PDA

View Full Version : TV: Heroes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Assassin
Mon, 09-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Just watched the premier of Heroes. I stumbled on to this show completely by accident about 80 seconds before it started, and i have to say im loving it. Its like X-men in real life, but more subtle. The first episode reminded me of Surface, i guess cuz of the indian doctor (evolutionary biologist or something?), and the mysterious man with the glasses. He seems to be a a governmnt agent or something, but its too early to say.

What's really intresting is the way all these people seem to be connected, like the cheerleader and the guy with the glasses, or the artist and the male nurse (and ofcourse, the nurse and the indian doctor). Also, it seems that the second episode is going to feature some catastrophic event, which is pretty intresting to see this early one.

Anyway, heres the official site (http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/) for those who are intrested. And for those who are lazy, the show is basically about a handful of individuals who notice they have certain abilities (being able to fly, controlling space/time, invulnerability, seeing the future etc), and its implied that these individuals are the next step in human evolution. Like i said, its sorta like x-men, in real life.

So, who else saw the show, and what were your impressions. Im especiall intrested to know what you guys think of that stripper mom. A very intresting power indeed.

Munsu
Mon, 09-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I was expecting much better, the pilot itself didn't say much to me. As of now, I'll preffer watching Vanished or Runaway with all it's cheesiness. Hopefully the execution in the coming episodes improves substantially.

Zinobi
Tue, 09-26-2006, 07:21 PM
I missed the premiere due to feeling sick and falling asleep before. I am currently looking for a download of it.

Munsu
Tue, 09-26-2006, 07:45 PM
http://www.bt-chat.com/?mode=details&info_hash=d56297f8e7f6a9f57f56d63ff3f7f81546207922

Zinobi
Tue, 09-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks Bud. Although it seems that that torrent was deleted. I'll just wait til its encore at 8.

Knives122
Tue, 09-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Well I only saw like the last 15 min. of this(didn't bother watching the encore tonight), and it looked like the only interesting person to watch is the girl with the healing factor.

Zinobi
Tue, 09-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Okay just finished the first episode (pilot) and I must say that it is awesome. I am probably gonna be addicted to this series for some time.

rockmanj
Wed, 09-27-2006, 12:39 AM
it did seem pretty interesting...probably the only nbc show i want to watch.

darkmetal505
Fri, 09-29-2006, 10:24 PM
I think they might have rushed the first episode too much like they had to get all the preliminary stuff out there. Interesting theory though. I wonder what kind of power the hot mom has.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 09-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Apparently going psycho when you look in a mirror is a superpower. She blacks out, and when she wakwes up she finds that she's killed two bad guys. That's some heroics.

Yukimura
Sat, 09-30-2006, 10:59 AM
I also thought the delivery was a bit weak on this one. It reminds me of Surface in the way it's trying to tie lots of people to some event or circumstance that's not fully fleshed out, withs some shady evil group trying to be evil.

In fact, it reminds me so much of Surface I'm wondering why they would drop Surface for this, when the Surface premier was more engaging than this one. And if people didn't like Surface why would they like a Surface clone based on X-Men.

Mizuchi
Sun, 10-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I am definately going to be addicted to this show for a while.

Just the idea of it is so cool. Xmen is more of a nonrealistic type of movie, where people dress up in costumes and have somewhat unrealistic abilities. I'm not saying that it isn't entertaining, It's just not as realistic.

Heroes is actually something that could very well happen in real life, and is more of something you can relate to. Now, I'm not saying that it's possible to jump off a cliff and survive, I'm just saying that the idea of the show is more realistic and appealing than most shows, and I cannot wait tell episode two premieres.

mage
Sun, 10-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I turned this show off when the indian looking teacher said "It is said we only use 10% of our brains." Stupid shit.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-01-2006, 11:04 PM
I am definately going to be addicted to this show for a while.

Just the idea of it is so cool. Xmen is more of a nonrealistic type of movie, where people dress up in costumes and have somewhat unrealistic abilities. I'm not saying that it isn't entertaining, It's just not as realistic.

Heroes is actually something that could very well happen in real life, and is more of something you can relate to. Now, I'm not saying that it's possible to jump off a cliff and survive, I'm just saying that the idea of the show is more realistic and appealing than most shows, and I cannot wait tell episode two premieres.

Relateable maybe, but only b/c it's an NBC/Universal show, and they're basically cut from a formula and you just add a source of conflict, much like the WB does with teen shows.

Also the only difference between this and X-Men is the level of mutant development when the story begins. I would imagine the X-Men universe was much like the Heroes universe when Charles Xavier was younger. With people like Xavier and Magnus trying to understand and help mutants and people like Striker trying to eliminate/control them.

EDIT: Thanks whoever deleted the dbl post, sorry about that.

Genma
Mon, 10-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Ditching the costumes makes this series seem more realistic? I see people walking around in costumes all the time! (Even when it's not halloween; I live in a weird area).

As for the episode I watched of this show: I hated it. I guess that's to be expected, though, since movie theaters and commercials fed the same teaser to me over, and over, and over again. "I walked through fire and didn't get burned..." Everytime I hear that shit, I not only cringe for the utterly horrible acting, but I can't help but wonder: "Good. You want a cookie or trophy for that?"

They advertised it so much in my area that I'll probably never bother watching it again.

Mizuchi
Mon, 10-02-2006, 07:04 PM
I live in a weird area

I hated it.

Everytime I hear that shit, I not only cringe for the utterly horrible acting

"Good. You want a cookie or trophy for that?"

Try watching the show when you aren't depressed or cutting your wrists.

Genma
Mon, 10-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Try watching the show when you aren't depressed or cutting your wrists.

Okay, apparently living in a weird area and having a dislike for bad acting makes me a suicidal, depressed person. 10 points for Mizuchi for figuring that out!

Mizuchi
Mon, 10-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Okay, apparently living in a weird area and having a dislike for bad acting makes me a suicidal, depressed person. 10 points for Mizuchi for figuring that out!

My apologies, I didn't know Genma's acting standards are broadway level.

Munsu
Mon, 10-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Mizuchi shut the fuck up, you're so fucking dumb... You derail the thread one more time you're taking a permanent vacation from the forums.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 10-03-2006, 02:16 AM
Getting back on track, I watched the second episode tonight. It was much better than the first.

A few new characters were introduced. Mohinder met his dead father's neighbor. She has no superpowers from what I can tell, but she's clever. The other new character was the mind reading cop, Parker. We learn something about a serial killer (maybe Petrelli) who's taking peoples' brains.

I loved the twist ending with Hiro.

Munsu
Tue, 10-03-2006, 03:24 AM
Yeah, I have to agree that the second episode was much better. And from what we can see, the Serial Killer is probably hunting them all down, all the way up to the disaster that the artist is predicting.

So, it seems like the disaster will take place in 5 weeks.

Mizuchi
Tue, 10-03-2006, 04:27 PM
When/where do you watch the show? I see it on Sci-Fi on fridays at 7, but I'm assuming theres an earlier time?

samsonlonghair
Tue, 10-03-2006, 04:30 PM
NBC Monday nights at nine Eastern Standard Time.
Here's (http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/) the official site by the way.

Zinobi
Tue, 10-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Second episode was definately much better than the first. Especially the ending.
I watch it on NBC at 9 Pacifc.

Assassin
Tue, 10-03-2006, 08:50 PM
ya, ep 2 was awesome. the ending definately ruled. i wanna know what the deal is with this serial killer. it seems like hes a psychotic version of iceman. like iceman + hannibal lector. Also, the circumstances surrounding the stripper mom are pretty intresting. she blacks out and suddenly has a new car, and knows about some buried skeletons in the desert.

Btw, when hiro goes to see the artist, is that the artists body on the floor or someone random person?

mage
Tue, 10-03-2006, 08:52 PM
it's the artist.

Zinobi
Wed, 10-04-2006, 01:17 AM
Yes, I am pretty sure that it is the artist.

I was curious about the cop. Was he 5 weeks in advance like Hiro or not? I thought he was because I didn't see any "present day" or something like that before it showed his scene. And also the fact that the serial killer had apparently struck there too.

Assassin
Wed, 10-04-2006, 09:54 AM
ya he probably was shown in the future, though maybe not the full 5 weeks.

I wonder how the serial killer is able to find all these peoples, since he seems to be hunting the ones with powers.

Yukimura
Wed, 10-04-2006, 10:27 AM
The 2nd ep was far better than the first. But the question of whether the cop was from the 'present' or not really bugs me. I deleted the ep already but I vaguely remember that the cop wasn't in New York, if this is the case then how could the serial killer have struck both where the cop was and in NY at around the same time. My theory is that only the scenes with Hiro were in the future and everything else was happening concurrently.

@Assassin: If the killer is the guy that called Mohinder's dad he might know the genetic tracking method that the father created. Or even easier, he might just have Mohinder's dad's notes.

Munsu
Wed, 10-04-2006, 10:29 AM
I agree with Yukimura. The cop was surely in the present and not in the future.

darkmetal505
Wed, 10-04-2006, 05:42 PM
The story around Mohinder was progressing too quickly, but now time moves back. The stripper mom's power is demension bending with a second identity? There are still too many variables to draw conclusions.

Zinobi
Wed, 10-04-2006, 07:06 PM
@Yukimura I think that the cop is in NJ. But if the cutting off the tops of heads starts in the present then the last guy to be killed is the Artist right?

Assassin
Wed, 10-04-2006, 10:00 PM
well not necessarily i guess. he doesn't have to have killed them all in 5 weeks, although that's probably gonna be the case (or was the case rather).

Zinobi
Tue, 10-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Ok the third episode does define that the cop is in present time and that he now knows who the killer is. I for one think that the killer is some sort of demon, not literally, but a very demonic person. The stories of everyone and their powers seem to be progressing and their powers are growing. This ending was another great one and the preview afterwards was great.

Assassin
Tue, 10-10-2006, 04:06 PM
definately another great episode. We finally get to see who sylar is. Apparently he has psychic/telekenitic powers. We also get some more info about the stripper mom and her husband. Im still no sure what her power is exactly. But thinking about what her husband did (the murders and all), its possible that it was infact ger alter ego that killed the guys and the husband was blamed.

The flying guys story isn't all that intresting thus far, but hiro and the cheerleader are going pretty good. Also the last scene was awesome.

Btw, what did the preview show? It wasn't included in the torrent.

Necromas
Tue, 10-10-2006, 04:37 PM
FYI you can watch the last episode that aired online at http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/?show=heroes

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Tue, 10-10-2006, 05:06 PM
definately another great episode. We finally get to see who sylar is. Apparently he has psychic/telekenitic powers. We also get some more info about the stripper mom and her husband. Im still no sure what her power is exactly. But thinking about what her husband did (the murders and all), its possible that it was infact ger alter ego that killed the guys and the husband was blamed.

The flying guys story isn't all that intresting thus far, but hiro and the cheerleader are going pretty good. Also the last scene was awesome.

Btw, what did the preview show? It wasn't included in the torrent.

Yeah now that you mentioned it she probably did kill the guys that were a part of her husbands gang. The thing is how long did she have those powers? From what I understand the murders happened a few months ago, why is she just finding out about her alter ego now?

darkmetal505
Tue, 10-10-2006, 08:53 PM
The only complaint I had about the episode was the forced acting during the "im mad, so I'm going to chuck the laptop to the ground. Wow how convenient, a book leading to Syler"

The ending was exactly what the girl was going to say, "Holy Shit!"

Assassin
Tue, 10-10-2006, 09:23 PM
ya that part was kinda off. I've noticed that when hes acting with that neighbour girl, hes not as good as he usually is.

Ok, after rewatching the episode, i have a question.

If this is sylar
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5641/whitesylarjd7.th.jpg (http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whitesylarjd7.jpg)

Then who's this guy?
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2895/blacksylarpu5.th.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blacksylarpu5.jpg)

At first i thought they were the same person since the first image was only flashed on screen in the dark. But they're obviously 2 different people. Does sylar maybe have an accomplice? The black guy also seems to by psychic cuz he was able to block off his thoughts from the cop....or maybe he nulified the cops power or something. In any case, we now have 2 mysterious figures with (what seem to be) psychic powers.

rockmanj
Tue, 10-10-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm thinking the 2nd guy may be the Chick with the alter ego's husband. I think he probably has powers too, since his son was saying that there is no way the police can catch him. Maybe he knows that his dad has abilities.

Knives122
Mon, 10-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Looks like Heroes has managed to add another show to this one: DBZ

We now have Future Hiro who just happens to look like this almost:
http://www.excelsis.com/1.0/pics/trunks.jpg
Yes, he even has the sword.

Zinobi
Tue, 10-17-2006, 12:03 AM
hah nice Knives youre right =P
This episode was good, though somewhat uneventful. The biggest thing i got from it is that the mom with an alternate personality thing is a lot like the Hulk, just without changing form into something like a big monster.

nests
Tue, 10-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Man knives thats exatly what I thought. this show is great the only tv I actually watch the hall day that is not anime or wrestlnig, than again it got my attention because its so anime like.

Munsu
Tue, 10-17-2006, 09:47 AM
I wonder why in the last scene with Nathan, that dude referred to him as "The One". Also, do you guys think that all these Heroes possess the same powers as the others, and are just manifesting different powers in their beginning developing stages? It just makes me wonder what's the deal with Peter having dreams of the future and that drawing he did in the hospital. If not having the same powers, maybe they possess the potential to develop all of them?

rockmanj
Tue, 10-17-2006, 11:47 AM
I wonder why in the last scene with Nathan, that dude referred to him as "The One". Also, do you guys think that all these Heroes possess the same powers as the others, and are just manifesting different powers in their beginning developing stages? It just makes me wonder what's the deal with Peter having dreams of the future and that drawing he did in the hospital. If not having the same powers, maybe they possess the potential to develop all of them?

I think peter's power is that he can mimic the powers of others around him, like because he could only fly near his brother, and he could use Issac's power's after being around him (which is strange, because issac needs heroin to activate his). But yea, future Hiro looked like a badass and all, but i wonder how he learned perfect english??

Munsu
Tue, 10-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah, mimic may be a plausible explanation... they are even hinting at it with the show saying "he needs to be around other special people..." Still, it doesn't really explain his dreams about the future, he didn't meet the artist till afterwards. Unless it had something to do with his dad, who might have been a "Hero" also... Or maybe the mother.

Assassin
Tue, 10-17-2006, 02:36 PM
At the end when the guy refers to him as "The One" i think he just meant "take the one, and not the other". Not "the one" in a matrix sense or anything. But that makes me wonder, why only one. They both have powers, and different powers. In addition. he the glases guy just says "take the one" but doesn't specify which one.

Anyway, this ep was really good. each episode is better then the last with this show. Clair turns into a killer, Niki turns into psycho hooker, and hiro goes samurai. I wonder how far into the future the new hiro is from. and whats his message.

Btw, when did peter use isaac's power? i dont remember that happening. The little sketch he drew in the hospital was of him flying after his accident, so thats not really seeing the future.

Munsu
Tue, 10-17-2006, 02:43 PM
His drawing was exactly how he flew later with his brother... it wasn't portraying his earlier effort.

Knives122
Tue, 10-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Huh, I just went to wikipedia and what do you know: Peter's power is [Spoilers Removed]

People, spoiling rules still apply to this forum, and revealing information that hasn't been shown on the show because you read it in an information site like wikipedia it's considered spoiling.
Budweineken

Yukimura
Tue, 10-17-2006, 09:21 PM
That was some bull! If I hadn't spoiled myself by reading this thread before heand Hiro's massive cliff hanger would have probably sent me into convulsions. However now I think I'll officially pick this show up and watch it faithfully, since people are actually doing something instead of tooling around like idiots.

One thing I'm noticing about this show however is that several of the charachters elicit intense hatred from me, namely Simone, the evil guy. and the evil guy's minion. Obviously evil people are supposed to be hated, but these two are just chock full of evil to the point it makes me sick. Simone is just a basic shitty femae archetype, and I hope she never gets developed into a person with powers or anyhing so she can be written out of the show promptly.

Stoopider
Sun, 10-22-2006, 09:46 PM
His drawing was exactly how he flew later with his brother... it wasn't portraying his earlier effort.

He visited the artist first didn't he?

He visited the artist, and saw a picture of him flying. Then he attempted to fly and fell. Only while he was at the hospital he drew pictures of the future.

Maybe there would be a time limit as to how long he would inherit the powers of others. 24 hours probably?

----------------------

Btw, I wonder whats Cyler's power. I think he has the power of telekinesis. He can fly, and he could make the FBI nearly shoot herself. Controlling other people's actions. As to how he froze the guy, and ate out his brains, was using molecular deceleration. If you slow down atoms and particles, it gets colder.

In theory, he would be able to speed up molecules till atoms split, and cause the New York explosion. Unless the New York case was some terrorist attack.

Interesting theory no?

----------------

And finally, I'm quite dissapointed about the Mom's powers though. She's just a psychochick. I thought it was the mirror image killing powers. Where her mirror image murders the opponents mirror image, and it manifests into reality. Or the mirror image steps out, and she takes a step into the mirror and let her alter ego take over. :P

iLoveHotCoCo
Mon, 10-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Well we learned a lot in this ep. didnt we.. Everyone is starting to get together and others are learning about their powers and whatnot.. Peter's power is cool and I think he'll play a big role in the future.. Anyways.. Hiro is still hilarious as always.. and whats with that weird sign.. ya know the squiggly line thing, its been popping up everywhere.. I dont know its just been bothering me since I just cant contemplate any significance it may have -_-

Zati
Tue, 10-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Excellent episode with great character development. Heroes are getting closer together and Hiro talking with the picture guy, Peter finding Hiro and giving him the message. Get to see Peter flying and his powers.

nests
Tue, 10-24-2006, 01:58 AM
Wow was Micahs (Niki's son) dad the same guy thats with Mr. Bennet. you the one who has been erasing peoples memmories

Munsu
Tue, 10-24-2006, 02:23 AM
No... they are different people, they look different. By the looks of it D.L. has the power to go through walls or some shit according to the previews.

Stoopider
Tue, 10-24-2006, 04:49 AM
Damn. I'm waiting for the bloody torrent!

Munsu
Tue, 10-24-2006, 05:11 AM
Waiting for it to download, or waiting for the torrent itself?

It's been out for quite a while if you're still waiting for it:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/464245

Stoopider
Tue, 10-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Thank Bud! Strange.. Don't know why I couldn't find it on mininova.

Assassin
Tue, 10-24-2006, 04:15 PM
and whats with that weird sign.. ya know the squiggly line thing, its been popping up everywhere.. I dont know its just been bothering me since I just cant contemplate any significance it may have -_-

That symbol is a pattern that shows up in the code mohinders dad wrote. trying to find patient zero and others with special powers. Go back a few eps, when mohinder and the girl are using his dads laptop. Its rite before he finds goes to sylar's place i think.

Anyway, another great ep. alot of character development in this one. though we still have no idea how the glasses guy fits into all this. Is he working for the government, some corporation, for sylar?

Zinobi
Tue, 10-24-2006, 05:13 PM
I think the glasses guy (the cheerleaders step-dad) is working with Sylar, for what Sylar and him feel are right. They feel that the people with powers are a threat to humanity. So in the sacrifince of the people of New York, since it seems that that is going to be the place they will all gather, glasses guy and Sylar will detonate that bomb to get rid of the "threat". That is just a guess though.

Stoopider
Tue, 10-24-2006, 09:02 PM
I reckon the guy in the glasses might not be working at all with Sylar. If not they should have killed off the policeman. I think he either might be independent or woking with the government to identify the people. In fact, I think he enhanced the powers of the police dude. He seems to be hearing everyone's voices.

Sylar to me seems like a independent killer. Some psycho religious nutjob who he thinks he's been given powers by God to cleanse all other evils in this world.

As to the bomb. It might not even be Sylar's doing. Rather some terrorist.

SamuraiOdin
Tue, 10-31-2006, 12:28 AM
Maybe it's because I was ill while watching it, but I definately felt that this past episode (10/30/06), was the worst one yet this season. While it did have a decent amount of character development for some of the characters, there just wasn't enough of the "Mutants" that I find most interesting.

Stoopider
Tue, 10-31-2006, 01:22 AM
It came out? Hurray Downloading now.

Zati
Tue, 10-31-2006, 01:36 AM
Not much happening this episode just some character development. Main story was about Niki and her revealing other half to DL.

nests
Tue, 10-31-2006, 01:48 AM
I knew there was going to be a confrontation between DL and Niki but I did not expected Niki to get the worse part. Damn I wonder if she really is gone

Knives122
Tue, 10-31-2006, 12:11 PM
That fight between Nikki and DL was pretty much a "Hulk vs. Shadowcat" match up. SC might be able to temp. knock the hulk out, but once he got back up it'd be "Hulk smash" everything.

I am however aware of the size of the hulk and the size of nikki, but it's pretty much the same thing....

iLoveHotCoCo
Tue, 10-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Yea I so thought that Niki was gunna kick DL's ass but I guess not =/ but I dont think thats the end of her.
So.. If both DL and Niki are mutant/evolved/"hero" people, does that mean that Micha has powers too?! Because of genetics and junk.. Or is like his super smartness his power because thats kind of a lame power (compared to the others) if you ask me.
Anyways the next episode looks like its gunna be good =)

Stoopider
Tue, 10-31-2006, 07:01 PM
Hmm. If Niki kicks DL's ass, he'll be having 2 asses.

I don't think Niki's dead. Don't think DL has the heart to heart her :p. It seems Niki's a badguy all along. I somehow thought so. Not surprising. Though I would prefer if she's just not some dual-split personality syndrome hulk crap. I really wish her alternate ego would step out of the mirror when she wants to and go tearing down the house.

Yukimura
Tue, 10-31-2006, 09:19 PM
I definitely didn't see the white chick that Mohinder was palling around with as being in cahoots with the cheerleaders dad. But I'm also very curious as to what his agenda is. His reaction to her message about 'the cheerleader' was either 'Oh shit I'm caught' or 'Oh shit someone's coming for my daughter...must destroy their minds'

On another note...Niki and DL. As much as I like Niki, especially her alter ego (Nicole as I've dubbed her). I'm impressed that DL was also made a mutant and with a pretty nifty power. I hope she manages to pull through but it's hard to root against DL since he seems like a pretty decent guy who got screwed over by a pretty white chick.

Assassin
Tue, 10-31-2006, 09:40 PM
i really hope niki's dead. her character just doesn't fit in with the series, and this would be a perfect time to replace her with DL.

As for mohinders girl, that was a complete surprise. makes you wonder how much power and influence the glasses guy has. speaking of influence, the girls biological parents, they were also actors rite? or is that just my imagination?

Knives122
Tue, 10-31-2006, 09:43 PM
They didn't really say it all that well, but yeah they were'nt her real parents.

Stoopider
Wed, 11-01-2006, 02:39 AM
i really hope niki's dead. her character just doesn't fit in with the series, and this would be a perfect time to replace her with DL.

I disagree. I like Niki. Kinda like te wildcard in the picture. Extra firepower if you would like. But I guess thats the premise of this show, in reality there's no real badguys or goodguys, some of the badguys are misunderstood or just screwed up in their own way.

Niki truly loves DL, and wants him back, but her alter ego doesn't. Bit screwed up, but see where she takes the story to.

Jadugar
Wed, 11-01-2006, 10:56 AM

They cant kill Niki.

“Save the cheer leader, save the world.”

I wonder why is she so important?

As for Mohinder's girl, that was a complete surprise. makes you wonder how much power and influence the glasses guy has. speaking of influence, the girls biological parents, they were also actors rite? or is that just my imagination?

I knew Mohinder’s girl (Eden) was up to something. Ever since Mohinder came to his father’s apartment, she was “bending over backwards” to help him out but her connection with the glasses guy ( Bennet ) was a surprise.

P.S Hiro Nakamura is the best character.

Stoopider
Wed, 11-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Her immortal regeneration is definintely part of something.. maybe a biological weapon?

SamuraiOdin
Wed, 11-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Maybe it's not her power, but the fact that she's a mutant that's "related" to glasses-guy.

nests
Wed, 11-01-2006, 08:20 PM
I like Niki but I wouldnt mind if they did kil her off since they did it in a cool way. Eden been one of the bad ones totally cuagth me by surprice, It makes me wonder if she too is a mutant.

Does anyone else think that Bennet is Sayla?

Winged Dancer
Thu, 11-02-2006, 06:18 PM
I just started watching this show, downloading it via BitComet since it'll be years until it's dubbed and aired here in Mexico.

Anyway, I'm up to episode four (I'll try to watch 5 and 6 tonight) and I'm liking it so far... it hasn't been as mind-blowing as other shows but it's good enough.

And you just can't beat Hiro. He's so giddy he could be anime and nobody would notice.

Well, back to see if a torent for ep. 6 is up somewhere...

Stoopider
Thu, 11-02-2006, 09:07 PM
No. Cyler is some unknown character not yet shown.. I have a spoiler as to who the actor is. :p

I actually thought Eden was Cyler at first, I knew she was up to something.

Jadugar
Fri, 11-03-2006, 07:19 PM
And you just can't beat Hiro. He's so giddy he could be anime and nobody would notice.

He is the best character in the whole show and has the coolest super hero ability. He even has his own comic book. What more does he want? Well the future Hiro has a sword too….

Yukimura
Tue, 11-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Another interesting episode. Peter's brother's take on the benefits of flight were very interesting since they made so much sense. He's not going to embrace his ability since it serves no useful purpose to him. However the sketchy call between him and Linderman has me confused. If he wasn't going to get Peter a chance to see the painting why would he call at all...

Micah finally revealed a power, though as I suspected parents with powers don't pass anything onto their kids other than the 'gift' of some type of ability...just like in X-Men. Jessica aka Evil Niki is certainly on the ball with her gun and apparent full control over the body and I like how she's completely separate from NIki instead of being another side of her.

A bit of humor...

On October 2, 2006, Emerson Electric Company, an appliance market competitor of NBC's owner General Electric, filed suit in federal court against NBC. The suit was regarding a scene that appeared in "Genesis" (the pilot episode) which depicted Claire Bennet reaching into an active garbage disposal unit — apparently Emerson's In-Sink-Erator — to retrieve a ring, and severely injuring her hand in the process. Emerson suit claims the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting that serious injuries will result "in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

Emerson is asking for a ruling barring future broadcasts of the pilot, which is available on NBC's website and has already aired on NBC Universal-owned cable networks USA and Sci Fi. It also seeks to block NBC from using any Emerson trademarks in the future.

So basicaly you can't depict something as obvious as "Sticking you hand into a garbage disposal will fuck your hand up" without getting sued for slander......

iLoveHotCoCo
Tue, 11-07-2006, 03:08 PM
So how about that radioactive guy that can burn stuff? That's such a cool power. Me thinks that he might have something to do with NYC going BOOM!! since they kinda hinted at it when he was talking/yelling at the cop guy..
Anyways Micah's power is interesting, a lot different than his parents powers. I wonder what role he will play in the whole saving of the world and all because as of lately I don't really see what Niki/Micah/DL story has anything to do with everything else that's going on..
Next week's episode looks exciting can't wait =]

Winged Dancer
Tue, 11-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah, Micah confirms that powers are, just like in X-Men, non-hereditary. He just gets power, what powers he gets is randomly decided by, uh, genetic, I guess.

I'm more interested in the little marks they are all getting on the back. Maybe they're somehow connected to their powers, or was a left-over from being captured by Mr. Bennet (whatever his name was).

Even if Nikki's story doesn't really have to do anything with the rest of the plot, I like it. You have to have a soft spot for a mother who strips on the internet. Besides, it'll be interesting to see how she evolves through the series - right now she's depending too much on Jessica (hahahahah, Jessica), she will have to reach an agreement with her or else she will be forever lost in her dark side.

It was also pretty neat how Micah realized it wasn't her mother speaking... smart kid.

@Jadugar - Yeah, powers over time and space along with a black trenchcoat and a katana. Oh, and a beard! And the amazing ability to speak correct English!

Anyone else has visited the official site? You can read a weekly blog-post by none other than Hiro himself. He basically rambles about what happened in the show, but he's such a geek about it... he even wrote down his future self's Dungeons & Dragons Character Sheet.
And he's so Japanese \@o@/ Yay Hiro! >^o^<

Yukimura
Tue, 11-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Niki/Jessica seems like a wild card and/or eye candy. She's pretty much the token hot girl so I doubt she'll be adding much to the story other than her link to DL and Micah, both of whom have powers that might prove useful in an organized group of mutants.

Stoopider
Tue, 11-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Kinda cool episode. Liked the radioactive dude. Yeah, I think it would be the death of him that cause him to go nuclear in New York. Probably either killed by Syler or just went into depression and wanted to end it all. Just appealed to me, that the radioactive guy, his wife died of cancer. Probably due to him himself, radiation causes cancer. He killed her slowly.

The mark on the policeman is the same as on the radioactive guy. I think what Bennet and his black friend does, is that they unlock people's powers. Probably to study them. We still don't know his motives, most likely he's part of the government to study them. Probably in later seasons to keep them in check.

Where I am interested in what Micah's powers really is over technology? Kinda like Forge from X-Men where if he starts thinking of things, he can really invent them, I wonder what Nathan Petrelli's kids will do as well. So Peter is heading to Vegas as well it seems now. I wonder who this LInderman is and why he wants the picture. Might be a picture of how Nathan dies.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 11-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Niki/Jessica seems like a wild card and/or eye candy. She's pretty much the token hot girl so I doubt she'll be adding much to the story other than her link to DL and Micah, both of whom have powers that might prove useful in an organized group of mutants.

...you really mean it about Niki being hot? Really really?
...I'll never understand men. I would've thought Claire way prettier.

Buuuut anyway, yeah, both DL and Micah have much more useful powers, or at least it seems like that so far. Niki's "power" (I'd like to call it schizophrenia) consists on being super-strong and super-vicious, but gives her no other advantage, really.

...unless it also gives her some sort of super-resistance, too. She resisted DL's attack and was probably shot at when she killed the pokar-cowboys, so maybe there's a little extra there.

Oh, BTW
http://blog.nbc.com/hiro_blog/
Hiro's blog! \(^o^)/

Also, am I the only one that really wants to see the future version of everyone else?

iLoveHotCoCo
Wed, 11-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Hiro's blog is so cute.. I love how he wrote down his "stats", he's so funny "I'd choose a
katana. I wonder if it's magical. +4 to dexterity?" lol
And yea I always wondered what they all looked like in the future.. I mean look at Hiro.. He looks soo cool, so I figure everyone must have some awesome matrix-looking attire.. But it would kinda look weird if they all had similar clothing.. Well they already hinted what Peter might look like.. kinda.. They said he had a scar [probably on his face] so I bet he'll look more ruff and rugged..

Jadugar
Thu, 11-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Hiro's blog is so cute..

Ando-kun
Hiro hits Ando-kun for 53 damage. 19 blocked.

…….

Hiro (Future)

STR: 14 (I'm going to have to work out more to get this)
DEX: 18 (with +4 modifier) (ditto as above)
CON: 12
INT: 18 (I can use magic)
WIS: 17 (I survive till the future so I have to be wise (^o^))
CHA: 15
Race: Human (Japanese)
Alignment: Lawful Good
AC: -1 (I would think that I would be wearing lighter gear, but get AC
dexterity bonus)
Class: Kensei

CONFIRMED.

Narasho
Thu, 11-09-2006, 04:21 PM

Personally, I think Nikki is ugly. Claire is cute, though she is kind of young.

Jadugar
Sat, 11-11-2006, 05:49 PM

Personally, I think Nikki is ugly. Claire is cute, though she is kind of young.

Us men would like Niki to be our Girlfriend and Claire (is she old enough) to be our faithful wife, not at the same time of course. It is that simple. :D

Yukimura
Sat, 11-11-2006, 06:34 PM

No, I don't think you ever will understand men, It's not in the cards for women to ever do something like that. Anyway, IMO much of Niki's hotness and Claires lack of hotness (to me) come from attitude. Claire is a whiny little brat and I wouldn't want to spend more than 5 minutes in her presence (the feeling would be mutual if her relationship to Zach, the intellectual whore, is any indication). Niki on the other hand is determined and driven to take care of herself and her kid. She takes action instead of just crying about her shitty situation, and of course there's Jessica who uses Niki's own determination just without morality or inhibitions.

Stoopider
Sat, 11-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Nikki's Hot. Claire's Hot. Both are hot. Nikki's MILF hot. Claire's young and innocent hot. I like both.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 11-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Wow, my comment on Nikki's hotness awarded me reputation! Good and bad, too. Funniest bad reputation I've ever received!

Anyway, I guess I understand what Yukimura said. Nikki is much stronger than Claire, at least so far - she's come to terms with her power and asked Jesssica for help when she could've stayed crying alone. Now she has to conquer her dark personality, though - if she doesn't tame Jessica then she'll just take over.

Anyway, so how about this monday's episode? I have to say I wasn't really liking the waitress, whatshername? But when she was killed it was... rather gruesome, even if the only thing you see is blood trickling down her forehead.

And now Hiro is gone! Noooo Hiro you have to live and get a sword! I was really expecting him to be back when Ando finished counting, and the world around them to be changed... now I can't wait for Monday again.

mage
Thu, 11-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Am I the only one that liked the country waitress? Everyone else seems to hate her.

Stoopider
Thu, 11-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Quite sad she's dead instantly though. Created the character just to kill her off to get Hiro's attention that their fighting a bad guy, and that the battle is real.

Don't think Hiro's dead or anything. Maybe tied down. Or we'll learn something more about his powers.

iLoveHotCoCo
Thu, 11-16-2006, 10:38 PM
I liked the waitress.. I wish I had the power to remember EVERYTHING..
Soo... How about Bennet? He seems like a good guy, but with his own agenda of course.. With random 'Heroes' at his every becking call, I wonder what he's really up to.
I think Hiro made a boo boo when he went back in time.. Maybe he got all excited and went back too far because he was seen in the photo of the waitress's party, and well didn't she say that her birthday was like a month ago or something?

mage
Fri, 11-17-2006, 12:02 AM
I was under the impression that he went back and started dating her.

FrogKing
Fri, 11-17-2006, 12:56 AM
He didn't look too happy in that picture if he was dating her; unless they had gotten into a fight or something. Although, it was hard to see the expression on his face from that photo. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Winged Dancer
Fri, 11-17-2006, 09:32 AM
I think the expression in his photo is just random confused Japanese.

But I agree that he went back in time to date her and will end up changing things in the future - he'll probably be back trough the front door and scare poor Ando. He'll probably be able to talk perfect english! Which on one hand is cool because his Japanese pronunciation isn't the best while on the other hand his Japanese is too much of a trademark.

Something funny.... visit Hiro's blog. There's a link in the page before this one... it's gone! So that goes to show that yeah, whatever Hiro is doing he's really changing the future.

darkmetal505
Mon, 11-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Too much new development and no concrete answers. So that killer guy wasn't really Sylar?

Claire looked hotter than usual.

Munsu
Mon, 11-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Too much new development and no concrete answers. So that killer guy wasn't really Sylar?

Claire looked hotter than usual.

Killer guy wasn't really Sylar? What are you talking about and who are you reffering to?

Yukimura
Mon, 11-20-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that was Syler, I mean...he definately demonstrated Syler's abilities. I just hope Eden can control him however since he's so powerful, but also b/c he can't stay the sole antagonist forever if the show expects to progress.

In other news...Jessica only paid $2,000 for a brand new military spec sniper rifle...that's bullshit. That thing should have been worth at least 10-20k if not more, but such is television.

darkmetal505
Mon, 11-20-2006, 11:07 PM
On the next episode preview, the very last part, it showed a guy with glasses saying "I'm Sylar". Or maybe I heard wrong.

High Wind
Tue, 11-21-2006, 02:02 AM
I'm pretty sure the episode preview was referring to the fact that the next episode is most likely going feature the "origins" of a majority of the powered characters, including Sylar. So the person you saw in the preview is most likely the Sylar of the past.

Also, I don't think DL is dead. Since he feels threatened in that one scene wouldn't it make sense to keep his "Phasing" power on and just have the bullet phase right through his body?

Edit:

Best powers.

1st - Hiro Nakamura [Manipulation of the Space/Time Continuum]
2nd - Eden [Mental Influence and/or Mind control]
3rd - Claire Bennet [Healing Factor]

Stoopider
Tue, 11-21-2006, 09:43 AM
I think they caught Sylar. So, the painting did became true after all. A cheerleader did die, just that it's not really her. ANd Peter Petrelli did got busted up. Does this mean they never changed the future after all?

Munsu
Tue, 11-21-2006, 10:18 AM
On the next episode preview, the very last part, it showed a guy with glasses saying "I'm Sylar". Or maybe I heard wrong.
The person saying that wasn't the guy with glasses, it was the other person with his back to the camera.

@Stoopider

I guess the question would be, if Hiro from the future had not visited Peter... Would that painting with him all busted up still be painted?

Thi3f
Tue, 11-21-2006, 10:26 AM

Winged Dancer
Tue, 11-21-2006, 10:42 AM
I agree. This chapter needed more Hiro, but it was still pretty good, I enjoyed it more than the last one. And Peter's ability is finally clear.... lol, Nathan is so going to lose after his brother is caught full of blood.

And Claire was the queen of the nerds, the geeks and the emo. I just loved it when she punched that other girl... whose death was pretty gruesome. Eden's power is cool, too. I wonder what would happen if she tried to control Peter - would it work? Would he be able to control her? And why doesn't she just control Mr. Bennet?

Er, can anyone explain me what homecoming is? We don't have that kind of thing in our highschools and I just don't understand the whole deal about it.

Now I can't wait for next monday, which will bring way more Hiro. I hope.

Munsu
Tue, 11-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Homecoming:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homecoming

Knives122
Tue, 11-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Gah, I hate homecoming, it's so stupid.

Anywho, we got out first example in the show of what would happen when an upstoppalbe force(Sylar) meets the unmovable object(peter).

The only person I'm not liking in this show right now is Nathan, he seems alot like Ironman(who right now in the comics is the biggest douche since Doom). Hopefully he'll get his ass kicked.

Winged Dancer
Tue, 11-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Ah, so that's homecoming. Thanks for the link, Budweineken! I never thought there'd be an entry for that... but Wikipedia, after all.

And yeah, I have mixed feelings about Nathan. On one hand he ruined the painting out of worry for his brother... on the other, he's a jerk and so far seems more worried about winning than about anything else.

Same applies to Mr. Bennet. Why is he searching for all the people who have special-abilities? Why would he capture uh, police guy who hears thoughts, or the radioactive guy, give them a little mark and then set them free? And yet he's kind with his daughter, even though he knows she has an "ability" too.

BTW, for some reason it irritates me when evertbody in India speaks perfect english. If they got two actors who speak Japanese, couldn't they have found five who were able to speak Hindi? It would do wonders for the show... the LOST universe, for instance, won a lot of points for having spisodes in which (nearly) everyone speaks Korean.

Jadugar
Tue, 11-21-2006, 03:24 PM
"Save the cheerleader, save the world."

Its becoming quite a catch phrase. Even Nathan is saying it.

@ Thi3f :

Jessica takes too much space in this series, she's fucking boring. Needs more Hiro and less Jessica!

I was hoping for the same thing. Maybe we will see him in the next episode doing his stuff.

@ Knives122 :

Gah, I hate homecoming, it's so stupid.

Anything you want to share with us.

Anywho, we got out first example in the show of what would happen when an upstoppalbe force(Sylar) meets the unmovable object(peter).

LOL. Why did he stop in the hallway? Was he going to jump Syler? He should have been discrete. Then he ran like a girl with Claire.

Claire was far away from him when he fixed his broken leg when the police arrived. His ability has a long range.

The only person I'm not liking in this show right now is Nathan, he seems alot like Ironman(who right now in the comics is the biggest douche since Doom). Hopefully he'll get his ass kicked.

Yeah, I would love to see Nathan’s ass kicked by Peter. It has to be Peter to make him realize that he needs to embrace his powers.

@ Winged Dancer :

And yeah, I have mixed feelings about Nathan. On one hand he ruined the painting out of worry for his brother... on the other, he's a jerk and so far seems more worried about winning than about anything else.

He is a total jerk all right but he is also practical. Even though he knows that, not only he can fly but also his brother in his presence, yet he refuses to believe anything that Peter says to him about paranormal. How many people can just lift in the air and fly like Superman? He is in denial but he will soon come around, I think.

Also, I want to add her wife to the hottest chicks list on this show.

No 1. Nathan’s Wife ( Amazing eyes )
No. 2. Claire ( she completely showed a different side to her character in this episode )
No. 3. Jessica ( just hawt )

Same applies to Mr. Bennet. Why is he searching for all the people who have special-abilities? Why would he capture uh, police guy who hears thoughts, or the radioactive guy, give them a little mark and then set them free? And yet he's kind with his daughter, even though he knows she has an "ability" too.

He might be tagging all the people with special abilities but his motives are still unknown. Just because Claire is, her daughter doesn’t mean that he is a good guy. There is something strange about him.

BTW, for some reason it irritates me when everybody in India speaks perfect english. If they got two actors who speak Japanese, couldn't they have found five who were able to speak Hindi? It would do wonders for the show... the LOST universe, for instance, won a lot of points for having spisodes in which (nearly) everyone speaks Korean.

All the people shown so far from India have been well educated. I am guessing here. Mahinder was teaching at University and I am assuming all his friends are from University and have had good education.

What was Eden looking to get out of Mohinder? If she has the ability to hypnotize, then why didnt she use that ability to persuade Mohinder to stay or whatever she wanted out of him?

Winged Dancer
Wed, 11-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Mohinder is starting to bore me. His angst was believable and nice back when he was a taxi driver in NY, but now he's just dragging it... all his existencial doubts could have been solved in an episode instead of interrupting two full shows. While I like shows with large casts, Heroes needs to learn to pace itself a little better....

...and give more time to Hiro. Yay!

BTW, there are some news regarding a newcomer... not another hero but almost!!!!!1
http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/11/18/george-takei-joins-cast-of-heroes/
George Takei, AKA Captain Sulu, joins the crew, and Hiro may just get another chance to show off his geekness.

(his diary has just been updated, too. Now with 100% more Dragon Ball references!)

mage
Wed, 11-22-2006, 12:38 AM
In other news...Jessica only paid $2,000 for a brand new military spec sniper rifle...that's bullshit. That thing should have been worth at least 10-20k if not more, but such is television.
Thieves (the guy probable stole it) usually sell very valuable items at any price they can get. Nobody would be walking around with 20k in their pocket.

Assassin
Wed, 11-22-2006, 01:50 AM
Claire was far away from him when he fixed his broken leg when the police arrived. His ability has a long range.

Either that or a long duration. Im leaning towards duration, since he told ando that he could absorb other peoples powers if they were close.

BTW, for some reason it irritates me when evertbody in India speaks perfect english. If they got two actors who speak Japanese, couldn't they have found five who were able to speak Hindi? It would do wonders for the show

Ya, thats been annoying me too. Its not even the perfect english, its the fact that they're speaking english to beging with. First of all its inconsistent since hiro and ando are speaking japanese, and second its unrealistic. Even if they have a good education as jadugar said, there no reason for them to be speaking a foriegn language amongst themselves. Hell, even the kid was speaking english.

Btw, does anyone else think that boy looks strangely feminine?

Anyway, im curious how the travelling back in time will effect the present. If hiro does manage to save the girls life, she can't exactly rise up out of her grave. Would there be some sort of instant change, where the current "present" cease to exist and we have a new timeline?

Munsu
Wed, 11-22-2006, 03:14 AM
There's no reason to be pissed off at the India scenes using English. English is widely spoken in India, in fact, many people from India can only communicate with each other through English, mainly because there are many different languages commonly used in India. In fact, I think English is an official language in India.

Also, India formed part of the British Empire for quite some time.

Stoopider
Wed, 11-22-2006, 06:15 AM
India used to be under British Rule or under the British Commonwealth gaining independence in the 40's, or is it 50's? With Gandhi and all.

Hence alot of other Commonwealth countries speak good English. Malaysia & Singapore is one for an example.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 11-22-2006, 08:51 AM
I hadn't thought of that. From that perspective, I guess it's comprehensible that they speak english... I still would like it better if they spoke in Hindi at least amongst the family, but ah well.

And no, the boy didn't look feminine to me. Nope. Big mustache. A girl with so much facial hair would be too scary. (actually, he did sort of look like a girl, but again... facial hair!)

And about the waitress, my guess is that Hiro just failed. Who knows how, but he did. Remember Ando asked the head waitress? She said that Hiro had disappeared weeks ago. In other words, Hiro has already altered the past without anyone but Ando taking notice. Who knows, though, why he left, knowing that she'd get killed... perhaps he realized there are some things he can't change.

Maybe that waitress is meant to be Hiro's Gwen Stacy... his first love (as he says in his blog) and the first he wanted to save but was unable to.

Knives122
Wed, 11-22-2006, 01:18 PM
I think Gwen Stacy died a couple of times up to the point where she stayed dead.

Assassin
Wed, 11-22-2006, 01:53 PM
There's no reason to be pissed off at the India scenes using English. English is widely spoken in India, in fact, many people from India can only communicate with each other through English, mainly because there are many different languages commonly used in India. In fact, I think English is an official language in India.

India used to be under British Rule or under the British Commonwealth gaining independence in the 40's, or is it 50's? With Gandhi and all.

Hence alot of other Commonwealth countries speak good English. Malaysia & Singapore is one for an example.

English is not the official language of india, and while the majority of indians can speak english, that doesn't mean they go around speaking english in everyday life.

Munsu
Wed, 11-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Never said it's the official language, I said it's an official language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_languages_of_India

Anyways, that's besides the point. The important thing is that people from India communicating with each other in English is not uncommon. I've met various people from India, and many times the only way they can communicate with each other is through English simply because they grew up speaking a different language among those 800 langauges in India and 2000 dialects.

And the only ones going around speaking English are the "main" characters in the India scenes, in the background the other people are clearly speaking something else. And as mentioned above, the participants of these dialogues are mostly scholars.

Yukimura
Thu, 11-23-2006, 12:17 AM
I think Nathan is getting a raw deal here. While he is a pompous ass, we really shouldn't expect him to act like any of the others with respect to his powers. The people in the show that embrace their powers are the ones who are 'freaks'. Claire and Nathan are approaching the problem like I think I would, they are trying to keep it hidden and live like normal people. Nathan admitted to Peter that he knew he could fly, but he also made a good point, that that realistically that ability wouldn't be useful to him and thus he doens't care about it. As to ruining the painting I guess he just wants Peter to stop wasting his life on unrealistic pursiuts and do something useful, which makes much more sense than supporting the notion that a guy travelled back in time to warn him that the world would end if he didn't save a cheerleader.

From our perspective Nathan is a jerk, because he is not acting like a hero when he has heroic powers, but from his perspective, even with the knowledge of his ability, it's preposterous for people to run around like super heros trying to save the world. That just isn't reality for him and he won't accept it.

Stoopider
Thu, 11-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Yup, I agree

I like Nathan Petrelli. I think from a realistic point of view, he's probably the right one. He's actually pretty cool. A good politician that hopefully he has the best intentions for New York.

Why did he destroy the painting? To save his brothers life. Because none of the other picture tells which highschool it is, or what homecoming they were having. Nathan was trying to save his brothers life.

Now that Peter has been arrested by the police with a pool of blood on him, I can only imagine poor Nathan's candidacy. How is he going to bail out his brother out of this mess without the press knowing about it.

Yukimura
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:07 AM
I think the blood was all his so at least he won't be in jail for too long, though I doubt the Odessa, Texas crime lab is all that prompt in turning around DNA results. However someone will ask how so much blood was lost with no discernable effect on Peter.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 11-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Well, if they allowed Claire to leave the hospital after such a flashy crash, while she was covered in blood even though she had no discernible wounds, why should Peter have troubles? Besids, I'm sure Mr. Bennet will help him when Claire explains to him what happened, and hey - it's another super-ability guy for him to study!

On Nathan, well, I just can't decide. I liked him on that chapter where his wife first appeared - he was very human there. Some other times he just comes off as a jerk. I understand that he can't be exactly flying around, but he could at least stop treating his brother like an idiot.

If I had super-abilities, man I would embrace them very soon. Not like Hiro - his innocence is such that he tells everyone of it and expects them to believe him. But I definitely would be flying around :p

Knives122
Sun, 11-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Forgot to post this last week, but here's a picture of the "heoes" taken from Mohinder's comp.

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/763/hereoespq6.jpg

Winged Dancer
Sun, 11-26-2006, 05:57 PM
I hope they don't really introduce every and each of them. As much as I like The 4400, I don't want Heroes to be like that... "New Hero is introduced! He dies in the same chapter, but it goes to show how evil are the bad guys."

By the way, wouldn't it be funny if the cheerleader they had to save was actually the one that was killed? I mean, the pictures showed Claire pretty clearly, but the prophecy didn't really mention her name....!

Stoopider
Sun, 11-26-2006, 07:30 PM
I think the blood was all his so at least he won't be in jail for too long, though I doubt the Odessa, Texas crime lab is all that prompt in turning around DNA results. However someone will ask how so much blood was lost with no discernable effect on Peter.

Male PMS. I reckon. :D :p

High Wind
Tue, 11-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Damn that was an awesome episode. Focused more on the actual characters themselves rather than the powers. I thought the whole thing with Hiro was pretty sad. Poor Hiro T_T, does he not have powers anymore?

Some of my main questions:

So what exactly is Sylar's power? The power to permanently steal other peoples powers?

Also, probably the biggest one for me, WHO THE HELL IS MR. BENNET? As in, what role is he going to play in all of this? He seems to be knowledgeable of "gifted" people, apparently even before being introduced to Chandra Suresh. So seriously, what the hell is he?

Looking forward to the next episode, hopefully we learn more about the Haitian.

FrogKing
Tue, 11-28-2006, 01:13 AM
Yeah, that was a pretty cool episode. I liked how they used Hiro's going back in time to parallel the other events that were happening at the same time to introduce the other heroes back stories.
I think the reason Skylar removes the brain is to somehow see into their souls and figure out how they work. In that way, he can steal other's powers when he can study their brains. It's a long shot, but that is my theory.
As for Bennet, he seems to have a pretty extensive operation going on. Maybe he's a government agent that has been aware of and studies 'gifted' people. Maybe he was apart of the project that may be responsible for the marks left on a couple of (if not all) of the heroes.
And yeah, I think that in some ways time is inevitable for some people. It seemed that he wasn't able to beat time with his current knowledge of bending time. Maybe by the time NY goes BOOM, he will...
Next weeks episode promises to be a good one with another good ending; too bad it is the last of the year. :(

Yukimura
Tue, 11-28-2006, 01:56 AM
Another Excellent Heros Go here if you missed it (http://www.eztvefnet.org/). It seemed like Syler had the power of insight into how things work, and I guess he was also able to duplicate things he had perceived already. Micah also seems to have a similar power, but it seems to be more tied to technology. In the next ep it looked like they were all together but it didn't look like Odessa (Claire's town) it looked more like NY, which implies we just might get to see the big boom again before the true season finale next year.

iLoveHotCoCo
Tue, 11-28-2006, 03:07 PM
We finally get to see the man behind the shadows. IMO old Sylar reminded me of a Peter Parker type person, you know the whole nerdy look with super powers, but minus the whole being crazy part. Yea...
Anyways that whole scene with Hiro and Charlie made me tear-up.. Poor Hiro, I hope he gets his powers back soon..
And Mr. Bennet definitely has to work for the government or something. Maybe he's in charge of a capture and tag operation, like they do with wild animals. Like the catch them, mark them and study how they interact in the world or how their powers are developing or something like that.
Oh and almost for got all about Nikki.. So her alter ego is her sister.. Strange.. And kinda makes no sense whatsoever. But oh well..

Knives122
Tue, 11-28-2006, 06:30 PM
He still has his powers, I think it was just that he subconciously turned them off knowing that he couldn't save him no matter what he did.

Munsu
Mon, 12-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Here's an article I recently read on tv.com
http://www.tv.com/story/7385.html

It may contain some possible spoilers, especially for tonight's episode... but it mainly talks about how to handle their return in January while competing with 24.

darkmetal505
Mon, 12-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Things just got a lot more interesting.

I wonder what the Haitian guy's agenda is.

Yukimura
Tue, 12-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Intense...very intense. We've got treachery, deaths, visions, and power boosts all over the place and this is only the fall finale.

As to running Heros against 24 I can only imagine that they are idiots. It wouldn't be that hard to put Deal or No Deal against 24 since the markets for those shows probably don't overlap as much as Heros and 24. While I know the 18-30 year olds are the advertisers wet dream, I think it's better to have as many viewers as you can get, which means planning around power houses like 24 instead of trying to unseat them. I wonder how the ratings will turn out.

iLoveHotCoCo
Tue, 12-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Damn that was a good episode. Heck of a cliffhanger too..
The Haitian guy seems like a good guy, letting Claire keep her memory and all. But I kinda still feel bad for her since now she knows her father is doing some shady stuff and she 'lost' her friend Zach, he seemed like a cool guy too.. =[
Hiro, Ando, and Isaac teamed up.. should be very interesting..
And poor Peter.. I feel so bad for the guy... Can't wait till January!

Winged Dancer
Wed, 12-06-2006, 09:48 AM
This was looking to be such a happy episode, what with DL and Nikki making up and Sylar being caught and the budding romance between Claire and Peter, and Issac being able to paint without drugs.

I also love hoe he turns to his latino accent when saying Hiro's name. He sounds more Japanese than Hiro and Ando, hah.

then Eden died. Poor Eden. I liked her. Her death, while unexpected, was handled a little better than the waitress. It was still kinda stupid. How come Sylar was able to resist her? And smash the crystal, too? Because the Haitian wasn't there? Maybe people can resist Eden when they know what may happen? Well, not that we'll ever find out.

And Hiro battles a dinosaur! lol, "I really need to get that sword." I wonder if that means he'll travel to the past to battle dinosaurs, or maybe someone will bring the dinosaurs here. Or maybe Issac was just painting unrelated stuff.

I liked Peter's dream sequences, or whatever they were. The series is taking a Christmas break or something, right? Aw... it was a hell of a cliffhanger, for us to wait a month or so....

High Wind
Wed, 12-06-2006, 08:12 PM
then Eden died. Poor Eden. I liked her. Her death, while unexpected, was handled a little better than the waitress. It was still kinda stupid. How come Sylar was able to resist her? And smash the crystal, too? Because the Haitian wasn't there? Maybe people can resist Eden when they know what may happen? Well, not that we'll ever find out.

I just thought Sylar could resist Eden because of his power. From what I can tell, his power is to be able to perceive the nature of things and how they function. So wouldn't it be reasonable that once he realizese how Eden's power works he'd be able to counter act it? Thats my reasoning for it anyway. I also thought her death was kind of sad because I liked her too.

Also, regarding the Peter dream sequence thing. What the heck triggered something like that? It seemed so out of the blue, with no warning whatsoever, besides the slight cough he had. My theory on the whole New York explosion thing is that Peter some how comes into contact with Ted the Nuclear power guy and absorbs some of his ability. Then, when he Peter absorbs Teds power, he won't be able to control it and then explodes.

Looking forward to January. (Man that seems like a long way off)

Munsu
Wed, 12-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Also, regarding the Peter dream sequence thing. What the heck triggered something like that? It seemed so out of the blue, with no warning whatsoever, besides the slight cough he had.

I don't know about the cough, but Peter having a dream about a future event is not out of the blue, he's done it quite a few times already... Mainly in the first episode when he was thinking he could fly.

Assassin
Thu, 12-07-2006, 12:49 AM
I may be reading too much into it, but during that dream sequence nathan had a wierd look on his face as he approached peter. He wasn't scared like the rest, or worried, or even sad like hiro and ando. He seemed to have this wierd look of determination on his face. Not the mention that he was the only one going towards peter while everyone else was running away, and as i said, he didn't look too worried about his brother.

Think maybe nathan has something to do with peter going nuclear?

el_boss
Sun, 12-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I watched all 11 episodes in a row and I have to say that I am truly amazed. BEST SHOW EVER!!!

Can't believe I have to wait a month until the next episode airs. God damn anime cliffhangers.

Spiegel
Fri, 01-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Same as Dexter, I started watching and could not stop. I should take recommendations of shows more often. I cannot wait for more episodes to come out!

P.S. Sorry this is kinda bumping from the second page.

Zati
Sat, 01-20-2007, 12:47 AM
Monday is going to be an awesome day, both Heroes and Prison Break will be back!

The Godsend episode seems like its going to be good and looking forward to the new hero being introduced.

Honoko
Sat, 01-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Heh, I watched all 11 online as well. And now I'm hooked. And now I'm a Masi Oka fangirl :p

edit:
Watched ep 12. And if I recall correctly from reading this entire thread a couple of weeks ago, is no one curious about Linderburgh? He's a character everyone mentions, and no one's seen. I'm speculating that maybe he's the cheerleader's dad's boss. Obvious, and probably not true. But heck, gotta keep the brain somewhat occupied until next week =P

el_boss
Tue, 01-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Sort of filler episode. Nothing much happened... not much more to say.

PS: I want to make sweet love to Hayden Panettiere.

rockmanj
Wed, 01-24-2007, 03:21 AM
Sort of filler episode. Nothing much happened... not much more to say.

PS: I want to make sweet love to Hayden Panettiere.

i hope you're under 18, then, cause i think shes like 16 or 17.

Munsu
Wed, 01-24-2007, 03:48 AM
I wonder if the twin sisters had different powers, and which powers belong to who. I think Niki herself has the power that makes her very strong (broke a nightstick), while Jessica has the power to takeover people's bodies or something, and Jessica has been using Niki's powers all this time.

el_boss
Wed, 01-24-2007, 05:20 AM
i hope you're under 18, then, cause i think shes like 16 or 17.Well she'll have to come to sweden then, the age limit is set at 15 here. :D

@Bud: They were twins? I've totally missed this piece of fact.

Honoko
Wed, 01-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Well she'll have to come to sweden then, the age limit is set at 15 here. :D

That was revealed at the graveyard scene, just before Jessica terrorized their weak dad.

And that cheerleader played Cheryl Yoast in Remember the Titans. I thought that's pretty crazy >_<

Munsu
Wed, 01-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Well she'll have to come to sweden then, the age limit is set at 15 here. :D

Then you missed the whole point of their father, go watch that episode again.

el_boss
Wed, 01-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Then you missed the whole point of their father, go watch that episode again.I did? I thought that he like raped Jessica. Them being twins seems sort of irrelevant.

Oh well, I'm going rewatch the entire show soon, maybe I'll pick it up this time.

Munsu
Wed, 01-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Well from what I remember the dad was doing something to Niki, probably beating her, and then Jessica got on top of Niki to protect her and got killed as a result. Probably at this point Jessica's consciousness transfered into Niki. At least that's how I remember it and understood it. Niki doesn't seem to have good recollection of what happened, but Jessica does remember very well.

Which begs the question, why doesn't Niki remember? Did Jessica take over her body, hence why she only remembers? Or is it for some other reason, I think I need to watch the episode again to see if I understood correctly.

Though I may be infering incorrectly that they are twin sisters, maybe they were simply sisters. My bad.

Turkish-S
Wed, 01-24-2007, 04:45 PM
I don't think Niki got any powers. I think its all jessica.

Munsu
Wed, 01-24-2007, 04:57 PM
I don't think Niki got any powers. I think its all jessica.
Then how do you explain Niki breaking the nightstick without Jessica's help? It's still Niki's body, the only thing Niki has of Jessica is her conscience.

By the way, Eric Roberts joined the cast of Heroes. Will not say which part he'll play as to not spoil, but you can surely find it in tv.com or other TV Show news sites.

darkmetal505
Wed, 01-24-2007, 05:25 PM
So Peter + radiation guy + spark man = nuke?

edit:

are radiation guy and spark man the same person?

The only piece missing is Linderman. A mobster who collects art, thats about all we know.

Turkish-S
Wed, 01-24-2007, 07:33 PM
@bud: No i think when niki changes in jessica she goes berserk getting more physical strength and assassination skills and all that. The nightstick was a few secs jessica after that niki getting back in.

el_boss
Thu, 01-25-2007, 04:18 AM
If we assume that they both have powers, Niki's power might be something like Sylar's. She might be able to absorb other heroes' powers and consciousness. And since she hasn't learnt how to control her power Jessica gets the upper hand in some situations.

Another more probable theory is that the powers are all Niki's and she/her sunconsious manifested them in the form of Jessica.

Regarding Linderman:
If he is a hero he must have some awesome power of hell from doom. Like being able to kill with a stare or giving other people powers or making them stronger.

We also know that he buys Isaac's paintings. Which probably means that he know that Isaac can predict the future. He possibly bought the painting of dead Peter to keep him alive so that he would destroy NY.

He collects objects with the "godsend" symbol or whatever Ando called it.

He wanted Nathan to become mayor of NY.

Munsu
Thu, 01-25-2007, 10:20 AM
If we assume that they both have powers, Niki's power might be something like Sylar's. She might be able to absorb other heroes' powers and consciousness. And since she hasn't learnt how to control her power Jessica gets the upper hand in some situations.

Another more probable theory is that the powers are all Niki's and she/her sunconsious manifested them in the form of Jessica.

Regarding Linderman:
If he is a hero he must have some awesome power of hell from doom. Like being able to kill with a stare or giving other people powers or making them stronger.

We also know that he buys Isaac's paintings. Which probably means that he know that Isaac can predict the future. He possibly bought the painting of dead Peter to keep him alive so that he would destroy NY.

He collects objects with the "godsend" symbol or whatever Ando called it.

He wanted Nathan to become mayor of NY.
About Niki and Jessica. So, even if a real Jessica did exist, maybe the Jessica we are seeing inside Niki is simply part of a psychological disorder; she having multiple personalities herself, instead of Jessica actually being inside Niki. And as you say, her powers are simply manifested when she goes Jessica Mode. That's not to say, that she can't learn how to use the powers by herself later on. I just doubt that the dead Jessica, who seems to have good understanding and control of the powers, would allowed to be killed by her father if she actually possessed the super human strength at the time.

About Linderman, I'm pretty sure that he lent money to Niki and that's why she was in debt in the first episode. The goons she killed were Linderman's goons.

Yukimura
Tue, 01-30-2007, 02:43 AM
A pretty good setup episode, but if the next ep isn't really action packed it'll mess up the flow, but they have plenty to run on. Claire's Firestarter mom, Her Dad's likely suspicion of the Hatiian (I think he recognzed the chimes), Peter's training, Hiro's Dad (SU-FUCKING-LU!), Parkman's baby (not all that interesting unless it's the anti-christ child or something) and Michah's grand theft ATM, which is definately a crime and he was probably on camera while doing it.

Honoko
Tue, 01-30-2007, 05:17 AM
Michah's grand theft ATM, which is definately a crime and he was probably on camera while doing it.
Was he even tall enough to be to caught on camera?

Munsu
Tue, 01-30-2007, 10:10 AM
That ATM looked pretty old-school to me.

And Hiro needs a pair of balls, he's acting all girly.

FullMetalAlchemist
Tue, 01-30-2007, 12:01 PM
What can they really say to the kid anyway? The atm magically gave him money (at least what they wil;l see thru a camera) They wouldn't think a kid can hack a atm or anything like that lol. I hope patreli ( how ever you spell it) controls his power so that he can keep the powers he absorbs from others instead of them haveing to be close. That would be awesome, but i guess he will since he is gonna explode which would mean he kept someones power that was unstable.

gr3atfull
Tue, 01-30-2007, 07:29 PM
I wonder if Hiro's dad has any powers... And Claire's mom power is really sick. She just snapped her fingers and there was fire..... Awesome.:cool:

There is one part I did not get. How did Sylar fake his death?

Munsu
Tue, 01-30-2007, 07:58 PM
The same way he can get other people's super powers. His power is pretty much having an understanding of all mechanisms, he knows when things are broken, how to fix them, and how to manipulate them. So, he probably rearranged something in his body make it appear as if he was dead and then fixed his body.

FullMetalAlchemist
Mon, 02-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Awesome i predicted that one perfectly, i knew he was gonna be able to use everyones powers once he meets them. Hopefully he gets control of it so he doesn't become the next A-bomb lol. I wasn't expecting the other brother being claires pops though, that one was a huge surprise. The show just got me exited for next week :D .

Honoko
Mon, 02-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Dammit, I was hoping Linderman was Claire's dad. GR.

Wait, so does this mean that Nathan knew about his powers for a really long time and never did a thing about it? Now's he's mixed up with pyro-chick and nikki/jessica. He's totally screwed.

KitKat
Mon, 02-05-2007, 11:12 PM
This was a sweet episode.

How creepy is Sylar! He just passed all known limits of creepiness, although him and Mr. Muggles together was hilariously funny to me for some reason. But the as he kept talking more and more to Claire's mom, you could tell she was thinking, "Oh crap....pedophile!"

And Peter is really starting to get awesome. He's like, the anti-Sylar. I hope they have an epic superhero showdown with all their accumulated powers.

And Sulu, man he's just too cool, even when he's playing a gruff Japanese businessman. I wonder if that was just a cameo appearance, or if we'll see more of him later on. At any rate, his having been there didn't really accomplish much storyline-wise except to delay Hiro. I'm interested to see how this whole sword-stealing business will go down.

Yukimura
Tue, 02-06-2007, 01:45 AM
The license plate of Hiro's dad's car was NCC 1701!!! I can't be the only trekkie on these forums, come on people you've got to catch these things. And while Claire's mom's fire power was awesome my favorite part was definitely Peter's Rogue moment where he goes crazy and starts exhibiting the powers of everyone she'd ever touched, stolen right out of X-Men Evolution and probably the comics as well. Not that I'm complaining of course, but it was still funny how fast the memory came back. And the invisible guy having a connection to Mr. Bennett was slightly surprising, though not a major shocker, I'm starting to wonder if he's going to end up being a bad guy though.

KitKat that Syler v Peter fight would be pretty sweet indeed, especially since Peter could probably use most of Sylers accumulated powers as well.

Munsu
Tue, 02-06-2007, 03:57 AM
Sylar vs. Clare's mom was awesome.
Peter being thrown off the roof was great.
Hiro's story sucked.
Nikki is fucked.
Clare's mom is pretty cool, thought she would be working for Linderman or something, but apparently her only connection is with Nathan.

And that's all I care to mention about the episode.

Also, my current favorite character has to be the invisible man, "People suck" is the best line of the series so far.

TwisT
Tue, 02-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Also, my current favorite character has to be the invisible man, "People suck" is the best line of the series so far.

Indeed it is. And how he just randomly threw Peter of the building. Either he would learn to control his power to save his life or he would die, stopping the explotion. Win - win situation. Awesome.

And as you said, the Hiro story sucked ass. Stop fooling around and get that sword, dammit.

Also i wanna see Linderman soon. I wonder if he has any powers of his own and if he knows about everyones powers already. I mean he almost has some connection to every power user in the show.

el_boss
Tue, 02-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Good shit.

It totally sucked that Syler let mr Bennet live. That almost ruined the entire episode for me. I mean come on, he's a cold blooded mass murderer and he leats a man that actually is a threat to him live.

Peter is sort of wussy.

Syler: "I really like Claire's big... umm talents? Yeah talents! I'm not weird I promise." :D

Nathan + Claire's mom was very unexpected. I don't really get it, seems unnecessary.

I thought it was obvious that Peter vs Syler would be like the last boss battle.

Honoko
Tue, 02-06-2007, 07:13 PM
he's a cold blooded mass murderer and he leats a man that actually is a threat to him live.
Ehhh, in Sylar's view, maybe he doesn't see HRG as a threat at all. If I somehow got into the same room with a dude I can easily knock aside with a flick of my finger, I'd probably develop a little ego over that and not give a shit.

gr3atfull
Tue, 02-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Awesome episode!!!!

I agree with the fact that loved the Peter and invisible man moments. Now, invisible man is known by Claire's dad.... I am not astonished.

I was quite surprised and not surprised that Claire is the daughter of Nathan. I can accept this fact because he just goes out with any women, but Claire is about 16 years old now. How can Nathan be her father. He is already about in his early thirties. How is this possible.....

I hope the next episode there will be more action involved with the Haitian man.

Honoko
Tue, 02-06-2007, 08:27 PM
but Claire is about 16 years old now. How can Nathan be her father. He is already about in his early thirties. How is this possible.....
Teenagers can make babies :p It's biologically possible. Really.

rockmanj
Tue, 02-06-2007, 10:13 PM
And the invisible guy having a connection to Mr. Bennett was slightly surprising, though not a major shocker, I'm starting to wonder if he's going to end up being a bad guy though.

KitKat that Syler v Peter fight would be pretty sweet indeed, especially since Peter could probably use most of Sylers accumulated powers as well.

Maybe the invisible guy was a plant by bennet (even though he apparently doesent wan thim alive) in order to create the anti-sylar...although i may be pulling that out of my ass, seeing as there is no basis for it. But on the other hand, i think peter may be between 35-40 years old, so im guessing he may have been about 20 or so when he had claire.

el_boss
Wed, 02-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Ehhh, in Sylar's view, maybe he doesn't see HRG as a threat at all. If I somehow got into the same room with a dude I can easily knock aside with a flick of my finger, I'd probably develop a little ego over that and not give a shit.Who was it that caught and almost killed Sylar?

Honoko
Wed, 02-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Who was it that caught and almost killed Sylar?
1. Haitian dude and Eden caught Sylar.
2. Sylar was never meant to be killed. Just "researched." Sure, HRG wanted to kill him but the fact that he still obeyed orders "from above" automatically makes him some kind of gopher. That decreases the cool factor for HRG as a potential villain. I now find him shady and annoying.
3. And like I said before, once Sylar and HRG were in the same room, who owned who? I'm not saying that I liked how this whole thing panned out but was trying to offer an explanation on why Sylar let HRG live. Massive ego is usually the reason any villain walks away without checking for a dead body first =P And writers' fondness for certain characters.

edit: @Bud-- did Sylar imply that as he was walking away? I don't remember.

Munsu
Wed, 02-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Or maybe he simply wanted to kill Claire and see his reaction and let him agonize about it for the rest of his life.

KitKat
Wed, 02-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, Bud has the most plausible explanation. Sylar kills people indiscriminately, but he hates Claire's dad more than probably anyone else. Killing him isn't enough. He wants to make him suffer, by killing Claire, and rubbing it in his face. Remember as he was walking out, he looked at Claire's dad and said something to the effect of, "I'm going to go pay a visit to little Claire." So I'd attribute it not to ego or sloppiness, but to revenge.

el_boss
Wed, 02-07-2007, 03:15 PM
The discussion we are having is the result of a plot device (or is it called plot hole?) and you all know it. Unless they reveal some big thing like them being brothers or lovers it will remain as such.

He could have at least crippled him in some way. Just leaving him (kind of) unharmed is stupid. Sylar isn't really a bushido kind of guy anyway.

Turkish-S
Wed, 02-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Good enough ep. You guys think that HRG has some kind of power?
I think he has because he gets too many screen time to be just human.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 02-07-2007, 05:39 PM
"I like hotcakes, father. I think you would like them too."

That moment owned the entire episode.

And I like Claire's real mom. She's been in Cuernavaca! The fact that Cuernavaca is mentioned somewhere outside of Mexico is, for me, nothing short of amazing.

I do agree that pairing her with Nathan seems a little... unnecessary, as someone else said already. But hey, if it'll bring the cast together...

In between Hiro facing off with his father and Peter learning to control his powers, this was a pretty swell episode. Now we just need that damn sword, just so Hiro can fight a dinosaur already....!

gr3atfull
Wed, 02-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Good enough ep. You guys think that HRG has some kind of power?
I think he has because he gets too many screen time to be just human.

I dont think he got any powers. I mean if he did Sylar would know and he wouldn't be so dependent of the Haitian dude. I think he is doing experiments and he is trying to get himself some awesome powers.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 02-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Given that ha was "friends" with Mr. Invisible Man with Funny Accent, I'd say that he has been involved with super-powered people for a long while now... in fact, he probably picked Claire becaus he knew that she had an ability, so it's safe to say that he's been involved with them for around sixteen years, maybe more.

Yet, he doesn't seem to be part of the government, so all he's doing is for his own sake.... which makes him interesting. I didn't really like him at first, now I'm actually growing fond of him.

Honoko
Wed, 02-07-2007, 07:15 PM
I want to know who HRG is working for. It doesn't seem like everything he does is for his sake. If it was, Sylar would've died.

gr3atfull
Wed, 02-07-2007, 08:20 PM
My guess is Linderman. Every one is connected to him somehow.

Assassin
Wed, 02-07-2007, 10:00 PM
i agree. linderman is the only wild card left. he's connected to all the hero's, so it stands to reason that he has some connection with bennett as well.

Danad_corps
Wed, 02-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Was I the only one who knew that Claire's father was Nathan since the preview of this episode? Who else wears a nice shirt with a fancy watch in every single episode?? It would either be a new character or someone we've already seen. They have already stretched themselves thin character-wise so it HAD to be someone we knew.

As for the Syler part: Syler hates Claire's dad b/c hes constantly hunting him and had him as a research experiment. In accordance with almost every movie/series known to man, they wont kill each other unless they really really have to. They'd rather torture them like crazy and the best way to do that to Claire's dad is to hurt his family.

If Claire's dad really does have a power, then no one would know b/c he always has the Nigerian around him (didn't anyone else think it weird that the detective didn't see him in the paper factory standing 20 feet away from him? I mean the detective and the radioactive-man both talked about finding the Nigerian and there he was standing in broad daylight.)

My guess for Linderman is that he is going to be a new character. Everyone knows about him and has some connection to him. Unless the writers want to make this akin to "The Usual Suspects" i doubt anyone we know is going to be Linderman.

I liked the episode and all, but didn't anyone else find Peter's acting to be lacking? He can't really do the whole "i'm angry at you" thing properly. As for his fight with Syler, Peter should win hands down once he gets control of his powers (he has Claire's and the invisible dudes ability). I doubt Syler has anything like those (the only reason he wants to kill Claire is to get her power). Not to mention that somehow Peter is going to obtain Hiro's time-stopping power which would make him literally invincible in a fight against anyone.

complich8
Wed, 02-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Not to mention that somehow Peter is going to obtain Hiro's time-stopping power which would make him literally invincible in a fight against anyone.

Anyone but the power-negating Haitian guy. Unless he managed to get the power-negating bit to work too. Either way, I'd be interested in seeing it.

Also interested in the real significance of that symbol.

The melodramatic intro guy is getting really annoying. I'd like the show a bit better if they didn't have him babbling over it trying to act like it's a movie trailer. I think I'm going to just start skipping the first minute or so of every ep from here on out.

Honoko
Wed, 02-07-2007, 11:52 PM
The fact that the Haitian didn't wipe Claire's memories a few eps ago despite HRG's request/order raised the possibility that there are two factions interested in the power users. My guess would be that Linderman and co is one group, and the other is the one who carries that symbol around. I'm dying to know why it's popping up in weird places and why on earth Jessica/Niki is tattooed with it.

Hehe, well, I guess I'm dying to know a lot of things =P

el_boss
Thu, 02-08-2007, 05:42 AM
The Haitian can't negate all powers. From what I remember he can only affect mental ones, like Matt's mind read and Eden's mind control. Maybe he can negate Peter though, since his power seems to be in his head.

Peter should already have Hiro's power. They met in the subway.

The tatoo only appears when Jessica is in the body.

Danad_corps
Thu, 02-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Peter met with the Future Hiro in the Subway, but Peter was already having problems with absorbing powers (wasn't he?). He couldn't manage to fly at all when he jumped off the building in front of his brother. Not only that, but doesn't he need to use the power to attain it? Usually he unconsciously uses the power (i.e. predicting the future, flying, healing...)but in this case he didn't use the time-bending ability at all.

How was the invisible guy was captured? I think the Haitian had to be used (since we've only seen two people with powers allied with Claire's dad) in order to see him at all. And how can you differentiate between a mental power and a physical one? Is it based on how the power affects other people or what is used when the person uses his/her power? I don't see how absorbing powers or being able to make anything technological work fits into that dichotomous.

el_boss
Thu, 02-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Well he was able to absorb Isaac's power and draw that picture when he wasn't around him. He wasn't affected by Hiro's time stall, but maybe that was because Hiro had learned to target what should be stopped.

I didn't say that Haitian guy could stop Peter but maybe he could. What I wanted say was that he doesn't have any actual power negation.

Assassin
Thu, 02-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Ya i dont think its power negation either. it seems more like a mind control type thing. that is, he can shiled his own and other peoples minds from being effected (like he does with bennett) and he can alter memories in a persons own mind. but he can't "stop" a power from being used.

Danad_corps
Thu, 02-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Now that i think about it what Assassin and el_boss said makes complete sense. When that Compulsion girl met with Claire's dad (god i need to remember these peoples names) she used the power but it had no effect on him 'cause the Haitian dude was there. Thanks for clearing that up guys!

As for the time-stall thing with Hiro, I attributed it to the same reasoning - Hiro was able to target whoever and/or whatever he wanted to be affected by his power.

Psyke
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:09 AM
I've just watched the first 2 episodes. It wasn't as good as I heard from some, but I'm still going to carry watching, because of "Super Hiro". :p

Yattaaaaaaa!

Munsu
Fri, 02-09-2007, 12:34 PM
I've just watched the first 2 episodes. It wasn't as good as I heard from some, but I'm still going to carry watching, because of "Super Hiro". :p

Yattaaaaaaa!
Though I liked the first couple of episodes, I didn't find them too intriguing. But keep at it, t'll surely get better, and you'll like it.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 02-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Yes, I have to say that I, too, watched the first few episodes just for Hiro, and for Claire, because there's just something funny in seeing a cheerleader get hurt and regenerate time and again.

Truth to be told, it doesn't get good (with italics and all) until around episode 10, or so. But keep watching!

Honoko
Fri, 02-09-2007, 05:03 PM
You have higher standards than I do. It took me about 4 to 5 eps before I really got into it.

darkshadow
Fri, 02-09-2007, 05:21 PM
took one or two eps for me, after seeing claire and her ability i was hooked.

Mizuchi
Fri, 02-09-2007, 08:07 PM
1 ep for me.

el_boss
Fri, 02-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I watched the first ep in two sittings. Then ep 2 the next day. The day after that I watched 3 through 11.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 02-11-2007, 05:48 PM
I had a dream about this show last night....

I don't want to think I'm [i}that[/i] obsessed, so, eh, I'm just blaming the unconscious part of my being.

Anyway, in this dream Hiro already had his sword and he was fighting dinosaurs with it in the middle of the jungle. Only there was this open-air restaurant at the jungle, and though it wasn't completely full there were some people sitting around.

So anyway, Hiro fought two T-Rexes and, wel, it was more like Jurassic Park, but with Hiro in it. At some point he took a baby cradle out of some guy's table and threw it at the dinosaur to confuse it, I just don't know if it still had the baby in it. I'm guessing not, because Hiro wouldn't go around throwing babies.

Er, just wanted to share that, I guess. If tomorrow's episode has Hiro against two T-Rex in the middle of the jungle, I'm opening my own psychic hotline.

Mizuchi
Sun, 02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Why do some people on the thread call mr. bennet HRG?

Honoko
Sun, 02-11-2007, 10:07 PM
HRG = horn-rimmed glasses, which Mr. bennet wears. Which reminds me, we still don't know his first name. Mr. Muggles took the ill-opportune time to go after Sylar's shoelaces during that moment =P

Assassin
Sun, 02-11-2007, 10:27 PM
which begs the question, whats so important about his first name that its being kept secret?

complich8
Sun, 02-11-2007, 10:37 PM
HRG = horn-rimmed glasses, which Mr. bennet wears. Which reminds me, we still don't know his first name. Mr. Muggles took the ill-opportune time to go after Sylar's shoelaces during that moment =P

... isn't his name Lisle?

Who left those doors open, Mr. Muggles? Claire or Lisle? You tell me so I can tan their ass

Honoko
Mon, 02-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Isn't Lyle Claire's brother's name?

@assassin: I have no idea. I think it's just one of those non-important gag secrets that a viewer (like me) can temporarily obsess over. I'd be surprised if it did have some huge significance in the show.

Munsu
Mon, 02-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Yeah, she said Lyle, and he's indeed the brother.

And about the first name, I'm pretty sure it's non-important, but the show sure is making it look like it. For one, they didn't even show it in the license or that ID card he had.

Winged Dancer
Mon, 02-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Unless he himself is Linderman (which we know he isn't) then it shouldn't be very important. It's just that they've had no reason to call him by his first name - Claire and Lyle call him "dad", his wife calls him "dear" or whatever, and all of his employees call him Mr. Bennet because you wouldn't call your boss by his first name, right?

complich8
Mon, 02-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah, she said Lyle, and he's indeed the brother.

And about the first name, I'm pretty sure it's non-important, but the show sure is making it look like it. For one, they didn't even show it in the license or that ID card he had.

I totally forgot about the brother!

Damn you unimportant characters with names!

Also, damn you city of Lisle, Illinois, for existing and having a water tower with your name on it right near a highway I used to travel on all the time, and ruining my ability to spell "Lyle".

KitKat
Mon, 02-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Lisle
Bah, now you made me think of the Sound of Music and I have the song "16 going on 17" stuck in my head.

In other news, I'm counting down the hours to tonight's episode! We need some sword-stealing heists soon! And LOL at WD's dream. I bet those were your T-Rexes. I know you've got a couple hidden away that you've been training as part of the secret Mexican miltary :p

Winged Dancer
Mon, 02-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Well, that's a sucky song to have in your head. So... fluffy, and happy, and nice, and UGH.

And yes, we're raising dinosaur of course. But we're only feeding them with chile, in hopes they'll turn into dragons, or at least become able to vomit such an scalding liquid it'll be the death of our enemies.

Now we just need enemies. Perhaps North Korea will do, everybody hates North Korea. Or Venezuela, it has grown too cocky.

Back on topic, I still don't think Mr. Bennet's name is all too important.
Also, have we ever met Linderman? I can't remember. He's everywhere, and everyone is connected to him one way or another, but I just can't remember if we've seen him at all.

Honoko
Mon, 02-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Also, have we ever met Linderman? I can't remember. He's everywhere, and everyone is connected to him one way or another, but I just can't remember if we've seen him at all.
Nope, we haven't seen him yet. Which was why I was rooting for Claire's dad to be Linderman, just to finally get a cameo from him. Alas, such was not the case. Linderman's like Godot right now. Except one can only hope to finally see him in the near future. I'll throw a fit if we don't get to see him by the end of this season =P

PS: I'll help feed your dragons if you do train them to bite Kim Jong Il's head off and piss acid on his corpse.

gr3atfull
Mon, 02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Sylar is so sneaky and scary and Mohinder is really stupid. Didnt he recognize Sylar's voice when his dad and him were talking in the answering machine? During the whole Sylar and Mohinder moment, I really thought that Mohinder would know and there would be some action between those two. But nothing really happened. Instead it got worst, they are now working together.

Now, it seems that Nathan is really Claire's dad. While I was watching the show, I suddenly started thinking about X-Men. In X-Men, there is this flying dude, Cannonball aka Samuel Guthrie. He has the power to fly like Nathan. They both "jump" into the air. Cannonball also has a little sister who is a mutant. She is called Husk aka Paige Guthrie. She has the power to kind of "heal" herself and tear her skin off to heal herself and etc.. Kinda funny to see those two family links between X-Men and Heroes.....

Honoko
Tue, 02-13-2007, 12:05 AM
I thought Zane Taylor's power was kinda useless. I was trying to think of some applications for it. So far, I can think of melting vaults and robbing banks, or become a human soldering tool.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Tue, 02-13-2007, 01:10 AM
I thought Zane Taylor's power was kinda useless. I was trying to think of some applications for it. So far, I can think of melting vaults and robbing banks, or become a human soldering tool.

Well whatever the case/power maybe, it just means that Sylar has another damn power in his arsenal. He could easily just telekinetically lift some metal door on someone and then use that power to weld it onto them, killing them. Or just sealing people into a room or a car. Whatever he uses it for, it just means that he has become more powerful, which just annoys the hella outta me. And for all of Mohinder's academical acheivements, you would seriously think that he would have some sort of suspiscion about Sylar. How can he not realize the vast difference in "zane" from when he heard him on the phone till "sylar" as him now. Besides with Sylar telling him about "purpose" and "destiny" he should have figured out something. I feel tho that Mohinder would still be hesistant about working with him.

I was also mentioning this to my friend. Whereas Sylar "cuts and pastes" others power onto himself and thereby killing them, Peter on the other hand just "copies and pastes" his. And therefore not needing to kill to gain power. But then when he came in contact with Sylar in Texas, does that mean that he also has managed to "copy" all of Sylar's powers at that time. Only he would need to concentrate on Sylar at the time when he needs any of his powers? Liek he did when he fell (by thinking of Claire) Or is it that he and Sylar are like opposites, negative and positive, effectively neutralizing each other therefore not gaining each others powers?
I just wanna watch it all unfold at once

Munsu
Tue, 02-13-2007, 08:51 AM
This episode was for all you doubters that keep saying week after week that Nikki/Jessica has no place in the series, that she should be written off. You people have no faith. I think she's a very important character and in the center of everything that is going on in Heroes, and this episode just about proves it.

KitKat
Tue, 02-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Once again, Heroes hasn't disappointed me. We didn't see any of Peter in this episode, but I think they're saving up his storyline for a really awesome episode to come, so I'm content to wait.

Jessica seems to be doing very well at her new job as Linderman's personal hitman (hitwoman?). It's only a matter of time though before Micah gets suspicious. Maybe he already knows. He's the only one who'll be able to stop Jessica, I think, or at least enable Nikki to overcome Jessica.

And Matt is turning into a rebel! He's so tired of being the 'good guy' and doing the right thing and then getting burned for it that he now has a nice little fortune in diamonds. This is going to get him all tangled up with Linderman though.

I think my favourite part of this episode though, was when Ando kept arguing with Hiro by quoting him, and Hiro was like, "Stop saying all the things I say to you!" Those two are so hilarious. And when Ando closed the door behind Hiro to keep looking for the bag, and Hiro is trying to whisper loudly at him from the hallway, ah too funny.

Turkish-S
Tue, 02-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Yea i really like how Matt is developping as a charracter.

But i don't really know what is going to happen next. Will the bomb (peter) still go off or will they prevent it from happening. And what then? In the beginning the voice (i think it was mohender ) said that they will change the the world forever. I don't really see that comming in the near future.

oh and sylar is a gay villain . i hope Linderman is better..

Honoko
Tue, 02-13-2007, 02:40 PM
This episode was for all you doubters that keep saying week after week that Nikki/Jessica has no place in the series, that she should be written off. You people have no faith. I think she's a very important character and in the center of everything that is going on in Heroes, and this episode just about proves it.
Not sure if I actually said that but I must insist that the N/J character was definitely the weakest part of the series writing-wise, until this ep, maybe. As a result, N/J to me was the least engaging character (personal pref, I guess). But based on where this storyline is going, I just might change my opinion about schizo-chick within the next couple of weeks.:rolleyes:

Winged Dancer
Tue, 02-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Agree with Honoko. So far, Nikki/Jessice has been my least favorite character - Matt, too, I wasn't too fond of, but I liked how he acted during this episode. It seems he's not going to just accept orders all the time.

Something needs to happen soon with Nikki and Jessica. I mean, they can't kill Nathan - not only is he a very good character, he appears in every one of Peter's visions, always holding him while he explodes.

So wither Nikki will regain control over herself or someone will kill Jessica... unless next episode convinces me she's good, I wouldn't mind that.

Overall, it was a rather drab episode for me... while Jessica and Matt's scenes were pretty good, everything else was just blah.
Claire's mom somewhow disappointed me, too. Your long-lost daughter walks into your life and you only thing of getting money? She even lied to Claire - "50, 000 dollars, and you're entitled to half of it". Poor Claire, things have been sucky for her lately.

And as Turkish-S said, Sylar is kinda idiotic for a villian. He just hasn't convinced me yet. Gods, Nikki/Jesside would be a much better villain! Sylar, so far, is creepy but boring... what will he do with his powers? Conquer the world? Destroy it? Meh, it's all been done.

el_boss
Wed, 02-14-2007, 07:17 AM
I think that indianscientistguy knows that it's Sylar. He's just playing along so that he can deliver teh pwn later on.

I'm starting to like Sylar more and moar. He was a real dork before but now he's kinda cool. (he should have killed bennet though)

And btw, isn't being able to melt people pretty good? I would say yes, yes it is.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Thu, 02-15-2007, 10:38 PM
I think that indianscientistguy knows that it's Sylar. He's just playing along so that he can deliver teh pwn later on.

I'm starting to like Sylar more and moar. He was a real dork before but now he's kinda cool. (he should have killed bennet though)

And btw, isn't being able to melt people pretty good? I would say yes, yes it is.

It would be if that was what the power was, but I don't think that Zane's power is the ability to melt everything. I think its the ability to just melt metal, i.e manipulate the molecular structure of metal and detaching its bonds thereby reducing it to molten metal.

darkmetal505
Thu, 02-15-2007, 10:59 PM
It may not be just metal. There was half of a phone on the floor and I'm assuming it was part plastic. He can reduce the molecular structure of any compound into its molten state.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Fri, 02-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Hmmm, In that case maybe he can only manipulate the molecular structure of certain compounds. Compunds that melt such as Plastic or Metal and therefore other compounds such as Wood or Cloth he might not be able to "melt" since they do not melt but rather burn. But in that same token as el_boss mentioned it means that since we as humans do "melt" he could manipulate our molecules.....dang it, I just dont want him to have that much power. So maybe he can only manipulate inorganic compounds that do melt, otherwise he would be to powerful. And since they say power does corrupt and he is powerful as it is, he is already corrupted enough.

r3n
Sun, 02-18-2007, 09:02 AM
seems like a bit of a useless power if it's only metals and plastics. still, i think sylar has the 'gotta catch em all' ideology, so any powers a good power to him :)

el_boss
Sun, 02-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Maybe when he gains more control over the power he will be able to reshape things. Like changing a car into a huge spear or something. Will come in handy with the tekekinesis.

Honoko
Mon, 02-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Gah, this was an awesome ep. I don't even know where to begin. Loved Claire losing it, loved Peter losing it, loved Invisible Man losing it.... everyone on the show just went nuts. And then right at the end.... dammit, I wanna teleport to next Monday 9pm stat =P

KitKat
Mon, 02-19-2007, 11:11 PM
That episode kicked ASS!!!!!!!!
*explodes in awesomeness*

When Peter flew away, I squealed like a fangirl. And we've seen conclusively now that he did indeed absorb all of Sylar's powers. Everyone stepped it up a notch in bad-ass-ness, except for poor little Hiro. His storyline has gone from being the most engaging to being the weakest at this point.

Anyways, we have a new player in the arena. Wireless girl has a really neat power. She seems pretty hardcore. Sounds like she has a score to settle, and knows exactly how she wants to settle it.

And finally Sylar is starting to get what he deserves. A little 'negative feedback' from his killing spree. Mohinder is so clueless, but hopefully he should start to put some puzzle pieces together soon.

Ok, this is a tangent, but watching this episode reminded me of a conversation I had with some friends after watching X-Men. We theorized that for every person with a really awesome power, there has got to be 50 people with really dumb powers like constantly emitting a droning noise, or making the block around them smell like soggy gym socks. Not all the mutations will be improvements, right? So where are all those people that have the non-useful and potentially extremely annoying mutations?

FullMetalAlchemist
Tue, 02-20-2007, 12:46 AM
OMG i can't believe you two didn't mention stan lee lol (spider-man creater) He was the bus driver who picked up hiro lol.

Awesome episode peter keeps becomeing my favor character by the moment. His ability to absorb powers is just awesome. I wouldn't say he absorbed sylars powers but more like he can absorn the powers he sees someone do. Remember he has to remember the person and there ability. If he doesn't see an ability sylar does then how will he know he has it? you gotta think about it to that extent.

Hiro inability to use his powers must be a mental block in his head, and a confidence problem after he couldnt save that chick in the diner. So until he gets past that mental block and realize he is able to use his power I;E gets in danger and uses it on mistake/notice that he used it, we wont see anything special on his side of the story. Again peter is just awesome. Useing the powers like he did when he was angry was just cool. He is really egtting use to them at a fast rate.

gr3atfull
Tue, 02-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Awesommmeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one the greates episode yet. And next week, it will be even better since we will get to know everything we were dying to know!!!!

Poor Nathan. In one night he lost two things, his "teacher" and his girlfriend....

darkshadow
Tue, 02-20-2007, 12:53 PM
This ep was really great, peter has become like freaking superman, and also omgzors stan lee, that truly made my day :D

Assassin
Tue, 02-20-2007, 03:25 PM
internet girl has the best power yet. shes like 1337 uber haxxor extreme.

the show is definately boiling down to a final battle between sylar and peter, seeing as they're both collecting powers. peter even has that voice thing he did against isaac, which we havent seen yet i think. should be pretty cool.

Munsu
Tue, 02-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I've been a fan of Stana Katic for a while now, since I saw her as a terrorist in 24 and in the pilot of Faceless, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw her here. She's a cool character indeed. I think Peter will use time travel to save his girlfriend, I don't think she'll die yet (sadly). I liked how Claire confronted her dad finally, and I wonder what new info we'll learn from Bennet's current situation.

Peter flying was done really well, I thought it was a cool scene.

Winged Dancer
Tue, 02-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Wow, what an awesome chapter. It has a little bit of everything - character building, battle scenes, a new character and OMFG STAN LEE!!!!

No, really. Stan Lee! I knew he loves to make cameos, but this was all the sweeter because it was unexpected.

And I just loved the growth exhibited by some characters - Hiro, for instance. Not only has he realized that he might have to go lone for a bit, but also, it seems that he can alter time within a definite zone... if you ask me, he reversed time only around that ugly woman, but didn't affect his surroudings.

Poor Ando. But Stan Lee!

Also, isn't it just great how different factions are coming to life? Internet Girl, Radioactive Guy (what's his name?) and Matt are now kinda like a group, while Hiro, Peter and Nathan will probably end up together - after all, when future!Hiro appeared in the subway, he acted like he got along pretty well with future-timeline Peter. Nikki/Jessica fights solo, of course...

Peter's "awakening" was just fantastic. Just like KitKat, I squealed out loud - I'm a fangirl now. And his fight with Isaac was AWESOME. I dunno how he managed to control everything so fast, but man oh man.

And they need to kill Simone. Please, don't let anyone travel back in time and save her. I don't mind her character - I don't care if she dies or not.

But, right now, her death will create a rift between Peter and Isaac that could do wonders in seasons to come. Those two characters would become rivals of sorts, join different factions and, well, it'd be great.

Great, great episode. Last week's was kind of sucky, so I'm triple glad this one was so good.

Also, Stan Lee.

gr3atfull
Tue, 02-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Radioactive Guy (what's his name?)

Ted something

Honoko
Tue, 02-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Ted something
Ted Sprague

Yukimura
Wed, 02-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Wow that kicked ass, Syler is a douche though, that lady had the mutant version of my 'power' (my hearing is pretty ridiculous unless distracted by something I can't sleep without perfect silence or a massive distraction that's non-periodic). I think the trigger for all of Peter's powers is fear/anger aka adrenaline he was scared when he stopped time and flew and he was pissed when he amped up his voice, turned invisible, and used telekinesis.

The situation with Bomberman, Internet Girl (she needs a sexier nickname), and Matt might be really interesting but the black guy might show up and ruin things. As for Nikki, DL, and Micah, I just realized the only they'll probably fit into the main story is if they end up befriending Hiro once he gets to Vegas (or Linderman sends Nikki after Hiro for the insult of talking to him).

Honoko
Wed, 02-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Wow that kicked ass, Syler is a douche though, that lady had the mutant version of my 'power' (my hearing is pretty ridiculous unless distracted by something I can't sleep without perfect silence or a massive distraction that's non-periodic). I think the trigger for all of Peter's powers is fear/anger aka adrenaline he was scared when he stopped time and flew and he was pissed when he amped up his voice, turned invisible, and used telekinesis.

The situation with Bomberman, Internet Girl (she needs a sexier nickname), and Matt might be really interesting but the black guy might show up and ruin things. As for Nikki, DL, and Micah, I just realized the only they'll probably fit into the main story is if they end up befriending Hiro once he gets to Vegas (or Linderman sends Nikki after Hiro for the insult of talking to him).
1. Sylar's a weak villain. He was great at the beginning because of his creepiness but once they did a backstory on him, I was like, "eh."
2. Internet Girl aka "Wireless"-- that's pretty sexy, if you ask me :p
3. Niki is about to fit into the main storyline again, no? Linderman has asked Jessica to take out Nathan. I'm sure once those two get together again she'll be back in the running. It's only less than two weeks before the elections. Maybe the hit will somehow contribute to Nathan's landslide victory Hiro foresaw just before NYC blew up.

darkshadow
Wed, 02-21-2007, 01:29 PM
i dont think peter stopped time, i think he just suspended the stingers with telekinesis

Winged Dancer
Wed, 02-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Wow that kicked ass, Syler is a douche though, that lady had the mutant version of my 'power' (my hearing is pretty ridiculous unless distracted by something I can't sleep without perfect silence or a massive distraction that's non-periodic).

Oooh, I know what you mean! I have horribly sensitive hearing, too. I can't sleep if there's a mosquito in the room, if anything creaks it usually wakes me, not to say a dog barking... hell, I can hear cellphones vibrating three tables away.

And I liked that lady. I hope she/her spirit/her power takes her revenge on Sylar, she would've been a good character...

And also, she would've proved that the awakening of the powers has nothing to do with age.

And I agree with the above post - I think Peter was using Telekinesis, not stopping time. I forget, has he ever met with Hiro? Not future Hiro, who may have been able to stop Peter from absorbing his powers (there has to be a way, I guess), but actual-timeline Hiro?

complich8
Wed, 02-21-2007, 10:25 PM
the way the barbs stopped was practically identical to the way the bullet reversed. Telekinesis would have been harder to do that with.

But whichever approach he used, I don't think he was consciously selecting the power to use either. It was just a reaction. Whether the reaction was to stop time watching for impending dangers, or to stop the impending dangers themselves, I don't think it matters.

I doubt there's any way to stop him from absorbing powers, other than perhaps not using them around him so he doesn't know about them. Don't know they're there, can't use them. That's my theory, anyway.

el_boss
Thu, 02-22-2007, 10:34 AM
the way the barbs stopped was practically identical to the way the bullet reversed. Telekinesis would have been harder to do that with.Also Bennet and Friend did not move for a extended period time. I don't think they just stood there and looked stupid while Peter was owning their needles.

darkshadow
Thu, 02-22-2007, 01:02 PM
I think they were more "suprised" then stuck in time, or can you explain to me why the needles lost all kinetic energy?, they didnt go back, or move on afterwards, they just dropped down.

el_boss
Thu, 02-22-2007, 01:39 PM
I think they were more "suprised" then stuck in time, or can you explain to me why the needles lost all kinetic energy?, they didnt go back, or move on afterwards, they just dropped down.That's what they want you to think. :P

Danad_corps
Fri, 02-23-2007, 01:19 AM
...or he could use 2 powers at once. He does have both of them and its up to him or his subconscious to choose whatever combinations it wants to do. Stopping time would not explain the loss of Kinetic Energy like "darkshadow" said. On the other hand, telekinesis would not explain the lack of motion of HRG and the Nigerian. Combination of both, however, solves both problems. He's healed while being invisible so there is not a lack of precedent.

gr3atfull
Sun, 02-25-2007, 10:08 PM
This was a great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got to know more about Mr. Bennet and the company he was working for. Also, we got to see Hiro when he was young with his gameboy. But, what was he and his father doing there? Is his father part of the Company or did he own the buildings there? Plus, we got to know the relationship with invisible man and HRG.

When the action was starting (after about the half of the show), it was so sad. Ted got shot by this random guy (is he Linderman?). Then, Mr. Bennet gets injured and loses his memory to save his daughter.

KitKat
Sun, 02-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Hurrah for 'special time slot' of this week's Heroes episode!

This was a great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got to know more about Mr. Bennet and the company he was working for. Also, we got to see Hiro when he was young with his gameboy. But, what was he and his father doing there? Is his father part of the Company or did he own the buildings there? Plus, we got to know the relationship with invisible man and HRG.

When the action was starting (after about the half of the show), it was so sad. Ted got shot by this random guy (is he Linderman?). Then, Mr. Bennet gets injured and loses his memory to save his daughter.

I think it was pretty obvious that Hiro's dad was in charge of this mysterious 'company'. If not the top guy, at least someone very high ranking. This begs the question: Does he have powers too, or is Hiro adopted? From what we've seen so far, it seems that abilities are passed down from the parents, so there's a chance he could have some powers too. But Little Hiro was so cute! From recent developments, I think perhaps his dad is having him watched, and not letting him run around freely as he supposed.

On a side note, the thinking in Japanese to confuse Matt was hilarious.

The backstory on Claire's dad was really nicely done. Having it in black and white was a neat effect. We're finally starting to have some things explained. As for the new person, he just seems like HRG's boss. I don't think he's Linderman. And sheesh, no wonder invisible guy is so bitter and angry.

Yukimura
Mon, 02-26-2007, 03:39 AM
That was awesome!! Even the part where Jean Grey went berserk and Wolverine had to take her down, that was some fine writing there, these guys are top shelf. ...

But seriously the back story was really well done, a new bad guy was introduced, HRG's people are ten times worse than I ever thought, not just tagging but dissecting people like lab animals, thats pretty uncool (though why they didn't immediately do that to Syler I have no idea). I really missed seeing all the other characters, but it was worth it to get all the back story and to see Sulu again. And all in all I like Claire's dad a lot more now, he took a bullet and memory wipe to save her, so though he's a dick, at least he's not so much a monster that he doesn't care about his own family.