PDA

View Full Version : Sleep tight, Hajime Saito.

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Hirotaka Suzuoki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirotaka_Suzuoki) passed away last month at the age of 56. He was famous for a diversity of roles, the most famous of which include Saito from Rurouni Kenshin, Kuno from Ranma 1/2, Tenshinhan from DB/Z and Kakyoin from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

One might ask "is this guy famous enough in our eyes to warrant his own RIP topic?", and my answer to that is "we may need a death thread, but that's one damn gloomy idea". :S

So yeah, I really liked his work so it's sad to know that this is it. RIP.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 09-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Alas, I knew him from Ruroken (Kyoto Arc, anyway), and he bestowed upon Saito the badassery needed to flesh the character out.

While I've never seen the Jojo anime, I can only imagine that his talents made Kakyoin that much more awesome.

Oh, and let's not forget that small roles he had in Trigun as Chapel the Evergreen and in Megaman X6/7 as Signas.

Hirotaka Suzuoki will be sorely missed.

XanBcoo
Tue, 09-12-2006, 10:28 PM
I don't remember the voice off the toppa my head, but the guy basically made Saito for me.

Pity that the anime world had to lose talent like that.

Zinobi
Wed, 09-13-2006, 12:21 AM
didnt he do the Starscream voice for the Transformers Movie? if he is then i think i might have to cry T_T....alright i cant cry...my eyes dont work that way they are broken like that but i think i can make a sad face :(

Kraco
Wed, 09-13-2006, 03:09 AM
Damn. He was awesome Saito. I certainly wouldn't have minded to hear him in similar roles also in the future. This is a sad news indeed. And at 56 is a young age to die. Especially for the Japanese people, who statistically are lingering pretty long on this earth.

Munsu
Wed, 09-13-2006, 05:45 AM
I don't really care for his VA work, nothing that makes him standout from the rest... But I did like him as Konev in Legend of Galactic Heroes.

RedX1z
Wed, 09-13-2006, 06:36 AM
the only thing i remember him from is rurouni kenshin, but judging from that one role he played, i'll just assume he was a very decent voice actor.

rest in peace, you'll be missed.

dragonrage
Wed, 09-13-2006, 06:21 PM
arc suk zan.

the memories that you gave me. I will charish them forever.

Godspeed.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 09-13-2006, 07:36 PM
aku soku zan.

Please, next time get it straight, son. Do not befoul his memory (for me, at least).

dragonrage
Wed, 09-13-2006, 08:11 PM
I am sorry. I'll be sure to remember that. No offense, I don't know you well enough to be called your son. But thanks for the implication.

Those words are attached to a fond memory, and I truly appreciate you correcting me. Thank you.