PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 201

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 09-21-2006, 01:18 AM
At the usual place

http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n201.torrent

LaZie
Thu, 09-21-2006, 01:28 AM
No animated avatars or sigs allowed on these forums.

stratosthegreek
Thu, 09-21-2006, 02:27 AM
Lamest episode ever! :eek:

Kraco
Thu, 09-21-2006, 04:14 AM
Certainly the sugar content of this episode was far too high. But like has been said many times, it looks like the fillers have shifted the target audience of the show quite a bit downwards. This episode certainly was targeted at kids. Nevertheless this was one of the better filler arcs. No filler arc so far has begun fine and also ended fine, so in that sense this is no exception. But too bad they couldn't break that rule.

At least the ending explained why the geezer used so much time to explain everything: If he intended nobody to die (except for himself), then those explanations wouldn't be wasted. Hmm... The death of the old man was one small redeeming factor of this episode.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-21-2006, 04:14 AM
I actually thought this episode was pretty cool. Alot of things in it that just came off as "neat".

The only real problem was that they decided to have Naruto use one of his really gayass Rasengans instead of one of his cool ones.(think Rasengan from the Race arc vs. Every rasengan that wasn't in a filler).

The badguy was probablly one of the most fully fleshed out ninjas in the series. He had tools, traps, hand to hand, illusions, summons. They haven't had a ninja that versatile since Kakashi.

Having each of the gennins(except for Neji for some odd reason) do something in the fight was really cool too.

Seriously though, that guys kid is like, the 4th person in the series that looks like Naruto. Their world must have a really shallow gene pool. I mean, between the 4th, Tsunade's brother, and Orochimaru's new body...it's getting rediculous.

Kensee
Thu, 09-21-2006, 04:17 AM
Seriously though, that guys kid is like, the 4th person in the series that looks like Naruto. Their world must have a really shallow gene pool. I mean, between the 4th, Tsunade's brother, and Orochimaru's new body...it's getting rediculous.

Either Naruto's father was a straight out laides man who had a lot of children (all who look simmilar), or something's really screwd about the male phenotype of this society.

Or they just remember their freinds/sons/lovers wrong =P

Teki
Thu, 09-21-2006, 07:26 AM
I thought it was funny at the start of the preview when they said there's gonna be a "Thank you" special show.

It's like, "Thank you for sitting through all these fillers for over a year with less than half-baked ideas and stories week after week after week."

They claim to get all their viewers back with the showing of a "guest," which i thought was funny too for some reason.

On the episode itself, it was neat how they all had teamwork and all but I don't get how Naruto missed the bird the first time and then all of a sudden float in the air a little bit higher and got its foot. I think it would have been neat to have the rock Sakura threw at the bird to head towards Naruto instead so he can maybe jump off of it to get an extra boost to catch the bird or something. At least that would better explain how Naruto got that extra mysterious altitude.

Narasho
Thu, 09-21-2006, 10:44 AM
I thought it was funny at the start of the preview when they said there's gonna be a "Thank you" special show.

It's like, "Thank you for sitting through all these fillers for over a year with less than half-baked ideas and stories week after week after week."

And the reward that comes with this thanks....

is a filler special followed by a triple episode filler special.

Grats us.

bxgreatone87
Thu, 09-21-2006, 11:43 AM
That whole part with the bird and the rasenagn was just horrible. the way he stood floating in air and then moving up closer to the bird to not even hit it with rasengan yet make it blow away was retarded. When has byakugan been able to predict movements.... that is sharingan.

BioAlien
Thu, 09-21-2006, 02:37 PM
When has byakugan been able to predict movements.... that is sharingan.

yup, they messed that part.

This whole filler arc was ok, but this episode was not really good...
was it just me, or when Naruto tried to do the Rasengan, he should have normally fell to the ground when he missed the bird, and not fly back to it :(

next week, 90min of filler, more filler after that? :(

dellthx
Thu, 09-21-2006, 02:58 PM
man the d/l is slow today, just asking, this arc is over, yes?

Kraco
Thu, 09-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes, this arc should be over.

redcat
Thu, 09-21-2006, 03:52 PM
If they want to thank us and get all their viewers back they will have to go back to the manga. -_-

I hope the next arc/special means a new ending credits, the lyrics to the current one makes me want to stab someone in the eye with a fork.

as for this ep, it wasnt horrible. but of course they had to find some way to fuck it up. I guess a poorly done rasengan was the obvious way to do it.

Sapphire
Thu, 09-21-2006, 08:32 PM
I didn't really watch this episode. I just skipped to the end to see what they were gonig to say.

"Next time is the "Thank You" special show! We're even going to have that person who hasn't been on in awile as our guest, so we should get all our viewers back just like that!"

I've always wondered if the Naruto producers (or whoever writes the fillers) truely knew how bad the fillers were and how much people hated them. I guess they do. Also, the preview for the next show doesn't look nonfillerish... darn. :eek:

Necromas
Thu, 09-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Hinata should have held his hand to guide the attack. ;)

And really, if Naruto can manipulate his clones well enough that they can perform jutsu and stuff, why cant they make enough chakra to stand on a slanted nose?

The whole using Gatsuuga to block all the kunai was pretty dumb too.

Why couldn't Tenten have just waited till it was within range? I refuse to believe that the super ultimate 100% accuracy tenten couldnt have somehow just hit the stupid bird with a ranged attack.

There were just so many other things they could have ended it with besides rasengan too.... Just about any of the shinobi there could have stopped it easy if they tried.

fahoumh
Fri, 09-22-2006, 01:36 AM
I just finished watching and it started out okay (for filler) but became increasingly lame and I noticed a steady degradation in the animation. It was so bad I seriously wanted to tear my face off.

Yukimura
Fri, 09-22-2006, 01:37 AM
Wow, that definately felt like a Captain Planet episode or something. No matter what you do our teamwork will defeat you!!! And yes Naruto's Self-Telekenisis no Jutsu is totally in the manga...I can't believe they just brought it out like that. [/sarcasm]

As to the preview, no charachter could be shown in a filler that would make people instantly love Naruto fillers...since they would have to ruin the charachter to keep it nice and fillerific. Unless they plan to run 90 minutes on the life and time of the Fourth Hokage, screenplay by Masashi Kishimoto they really should just shut up and accept their new downgraded timeslot.

Speaking of which, I don't remember seeing Kakashi since the Naruto's Death episode.

mage
Fri, 09-22-2006, 07:29 AM
They're probably talking about Sasuke.

Genma
Fri, 09-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing mage. They'll throw Sasuke in and be like, "WOO, RATINGS FROM SASUKE FANGIRLS :D".

As for this episode... wow. It was certainly better than the last one, because it wasn't so ridiculously stupid, but it still wasn't great. Naruto somehow flew upwards after missing the bird? Yeaaaah. Plus everyone seems to have a relative that looks like Naruto.

They need to get back to the pure action fillers so I don't have to sit through 20 minutes of a storyline that could be written by a 6th grader.

Kraco
Fri, 09-22-2006, 10:46 AM
I'll take a storyline written by a 6th grader over a storyline written by a pack of monkies any day. At least here there was a storyline. Not just Naruto & two random genins travel to an arbitrary grocery country that has three villains lurking in its government. Naruto & co beat those three villains. The happy end.

JaySee
Fri, 09-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Hinata should have held his hand to guide the attack. ;)

And really, if Naruto can manipulate his clones well enough that they can perform jutsu and stuff, why cant they make enough chakra to stand on a slanted nose?

The whole using Gatsuuga to block all the kunai was pretty dumb too.

Why couldn't Tenten have just waited till it was within range? I refuse to believe that the super ultimate 100% accuracy tenten couldnt have somehow just hit the stupid bird with a ranged attack.

There were just so many other things they could have ended it with besides rasengan too.... Just about any of the shinobi there could have stopped it easy if they tried.

Why couldn't she just use her technique of depleting her entire scroll and chucking everything everywhere so she can't possibly miss?

Genma
Fri, 09-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Why couldn't she just use her technique of depleting her entire scroll and chucking everything everywhere so she can't possibly miss?

Because that'd defeat the bad guy, and everyone knows filler-Naruto is the only one who can defeat the bad guys. :I

Canadian
Fri, 09-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Really... bad... filler... :-(

Necromas
Fri, 09-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Neji did something...

Uh, he was the one that removed the exploding tag on top of the mountain and replaced it with a fake one. :P

Animeniax
Fri, 09-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Not much in this episode for me to defend, except having almost all of the genins use their techniques to help was cool. I especially liked Sakura's "chuck a large ass rock" technique that lead to the equally terrible "change direction and float upwards" technique that Naruto uses to tag the bird. Those were a great follow-up to Tenten's storm of inaccurate kunai and throwing stars, plus her super-special 5-arrow bow that can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I really didn't like how they made the old man a goodguy in the end. Aren't there any really evil ninja left in the world? Why couldn't he just be some scumbag like we originally were led to believe, who wanted to go out with a bang? Now he's just a dead old prankster who everyone forgives. It sucks.

I wonder how accurate DB's translation of the preview was. Can anyone who speaks Japanese confirm that they actually said "so we should get all our viewers back just like that", or was this a DB smart alecky translation of what was said?

mage
Fri, 09-22-2006, 10:21 PM
It's probably real considering it's not an actual preview of an episode, so they want to keep whoever it is secret.

Animeniax
Fri, 09-22-2006, 11:17 PM
It's probably real considering it's not an actual preview of an episode, so they want to keep whoever it is secret.
That part about the special guest sounds ok, but would the studio actually admit they've lost lots of viewers because of their subpar work for the last year or more? That's pretty much "losing face" in the asian world, and very shameful to admit. So did they really admit to it, or did DB take some liberties with the translation?

Aeon
Fri, 09-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Tenten needs to use the arrow move more often. It was pretty sick. I have nothing else to say about the ep.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-23-2006, 06:57 AM
that lead to the equally terrible "change direction and float upwards" technique that Naruto uses to tag the bird. You know what really pisses me off is Naruto actually CAN do that. He did it when fighting Gaara by using one of his clones as a stepping stone.

Why they hell couldn't they have just had him do that again?

Animeniax
Sat, 09-23-2006, 07:10 AM
You know what really pisses me off is Naruto actually CAN do that. He did it when fighting Gaara by using one of his clones as a stepping stone.

Why they hell couldn't they have just had him do that again?
I guess the cost or time to animate another Naruto clone would have put them over budget :o . I would have preferred they made a daisy chain of stacked clones to reach the bird, like they did in another episode. Or I'd prefer the super accurate Tenten not miss with all of the 3000 arrows, kunai, or throwing stars she launched at the bird. Or Chouji could have swatted that bird with his giant hands.

Could Shikamaru have used shadow-bind on the bird's shadow?

kimbap629
Sat, 09-23-2006, 08:04 AM
they probably could have done all of that, but i guess it's another one of kishimoto and studio pierrot's "evil plot" to keep us waiting more better non-filler epi and make us suffer thru either poorly scripted filler or poorly animated/drawn filler episodes...

::sigh::

yet, another week goes by of lame filler.

JaySee
Sat, 09-23-2006, 01:40 PM
I guess the cost or time to animate another Naruto clone would have put them over budget :o . I would have preferred they made a daisy chain of stacked clones to reach the bird, like they did in another episode. Or I'd prefer the super accurate Tenten not miss with all of the 3000 arrows, kunai, or throwing stars she launched at the bird. Or Chouji could have swatted that bird with his giant hands.

Could Shikamaru have used shadow-bind on the bird's shadow?

Shikamaru couldn't use his shadow technique, as it travels along the ground.

However a simple solution would've just to have Chouji raise his hand and push Naruto up. It obviously wasn't out of his reach because he caught Naruto afterwards.

kimbap629
Sat, 09-23-2006, 01:57 PM
yea...i was wondering about that. like why chouji didnt use his like bubun baika no jutsu, grow super big, and smack that bird...

instead, we have to see naruto "magically" fly straight like superman and rasengan the bird away (which as a matter of fact, they animated it poorly and made rasengan look kinda weak...rasengan is supposed to be a super high level jutsu)

Canadian
Sat, 09-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Really... bad... filler... :-(

Gonna have to quote myself on this, again. The end to this filler, the very end of it, really really sucked. The story-line... terribly flawed in far too many ways. Just lookin' forward to another good filler, and possibly the end of the fillers that might be coming up in a few short weeks.

Animeniax
Sun, 09-24-2006, 12:23 AM
they probably could have done all of that, but i guess it's another one of kishimoto and studio pierrot's "evil plot" to keep us waiting more better non-filler epi and make us suffer thru either poorly scripted filler or poorly animated/drawn filler episodes...
I seriously doubt Kishimoto has anything to do with these fillers. Sadly, once you sign away the animation rights to your work, you lose all creative control of that work. I'd expect it's a little different in Japan, where they'd honor the work's creator by giving him some input, but not where the almighty dollar is concerned. Business is business after all.

Shikamaru couldn't use his shadow technique, as it travels along the ground.

However a simple solution would've just to have Chouji raise his hand and push Naruto up. It obviously wasn't out of his reach because he caught Naruto afterwards.
Yeah but does his shadow technique trap the target's shadow or the target's body? Because if it traps the target's shadow, then he'd just have to wait for the bird's shadow to appear on the ground, then he could trap it with his shadow technique.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-24-2006, 09:05 AM
I dunno about the neck version, but his normal shadow control only seems to have to make contact with his targets shadow to work.

Animeniax
Sun, 09-24-2006, 10:55 AM
I can't wait to see the neck bind version choke someone out. Too bad it's a kids' show, so we'll never see that.

I think you're right about the shadow to shadow binding, but I've only ever seen him use it on a target that's linked to their shadow on the ground. I wonder if that person jumped, would the bind hold if it connected with their shadow, but they were airborne?

dragonrage
Sun, 09-24-2006, 12:37 PM
I can't wait to see the neck bind version choke someone out. Too bad it's a kids' show, so we'll never see that.

I think you're right about the shadow to shadow binding, but I've only ever seen him use it on a target that's linked to their shadow on the ground. I wonder if that person jumped, would the bind hold if it connected with their shadow, but they were airborne?

It has been ues to choke people, Shikamaru's father used it when they were pushing back the enemies that invaded the village, Shikamaru himself used it when he was fighting the sound journin when the group set out to bring back saske.

His technique was originally designed for escaping on recon missions. But it was turned into an attack technique and the name was changed.

A shadow is cast depending on the angel of the object to the sun/source of light and as the bird is in the air the angel of the sun constantly changes also the distance and the position of the bird's shadow changes as well.. His ability to stretch his shadow is limited, also he doesn't have alot of stamina to begin with so he runs out of chakra pretty fast.

I haven't seen this episode nor am i concerned about watching it. I think the fillers are actually decreasing everyone's intelligence since this is the level of discussion involved.

Anyways the talk about them getting back all their fans just like that is an interesting and hopeful one at that. I will be paying attention what they actually do to "get back" their fans and all of your reactions to them.

peace.

Animeniax
Mon, 09-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Dude, when I say "choke out", I mean gurgling and passing out, if not outright strangulation with the shadow neck bind technique. Not sure if that happened when Shikamaru or his father used it in the past. Would be fun to see. Only slightly more fun than Hinata burying someone alive!

David Craft
Mon, 09-25-2006, 01:23 AM
When Shika's father uses it... you clearly hear the unfortunate victims grasp for air then pass out (or die)

lol

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Mon, 09-25-2006, 01:38 AM
When Shika's father uses it... you clearly hear the unfortunate victims grasp for air then pass out (or die)

lol

actually im pretty sure he just snaps their necks. lot easier and faster.

mage
Mon, 09-25-2006, 07:24 AM
All you see in the anime is the shadow hand grabbing his neck, then the screen shoots up and you hear the guy scream.

David Craft
Tue, 09-26-2006, 11:22 PM
yah that sounds about right lol.

yar anyways... not the worst filler... and one of the better arcs as a whole..

but common... I liked the arc alot until this last ep screwed it over... All they needed to do was but a BIT of effort and it would have been fine. *sighs* damn fillers... lol.

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-29-2006, 08:15 AM
This episode was quite possibly the worst one yet. So inexplicably camp, stupid, fucked up and plain bland that I can't even put words on it. All kids look like Naruto. All villains have the lamest fucking reasons to do things, and everything was just... dumb. I seriously wanted to shoot myself while watching this episode. Fucking filler.