Wed, 09-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Its finally here....Episode number 200

http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n200.torrent

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 09-14-2006, 12:51 AM
Cant wait to watch it. Just to see what happens in 201 XD

NinjaMic
Thu, 09-14-2006, 04:53 AM
Still downloading....this wouldve been the perfect number to end fillers but nooooooooo

Kensee
Thu, 09-14-2006, 05:21 AM
Yep, old guy just wanting to end his life with one last bang ... so to speak.

The ending previews don't leave much hope about the fillers ending at the next episode. Can someone clarify, they are moving the days naruto is aired and they are showing a 90 minute filler? o.o?

Kraco
Thu, 09-14-2006, 05:22 AM
This turned out to be a pretty long arc. Although the next episode could already be the last now that the geezer was found.

This wasn't such a bad episode. Pretty on a par with the previous ones. Definitely one of the best filler arcs. And those overly pessimistic people crushing the plot of this arc already in the previous threads got a little backlash. Maybe there was some jumping to conclusions here and there, but all in all the story remained quite coherent.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-14-2006, 05:43 AM
And those overly pessimistic people crushing the plot of this arc already in the previous threads got a little backlash.This episode being relatively good doesn't make the previous episode any less riddled with plotholes.

But this episode was pretty good. I like that the badguy seems to be a thinking type rather than another "hahaha I think I'm so powerful I can't lose" fighting type. The guy's old, he knows it. He's all about the trickery. And that's cool.

Too bad he's matching wits with Shikamaru. You can't win that contest old man! But if you could do us all a favor and kill Naruto before Shikamaru catches you, that'd be great.

redcat
Thu, 09-14-2006, 09:10 AM
"hey guys, we're still disconnecting all the tags, but i want you to keep practicing with your kunais. just dont hit the center, cause you know, it'll blow up the whole fucking village."

the tags have been there for 30 years, but they werent seen by byakugan earlier. now that they know they are there, hinata and naruto have quickly found a dozen of them.

this arc fails. this arc is far worse than the curry of life and all of naruto's farting and pissing combined.

and the way naruto's mouth was animated near the end of the ep made me cry

Kraco
Thu, 09-14-2006, 09:32 AM
"hey guys, we're still disconnecting all the tags, but i want you to keep practicing with your kunais. just dont hit the center, cause you know, it'll blow up the whole fucking village."
this arc fails. this arc is far worse than the curry of life and all of naruto's farting and pissing combined.

You are the one that fails, sir. You try so hard to see flaws that you are even creating them, yourself.

If they had removed the post, the geezer would have immediately noticed the trap was discovered. If they had forbidden the use of it, the geezer might have noticed something is amiss, because nobody is suddenly practicing with it anymore. So, the only choice was to make things appear as if nothing had happened: To have the kids train, but not hit the center. Because, once again, if they had hit the center and nothing had happened (the trap was disarmed, in case you somehow failed to notice that), it would have meant the trap had been discovered and tampered with.

Somehow it's sad that a Naruto filler outwitted you, don't you think? :(

redcat
Thu, 09-14-2006, 09:46 AM
if the old man is watching over the status of the post that closely I think he would notice them all standing around it talking about how they figured out whats going on. you are saying he would detect the post being removed or not being used, but he cant notice the wire was cut?

if you're going to act like a presumptuous asshole at least come up with an arguement that holds up better than a wet paper bag.

Kraco
Thu, 09-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Har har. Yes, I'm sure the old man was loitering at the front yard of the school when the whole bunch of genins were searching the place. After all, it would make no sense to wait they are gone and only then go and check if everything is still alright. He might even evade being noticed otherwise!

Damn, he did evade being noticed until Naruto happened to remember he was staring and the stone figures and decided to pay a visit to the place. Hmm... I guess your theory wasn't that good, after all.

Somebody once said: "if you're going to act like a presumptuous asshole at least come up with an arguement that holds up better than a wet paper bag." I think that saying fits your situation perfectly. Don't you think?

I guess I will need to type this in a direct manner, without sarcasm, so that you would understand it : The old man wouldn't go anywhere near the school when the genins were there; he has shown he prefers not to be detected unless it suits him. And if he later went to check the school, everything would look normal with a quick glance. Of course if he went digging around, the truth would be evident, but would he risk tarrying around there?

redcat
Thu, 09-14-2006, 11:15 AM
... then why do the kids need to keep throwing kunai at it?

if he came around to take a glance and saw that there were no kids using the thing, why would that even be suspicous?

lol, I got a warning for "unprovoked flaming"
considering your replys to me have a "you are a moron" connotation to them id have to disagree. more like a warning for disagreeing with a mods buddy.

Kraco
Thu, 09-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Well, that situation wouldn't be out of ordinary as such. However, the kids throwing the kunais do have two positive aspects: It enhances the feeling nothing has changed (just like there's nothing strange about a shop devoid of customers at a random given moment, but it may make you think if the shop is overly expensive or has poor service, or something else suspicious), and on the other hand it would prevent the old man from digging up the post to see if the wire was intact.

My first post might have been too personal. Sorry about that. But I considered that particular detail surprisingly well thought-out for a filler, and thus it ticked me off when you called it a stupid flaw.

Edit: I'm not any mod's buddy as far as I know, but many of them are fine people from what I have seen, and thus I certainly wouldn't mind being one.

DDBen
Thu, 09-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Not a bad episode but did anybody else find the whole "TenTen disarm this a bit silly?

I mean they just cut the string with a kunai what on earth kind of expertise does that require?

Kensee
Thu, 09-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Not a bad episode but did anybody else find the whole "TenTen disarm this a bit silly?

I mean they just cut the string with a kunai what on earth kind of expertise does that require?

I'm sure there was something else to it .... haha like their version of cute "the blue or red wire" but yeah from the looks of it, was silly =D.

I'm also under the impression that the old man wants to blow a big hole in the mountain with all the hokage faces on it, I mean, that would let him have one last big "bang" before he dies.

BioAlien
Thu, 09-14-2006, 02:00 PM
that was another great episode, so far this arc is really good(ending filler with this arc would be the best thing to do). i just hope they don't screw up, like in the bug arc (finish with naruto farting :( )

bxgreatone87
Thu, 09-14-2006, 03:17 PM
It was ok... i have to admit that it had a few flaws in the animation but little things nothing special. But it kinda makes no sense when u think about it for a second and the main story. When they rebuilt the town after the attacks by oro why werent any of the tags exposed/found during the repairs lol that doesnt make sense?

I know its a filler but it's still has to have some ties to the real show like when the fillers first started. They still tried to make it seem like the story was going on even though it wasnt the real story from kishi.

redcat
Thu, 09-14-2006, 03:34 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9871/narutobrowner7.jpg

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Haha, as much as I wish you'd get cancer, I too noticed how rediculous Naruto looked when he was yelling at the old man. It was just...WAY beyond the normal level of rediculous. He almost looked like a parody of an anime character.

the tags have been there for 30 years, but they werent seen by byakugan earlier. now that they know they are there, hinata and naruto have quickly found a dozen of them.Simple fact is, the tags are all connected by threads. So, despite the fact that they should have been noticed earlier, now that they have found one tag, it's fairly easy to find the rest. Just follow the threads.

redcat
Thu, 09-14-2006, 05:20 PM
my uncle died of cancer

Necromas
Thu, 09-14-2006, 06:41 PM
What I didnt get was that funky technique they used to pull/place the exploding tags out of/into solid beams of wood.

And the Naruto yelling thing looked like something from Teen Titans....

darkmetal505
Thu, 09-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Naruto was the only one who bothered looking in the Hokage cavern? 30 years, and no one found an exploding tag? Dragonfly village? wtf?

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2213/vlcsnap84645be7.png

Genma
Thu, 09-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Wow... not really sure what to say. How some of you can find this to be one of the best arcs is beyond me.

Apparently exploding tags can last for 30+ years? Apparently no Uchiha or Hyuga is capable of seeing the plethora of said tags for said amount of years? Apparently it's okay for children to throw kunai at a target that can blow the hell out of Konoha, since the genins and even Shikamaru are on crack cocaine or have short-term memory and can't remember that they told them not to? Apparently Naruto cries like Charlie Brown!!!??

... Yeaaaah.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Complete and utter garbage. What Genma said. Also, the constant silly plot twists (which only Shikamaru can figure out apparently, YEAH WE GET IT HE'S THE SMART GUY) which the good guys always manage to figure out just in the nick of time is incredibly annoying.

Well it would be bad if the children had to go home when it's dark and- OH SHIT OF COURSE THE TAGS ARE SIDETRACKING US GODDAMNIT I SEE IT CLEARLY NOW

Mizuchi
Thu, 09-14-2006, 10:08 PM
I agree, the plot writing squirrels are clearly running out of names to use.

I mean really, dragonfly??? wtf??

JaySee
Thu, 09-14-2006, 10:26 PM
that was another great episode, so far this arc is really good(ending filler with this arc would be the best thing to do). i just hope they don't screw up, like in the bug arc (finish with naruto farting :( )
I was totally expecting Naruto to rip a juicy one while Naruto was reaching for the tag with Hinata RIGHT BEHIND HIM! :p How much more of a perfect situation do you need for a fart joke? :rolleyes: I was kinda disappointed when it didn't happen. :D

ven0m
Fri, 09-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Old man's trying to make the explosive tags form his face nearby the other hokages ones.

Remember my words ;)

Narasho
Fri, 09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
It's a sign that the fillers have greatly lowered our expectations if people are saying this is a good arc. I wonder if we went back and watched the tea arc now, if we would think it was well made due to these new fillers being completely worthless.

Kraco
Fri, 09-15-2006, 09:59 AM
It's a sign that the fillers have greatly lowered our expectations if people are saying this is a good arc.

The key word here is relative quality between the filler arcs, not absolute quality or relative quality considering the whole series.

Animeniax
Fri, 09-15-2006, 11:42 AM
I've had my share of frustrations over the filler episodes, but some of you are trying way too hard to dislike them, simply because they aren't manga based. Yeah there are plot holes and ridiculous occurrences, but this episode (and arc) are still very watchable and enjoyable. I thought this was one of the best animated episodes since fillers began, and was even better than some of the original artwork (see Zabuza arc).
The "charlie brown" facial expressions? I guess you all must hate it when they go to goofy faces in Bleach then. I like the expressiveness of Naruto's facial features when he was really upset in this episode. Complaining about something like this and comparing it to that picture from Charlie Brown just shows that you people are watching these episodes expecting to hate it and looking for shit to complain about. I've said it once and I'll say it again, go find something else to waste your lives on.

fahoumh
Fri, 09-15-2006, 12:33 PM
I can't believe this arc still isn't over....but I guess it won't make a difference when it does finally end since it would seem they have even more filler for us to enjoy.

And I guess the only explanation they could possibly have for a Hyuuga clan member never seeing these tags in a 30 year time span is they wouldn't see them if they weren't looking specifically for exploding tags. :confused:

redcat
Fri, 09-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah there are plot holes and ridiculous occurrences
personally thats enough to ruin it for me, but to each his own.

but some of you are trying way too hard to dislike them, simply because they aren't manga based.
honestly the only reason I bother watching naruto right now is so I will be able to know when its back to the manga. but its not that I have a "if its not manga its not naruto" kind of attitude, I could care less if it was in the manga or not, but filler is rarely as good as the manga.

basicly the reason why is that anyone making the manga can do just about anything they want to make the show interesting. but filler writers would be like "this idea would be interesting, but it would cause consistincy problems when we try to go back to the manga." so they usually just end up making simple plots that have no real impact on the characters, which makes it very hard to be entertaining at the same time. they also use filler characters which that have no real place in the world of naruto, that we know will just pop out of nowhere, get a breif backstory explained on them, then disappear forever at the end of the filler arc. which is not always completely pointless but it just isnt the same as the real deal.

an example of why the real thing is better, in the manga based part of the anime, the 3rd died. this kind of thing is very interesting, but something of that magnitude would never ever happen in a filler. we also thought for a while that neji and chouji (sp?) had died. It was a hot topic debating weither or not they would survive, and made the anime exciting, because something major was happening to characters we actually cared about. they ended up surviving, but if it was in a filler, we would know from the start that they would have pulled through.

The "charlie brown" facial expressions? I guess you all must hate it when they go to goofy faces in Bleach then.
nah, not really. when they do the goofy face style expressions in bleach its usually because its a silly moment going on and the expression suits it.

but in this naruto episode they werent even trying to make it goofy but it ended up looking rediculous anyway. the animation also only used 3 frames. not only did each one look rediculous on its own but the transition between them wasnt very smooth, in fact there was no transition at all. they just flicked back and forth between them and it looked far too obvious we were not looking at a real moving object.

in other words, instead of drawing the mouth open, partly open, half closed, almost closed, and closed they just flicked back and forth from open to closed, and it looked like something out of a low budget 1970's cartoon. it reminds me of that episode of family guy where peter badmouths the network, then he "walks" to the kitchen without being animated.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-16-2006, 01:53 AM
I see what redcat is doing. He's trying to make us hate him less by disagreeing with someone else that everyone here hates.

I see right through your schemes!

Also, Dragonfly is one of the better names they've come up with. I mean, it's got Dragon in it. That's like +10 Ninja Points right there.

Animeniax
Sat, 09-16-2006, 03:52 AM
I see what redcat is doing. He's trying to make us hate him less by disagreeing with someone else that everyone here hates.

I see right through your schemes!

Also, Dragonfly is one of the better names they've come up with. I mean, it's got Dragon in it. That's like +10 Ninja Points right there.

Awwww, you guys don't like me? Is it because I won't let you cry on my shoulder like your mommy would? Poor things, having to suffer all of this bad filler anime, there there. It'll be ok little girl.

This arc definitely is pointing to some kind of change in the direction of the Naruto anime, probably leading back to the manga-based episodes. I, for one, will be greatly relieved, if for nothing else than it means you all (probably, hopefully) will have nothing to whine about. Oh who am I kidding, you'll find something else to whine about the series then.

Animeniax
Sat, 09-16-2006, 04:03 AM
Do not double post. There's an 'edit' button right next to Quick Reply, make use of it!

Warned
-masa

basicly the reason why is that anyone making the manga can do just about anything they want to make the show interesting. but filler writers would be like "this idea would be interesting, but it would cause consistincy problems when we try to go back to the manga."
All valid points, but why is it that everyone understands some of the limitations that the filler writers have, but can't wait to tear them apart every episode?
Sure they could do a better job even with the limitations they have, but if they were all as talented at storytelling as Kishimoto, they wouldn't be staff writers at some studio, they'd be world-famous mangakas creating their own mangas. Shit, most of this filler is probably being made in Korea anyway.

The problem with animating on-going works, especially with each anime episode covering multiple chapters of manga, is that you will catch up sooner than later. So what should they do? Stop showing Naruto until more manga is available? Maybe only show episodes every other week? Maybe start making up anime that conflicts or diverges from the manga? The experts on this forum are so good at deconstructing everything that the studios try to do, but no one has any constructive answers for the dilemnas they face in the business they are in. Sheesh.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-16-2006, 04:48 AM
Awwww, you guys don't like me? Is it because I won't let you cry on my shoulder like your mommy would? Poor things, having to suffer all of this bad filler anime, there there. It'll be ok little girl.The fact that you don't know how use the edit button and not double post isn't exactly an endearing quality.

Kraco
Sat, 09-16-2006, 05:23 AM
So what should they do? Stop showing Naruto until more manga is available? Maybe only show episodes every other week? Maybe start making up anime that conflicts or diverges from the manga? The experts on this forum are so good at deconstructing everything that the studios try to do, but no one has any constructive answers for the dilemnas they face in the business they are in. Sheesh.

If coming up with great plots was so easy that regular posters here could do it in the mere minutes it takes to write a post, then we would all be great authors known throughout the world - according to you. Still, I'm pretty sure there are quite a few people here who could have written plots for far more interesting fillers than we have seen, had they been paid and given enough time to.

So, who here would spend days to come up with a - for example 20-30 episodes - believable, interesting and deep filler arc just to prove other random forum members that it could be done? That's what the filler script writers are paid to do. Not us. Yes, it's bloody easy to criticize other people's work, but, you know, it's even easier to use the oh-so-cliched phrase "You don't like it? Do it better yourself!" At least intelligent criticizing takes effort, typing that phrase is just copying the dude who first said it back when the ancient Egyptians were in power.

redcat
Sat, 09-16-2006, 09:27 AM
The problem with animating on-going works, especially with each anime episode covering multiple chapters of manga, is that you will catch up sooner than later. So what should they do? Stop showing Naruto until more manga is available? Maybe only show episodes every other week? Maybe start making up anime that conflicts or diverges from the manga? The experts on this forum are so good at deconstructing everything that the studios try to do, but no one has any constructive answers for the dilemnas they face in the business they are in. Sheesh.
the first 2 options would be fine for me, but they are simply going to do whatever makes them the most money. but I dont really care what they do. as far as my hard drive knows, there is no naruto filler. the 3rd option is a dangerous one that killed the first hellsing anime. correct me if im wrong but wasnt it originally planned to be 26 episodes?

Aeon
Sat, 09-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Only thing about this ep that I didn't like was that Neji didn't get a chance to do anything besides be a lookout. It did have its good parts though like seeing Jiraiya lead a squad to destroy the dragonfly village. And seeing Tsunade back down from the other old lady.

Animeniax
Sat, 09-16-2006, 11:30 AM
The fact that you don't know how use the edit button and not double post isn't exactly an endearing quality.
How is it double-posting if each post is a reply to a different person's post? If I make one mega long post where I address multiple posters' comments, chances are interesting tidbits will be skimmed past.

But a rule's a rule I guess.

@Kraco: nice way to cop out. I didn't say anyone here could do a better job. That would be giving waaay too much credit. All I'm saying is that the bitching and whining is getting tiresome again. I guess it's all a product of people believing someone when they say the fillers are ending at such and such episode, only to feel jipped when they continue. Your own fault for that, no need to trash a decent episode cause you're gullible.

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Animeniax, proudly and without end defending the honor of filler and subpar scripts since 2005.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-16-2006, 11:49 AM
How is it double-posting if each post is a reply to a different person's post? If I make one mega long post where I address multiple posters' comments, chances are interesting tidbits will be skimmed past.Well then there's the fact that you seem to think that your posts are jam packed with interesting tidbits, to the point where we might miss one if you didn't seperate your responses. That's really giving yourself more credit than you deserve.

Then there's the fact that it appears to be either a conceited effort to see your name appear twice as often, or artificially inflate your post count.

the first 2 options would be fine for me, but they are simply going to do whatever makes them the most money. but I dont really care what they do. as far as my hard drive knows, there is no naruto filler. the 3rd option is a dangerous one that killed the first hellsing anime. correct me if im wrong but wasnt it originally planned to be 26 episodes?Thank god for the new OAV's. Too bad those are coming out so slowly.

Kraco
Sat, 09-16-2006, 12:20 PM
@Kraco: nice way to cop out. I didn't say anyone here could do a better job. That would be giving waaay too much credit. All I'm saying is that the bitching and whining is getting tiresome again. I guess it's all a product of people believing someone when they say the fillers are ending at such and such episode, only to feel jipped when they continue. Your own fault for that, no need to trash a decent episode cause you're gullible.

Thanks! I kind of liked that save myself :)

As long as the fillers have run, people have complained about their low quality compared to the manga based episodes. And as long as people have been complaining, other people have complained about the complainers. That's just how it is, and is supposed to be. Only then things start to go wrong when those people who haven't even watched the episodes join the argument with their less than educated whining.

The most important thing to remember is that most of those complaining do it because they liked so much the manga based Naruto. In fact the more they liked it, the more severe the hit was when these fillers began.

Nai
Sun, 09-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Complete and utter garbage. What Genma said. Also, the constant silly plot twists (which only Shikamaru can figure out apparently, YEAH WE GET IT HE'S THE SMART GUY) which the good guys always manage to figure out just in the nick of time is incredibly annoying.

Well it would be bad if the children had to go home when it's dark and- OH SHIT OF COURSE THE TAGS ARE SIDETRACKING US GODDAMNIT I SEE IT CLEARLY NOW
So true. I love how incompetent this filler arc has made Tsunade and the current Konoha administration appear. The mere fact that they need to rely on children to save the entire village from complete annihilation is hilarious. Shouldn't ANBU deal with this shit? Wasn't this the whole reason why they were created? Why did they pursue the old man so feverishly only to drop the case and give it to some kids once it heated up?

It is however nice to see them trying their hardest to make shit appear plausible. At least It shows signs of effort, something which was sorely lacking in previous filler arcs.

Animeniax
Mon, 09-18-2006, 12:39 AM
So true. I love how incompetent this filler arc has made Tsunade and the current Konoha administration appear. The mere fact that they need to rely on children to save the entire village from complete annihilation is hilarious. Shouldn't ANBU deal with this shit? Wasn't this the whole reason why they were created? Why did they pursue the old man so feverishly only to drop the case and give it to some kids once it heated up?

It is however nice to see them trying their hardest to make shit appear plausible. At least It shows signs of effort, something which was sorely lacking in previous filler arcs.
Dude, go watch some Scooby Doo episodes and you'll see, sometimes its the meddling kids that foil the badguy, and not the grownups.

I've always wondered why people give Tsunade so much credit, when in reality, she's an aging alcoholic with a gambling problem. Just because she's a sannin and has a lot of power and skilled techniques, doesn't mean she's a born leader or thinker. She's shown before that she'd rather be sitting around drinking sake than dealing with the village's problems. And before anyone says, "well, they wouldn't have made her Hokage if she wasn't qualified," just think, they offered the job to Jiraiya first, and only to Tsunade after he declined. Think what a great hokage he would have made!

JaySee
Mon, 09-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Dude, go watch some Scooby Doo episodes and you'll see, sometimes its the meddling kids that foil the badguy, and not the grownups.

I've always wondered why people give Tsunade so much credit, when in reality, she's an aging alcoholic with a gambling problem. Just because she's a sannin and has a lot of power and skilled techniques, doesn't mean she's a born leader or thinker. She's shown before that she'd rather be sitting around drinking sake than dealing with the village's problems. And before anyone says, "well, they wouldn't have made her Hokage if she wasn't qualified," just think, they offered the job to Jiraiya first, and only to Tsunade after he declined. Think what a great hokage he would have made!

Jiraya is smart, unlike Naruto. He knows how much that job sucks. That's why he searched so hard for Tsunade. I bet he laughs everytime he thinks of Tsunade stuck in that room reading reports all day.

What's that quote all the bad guys say at the end? "I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for those kids and their dog!"

dimitris127
Mon, 09-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Jiraya is smart, unlike Naruto. He knows how much that job sucks. That's why he searched so hard for Tsunade. I bet he laughs everytime he thinks of Tsunade stuck in that room reading reports all day.
\"

i bet on it too,also jiraya has his own problem(with women)so if he was a hokage he would be too influenced by the women population of the village which wouldn't be too good for the men of the village