PDA

View Full Version : Game: Rurouni Kenshin: Enjou! Kyoto Rinne

bagandscalpel
Thu, 09-14-2006, 04:10 AM
In wake of the recent memorial thread for the late Hirotaka Suzuoki, I have remembered that news of this game reached my ears not too long ago, as well.

http://www.banpresto-game.com/rurouni/main.html

It appears to be a hack-and-slash focused around the Kyoto Arc, meaning you'll go around as Kenshin, Sanosuke, Saito, and (sometimes) Aoshi in character specific battles that span the full 11 volume saga.

While I must admit that I am happy to see a Kenshin game made at this time, I'm also sort of disappointed at how it looks, at the moment... Outdated graphics/animation and repetitive gameplay do not an enjoyable game make.

darkshadow
Thu, 09-14-2006, 04:15 AM
Actually it looks like a lot of fun, nice fast paced action, its just that gfx that are dissapointing, im getting it anyway, thx for informing me.

Souryusen
Mon, 09-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... ..
neat little battoujutsu mode with a certain attack included in it. SOLD.

edit: That's what I'd like to say anyway... unless the gameplay footage they're showing is a "Slash Mode" like in Bushido Blade then it looks far to repetative. *teardrop*

mage
Mon, 09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
game companies rely on the big anime names to sell these types of games and thus usually don't put much effort into it.

zibo
Mon, 09-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Just like there's a game for every disney movie made.