PDA

View Full Version : What sevice can I use to download torrents?

Nathan87
Tue, 09-12-2006, 05:10 PM
The service i used to download bit torrents i get online is no longer available. Does anyone know of a good service to use?

xDarkMaster
Tue, 09-12-2006, 05:18 PM
If by service you mean client, then try utorrent (http://www.utorrent.com/).

dimitris127
Wed, 09-13-2006, 10:04 AM
yes i believe utorrent is the best from the other clients i had in the past <<abc yet another bittorent client,bitlord>>

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey Guys, while we're on the topic, I'd just like to ask if there's much difference between the performance and security of different torrent clients. ppl recommend what they find is the best, but is there really that much of a difference?

Board of Command
Mon, 09-25-2006, 07:24 PM
I think he means ISP, not torrent client.

Zinobi
Mon, 09-25-2006, 07:26 PM
yeah some clients are banned from certain trackers from my understanding. i think that a couple of such clients are BitLord and BitComet. i use uTorrent and havent had any tracker problems, also uTorrent is RAM friendly.

Kraco
Mon, 09-25-2006, 07:43 PM
i use uTorrent and havent had any tracker problems, also uTorrent is RAM friendly.

Although it might pay off to make it a little bit less RAM friendly and enable the read cache. It at least used to be turned off by default. After all, RAM doesn't really wear out in use as opposed to the HD.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-06-2006, 06:50 PM
If you google around for the best torrent client, most people will tell you to get utorrent, some, Azures. Generally speaking, Azures is feature packed, and is a heavier load on your computer. Utorrent is nice and clean, a much lighter load both in terms of using up your harddisk for installation and RAM while it's running. Just depends on what you want, I guess. Not too much is said about other clients.