PDA

View Full Version : TV: Heroes

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

complich8
Mon, 02-26-2007, 07:25 AM
I definitely like that they didn't make Bennett into a one-dimensional evil person, just a not-so-good person in a particularly bad situation. Now if only they'd give Syler some sort of actual depth instead of just making him an evil caricature...

Also, if Haitian Guy isn't responsible for the power-suppression thing that Matt and Syler both encountered dealing with Bennett, then ... who or what was? And if he was, then why didn't he do that with Mr. Nuclear? Yet another mystery?

It's good to have some new pieces. Shame that we didn't get the pieces we could have, though.

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-26-2007, 10:58 AM
After that, I really don't see how I could hate Bennett anymore. He's been double-crossing his company this whole time not to keep his family safe, but to keep his family together. As everyone else has said, a nice touch to a villain.

Total lack of Mohinder is a nice touch too. For someone so smart, he sure is incredibly stupid.

rockmanj
Mon, 02-26-2007, 12:30 PM
yea, it was pretty good, and the backstory was done real well too, but i kind of wonder why the hatian played mute for so long, and where he and claire will gallavant off to? And how many episodes are left, like 5? I hope they're as good as this one was...

Honoko
Mon, 02-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I can't hate on HRG anymore either.... questions were answered, but raised more questions at the same time. Hiro's dad one of the company's higher ups?? Yet another new thing to drive me nuts with. And just who exactly is the Haitian working for?

I want to re-listen to that exchange with Parkman, HRG, and the Haitian one more time. I think I was still processing the shock of listening to the silent one spill out so many words all at once.

And are we allowed to speculate/comment on the previews in this thread? I can't remember offhand anyone doing so yet. Only because I had a major complaint to lodge based on what I saw haha :p

Danad_corps
Mon, 02-26-2007, 10:37 PM
good ep. However, i don't understand how Syler's and Matt's powers were repressed if all the Haitian can do is remove memories. Maybe (speculation) he can keep people's memories protected as well as remove them. If this is the case then Matt wouldn't be able to delve into anyone's thoughts, which stem from memories, and Syler wouldnt' be able to acess anyone elses powers (which stems from the memories of the dead people). Either that or there is someone who can nullify certain powers that is lurking around unseen.

I like HRG much better than i did previously due to this new CD. A memory wipe and a bullet for your child...that's the love of a devoted parent.

One thing irked me though. If that dude who came in and shot Nuclear dude has been dealing with this "people" for so long, doesn't he know that shooting someone who is unstable would be a bad idea? (hahaha i just got a good idea/bad idea idea from animaniacs)

Assassin
Tue, 02-27-2007, 12:26 AM
nuclear ted + zombie clair = <3

fucking best episode since the show started. i loved the atomic explosion scene and how everyone was thrown back from teh surge of energy. So much new information this episode, i dont even know where to begin. its great to see how invisible guy got to where he is, and how everyone is connected. sulu and young hiro were awesome.

oh and before i forget, one thing that was kinda wierd. wtf was wireless girl?? at the end of the last episode, didn't she block the door as soon as matt and ted show themselves?

anyway, back to the current ep discusison. seems we have 2 major players at work here. the company, which has been tagging the super powered people, and someone else who the hatian seems to be working for. Dunno if this is another corporation or a single person, but someone is trying to look out for claire. when the 3 of them are walking, the haitian says "you can't be trusted to put her safety before company interests" followed by some back and forth about how to keep her safe.

NOT SO CRAZY THEORY: makes me think though, this is all too familiar. "save the cheerleader, save the world".....i used to think that was just some line to get peoples attention during the first half, when sylar was after her. but it seems claire has a bigger part to play. Could it be that the ones trying to protect clair are the ones who sent Future-Hiro back in time to warn peter? we know that all the 'good guys' (peter, hiro, clair etc) are sort of a team in the future.....maybe that team was started by someone else, before these guys were even aware of thier powers, and that person (people?) are the ones trying to keep clair safe.

Another thing im really curious about....who was invisible guy hiding? he was willing to take a bullet rather then reveal some hero. could it be that this person is the one pulling the strings behind the scenes.....could he/she be the original team starter? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

rockmanj
Tue, 02-27-2007, 01:43 AM
Another thing...shoundn't everyone but claire and ted have severe radiation poisoning?? I mean everyone was like within 15 feet of an exploding nuke, basically...oh well, i guess that is the definition of plot hole.

Psyke
Tue, 02-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Total lack of Mohinder is a nice touch too. For someone so smart, he sure is incredibly stupid.

Can't agree more. I totally hated the scenes with him, especially when he went back to india. I just wish Sylar would blow his brains out or something, but then he would just steal his stupidity.

I thought that this episode was one of the better ones recently, with the focus on Matt and Claire. I loved the part when Bennet thought in Japanese to confuse Matt, and how he communicated with him by thinking "Shoot Claire, now!".

And yeah, more Ando and Hiro please. I'm not going to be surprised if anyone suddenly becomes fluent in Japanese anymore.

Honoko
Tue, 02-27-2007, 09:13 AM
oh and before i forget, one thing that was kinda wierd. wtf was wireless girl?? at the end of the last episode, didn't she block the door as soon as matt and ted show themselves?
The graphic novel shorts on NBC explain this. And wireless girl was not with them last week so there's no major plothole yet =P If you're too lazy to go thru the actual comic (like me), you can always read a quick summary of it here (http://heroeswiki.com/Graphic_Novel:The_Path_of_the_Righteous).

KitKat
Tue, 02-27-2007, 10:24 AM
It seemed odd to me too that wireless girl was so gung-ho about recruiting the other guys and then just leaves. And as someone who has studied nuclear physics in depth, I just shook my head and sighed at the 'Ted nearly explodes and emits tons of radiation and yet Claire is the only one who suffers many radiation burns' scene. I'm not sure what type of radiation Ted emits, but cupboards and chairs aren't going to keep anyone safe that's hiding behind them.....unless all the cupboards and chairs in Claire's house are made out of lead.

WD or Psyke, just out of curiosity, did either of you catch what HRG was thinking when he started thinking in Japanese?

Psyke
Tue, 02-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I went and re-watched that part where he thought in Japanese. I couldn't really make out the first and last parts clearly, maybe because he didn't pronounce the words properly. I could however make out the words "kazoku o mamoru", which means "protect my family". The other parts sound like "need help", and "what if", but I can't be sure.

Turkish-S
Tue, 02-27-2007, 04:41 PM
I could be wrong but another "plot-hole" was when matt and the fbi stormed the paper factory... After(or before can't remember) that matt sat in the car with the blond fbi gal and didn't we see haitian a HRG talk??

Btw assassin you are forgetting linderman....

Honoko
Tue, 02-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Another possible plothole.... or just unexplained logistics. When Claire and Zach were looking up old newspaper articles, they found an article where a mother and baby daughter died in a fire in Kermit, TX. Did this recent episode imply that the fire happened in NYC in that apt with the Roof of All Drama or was the baby brought to NYC for the handoff to Bennet?

darkmetal505
Tue, 02-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Where will HRG go now that his memory is gone? He was supposed to be killed, and if they want to erase all memories of Claire/"the Company," the Haitian would have to take away 15 years.

A guy, shot, and 15 year memory loss in the middle of the street. Makes me think the Haitian has other plans.

rockmanj
Tue, 02-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Another possible plothole.... or just unexplained logistics. When Claire and Zach were looking up old newspaper articles, they found an article where a mother and baby daughter died in a fire in Kermit, TX. Did this recent episode imply that the fire happened in NYC in that apt with the Roof of All Drama or was the baby brought to NYC for the handoff to Bennet?

I'm not sure if those guys said that the fire occurred in texas, but that doesent really contradict what previously happened. Even if they didnt explictly say that, I don't see why they couldn's bring the baby to NY. If you check out the graphice novel, they show claude (the invisible man) and Bennet rescuing claire from the fire...in kermit texas. http://heroeswiki.com/Graphic_Novel:Hell%27s_Angel

Honoko
Tue, 02-27-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure if those guys said that the fire occurred in texas, but that doesent really contradict what previously happened. Even if they didnt explictly say that, I don't see why they couldn's bring the baby to NY. If you check out the graphice novel, they show claude (the invisible man) and Bennet rescuing claire from the fire...in kermit texas. http://heroeswiki.com/Graphic_Novel:Hell%27s_Angel
Well, that would be unexplained logistics then. Considering how Bennet was already in Texas with his unsuspecting wife. If fire did occur in Texas, baby went to NYC, Bennet gets called from Texas to NYC to bring the baby back to Texas? That's not exactly what I'd thought a cool, mysterious, sneaky organization would do. It looks more like typical corporate inefficiency if the facts are right.

rockmanj
Wed, 02-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Im sure there was a lot of paperwork that needed to be processed...

complich8
Wed, 02-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Where will HRG go now that his memory is gone? He was supposed to be killed, and if they want to erase all memories of Claire/"the Company," the Haitian would have to take away 15 years.

A guy, shot, and 15 year memory loss in the middle of the street. Makes me think the Haitian has other plans.

I don't think Haitian guy would be that indiscriminate. He's going to take the memories that implicate him and HRG, and the memories that point to their conspiracy to protect Claire. He's going to have a couple blank spots, but I don't think he'd take away the whole corpus of Bennet's memories about Claire's life. I don't think he has to, and I think it'd be counterproductive. I don't believe this is the last we're going to see of Bennet.

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-28-2007, 02:14 AM
Ah. I forgot that the Haitian guy can remove select memories. It makes the HRG situation a lot more plausible.

I'm wondering about Hiro's dad and his earlier encounter with Hiro. Is he still working with "the Company" or has he left? Hiro taking over his company may have had something to do with the paper manufacturers.

One thing bothers me about the show in general. We know that people gain these abilities due to genetic mutation. However, the idea that one can bend the time/space plane or communicate electronically because of nucleotide shifts is just silly. Some powers make sense, like Claire's, while others are just off the hook. It just bothers me, especially with this "genetic" explaination.

complich8
Wed, 02-28-2007, 06:23 AM
I'm a bit of a cerebrate, and these two comments kind of underscored a good point in general.

And as someone who has studied nuclear physics in depth, I just shook my head and sighed at the 'Ted nearly explodes and emits tons of radiation and yet Claire is the only one who suffers many radiation burns' scene. I'm not sure what type of radiation Ted emits, but cupboards and chairs aren't going to keep anyone safe that's hiding behind them.....unless all the cupboards and chairs in Claire's house are made out of lead.

Betas? They stop pretty quickly (would mostly not make it through wood), and they carry a charge, which would explain all the fast light flashes. But the point is a bit different than that :p.

Ah. I forgot that the Haitian guy can remove select memories. It makes the HRG situation a lot more plausible.
One thing bothers me about the show in general. We know that people gain these abilities due to genetic mutation. However, the idea that one can bend the time/space plane or communicate electronically because of nucleotide shifts is just silly. Some powers make sense, like Claire's, while others are just off the hook. It just bothers me, especially with this "genetic" explaination.

Something that always bothers me about this type of show is that people who don't know anything about the things these shows depict take those depictions as having any sort of validity.

Every time not just this series, but this type of series abuts science, it gets the science wrong. In case you were in doubt, no power depicted in this show has had the remotest modicum of scientific plausibility. Not Claire's regeneration, not Nathan's flight, not telekinesis, not time manipulation, none of it.

Heroes is properly classified as "fantasy" in the same sense that about 95% of the stuff that people call science fiction is fantasy. Sometimes they'll try to get the basic idea right, but when it's down to a choice between a convenient plot device and a scientific reality that prevents the convenient plot device from working, science loses every time.

In watching this type of show, you are agreeing to check your science at the door. You can have it back in an hour. Well, actually you'll probably still be watching tv, so you're better off without it anyway. >_>

Anyone else realize that every time Hiro interacts with an object in freeze-time or slow-time mode, the object should generally shatter from the mind-boggling impulses it experiences being moved from place to place and stopped again in zero-time? >_<

Munsu
Wed, 02-28-2007, 07:20 AM
I agree with comp, heck most if not all of the super heroes stories are explained by some sort of genetic mutation. So you really don't have a problem with the show, but with the genre in general. Even with that, I wonder how can you even enjoy anime with the outrageous explanations that sometimes occur. Don't think too much about it, consider it an alternate reality where such things are possible. Even if the location is Earth, it's still a world created by the author and that's the sole truth you should believe in. Heck he can recreate all the laws of physics and you'd still have to go along with it, if you can't do that much you're better of not watching any creative work, emphasizing on the word creative.

KitKat
Wed, 02-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Nuclear forces and radiation as a plot device is just a pet peeve of mine. You're right, I have no right to complain about it in this context. I shall not let it influence my discussion here in future. Heroes is still my favourite show on television now, and not even the wildest unrealistic events can change how much I love it.

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-28-2007, 05:16 PM
I realize that shows like this require a certain level of understanding and acceptance. It's just the genetic evolution factor that annoys me. It would be fine if the powers just suddenly dawned on the "Heroes." Heck, even an alien explaination would have been better.

Biology is getting to my head...

Munsu
Wed, 02-28-2007, 09:04 PM
I realize that shows like this require a certain level of understanding and acceptance. It's just the genetic evolution factor that annoys me. It would be fine if the powers just suddenly dawned on the "Heroes." Heck, even an alien explaination would have been better.

Biology is getting to my head...
Although I can understand your frustrations, but you're basing your frustrations on unproven facts. We know these Heroes have some sort of genetic mutation, but we still don't know why this has occurred, hence the need for Mohinder and Bennett's organization for studying this individuals to better understand what's going on. Sure, it could be some genetic evolution, but what caused these genetic anormalities to occur in the first place hasn't been explained.

About the nuclear thing, yeah it bothers me that some of them didn't get radiation burns. Aside from Clare, I noticed that the mother was exhibiting some symtoms of the burns. And as said before, it does dwell a bit on my mind, but I'm not going to let these minor factors prevent me from enjoying the story. My goal in watching the show is to enjoy the story, my goal is not to go into detail on every little aspect of the show that is flawed. That's what I'm really getting it, what's your reason for watching a show and what are you willing to accept and tolerate in order to make your goal happen.

You're right, I have no right to complain about it in this context. I shall not let it influence my discussion here in future.

No, you do have a right to complain and should continue using it in the future. My reason for posting all of this is to make you guys realize that it's not in your best interest to get bothered by these details as long as your goal is to enjoy the show, but it's still something worth discussing, so keep bringing them up.

And with that, I've giving you guys my secrets on why I like so many animes and TV Series, and why I rarely don't enjoy something I watch.

FullMetalAlchemist
Wed, 02-28-2007, 09:13 PM
There powers come frome evolution. Like in x-men, The human race is evolveing and what they are becomeing are beings with super powers (the humans that are afraid and don't want to believe this is evolution call them mutants of course). Same thing in heroes the genes they have are evolved. Humans are what they are today becoause of evolution, who can say what humans will become in a million years, the show is about humans who evolved to gain special abilites.

Assassin
Wed, 02-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Theres 2 things wrong with that:

1. Evolution is adaptation. A species changes over time to better adapt to its environment and ensure its survival. While stuff like rapid healing, mind control, telekenisis and even flight can be seen as steps towards survival, powers like stopping time, starting fires, or melting metal dont really serve that purpose. Hell, in the case of ted, emmiting radiation is actually a step in teh opposite direction, since by ensuring his own survival, he ends up kill the rest of the species.

2. Evolution isn't random. That is to say, if a change occurs, it occurs the same way for the entire species. You can argue that the heroes we've seen are just the first batch, and over time other humans will start to develop powers, and thats fine. But that doesn't change the fact that an evolutionary change doesn't give wings to one specimen, and gills to another. So the whole, different people have different powers thing doesn't really follow the proper evolutionary path, so to speak. Unless ofcourse the show is building towards everyone having all the powers....but that seems unlikely.

Anyway, my point isn't that the powers aren't a result of evulution, but that if you're going to start examining the the evolution theory in an attempt to validate science fiction, you should take a few steps back and look at it as a whole, rather then focusing on specific powers. That way you'll see that its all a buch of bullshit anyway, so theres no point in examining the minor details.

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Theres 2 things wrong with that:

1. Evolution is adaptation. A species changes over time to better adapt to its environment and ensure its survival. While stuff like rapid healing, mind control, telekenisis and even flight can be seen as steps towards survival, powers like stopping time, starting fires, or melting metal dont really serve that purpose. Hell, in the case of ted, emmiting radiation is actually a step in teh opposite direction, since by ensuring his own survival, he ends up kill the rest of the species.

2. Evolution isn't random. That is to say, if a change occurs, it occurs the same way for the entire species. You can argue that the heroes we've seen are just the first batch, and over time other humans will start to develop powers, and thats fine. But that doesn't change the fact that an evolutionary change doesn't give wings to one specimen, and gills to another. So the whole, different people have different powers thing doesn't really follow the proper evolutionary path, so to speak. Unless ofcourse the show is building towards everyone having all the powers....but that seems unlikely.

Anyway, my point isn't that the powers aren't a result of evulution, but that if you're going to start examining the the evolution theory in an attempt to validate science fiction, you should take a few steps back and look at it as a whole, rather then focusing on specific powers. That way you'll see that its all a buch of bullshit anyway, so theres no point in examining the minor details.

and you are going into it to deeply. it is suppose to be like a comic book story. They have said multiple times that it's in the genes, and they know who these people are because they gave a sample years ago for a study. Then they found people with specific genes. Again this story isn't real so you can't go with "oh evolustion only accurs to adapt" X-men didnt work that way. They even had stan lee on the show the guy who rites for x-men/spider-man and many other characters for the whole marvel universe.

Assassin
Sat, 03-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Thats exactly my point.

I dont think you understood what i was getting at. I was saying that if you really wanted to look into it with the theory of evolution and all, you'd have to consider the 2 points i mentioned. So its best to just take it at face value and enjoy it rather then trying to disect it and explain it.

gr3atfull
Sun, 03-04-2007, 11:16 PM
This episode was great.

Ando is back! Hiro got his sword. I think that DL nows the truth about Jessica being back. The haitian and Claire's grand mother speak french!

Also, I was actually disappointed to see who Mr. Linderman finally is. I expected to be a evil looking foreign man and not an nice old grandpa.

Plus, I am worried what the company might do to Mr. Bennet. I have come up with a theory that Mr. Linderman has no connection with the company. That shape shifter lady is really scary.

One question though, at the end of the show, what was holding Mohinder on the ceiling?

Yukimura
Mon, 03-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Damn, That was one awesome episode!
I don't think Mohinder was holding the ceiling, I think Syler was holding Mohinder. The shapeshifter lady is a b/witch, but she's pulling that evil school girl look off well enough for me to not care. I guess this show will need another badass chick if NIkki is coming back.

Claire, as usual, was stupid and helped fuel the flames against blondes, but Mama Petrelli was very cool so it's okay.

Hiro looked great with the sword, too bad he still can't teleport properly, maybe he can't move in location without also moving in time. He can stop time and still move, and he can travel backwards in time in the same location (I think), but maybe traveling to a different location in the same time is dfferent b/c it doesn't actually require any direct time traveling.

And poor Peter...I was hoping the Syler v Peter battle would be more awesome, maybe next week though.

complich8
Mon, 03-05-2007, 02:06 AM
I predict that the Syler-slicing is what Hiro referred to as "the scar" back when they first met. And that he turns the powers around and neutralizes Syler's powers (or turns them around) before the old skullcap is removed.

Either way ... dynamite.

darkshadow
Mon, 03-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Great ep, and jessica was playin Heavenly Sword for ps3 lmao (it isn't even out yet).

KitKat
Mon, 03-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Yuki, don't be disappointed yet. The Sylar vs Peter battle hasn't even started. At the moment, I think Peter is just frozen in shock. I have high expectations for this battle.

This was a great episode for building a lot more depth into characters. Mohinder engaged in some Jack Bauer-style torture and attempted to kill Sylar. Too bad he left him alive so long. He should have killed him the moment he was unconscious and then extracted the spinal fluid after.

Ando came and rescued Hiro, which made me very happy. Those two work best as a team. They balance each others' extremes.

Claire's mom showed a much less superficial side. I think she has a part to play still as this story unfolds. HRG is in trouble though. I think Claire may end up having to save him.

I loved Mama Petrelli revealing herself as Claire's secret guardian, I loved Jessica playing ps3 (good call recognizing the game, DS!), Simone staying dead, Peter getting Hiro through Linderman's security. Shapeshifter girl is so evil. She does a better villain than Sylar.

Lastly, we finally got to meet Linderman! gr3atfull, haven't you watched any Disney movies? The bad guys are always British :p I'm not sure what to think of him yet. He knows more than HRG's company. Curiouser and curiouser.

Winged Dancer
Mon, 03-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Holy Mother of Cliffhangers, this episode was SO awesome, but all too short. Too short. Hiro looking at NewYork and knowing he failed? Isaac painting his own death? Nathan and Mr. Linderman? Peter vs. Sylar?!? A week wait??

Wow, I have to say I liked Mr. Linderman. Given he was being talked of so much, I was hyped to finally meet him - and he lived up to my expectations, really. Calm and collected, with an artistic hobby... gotta love a gangater with a liking for veggetables. And he seems to want to build a new future with mutants/people with abilities in the positions of power... I like him.

And Hiro is great as always. I hope we'll get more of him next week, anyone else notice that the "Previously on Heroes" turned out as "Zenkai made no arasuji"? I get the feeling that the show's producers are just as otaku as we are...

But oh, Peter vs. Sylar. Mohinder, why didn't you kill him when you had the chance? Bleh. Still don't like Sylar, Mr. Linderman FTW. Now, if Peter is the bomb that destroys New York and if Isaac is to be killed by Sylar, we know that neither of them will die, but it's still going to be one hell of a battle...

Which brings me to the question, do we know whether Isaac's paintings are absolute? Or is he just painting possible futures? So far, everything his painted has turned out to be the truth, but... well, I'm still hoping Peter won't explode.

Also, I still don't know 'bout the new reality-alteration woman... too much of a bitch for me. But time will tell.

And Jessica is awesome. She got a copy of Heavenly Sword, and the game is not even out! Yay for Nikki for becoming more self-reliable, too!

Turkish-S
Mon, 03-05-2007, 06:30 PM
good episode and sylar FINALLY did something nice.. him saying
"i gave you a chance to live" was really good for a change!.

Knives122
Mon, 03-05-2007, 06:50 PM
pffff, killing off Saresh is like saying: "here you go sylar, have all the cards, I don't care anymore. Just go kill everyone." We need at least one non-powered human element that isn't an asshole to help the heroes out(Simone is already dead and Bennet is got taken away).

Anyway, Peter is fucked unless he manages to get both himself and Suresh away, and it also looks like he got that scar Future hiro was talking about.

edit: and oh my god....a five week wait, I think I may commit future suicide waiting that long.

Dick Starbuck
Tue, 03-06-2007, 09:59 AM
this ep rocked!!
I was jumping up and down screaming like a girl, when i was watching this ep
like some people already said think this fight will give peter the scar
it was the first time in.... well the first time i thought that mohinder ruled.
and it makes me wonder because her sons got powers do you think that Mama Petrelli has powers too ?

Winged Dancer
Tue, 03-06-2007, 05:30 PM
That's just what I was thinking....

Not only abilities (or at least the gene that produces them) are inherited, and if both her sons (and grandaughter) have them...

Also, how did she know of Claire's existance? She was thought to be dead since she was a baby, and yet momma Petrelli knew about her and was always protecting her? Maybe her power, if she has one, has something to do with the way she has protected Claire.

Also, maybe the Petrelli father had an ability, too. He died of a heart attack, if I remember correctly? Or had he killed himself? Anyway, maybe those are a cover of sorts and he died because of his ability, or something like that...

Ah yeah, the plot thickens, or seems to thicken.

Munsu
Tue, 03-06-2007, 05:49 PM
The real question is, since when has she been protecting Claire especially knowing that she is her granddaughter. Maybe she didn't know who she was and was simply protecting some random person, but after her son told her about the daughter being alive, she might've put two and two together.

darkmetal505
Tue, 03-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Mohinder was looking cool... for a while. I like Linderman, the awesome laid-back, "I know everything" villan (if he is one). My friend brought this to light: is radioactive man the caveman from the Geico commercials?

Assassin
Tue, 03-06-2007, 11:06 PM
That's just what I was thinking....

Not only abilities (or at least the gene that produces them) are inherited, and if both her sons (and grandaughter) have them...

i dont think she has any ability. All the heroes we've seen so far have been middle aged adults or younger. Im pretty sure that the peter/nathan/nikki generation is the first to exhibit the "hero" gene.

rockmanj
Tue, 03-06-2007, 11:24 PM
What about claude? He's about the same age as HRG, which im guessing...is technically middle aged. But im not counting out hiro's dad having powers yert.

Board of Command
Wed, 03-07-2007, 12:27 AM
When I grow up I want to be like Sylar.

el_boss
Wed, 03-07-2007, 06:31 AM
OMG Linderman is Alex de Large :D

That was the highlight of the ep for me

Winged Dancer
Wed, 03-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Yeah, as Rockmanj said, Claude isn't that young... while I guess that the first generation to exhibit powers as a whole (well, nearly) is the one we're seeing, there is always the odd one out - like Claude, for instance, who had abilities at least15 years before the rest of the cast started to manifest.

Also, I think of it this way.... if Hiro's dad was active and gathering information on the powered-people that early in the game, then that means he has to have known of this from before Claire was even born.

I mean, 16/17 years ago he already had a whole net of agents searching for these people, and he seems to have a plan beyond just investigating these abilities, so surely he had known of them way before, right?

While this may or may not apply to momma Petrelli, I think it makes sense....

And I wonder if Hiro's dad knows about his sons abilities. I'm guessing no, since Hiro hasn't been taken for research and he doesn't have the two marks... boy I'm liking this show.

Edit: 1000 posts! After years and years in the forums, 1000. lol, I guess I should post more often.

Honoko
Wed, 03-07-2007, 09:32 AM
My friend brought this to light: is radioactive man the caveman from the Geico commercials?
I thought that too, and a Google search yielded a "no." The actor who plays the Geico caveman is John Lehr (http://www.johnlehr.com/). But it's still pretty funny though. Matthew Johnson does have some startling resemblance to the neanderthal :p

rockmanj
Wed, 03-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Hmm, that would really be something if hiro's dad didnt know that his own son had powers...but im pretty sure he knows, but hasnt reinged him in for some other reason.

side note to Wd: apparently ive been on the forums as long as u have, and im not really all that close to 1000 :-\

Rek
Sun, 03-11-2007, 12:10 AM
I don't think he would do that. If he knew Hiro had powers and was letting it slide at the moment, it would only be to see how he manifests. Now, it would be phenominal if Ando worked for the mysterious organization.
And reguarding Mrs. Petrelli, its possible she has powers, to be fair that organizations been around at least 15 years, assuming people manifest about the same time, and we really haven't seen many elderly people at all on the show.

side note to rockmanj: post count pew pew pew

ShinobiNiNaritai
Sat, 04-07-2007, 02:18 PM
2 weeks 2 days and counting. I cant wait to see the result of the Sylar V Peter. I bet Peter uses the invisible mode to help himself get out. Then grab Mohinder and fly outta there
And since Sylar can only gain powers by being all hannibal lecter, he cannot get Peters own unique powers because PETER IS NOT GOING TO DIE THERE. But Peter on the other hand could absorb any powers that Sylar manifests in their awesome to be titanic rumble. :-)

Stoopider
Sat, 04-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Whens the next release? 16th April? Tomorrow? Hahahahahaha. Yay. Unless it's next week then Boo.

Peter isn't going to die. Remember Hiro says he doesn't recognize him because this was before he had the scar. I wonder who's going to cause the scar. Sylar?

Foomanchew24
Sun, 04-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Next episode is the 23rd of April. There has been a day countdown on TV for new episodes of hero's so people knnow when it is coming back. Wish it was the 16th though, I would be very happy =)

Stoopider
Sun, 04-15-2007, 08:23 AM
SHITE!.. :( Thanks anyway.

kAi
Mon, 04-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Just caught up to this, and although it had a slow start which I didn't like it's gotten me interested now.

Well, if people with powers have been around for over 15 years, I'm sure there is alot more in that age gap, how old do you think the woman with the hearing thing that Sylar killed would be? The Petelli's mum more than likely has some kind of power, as it seems to be hereditary with what we've seen so far.

Sylar is fucken awesome, his character is well done, I hope he gets a shit load more powers, espcially Clare's, would make him really hard to defeat then.

Honoko
Sat, 04-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Out of curiousity, has anyone been following the comics that come out online weekly? There was this one major revelation that came out the past couple of weeks which I was surprised that it hasn't made a reference to in the actual TV series yet.

Munsu
Sat, 04-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Does it air on Sunday in Canada?

complich8
Sat, 04-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Out of curiousity, has anyone been following the comics that come out online weekly? There was this one major revelation that came out the past couple of weeks which I was surprised that it hasn't made a reference to in the actual TV series yet.

NO MANGA SPOILERS :p

Honoko
Sat, 04-21-2007, 06:22 PM
lol... yeah. Hardly anyone I know who follows the show follows the comics so I've been dying to blurt it out to somebody. Guess I'll just have to endure a bit longer :p

Yukimura
Sun, 04-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Holy Shit!!! I just checked out what Honoko was talking about, that was a pretty big surprise. I hope they explain it in the actual show but I doubt they'd be able to get away with not doing so.

Honoko
Mon, 04-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Um.... time paradox what? At least it's just a one-week wait =P I'm too hung up on the last scene to even talk about the rest of the episode.

Yukimura
Mon, 04-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Ah finally, Heroes is back and it was awesome. It seems like Linderman might really be at the center of everything like many have thought. But one thing is somewhat odd, if he's part of HRG's former group then who is it that's opposing him? Or is anyone opposing him at all?

One thing I'm a little dissappointed at is the fact that this episode has placed the plot onto a pretty canned track. We have an evil guy with good intentions trying to do evil things to bring about good results, with a corrupted puppet who thinks he's doing the right thing and a bunch of underdogs trying to stop his nefarious plan. It's still cool, but from the preview the plot could concieveably start rolling along a well beaten path in the next few episodes (please let me be wrong!). I'd say the best hope for unpredictability now is the wildcard Syler and his actions, will he join a side or stay on his little path of destruction.

@ Honoko: Thanks for the tip, reading the comics made it even better since I got some of the nuances of the situation that weren't specifically mentioned in the episode. (Not to be mentioned here for fear the spoiler rule extends to English TV as well)

Honoko
Mon, 04-23-2007, 10:00 PM
But one thing is somewhat odd, if he's part of HRG's former group then who is it that's opposing him? Or is anyone opposing him at all?
My hope is that future Hiro is the upset factor Linderman wasn't counting on.

Thanks for the tip, reading the comics made it even better since I got some of the nuances of the situation that weren't specifically mentioned in the episode. (Not to be mentioned here for fear the spoiler rule extends to English TV as well)
You're welcome :D

darkmetal505
Mon, 04-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I want to know what mama Patrelli's power is. Sylar vs Peter was a little dissapointing because I was hoping Peter would deflect the glass and just smack Sylar around with telekenesis.

complich8
Tue, 04-24-2007, 12:56 AM
I thought that would have gone down a little differently. I figured Peter would have ... you know ... not have turned around and stood there like an idiot. And I also figured he would sneak in Sylar's direction, and Sylar would hear him with the recently-acquired super-hearing. And then Peter would listen to Sylar's thoughts and fly to avoid the flying-glass attack, maybe use the telekinesis to fake footsteps...

At least, that's how I would have liked to see it go down. Might have been hard to depict with him invisible and whatnot though. Still, I felt that the Peter/Sylar confrontation as designed was ... sort of anti-climactic. Sylar gets knocked out but Suresh doesn't cap him in the head or stab him or anything?

DDBen
Tue, 04-24-2007, 01:03 AM
I thought that would have gone down a little differently. I figured Peter would have ... you know ... not have turned around and stood there like an idiot. And I also figured he would sneak in Sylar's direction, and Sylar would hear him with the recently-acquired super-hearing. And then Peter would listen to Sylar's thoughts and fly to avoid the flying-glass attack, maybe use the telekinesis to fake footsteps...

At least, that's how I would have liked to see it go down. Might have been hard to depict with him invisible and whatnot though. Still, I felt that the Peter/Sylar confrontation as designed was ... sort of anti-climactic. Sylar gets knocked out but Suresh doesn't cap him in the head or stab him or anything?

I couldn't agree more with you here. Honestly how Peter went down boggled my mind considering Sylar was holding up the glass for more then enough time for peter to react instead of being facing the opposite direction entirely.

Overall it was a good episode but they certainly need to give us a few major plot twists to make the long break worthwhile.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 04-24-2007, 02:04 AM
I can't believe Mr. Isaac dies. What did he mean by he found the way to defeat Sylar?

Honoko
Tue, 04-24-2007, 11:47 AM
After obsessively reading other forums and whatnot, my guess is that Mama Petrelli's superpower is some kind of clairvoyance. Here's the reasoning-- at some point Peter Petrelli was able to "know" what Nathan was up to via dreaming or whatever, right? That's not quite Issac's power nor was it anything like digging up the past the Indian boy demonstrated with Mohinder. Peter the power sponge must've gotten that ability from somewhere and the only person he's in close proximity with regularly would be his mother. This would also explain how the mom "knew" what Clare's been up to, or how she "knew" what her boys were doing. The way she speaks, it seems to imply a more intimate knowledge than having her own spy network or something.

KitKat
Tue, 04-24-2007, 12:04 PM
I can't believe Mr. Isaac dies. What did he mean by he found the way to defeat Sylar?
I'm guessing that's something he drew in his notebook.

I was also extremely disappointed by the Peter/Sylar fight. I'd think that killing Sylar is much more important for Mohinder than taking Peter's body to his family. Ah well. Peter hasn't had much time to develop his powers yet. Hopefully the next time he meets Sylar, he'll be more battle-ready.

Was anyone else surprised by the EMP? It seems HRG knows more about Ted than we thought.

Linderman's talk of his 'younger days' makes me think that him and Mama Patrelli were part of some sort of x-men type organization trying to save the world. I think in upcoming episodes, Mama Patrelli will be a force to be reckoned with. It's still a mystery how she knows the Haitian though. I'd really love to see some backstory on her.

But enough about backstory, because next week is THE FUTURE! Future Hiro is so awesome. Future Hiro + Present Hiro = Beyond Awesome. After five years, everyone will have had sufficient time to develop their powers, and hopefully we'll get to see some of the potential that all of our confused protagonists have.

Any theories on what Linderman wants Micah for?

@Honoko: That seems like a good theory. Something like when he was 'with' Simone's dad before he passed away?

Honoko
Tue, 04-24-2007, 12:16 PM
My guess is that he's gonna use Micah to rig the elections.

That seems like a good theory. Something like when he was 'with' Simone's dad before he passed away?
Yes! Good example. Thanks for that.

Yukimura
Tue, 04-24-2007, 02:15 PM

I suggest reading Heroes Novel Chapter 29: War Buddies Part 6 (In fact I recommend reading all of War Buddies while you're at it, you probably won't get that stuff in the show and it does make things more understandable).

Chapter 29 + Lindermans comment when asking for Micah ~ 'I had a plan in place but it seems that it has gone awry' = One blatant and very reasonable conclusion.

Assassin
Tue, 04-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Linderman's talk of his 'younger days' makes me think that him and Mama Patrelli were part of some sort of x-men type organization trying to save the world.

ya i got that impression too. im thinking, linderman, mama patrelli, and hiro's dad were all involved. Its quite possible that they started The Company to find and recruit others like them, but mama patrelli went her own way for whatever reason, and the company started targetting heroes instead.

gr3atfull
Tue, 04-24-2007, 05:57 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I loved this episode. :D I just loved the teamwork (Parkman, Ted and Mr. Bennet ) !!!!!!!!!!!! That was awesome!!!! I was laughing when Mr. Bennet was giving out the instructions and Ted had no idea what he was talking about.

I was also disappointed with the fight between Sylar and Peter. Could have been much better.

Where did DL go though? He just disappeared randomly. And, when Nikki/Jessica was in the car and this girl comes with black hair. Was that the mimic girl?

Cant wait for next episode!!!! 6 more days to go!!!!!!!!

Assassin
Tue, 04-24-2007, 07:22 PM
yes that was the mimic girl....did you somehow miss the part where she transforms like 3 sec before? :p

gr3atfull
Tue, 04-24-2007, 07:55 PM
yes that was the mimic girl....did you somehow miss the part where she transforms like 3 sec before? :p

Ohhhhhhhhh
I just got it!!!!!! I didn't get the part she transformed.... I thought it was like a random artistic movie making moment...... Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!! This cleared up a lot of things!!!!!!!!!!

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 04-24-2007, 07:56 PM
I am wondering more about the timeline changes. I was happy to see all the timelimes at the end of the ep. I think that they are going to do a Trunks DBZ thing where he goes back in time and then the timeline splits and creates a new one. Will be nice to see how they throw that together. Cool that Claire was able to help Peter, but I thought that Peter could only use powers of others if he thought about them and remembered them, how can he us a powe when he is knocked out? -dg-

Munsu
Tue, 04-24-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't know, I think there's probably something like "active" and "pasive" powers. I'm sure he doesn't need to be conscious for his body to heal itself. Also, being close to Claire probably helped too.

darkmetal505
Tue, 04-24-2007, 08:04 PM
It wasn't Claire that saved him, really. I think if anyone removed the glass, he would have regenerated. Same thing happened with Claire when she first died from the giant piece of wood in the back of her head.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 04-25-2007, 11:39 AM
It wasn't Claire that saved him, really. I think if anyone removed the glass, he would have regenerated. Same thing happened with Claire when she first died from the giant piece of wood in the back of her head.

Well she was in the same situation that he was, so she knew how to help. I just think that the whole thing was kinda lame. Just a plot device to get him back to the house and have Claire help "save the world". -dg-

gr3atfull
Mon, 04-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Ok. This must be in my opinion one of the best episodes for the following reasons:

1. Action
2. Most of the heroes were in a single episode.
3. FULL OF SUPRISES!

Now, I really want to know what happened in the future that so many "heroes" died. (is this what Honoko and Yuki were talking about?) And Sylar is so freaky. He has so many powers now.... And, what happened to the company?

It is interesting that this episode became like X-Men.

Honoko
Mon, 04-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Nope, not what I was talking about. But this is the ep that forces me to concede what an AMAZING villain Sylar is. That whole Nathan thing with Claire was BRILLIANT!

And how many of you just wanted to see that whole fire/ice battle?! Curse you, Mohinder for keeping the door close! Sacrifice your worthless life for eye candy, dammit!

And future Hiro's demise T_T Not to my favorite character, no! DAMN you, Parkman!

(Goes off to recover before contributing to this discussion....)

darkmetal505
Tue, 05-01-2007, 12:15 AM
WTF. I was skeptical at first because Issac painted Peter blowing up, so I found the whole Sylar = bomb story to be fruity. Apparently Issac had seen young Hiro go forward in time and then return again to fix things.

There were some pretty freaky twists in the future. Terroist Hiro with awesome sword action = saweet.

Yukimura
Tue, 05-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Amazing beyond all imagination, the Syler thing was perfect, especially since he was acting like Nathan has shown he'd probably act. And all the references...Candice, DL, etc...seems the people that HRG was hiding were being found...by Syler. And that Blue/Red battle must have been epic, I hope we see them go at it again in the season finale, but then Hiro can stop time and stab Syler in the chest or something.

Or maybe...that future is going to come to pass anyway and next season will be set in it!!!!!! That would be sad, but also awesome.

Addendum...Peter's Neo coat was Sweeeeeeeet.

Munsu
Tue, 05-01-2007, 12:55 AM
It's wierd that Peter has a scar though... I thought he got the scar because he had never met Claire, but in that timeline he should have... So I wonder what happened to have caused an injury that even Claire's powers can't heal properly.

Still, I don't think future or present Hiro knows about Peter being the actual cause of the explosion, so what we are seeing in the future (except for the Sylar portion) can still become true, even if Sylar were to be stopped and killed. It also shows that Peter does explode, even with him knowing it would happen... he wasn't able to stop it, so I wonder what new meassures can be taken so that he doesn't.

There was something called the Linderman Act if not mistaken, I wonder what it was about... I didn't hear well. I liked the Nikki/Peter pairing, I hope it happens... Peter was pretty badass in the future, I always thought he was a mama's boy and looked like a pansy, but with a bit of facial hair and the scar he actually looked worth something.

Knives122
Tue, 05-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Well the explosion is either going to be caused by Sylar killing ted, Peter taking his power, or Ted being injured to the point of his explosion. I think I have an idea on what's going to happen, but as I've noticed with this show, it doesn't do what I want(Expect for Peter getting fire powers).

So it's going to be really exciting when it actually happens(if at all).

darkshadow
Tue, 05-01-2007, 10:38 AM
It's wierd that Peter has a scar though... I thought he got the scar because he had never met Claire, but in that timeline he should have... So I wonder what happened to have caused an injury that even Claire's powers can't heal properly.

i think its kinda like trunks/future trunks, I don't think Future peter even met past Claire, cause if he did, future sylar should be dead after future hiro stabbed past sylar.

Anyway, great freaking ep, felt like a mix between the matrix and x-men.

Honoko
Tue, 05-01-2007, 10:41 AM
The link provided in this post probably contains spoilers from the comic book, so be really careful with what you read

If you want to try to twist your heads around all the timelines both Hiros messed around with and try to analyze the subsequent effects and such, read this attempt (http://comicbycomic.blogspot.com/2007/04/heroes-hiros-and-time-paradoxes.html).

Munsu
Tue, 05-01-2007, 11:25 AM
i think its kinda like trunks/future trunks, I don't think Future peter even met past Claire, cause if he did, future sylar should be dead after future hiro stabbed past sylar.

Anyway, great freaking ep, felt like a mix between the matrix and x-men.
No, they should've met... hence why Claire is alive and Sylar didn't get her powers until 5 years into the future.

And in this current future, they do think Sylar is dead... So some unforeseen circumstances occured that kept Sylar alive.

Also, why the heck would Claire still be alive in the future if Sylar supposedly has her powers, he only acquires them in the future we just saw.

So in conclusion, if future Sylar didn't get Claire's powers in the past... that could only mean that Peter saved her and should've gained her powers in this current timeline.

The only other possibility has to be that in this current Future, and in all futures Sylar never actually acquires Claire's powers in the past... with or without Peter's help, that it was simply a misconsception by Hiro and he survived Hiro's stab some other way unknown to us.

gr3atfull
Tue, 05-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I was wondering... Is there like a symbol for the red and blue colour ? I mean that the battle between Sylar and Peter was Red VS Blue. And when Mr. Bennet wanted to know if the kids had power, the colour was either red or blue.... Is this like a hidden secret code or something or am I just going into details?:confused:

Knives122
Tue, 05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
The fire and ice thing symbolism was suppose to be life vs death.

As you noticed Peter(the person who likes saving things) had fire(life, passion) while Sylar(the guy who just can't seem to get over his special obsession) had ice(cold cold death).

I was geeking out when I saw that though.

Assassin
Tue, 05-01-2007, 07:10 PM
No, they should've met... hence why Claire is alive and Sylar didn't get her powers until 5 years into the future.

And in this current future, they do think Sylar is dead... So some unforeseen circumstances occured that kept Sylar alive.

Also, why the heck would Claire still be alive in the future if Sylar supposedly has her powers, he only acquires them in the future we just saw.

So in conclusion, if future Sylar didn't get Claire's powers in the past... that could only mean that Peter saved her and should've gained her powers in this current timeline.

The only other possibility has to be that in this current Future, and in all futures Sylar never actually acquires Claire's powers in the past... with or without Peter's help, that it was simply a misconsception by Hiro and he survived Hiro's stab some other way unknown to us.

HOLY SHIT AWEOME EPISODE!!!!11111

now that i've gotten that out of my system....:p

i think there are actually 3 seperate timelines (that we've seen/know of). Theres the original timeline where all the shit happens, sending future hiro on his original adventure....thats the timeline that we haven't seen i think.

Then theres the second timeline, the one we saw in this episode, and the 3rd timeline which is in the past, the one hiro will now try to change. The reason i think theres 3 time lines is cuz frist, when future hiro and past hiro meet, future hiro says something like "why are you here, none of this should be here" and then he goes on to explain that he stabbed sylar, but it must not have worked.

Heres how i think it happend. Future hiro tries to kill sylar by stabbing him, but sylar heals cuz of his claire powers. Then future hiro decides he has to stop sylar from healing in order to kill him, so he goes to see peter and tells him to save the cheerleader (the results of this are what we saw in this episode). As a result, peter get claires powers instead of sylar, and explodes wihtout dying. Now future hiro is thinking that after his talk with peter everything should be back to normal, but when he comes back to his time line, it hasn't altered the way he wanted it to (hence the "none of this should be here" comment). SO....future hiro has now sent past hiro and ando back so they can change the timeline a third time, this time killing sylar permenantly. I think as a result of them going back, peter will also stop from exploding, or atleast explode somewehre else so this whole chain of events doesn't start over again.

Psyke
Wed, 05-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Great episode. But since there are different time lines being created, even if Hiro changes the current time line, the one that Peter blew up will still be destroyed, and he will still have to fight it out with Sylar. It's just that some where there will be a whole new time line without the explosion, assuming that Hiro does succeed in stopping all 3 guys capable of blowing themselves up.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 05-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Nathan is a bitch! I know that wasnt him, but it is something that he would do. I think that it is great that he thinks that is him in the painting in the white house, but really it was Sylar.

Munsu
Thu, 05-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Nope, it's him in the White House... he should've gotten that far and that's why it's Sylar behind the courtains in the painting.

Strider
Fri, 05-04-2007, 12:47 PM
I love this show.

However, there were a few things that had me disappointed lately.

Parkman [in the most recent episode]. It's been five years and you mean to tell me that he is unable to read minds yet without that completely horrific face of his? The look of half-concentration, half-constipation has got to go. After five years, and given it is his profession, I would imagine you would work on that.

I may also be applying Marvel physics here, but I would also think that if you can read thoughts, you would also be able to project them. Again, that is more than likely just me associating telepathy with the great characters of Marvel.

Peter v. Sylar. Their fight was bologna. It was crap. Why was Peter facing away from Sylar? He does not become blind when invisible. It was a terrible plot device to bring Peter and Claire together again, and allow her a moment of use within the family. Additionally, Peter goes invisible and everyone loses sight of him. It's a good thing Sylar has enheightened hearing. Yet, they seemed to forget about that.

Peter [in the most recent episode]. It is five years farther into the future from where we left Peter. I wanted to see a display of more powers. He doesn't have to know the person. He didn't know Claude before becoming invisible. He is like Synch. He just needs to be in proximity once, and that's it. I was hoping for more development and advancement there, since his potential is limitless.

Time Traveling. I am confused and I need it dumbed down for me, a la Back to the Future. Just show me a flux capicitor and break it down.

Other than that, this show is fantastic. I am hoping Sylar is killed. He seems like a very weak character. I mean that in terms of his personality. His goal is petty. He is "eating" brains, and watching him eliminate super powered people every episode is irritating. I want the story to advance, but if a new power is introduced it is disheartening to me as a viewer to watch it be snuffed out in the same episode. The company Eric Roberts works for seems appropriate to be the focal point of the show, in regards to the main evil. I like the idea of government corporations, who also employ and utilize super powered people to do their dirty work. Weapon X ftw.

Again though, this is an exceptional show. Apologies if I repeated other peoples' thoughts and comments, as I did not go through all of the pages, only the most recent three. Hopefully, repetition is not a bannable offense now.

Turkish-S
Tue, 05-08-2007, 04:08 PM
WTF why is nobody discussing the new episode? bit weird everybody walking around in new york without anyone intervening? So mr bennet wants to kill the little girl.. (but doubt that will happen) and wtf happened to hiro? It was nice though seeing that sylar has his ice attack and Peter obtained his fire hands(or something else hot) like we've seen in the future.

gr3atfull
Tue, 05-08-2007, 04:47 PM
I did not like this episode. Almost nothing happened... We just get to know that there this girl who can find people with abilities. Also, Sylar thinks he is going to explode and he doesn't want to kill innocent people. Weird of him....

Honoko
Tue, 05-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Ya, this ep was definitely lackluster in a lot of ways. We find out that Sylar, despite his potential badass-ness, is basically a mama's boy. Boohoo. I think the writers were trying to make me sympathize with his character but I lack that kind of empathy, sorry.

Mama Petrelli in the leagues of Linderman I'm not surprised with, but just totally disappointed. The man's completely insane. Getting what you want at the expense of others is not cool.

Plus the Niki/DL scene was dumb. I read that even Tim Kring admitted that the storyline/writing with this family was not the best and were hoping to make up for it by the season finale. By the way it's going, I doubt that the season finale can even deliver =P

So yeah, I'm still waiting to see how shit goes down in the next two weeks but I'd give last night's episode a "C".

Eddie_Brock
Tue, 05-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I have too agree with the rest of you guys, this ep pretty much sucked.
Especially after the previous episode, I thought this ep would rock oh well.

Its seems though that the Company is under Mister Linderman and Sylar is starting to think of being president interesting.

And hooray for Hiro to be able to teleport with out going to the future ! I doubt that Peter obtained that power yet,
the power we saw in the future was fire not nuclear power.

I cant wait for the next week though, shit WILL hit the fan :D.

Yukimura
Tue, 05-08-2007, 09:17 PM
I didn't feel that this ep was that terrible. I did feel what we were supposed to feel about Syler. Yes, he chose to be an evil psycho and take his mommas boy nonsense to an obscene level, but I still felt that if she had been content with him as just a watchmaker he could have stopped. And the irony of the standard mom message of 'You can be the best b/c you're so special' being so twisted in Syler made her saying it over and over all the more effective.

Also the stuff with Candace (aka Mysterio) was pretty cool, a) the fact that her power isn't limited to her own form, and b) the ice cold slap in the face she gave Micah. Her bitch factor continues to grow and grow, I hope she manages to somehow have a part in the finale or maybe next season.

However, the stuff with DL and Nikki is getting pretty dumb and boring, too bad, since I thought Nikki/Jessica had decent potenial.

kAi
Tue, 05-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Most scenes with DL are just plain annoying, I wish Sylar would hurry up and take his power it would be much better.

I liked the future where Sylar was president because I like his character, hopefully now he isn't so much of a mama's boy, it was weird to see that he isn't that psychotic in the way that he doesn't want to sacrifice innocent (meaning people without powers) people and didn't want the bomb to go off.

Assassin
Tue, 05-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Am i the only one who thinks its wierd that sylar managed to negate hiros time stoppage? We know he doesn't have hiro's power, so what other power could let him, for all intents and purposes, defy the laws of space/time? It better not be somethign lame like his telekenitic power or some shit.

I liked the stuff with sylars mom. To me, he's finally become a real character, instead of a one dimenstional cartoon villan. Now we know why he is the way he is, obbsessed with being special. And we see a human side to him, twisted though it was, when he starts to panic about blowing up new york.

Wtf is with nathan....hes working with linderman AND the company? And they both want him to let the explosion happen? wtf. somenoe explain this to me, cuz im lost in regards to his motives and intentions.

I find it stupid that mohinder believes the whole "Molly is the only one that can stop sylar" shit...all she can do is find him. Big deal....finding isn't the same as stopping. He should know that better then anyone. I just hope he realizes the company is using him, and doesn't actually know how to stop sylar.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-09-2007, 12:50 AM
For Syler, I'm thinking Hero lost focus as he swung the sword and that's why time unfroze

For Nathan, it looks like now Linderman is the head/a head of the company, like Hiro's dad, and possibly momma Petrelli. Nathan was most likely introduced to that Company guy as a contact, after he came back from LV. Something that is slightly off about this is that if Momma Petrelli is part of the company why does the Hatiian work for her and why is she hiding Claire. An easy answer would be that she's on board with the Company policy, but not when it involves her family hence she got Claire away from them before they could start experimenting. Another possibility is that she used to be involved but then left because she disagreed with Linderman or something, and now is going her own way.

gr3atfull
Mon, 05-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Good episode even though not a lot of action happened.

I wonder how mimic girl looks like... It seems that she must be really ugly that she wants to get "cured" badly......

And, I want to know why is Mr. President so bad? Why doesnt he want to help Hiro? And I hope Ando doesnt get himself killed....

A lot of sad stuff happened. I cried when Ted and DL died. So sad.... They didnt deserve to die.

I want to see what happens with Parkman and Co. Mohinder is really starting to get on my nerves...

darkmetal505
Mon, 05-14-2007, 09:36 PM
And, I want to know why is Mr. President so bad? Why doesnt he want to help Hiro?

It's because of the whole "let the bomb go off, save the world" ordeal that Linderman was negotiating with Nathan.

Yukimura
Mon, 05-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Another awesome ep. Syler is badassly evil, Hiro's dad was so cool I can almost believe Hiro became a sword master in the space of a few hours. Maybe Hiro's dad made that room a hyperbolic time chamber.

complich8
Mon, 05-14-2007, 11:27 PM
I was just thinking that, watching that scene ... "Hiro should be training both his swordsmanship and his ability, by making that into an isolated bubble of time" ...

Going from creampuff to even a decent swordsman in a few short hours seems ... err ... implausible. And Syler telekinetically flipping a SWAT van doesn't...

Also ...
http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/3/1/2/ctrl-alt-del-20070514_original.jpg

Honoko
Mon, 05-14-2007, 11:50 PM
DL was finally useful in the show. That's the first thing I thought after we see him grab a fistful of Linderman's brain. What a way to die. But the Niki/Jessica thing was... eh. I know it's kind of necessary to keep the storyline around because of Micah. But wasn't it interesting how Linderman implied that by having two specific people meet he can create greater chances of breeding specific abilities into people? At least, that's how I read that statement.

Mr. Bennet was totally awesome. No-nonsense shootdown of his former boss. That was great but uh, shouldn't some of the consequential blood splatter get on Parkman or something? Add that to Hiro's ability to wield a sword within the space of a few hours, I guess.

And I thought showing Illusion Girl's (Candace?) insecurities about her body weight or appearance was a nice touch. Makes you wonder what she really looks like.

There were some parts where I thought the writing seemed forced but maybe that's just me with a fine-tooth comb. Can't wait for next week. Does anyone know if it starts at the same time or an hour earlier? I heard it's gonna be a 2-hr season finale.

Eddie_Brock
Tue, 05-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Man i loved this ep, my heroes of this ep were defenitely Hiro and Mr. Bennet
Hiro training was awesome, it felt like watching a anime or something :D . The way Bennet killed his former boss was to cool for words seriously.
I didn't expect Linderman and DL to die, especially DL because in the future Syler had his powers.
All in all a good ep and i can't wait to next week!

rockmanj
Tue, 05-15-2007, 10:37 AM
hmm...maybe DL isnt quite dead yet...from what i saw in the last scene, he was still moving; but barely. Hopefully he somehow makes it out alive (i dont see how, though, with linderman both dead...and if not dead, not wanting him to live). Maybe he can pull a Sylar and eat the brains he pulled out and heal himself :P

WhoGoesThere
Wed, 05-16-2007, 04:35 AM
I agree that this show is one of the best so far. I like the ability of Hiro, and I wouldn't mind having that.

kAi
Wed, 05-16-2007, 02:12 PM
A nice episode, I wonder if DL is dead because that takes away some of the future from the one we saw with Sylar having his power, although it's a possibility that there is someone else who can do it.

Sylar is awesome yet again! I hope he is around for a long time to come.

Linderman could've helped alot of people with his power, I loved the way he died though.

But wasn't it interesting how Linderman implied that by having two specific people meet he can create greater chances of breeding specific abilities into people? At least, that's how I read that statement.
That's also how I took it, it's interesting as it also may be why that girl molly has the ability to find anyone she's looking for.

gr3atfull
Thu, 05-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Maybe he can pull a Sylar and eat the brains he pulled out and heal himself :P

Would be really awesome if he did it.... I mean, where did his brain go?

rockmanj
Thu, 05-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I think DL just pulled a chunk of it out of his head. That's kinda gross now that i think about it.

complich8
Fri, 05-18-2007, 05:30 AM
a rather disturbing way to kill someone, to be sure.

Turkish-S
Sat, 05-19-2007, 02:35 PM
I do think its painless though.

rockmanj
Sun, 05-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Well, touching the actual brain, in theory should be painless, but i think he left a hole in linderman's head, which would hurt a lot...

Psyke
Sun, 05-20-2007, 10:59 AM
I had the impression he squeezed the brain juice out of his brain, since his eyes went red just before he died.

rockmanj
Sun, 05-20-2007, 01:01 PM
-_-...that's even more gross

darkmetal505
Mon, 05-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Dai Pinch....

Ok finale. Felt like it could have been better. Volume 2 looks interesting with the origins and whatnot. Hiro back in early Edo should be entertaining not to mention that eclipse that they showed.

I'm not sure if Peter can regenerate in space and come back, so who is going to stop Sylar now?

joker-kun
Mon, 05-21-2007, 09:25 PM
It sucks the season is over, but an AMAZING finale!! I'll discuss after inserting my spoiler warning~~

SPOILER FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVN'T SEEN THE FINALE

I thought it was really good. I especially like how Saving the cheerleader actually did save New York. Considering 1.) Sylar couldn't regenerate, and 2.) Nathan's change of heart (which I totally called). There's of course a few cliff hangers that every finale leaves you with. The one's that I seen (I may have missed some) were:

What's happened to Peter? We know he lived, but where is he?? Hope it isn't something lame like he was blown out to space. Will he still have his badass scar?

What's happened to Nathan? Is Nathan actually dead? Or was he able to shoot off in time to save his life. Heck Peter could even use the power he got from Sylar to just knock him flying. Or he was around Hiro at the end there. Maybe he teleported Nathan somewhere and teleported back. Or maybe he's just dead!

What's happened to Sylar? It looked like the "flash of victims" in his eyes meant he was dead. But the trail of blood said otherwise. Personally I think he's dead, but I think (my next question) will come into play on this one. I think he was taken away by someone... someone worse.

Who was Molly talking about? Worse than Sylar?? I thought that was impossible :eek: (well not really...) Personally I think whoever it was will become the main antagonist. We've probabaly even seen them. I also think they were the one who took Sylar. To do who knows what with his body, somehow absorb his power? Maybe he's the opposite of Peter in that they have unconditional hate not love. Who knows. But I hope Sylar is actually dead. Otherwise it's a tad cliche.

Is there still more behind Mama Petrelli? She still seems to mysterious to me. Maybe she's the next bad guy (girl)? Id oubt it, but I do think there's more to her.

What's to become of Hiro? Is Hiro going to be stuck in this past? I hope not because I love him. But it does look like we finally got to see the eclipse. Now just to find out what's behind it. Maybe Kensie is the super villain :p

What's behind the eclipse? Is that when the DNA began to change? Did it affect everyone who saw it? Did it affect those soldiers and who looked like Kensie (I hope i'm spelling his name right? The dude Hiro got the sword from).

A Power we don't know about? Was Charles and Peter's "get together" Charles power or Peters?

Thoughts on Next season? I think because of the name Generations we might see Hiro stuck in the past for awhile. Maybe the eclipse was the start of all "power" but Hiro seeing it reverts him back to normal. I think we might see Peter and or Nathan in a different time frame as well. Of course we'll also see the struggles of modern day Heroes and their new or old villain.

It'd be cool to see people's responses and perhaps some more questions that I missed or left out. Either way awesome finale, cannot wait till next season!

Honoko
Mon, 05-21-2007, 10:03 PM
J-kun pretty much summed it all up. Hiro in samurai Japan, that's freaking awesome. And I already pre-ordered the Season 1 DVD set through Amazon.

Although I also do agree with darkmetal's comment above. Somehow, I felt like this whole thing could've ended so much better. Some of it felt kinda anti-climatic. Like, the reason why I predicted a long time ago that Nathan was gonna carry Peter up and fly away was so that Tim Kring can prove me wrong and think up of something more brilliant. But that didn't happen. Boo. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to Season 2.

Ryllharu
Mon, 05-21-2007, 10:04 PM
What's happened to Peter? We know he lived, but where is he?? Hope it isn't something lame like he was blown out to space. Will he still have his badass scar?

What's happened to Nathan? Is Nathan actually dead? Or was he able to shoot off in time to save his life. Heck Peter could even use the power he got from Sylar to just knock him flying. Or he was around Hiro at the end there. Maybe he teleported Nathan somewhere and teleported back. Or maybe he's just dead!

Who was Molly talking about? Worse than Sylar?? I thought that was impossible :eek: (well not really...) Personally I think whoever it was will become the main antagonist. We've probabaly even seen them. I also think they were the one who took Sylar. To do who knows what with his body, somehow absorb his power? Maybe he's the opposite of Peter in that they have unconditional hate not love. Who knows. But I hope Sylar is actually dead. Otherwise it's a tad cliche.

Peter was alive and scarred only in the future where the bomb went off at street level and Sylar stole Candice's powers to become Nathan (who he obviously also killed). We're now pushed into a different future. DL and Mica are both alive, Parkman is probably dead. I think it's safe to say that Peter and Nathan are both dead for good. Peter could never really control Ted's powers, and he'd be threatening to lose it all the time unless he spent a lot of time controlling it. (Like the month or so Ted took.)

I think it's pretty clear the villain for next season will be Molly's phantom person. "When I think about them, they can see me..." Very creepy. Definitely looking forward to it. Sylar better be dead, he was starting to get annoying.

One more thing to think about. What ever happened to that woman who could used the internet and satellites all the time? She met up with Ted and later Parkman, and was never seen again. Did I miss when she died or disappeared?

complich8
Mon, 05-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Noah ...

sorta fits, I guess.

Nathan being dead makes sense -- if I had been in Nathan's position, I'd have chucked Peter oceanward and flown clear... but maybe he's not that quick-thinking. Peter being dead doesn't. Peter being scarred might, given that he still exploded ... if anything's going to carve a big ol' gash across someone's face, it'd be that, I'd think. Of course, Peter probably should have been able to fly himself away, for that matter.

Syler ... my money's on hiding out in the sewers. From the wound, should be dead, but remember that his original power was really just insight into how things work, and he gained powers after applying that insight. So maybe he'll be able to fix his broken self before he completely stops working. He's also still got that telekinesis bit, he could probably use that to improvise bandages (hold blood in, pull severed arteries together, etc) and probably also for a bit of self-surgery. Assuming he gets to himself in time, that is.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-22-2007, 07:25 AM
It's not like Peter could fly away from the explosion, he was the explosion. It was centered around him because his entire body generates it. I also don't see how you can regenerate from little bits. Even Claire died in the alternate future when Sylar cut her head open in just the right way.

I suppose we could say Ted never died when he generated the radiation and blew up the Bennet house for instance, but it was clear that Peter never really had control over Ted's powers.

The series has a bittersweet ending if Peter died, with the two brothers sacrificing themselves for the greater good. If only Nathan is dead, then it just comes off sour to me.

gr3atfull
Tue, 05-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Okay ending.

But I really want to know what is Momma Petrelli's power, Hiro's dad and Charles. And what was the "dream" Peter had?

Hopefully Sylar is dead because I am getting tired of that "weak" enemy.

I personally hope that Peter will survive and Nathan dies. One of them must survive.

Turkish-S
Tue, 05-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Maybe hiro's dad is Kensie (sp?). I also hope (probably not though) that sylar and peter are dead and hiro stuck in the past ,with that, all the sick strong powers are gone. So we will get a x-men like team who will fight the bad guys.

darkshadow
Tue, 05-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Kensei, sword saint, someone with god-like skill in wielding a blade, the most famous being musashi miyamoto.

rockmanj
Tue, 05-22-2007, 10:25 AM
I was kinda thinking that peter could have just flown real high into the sky, since you know, he CAN fly. I guess that wouldnt have been as emotional, i guess. Oh well. I kinda hope that nathan isn't dead; i kinda liked his character. But you know peter isnt dead, and neither is sylar (comic book rule #1: the main protagonist and villans have allerterative names lots of the time i.e. peter peterelli, gabriel gray). I think the really bad man might've been the hatian, although thats kinda out there. And im hoping Ando gets powers...like he looks like he could be fast or something, like quicksliver.

Also, i think a guy that is way worse than sylar, and like could easily overpower him, yet works with him would be an interesting angle. Think about it...u know sylar would be pissed, and waiting for an opening to chop the guy's head off the whole time, but he just wouldnt be able to...that would be both funny and dramatic (the double whammy!!!1)

Eddie_Brock
Tue, 05-22-2007, 04:35 PM
It was a nice ep with lot of action, drama and progress.
But i really hoped there would be a peter vs sylar fight but i think they want to keep that for season 2 cuz sylar ain't death or like some others already said about the new villain taking over sylars power or working with him.
Maybe the new villain is one of the friends of Linderman who ' lost his way'. And Hiro in the past going to be bitching :D

Assassin
Tue, 05-22-2007, 07:22 PM
ya teh new uber villian could be one of lindermans friends. It could also be some one from the past...i mean like, 'mideval japan' past. We know this kensie guy is connected to the heroes somehow, since his insignia seems to turn up everywhere. And with that eclipse, it realy seems like they're foreshadowing a major even that happened (or rather, is happening) in the past (maybe the origins of the mutation). So im thinking whoever this new villian is, he'll be like 400 years old.....the first villian as it were. Maybe kensei's original enemy.

That would be awesome, cuz then hiro would play a central role once again, and become even more badass.

oh, and while im at it.....imagine hiro learning battoujutsu from kensie, and training for like10 years. mutant powers + uber 1337 samurai skillz = BAD ASS

gr3atfull
Tue, 05-22-2007, 08:52 PM
If the new villain is super old from the long long time ago. That will be exactly like X-Men with Apocalypse. I am not complaining. It would become a even more awesome show.

Board of Command
Tue, 05-22-2007, 09:33 PM
I don't like how Sylar died so easily...and was really killed by Hiro after all.

SYLAR HAVE MY BABIES <3

Honoko
Tue, 05-22-2007, 11:17 PM
We don't know if he's dead-dead yet. There was one shot towards the end where you see the bloody ground where Sylar was supposed to be trailing to an open manhole. Not to mention the cockroach crawling around just before it cut to Volume 2. Recall the appearance of a cockroach back when Sylar was caught by the Company and how he fooled people into thinking he passed away in order to escape.

rockmanj
Tue, 05-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Oh yea...i remember that...maybe the next super-villan is some sort of bug guy (cockroaches have been around for a looong time, and are really adaptable. it makes sense).

kAi
Thu, 05-24-2007, 12:18 AM
I was suprised, I thought Sylar was dead there for a second. He might've been dragged to the man hole, but it's funny that no one picked up on it at first or even the ambulance didn't take him, as he was pretty far away from it. I would've liked to have seen Sylar get Clare's power at the end or Parkman's. I thought he was going to get Parkman's when he went off after him.

I see Hiro doesn't have full control of his powers, or is it the only place he thought of before he got launched into the building.

FullMetalAlchemist
Thu, 05-31-2007, 12:23 PM
It's funny how many of you think peter is dead when he lived in the future after blowing up new york lol. Hiro ending up in japan like that must have just been him panicking that he would end up as a pancake on the building so he warped anywhere without thinking. I actually thought he would end up in the pre historic era fighting a t-rex like that early picture in the show lol, would have been awesome :). Sylar has to be alive since we saw the bloody trail into the sewer. hey maybe peters mom is the evil person that girl can't see lol.

el_boss
Fri, 06-01-2007, 06:47 AM
I'm having a hard time accepting that Linderman is dead. Such a lame way to go for such a great man.

Maybe there is an hero ([sic] lol) that can bring people back from the dead.

ktchris69
Fri, 06-01-2007, 09:29 AM
if there ever is, then death will have no meaning in the series, i think that would ruin it all

darkshadow
Fri, 06-01-2007, 11:57 AM
It's funny how many of you think peter is dead when he lived in the future after blowing up new york lol.

I think its because people take the whole "exploding" in the way of, exploding into little bits, INSTEAD of an explosion of energy, that is how i always saw it.
I mean c'mon, look at this:
http://heroeswiki.com/images/4/40/Painting_burning_man.jpg
http://heroeswiki.com/images/1/18/Peter_explode.jpg
It always seemed like a massive release of energy to me, instead of blowing himself to bits.

There is no way peter is dead, sylar was 100% dead at the end of the show, he was just dragged of by some new person.
Nathan, i dunno, all cases i come up with nathan dies, cause there is no way he outran that explosion, even if peter, stopped time or flew by himself, the explosion was way too big.

But yeah, ppl take explosion way to literal.

Mizuchi
Fri, 06-01-2007, 04:24 PM
hey maybe peters mom is the evil person that girl can't see lol.

i really really believe that the haitain is the evil person that the girl cant see. i believe this for a few reasons.

1) the haitain can negate peoples powers. So if there is only one person that can negate the tracking, it pretty much has to be the haitain.

2) Im not SURE but i think that somewhere in the series, the haitain could tell when a power was trying to be used on him, like mind reading i think he may have realized his mind was trying to be read. And the girl says that he can tell when hes being watched.

3) This was a real small part and i dont remember it too well and it may just be something else, but like, when bennet and the haitain were walking down the hall to go somewhere, and bennet confronted the haitain about that he knows that the haitain told claire whats really going on or that someone found out he could talk or something, and then he yelled at him for doing something, and then the haitain said it was an order from someone with a higher voice than him, so its obvious that hes working for someone else, maybe as a part of a organization of villains like hiro's dad's old friends who have "turned to the dark side". Kind of like Itachi from naruto being part of akatsuki. Pretending to be good for a while, then turning on everyone and joining a large organization.

complich8
Fri, 06-01-2007, 05:01 PM
But he's also got an apparently limited range for this. We don't know how Molly's power works (or anyone else's for that matter), but presumably she wouldn't get within the limits of his powers when he's, say, in texas and she's in new york, or something like that.

Further, while he's played along with "bad" guys (Bennet's company), he's also played along with Bennet to the detriment of the company. Bennet trusts him so far as to let him poke around in his memories...

I don't know what the Haitian's goals are, but they seem to be generally in line with the goals of the good guy squad.

I think, given the current cast of characters if Syler really is dead (which I'm not convinced of), season 2 needs a villain who hasn't been introduced yet.

Also, Itachi was legitimately good, he wasn't just pretending. I expect that he probably turned on the Uchiha clan after realizing the brutal, even fratricidal history and inner workings of the clan that would let them even discover Mangekyo -- it's not like he invented it or anything. He likely felt that the clan as a whole deserved extinction, and that it would only happen if he made it happen. And he likely left Sasuke alive because he felt that as both part of the clan and the murderer of his entire extended family, he too deserved extinction. Even now, we don't really know Itachi's motives or goals, past or present.

Munsu
Thu, 06-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I think the "bad" guy Molly is reffering to is the guy Peter was a nurse of in the beginning of the series, the one that talked with Peter after he fell unconscious. He's a well known actor, and I don't think they would bring him back towards the end of the season for nothing. I think he still has a big part to play.

?igma
Thu, 06-21-2007, 05:51 AM
This series will soon start running in the Netherlands (or just has ), is it worth following ( assuming that a 40 page threadhistory is enough to guarantee that ) or does the storyline drop, as it did with Lost (imho) ?

Munsu
Thu, 06-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Peter was alive and scarred only in the future where the bomb went off at street level and Sylar stole Candice's powers to become Nathan (who he obviously also killed). We're now pushed into a different future. DL and Mica are both alive, Parkman is probably dead. I think it's safe to say that Peter and Nathan are both dead for good. Peter could never really control Ted's powers, and he'd be threatening to lose it all the time unless he spent a lot of time controlling it. (Like the month or so Ted took.)

How the future timeline gets affected still hasn't been explained. In the future we saw, Claire was alive so that means that Peter did save her (hinting that the future we saw was already affected by some changes in the past) as we saw in the "Save the Cheerleader" portion of the series, so that means that he got her powers and still got a scar. Was it already explained how he got the scar?

As I said in a post a couple of weeks ago, the only other way is that Claire never dies in any timeline and Skylar never acquires her powers, in any storyline. Mr. Bennett simply staged her death to get her away from the company. But "Nathan" and Claire knowing each other in the future, strongly hints that she probably also met Peter at some point, which I'm guessing is from the current storyline we've been experiencing.

Has this been revealed yet? A yes or no answer will suffice.

Honoko
Sun, 07-01-2007, 12:15 AM
I wish it was a simple yes. Basically, the implications were planted in the show itself towards the end, with that particular comic confirming it. I don't want to spoil you by accident since it's so murky and we both may have a different opinion of what a spoiler is.

Yukimura
Mon, 07-02-2007, 01:45 AM
It's not really a spoiler to answer his question, I don't see how one could derive exactly what was revealed in the comic from the show alone. Much like Lindermans "little problem" for which he needed Micah, the comic explaination of that would be a little bit of a stretch to make blindly, though I guess it's possible. But I would say no, what Honoka mentioned was not revealed in the main show with any level of explicitness.

animus
Wed, 07-18-2007, 07:43 AM
So, I just finshed watching all the episodes in a span of like 3 days and I was hooked. I really liked the show, it was gorey, and it had Hiro. Anyways, anybody know when a possible second season would air, if at all?

rockmanj
Wed, 07-18-2007, 07:56 AM
Well, seeing as how it was the most popular show in america, its been picked up; it'll probably start sometime in the fall.

Munsu
Tue, 07-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Comic-Con '07: Heroes' Panel

The story contains some minor spoilers from next season, so don't discuss it here and read at your own risk:

http://www.tv.com/story/9973.html?tag=story_list;title;0

Y
Wed, 08-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Only one part of that is really surprising (and not in a good way).

My prediction for season 2: Sylar dies very early on, probably in his first appearence getting killed by the new Big Bad. Sylar is too ridiculously powerful to stay alive for another confrontation with the heroes and it's unlikely season 2's Big Bad is going to be teaming up with him.

Honoko
Fri, 08-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Only one part of that is really surprising (and not in a good way).

My prediction for season 2: Sylar dies very early on, probably in his first appearence getting killed by the new Big Bad. Sylar is too ridiculously powerful to stay alive for another confrontation with the heroes and it's unlikely season 2's Big Bad is going to be teaming up with him.
I root for that prediction as well, but in press conferences Tim Kring made it very clear that he really loved Sylar's character (I don't know why =P) so I think it's more likely that the S2 Big Bad will use Sylar as some kind of lackey.

Munsu
Sun, 08-26-2007, 11:47 PM
A couple of days ago Kristen Bell (lead of Veronica Mars) was added to the show. Apparently she'll be a guest star for a couple of episodes... I hope she stays long enough to be promoted to a full cast member, she's great and hot.

Koyuki
Mon, 08-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Agree. I wasn't that big fan of Veronica Mars, but I watched some episodes. Kristen is a pretty good actor and she is hot :)

Munsu
Mon, 08-27-2007, 02:04 AM
You have to see her episodes on Deadwood, she was awesome.

Koyuki
Mon, 08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
I'll try that. Anyways I heard that Sylar (Zachary Quinto) isn't going to appear that much next season, cause he is shooting the next Star Trek movie. He's playing Spock.

Honoko
Thu, 08-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Hooray, my season 1 dvd came in this afternoon =] Now if only I had time to watch it...

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 09-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Agree. I wasn't that big fan of Veronica Mars, but I watched some episodes. Kristen is a pretty good actor and she is hot :)

She always reminded me of a cheap knock of of Chloe on Smallville, that she is a great actress. I love her!

animus
Tue, 09-11-2007, 04:33 PM
When's the second season start?

Foomanchew24
Tue, 09-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Monday September 24, 2007. www.tv.com is your friend, but it bares bad news often like how your show is canceled and what not, makes me cry sometimes.

Munsu
Mon, 09-17-2007, 06:05 AM
Has Heroes been airing reruns through the summer? Just wondering why Heroes is going to air something tonight, if the season premiere is the 24th as it has been announced everywhere.

Killa-Eyez
Mon, 09-17-2007, 06:51 AM
Downloaded the batch a couple of days ago, cool series, I personally like future Hiro with the fluent English, just shows how good of an actor he is... Syler's geetin old and the moment I thought he did, Dolly came with the info that there's another person much worse then Syler is...

*And he can see her...*

@ Munsu: They'd have to be reruns, I get them here to. Like Foomanchew24 says, season 2 airs on the 24th this month.

Lucifus
Mon, 09-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Next Season of Heroes starts tonight at 9 on NBC. Don't miss it.

Munsu
Mon, 09-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I bet you Hiro becomes Kensei.

Edit: Looking at the previews, it seems I may be mistaken.

Lucifus
Mon, 09-24-2007, 09:18 PM
WooT! End o the ep. Guess whos back? :D

Ryllharu
Mon, 09-24-2007, 10:41 PM
I could really go off on all the thoughts and speculations I had watching this episode (most blown away by the end of the episode), but I'll wait a little while longer so everyone gets a chance to see it.

mage
Tue, 09-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Mage, stop doing stupid shit...you should know better then to make useless spam posts. Im not going to bother with warnings anymore, you'll just be perma banned.
-Assassin

Honoko
Tue, 09-25-2007, 11:06 AM
A good ep, although nothing amazing. I'm a little upset about Hiro's dad, though, and I thought the unknown villain with a bag over his head was really lame. At least use some clever shadowing or something =P

But I hope that most of the basic pieces were set in this ep so this season does look a bit promising.

Munsu
Tue, 09-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Looks like Peter has some new powers right? Also, I really like that new latin Hero, I wonder what her power is.

By the way, was there an eclipse in the first season? I don't remember it, so I'm wondering why Hiro said "Not again!" when the eclipse showed up. Claire's new friend has powers, and he'll probably become her boyfriend. You think he was sent by someone, or is he simply just some random kid with super powers?

Anyways, I thought that Kensei being an Englishman who doesn't care for shit was nice. For a moment there I thought that Hiro might actually become Kensei, but it seems like he has some powers himself, so now I doubt it.

Koyuki
Tue, 09-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Looks like Peter has some new powers right? Also, I really like that new latin Hero, I wonder what her power is.

By the way, was there an eclipse in the first season? I don't remember it, so I'm wondering why Hiro said "Not again!" when the eclipse showed up. Claire's new friend has powers, and he'll probably become her boyfriend. You think he was sent by someone, or is he simply just some random kid with super powers?

Anyways, I thought that Kensei being an Englishman who doesn't care for shit was nice. For a moment there I thought that Hiro might actually become Kensei, but it seems like he has some powers himself, so now I doubt it.

Peters new powers was the same he used in Peter vs Sylar, I think. But I wonder how he got them and it also seems like Peter has lost his memory. From the looks of it, I think the new latin Hero can make peoples brains explode or something.

The eclipse is first shown in the first episode if I remember correct. Seems like Claire and West (the new guy) are going to be close friends.

I also thought Hiro might become Kensei. I'd like to see how Kensei/Hiro progresses. A really good season premiere. I can't wait till next week.

Ryllharu
Tue, 09-25-2007, 11:59 AM
I wasn't sure what Hiro would do, but since he's become a little more proactive, I wouldn't be surprised if he kept taking Kensei back in time until he does things "right." We'll see. I won't put it past Hiro doing everything and claiming he was Kensei, it could happen yet.

Until they showed Peter, I wasn't sure if Peter was impersonating Nathan or not, the scar tissue made it unclear to me who it really was. Peter hadn't absorbed any powers like Candice's, but you never know with him anymore.

I also briefly entertained the idea that Clare's new friend West actually was Nathan (somehow...), keeping an eye on her. The powers were the only thing that gave me that hint, but it all flew out the window (intentional pun) when Peter showed up.

I always liked Molly after her introduction. She seems strangely mature. Perhaps it's because everything she's been through. It seems she'll be much more prominent from now on, and Saresh is finally taking an active role, against the Company. That reminds me of the dinner scene at the "Butler's" that was a nice bit of humor injected in.

The best part about the premier? No Nikki and Micah.

Munsu
Tue, 09-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Peters new powers was the same he used in Peter vs Sylar, I think. But I wonder how he got them and it also seems like Peter has lost his memory. From the looks of it, I think the new latin Hero can make peoples brains explode or something.

The eclipse is first shown in the first episode if I remember correct. Seems like Claire and West (the new guy) are going to be close friends.

I also thought Hiro might become Kensei. I'd like to see how Kensei/Hiro progresses. A really good season premiere. I can't wait till next week.

If I remember correctly, Peter was fighting with radiation (red color), while Sylar was using something of blue color (maybe an electric charge or freezing power or something), kinda like what Peter used now. I may be mistaken though, but I don't have the first season episodes to check.

Knives122
Tue, 09-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Peter was using fire while Sylar was using ice.

No spoilers.
I warned you once before in this thread. Do it again, and you'll have a vacation from this site.

Koyuki
Tue, 09-25-2007, 01:47 PM
No no, you're probably correct. I don't have the episodes from first season either, going to buy them on dvd, so I deleted them.

@Ryllharu Maybe this is were Peters memory is, trapped in Nathan? Don't you like Nikki?

Assassin
Tue, 09-25-2007, 02:42 PM
are the comics available for download somewhere? i dont like using the site cuz it was all laggy and shit.

about the ep, it was decent. kensie being a gaijin = awesome. Never saw that coming. I wonder if he has any powers though...probably does since he seems to be the origins of that symbol. maybe he's like the Hero's version of Apocalypse...the first mutant. I wonder though, how would the general population react to kensie being a white guy.....most of us are anime watchers so know the occasional white devil showing up in medieval japan isn't that strange...but for those who aren't aware of that, it mite seem odd that the Japaneses hero is actually a brit.

The scene with bennett nearly breaking that guys finger was also awesome. guess its hard for him to keep a low profile as well. About the eclipse, i figured spok was alluding to an earlier eclipse from his own days. Theres obviously some connection between the heroes and the solar eclipse, so its that that far fetched to assume that there was an eclipse that led to some major events when the 12 (or was it 13) Company leaders were together.

Munsu
Tue, 09-25-2007, 03:07 PM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9483/kenseiswordce4.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kenseiswordce4.jpg)

joker-kun
Tue, 09-25-2007, 06:54 PM
are the comics available for download somewhere? i dont like using the site cuz it was all laggy and shit.

about the ep, it was decent. kensie being a gaijin = awesome. Never saw that coming. I wonder if he has any powers though...probably does since he seems to be the origins of that symbol. maybe he's like the Hero's version of Apocalypse...the first mutant.

Maybe the child that comes from him and the swordsmith's daughter is the first mutant? She was pretty hot... i'd bone her.

Don't reveal information from future episodes.

complich8
Tue, 09-25-2007, 11:42 PM
If I remember correctly, Peter was fighting with radiation (red color), while Sylar was using something of blue color (maybe an electric charge or freezing power or something), kinda like what Peter used now. I may be mistaken though, but I don't have the first season episodes to check.

"Don't burn hot, burn bright" (Bennett to Ted, instructing him how to make an EMP instead of just irradiating everything around him).

IIRC, Ted's emp power was blue, while his irradiation power was red. As you might recall, Syler also got Ted's powers. My belief is that both Syler and Peter were using ted-powers there, but I also haven't gone back to rewatch it or anything.

Munsu
Wed, 09-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Why would they fight with an EMP type of power though? How much harm can an EMP cause, besides affecting electronics?

Yukimura
Wed, 09-26-2007, 12:18 PM
If properly focused and intense enough EM radiation above the microwave range would be more than sufficient for devastating a living body. Microwaves boil water (even if it's inside you), Infrared, Visible and UV light can cause burns, and X-rays and Gamma rays can break molecular bonds and generally just fuck up the chemicals that hold a body together.

However whatever Peter did to that guy imparted quite a bit of momentum, something EM is not exactly good at. I suspect he's either picked up a new power from somewhere or the writers decided to broaden the definition of radiation to include concussive force.

EDIT: Issac -> Peter

Koyuki
Wed, 09-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Another thing I've been thinking about Peter. Maybe someone from the Company kidnapped him and trained him? Also he could be compressing energy, and make energy balls?

Honoko
Wed, 09-26-2007, 03:24 PM
I'd rather think he met up with some human taser and absorbed his power. 4 months is a long time-- anything could've happened since he blew up in the sky.

Assassin
Wed, 09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Another thing I've been thinking about Peter. Maybe someone from the Company kidnapped him and trained him? Also he could be compressing energy, and make energy balls?

I dunno about the training, but its definitely possible that someone took him. He didn't just handcuff himself inside an empty crate. But i doubt its the company...they wouldn't have let him go like that....seems like theres a third party involved. Also, note the necklace he's wearing.....he got that from somewhere since he didn't have that last season.

Munsu
Wed, 09-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Even if he had had it last season, I would say it's safe to assume that it would've been destroyed when he exploded.

animus
Wed, 09-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Was I missing something, how is Peter's brother still alive after taking off with Peter in the sky and exploding? I did miss the first 10 minutes, but was the explanation in there?

Munsu
Wed, 09-26-2007, 06:01 PM
No, there wasn't. But, there's no reason why he wouldn't have flown away when Peter was about to explode.

What I do wonder though, is that scene in the bar when he sees himself in the mirror with all his face burned up, wondering if that's a sign of guilt or if it has another meaning.

Idealistic
Wed, 09-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Maybe the child that comes from him and the swordsmith's daughter is the first mutant? She was pretty hot... i'd bone her.

Eww... No way. She looked so weird. All the talk about a beautiful swordsmith's daughter and then that's all we get? They could have found a way hotter japanese girl.

It was a nice episode though. Nice introductory back into the series. What I want to know most is what Molly sees in her nightmares. Looks like Sylar is back. I really don't know how though. Maybe it ties into Hiro and his time traveling.

Claire and West? Don't tell me we are going to see a magic carpet ride in the future.

We have never seen that skill that Peter used. It was like a blue blast or something. And no it wasn't ice.

As of right now, there's just not enough info to really speculate on what is going on and how Peter and Sylar are alive.

@Munsu, I'm wondering the same thing too. Was that his face or was that Peter's? Maybe Nathan found his body all burnt up? I didn't think the explosion was like a bomb, but was more of like just radiation/flames just erupting from his body. And uhh.... He might have regenerated himself with Claires ability, but the radiation and stuff fried his brain cells so he lost his memories or something.

joker-kun
Wed, 09-26-2007, 09:05 PM
The thing I don't get is that future Peter (one with the scar) also blew up yet had all his memories. I think the whole losing memory thing is kind of stupid. It's inconsistent. It adds to the story though so it's obvious why it's done.

Psyke
Thu, 09-27-2007, 10:33 AM
When the gaijin punched Hiro, I thought he would leave his gear behind so that Hiro can become the real Keisei, and also the creator of that symbol. Anyway, I loved how Hiro took out his glasses again when he first realised that Keisei wasn't Japanese. :p

darkshadow
Thu, 09-27-2007, 05:37 PM
No, there wasn't. But, there's no reason why he wouldn't have flown away when Peter was about to explode.

What I do wonder though, is that scene in the bar when he sees himself in the mirror with all his face burned up, wondering if that's a sign of guilt or if it has another meaning.

Maybe he has healing powers too, but not as awesome as his daughter's?
perhaps he was burned to a crisp in that explosion.

Or peter did the cliche "save yourself!", and nathan saw peter slowly burning up before being pushed back by a telekenetic blast by peter or some stuff..
meh...

complich8
Thu, 09-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Why would they fight with an EMP type of power though? How much harm can an EMP cause, besides affecting electronics?

Something that a lot of people don't realize is that solid matter's not actually solid. It's full of empty space, and the thing that actually acts as a surface is the electromagnetic force.

(for other entertaining examples, I'd like to point at experiments in high-density magnets. I direct your attention to Diamagnetism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamagnetism), and to the applications (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ_gzB0WKF0) thereof.

Of course, given that the Heroes universe involves people radiating gamma's, conjuring fire, flying and slicing people's heads open with their minds, I don't think anyone should take the physics that seriously. Just saying, the electromagnetic force is what makes solids solid... so anything a solid object can do, the right type of emf can also do.

- next topic -

I think that Nathan definitely tossed Peter, probably outwards over the ocean, realizing that there's not a lot of wide open spaces several miles square within 30 or 40 blocks of downtown NYC. And probably, after he blew himself up, he probably plummeted to the ocean, where Nathan couldn't find him, having flown far enough away to not get blown up. And, more likely than not, either the new shadowy villain who can see molly, the company, or just some crazy opportunistic fisherman fished Peter out of the drink, half-drowned and unaware of what the hell was going on.

(Which makes me think ... I wonder if Clare's also immune to drowning... )

Seeing himself as a charred corpse instead of an unshaven bum is definitely a reflection of his survivor-guilt. He feels that he should have died, that that singed appearance should have been him. Deep in his heart, I'm sure he feels responsible for the events going that way, because until the very end he didn't actively try to stop them. He was caught up in his mother's and Linderman's game, which involved killing half the population of New York in a nuclear blast. If he had listened to his brother, had trusted the guy who had always been a moral beacon for him instead of the mother he always knew as manipulative, he'd have maybe been able to stop things.

At least, that, I think, is what his mindset is. It's reasonable, too, given that he's been on a bit of a megalomania kick for his whole adult life...

darkshadow
Sat, 09-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Claire is immortal, she is immune to death, at most she would go into a deep sleep.
Yes yes future sylar cut out her brain, but if you would put it back she would just heal up again.
She doesn't die, she just.... sleeps or something.

Killa-Eyez
Sat, 09-29-2007, 08:41 PM
@darkshadow: It makes you think what he actually does do with their brains...
Knowing his ability is to see how things work he could just check it out and then have the ability, but if it's taking their abilities, the victims would lose theirs right? Which means Claire actually would die... Offcourse this hasn't been revealed yet (the ability taking method that is) and all this is just speculation.

Ryllharu
Tue, 10-02-2007, 06:08 AM
[Episode aired last night, so be warned if you have to wait for a download]

Hmm, adventures with Hiro in medieval Japan just got a lot more interesting. At first I got a little disappointed because it seemed like he was going to end up pretending to be Kensei, but I think him being the attendant and Kensei the mostly-willing participant is a lot more interesting.

Wow, Clare is stupid. Who leaves their car unlocked at school? Not to mention lopping off a toe when she's got a stalker who thinks she knows something.

The Peter story got a little more interesting too, though the parts of the preview pertaining to it were really lame.

[end content]

animus
Tue, 10-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Oof, missed the episode last night. Forgot it was on while I was playing Gears.

Honoko
Tue, 10-02-2007, 12:25 PM
The twins' abilities are intriguing me more and more... I'm not so sure of my personal theory of Maya manipulating sound anymore, not with Alejandro being able to use some kind of reversal effect to nullify her actions.

And I don't know if it's because I'm a girl or what but Nathan's beard is really really annoying. It's the fakest-looking beard ever. It looks like someone glued a raccoon or something onto his chin.

Assassin
Tue, 10-02-2007, 04:58 PM
nathan is officially a terrorist. as for maya's abilities, i think they're biological. like, some kind of plague that she can control, and her brother is resistant. Something like that would be an interesting addition to the various powers.

Takezo being able to heal is an interesting twist...though i figured he'd have some sort of power, i didn't think it would be healing.

animus
Tue, 10-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Since when did Peter have the ability to go through objects or telekinesis for that matter. I don't remember anyone with that ability approaching Peter. Unless of course, he absorbed stuff from Sylar as well.

Ryllharu
Tue, 10-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Telekinesis he stole from Sylar long ago, even before their first fight that nearly got him killed. I believe he picked it up from Sylar when he saved Clare in Texas.

As for the phasing, I don't remember him getting into close contact with D.L. or even knowing that's what he could do, but they were fairly close in the plaza. I think it's a stretch, but he could have gotten it from then.

Munsu
Tue, 10-02-2007, 09:56 PM
He had used telekinesis when he fought Sylar and in other occasions. I'm pretty sure he got near D.L. too.

Assassin
Tue, 10-02-2007, 09:58 PM
I think its been established now that peter picked up more abilities in the 6 months since his explosion. Its quite possible that he had a few of tehse abilities in season 1 but we never saw them....he was near sylar quite a few times, and we know sylar had more abilities then the 4 or 5 that he exhibited on screen, since he killed a shitload of people.

TwisT
Wed, 10-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Well he picked up the invisible part without knowing he did that. So maybe he just have passed someone on the street that had the power. And if they have to use the power when he is close for him to absorb it could have been someone on the street using his powers and Peter could have just passed by without even noticing it. And then later discovers he had absorbed it.

Just because they didn't make any scenes about certain powers doesn't mean he didn't absorb them. Sylar had a bunch of powers that we didn't get to see him take. That doesn't mean he don't have them. And like Assassin said he could just have picked it after his explosion.

And he don't have to have been close to D.L either. Their powers are not unique. Other can have the same power. Just look at Kensei and Clare. They can both heal. Sure they are a few hundreds of years a part. Or Clare's classmate and Nathan. They can both fly. So Peter could just have absorbed it from someone that we haven't seen so far and maybe will never see.

Psyke
Wed, 10-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Clare cutting off her own "useless" toe was a bit extreme..... maybe because I was having dinner at the same time. So does Clare really feel pain? She didn't finch much while her hand was being cooked.

And I fully agree on what Honoko said about Nathan's beard.

darkshadow
Wed, 10-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Claire cutting her toe of was utterly pointless, did she forgot her finger grew freaking back when she put it in the sink garbage disposal thing?
Other then that great ep, season 2 is shaping up badass.

Honoko
Wed, 10-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Her fingers didn't actually grow back. They were just horribly mangled and her healing ability corrected the problem. (I happened to see that ep a couple of days ago so that image is still fresh in my head. Mmmm =P)

rockmanj
Wed, 10-03-2007, 11:49 PM
[Episode aired last night, so be warned if you have to wait for a download]

but I think him being the attendant and Kensei the mostly-willing participant is a lot more interesting.

[end content]

I don't really agree with that...it just seems really silly to me. I know he loves the story and all, but he's acting like an 8 year old kid. It just seems a little much for me.

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-04-2007, 07:00 AM
But the common (in time paradox science fiction anyway) use of a character loving some story from the past, only to find out they are that destined historical figure is very overdone. The stuff with Kensei has to happen, and I'd much rather it not be Hiro who has to fulfill all the roles he admired so much.

This way, he get to manipulate the greedy gaijin into doing what he was supposed to do.

rockmanj
Wed, 10-10-2007, 01:10 AM
It seems Sylar's powers work by just looking at things, and understanding its underlying structure, and apparently he does the same with human brains. What i don't understand is how he changes himself, or are there mechanisms for each ability that he can turn on and off?? Ohhh its all too confusing! Why couldnt he have used his powers for good and become, like a rogue surgeon or something??

KitKat
Wed, 10-10-2007, 01:45 AM
I am so happy Heroes is back! There are still lots of mysteries, it seems. I just finished watching this weeks episode, and here are my thoughts.

Claire's flying boyfriend: Creepy before, and remains creepy still. Not as creepy as Sylar, but he ranks up there on the creepiness scale.

Peter's new love interest: Perhaps destined for the same fate as his previous lady friend. They haven't done too much character development with her yet...I'm not convinced they're going to keep her around. He has a nifty new tattoo at least now.

Micah's (grandmother? great-aunt?): Oooh, ooh, new power? Maybe?

Sylar: "Braaaaiiiiins"

As episodes go, this was pretty good. We saw progress on a number of different storylines, and saw some of them start to intersect. I didn't expect Nikki to be sick. The twins' power is still mysterious, but it looks like Maja can invoke it consciously. I wonder if this American guy they broke out of jail will feature in further episodes. So much to look forward to next week!

Munsu
Wed, 10-10-2007, 02:21 AM
He doesn't have a nifty tatoo, didn't his regeneration powers erase the tatoo?

rockmanj
Wed, 10-10-2007, 02:25 AM
Strangely, no...but i was thinking; that's awfully weird that he can have a tattoo, which is nothing but a scar with paint in it :s. I would say he could selectively control his powers, but we've seen he has forgotten how to do that. I guess its just a convenient plot hole...

Munsu
Wed, 10-10-2007, 02:43 AM
I just rewatched the scene, the tatoo does disappear.

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Micah's (grandmother? great-aunt?): Oooh, ooh, new power? Maybe?
Played by Nichelle Nichols no less. First George Takei, now her, who else from the original Star Trek will show up?

West is really obnoxious. Now he's even got some horrible grudge against her father.

Yukimura
Wed, 10-10-2007, 09:28 AM
If I saw right (which I may not have considering my near blindness) I think before Peter's tattoo disappeared it transformed into The Symbol.

Other Random Thoughts:
The marketing gimmick spun around 'What's in the Box?' was lame, but fortunately it seems to have been a one time thing. I have no problem with the Irish plot line but I have a strong dislike of the cliché of amnesiacs resisting rediscovering their former life so I'm not pleased with the way they're handling the current situation with Peter on principle. Hopefully they'll force his memories back on him quickly so he can make his own decisions as the Peter we know.

I think Nicki went to the Company looking to have Jessica's personality suppressed or removed not for a cure to some ailment.

I think the disease was a Company created method to control other special people that may gotten out of their control.

I also thought Sylar had the disease but that wouldn't explain why he could still use his super perception but couldn't use his powers so that theory is looking pretty shaky.

I think Micah's grandmother will turn out to be a voodoo priestess who can actually do magic stuff thanks to her ability.

And finally I think Clare's flying boy may be a company plant, but that's a pretty light theory at this point. Side Note: Does Clare think her dad is the only person on earth who wears horned rimmed glasses? And if so, what the hell did she think he did for the company? I'd really hoped she'd grown out of trusting total strangers just because they had powers over her father who's given up everything for her.

Turkish-S
Wed, 10-10-2007, 09:43 AM
I also thought Sylar had the disease but that wouldn't explain why he could still use his super perception but couldn't use his powers so that theory is looking pretty shaky.

i think sylar is still in an illusion... So the fat gal isn't dead at all.

animus
Wed, 10-10-2007, 10:16 AM
I think she might really be dead. The whole time Sylar was screaming for his powers to come out, I was like OK, so this bitch is gonna drop the bomb on him that it wasn't actually an illusion. But I don't think she would reveal her real fatty self.

KitKat
Wed, 10-10-2007, 10:47 AM
If I saw right (which I may not have considering my near blindness) I think before Peter's tattoo disappeared it transformed into The Symbol.

Ah, you're right. I'd only just noticed the brief appearance of The Symbol when I watched the ep and totally missed the tattoo disappearing.

Played by Nichelle Nichols no less. First George Takei, now her, who else from the original Star Trek will show up?
I can't believe I missed that. I'm the worst Star Trek fan ever, not immediately identifying Nichelle Nichols. That's awesome though! Too bad they already killed off Takei's character. It would have been neat to have an ep with both of them in it. Maybe we'll get a flashback where they're in the same scene.

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-10-2007, 11:24 AM
And finally I think Clare's flying boy may be a company plant, but that's a pretty light theory at this point. Side Note: Does Clare think her dad is the only person on earth who wears horned rimmed glasses? And if so, what the hell did she think he did for the company? I'd really hoped she'd grown out of trusting total strangers just because they had powers over her father who's given up everything for her.
Pretty much any scene with West in it has been terribly written. I'm wondering what the writer's were thinking, 'cause the high school melodrama angle isn't working at all. And the flying scene was just ridiculous. I wanted to change the channel.

Also does anyone else think that Candice (or whatever the shapeshifting girl's real name is) is pulling one over on Sylar? She might have tricked him into thinking he's killed her, hence why his powers aren't working. It makes sense, since she's clearly working for someone and wouldn't be so careless as to leave herself in a dark room alone with Sylar. I never read the comics, so I didn't know about her "real" appearance either, so that was a pretty awesome revelation regardless.

AND WHY IS NO ONE DISCUSSING THIS?
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2281/hrgdeaddf4.jpg

Turkish-S
Wed, 10-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Also does anyone else think that Candice (or whatever the shapeshifting girl's real name is) is pulling one over on Sylar? She might have tricked him into thinking he's killed her, hence why his powers aren't working. It makes sense, since she's clearly working for someone and wouldn't be so careless as to leave herself in a dark room alone with Sylar. I never read the comics, so I didn't know about her "real" appearance either, so that was a pretty awesome revelation regardless.

i think sylar is still in an illusion... So the fat gal isn't dead at all.

??????????????????????????????
Btw we kinda knew she was fat.. if you can remember her scene's with mica...

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Sorry TS, I read over the last few pages of the thread to make sure no one else had mentioned that. I guess I missed yours.

Also I missed about 3 episodes from the latter half of Season 1, so that other thing must have slipped by me too.

Sapphire
Fri, 10-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I didn't even know Heroes had restarted until English class earlier. *Goes to download the eps*

Munsu
Mon, 10-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Tonight's episode was good, but I can't wait for the next one. I think I got a boner watching the previews.

Idealistic
Tue, 10-16-2007, 01:03 AM
??????????????????????????????
Btw we kinda knew she was fat.. if you can remember her scene's with mica...

??? She was hot, and she was a different girl at the time. I don't remember any fat girls. But damn, I laughed so hard when she turned into a fat girl and Sylar saying "now that's silly, being someone your not." LOL... reminds me of internet chicks.

@Xanbcoo, same here man! I knew it was going to turn into some drama crap along with the dating/flying together. Not what I wanted to see.... All they were missing was a magic carpet and the song "a whole new world".

Anyways, I still don't know if Claire's dad is a good guy or a bad guy. They always throw in twists and turns so you can't really judge anyone until it ends. But in that picture, it looks like he got shot through his eye..... Nikki Sander's sniper rifle? Claire and West standing in shock? No clue.. But I don't think West and Claire would kill her father.

Speaking of Nikki, it looked like she was wearing some eye shadow or whatever inside that one guy's office... She offering herself again?

As for Peter not wanting to open that box, he's going to be a lost hero just doing his own thing while Sylar threatens the world again. It's going to take someone, perhaps Nathan to find Peter and have him open that box. Then he'll be like "This is who I realy am, I'm suppose to save the world!"

Oh and damn! They got a Sharingan user in Heroes! Whooooo she pwned that robber. And it looks like she'll be getting that manager job after that performance.

Assassin
Tue, 10-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Damn, nice episode tonite. Turns out the freaky supervillain is parkmans father. who would've guessed. Too bad for molly being stuck in that comatose state....anyone notice the thing with her eyes when you saw the picture? her pupils were actually the kanji symbol. pretty nifty.

also, whats the deal with sylar and the bug? taht giant cockroach always shows up...is it just a metaphor, or is one of his powers making cockroaches appear out of thin air?

rockmanj
Tue, 10-16-2007, 03:52 AM
I didnt see that...anyway, i'd take her over sasuke anyday rawr!! Yea, the cockroach thing is weird...

Knives122
Tue, 10-16-2007, 01:20 PM
The cockroach/sylar thing summed up is supposed to be how they are perfect evolution and how they are really hard to kill.

Oh and my hate for West is continually growing with each episode.

FullMetalAlchemist
Tue, 10-16-2007, 02:48 PM
I dont mind west lol people seem to hate him for some reaon. i was emo since peter wasn't in this one his developement seems to always be good. sylar needs to die already unless they wanna do a final battle between him and peter cause of there powers. i dont think he will be cought by a sword in the stomach twice lol.

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Anyways, I still don't know if Claire's dad is a good guy or a bad guy. They always throw in twists and turns so you can't really judge anyone until it ends.
He's a good guy. He took a bullet to protect and risked his job and safety to protect Claire last season. It's just poor writing that they've suddenly decided to throw in a new character to stir drama up where there shouldn't be any.

I missed yesterday's episode. Gonna have to catch up.

Koyuki
Tue, 10-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Good episode. We'll probably get to see the nightmare man soon. Next episode is going really nice.

@Munsu Guess who's appearing next episode :P

Munsu
Tue, 10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Why do you think I got a boner watching the previews?

Idealistic
Tue, 10-16-2007, 06:59 PM
He's a good guy. He took a bullet to protect and risked his job and safety to protect Claire last season. It's just poor writing that they've suddenly decided to throw in a new character to stir drama up where there shouldn't be any.

I missed yesterday's episode. Gonna have to catch up.

So West is that new guy huh? Ughh.... I guess it's clear why they chose HIM to also have a flying power... So they can add in that script where he takes Clare flying I see.

Lame.

animus
Tue, 10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
What happened in the previews? Watched a DL version which didn't have any.

Anyways, a pretty good episode, totally lacking action though. It sucked that it didn't have any scenes of Hiro, but it was good that there were none of Peter. So I guess it balances it out that way.

Anyways, I hate the West scenes, but kinda like the Maya and Alejandro scenes. They totally give off the twincest vibe and even better now that Sylar knows wtf is going down.

Lastly, thank god Nathan got rid of that beaver off his face.

Munsu
Tue, 10-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Kristen Bell showed up, she's nice.

animus
Tue, 10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Ah, that Veronica Mars chick right? Not bad.

Koyuki
Wed, 10-17-2007, 11:32 AM
@animus That's right. Hehe Nathan looked like an amish guy.

I wonder what will happen with Maya, Alejandro and Sylar. I don't think he can take Mayas power, he would probably need Alejandro to turn him back, but on the other hand he has the ability to change who he is.

Btw I also watch the DL versions.

Idealistic
Wed, 10-17-2007, 08:30 PM
@animus That's right. Hehe Nathan looked like an amish guy.

I wonder what will happen with Maya, Alejandro and Sylar. I don't think he can take Mayas power, he would probably need Alejandro to turn him back, but on the other hand he has the ability to change who he is.

Btw I also watch the DL versions.

Maya's powers are sort of cornyish... I thought the people die when she uses her ability, but apparently not. But yeah, I don't think Sylar would find her powers very useful, I mean you use it and it affects yourself. So what would be the point of that when he has all those other powers.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-18-2007, 12:05 AM
We don't even know if he still has his other powers, as I don't think he was able to take betty's powers. Something may still be wrong with him. Otherwise, why would he kill someone with a brick when he still has other, less conspicuous powers?

Turkish-S
Thu, 10-18-2007, 04:00 PM
@XanBcoo : no problem dude.. sry i acted like a dickhole...

And Id3aLiStiC it was mentioned before she was fat.. go rewatch the last 3 episode's of last season. It's in her convesation with micah.

Knives122
Thu, 10-18-2007, 06:09 PM
@XanBcoo : no problem dude.. sry i acted like a dickhole...

And Id3aLiStiC it was mentioned before she was fat.. go rewatch the last 3 episode's of last season. It's in her convesation with micah.

It was also in the comic books that explained the emergence of her powers.......which have been out for weeks...

KitKat
Fri, 10-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Ugh, too much West in that episode. Pukey dialogue.

Hopefully after having got that out of the way, we can go back to a storyline that's actually enjoyable to watch, like Hiro's!

rockmanj
Sat, 10-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Im probably the only one...but im not a big Hiro fan. And what kind of name is West anyway??

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 10-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Micah's cousin kind of has a Sharingan if you think about it.

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Any speculations on who Elle's "daddy" is? They both work for, or at least have connections to the Company. Bob seems to be the obvious choice, since we've never seen his, or much of any powers out of the old generation.

Then again, given how convoluted the Patrelli dynasty got last season, it could be anyone.

Yukimura
Mon, 10-22-2007, 10:54 PM
@Ryl Bob's power is or includes turning things into gold, though it could extend to other materials as well. I figure Elle's dad may have been introduced in the comics but I'm very behind so I'm not sure if that is still plausible.

Speaking of Naruto references that Parkman vs Petrelli confusion fight reminded me quite a lot of a certain filler episode. Though to be fair the whole "make the two see each other as enemies and fight each other" wasn't exactly new even then.

Anyway, the episode was nice, it hinted that powers can evolve over time and hammered home the whole family bond angle even harder. I'm sure we'll find out at least one or two other Heroes' parents were in that photo.

In other news: Caitlin is hot.

Munsu
Mon, 10-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Micah's cousin kind of has a Sharingan if you think about it.
You came up with this all by yourself?

Anyways, I liked tonight's episode, Kristen Bell was enough. We learn where Peter got his electricity powers from, so that means that during the time he was missing Elle and him had to be together at some point. Maybe she's the reason why he lost his memories, maybe with a bit of shock treatment.

Parkman's dad was kickass. He looked like such a wimp, he had me fooled.

By the way, anyone got a screencap with the picture of the whole "parents" group. You know the picture that the killer is using to target the victims, the one with Peter's mom and Nakamura?

Knives122
Tue, 10-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Maybe she's the reason why he lost his memories, maybe with a bit of shock treatment.

Could've been the Haitian, who is missing his necklace after all, and peter just happens to have one.

Honoko
Tue, 10-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Definitely a kickass episode. I wasn't really feeling this season yet (despite my enthusiasm) until Parkman's dad showed up. He was totally badass.

As for Nikki, damn her for being such a wimp. I thought she had a virus problem, not a personality disorder. I thought the personality crap was resolved last season, so what was up with that little rampage before? Bah!

Best part of the episode: no West! Woohoo!

animus
Tue, 10-23-2007, 10:59 AM
No West is good, but Peter sucks. And no Maya =(

rockmanj
Tue, 10-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Y

By the way, anyone got a screencap with the picture of the whole "parents" group. You know the picture that the killer is using to target the victims, the one with Peter's mom and Nakamura?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x51/rockmanj/vlcsnap-13574258.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x51/rockmanj/vlcsnap-13573614.jpg

Look like Parkman's powers are evolving...don't want to bring up Naruto again, but it looks like he will have L337 genjutsu powers, if his dad is any indication.

animus
Tue, 10-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Maybe he'll become Phoenix later...

Yukimura
Tue, 10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Hispanic looking guy in the bottom left...Alejando and Maya's dad perhaps?! Either Goldfinger or the guy looking away from the camera is likely to be Elle's dad. I don't see Goldfinger requiring that much mystery so my money is on the guy looking away, I mean come on his face is randomly obscured in a photo he must be pretty darn evil.

The three women we haven't seen yet offer potential connections for Nikki and Micah. Maybe even Syler will match up with one of these people as well.

Assassin
Tue, 10-23-2007, 03:42 PM
The guy looking away is peter/nathans father. Nathan mentioned this when he showed parkman the photo. And since he's already dead, and hasn't been mentioned at all, its unlikely he's the father. There's a slight chance that he could show up later and be some super secret villain who was pulling everyones strings, but its still unlikely he'll be the father. Im going with Bob...he seems to be most likely candidate.

Also, anyone one else think The Company is just bob? Or atleast, completely under bob's control. He's one of the original members, so i find it hard to believe that he'll be working under anyone, keeping an eye on suresh and stuff.