PDA

View Full Version : Warning to all WoW players.

sairane
Fri, 09-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Not sure this is the right section, but i know a few people on these boards play World of Warcraft so i thought i would put out the warning here.

ui.worldofwar.net has recently admitted that their servers have been hacked, resulting in a huge number of people being infected by keyloggers. Some of this comes from adds on thier site, others from mods. Most popular 3 being svch0st.exe , g0ld.exe and scvhost.exe

Even if you havnt been to the site, the 'hackers' have been using people's accounts to post on the main WoW boards giving links to random stuff.... eg.

Liek zomg i pwned this mage, check it out! then a random url like www.pwned.jpg.html (note. not a real link, just an example)

Which will then seem to be a broken link... or something random... and will attempt to install a trojan on your pc.

The sheer amount of people who have had thier accounts stolen is huge. Be vigalant people, run an uber spywear/virus scan and if you think you have been infected change your passwords for all sensitive stuff on a CLEAN machine, not the one that is infected!

As i said may be the wrong section, i know most people here dont play warcraft either so most wont care... so flame on.
If this prevents just one person from having their account stolen its worth it.

mage
Fri, 09-22-2006, 02:59 PM
sucks for the wow nerds. play a game that takes skill

sairane
Sun, 09-24-2006, 02:50 AM
not just the WoW players here that have to worry mage, if you end up with a keylogger then any sensitive info you typed into your pc belongs to someone else. So that includes bank details for example.

Also have an update here, curse gaming is now compromised aswell. So dont download any updated addons from there! A whole guild was hacked after downloading the updated Cthun boss mods from there so thats 45ish people in total from their raid group. And its not just that guild, many other people too. New keylogger going under the name of winlogin.exe
(note. you should have winlogon.exe)