PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Opening and Closing Themes

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Naruto has been praised for its music by many, so I'm just curious what everyone's favorite Opening or Ending themes are. Many of them have been pretty damn good, and stand as great songs all by themselves. I'm not suprised if most people's favorites are earlier ones, though. Some of the more recent ones have sucked...kinda badly.

Since I know everyone else is gonna say "Haruka Kanata" was the best OP, I'll list "Seishun Kyosokyoku" as my favorite. It's really upbeat, and I like the kind of 70's funk the guitar parts have. I also really like Sambomaster (the band). The lead singer is pretty good and has a distinctive sound. The animation that went along with it was also really dynamic, showing all the characters running/jumping/fighting. Watching it always got me pumped and ready to watch the episode.

My favorite ending theme, by far, is "Ima Made Nando Mo". For some reason I really love the full version of that song. The lead singer is so awesome, and the piano and organ parts they integrate into it are great - especially at the very beginning and very end. I think they fit so well. It's also got this "epic" feel to it (at least, morso than the other EDs), so it's a really memorable song for me.

Let the wave of "Haruka Kanata" responses roll in!

Edit: Also, feel free to list what you thought the worst themes were too.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 11-03-2005, 07:16 PM
"Seishun Kyosokyoku," along with the visuals, captures the mindset of the Sasuke-chase Arc. Or perhaps it's more the visuals and the music just reinforces it? Either way, I like it.

Speed is just too funny. I can't watch the particular ending that it plays in and NOT think "Kishimoto on Crack," sorry Xan, it was a joke.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 11-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Gotta go with "Go!". Its very catchy and Jiraya getting distracted by the women painted on the wall then being kicked by Naruto in the ass is hilarious. "Speed" cause I couldn't think of an ending as catchy as that one.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 11-03-2005, 07:31 PM
I'll go with Seishun Kyosokyoku and Viva Rock ~Japanese Side~. The songs themselves were awsome
and the ending for Viva Rock was great with all the characters walking across.

aznroyale
Thu, 11-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Haruka Kanata, Viva Rock ~Japanese Side~ for me ^_^

Rik
Thu, 11-03-2005, 08:02 PM
"Go" and "Wind" all the way

aznroyale
Thu, 11-03-2005, 08:10 PM
i like GO!!! also -_-

Aeon
Thu, 11-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Haruka Kanata and Wind. I just love the part in Haruka when the beat goes dun dun dun and shows each genin.

masamuneehs
Thu, 11-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Haruka Kanata for the opening. Haven't picked which ending I prefer, since I usually skip them...

aznroyale
Thu, 11-03-2005, 08:48 PM
i dont want to mean or anything but i think Seishun Kyosokyoku SUCKS

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Haruka Kanata and Wind. I just love the part in Haruka when the beat goes dun dun dun and shows each genin.

lol, that's my favorite part too.

If anyone has not heard the full versions of any of these songs, by the way, I encourage you to download them. Some of them are kinda different, and most of the longer versions are much better (especially Viva Rock). You can get them at Narutofan. So go!

Assertn
Thu, 11-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Haruka Kanata is too overplayed...used to be my favorite, but now "No Boy No Cry" is my favorite. The whole intro sequence with Naruto, Neji, Chouji, Kiba, and Shikamaru is the best.

Terracosmo
Thu, 11-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Naruto's music has been praised? Wow, that's funny. I thought most people disliked the ops/eds of this show. Well, most of them suck anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

The best ones are Haruka Kanata (obviously) for the opening, and Alive for the ending. For some reason I really enjoy that song. It's pretty.

heero
Thu, 11-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Seishun Kyosokyoku...only one i liked

TheNineTails
Thu, 11-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Haruka Kanata that one...

GLS
Thu, 11-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Opening: GO!!!
Ending: Speed.

NM
Thu, 11-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Crap, for the Opening I accidentally left it as Rocks. >_< Change my vote to Haruka Kanata.
As for the Ending, Wind all the way!

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Man no one liked the third opening? I loved it, almost as much as hurta kanada. It was so sad with poor baby neji, garra, hinita, and naruto. Still one of my favorites. I've pretty much liked most of the openings. Wasn't that crazy about go and I hated last two godawful filler theme songs. Grrrr they made me angry only good thing about them was the badass silluette with the atsuki only redeeming thing. Well maybe we'll finally get a good opening again in april.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-04-2005, 02:21 AM
That's right. Haruka Kanata and Wind for the win.

Kraco
Fri, 11-04-2005, 03:53 AM
Haruka Kanata is a great piece of music, but since it's anyway (always) getting so many votes, I'll vote for Rocks even though nobody else seems to like (the only other vote being a mistake it seems, heh heh), but for some obscure reason I like it. Wind for Ending, because I haven't liked the rest that much.

Shuurai
Fri, 11-04-2005, 04:47 AM
I like the part in Rocks when Team 7 fight those bandits the music blends well with it. As for the ending i would have to say Wind it seemed to flow perfectly with the episodes at the time especially the "Haku Arc"

Zinobi
Fri, 11-04-2005, 09:50 AM
im gonna have to go back and check the endings but i voted for Haruka Kanata

anim8td_fan
Fri, 11-04-2005, 10:53 PM
I voted for Haruka Kanata because that is the song that got me into one of my favorite bands, Asian Kung-Fu Generation. As for my favorite ending, that was a tough choice. I had to chose between Wind, Viva Rock, Alive, Ryuusei, Mountain a Go Go Too, and Hajimete Kimi to Shabetta. I ended up voting for Mountain a Go Go Too.

Psyke
Fri, 11-04-2005, 11:08 PM
I loved both GO!! from Flow and Haruka Kanata from Asian Kung Fu Generation. Gotta pick GO!! due to the "Right here! Right now!" though. For best ending I'd choose Viva Rock from Orange Range.

The new op sounds good too, but I'll have to wait for the full version to make more comments.

Dionysos
Mon, 11-07-2005, 03:04 PM
I like Kanashimi wo Yasashisa Ni most...and i think that was the only opening i listened to..endings dunno dont listen to them at all

Mite Gai
Mon, 11-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by: aznroyale
i don't want to be mean or anything, but I think Seishun Kyosokyoku SUCKS.

Yeah, I feel the same way about Go!, so to each his own I must say. My vote goes for Seishun Kyosokyoku, even though I accidentally voted for Rocks, because it had some really cool opening animations that got me pumped for the arc and kept me pumped through the stupidity of the filler (about 10% of it was actually necessary at this point) before the Sasuke vs. Naruto fight. As for the ending, to be perfectly honest, NOTE I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE, but I really could not stand any of them so I gave a clothespin vote to Ryuusei, because for some inexplicable reason I find that I took natural liking to it though I guess that is probably because at the end of a show I want a smooth, calming ending.

XanBcoo
Tue, 11-08-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm also gonna say that, while it's not my favorite, I really like Mountain a Go Go Too. I love the beat to it, and the psychedelic stuff is really cool XD

I dig that 70s style.

masamuneehs
Thu, 11-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok, maybe I'm just crazy or really overanalyzing or something but hear me out.

You know how the new crappy opening for the Naruto filler starts with all the people leaving the house, then the title "Naruto" as the characters are looking at the sun?

Well, if Pause it just before they cut away from that scene to Naruto looking all serious/depressed against a red background you'll notice there is another person who comes into the camera's path for just a split second before they cut away. All you can see of that person is their leg and hip.

I think it is Sasuke. The position of the equipment bag, the pattern of the bandage wrappings and the shorts, it HAS to be Sasuke!
Pause it right around 00:13 seconds into a Dattebayo file and you'll see what I'm talking about!

Does this mean to imply that Sasuke will eventually come back as a good guy?

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-10-2005, 08:24 PM
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/6512/nymooto7po.jpg

Discuss if you want. Just don't get too off topic.

I don't think it's Sasuke. Sasuke wears white shorts. If they really wanted to insinuate that he'd return they'd make it a bit more obvious I think. Keep in mind this is the new "filler intro".

Phoenix20578
Thu, 11-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Thats Neji...

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Case closed.

Anyway, after actually watching that intro again I kinda like it. Especially the part where Naruto starts running just before it shows all the other Genin. The drum pickup is really cool. That would be about 25 seconds in (for a Datebayo file).

dimitris127
Wed, 09-27-2006, 02:12 PM
hi

i wanted to know the intro you like more(just out of curiosity),i like the one which starts saying <<we are fighting dreamers>>

Zinobi
Wed, 09-27-2006, 02:40 PM
I thought there was already a thread like this...

but i might as well contribute i like the intro with Kanashimi wo yasashisa Ni - Little by Little

Darth Arrow
Wed, 09-27-2006, 02:48 PM
My favourite is Haruka Kanata by Asian Kung-fu Generation :p Still there are many other good openings for Naruto too... As for ending, my all-time-favourite is without a doubt Wind by Akeboshi.

Board of Command
Wed, 09-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Fighting Dreamers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x81aiSiTTg

It fits that arc perfectly.

XanBcoo
Wed, 09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
I thought there was already a thread like this...
Here: http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=254937#post254937.

It's pretty old though. My opinion hasn't changed however, Sambomaster's OP (Seishun Kyosokyoku) is still my favorite. Though I do have a liking for Go's second Naruto opening (the one that was used during some filler arc that I only watched one episode of).

Harima Kenji
Wed, 09-27-2006, 04:38 PM
hi

i wanted to know the intro you like more(just out of curiosity),i like the one which starts saying <<we are fighting dreamers>>

The title of that one is: Flow - Go!!! (In case you didn't know that already :p)

My favorite.. I'll have to choose between Haruka Kanata(Asian Kung Fu Generation) and Seishun Kyousoukyoku (Sambomaster)

Azaz31
Wed, 09-27-2006, 05:20 PM
I agree with Harima Kenji and Darth Arrow that Haruka Kanata is the best one :)

edit: lol @ even-rep "you're wrong" :)

wowza161
Thu, 10-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Favorite opening: No Boy No Cry simply because Itachi looks so badass in it
Favorite ending: PARADE both because it's a great song and OMG doggies. Too bad they only played it for like what, four episodes?

Honorable mention for ending: Wind would have probably won it for me were it not for the doggies. DOGGIES.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-05-2006, 05:35 AM
No Boy No Cry is my favorite too. Just beware, don't go watch the actual video for this song by Stance Punks. It's a bit weird.

No favorite endings, but I liked the cell phone one. I also liked the one where Sakura wakes up from a dream at the end, though it's a little gross with the full body look-over since she's 12.
The little girls in doggy outfits ending was too freaky for me.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-05-2006, 11:44 AM
That full shot of Sakura gives me a chubby every fucking time.

Spank that 12 year old ass. Bitch.