PDA

View Full Version : Game: Devil May Cry 4

Kensee
Sun, 09-10-2006, 10:37 PM
For those who loved DMC 1 and 3, and forgot 2 ever existed ...

The Magic Box on DMC4 (http://www.the-magicbox.com/0609/game060909a.shtml)

Wikipedia on DMC4 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_4)

Looks like its back on but "Dante is going to play a hostile role" ... If I have to fight him, I wouldn't be able to do it ... too many memories ><

LaZie
Sun, 09-10-2006, 10:42 PM
It looks good, but it just isnt DMC without Dante!

Kensee
Sun, 09-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Why did they turn Dante into the villain for this game anyway?

Well they said a hostile role, doesn't mean he will be the main villian, maybe just an uncontrollable character.

From what I read, Nero (side note: hes named after the program I use to burn dvds ^_^), is one of the Knights who protects a religious gorup. Dante is hunting down these knights.

I hope he's not the main villian though =D

Psyke
Mon, 09-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Knowing Capcom, Dante will most probably become another unlockable character, like how Sparda was in the previous games.

Paulyboy
Mon, 09-11-2006, 06:08 PM
I love the Devil May Cry series, but it just sucks Dante isn't in it :(. So lets hope Nero's bad ass.

Knives122
Mon, 09-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Well he does have a glowing fire hand, so he has to be right? RIGHT?

UChessmaster
Mon, 09-11-2006, 06:37 PM
nop, dante went through that stage already...

RedX1z
Tue, 09-12-2006, 09:05 AM
i'll go with that devil may cry is not all about dante. it's about the sword slashing, gun slinging combos you use to take down the enemies. as long as it still has that like the previous games, then no worries, yeah? but still, a shame that we won't being using the guy that made it possible.

Genma
Tue, 09-12-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm hoping it'll be a big step forward from the previous games, seeing as I hated them adamantly.

Button-mashing is not my idea of a fun game.

Psyke
Tue, 09-12-2006, 09:36 AM
I beg to differ, Devil May Cry 2 was the disappointment, but the original and DMC 3 was great. Sure you can button mash to get results, but the true way of playing DMC is with style. Don't let the "stylish meter" or combo meter get to you, but there are a lot of combinations and variations in Dante's arsenal of moves to make this game more than just another button masher.

When you say button masher, games such as Dynasty Warriors come into mind, though I was also told that the strategy aspect of the story mode is something exceptional.

Nai
Tue, 09-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Sucks that you don't get to play as Dante. I was really liking his new crack addict look too!

Nero better be worthwhile... if he's the standardized naive and helpful protagonist I will murder someone. He needs attitude and viciousness if he seeks to replace Dante.

Button-mashing is not my idea of a fun game.
I don't know if it's fair to call them all button-mashers. I mean sure, you can get through by button mashing on the easier difficulties in DMC3... but try that shit in DMD mode and you will get your ass handed to you on a silver platter. You need technique and carefully executed attacks.

NM
Tue, 09-12-2006, 03:14 PM
If Dante is an unlockable, hopefully he'll get his own set of levels showing how his side of the story is going. Playing as Vergil in the DMC3 Special Edition was cool with his own slew of moves but...the same levels? It would've been nice to actually fight Dante as well, instead of a Vergil clone with red clothes. Plus, I wanted to see some more conversations between him and Lady's father like the intro. I was disappointed by the Special Edition. =/

But this game looks like it will be good.

Kensee
Wed, 09-13-2006, 01:27 AM
I don't know if it's fair to call them all button-mashers. I mean sure, you can get through by button mashing on the easier difficulties in DMC3... but try that shit in DMD mode and you will get your ass handed to you on a silver platter. You need technique and carefully executed attacks.

Yeah, I'm still playing DMC3 on Dante Must Die mode ... and wow ... Yeah try button smashing your way through that then cry when the 2nd mob type (the red ones with the scythes) rape 1/4 - 1/3 of your life bar per swing, and kill you in less than 10 seconds.

DMD mode is all about patience, abusing every ability your style has to offer, knowing how to maximize the damage you can do in a short amount of times via combos, and ... yeah dying a lot. This is true in dmc 1 and espeically true in dmc3.

Devil may cry was built around dante ... hes a key ingrediant. It's gonna kinda be like MGS 2 where you played as Raiden instead of Snake. He'll just be around ... saving the day.

Fighter Fei
Wed, 09-13-2006, 04:45 AM
The most fantastic enemy that has come out of the Devil May Cry series is the Shadow. I haven't met someone yet who doesn't agree with me on that. It feels like an enemy with personality and not just a mindless doll/demon (although it has demon in it, of course). I wish it would have returned in Devil May Cry 3, but it did not. And so I shall hope for a return in the sequel.

Devil May Cry was the best in the field of learning what to do in what situation. It truly required perseverence and practice (And a keen eye for detail </Detective Conan>). It wasn't afraid to slam you around until you got it right, and the telegraphs made attacks less randomized. It made things more your fault. I find this is less true in the prequel. It's present in bosses (most of the time) and with some of the enemies. And if you managed to defeat them with style, more power to you.

Devil May Cry 4 sounds kinda neat. It'll be nice go against Dante for a change, rather than the Vante we got in the prequel special edition.

darkshadow
Wed, 09-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Nero = virgil
Dante is in it, so dont cry.

Kensee
Mon, 09-18-2006, 02:39 AM
Nero = virgil
Dante is in it, so dont cry.

That's right, leave the crying to the devils!

Sidenote: friken Egnima enimies in DMC3 on DMD mode just eat you up. I dont undersatnd how one shot takes off 1/2 your hp -___-

darkshadow
Mon, 09-18-2006, 08:27 AM
DMD is easy, since you will have infinite devil trigger by the time you unlock DMD, plus just memorize your attack execution times and the enemy's, if you remember them, nothing will ever hit you + AFAIk every enemy makes a sound before it attacks = hear sound = dodge, easy =D

DMD+ inifinte devil trigger+ trickster = way too easy, and if you are good, royal guard will get you through the game with 0 damage, and if you are really good use gunslinger+guns/shotgun, everything blows up, oh and dont concentrate on one enemy on DMD, damage them all a bit, then go for the kill, since they activate devil trigger too after a few of them die.
=D

Kensee
Tue, 09-19-2006, 12:49 AM
DMD is easy, since you will have infinite devil trigger by the time you unlock DMD, plus just memorize your attack execution times and the enemy's, if you remember them, nothing will ever hit you + AFAIk every enemy makes a sound before it attacks = hear sound = dodge, easy =D

DMD+ inifinte devil trigger+ trickster = way too easy, and if you are good, royal guard will get you through the game with 0 damage, and if you are really good use gunslinger+guns/shotgun, everything blows up, oh and dont concentrate on one enemy on DMD, damage them all a bit, then go for the kill, since they activate devil trigger too after a few of them die.
=D

There is no Infinite devil trigger before dante must die mode. You get Super Dante unlocked AFTER beating Dante Must Die mode. There no other way unless you used that one cheat to unlock everything, and if you did that, ya FAIL! Just ruins all the fun ^_^. Plus, its funner to play DMD mode without infinite devil trigger.

The one mob i am talking about are those piss weak mobs that snipe and run away from you. They shoot blue streaks of energy spears. Then they shoot red ones that take off 1/2 your life or so per shot.

Final boss on DMD mode makes grown men cry.

Edit: Special edition is said to be easier, i'm playing the original undedited edition.

darkshadow
Tue, 09-19-2006, 04:48 PM
err simply beat bloody palace to get infiite devil trigger.
and yes i am talking about the special edition, just beat bloody palace or very hard, i didnt get super dante after dmd, i got super sparda after that, i got super dante from very hard ( or bloody palace not sure anymore, since i got super virgil from bloody palace).

and those mobs are EASY, you just need trickster+stinger, you will catch up to them in no time, also if you have trickster lvl 3, you can get to them without even trying. also gunslinger+stinger can catch up to them fast, just use the shotgun stinger, then use the normal stinger =D

and SE isnt easier, it does add the turbo mode though, which makes you walk 20% faster ( and the gold orbs, but i never die anyway)

Fighter Fei
Tue, 09-19-2006, 08:29 PM
err simply beat bloody palace to get infiite devil trigger.
and yes i am talking about the special edition, just beat bloody palace or very hard, i didnt get super dante after dmd, i got super sparda after that, i got super dante from very hard ( or bloody palace not sure anymore, since i got super virgil from bloody palace).

and those mobs are EASY, you just need trickster+stinger, you will catch up to them in no time, also if you have trickster lvl 3, you can get to them without even trying. also gunslinger+stinger can catch up to them fast, just use the shotgun stinger, then use the normal stinger =D

Of course they're easy if you cheese your way with Super/Corrupt Dante/Vergil. You do much more damage and I believe (most) DTed enemies become juggleable when you DT. But if you do it without, you'll find that it will do two things: It will show you what a game about endurance really is, and by the time you're done with the mode you will be far better at it than before (because you can't get away with running into mobs anymore). Have I beaten DMD/VMD mode? No. I'm still on Mission 2 (though I'm on a hiatus because I just bought Disgaea). But you won't see me cheesing through the game. I want the satisfaction of knowing I beat DMD mode because I improved enough to be able to handle (virtually) everything the game threw at me.

and SE isnt easier, it does add the turbo mode though, which makes you walk 20% faster ( and the gold orbs, but i never die anyway)

Not entirely true. With modified enemy placements, the difficulty changes on stages where things have changed. Not to mention that the game was modified to add in an extra difficulty mode to bridge the gap between Hard and DMD mode (which kinda takes away from things a little bit to be honest).

darkshadow
Tue, 09-19-2006, 08:59 PM
well i did beat the bloody palace without infinites, the way i played it was:
normal dmc3, till i beat heaven or hell
SE, dante normal, virgil hard, virgil bloody palace, dante either very hard or bloody palace, and then both dmd, didnt try heaven or hell yet, and really all dt does in dante must die is make you faster, you dont even do a lot more damage cause the enemy's DT aswell, im just someone who happens to be very good at these type of games. ( ninja gaiden? piece of cake )

Fighter Fei
Tue, 09-19-2006, 10:28 PM
well i did beat the bloody palace without infinites, the way i played it was:
normal dmc3, till i beat heaven or hell
SE, dante normal, virgil hard, virgil bloody palace, dante either very hard or bloody palace, and then both dmd, didnt try heaven or hell yet, and really all dt does in dante must die is make you faster, you dont even do a lot more damage cause the enemy's DT aswell, im just someone who happens to be very good at these type of games. ( ninja gaiden? piece of cake )

DT does more than make you faster. It greatly increases the damage you do and also regenerates life (assuming you're not using any of the super forms, which lack this ability to keep some semblance of balance, I would guess), and if I recall, also allows you to stun DTed enemies. But the rate at which your life regenerates is also based on what difficulty you're playing in, as it heals more slowly in the higher difficulties (stopping completely in DMD/VMD mode--making life regeneration pretty much a moot point). Stunning DTed enemies is -very- time consuming, but necessary for survival--I'm still trying to teach myself that, and Perfect Guarding with Royal Guard at the same time. But there are reasons why you don't see your attacks doing as much damage too. The most outstanding of which is that they receive a HUGE surplus of health