PDA

View Full Version : Music: Dir En Grey

bloodyvampire
Wed, 09-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know this band? They're Japanese and they do heavy metal alomost inall their songs and albums. But they're really good. So if you know feel free to post anything you know about them.

Genma
Wed, 09-13-2006, 09:19 PM
I saw them at Family Values (ugh... KorN... gross.... *shudders*) and they were pretty damn good.

What do I know about them? They used to dress up like women or sort of like Marilyn Manson, and their fans at the concert did too. But they've taken a more "serious" look and ditched the makeup and stuff.

The only songs I really like are Spilled Milk and Kodou.

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-14-2006, 07:56 PM
The question is rather; who DOESN'T know Dir en grey, especially in times like these when they tour with Korn and gather an audience even from people not into j-rock.

Yes they were flamboyant once upon a time and dressed in excellent visual kei outfits, but in more recent years they keep getting more and more "heavy" (some would say "nu metal") and yes they also look like bums on stage now.

I used to really love this band (had a big infatuation a while ago) but nowadays I only like them, listen occasionally but not more. Their album Gauze is definately the best.