he is just dead. :(

Jadugar
Thu, 06-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I just went down to Kuro-Hana website to download ep 35 and .....

Quoted from Kuro-Hana website :

Sad news to inform all off our watchers for Death Note.

We have just received a C&D(Cease and Desist) from VIZ Media stating for us to stop all distribution of Death Note by 22nd June 2007.
(This letter has also been served to Animanda, c1anime? & Several Death Note fan sites.)

Naturally, we will comply with Viz’s request and cease all distribution/subbing activities of Death Note.

Letter from Viz (http://kuro-hanasubs.com/kurohanaviz.jpg)

We are only two episodes away.............:mad:

Carnage
Thu, 06-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Do these licenser's ever actually sue? Didn't Kaizoku-fansubs get a C&D and just blow it off?
(Besides the fact that it came from Funimation, not Viz :confused: )

P.S. DN is still on C1's active list.

Splash!
Thu, 06-14-2007, 01:14 PM
:( Is there NO hope left? I don't want to be stuck reading the manga but I might have to because there is no way in hell I am waiting that long.

So Light was able to predict exactly how Near would move or so he thinks. It strikes me as uncharacteristic of light though to be able to foresee all of this and then screw up with the writing pads in the hotel. Other than that this episode was awesome. I am wondering though, did light actually anticipate Mello showing up or was it a convenient turn of events for him. Guess I will never find out in the way I intended. This sux :mad:

Koyuki
Thu, 06-14-2007, 03:19 PM
I think it was a convenient turn of events. He is pretty badass for killing Takada. I'm eager to see the end of the series.

Anyways, I think someone will sub the last 2 episodes, or they will release it on IRC. If there is a will, there is always a way. Remember what they did with FMA.

gr3atfull
Thu, 06-14-2007, 05:47 PM
I didn't really like this episode for the main reason that Mello is dead and it seems too easy that Light can easily kill anyone and nobody cant do anything. There seems no hope for catching him unless Near is a super genius and he knows what to do next.

And this is really stupid that they are stopping when there is 2 episodes left. Somebody better do them.

masamuneehs
Thu, 06-14-2007, 06:04 PM
the law of supply and demand will surely see someone filling the rift soon. have no fear. let's be patient, and i'm sure we'll be rewarded with a new group stepping forward.

Super props to Spiegel and fuck Viz in their ear.

hitokiriender
Thu, 06-14-2007, 08:54 PM
I believe Kuro-hana said they will continue to fansub Death Note until the end. I remember mpr saying it on mIRC when he got the c&d letter.

masamuneehs
Fri, 06-15-2007, 01:10 PM
R.I.P. Matt. One cool badass right to the end; it's a shame the anime didn't show as much of him...

As for Mello, what a fucking retard. In the end, he wasn't nearly smart enough, and his only advantage, that of ruthlessness, seemed to have disappeared. A fucking blanket? Women always keep their last-ditch vitals in their bra or panties. In life and death, nudity is nothing. I would have done a cavity search as well... idiot...

Light's set up pretty well. Takada is dead, which I think helps him out alot, she was only reliable enough to follow basic instructions. Her abduction and death will surely go down as making her a "martyr" in the public eye, and that will probably give more sympathy to Kira... Mikami is still in play...

But where does Near's confidence come from? I know the kid isn't that stupid... If anything, I'm sure he took Mello's actions into account ahead of time (it was so coming that Mello would try to pull some strong-arm shit like this), and has somehow gained something from them... There's also Aizawa.

Well, it's getting down to the wire. We'll soon see... I'm actually enjoying the anime quite a bit, even more than I did this portion of the manga (although I do miss some of the details...)

pandacon
Fri, 06-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Do these licenser's ever actually sue? Didn't Kaizoku-fansubs get a C&D and just blow it off?
(Besides the fact that it came from Funimation, not Viz :confused: )

P.S. DN is still on C1's active list.

Some fansubbers are outside of the USA, so I don't think there is much that Viz, or other American companies can do to them. So they just continue to fansub it anyways.

Looks like KuroHana pulled Deathnote off thier site now, guess we'll have to wait and see from whom wwe will get 36 and 37 from.

gr3atfull
Sun, 06-17-2007, 07:10 AM
What really surprised me in this episode was that Mello was sorry for Matt's death. It showed another side of Mello. Usually, he doesn't feel anything for anybody.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 06-18-2007, 06:22 PM
I'd like to thank Spiegel as well. I was waiting for the releases of C1, and read today that they dropped it. After a quick search I found out that none of the subbers had their torrents up anymore. Since I don't know any sites that have all the HQ ones I risked being spoiled (I've only seen the C1 ones..) and checked this thread. Luckily I quickly found the post I was waiting for.
Thanks M8!

Now let's hope that someone will pick up the last 2 eps..

Carnage
Mon, 06-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Yea I'd like to thank Spiegal as well, his site was a great help.

Spiegel
Mon, 06-18-2007, 07:01 PM
I'd like to thank Spiegel as well. I was waiting for the releases of C1,

I am actually uploading the C1 releases for anyone that wants them for backup purposes. They should be up by late tonight hopefully,

UPDATE: Just finished uploading and have updated the site with the episodes by C1. Please enjoy!

Zati
Wed, 06-20-2007, 03:15 AM
A group called Ruberia just released :

Episode 36 - Ruberia (XviD) (http://fujin.myip.hu:8080/%5BRuberia%5D_Death_Note_-_36%5Bxvid%5D%5BB8ADD330%5D.torrent)

Jessper
Wed, 06-20-2007, 05:20 AM
Not the best translation but it got the point across.

Can't wait for the next episode!