PDA

View Full Version : Who's the fastest typer in Gotwoot?

KoKo37
Tue, 09-26-2006, 01:54 AM
Typer A (http://typera.tk/)

What is this?

TyperA is a Java program that tests your typing speed. You get randomly chosen words or sentences and try to type them as fast as possible. A game lasts for one or two minutes. The program counts letters of the correctly typed words and divides it by the test time. This will be your score, expressed in KPM, keystrokes per minute.

I just came across a link to this about 30 minutes ago, this is what I scored :

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8749/typeraresultsow5.png

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-26-2006, 02:16 AM
You beat me!

Your score: 347 keys per minute ~ 69 words per minute
Language/mode: en
Ranking: That was fast - you can still improve, though.
Comparison: 23% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 77% have a lower or equal result.

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-26-2006, 08:48 AM
= (

Your score: 194 keys per minute ~ 38 words per minute
Ranking: Not bad!
Comparison: 67% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 33% have a lower or equal result.

mage
Tue, 09-26-2006, 09:20 AM
This type test is horrible. Typing fast is all about anticipating what words going to come next, but this test uses incorrect grammar, spelling, and the sentences don't even make sense. You can't read ahead on this either because the window is so small. Anyway, here's what I got

Your score: 436 keys per minute ~ 87 words per minute
Comparison: 9% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 91% have a lower or equal result.

This test shows your true speed better: http://www.typingtest.com/test/default.asp

Here's what I got there:

- Test Name: Strategic Alliances with Competitors
- Date: 2006-09-26 10:18
- Test Time: 01:00
- Gross Speed: 113 WPM
- Errors: 1
- Accuracy: 99%

- NET SPEED: 112 WPM

KoKo37
Tue, 09-26-2006, 09:43 AM
This is what I got in a one minute test on that site :
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8301/untitled1jd7.png

Assertn
Tue, 09-26-2006, 09:55 AM
after 2nd try.....

Your score: 372 keys per minute ~ 74 words per minute
Comparison: 18% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 82% have a lower or equal result.

I'll have to try the other one when I've actually been awake for more than 30 min.
....and maybe not on a laptop

Augury
Tue, 09-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Your score: 375 keys per minute ~ 75 words per minute
Comparison: 18% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 82% have a lower or equal result.

- Test Name: Strategic Alliances with Competitors
- Date: 2006-09-26 10:35
- Test Time: 02:00
- Gross Speed: 80 WPM
- Errors: 6
- Accuracy: 96%

- NET SPEED: 77 WPM

These tests are a bit annoying when the user does make a typing error. In normal practice if the spacebar is hit too early the typer would back up to correct the mistake, but the test doesn't allow backspaces after a "word" is finished.

BioAlien
Tue, 09-26-2006, 01:00 PM
awww, there is not French test...

so in english i did,
Your score: 222 keys per minute ~ 44 words per minute
Language/mode: classic-en
Comparison: 55% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 45% have a lower or equal result.

Genma
Tue, 09-26-2006, 01:30 PM
First try I got this:

Your score: 325 keys per minute ~ 65 words per minute
Comparison: 28% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 72% have a lower or equal result.

Mistakes: bicycle(bicycle.), artifical(artificial), wisdon(wisdom), Definitely(Definitely,), withoiut(without), fact(fact.)

STUPID PERIODS AND COMMAS. =I

RyougaZell
Tue, 09-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Wow.

Game over
Your score: 323 keys per minute ~ 64 words per minute
Comparison: 29% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 71% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: Throw all the other ingredients away. The Great Movie Posters; They hungered for her treasure! It's when I lose that it bothers me. I thought you fixed that last century! We scientists, whose tragic destiny it has been to make the methods of annihilation ever more gruesome and more effective, must consider it our solemn and transcendent duty to do all in our power in preventing these weapons from being used for the brutal purpose for which they were invented. If you would understand your own age, read the works of fiction produced in it. Ask about the stock market and cash in. My whole being exists in a formless void. How much does it cost? It ain

Mistakes: Posters;(Posters:)

Well done!

Board of Command
Tue, 09-26-2006, 03:06 PM
This test shows your true speed better: http://www.typingtest.com/test/default.asp
Gross Speed: 82 WPM

Errors: 1

Net Speed: 81 WPM

Accuracy: 98%

RyougaZell
Tue, 09-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Gross Speed: 57 WPM

Errors: 11 words

Net speed: 51 WPM

Accuracy: 90%

that java froze many times... and I really didn't now what I was really typing...

mage
Tue, 09-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeahhh, looks like im the fastest typer motherfuckers

RyougaZell
Tue, 09-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeahhh, looks like im the fastest typer motherfuckers

you can be a secretary now mage :D

6Zabuza9
Tue, 09-26-2006, 05:11 PM
i suck.
Game over

Your score: 116 keys per minute ~ 23 words per minute
Comparison: 88% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 12% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: the master pressed control-amiga-amige and hhit rhe student on the head with the amiga rom kernel Manual it will depend upon how many flats thet've brought with them. te departing dividion generall manager met a last time with his young successor and gave him three envelopes i like the way ONLY thief mouths move this difference has been maintained a

Mistakes: the(The), control-amiga-amige(control-Amiga-Amiga), hhit(hit), rhe(the), amiga(Amiga), rom(ROM), kernel(Kernel), Manual(Manual.), it(It), thet've(they've), te(The), dividion(division), generall(general), envelopes(envelopes.), i(I), thief(their), move(move.), this(This)

Well done!

gr3atfull
Tue, 09-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Your score: 237 keys per minute ~ 47 words per minute
Comparison: 53% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 47% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on. The clearest way into the Universe is trough a forest wilderness. They told me I was gullible. He succeeded only in falling over a bruising his forehead. Not to laugh not to lament, not to curse, but to understand. Tehy told me I was gullible. If you throw a New Year's Party, the worst thing that you can ddo would be to throw the kind of party where your guests wake up today, and call you to say they had a nice time When a woman gives me a prese

Mistakes: trough(through), a(and), laugh(laugh,), Tehy(They), ddo(do), time(time.)

I will do it again. I had my birds on my hand and they kept playing whith my watch >.<

woofcat
Tue, 09-26-2006, 07:20 PM
I blow at reading and typing, since i type much faster when i don't have to read. Such as this post right now. But i got

59 WPM
2 errors
96%

FrogKing
Tue, 09-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Kicked your ass Woofcat!
Gross speed 69 WPM
Errors 3 words
Net Spped 66 WPM
Accuracy 96%
You typed very well.

ChaosK
Tue, 09-26-2006, 08:13 PM
First one:
Your score: 429 keys per minute ~ 85 words per minute
Comparison: 10% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 90% have a lower or equal result.

2nd:
Test name: Strategic Alliances with Competitors
Gross speed: 89WPM
Errors: 3 words
Net Speed: 86WPM
Accuracy: 96%

Eh so what I'm second?

Edit:

2nd try of 2nd link:
Test name: Strategic Alliances with Competitors
Gross speed: 103 words
Errors: 2 words
Net speed: 101 words
Accuracy 98%

LaZie
Tue, 09-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I have the new high score :p

1st try(I doubt im gonna do it again)

Your score: 448 keys per minute ~ 89 words per minute
Comparison: 8% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 92% have a lower or equal result.

kAi
Tue, 09-26-2006, 09:15 PM
69 words a minute
no errors
100% accuracy

mage
Tue, 09-26-2006, 09:24 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8483/asfasfvd9.jpg

Turkish-S
Tue, 09-26-2006, 09:59 PM
i fail..

Game over
Your score: 157 keys per minute ~ 31 words per minute
Language/mode: du
Comparison: 84% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 16% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: het stuk sloot goed aan bij een wereld die net de naderelen van de lopende band had ontdekt en was een geweldig succes de mens prijst zichzelf uit de markt en wordt dus zoveel mogelijk vervangen Toch is er van bovenstaand scenario geen woord overdreven. Ze laten de patenten op de juiste manier achter zich; door beter te presteren mobiele robots voor binnenshuis en

Mistakes: het(Het), naderelen(nadelen), succes(succes.), de(De), vervangen(vervangen.), presteren(presteren.), mobiele(Mobiele)

Well done!

mage
Tue, 09-26-2006, 10:01 PM
lol, it's actually hard for me to type below 80wpm. I don't see how you guys are so slow.

ChaosK
Tue, 09-26-2006, 10:09 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8483/asfasfvd9.jpg

...Did you forget a period? is that your mistake with "Scene"?

mage
Tue, 09-26-2006, 10:18 PM
yes. .

Nai
Thu, 09-28-2006, 08:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Alceste/TypingTest.jpg

Yay.

Board of Command
Thu, 09-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Nai, you're supposed to use the Strategic Alliances test.

mage
Thu, 09-28-2006, 09:36 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8489/test1dn5.png

3 errors sucks but i regain the lead :o

Stoopider
Tue, 10-03-2006, 07:12 AM
Your score: 355 keys per minute ~ 71 words per minute
Comparison: 21% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 79% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: How in the world would e ever explain the situation to the burly brute when he awakened? Save energy: be apathetic. To have succeeded is to have finished one's businesss on eath, like the male spider, who is killed by the female the moment he has succeeeded in his courtship. Erlenmeyer did so, and the flatfoot who turned up, on sherlock Ohms, said the outrage looked like the work of an arch-criminal by the name of Lawrence Ium Peanuts are not really nuts. A central corporate headquarters decrees the form of all rites and practices. No part of this message may reproduce, store itself in a retrieval system, or transmit disease, in any form, without the permissiveness of the author. This is the kind of tool set professionals use. I met a girl at the rain

Mistakes: e(he), businesss(business), eath,(earth,), succeeeded(succeeded), on(one), sherlock(Sherlock), Ium(Ium.), rain(Rain)

------------

Had 86 for strategic Alliances. with 96% accuracy. My typings so so. But fast enough I reckon. I have this one friend who works for the commentary's for the deaf on ABC news. Her typing speed is only 60 odd words a minute.