Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

rockmanj
Wed, 10-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Check this out!!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x51/rockmanj/iqajnr.jpg

Peter's really a woman!!

animus
Wed, 10-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Lulz nice find. Seems to be a really silly thing to overlook.

Mizuchi
Fri, 10-26-2007, 07:45 PM
wait is West the same actor as clark from smallville? because if he is, thats a cool idea how it was like a replica of when jor-el flew lana's ancestor into the sky in that episode of smallville where clark sees the past in visions.

Munsu
Fri, 10-26-2007, 07:57 PM
You're blind.

Eddie_Brock
Fri, 10-26-2007, 08:02 PM
little bit late but this was nice, i really like parkman's dad, he looks like the clown from spawn.i hope peter will stop acting like a wuss after what happened and go start being a bad ass.That sharingan chick is cool, she got the potential to be a kick ass character

@ mizuchi, nope he is definitely not clark from smallvile

edit munsu beat me to it :D

KitKat
Fri, 10-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah, this episode really started to pick things up a notch. Parkman's dad is the total sleazebag after all. That was a pretty awesome scene. I'm interested to see how his powers develop. It looks like he's gained the ability to project things into other people's minds, which could come in very handy. And if Matt's powers are changing and evolving, maybe we'll see some of the same from other characters.

Munsu
Tue, 10-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Yesterday's episode was great, the story progressed nicely I'd say. The creator says that episode 7-11 will be the best episode of the series he has done so far, so we should get rewarded a lot for this slow start to the season, which to be fair, has been the nature of the show since the first episode.

kAi
Wed, 10-31-2007, 03:36 AM
Yeah, that last episode seemed to set a faster pace from now on. Sylar in the car with them is cool and his going over to see his old friend Suresh. I wonder how he's going to get help there, wonder if he'll start working for the company just so he can get more powers.

I also liked the conversation between Alejandro and Sylar, about how when he gets his powers back, he's going to kill them and take theirs.

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-31-2007, 01:49 PM
I liked the part right after that so much more. To paraphrase, "Either way, your sister is developing quite nicely." Sylar knows that even if he doesn't get his powers back, he has been influencing Maya further and further down "his path."

He's more than happy to use his real name, Gabriel, with her, since he only gains further influence over her. She's very religious, and clearly sees him as her savior and guide to the elder Saresh (whom he wisely neglected to point out is dead).

It's a very interesting sub plot, Sylar quietly raising his protege.

KitKat
Wed, 10-31-2007, 04:12 PM
I thought it was hilarious how Hiro stopped time to think about whether or not he should kiss Yaeko. Looks like it had worse consequences than he'd thought. Kensei is not happy. I've had a running debate with my brother about whether or not Hiro is actually Kensei as history knows him. He's been adamant that Hiro is Kensei, but I've stuck to my theory that Hiro only helps out and Kensei actually becomes the legend as known in history. After tonight's episode, his theory is certainly starting to become more valid than mine. It'll take a lot for Kensei to redeem himself after this.

And Claire....well, regardless of how boozed-up that head cheerleader girl was, her statement is likely now on police record. Even this much could be really dangerous to Claire. So much for staying under the radar. You know, I kindof want her to get caught, just so that creepy West can realize that it's all his fault, and if he hadn't interfered, she would have been safe.

I also agree that the Alehandro-Maja-Sylar plot is getting more and more interesting, especially with the tension rising between the men, and Maja slowly being corrupted by Sylar's ideas.

Turkish-S
Thu, 11-01-2007, 01:18 PM
What happened to the people around maya when she was a baby...? she never cried?

Munsu
Thu, 11-01-2007, 01:31 PM
What happened with the people around Ted when he was a kid? Did he never get angry?

PSJ
Thu, 11-01-2007, 04:42 PM
It's pretty obvious that the powers doesn't show themselves at birth since Matt got his as an adult and most of them for that matter........ What we know anyway.

I would really like to know more about that Electric girl who was hunting Peter down and i also want to know what Petrelli mom can do if she can do anything at all.

I would have to agree that West is creepy and pretty dumb, shouldn't the Company keep an eye on him since they got him marked? Maybe he even works for them or something, as an informer. I also would love to see his face when/if he ever meets Claire's dad, he is really kickass this season. Could there be any connection between the Petrelli's and West? Since Nathan and West got the same kind of power or is it just a coincidence?

The thing to remember with Claire though is that she is only 16, there isn't a single 16 year old that got his/her head on straight. I liked to see some underage drinking though, i have no idea how common it is for 16 year olds to drink in the US but since the captain of the cheersquad was the only one i assume that it is pretty uncommon.

joker-kun
Thu, 11-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Maybe the white Kensei will be the current day villain. We don't know whether or not his power is immune to disease or old age as well...

Who is this new guy by the way? The one on the folder that Shuresh seen and then he left his name on the note to Peter as if he knew him. (I think it was Adam or something).

Yukimura
Fri, 11-02-2007, 04:32 PM
i have no idea how common it is for 16 year olds to drink in the US but since the captain of the cheersquad was the only one i assume that it is pretty uncommon.

Drinking is fairly ommon for American high schoolers living in and around big cities, though the degree can vary greatly from person to person. The captain of the squad is much more retarded than most American teenagers I knew, since as she brought hard liquor to school property while doing illegal hazing on new recruits. Usually when an upper-middle class high school clique is having a big hazing event they don't do it at the school they do it at someone's house.

rockmanj
Sat, 11-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Maybe the white Kensei will be the current day villain. We don't know whether or not his power is immune to disease or old age as well...

Who is this new guy by the way? The one on the folder that Shuresh seen and then he left his name on the note to Peter as if he knew him. (I think it was Adam or something).

Adam Monroe....We don't want to know

Knives122
Mon, 11-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Btw to all you nubasaurs Heroes ends with a season finale in a month due to strike:

The link says it may, but the strike happened sunday so yeah. (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6490)

joker-kun
Mon, 11-05-2007, 10:03 PM

Well it looks like I was right... Guess there's no need to call him Kensei anymore. He's Adam Monroe now.

FullMetalAlchemist
Mon, 11-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Well it looks like I was right... Guess there's no need to call him Kensei anymore. He's Adam Monroe now.

I had the smae feeling lol when i saw that i shouted "Iknew it" man sometimes i think i can write for the shows (wish i could since the bastards are going on strike, we might not get the extra episodes now >.<). His mom should have told him more cause now it seems adam is going to use him for his plans. and it looks like the pread of the disease starts with nikki now >.< her character sucks.

Im still wondering how syler will play into all of this and mya, time will tell hopefully we will get something on that the next episode.

Idealistic
Mon, 11-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Mya's powers are so corny. How does she kill them? I thought when she stops, the black stuff disappears from the other people too and they come back to life?

Anyways, so did Kensei turn into the Adam today because of Hiro? Being an evil guy now. At least I think he's evil. I still don't trust that Bob guy. And I agree, Nikki's character sucks so much. What other powers could Adam possibly have that he can control Parkman's father? Well not control, but use him as a puppet or something.

From the paintings, it looks like somebody shot Claire's father through the eye. I'm not sure if it's Suresh or if it's going to be Bob though. Heck, it might even be West.

And one more thing,I really hate the drama of Claire's high school life. Kills the mood of the show for me.

Yukimura
Mon, 11-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I would think you can recover from whatever it is she does if you're not dead when she finally stops. But of you are exposed too long you die and then stay dead.

And how can Kensei/Adam have weather manipulation powers as well as regeneration. If he's like Peter and can absorb other powers then he shouldn't need Peter, so I'm confused. And what's up with Surresh...is he so crazy that he's willing to compromise his lofty 'morals' and use Clare as a guinea pig just because she's Bennet's daughter? Or is he just such an idiot he hasn't considered she might not want to be experimented on.

Munsu
Mon, 11-05-2007, 11:19 PM
The way I interpreted it was that Adam had someone under his control that caused a tsunami, then some other person used the tsunami to make it snow instead.

Assassin
Mon, 11-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Hmm, thats interesting. My interpretation was that there was a tsunami, and the original 12 managed to stop it, under the guidance of adam/kensie....and thats how they initially came together and decided they could help humanity. So that snowfall headline was sort of where it all began.

Mohinder is just being stupid now, but i dont know what to make of the company. Obviously they're not the greatest of people, but we know for sure now that adam is up to no good. So now im thinking that the company is actually 'the good guys', just with a slightly twisted outlook and questionable morals.

Also, anyone else thing that Kaito Nakamura's killer wasn't parkman's father, but adam? Cuz that person jumped off the ledge along with kaito, and we know it wasn't in his head cuz Ando saw him too. Adam is the logical choice, since he would just walk away from it, and he also has a grudge against kaito, being hiro's father and all. Makes the whole 'i'll make you suffer' thing make sense.

All in all, a very interesting episode. Loved every minute of it. Even the emotional stuff between parkman/his father and hiro/yahiko was good. I wonder how adam escaped though.

FullMetalAlchemist
Tue, 11-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Hmm, thats interesting. My interpretation was that there was a tsunami, and the original 12 managed to stop it, under the guidance of adam/kensie....and thats how they initially came together and decided they could help humanity. So that snowfall headline was sort of where it all began.

Mohinder is just being stupid now, but i dont know what to make of the company. Obviously they're not the greatest of people, but we know for sure now that adam is up to no good. So now im thinking that the company is actually 'the good guys', just with a slightly twisted outlook and questionable morals.

Also, anyone else thing that Kaito Nakamura's killer wasn't parkman's father, but adam? Cuz that person jumped off the ledge along with kaito, and we know it wasn't in his head cuz Ando saw him too. Adam is the logical choice, since he would just walk away from it, and he also has a grudge against kaito, being hiro's father and all. Makes the whole 'i'll make you suffer' thing make sense.

All in all, a very interesting episode. Loved every minute of it. Even the emotional stuff between parkman/his father and hiro/yahiko was good. I wonder how adam escaped though.

Didn't have to escape, probably just healed. Most likely need to cut off his head to kill him completely. I agree with u when u say adam killed nakamura, but they screwed up cause i remember him say "i would have never thought it was you" when he saw who was gonna kill him. but then bob knows it was him and not parkmans dad from the start (because of locking him up and all,and parkmans dad being a tool), makes no sense IMO.

Munsu
Tue, 11-06-2007, 06:17 AM

Well, whatever the case may be, I doubt Adam caused any of the weather effects. Also, it can be just about anyone that killed Nakamura, if Bob was controlling his thoughts. I think Peter can be a likely candidate. But Adam can be the one that killed him, and the reason he said "I would have never thought it was you" was because Adam should've been in some sort of prison all this time.

Turkish-S
Tue, 11-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Sooooo... How does a guy without any powers but regeneration escape from a prisson. I think since adam is alive for a fucking long time. He has uber perfected his ability's. Thus making him powerfull enough to escape.. But how much can you upgrade healing?

Knives122
Tue, 11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Hmm by learning how to die and come back to life. Plus it's not like he didn't have help.(Linderman, Maury)

But none of that matters, what does is how is Adam going to use Peter to "change history"? Time travel, using him to absorb the virus and become a walking plague? So many questions and so little time(thanks a lot you fucking strike).

Also, looking at the pictures the person Mohinder shoots could be HRG.

Turkish-S
Tue, 11-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Hmm by learning how to die and come back to life. Plus it's not like he didn't have help.(Linderman, Maury)

But none of that matters, what does is how is Adam going to use Peter to "change history"? Time travel, using him to absorb the virus and become a walking plague? So many questions and so little time(thanks a lot you fucking strike).

They want us to think mohinder is going to shoot HGR (what was his real name again?) But i think it will be someone else.

Munsu
Tue, 11-06-2007, 12:15 PM

This has nothing to do with the strike, this arc was going to be wrapped up in 11 episodes anyways.

Knives122
Tue, 11-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Volume 2 was going to end by ep. 11, but the strike stopped production so they turned into a finale for the season. I highly doubt the end of the episode(11) will be ending anything having to do with the virus or Adam plots.

joker-kun
Tue, 11-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I think Mohinder still knows what he's doing, he's just trying to get even more of Bob's trust. I doubt he's the one who shoots Bennet. It's too obvious for Heroes. Also I agree with Bud about Adam not being the one who controls weather. He was probably just another on of Adam's desciples. Same for whoever killed Kaito. Remember, there is still like 4 or 5 people from the picture that havn't been explained.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 11-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Sooooo... How does a guy without any powers but regeneration escape from a prisson. I think since adam is alive for a fucking long time. He has uber perfected his ability's. Thus making him powerfull enough to escape.. But how much can you upgrade healing?

Its not just healing it is regeneration. And think about it, the only reason you really age is because your cells have to split in half to reconstruct themselves after being damaged or old. But if you have regeneration as a power it isnt hard to assume that a certain level of immortality could be achieved.

Yukimura
Thu, 11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
What is regeneration but extremely rapid cell division (healing) to repair any macroscopic problems like a piece of wood in your skull or a burned hand? The trick is that normally cells couldn't maintain that level of replication forever without eventually reaching a preprogrammed replication limit.

The reason people age is because most of our cells have this built in copy limit in the form of junk bits of DNA at the tips of DNA strands. Once a cell's DNA runs out of this 'padding' it is supposed to stop replicating and just die, if it doesn't the cell division process would rip up the important DNA and cause mutations. Once enough cells in your body are at their copy limit your body would start to slowly fall apart since it couldn't repair itself effectively.

The cells of fictional regenerators have to have the ability to create more padding for their DNA and thus they should be able to keep perfectly replicating themselves forever. In this situation there shouldn't really be much deterioration over time (aging) as long as the person stays healthy and properly nourished.

KitKat
Sun, 11-11-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm still wondering about Mama Petrelli's power. They made it look like she used some sort of power on Peter in the future to make him remember her. He didn't regain his full memory it seems like, though, just snapshots of his mom. All in all, very mysterious.

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-11-2007, 08:55 AM
To me it seemed like Peter remembered everything, not just the stuff about her. I would guess that she has powers over memory, much like the Haitian does. If that were true, she would have had to been the one to steal his memory in the first place.

If it wasn't her, they the only memories of his she could transfer over would be the ones with her in them (she wouldn't know about any others because she wasn't there). My guess is that the ones she gave him triggered the rest.

I just hope Peter is able to get Kaitlin back. Kinda a bad place for her to be...

rockmanj
Sun, 11-11-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm glad he left her there. She was terrible in a myriad of ways.

Yukimura
Mon, 11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
She may have been annoying but she had an interesting accent and hips that don't lie. I certainly won't miss her attitude but I will miss the voice and the scenes of her walking away.

Munsu
Mon, 11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
I would've thought that if he remembered everything, he would have better control of his powers, unless he didn't know how to use Hiro's power yet. He still seemed like he didn't have control, so I wonder what "I remember everything" meant.

Yukimura
Mon, 11-12-2007, 11:24 PM
I was under the impression that the Haitiian's power suppression was passive and he didn't have conscious control over it but Elle seemed to demonstrate that this is not the case. Very confusing, but I guess it would make sense that he'd learn to control it. And the Haitiian's plan seemed fairly stupid, wiping Peter's memory obviously wouldn't take away his powers so while he'd get to start over again eventually his powers would manifest again and he wouldn't know enough to keep a low profile. Thus The Company would just track him down again.

Peters escape did lack a lot of foresight (invisibility, flight, or time-stop would have been very useful while the Haittian was still far away). However one of the more recent comics does give a pretty good explanation of why the use of those might not have occurred to him.

Munsu
Tue, 11-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Maybe the reason he didn't use his powers was because the Haitian was around surpressing it? We don't know the range of his powers, and I really don't remember Peter having that big of a lead at any point.

complich8
Tue, 11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
I have to wonder ...

if Peter's got the power to obtain other people's abilities by mere presence, and the Haitian has the power to suppress other people's abilities, does that mean Peter can now also, if he figures out how to, suppress other people's abilities by virtue of having been in close quarters with the Haitian? Or did the Haitian's suppression powers take precedence and keep Peter from absorbing them?

In other words, which one of them is more absurdly overpowered: the guy who absorbs everything or the guy who can dampen everything?

Munsu
Tue, 11-13-2007, 06:31 PM
I guess the question would also be, was the Haitian always surpressing his powers while around him. But seeing how he's basically using his powers to remember things, as far as I understand, then he did absorb it.

rockmanj
Wed, 11-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm guessing that since the Hatian's power suppression chiefly works on powers that involvle concentration, that Peter does have his power, as Peter's "empathy" power is passive. In theory, he should be able to recall the Hatian's power..but then again, it's all according to the whims of the writers.

Assassin
Wed, 11-14-2007, 01:20 AM
empathy power?

rockmanj
Wed, 11-14-2007, 02:19 AM
That is the technical term for his power: Empathic Mimicry http://heroeswiki.com/Peter http://heroeswiki.com/Empathic_mimicry

Yukimura
Wed, 11-14-2007, 10:50 AM
I really would like them to clear that up, since it would go a long way to concretely clearing up whether the Haitians dampening is actually targeted.

Elle's lightning bolt seems enough proof to me that he can choose to exclude people from the effect, and since Bud is always right it must be the case that Peter's powers were suppressed the whole time he was running away from the Haitian. Since Peter was so much further from the Haitian than Elle was when the chase began and he didn't turn invisible or fly away I am inclined to believe the Haitian has learned to target his suppression in the same way he learned to target specific memories. If this is the case then Peter should naturally absorb the ability if he ever got close to the Haitian at a time when the Haitian wasn't focused on suppressing his powers. Does anyone remember Peter and the Haitian ever meeting/being near one another without the Haitian knowing?

Munsu
Wed, 11-14-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't recall them ever been together, but who knows if in any of those secret meetings the Haitian and the mom have had throughout the years if Peter was ever near him at any point. Maybe they've met a ton of times, and he has simply erased Peter's memory. But Peter with that power, he really becomes overpowered... he'd be unstoppable. But the twist is, that he's now under Adam's command, so him being overpowered is not really a good thing at the moment.

Assassin
Thu, 11-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, there was that time, when he was learning how to control his powers with claude....bennett and the haitian tried to tazer him, and he stopped time. The hatian wasn't close enough to use his powers obviously, so if peter's range is bigger then the haitians, he would've absorbed his powers during that scuffle.

Munsu
Thu, 11-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Well, there was that time, when he was learning how to control his powers with claude....bennett and the haitian tried to tazer him, and he stopped time. The hatian wasn't close enough to use his powers obviously, so if peter's range is bigger then the haitians, he would've absorbed his powers during that scuffle.
Unless he wanted him to escape... remember he was helping his mom.

Turkish-S
Fri, 11-16-2007, 09:14 AM
In other words, which one of them is more absurdly overpowered: the guy who absorbs everything or the guy who can dampen everything?

Haitian+gun>all - gunX
random guy with no powers + 2gun>haitian

Munsu
Mon, 11-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Great episode tonight, these last couple of episodes should be quite good full of action and revelations. Fucking strike better end soon, they are meeting again on Nov. 26.

Yukimura
Tue, 11-20-2007, 01:19 AM
Heroes is so awesome again, I've almost completely forgotten the garbage of the early part of the season now. So much of what I've wanted to see happen happened in this ep. Elle got humiliated (and shot), Mohinder got cracked in the face again (though it made him even more stupid), Clare suffered thanks to her stupid "I'm so fucking smart because I'm 16" attitude, and HRG lives! The only thing missing was Wes and Mohinder dying. I can't imagine how they're going to cram an ending into two more episodes but I suspect a cliffhanger and the tag line for next season being "Who is Victoria Platt (or whatever her name is)?"

Assassin
Tue, 11-20-2007, 03:07 AM
awesome ep indeed. In the next 2 episodes, heores should probably track down kensie, and then him and peter mite have a small show down. like yuki said, the next season will probably combine the plague/victoria pratt/kensie storylines.

I still dont know how the sylar and monica storylines fit into all this....i just hope they drop teh sylar story line, its completely horrible.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 11-20-2007, 07:53 AM
I was under the impression that this wasnt the SEASON Finale coming up, but rather a midwinter break of sorts. And I did think that it was predictable that Noah was healed with the blood. Sweet storyline about Hiro though, glad that they didnt try to say that seeing himself would "throw off the whole space time continuim." And as much as I dont like West's storyline about him just happening to be talking to Claire on the first day and them finding out about one another. I still like him. I still want to know what Mamma Petrelli's power is, Kaito's for that matter too.

Yukimura
Tue, 11-20-2007, 11:52 AM
The writers strike has forced the production to shut down early so while this was supposed to be a midseason break episode they're calling it the season finale. Hopefully, if the strike ends soon, they'll be able to bring it back before summer but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Turkish-S
Tue, 11-20-2007, 05:43 PM
And I did think that it was predictable that Noah was healed with the blood. .

I don't think that's clair's blood but adams. with adam, HRG and peter the anti company alliance is unstopable..

joker-kun
Wed, 11-21-2007, 04:16 PM
I thought Noah being healed was stupid. I didn't want him to die, but basically what that episode showed was that anyone can be brought back to life using whoever's blood it was (Probably Claire's, but I guess there's the chance it's Adam's). Their regeneration power should not have the ability to bring someone back from the dead (except for maybe themselves). If so what's there from stopping something stupid like a zmobie army? I hope it can be explained like if you use it in a certain amount of time after their death and they don't die of natural causes you're okay. Anything more is retarded.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 11-21-2007, 11:49 PM
I think that even the blood cant save everyone from the Shanti Virus. The virus neutralizes abilities in the blood, so therefore, the healing blood would be useless.

And yes, Noah coming back like that made his death to save Claire a worthless

Psyke
Thu, 11-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Mohinder goes into reflective mode, asked Elle how many people she's killed, wanted to negotiate with Noah, and then after a bashing by him shoots him in the head? Can't he aim for a less lethal spot, considering he was just steps away? It seemed like a forced way to ensure that Issac's paintings became true.

On another note.... I'm still wondering how you do blood transfusion on a dead person.

toonice714
Fri, 11-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Ive been noticing that everybody has been getting "lv2's" to thier initial powers. Do you think the advances in their powers can be copied by sylar or absorbed by peter? If so that would be gay. They sould make a limit as to how much power can be absorbed so hartman can keep his power up. He is better than hiro at this point. He can put people in a nightmare, tell them what to do(to an extent seemingly), and read thier minds!! All of which can be done from a distance. Matt and his dad sont even have to see their target which is even crazier.

btw wasnt sure if i shouldve made another thread for this but sorry for going so far off topic.

btw .........uh WORST WEDDING EVER.

rockmanj
Fri, 11-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, Sylar might be able to use stolen powers at an advanced level, due to the nature of his original power; 'intuitive aptitude'. His power allows him to understand how things work almost immediately. For instance, he has a very high mastery over telekinesis, way more than Brian Davis (the guy he stole it from). So I think Sylar would be able to used the so called 'advanced levels' of a power, because he would understand how it works.

Peter, on the other hand would probably have to practice extensively, and maybe then it wouldn't make a difference, unless he comes to understand the nature of the powers. The thing about Peter is, that his ability is built on emotion, which can be unpredictable, and thusly could affect his control. Sylar's is built on logic, and therefore is more stable, which would allow him to build on what he knows more easily than Peter.

P.S. And its "Parkman"

toonice714
Sat, 11-24-2007, 07:46 PM
oops i knew that.

Jessper
Mon, 11-26-2007, 08:18 PM
I thought Noah being healed was stupid. I didn't want him to die, but basically what that episode showed was that anyone can be brought back to life using whoever's blood it was (Probably Claire's, but I guess there's the chance it's Adam's). Their regeneration power should not have the ability to bring someone back from the dead (except for maybe themselves). If so what's there from stopping something stupid like a zmobie army? I hope it can be explained like if you use it in a certain amount of time after their death and they don't die of natural causes you're okay. Anything more is retarded.

Hiro almost brought his father back from death. In a show where time travel is possible it seems that using their blood to bring people back should be a non-issue.

The blood transfusion thing is a decent point but it really doesn't matter. Bob has endless money, if he wanted to he could have contracted some sort of device to pump blood to move it through the body and thus bring him back to life. Assuming something like that doesn't exist already. In a show where people throw lightning bolts from their hands I give them a bit of leeway with oddities like this. =P

I'm pretty psyched about the Adam Monroe deal, I think he will be a very interesting character and probably the only decent one that was added this season.

Yukimura
Mon, 11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Blood transfusions have been common for quite some time (at least before WWII). As to the blood healing, it would make sense that a body that's not completely dead (every single cell has died) could be revived with hyper regeneration powers (I'm guessing Clare and Adam's blood is filled with hyperactive Stem Cells or something along those lines). Thus you take a body that's been 'dead' for a few hours toss in some super stem cells and they match to the cells that make up the dead body, fix it up and 'revive' it. Good times.

EDIT

Hiro vs Peter awesomeness. Though Hiro shouldn't really stand a chance I would think.

And oh my God I haven't been so excited to see a character die for as long as I can remember. I hope we get to watch Syler munch on Maya's brain while she's still conscious enough to know how retarded she is. Turning her back on her own twin for some shmuck she found in the desert...

But misleading good people seems to be the theme of this season. Peter and Mohinder are also idiots, with Mohinder being the worst because the evidence stares him in the face and he just ignores it. Peter is convinced that b/c he was unjustly locked up Adam must have been unjustly locked up too. I guess it never occurred to him that even evil people can make good decisions or there might be people even more evil than others, his rude awakening and the knowledge that it's all his fault will be enough recompense.

My predictions for the finalé , Peter gets his hands on the virus but finally wises up once it's too late and Adam makes him drop the vial, Hiro stops time just in time to stop it from spreading but after it's already broken open, then he collect the virus (thus exposing himself) and takes it somewhere safe. Somehow Nathan goes public (this seems like a shoehorning) with the Heroness pissing Bob off. Mohinder foolishly tells Syler about the cure instead of saying i have no idea what's wrong with you, Syler and he fight, Maya dies in the process, Syler limps away with the blood, injects himself, does a Magneto in X-Men 3 and fade to black. Oh and somewhere in there Nicki hulks up and kicks some thug ass to get Micha's cousin back.

Board of Command
Tue, 11-27-2007, 01:05 AM
That last scene of Hiro charging at Peter with the sword was ridiculous, as in ridiculously bad.

kAi
Tue, 11-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Thank god Alejandro is dead. He annoyed the shit out of me.

I liked how Sylar went to extremes to get the trust of Maya and makes her see the brother differently, smart. Such a good character.

Hiro should've teleported that shit and slit Peter's throat, Peter doesn't have control, otherwise he would've been able to go get his girl.

I'm wondering how they are going to play Bennett now?

Assassin
Tue, 11-27-2007, 01:47 AM
worst episode ever.

Ryllharu
Tue, 11-27-2007, 12:37 PM
worst episode ever.
Wrong. That title belongs to the episode where West first flew Claire in the clouds and onto the Hollywood sign. Or pretty much any other episode where Claire was secretly dating West.

Sylar alone made this episode great. The rest...maybe you're right (Hiro certainly is stupidly charging at Peter, even when he knows he's lost the advantage of stopping time). The way Sylar seduced and twisted Maya was fantastic writing and acting though.

PSJ
Tue, 11-27-2007, 04:16 PM
The only good things about this episode was Sylar and Monroe.

Knives122
Tue, 11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
I didn't find anything good about this episode it was overall bad. So bad that I walked up and left the room when the Niki parts were going on. It was just a incoherent episode.

Also, too bad Peter doesn't have mind reading powers, he could've really used those when he couldn't decide who was lying between Victoria and Adam.......

animus
Tue, 11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Meowr, cat fight.

rockmanj
Tue, 11-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Also, too bad Peter doesn't have mind reading powers, he could've really used those when he couldn't decide who was lying between Victoria and Adam.......

What are you talking about? He read Victoria's mind at one point in the episode. I guess he just trusts everything Adam says...

Knives122
Tue, 11-27-2007, 10:09 PM
What are you talking about? He read Victoria's mind at one point in the episode. I guess he just trusts everything Adam says...

He has the power to read minds and he just uses them to find out where the virus wass. He doesn't bother to look for more information nor does he check to see if what the people around him are actually telling the truth.

He's being completely closed minded on this entire topic(he is clearly not thinking).

He could've done a lot more with his power to prevent what happened in that house. (note the sarcastic comment I wrote.)

Phoenix20578
Tue, 11-27-2007, 11:31 PM
He has the power to read minds and he just uses them to find out where the virus wass. He doesn't bother to look for more information nor does he check to see if what the people around him are actually telling the truth.

He's being completely closed minded on this entire topic(he is clearly not thinking).

He could've done a lot more with his power to prevent what happened in that house. (note the sarcastic comment I wrote.)

Well hopefully the fight he is about to have with Hiro will open his eyes a little, or a lot since im will Knives on this one. He completely fails to realize that Adam is using him at this point, as did the rest of the company at one point or another.

God damn it stop digging those plot holes bigger than they already are! lol

kAi
Wed, 11-28-2007, 12:08 AM
What's the extent of Peter's mind reading power?
Can't he only read what the person is thinking?

Adam might be really good with hiding what he's thinking, he's had plenty of time.

rockmanj
Wed, 11-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Yea, I think Peter's powers are pretty basic, since he doesn't really practice all that often.

FullMetalAlchemist
Wed, 11-28-2007, 12:16 AM
I can give peter a pass on trusting adam so much, miya is a diffretn story. peter was imprisoned witht the guy and he pretty much got him out for one, plus peter has this chick lost in the future so all thats on his mind really is destroying the virus, also his mind reading seemed weak since it took him awhile and when u hear it it kinda sounded broken up,

miya on the other hand pretty much left her brother for some guy she doesn't know, believed sylars story on why he killed hios mother without even questioning it at all, but not listening to her brother when he said he didnt hate her lol.

Assassin
Wed, 11-28-2007, 12:30 AM
The way Sylar seduced and twisted Maya was fantastic writing and acting though.

uhh....no? That was one of, if not the worst part of the episode. Hell, the entire series. It was nothing if not crappy writing. We all agree what a dumb move it was for maya to trust sylar over her twin, but who is maya? just an actor who reads what the writers hand her.

It was incredibly horrible writing, and a cheap way of getting rid of alehandro while getting sylar close to maya. They spent lik 7 episodes showing the 3 of them in the car, and then in 4 mins, they kill off her twin and maya/sylar are all buddy buddy.

darkmetal505
Wed, 11-28-2007, 01:54 AM
I hate parts in the show where a character is just downright stupid:

Like Hiro saying

"Oh, you are on Adam's side? Then you are in my way"

instead of

"I went back in time and I found out Adam is going to release a deadly virus!"

I think Peter is more prone to believe Hiro because he has regained his memory and therefore trusts him.

What the hell Hiro? Charging at Peter? Can't you just teleport behind Adam and chop of his head? Oh yea, that would be too easy.

animus
Wed, 11-28-2007, 08:39 AM
I was surprised they killed off Alejandro. I thought he'd be a central character, but I guess not now. Did he ever have any special powers or was he just the one Maya trusted enough to end her Epidemic-kill Everyone Bloody Eye state? Cause I was thinking he might've had regenerative powers too and was expecting him to pop up any minute alive and kicking.

And yeah, the Maya -> Sylar was the shittiest writing imaginable. "YES, YES I UNDERSTAND YOU I WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING." No questions asked, it's still your mother.

Phoenix20578
Fri, 11-30-2007, 10:44 AM
I hate parts in the show where a character is just downright stupid:

Like Hiro saying

"Oh, you are on Adam's side? Then you are in my way"

instead of

"I went back in time and I found out Adam is going to release a deadly virus!"

What the hell Hiro? Charging at Peter? Can't you just teleport behind Adam and chop of his head? Oh yea, that would be too easy.

Ok, first, remember that Hiro isnt thinking rationally. His father was just killed by Adam. Second, in Hiro's mind, Peter is now his enemy for reasons I already said. If he is with Adam now, Peter will therefore protect him from Hiro. Therefore Hiro has to take out Peter first.

Idealistic
Sat, 12-01-2007, 05:02 AM
Meowr, cat fight.

Sooooooooo sexy. :D

I haven't seen the last 3 episodes and just caught up today on nbc.com. Kristin Bell.... Just wow...

I'm still trying to figure out, did Adam turn out the way he did because of what Hiro did in the past or was he just like that. I'm not sure if they have mentioned that.

How many episodes are left? 2? 1?

rockmanj
Sun, 12-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Only one. the finale is tomorrow (December 3rd)

Munsu
Mon, 12-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Good shit tonight.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 12-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Just saw the finale.

Agree with Bud. Good shit.

Assassin
Tue, 12-04-2007, 12:41 AM
it was good up until sylar fucking escaped....AGAIN. seriously, who announces thier enterance in a hostage situation? once again, thats just bad writing and a cheesy way to keep sylar alive for next season.

Hiro's revenge was pretty bad ass....morbid and ironic. And it sucks that nathan is dead. im pretty sure if peter had just bled on him, he mite have lived. on the one hand its lame, not on the other hand its also logical.

Gotta admit, micha has one of the best powers ever....as he gets older, he can like do anything he wants as long as he has a smart phone in his hand. im not sad to see nikki go, but im still confused about the monica storyline...it doesn't really tie in to the over all story. or maybe thats cuz of the strike and possible re-writes

Phoenix20578
Tue, 12-04-2007, 11:43 AM
it was good up until sylar fucking escaped....AGAIN. seriously, who announces thier enterance in a hostage situation?

Clearly Elle does. I think thats just part of her personality though. She seems like to type to shout random shit out at people, causing her to lose the element of surprise.

im not sad to see nikki go

How could you say that? Nikki has one of the most developed personalities and bg stories in the series. I will miss Nikki when the writers strike is over.

After that, I found it clever how they hid who dies. They advertise that 2 heroes die, then they "killed" Maya. And in the last 5 min, they kill Nathan and Nikki.

Ryllharu
Tue, 12-04-2007, 02:40 PM
After that, I found it clever how they hid who dies. They advertise that 2 heroes die, then they "killed" Maya. And in the last 5 min, they kill Nathan and Nikki.
I completely forgot about that right after they advertised it. From Peter surviving the explosion to Bennet being brought back by Mohinder via Claire's blood, I just didn't take it seriously.

Nikki was pretty much going to die anyway though. Mohinder got to New Orleans (or at least was on his way to the airport) and then immediately ignored her when he got Sylar's call. To top it all off he lost the blood anyway.

Nice that Issue 3 is entitled "Villains." Hopefully we'll get to learn more about the generation previous. If Mrs. Petrelli is one of the only ones left (with Bob) who else could be pulling strings from the shadows?

Hiro's revenge was the best, despite being a little inaccurate (Japan doesn't use coffins, 99.82% of all deceased Japanese are cremated). I'm more than happy to let that go for the poetic justice of it.

Munsu
Tue, 12-04-2007, 03:28 PM
They actually use coffins... that they are cremated or buried with the coffin is another matter entirely.

Still... the fact that he was buried alive pretty much makes the "inaccuracy" meaningless because I'm sure it's not customary in Japan to bury people alive.

FullMetalAlchemist
Tue, 12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Why is the company so stupid? instead of just killing sylar they injected him with the virus so he wouldn't have powers, with the chance of getting a cure someday. Then they hire mohinder to make a cure in the end lol which sylar gets. Anyone else thinks it was noah who killed nathan. Wtf is up with there mom, seemed like she didn't care about nathan getting killed, im Guessing peter getting more serious and taking people out, hopefully.

Yukimura
Tue, 12-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Other than Elle, the second coming of Naruto and having to deal with more of Peter being a total retard I thought it was pretty good. Peter: He used his blood to save my brother, that means there's no way that all the other people who told you he was bad news could possibly be right.... I think they purposefully make him stupid just because he'd be too powerful and badass if he actually used his brain.

I'd love to know how Hiro managed to teleport into and out of a coffin but I'm not too worried about it since the result is what counts. Still that's a hell of a way to kill someone. I mean, would he suffocat or die of carbon dioxide poisoning or just die of thirst? My money's on suffocation but i'm not really sure at all, dirt seems porous so maybe enough oxygen would get down to the coffin for him to survive until the CO2 built up. But then maybe enough would leak out of the coffin for him to breath normally, in which case he'd just die from lack of water.

Sylar getting his powers back is annoying, but at least he's a somewhat entertaining villian with his off the top craziness. I have a feeling one of the two dead Heroes will not stay dead, I just hope it's Nathan and not Nicki. Without Jessica and her strength Nicki would just be a generic struggling single mom character, and I think that would be fairly boring compared to the lives lead by the other cast members.

And if what Parkman said is true the only people left from the original Company are Bob and Mrs. Petrelli, so will they go back to Sylar as the primary antagonist or will we get an even bigger evil antagonist...U.S. Government perhaps!?

Narasho
Tue, 12-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Why can't Peter use his own blood to save his brother? I always thought since he had the regeneration ability himself, his own blood would work just as well as anyone else who had that ability...

Munsu
Tue, 12-04-2007, 06:07 PM
That he acquired the ability, it doesn't mean that his blood will behave the same way. As for why Sylar was not killed, the company wanted to study him, etc. He escaped from them, it's not like they let him roam around because they thought he was harmless.

As for Noah killing Nathan, it's surely possible... though I don't think he was in the same state as them, so I guess it'll depend if they made him travel or not. Also, the person walking away from the scene doesn't have the same physical body as he would have, so the way it looks right now, he isn't.

Hiro or Peter should get Nikki's kid, and make him grow up in another time line and then bring him back to the present when he's older. I hate little kids.

FullMetalAlchemist
Tue, 12-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Other than Elle, the second coming of Naruto and having to deal with more of Peter being a total retard I thought it was pretty good. Peter: He used his blood to save my brother, that means there's no way that all the other people who told you he was bad news could possibly be right.... I think they purposefully make him stupid just because he'd be too powerful and badass if he actually used his brain.

so you wouldn't trust the guy who saved a family members life that u loved? the guy who preety much got u out of that jail. I would trust that person a hell of alot more then then parkman or hiro, since all hiro said is adam killed his father so he was going to kill him. I would trust the guy more then the people who created the virus and didn't destroy it (ie: hiro's father and that red head chick i forgot her name). Plus he is thinking about what has happened in the future and what his mother said, and not to mention his woman being stuck in 2008. the human mind is pretty weak when someone u love is in danger or was in danger, not to mention the fate of the world.

Ryllharu
Tue, 12-04-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't buy that. Peter listened to the greaser-future version of Hiro without any doubt last season. That was pretty much an crazy prophesy at the time. The whole "save the cheerleader" line. He should have trusted Hiro over someone he didn't know until recently.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 12-04-2007, 07:07 PM
I think that Elle is going to be a cooler character now. Seems to me like she has gotten a taste of doing the right thing and having people thank her. She really smiled when Mohinder showed apprieciation for saving them. I think that she is going to turn a new leave and help people for a while, and then get all mad and start fucking people up again. And I think that Claire might step in to save Nathan. I mean if her blood saved her adopted Dad, why couldnt it save her real dad. Maybe she wont know soon enough, but then again anything is possible on this show.

Hiro putting Adam 6 feet under wasnt the best. I mean he would get out of there after a while. I thought that it would have been better to drown his ass in the middle of the ocean. Maybe put some chains all up on him and shit.

Sylar...come on dude. DIE! I want to see Maya develop her ability in a way that she can focus it onto one person and totally kill Sylar.

West....he was selfish, yet smart.

Peter....Fucking moron. He has known this girl for 5 minutes and he is already blinded by her? And in love with her? Come on? Why cant he absorb someones brain so he isnt soo damn dumb.

Nikki....Gonna miss here. Kinda sucks that Micah is an orphan now. Kinda see him and Monica going around and fighting crime. His power is awesome. In a world where everything is computers he could own!

Mrs Petrelli....Pandora's Box? Was she talking about Peter wanting revenge and taking everyone out?

Flashbacks in the ep...Love the part where Nathan is carring the exploding Peter. AWESOME. Matt Parkman taking the detective exam.

LOL @ Matt and Nathan flying together.

Ryllharu
Tue, 12-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Maya isn't going to be able to kill Sylar. I wouldn't say it's definite (since his powers weren't working at the time) but I believe he took out the parts he needed when he killed Alejandro. Of all the powers he had "lost," he still retained the ticking in his head when he carved up whatsherface in the first episodes.

What was with Elle's empty file? Did Bob take them knowing she'd look for them? Were there ever any in there in the first place?

Idealistic
Tue, 12-04-2007, 11:46 PM
God... Why couldn't Maya just stay dead. Why was her script even written. She is THE CORNIEST!!! character ever developed... Holy shit.... I laughed when Sylar shut her up with a bullet to the throat... LOL... "YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!!" *POW!*... LOL!!!

For some reason, when I was watching Nikki trapped inside the building, all that swooshing around reminded me of when she sees Jessica in the mirrors. Maybe she got out alive with her super strength. Who knows... a new personality with ironskin might have shown up... hah.

One thing I'm confused about, who the hell is still with the company? I thought it was just Bob? Noah makes it sound like there is a lot more to the company than we have seen so far. I wonder why Noah is so scared of Bob... what it could be.

I agree with IMTD.... Peter meets a girl for 5 minutes and then falls in love with her. wtf... Anyways... I just want to see more Elle.. hehehehehehehe....

When's volume 3 come out? Probably next year?

Jessper
Wed, 12-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Hiro putting Adam 6 feet under wasnt the best. I mean he would get out of there after a while. I thought that it would have been better to drown his ass in the middle of the ocean. Maybe put some chains all up on him and shit.

What? When would he get out? After the thousand years it takes to chip away the concrete with his hands? Plus there is no way that he could just drown and die for good. On top of all that, if he wanted to kill Adam he would have cut his head off after teleporting him, he clearly couldn't do that and instead put him in a private hell.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 12-05-2007, 03:46 AM
Isn't Parkmans dad still alive? and theres still the Hatian with the company. The thing that really bothers me about this season is that we never really got to see powers from the old generation except for a few. Supposedly they were all "heroes" but Bob, mom petrelli, the lady that made the virus, Hero's dad ect no show of any powers,kida disapointing. Also I'm thinking that the black guy that Peter cared for is still alive somehow. Also I'm still confused as to how the hell Syler made his way from New York to mexico...was it supposed to be the shape shifter chick dragging him into the sewer....seemed to me that she was hinting at working for someone. Also another thing....the makers keep showing the kensei symbol after things, such as Peter geting a tatoo then it turns into the symbol then disapears....well they did that when Peter destroyed the virus the symbol turned up in the remains then disapeared as well. I thought there was going to be some significants but it seems like there is not. Also I thought the heroes were branded with either the Kensei symbol or the double line symbol, no revelations about that either. Lots of things hanging out there with no real explanations. I hope we dont have to wait till next fall for season 3.

animus
Wed, 12-05-2007, 10:11 AM
They did show Bob's power, he has the "Midas Touch", shown when he first talked to Mohinder and demonstrated by turning a spoon gold. It's a reason why the password to his computer was also Midas. Kaito's power must have something to do with him putting one of his fist's up which we saw right before Adam speared him off the roof.

Idealistic
Wed, 12-05-2007, 11:07 AM
^^ Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. I wonder if he can turn people into gold? lol.

Anyways, I still don't see how the company can be feared that much with the current info that we have about them. There clearly has to be more people with powers running the company, and someone bigger than Bob running things.

So is Bob a good guy or a bad guy? It seems that his intentions are good, but he's just approaching things from the wrong way. He's like Magneto in X-men. Thinks all humans are bad and none are good. However in Bob's case, all "heroes" are bad and none are good.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 12-05-2007, 05:52 PM
What? When would he get out? After the thousand years it takes to chip away the concrete with his hands? Plus there is no way that he could just drown and die for good. On top of all that, if he wanted to kill Adam he would have cut his head off after teleporting him, he clearly couldn't do that and instead put him in a private hell.

Umm...he could stratch his way out of the coffin in no time at all. I mean come on Buffy did it. But then again she did have superhuman strength. Alas, he will get out. SOON

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-05-2007, 05:56 PM
He was also under a large burial stone. Louisiana style. That won't help things.

Munsu
Wed, 12-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I just hope that Claire goes to the front lines next season and starts losing some limbs in the process. We need more gore.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 12-06-2007, 07:56 AM
That sounds kind of X-Men Last Stand to me.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 02-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Too all of you Heroes fans who are pissed at the writers strike, the season 3 trailer from the Jules Verne Festival has been released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB_H0T-DyQU

Everything looks really interesting. For some reason, I think this might be the last season from how this trailer looks.

Munsu
Mon, 02-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Everything looks dark. Me likes. Hopefully we'll have a ton of villians running around.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 02-11-2008, 11:26 AM
It kinda looks like Sylar went off the deep end (again and even further than before) and starts killing everyone. Thats still fun though lol

Munsu
Thu, 02-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Looks like next season of Heroes will have more episodes than the usual. With that aside, those who watch Chuck and Life... they've gotten the green-light for Fall:

NBC has, yes, picked up Heroes for a third season. (No shocker there.) But the network has also ordered second, 13-episode seasons of both Chuck and Life, says the Reporter.

Heroes, meanwhile, will air more than 22 episodes (the exact number is TBD) when it returns. None of the three shows will air new fare this spring.

Animeniax
Mon, 03-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Finally got around to watching Heroes again. Does anyone else think the addition of Bob (Stephen Tobolowsky) really makes the show hokey and cartoonish? His acting is worse than usual, and everything associated with him and the company seems so generic and fake. Previously the company was mysterious and cool, now it's a joke. Thanks Bob.

This show was suffering even before the writer's strike. I hope season 3 has a more compelling storyline.

It's weird, it has been said that Rena Sofer unintentionally ruins every show she is cast in. Might be her jinx at work on Heroes.

edit: update, watching ep8, it gets worse and worse. The company's detention center is a joke. No cameras? And what keeps Peter from knocking out Elle and walking out of the detention center? And how can DL phase out to avoid a punch, but not a bullet? Silly to the extreme.

animus
Tue, 03-18-2008, 10:45 AM
I didn't know who the hell Rena Sofer was so I looked her up on imdb. It says she was in 5 episodes as Heidi Petrelli, and upon looking upon her photos and her lack of photos under that character. I don't have an idea who she is. I don't remember Peter and Nathan having a sister did they?

Edit: Oh I remember, it was probably Nathan's ex-wife, huh.

Animeniax
Tue, 03-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Current or ex-wife, I don't remember them separating in the show. She was really hot when she was younger, but every show she was on got canceled prematurely. Will the curse continue with Heroes?

Munsu
Tue, 03-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Current or ex-wife, I don't remember them separating in the show. She was really hot when she was younger, but every show she was on got canceled prematurely. Will the curse continue with Heroes?
Just Shoot Me!
Ed

Among quite another few successful shows... hardly a curse of every show she was on.

FullMetalAlchemist
Tue, 03-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Finally got around to watching Heroes again. Does anyone else think the addition of Bob (Stephen Tobolowsky) really makes the show hokey and cartoonish? His acting is worse than usual, and everything associated with him and the company seems so generic and fake. Previously the company was mysterious and cool, now it's a joke. Thanks Bob.

This show was suffering even before the writer's strike. I hope season 3 has a more compelling storyline.

It's weird, it has been said that Rena Sofer unintentionally ruins every show she is cast in. Might be her jinx at work on Heroes.

edit: update, watching ep8, it gets worse and worse. The company's detention center is a joke. No cameras? And what keeps Peter from knocking out Elle and walking out of the detention center? And how can DL phase out to avoid a punch, but not a bullet? Silly to the extreme.

Maybe u would have a point on her ruining a show if the show was actually doing bad, and being cancled. The show is doing good. My only problem with it is the begining moves a lil slow and this season there was barely any action because of the strike shortened season.
Other wise i enjoy this show alot especially since there is crap on in that time slot on mondays.

Now all they need to bring back is The Black Donnellys and my mondays will be set with prisonbreak, heroes, and the black donnellys lol.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 03-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Maybe u would have a point on her ruining a show if the show was actually doing bad, and being cancled. The show is doing good. My only problem with it is the begining moves a lil slow and this season there was barely any action because of the strike shortened season.
Other wise i enjoy this show alot especially since there is crap on in that time slot on mondays.

Now all they need to bring back is The Black Donnellys and my mondays will be set with prisonbreak, heroes, and the black donnellys lol.

I want Heroes to come back, I do, but I dont even remember where they left off. And Prison Break has been AWFUL! Worst writing ever, but that is a different thread. Sorry...

Animeniax
Wed, 03-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I think I read it on imdb or somewhere how a bunch of shows Rena Sofer has been on tanked. I think it's mostly new shows though, whereas when she joins the cast of an already successful show, her role usually isn't big enough to sink it. I think Heroes is popular enough to survive, but we'll see. I could hardly stand watching ep8.

Munsu
Sat, 05-10-2008, 02:36 AM
Short teaser promo for season 3:
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/video_display.shtml#mea=248965

Turkish-S
Sat, 05-10-2008, 06:06 AM
niki/jessica not dead??

Jessper
Sat, 05-10-2008, 12:16 PM
a 3 hour premiere? Interesting

Munsu
Sun, 08-03-2008, 02:21 AM
Anyone been watching the Heroes webisodes that started recently? They're already up to episode 3. Sadly NBC only allows people in the US to watch them Fortunately there's someone like me to hook you guys up. Here's the "Going Postal" arc:
http://www.heroestheseries.com/heroes-webisode-going-postal-chapter-1/
http://www.heroestheseries.com/heroes-webisode-going-postal-chapter-2/
http://www.heroestheseries.com/heroes-webisode-going-postal-chapter-3/

While we're at it, here's some promos for next season, beware of spoilers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUslVKw4ro8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLQq8l4ET4w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCh6ihq6SiE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnelK7sw7Rg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdP6m27catc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBP00kopXGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxrgi65l7rE

Paulyboy
Sun, 08-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks, did not know that it started again. I stopped watching smallville, which I used to watch alot :).

Assassin
Mon, 08-04-2008, 09:22 PM
did those webisodes seem half assed to anyone else? like they just got B grade actors off the street. everyones acting seemed to forced (except the mailman and the mother ofcourse)

Munsu
Fri, 08-08-2008, 04:28 AM
did those webisodes seem half assed to anyone else? like they just got B grade actors off the street. everyones acting seemed to forced (except the mailman and the mother ofcourse)
Low budget promo that probably brings little revenue to the network... what do you expect?

It's fine for what it is, to get some Heroes until the real show returns.

Edit:
Here's an alternate ending of season 2 and some other deleted scenes... watch them before YouTube deletes them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0dnfUE_vh4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBc68-1QLHI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvPKbPYGBLA

Munsu
Mon, 09-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Here's a countdown for season 3:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1830045

I think this is what's supposed to air at 8pm EST, so if you're interested you can get that out of the way.

HEROES (NBC, 8PM EST) COUNTDOWN TO THE PREMIERE

Cast members host a countdown show. Included: a review of important plot points; a lineup of suspects in Nathan's shooting; a look at the special-effects process; a sample of translated episodes airing internationally; and an exploration of the series' subtle nods to "Star Trek."

And of course, the 2-hour premiere starts at 9pm EST tonight.

animus
Wed, 09-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Maya is one annoying bitch. But I'll admit, she's fucking fiiiiiiine.

Assassin
Wed, 09-24-2008, 08:51 PM
so, is mohinder turning to some sort of lizard man? and i still can't believe how syler doesn't fucking die. i mean, claire stabbed an 8 inch knife through his chest and he somehow still managed to sit there calmly and perform brain surgery on her.

Vegechan
Wed, 09-24-2008, 09:32 PM
There were ALOT of "WTF?!" moments in the season premiere. Not all of them the good kind either.

Also, Hiro's ability needs to have its name changed from "manipulation of time and space" to "plot device."

animus
Wed, 09-24-2008, 09:56 PM
All along we thought Sylar ate brains. Now I don't even know what the fuck he does. He pulls a certain part out of the brain and just absorbs it into his body? Or fiddling around inside the brain he some how gets the power?

And wtf @ Elle, she came away with just a few stitches. When Sylar saws their heads he goes straight through the bone and to the brain.

And was I the only one thought "Oh shit, the Beast" when I saw Mohinder climbing walls, and hanging from the ceiling and shit? And then just before he pulled the scale out of his back, I thought "Oh shit, Blue fur?!"

Vegechan
Wed, 09-24-2008, 10:13 PM
All along we thought Sylar ate brains. Now I don't even know what the fuck he does. He pulls a certain part out of the brain and just absorbs it into his body? Or fiddling around inside the brain he some how gets the power?

I was always under the assumption that he analyzes the brain and understands how it works. I even believe he said something along those lines, about how well he understood clocks and how it mirrors his power.

rockmanj
Thu, 09-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Hmm...all i can say about Mohinder is, I guess he didn't seeThe Fly.

KitKat
Thu, 09-25-2008, 01:00 AM
I am so excited Heroes is back! I have been waiting so long for this. Lots of crazy revelations, and things going off-kilter in these two episodes.

Anyone else notice how everyone from the future has ultra bad-ass clothes?

Heroes is starting to remind me of Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai now, with everyone trying to avoid a catastrophic future, but things continuing to go wrong.

Munsu
Thu, 09-25-2008, 07:11 AM
I'm excited about this season as well. My main gripe with the series is that they have too many characters. It would be better if they had like a LOST system going on, with character centric episodes instead of focusing on all the characters in all the episodes. The other thing they can do is try to bring these characters together sooner in the season.

That aside, future Peter being around is a good move and it also looks like mama Petrelli is going to get some major screentime this season. One question, was Sylar among the villians that where shown in her future vision where all of our heroes are killed? I wonder what plans she has for him.

Were they also hinting at a Claire and Peter relationship? Kinda wierd since Peter is her uncle... or maybe we're about to find out that they're really not related. Who knows.

Maya is hot.

Do you guys think Nathan is hallucinating or is Linderman really there manifesting his powers? Or is Nathan manifesting some different powers?

What do you guys think is the connection between Nikki and Tracy? Was Tracy the name of any of her personalities that you guys remember? Along those lines, you think that Micah and her cousin will show up again in the series?

So now that Elle has been made a fool out of, you guys think she'll go the villian route? Or will she try and hunt down the present Peter?

Glad to see Marlo from The Wire in the series. He's awesome.

Hiro is an idiot.

animus
Thu, 09-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, Sylar was one of the villains seen in the future when Mama Petrelli had that future dream. She sees that evil group of 5, and Sylar approached her from behind out of the shadows.

I don't know Linderman's deal. I could've sworn when Tracy was on the way out she noticed Linderman. The power to heal grants him divine intervention in the after life? Shrug.

The Tracy and Nikki deal is confusing. Definitely not Jessica, since she has Iceman abilities. So maybe she might be another personality in Nikki's facet. One for every situation I guess, so she'd be like a Peter, but only less useful, and more lame.

I don't know about Elle becoming a villain, since she didn't appear in that future dream. It showed Nikki (or Tracy), Adam, Parkman's Dad, and Marlo from the Wire (Benjamin Knox in the show).

KitKat
Thu, 09-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Sylar is a bit of a wild card, and with the new batch of 'villains' being set loose, it demotes his importance somewhat as the 'bad guy' of the series, so it looks like he could play a very different role in this season. I too am curious about what mama Petrelli wants with him, since she of all people knows exactly how evil Sylar is. And on a speculative note, I wonder if mama Petrelli envisioned a positive future had Peter exploded the city. Hiro once tried to change the past and couldn't, yet Peter has now successfully done just that. Does it mean that Peter can never go back to his future, he's stuck in his 'past' of an alternate world? The semantics of time travel can get sticky.

The Linderman deal kind of came out of the blue. I honestly don't remember what happened to Linderman the last time we saw him, but his revelation to Nathan completely surprised me. Maybe it's an instance of level 2 abilities, either on Linderman or Nathan's part. Hard to tell at this point.

Nikki has never had a personality named Tracy, as far as I can recall. Also, Tracy is different from Jessica because she honestly doesn't know who Nikki is, whereas Jessica knew Nikki, and conversed with her regularly. I had previously figured that whenever Nikki manifested another personality, she was able to utilize her super strength ability, but it now seems that each personality has a different ability. And that begs the question....does Nikki in her regular personality even have any ability at all? I can't remember if we ever saw her use super strength without Jessica.

They might bring in Micah, likely as the only way to force Nikki's personality to reemerge. I don't really see them using Micah in the plot otherwise. They've got too much going on with the other characters right now as well as introducing the new villains, and he had a large amount of screen time last season.

Elle, I don't even care. Ugh, she annoys me. I classify her as 'Minor Annoyance Character Who Wishes She Was Important'.

Munsu
Thu, 09-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Elle is awesome.

EinReB23
Thu, 09-25-2008, 03:59 PM
In the last scene Mama Petrelli called Sylar "my son"... is he really?. I also got that vibe on the "Claire and Peter" relationship as more that just family... who knows

Assassin
Thu, 09-25-2008, 07:43 PM
What i wanna know is what makes claire so special, even among the heroes....and does that mean that adam monroe is 'special' just like her, since they both have the same ability.

As for the doomsday future that hiro saw, the part that interested me the most was ando having powers. and rather cool powers at that. he's like havoc from x-men.

And while we're on the japs and thier powers, whats up with hiro's power? we found out (via the speedster) that hiros power doesn't actually stop time...so it just slows it down then? wtf. i guess it does make sense if you think about what she said, about whether time would stay frozen in tokyo if he went to some other area. Im thinking hiro can create some sort of localized time bubble that shifts the inside area out of the normal time stream. Hopefully we'll get more info on it, now that the writers have brought it out in the open.

rockmanj
Thu, 09-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Hmm...and the writers said Ando would never have powers...guess they reneged on that.

Board of Command
Thu, 09-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Ando-kun: KAAA MEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAA MEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAA

Paulyboy
Thu, 09-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Hmm...and the writers said Ando would never have powers...guess they reneged on that.

But wait, based on his clothes, did he not have the same style of clothing peter would wear? So somehow Peter gets a morphing ability in the near future.

Also I think Sylar rearranges his brain into whatever brain piece he is studying to match his.

But yeah I have been waiting a long time for the series to start

AND YES MAYA WAS HOT!

Assassin
Fri, 09-26-2008, 04:53 PM
about the no powers for ando thing, we did see that in a doomsday future. its possible that they'll make it so that that future never happens and thus ando never gets any powers.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 09-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Im goin with Pauly on this, when i first saw Ando kill Hiro I only thought of future-Peter's ability to change his appearance. ANDO WOULD NEVER BETRAY HIROOooo!!!

best part of the two episodes was deff "I told you not to open the safe..." XDDD

ando thinking hiro had anything to do with the cut on his neck was straight out of character.

the top villain of the first season (didnt watch 2nd season) is now gonna be a hero. They never made sylar out to be a crazeddd lunatic kinda villain, his power is to get powers... yeah he may have to look at your brain to attain em but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Sylar didnt do anything to himself after he looked at clair's brain, so its pretty clear to me that his brain instantly changes itself and uses a higher percentage every time he views a different 'hero' brain. I'd say sylar changed clair's power on purpose... I guess he doesnt want that gorgeous girl to suffer when she's gettin torn to pieces.

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Random rheory on freeze girl, she is actually jessica, she didnt died, just froze her own body to stop her own heartbeat accidentally to stop her dad to beat her > escaped morgue somehow > cold on her own body made brain damage > memory loss > random person find her > ????? > profit!

Assassin
Tue, 09-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Dr. Zimmerman seemed to imply that there were more of her. he said something like "you're the one from beverley hills" and "i created you". Im thinking tehres multiple nikki's running around each with a different power. Remember, her and her bf were specifically chosen and them having a kid was all part of a bigger plan. It isn't that hard to believe that nikki was cultivated from a much earlier age for a specific purpose.

I didn't like the hiro/ando parts much...they're becoming too childish. how can hiro still let flash girl steal shit from him...its just bad writing to make the plot advance.

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-30-2008, 09:19 PM
but only 2 birth certificates, nikkis and a second girl... and considering nikki has/had a twin, and a person that look JUST like nikki appears... yeah, if she was masss cultivated they should find more birth certificates, he caliming he created her can have too many meanings, could be he induced her powers like mohinder did with himself for all we know, or it could be he was the doctor that attended his mom, etc etc etc

animus
Wed, 10-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Or birth father, though it's highly unlikely.

narutosharingan
Wed, 10-01-2008, 11:09 PM
I think it's only the 2 of them (2 total).

I'm a little displeased with how they did the entire level 5 situation. So much for being massively strong villians. Sylar just kicked the crap out of them.

Sapphire
Thu, 10-02-2008, 05:40 AM
I'm still confused about Nikki and Jessica? Was she split personality or could she channel dead people? I guess she was just split personality because Micah said her mother had super strength, and we only saw that when she was all possessed-like.

Clair can totally die too. So can Adam and Sylar. They need to get that immortal nonsense out of their head. All they need is the Haitian, or someone who can reverse powers like that one chick. I almost freaked out when Sylar was dressing all nice. There is already one self righteous cop on the show! Then I let out a calm sigh of relief when he was tempted kill yet again. He's kind of a deviant antagonist, that I like.

On ep 1 (or was it 2?) I thought it would be hilarious if Mohinder went through all that trouble and all he could do was talk to dogs or plants, or something. And then the cop was all talking to that turtle. I couldn't help but laugh my ass off. Peter's mom is kind of useless, and I guess no one knows she has the power to dream the future? Kind of lame to me, and she's a bit snobby. I also think that Clair is being annoying and stupid, but I probably wouldn't wanna sit there and pretend to be a cheerleader with all the crap happening anyway. Hopefully she has acknowledged her weakness though.

@naruto: Yeah, it looks like they were only level 5 because they like violence and killing. In ep 0 the actor for Sylar made it seem that they all had like massively HOLY-SHIT-WTF powers, way better than Sylar!

I guess Peter has the most potential and is strongest in the series, followed by Sylar. Then Adam/Clair/whoever else are second in line only because they heal, but the Hatian/the other chick who is prolly dead is on the other side of the strong potential spectrum only because they can neutralize everything.

It was so badass when future Peter pushed present Peter out of that body. I think the writers had watched Bleach. Everyone seems to hate future Peter.

animus
Thu, 10-02-2008, 08:49 AM
I just realized we didn't see a single scene with Mohinder and more importantly Maya in episode 3, oh well.

What's kinda annoying me is how these powers are overlapping, there's not much uniquity now. They're treating the ability to read/see the future too flimsily. There's now 2 clairvoyants (Mama Patrelli, and the African dude), and another potential one (Parkman). Superstrength (which Nikki had until death), now Mohinder and Knox have. Honestly, Knox's superpower is kinda lame, unless it allows him to do other things than being able to be super strong and punch through your guts and the metal behind you. All the while requiring fear, when you have powers that make it pale. Not to mention the Level-5 powers were dumb stupid and a huge let down. A shitty Magneto (honestly what good has this guy been other than opening car doors and taking forever to open a safe manually?), a sonic boom voice (lol), and someone that just roasts you (which we've already seen aka Claire's mom but with just a blue flame).

I remember in the sneak preview episode they were talking about how Sylar was a level 1 criminal in season 2. Now in season 3, he's a level 5 criminal. You would think these criminals didn't suck so much if they were considered more dangerous than frickin' Sylar in seasons 1 and 2.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Every episode has new levels of wtf. How the hell wasn't the future cancelled out, anyway? lol @ Mohinder being some sort of leper.

Yaay Adam is back already!!

animus
Tue, 10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Man, that episode was lame.

Munsu
Wed, 10-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Well, I thought it was a really good episode... but to each his own.

Eurasian
Wed, 10-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Future Peter cannot heal??

Munsu
Wed, 10-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Future Peter cannot heal??
I'm wondering the same thing myself. Maybe special bullets? I think the Haitian guy was around, so that might prevent him from healing. Maybe he has never been around Claire when she has used her powers (which I doubt).

Sapphire
Wed, 10-08-2008, 12:09 PM
It was either the Haitan or something that was keeping him sedated/unconscious. (Remember Sylar in level 2).

Board of Command
Wed, 10-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Future Claire is such a bitch.

Jessper
Wed, 10-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I would guess that because he died with the Haitan around he stays dead, that or they put something in the way in his brain.

rockmanj
Wed, 10-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Methinks its just a plot hole or something. Claire obviously shot him in the chest, but then again, the way Peter's powers work, he might have actually needed to be conscious to use healing abilities. Who knows with this show anymore? And I kind of like Knox's ability. I mean yea, its super-strength, but done in a different way. I wonder if he's invulnerable too?

And when was it implied that the baby was A.) Claire's and Sylar's or, B.) Sylar's biological child?

P.S. Maya is frakkin HOT...what is she doing with a bum like Mohinder? (who could turn out to be a great villain, IMO)

Munsu
Wed, 10-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Methinks its just a plot hole or something. Claire obviously shot him in the chest, but then again, the way Peter's powers work, he might have actually needed to be conscious to use healing abilities. Who knows with this show anymore? And I kind of like Knox's ability. I mean yea, its super-strength, but done in a different way. I wonder if he's invulnerable too?

The Haitian was there, so no plot hole. Afterwards, well, there are many ways to keep someone from using their powers as seen in the prisons.

rockmanj
Wed, 10-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Yea, he was there...that guy is like becoming a Dues Ex Machina.

Sapphire
Thu, 10-09-2008, 05:48 AM
Yeah, but it's interesting seeing who he decides to fight with. All of the "bad guys" have teamed up with Biatch-Clair in the current future, so I can only think that Clair has gone to the dark side with some deluded notion that she's doing something right. Then again, the Haitian is there, and for some reason I've always trusted him! Either way, this "mades vs. borns" war has potential, even though I don't understand how the hell the future people don't remember all this crap that is happening in the past if they altered the future?? That would be so much easier. I don't freakin' know anymore. Huge plot hole IMO.

I hope they don't soften Sylar by making his power seem like a weakness. I hope he turns evil due to his loss or stays evil in the present just to keep things interesting. Has he met Adam yet? They would be good for each other. Then again, Adam does crap for a cause, or at least something that resembles a cause. Maybe some time in the coffin has mellowed him out a bit.

animus
Thu, 10-09-2008, 07:59 AM
I wonder how that works, I know they can't die persay, so I guess they don't need to eat.

Maybe the body consumes it's own muscles for nutrition while Adam is under that coffin, and he just keeps regenerating it.

A big reason I didn't enjoy this episode was because all of a sudden Peter was playing with a clock with telekinesis, the next moment he's popping his brother's brains open because he has the hunger? That's not a power, wtf. That doesn't even make any sense. But then again this is Heroes, and it's not like they pride themselves on great acting or not having gaping plot holes.

UChessmaster
Thu, 10-09-2008, 09:16 AM
A big reason I didn't enjoy this episode was because all of a sudden Peter was playing with a clock with telekinesis, the next moment he's popping his brother's brains open because he has the hunger? That's not a power, wtf. That doesn't even make any sense. But then again this is Heroes, and it's not like they pride themselves on great acting or not having gaping plot holes.

He wasn`t "playing", he was learning how to use sylar`s power and use telekinesis as a tool to fix the watch, the hunger is a side-effect of sylars power.

animus
Thu, 10-09-2008, 09:48 AM
He wasn`t "playing", he was learning how to use sylar`s power and use telekinesis as a tool to fix the watch, the hunger is a side-effect of sylars power.

You clearly don't get the point.

Sapphire
Thu, 10-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Maybe the body consumes it's own muscles for nutrition while Adam is under that coffin, and he just keeps regenerating it.
Good point. If this show wasn't full of plot holes, I'd say those people may not be able to die, but may inevitably get weaker over time if they aren't careful?

Also, why didn't Mohinder try to make a cure for himself? It didn't take him that long to mess himself up. It's interesting that he got the formula wrong though. I hope something conveniently doesn't happen to cure him.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Not revealed in the show? It's a spoiler.

darkmetal505
Tue, 10-14-2008, 12:34 AM
WTF is Mohinder. Freaking insect/lizard guy. I'm sure Maya could have stopped him if she wanted to. I'm getting tired of the whole Claire debacle and her dad's actions to protect the family.

animus
Tue, 10-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Wtf was that? Hiro just up and stabbed Ando in a second? No wonder he fucking kills your ass in the future. I thought he was over his little betrayal thing. What a little bitch.

Munsu
Tue, 10-14-2008, 09:17 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that Hiro doesn't kill him, or if he does he has plan on going back to revive him. I'm willing to bet that he froze time or something and filled Ando with ketchup or some shit. Do any of you remember if in the 4 year flash forward Peter and Hiro are friends or enemies? Or if future Peter told past Peter something about Hiro?

Interesting development with Linderman... I like the idea of him being an illusion that Parker's dad implanted. Peter and Nathan's dad looks like he will be quite a bad ass. I liked the twist where they made Peter look like the killer when he wasn't.

Mohinder has gone completely nuts, and that dude with the power to manipulate you like a puppet seems interesting. Looks like he'll start doing some really wierd and creepy shit.

I liked the whole dynamic with Adam... I though it was well executed comedic wise. I also loved how he thought he escaped just to get hammered by the Marlo-villian (forgot his name).

rockmanj
Tue, 10-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Let's not forget Vortex-Bubs and HRG being a total dick. I don't know who is being more of an asshole; him, or Claire...

animus
Tue, 10-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Wonder what Papa Petrelli's power is supposed to be.

Munsu
Tue, 10-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Let's not forget Vortex-Bubs and HRG being a total dick. I don't know who is being more of an asshole; him, or Claire...
Vortex-Bubs... I like. I don't know why, but I thought he did a poor job doing this character, or simply the character was written very poorly. It felt like the old Bubs, but poorly executed. But whatever, it was nice to see him again.

Koyuki
Tue, 10-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Great to see Heroes back on track. The magic from season one is there. Pretty good episode. Now that Sylar is going good guy, it seems like there's just old villians.

animus
Tue, 10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I always had a feeling Linderman was fishy. So who exactly healed Nathan from the gunshot wound then? Was it Peter? I don't recall Peter ever being in contact with Linderman to absorb his power.

Board of Command
Wed, 10-15-2008, 12:06 AM
I always had a feeling Linderman was fishy. So who exactly healed Nathan from the gunshot wound then? Was it Peter? I don't recall Peter ever being in contact with Linderman to absorb his power.
Didn't Nathan receive Claire's blood to heal up his burn marks back in season 2?

Jessper
Wed, 10-15-2008, 12:26 AM
It was Adam's but the point still stands. Why would it be residual though? Does anyone who wants it get the regeneration ability by simply injecting a small amount of Claire or Adam's blood? If so can they then pass it off by giving blood as well?

I hope that is not the explanation they give.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Yea, that would be pretty ridiculous if their blood causes permanent healing effects. Like, that would be a super Hax. "OH, so and so was killed; give them a blood transfusion from Claire, and they'll be ok!". And if that's the case, then HRG is effectively wolverine then, since he got a transfusion from Claire. I'm sure we'll figure out who saved Nathan eventually. And I'm sure Peter has been near Linderman at some point; knowing how his parents were doing shady dealings with him.

Oh yea, and the fact that Nathan is a synthetic...didn't see that one coming. I wonder how that could happen though, as it seems a lot of other families that have 2 special parents almost always have a special child (even the synthetic + natural, if Claire's mom is a natural). I mean, we don't know about Hiro's sister or anything, but maybe Angela is up to her lies again.

And I wonder if synthetics have their "secondary mutation" like some of the others (i.e. Parkman and Claire).Maybe so, because Nathan (As shown) wasn't that fast of a flier, but then when he was caught by HRG and the Haitian, he could use supersonic flight (even though the Haitian was there... :\). And I'm guessing that Peter doesn't get the secondary benefits, or else that would be silly...well, not really. He's too dumb to really do much of consequence on his own.

KitKat
Fri, 10-17-2008, 12:37 AM
I was only mildly annoyed by Mohinder before, but now I thoroughly despise the man.

Future Sylar making breakfast for his son made me go, "Awwww!"

No matter what future they're in, Parkman still always seems a bit wishy-washy.

And it seems I was totally wrong about Tracy being another personality of Nikki's. Nikki seems to be well and truly dead, but now I'm curious to find out when they'll introduce the third triplet. Tracy seems to be more mentally stable than Nikki.

Vegechan
Fri, 10-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Ok, I'm actually thinking Season 3 is very very forced so far. From the start I saw them playing at the whole "Who are really the villians and who are really the heroes?" bit, and with the most recent episode, it's just gone too far.

With every episode that goes by, they are gradually making previously established characters make the most random, illogical, and stupid choices, just to put them on a path to being a villain. The vision Ms. Petrelli had? I bet it's in reverse who the villains/heroes are.

I thought it was lame what they were doing with Peter, and now with what Hiro did to Ando? Retarded. Completely and utterly retarded. It's true, that maybe there was some fancy "Hiro stop time" work there that made it seem like he killed/stabbed him. But with the direction this entire season has taken, I don't think so.

There has been a lot of "WTF?!" moments in this show this season, and not in a good way.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Mon, 10-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Just watched the newest episode.
Hiro is funny!!!
Hello~ Mr African Isack, lol. Then "dame dame, mou ii"/ no more that's it, after getting smacked around.
What was Peter thinking, he should've at least let Sylar come along. It was nice to see all those little skirmishes though.
I have been a little torn about this season. I guess they are trying to switch things up and blur the lines between who is good and who is bad. Making the good somewhat bad and stupid and the bad somewhat good and weaker.
Patriarch Petrelli seems quite bad-ass though. And where is the full power of "The Company?" I know Adam killed most of the 12 heads of the company off, but damn a Company is not a sole-proprietorship. Using the name "Company" means that there should be a lot more in that organisation, rather than just Momma Petrelli and HRG (and some inconspicuous people in the background walking around. What happened to Primatech? Pinehearst is just dominating

rockmanj
Tue, 10-21-2008, 04:37 AM
That was easily the best episode of the season, and the culmination of Peter losing his powers was icing on the cake. I wonder though, doe Mr. Peterelli have ALL of Peter's powers, including that weird empathy thing? And If so, did Peter lose that ability? Maybe he'll end up becoming a synthetic or something after getting the shot, and end up with a new ability. I also like the angle they took with Peter's ability...like its a bit similar to his dad's, but actually better since he doesn't actually have to touch anyone. But then again, he doesn't actually drain their powers...hmmm. I'm officially looking forward to the future eps ^^.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-21-2008, 12:38 PM
lol Adam got owned!!! Holy crap at Papa Patrelli. I love how all of the badasses of last season are just getting owned by PapaP. Why did Tracy decide to freeze lab equipment of all things? x_x Speedster meeting Cop was awfully convenient.
"Hey!" "Hey..." "We're soulmates" "Orly?" "Rly" "Brb"
Claire's mom is really smart for jumping into an evil dudes layer without a gun or any training.
The patrelli sons are badass!!!! How did the senator/president get stuck with flying? Maybe he's not really PapaP's son.

Munsu
Tue, 10-21-2008, 12:47 PM
I find it interesting what happened to Adam... he lost his powers, so his body decomposed like it should've a long time ago. Don't know if this breaks any "laws" of Heroes, but just for the cool effect, it was great.

animus
Tue, 10-21-2008, 01:00 PM
I thought that too, but I was unsure if he just drained his power, letting him rot, or he just drained so much out of him that he poofed into dust. Which leads me to wonder, if he can drain them to death, did he leave Peter alive, or does he only drain powers?

Munsu
Tue, 10-21-2008, 01:11 PM
I thought that too, but I was unsure if he just drained his power, letting him rot, or he just drained so much out of him that he poofed into dust. Which leads me to wonder, if he can drain them to death, did he leave Peter or alive, or does he only drain powers?
You're right there... we really can't tell what happened. I don't think he drained Adam to death, I wouldn't see the point. Adam is evil enough that he can make use of him.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-21-2008, 01:36 PM
He drained his powers. So whatever was keeping Adam alive basically wasn't there anymore, so his cells all died (and didn't regenerate) like they normally would for a 400-something year old man.

PapaP = Absorb and steal power by touching
Sylar = Root around in brain and find key to power (assuming they survive, they will still have the power)
Peter = Sponge power by being around them

Munsu
Tue, 10-21-2008, 01:45 PM
If Sylar was actually smart, he would become a neuro-surgeon... no need to become a serial killer.

rockmanj
Tue, 10-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Well, his ability makes him want to learn everything about something, so there's no guarantee that he wouldn't take apart people's brains anyway. Plus, medical school ain't cheap.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-23-2008, 12:19 AM
*bump

I found a screencap of the "villians"
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t164/RSONISTX/3-14.jpg

I'm sure I know who everyone is except for the Errol Flynn lookalike on the top right.
Some think it's Peter, but I'm not so sure...

animus
Thu, 10-23-2008, 07:53 AM
I thought it was Sylar =/

rockmanj
Thu, 10-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Doesn't really look like him.

animus
Thu, 10-23-2008, 04:23 PM
I guess, but Sylar's really the only one with eyebrows that fucking huge, for now atleast.

Munsu
Thu, 10-23-2008, 04:52 PM
I would think they'd want to have someone in there that hasn't been revealed yet to keep the mystery up. The other side of it, is that they might be playing us so that we think that Sylar will go bad once again. But now that he's good, I hope he stays that way or simply gets killed. Don't want to do the whole "Everyone vs. Sylar" thing again.

animus
Thu, 10-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Especially considering he isn't even the most potent villain anymore.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-23-2008, 11:06 PM
I hope Sylar doesn't go totally good, but remains sort of an anti-hero. I'm not sure I like the warm, flowery Sylar as much. He should still be kinda creepy; since that's what made him such a good character.

Sapphire
Fri, 10-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Then again, I think it's interesting how such conflicting forces are being brought together by an even greater evil. And then we see some more evil characters merging with this seemingly unbearable force, and even some previously "good" characters too. This really does kind of resemble an epic war.I still see it's potential.

In the "future" Sylar surpresses his power, gets a son (wut he hooks up?) and Peter has obtained his powers again. What does that mean?

animus
Fri, 10-24-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure if that future still happens. But then again future Peter hasn't really fixed anything in the past beyond the Nathan shooting.

Psyke
Mon, 10-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Just caught up after watching 5 episodes straight. Questions abound, but still pretty entertaining and that's the most important thing. Are the online web episodes good enough to justify the series?

Munsu
Mon, 10-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Just caught up after watching 5 episodes straight. Questions abound, but still pretty entertaining and that's the most important thing. Are the online web episodes good enough to justify the series?
It's worth watching as it doesn't take too much time... they're very short. But they aren't relevant to the series. It's low budget (as most, if not all, webisodes are)... so if you keep that in mind, you should enjoy it. So don't expect much from them.

Idealistic
Tue, 10-28-2008, 01:58 AM
I hope Sylar doesn't go totally good, but remains sort of an anti-hero. I'm not sure I like the warm, flowery Sylar as much. He should still be kinda creepy; since that's what made him such a good character.

I agree. Sylar was a cool villain. But then it's pretty cool seeing him and Peter team up.

Man this show is so confusing at times, but I still like it. I have no idea who is really a good guy or a bad guy with all these twists.

Elle and Claire together = win.

Nathan's 2 bitches, 1 fire, 1 ice = win. I hope they fight. We'll get another version of X-3 iceman vs pyro. The fight for Nathan!

Parkman and Daphne's random relationship = fail. Not to mention Parkman looks 30+, and Daphne looks 20ish. I was so rooting for Ando! It looked like it was gonna go somewhere when they talked at the theater a few eps back!

Vegechan
Tue, 10-28-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm still not sure about this season.

Is it just me, or have the special effects been lacking? I mean, Heroes wasn't always known for its effects, but they just seem... off this time. It started when Nathan saved Tracy from jumping. It didn't look as crisp as before, and since then I've noticed a lot of sloppy effects...

I was wrong about Hiro, but that's a good thing. I did see the potential "he stopped time and replaced it" thing coming, but I honestly thought they were going to force his character down a different path for the sake of "OMG TWIST!" Glad they didn't. Even though this season has been... eh, so far, I'm still enjoying Hiro.

My main belief is this though: Primatech are the "bad guys" Pinehearst are the "good guys." I use quotes because each do questionable acts that push the line, but in the end, it's going to be Pinehearst is the one with the real sense what needs to be done.

I also thing Parkman's dad isn't dead. The whole "messing with your mind" thing. I believe that was done to intimidate Daphne. Trust me, you'll see Linderman appear to Nathan again.

And am I the only one here that hates both Claire and Elle? First of all, Claire needs to shut up. "My powers are broken ;_; I can't feel pain!" How the hell does that mean they're broken? You've clearly demonstrated several times how powerful the combination of super healing and inability to feel pain can be, so why are you making such a fuss about it? Oh, and btw, ridiculing Elle on the plane was extremely stupid. You brought that little "lightning fit." And then Elle says "All you've been is sweet..." What? Seriously? Have you been listening to her? And why the hell do you want your powers taken away anyways? I can understand wanting them under control, but having them gone all together? o.O

Meh. This show needs more Hiro.

Yukimura
Tue, 10-28-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm saddened by what happened to Peter, the only thing that made me willing to tolerate the lameness of his personality was the fact that he had the potential to be one of the most badass heroes in the show. Now that he's got no powers all I see is is the suck that permeates his every action and word. Sylar, on the other hand, is still quite entertaining for me though. He's just excellently creepy, even when trying to be 'good' plus he's somewhat amorphous in his allegiance which I think adds spice. Sylar's power should come in handy with Pinehurst's formula research and maybe he'll even be able to figure out a way to reverse the process as well.

Hiro's story as usual seem very separate from the story lines the others get wrapped up in and as usual I'm not really drawn in by it. I see him more as a plot device to reveal past or future events than an actual participant in anything at this stage and considering how incompetent and idiotic he is I can't see any other use for him.

Clare has been getting on my nerves more and more since last season but in trying to help Peter instead of blindly rushing into Pinehurst like Elle actually seemed like a good move and I have to give her some positive credit for once.

animus
Tue, 10-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Not sure what to think about this season. The quality of acting has hit an all-time low, the script is absolutely mediocre, and these branching plotlines are so random. They'll all eventually meet up at those 4 villains, but the plot getting there is so awkward.

Paulyboy
Wed, 10-29-2008, 11:29 AM
@animus - your actually right, it seems kinda like the script is going downhill. Somehow its like how I got into Smallville and now im not watching it anymore because the plot got really lame. But im still gonna see through the series end.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Fri, 10-31-2008, 02:01 PM
I recognized that the top left guy in the "here are the villains" painting is Papa Petrelli, but who are the other 2 that people have recognized?
The bottom left black guy isnt the "fear = power" guy is it?

rockmanj
Fri, 10-31-2008, 03:20 PM
I think its the fire guy, and Mohinder.

Psyke
Sun, 11-02-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm going to puke if Claire's real mum uses her flames for self introduction purposes again.

I agree with animus's points as well. And I'm kinda sick of the angry Peter look. :(

Psyke
Mon, 11-03-2008, 09:38 AM
From superherohype:

Big Shakeup Behind the Heroes Scenes
Source:Variety November 2, 2008

Variety says there was a big shakeup behind the scenes of NBC's "Heroes" on Sunday as writers/co-executive producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb were fired.

The duo had been with the show since its first season and were known to have led the day-to-day production operation under the direction of creator/executive producer Tim Kring.

"Heroes," produced by Universal Media Studios, has struggled in the ratings its third season. It's understood that Alexander and Loeb were let go because of NBC executives' frustration with the creative direction of the show.

The trade added that the show is also said to have been dealing with hefty budget overruns this season that are going well beyond its already sizable $4 million per-episode pricetag.

animus
Tue, 11-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Hm? No Heroes yesterday?

Edit: Some SNL Presidential Bash thing took its spot.

Idealistic
Tue, 11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
snip

Well done. I would've fired whoever took the show this direction as well. I'm quite tired of hearing there are millions of other people in the world with powers as well, but for some reason the show revolves around the same cast, and is all about the Petrelli family.

Half the cast is related. I'm sure it would've been a matter of time till we found out Hiro is Peter/Sylar/Nathan's step-brother, Claire's step-uncle, and Meredith's step-brother-in-law because we know Mrs.Petrelli and Mr.Nakamura had something going on.

Looks like it won't happen now.

animus
Tue, 11-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh look, as predicted another family tie. Wtfshittywriting.

Still, it's sad to say though, but this was the best episode in awhile.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 11-11-2008, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't say it sucks only because it revolves around the petrelli family, but it sucks because of how slow everything is progressing. And that's what's killing the show, people are watching and after an hour, they're like...so what really happened? What they need to do is release 2 episodes per week.

Sapphire
Tue, 11-11-2008, 09:46 PM
I thought the rewind was terrible. I don't know what I like less, the massive amounts of 'WTF' that have been going on lately, or just having the entire show be a flashback with absolutely no progress. The only cool part was Clair running into the train wreck, because we all pretty much remember that. Pretty much everything else just seems like it was pulled out of someone's ass. (except papa patrelli, but that was only introduced 7 eps ago)

Before I was annoyed because there are so many alternate futures and using the future as an idea to drive the plot was getting redundant. Now I would rather watch that rather than some mundane made up past with 'twists' and 'connections', yet no progress.

SamuraiOdin
Wed, 11-12-2008, 11:38 PM
One wonders with all the problems the show is having, and all the negative hype it is getting because of the plot lines that go nowhere whether this will be the last season or not.

TwisT
Thu, 11-13-2008, 12:09 AM
I guess no one can say for sure. Networks have done stupid things in the past and canceled shows with a good audience just because it wasn't as big as they wanted, on the day they wanted.

But if they are smart they would pick another timeslot that doesn't have as much competition. If they where ever thinking of canceling i mean.

lilphatboi88
Thu, 11-13-2008, 02:05 AM
I bet it's the pressure from higher up management that is forcing the directors and producers to stray away from their original plot.

Every time I see Claire, I just think to myself: This is going nowhere and she's only going to whine and complain about how she has no real powers.

animus
Thu, 11-13-2008, 09:32 AM
GJ double posting within a minute of eachother, you could've edited.

Actually, the higher up management is not too happy with the direction the staff is taking the show, thus the low ratings.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 11-16-2008, 01:58 AM
It could be both, and thank you for the complement.

Idealistic
Mon, 11-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Oh look, as predicted another family tie. Wtfshittywriting.

Still, it's sad to say though, but this was the best episode in awhile.

Indeed. The flashbacks filled all the loopholes going around lately, but seems like the show will now resume it's current storyline. Which sucks.

Who wouldn't known though, Sylar became who he was because of the man that wants to kill him, Mr Bennett. How ironic!

Munsu
Mon, 11-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Here's an online mini-series known as Heroes Destiny:
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/heroesdestiny/

Don't know if it's any good.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 11-17-2008, 10:06 PM
i guess the bright side is that...sylar has the chance to become a really good guy.

Sapphire
Tue, 11-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh, nice, this latest episode was sexy. I laughed to myself when Clair jumped out of the building because she didn't even bother trying to land on her feet. When Elle was attacking Sylar it reminded me of Naruto getting so many tails that his skin started peeling off...

lilphatboi88
Tue, 11-18-2008, 06:36 PM
same, except for the naruto part, but i can see it.

Clair has the potential to be superhuman. But seriously, what can you do against the telekinesis of the other heroes. Like if you're strong enough, I believe you should be able to break out of their hold, but I guess the writers didn't write it that way.

Sapphire
Tue, 11-25-2008, 03:20 PM
This ep would have been better if I could have seen what was happening during the eclipse.... SO annoying.

On another note, Sylar making out with someone is sexy.

darkmetal505
Tue, 12-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Wait, so everything is back to normal now? Everyone has their powers, except for Peter.

If you think about it, HRG watched Sylar and Elle do it before he shot at them. lol

Idealistic
Wed, 12-03-2008, 02:26 AM
Someone want to tell me what the purpose of the eclipse was?

Seriously, this is like Naruto, when Sasuke fights and gets owned, and we get a "HAHA ILLUSION!!" bullshit.

Sapphire
Tue, 12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
That's kind of like Sylar.

Sylar's good, he has a son! He can control his rage!
No he's bad, a born killer!
Oh yay, he's good, he'll be Elle's boyfriend and save Peter!
Nevermind, he'll kill Elle and everyone else!

Back and forth back and forth. I'm starting to think that's the only character development they will bother to give him.

A couple parts of this episode were boring, but it was all around good. The Hiro-mom scene made me cry. :(

Munsu
Tue, 12-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I actually like Skylar's character going left and right as he has been... it's kinda like being inside his head, all fucked up.

So what now? Won't Peter get his powers back?

Sapphire
Tue, 12-09-2008, 01:49 PM
If he does, he could save Hiro!

Yukimura
Tue, 12-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Well, once again Peter being weak and/or stupid would have ended up ruining a good chance to stop horrible person/thing X if not for the intervention of someone with some actual backbone. I kind of wish he wasn't going to get his powers back but that weird glow we saw coming from Arthur's body gave me the impression that that will not be the case.

It's too bad about Sylar though, I was actually liking him as a creepy good guy, now he's right back to being crazy.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 12-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I think that this ep was kind of a waste. I mean it was important to know that Hiro's mom died from giving the light to Claire originally. But after all that work of getting the light, Hiro just lost it.

Not to mention, I HRG had to have know that "Bonnie" was Claire. And how does Arthur go back in time all the time? Did he absorb that power from someone before this? And if that the case, then why cant he just heal himself, he did kill Adam and heal himself from the poison.

Munsu
Tue, 12-09-2008, 07:10 PM
He absorbed Peter's powers. The Haitian nullified his powers, he's dead.

rockmanj
Wed, 12-10-2008, 08:57 PM
I don't think he's quite dead yet. Like, Angela told Peter that he specifically had to shoot him in the base of his skull. Which he didn't (front of the head), and then the Haitian went off after Sylar, and we've seen people die for like a few minutes and then come back to life (Claire, for example). He appears to be dead, but we'll see. Also, I don't know if giving mentally unstable and traumatized marines superpowers is the best strategy. That one guy didn't seem quite right; I mean...was it really necessary to throw the chair through that containment room? Really?

And lol at the catalyst being "The Glow" Hiro's mom must have fought Bruce Leroy for it, and got mortally wounded. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Dragon

Munsu
Tue, 12-16-2008, 10:54 AM
The End of Volume 3...

Volume 4: "Fugitives". Looks like Nathan is creating his own Company, backed up by the Government.

rockmanj
Tue, 12-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Ho-hum. So Nathan decides to get like Henry Peter Gyich al la X-Men or whatever (or was that Graydon Creed?) Anyway, even though the chapter literally ended up with a "bang", it still kinda limped past the gates for me. And the character of Peter was just plain...annoying and even more dumb that usual. "Hey, lets break all the equipment and shit; its not like they might have backups elsewhere" . And now Nate is the villain....not sure how this will pan out. Hopefully the new writers will have some ideas.

Munsu
Tue, 12-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Here's an interview with Brian Fuller (Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies), who rejoined the staff of Heroes after his Pushing Daisies go cancelled:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/12/exclusive-bryan.html

It's a good read, contains some minor spoilers if anything... but at least it give me some hope of a better Heroes series going forward.

It also looks like Peter will have to regain all his powers through mimicry once again.

Sapphire
Tue, 12-16-2008, 02:58 PM
They canceled Pushing Daisies?! Nooooooo!

Well.. I guess we still have Heroes. :( And this guy sounds like he will turn the show around.

Munsu
Mon, 02-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Heroes returns tonight. Here are some promos to get you back into it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoN5IP8pruk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXslqI_V5Zc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pali-LUGp8

There are also some more webisodes if you're interested:
http://www.hulu.com/heroes

Penner
Tue, 02-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Sylar has always been mah favourite in Heroes and this just adds to that!

While most other 'specials' went down after 1 of those stunshock things, he took like 4-5 of em, just yanked em out with his mind and owned a whole crew of those company agents, fucking owned.

Sylar for president of Awesometown.

Munsu
Wed, 02-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Well, I enjoyed the episode a bit... Sylar was awesome. Though this was a setup episode more than anything. I would've been better served as a double episode to start the next chapter off.

Penner
Wed, 02-04-2009, 11:26 AM
True.. i saw some new faces in the bunch of 'mutants' (thats basically what they are) that was on the plane and we're probably going to see more in the following eps.

Waiting to see if theres any interesting ones or just another heap of random filler people (like that spanish chick that kills people with her emo powers and her brother, god that was awful)

Granted she's not really a filler char but still....suckfest.

Also, that planeload of mutants should give Peter a good batch of new abilities, hopefully some awesome ones ^^

Penner
Tue, 02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
season3 ep15 out, and sweet breakdancing guineapigs this was awesome, i cannot stress enough how much i like Sylar, if they ever kill him off i'll be pissed.

But since i believe he is one of the most popular ones on the show along with Hiro and probably Peter, he probably won't get killed in the near future.

And big *sadface* on Peters ability being nerfed to one at a time, as he was like the only one who posed any form of threat to Sylar, except perhaps the Haitian's power-blocking ability, but as we saw when he was fighting with Peters dad, he can't block powers for extended periods of time when the opponent is as strong as Peters dad, wich i assume Sylar is by now..

Shorter version: Fuck yeah, shit is about to get sweet!

Sapphire
Tue, 02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
It seems like there is a plot that is actually moving forward in contrast to last season, which was a clusterfluck of time travel and ill logic. They really need to stop mentioning what happens in the "future" just forget about it ...pleasee??

Last episode had terrible camara work - Hand held camaras should only be used for emotional or suspenseful moments. Not for half of the show. It looked like crap. And was annoying. Thank God they stopped in this one.

Them 'nerfing' Peter's powers was horrible. There should not be a balance between weak and strong. If they touch Sylar's ability I may stop watching this show all together. Sylar is being badass as usual, using his empathy to... find people like him? I dunno, <3 Sylar 4evar. Microwave kid saves Sylar? Really? Nice try writers.

Other than that I have no idea what the eff Sylar is doing, why the microwave kid knows all about Sylar's pops, or how Peter found Mohinder and the troop so easy. Bleh.

The speedster and the cop have terrible chemistry. I hate speedster but I didn't want her to get killed off because her power has potential. Parkman was stupid and slow for not scrambling to gtfo her out of the crash site before she got SHOT.

Special agents wife and son are better actors than half the Heroes cast. That's sad.

I LOVE HIRO AND ALWAYS WILLLL!!

Nate is a prick but he looks hot in a suit meow.

Clair continues to be a whiny, spoiled nuisance, except now she is a whiny nuisance who actually did something useful for a change. Now we're getting somewhere. At least her dad is a 'bad' guy right now. One thing they didn't mess up is almost no one is completely evil. Everyone has a reason for what they do.. even if it is a dumb reason.

I have to admit there is a new air of elegance, however. There is a fast paced mode full of epic just... plot movement. Yum!!! I'm loving the military and character interaction. The complex plot and great dialogue shows they've improved the script a bit.

Munsu
Wed, 02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't know, I didn't like the second episode much... hopefully next ones will be better with the group retaliating.

Sapphire
Wed, 02-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't expect the 'group' to retaliate. Most of them are just victims after all. They've been victimized by their powers since the moment they discovered them, for the most part. And if Parkmen seeks vengeance I am sure he will end up doing something stupid and I 'aint lookin' forward to seeing that.

Considering Nate showed Mercy towards Peter and Claire, I assume mercy will be showed upon him for all of the borderline unacceptable stuffed he's deluded himself into pulling. In that case, I'm sure we will see that messed up family get away with loads of BS for seasons to come or until the show finally gets pulled.

Oh and I don't like the fact that the writers are letting something 'mystical' carry the plot yet again. Twice it was people from the 'future' and the 'affects of the future' that influenced and carried every decision of the main cast, and we see what sort of train wreck that was. Now Parkman is getting mysterious visions that not only DON'T HELP HIM AT ALL but create deus ex machina upon deus ex machina. His visions are the sole reason for convenient plot development but they have no rhyme or reason... I am beginning to hate this show.

animus
Mon, 02-16-2009, 11:46 AM
They need to seriously introduce some new worthy actors. With the loss of Kristin Bell, and Milo they need some more stuff. Right now it's a bit stale, and following the usual X-Men mutant hate or what not.

edit: I just finally realized. That Sergeant that got injected and got super strength, who got his neck snapped has been bothering me, since he looked familiar but I couldn't get who he was. Well, I found out and apparently it turns out to be Kyle from the 4400. Similiar shows indeed, too bad his roles over =/

Munsu
Wed, 02-18-2009, 07:41 AM
I realized that the second I saw him that he was Kyle from 4400, wierd that I've only seen him in superpower types of shows.

As for the last episode, a lot better than last week. Sylar was pretty good in this one. Hiro sucks ass and I really dislike his storyline, he really is annoying little bitch. The Clare storyline was decent in this one, though that Aquaman like character looks like he sucks ass. Hopefully he gets killed soon. HRG's scene as he said goodbye was a good one, and I really liked the final scene.

Any ideas for Rebel's identity? Is it a person? A group of people?

Penner
Wed, 02-18-2009, 10:19 AM
I just assumed it was the Peter/Parkman/Suresh-trio that was the new "Rebel gang" and that is was Peter sending those messages to Claire.

But it can just as well be someone else who's also started a new rebel gang.. i might have missed som detail but meh, i'm just happy with all the screentime Sylar is getting :D

And as usual i find myself not really caring much for the new Aquaman and Microwave boys...

Also, i can't help but think about how insanely powerful Sylar would get if he sliced Ando open and got the ability to "power-boost" himself...man the mayhem he could cause :P

animus
Tue, 02-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Daphne's such a terrible acttress. Her scream sounded like a goat in heat.