PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 95 Discussion

Sandldan
Wed, 09-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Bleach 95 released

http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b95.torrent

kippykinkel
Wed, 09-06-2006, 01:04 AM
either dattebayo's tracker has gone goofy, or updating to bitcomet 0.71 screwed the shit outta me cause im having trouble downloading this

LaZie
Wed, 09-06-2006, 02:09 AM
Tracker is fine, I downloaded it just dandy

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-06-2006, 02:36 AM
Awsome episode!

Great action for once! I almost wanna kick Ichigo in the teeth for getting involved and fucking up that awsome battle.

Kariya's Doll is the wind huh, pretty cool.

Anyway, next episode should be even more awsome now that the Bankai's are out!

kippykinkel
Wed, 09-06-2006, 03:43 AM
anyone notice any weird video problems in this episode or is it just me?

Kraco
Wed, 09-06-2006, 05:40 AM
Yes, it was a very nice episode. Byakuya was just as cool and cold as originally, which, coupled with the 100% fitting voice actor, is a combination always a real pleasure to behold. The fight was also good. Luckily Kariya wasn't made right away overpowerlful, but actually got scratched just like Byakuya. Although as he can just heal himself at any time, in the long run it could be troublesome.

I'm just wondering if those bountos don't have any weaknesses. Normally when you have a great power, you always have some nasty weakness. So far I can't recall anything. They just seemed to get more powerful in the SS. I guess it remains to be seen if there is an Achilles heel, or if they will be just simply beaten to submission despite their seemingly convincing invincibility.

Uberbaka
Wed, 09-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Maybe It'll end up with a "Oh noes they overdosed on power and destroyed them selves" ending, which would be kinda lame after this entire arc as a buildup.

Loved this episode, if anything bothered me it would have been that ichigo was very quick to go Bankai...

"Heya, what's goi*BANKAI!!!*

Sandldan
Wed, 09-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Well ichigo could be killed in no time by kariya without his bankai.
It also seems to be close to impossible for byakuyas senbonzaku to touch kariya since his body is surrounded by those strong winds. I doubt this fight will go on for too much longer, something will interrupt soon hopefully nothing too lame.

Animeniax
Wed, 09-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Pretty sweet episode. Great fight scenes. Ichigo's voice during the recap was kind of different.

I think Ichigo went straight to Bankai because of his previous encounters with Kariya. I see this ending with Hollow-Ichigo beating the tar out of Kariya, with a shocked Byakuya looking on. If Kariya can use the spirit particles to heal his wounds, why not heal up that scar on his chin?

I still want to see Ichinose vs Zaraki Kenpachi.

Ririn is the most annoying sidekick since JarJar Binks. Someone needs to exterminate her asap.

The Shinigami Golden Cup was pretty good, but not as good as the previous one.

darkmetal505
Wed, 09-06-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm just wondering if those bountos don't have any weaknesses. Normally when you have a great power, you always have some nasty weakness. So far I can't recall anything. They just seemed to get more powerful in the SS. I guess it remains to be seen if there is an Achilles heel, or if they will be just simply beaten to submission despite their seemingly convincing invincibility.

If you destroy their dolls they're pretty much useless.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Anyone else notice when it switched over to black and white sketches for a few seconds? Do you think that was an intentional artistic decision or did they just run out of money?

Uberbaka
Wed, 09-06-2006, 06:29 PM
I dunno, but it gave me a major FLCL flashback/seizure.

Kraco
Wed, 09-06-2006, 06:45 PM
If you destroy their dolls they're pretty much useless.

Weren't the dolls stronger in the SS as well? So, that's no weakness. And in other cases than Kariya it still seems to me very much so that killing the master should be a lot easier than killing the doll (if your head already rolls, it could be a little late to try to regenerate). So there should be no intelligent reason to attack the doll if it's possible to attack the master. Of course Ichigo & company never did that, but Byakuya did it right away, demonstrating the difference between a high-school student and a nobleman.

dragonrage
Wed, 09-06-2006, 07:23 PM

Yeah if you destroy the doll they are dead as well. But if you remember a episode far back, explaining how the old man got that way. If they absorb living souls their lives are cut short or they grow older(that was the price the old dude paid for absorbing souls, but now the souls are purified which i am guess is to prolong that effect). And I am guessing that their bodies can only take so much power at a time that is why the big guy offered himself up as a tester when they first entered soul society. And yes, the dolls get stronger as their masters' strength increase.

This was a pretty badass episode. I enjoyed it. I kinda got pissed when the diverted from the fight when Ichigo entered. And yeah Byakuya is cool as ever, but you can see that he is a softie. I am guessing if you haven't picked up on it now you will later. Beneath that cold exterior beats the heart of a caring soul.

I can't wait to see what the next episode looks like. The bankai's effect was kinda cut short with the increasing of spirit power and all but it was awsome nevertheless. I am kinda happy they did that, they saved a few more second that went towards the fight. Ofcourse they sacrificed dramatic effect but we all know what it mean when Bankai is released anyways.

* dragonrage highlights next week wednesday on his calander. *

darkmetal505
Wed, 09-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Weren't the dolls stronger in the SS as well? So, that's no weakness. And in other cases than Kariya it still seems to me very much so that killing the master should be a lot easier than killing the doll (if your head already rolls, it could be a little late to try to regenerate). So there should be no intelligent reason to attack the doll if it's possible to attack the master. Of course Ichigo & company never did that, but Byakuya did it right away, demonstrating the difference between a high-school student and a nobleman.

Well, it might be extremely difficult, but its still a weakness. Kariya seems to be a tough cookie though. His Doll has no physical embodiment that one can attack directly, or does it? :)

Sweet episode. Aside from the minor animation glitches, this episode really got me excited. Although I would've liked Byakuya and Kariya to carry on a little more.

Conders
Thu, 09-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Great episode... Don't think you can kill Kariya by killing his doll, since you can't kill the wind can you?

Looking a lot forward to next episode!
And of course Ichigo takes out bankai asap, he can't kill Kariya without can he?

Animeniax
Thu, 09-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Anyone else notice when it switched over to black and white sketches for a few seconds? Do you think that was an intentional artistic decision or did they just run out of money?
I thought it was very artistic, but figured it was from the manga or something. Then I realized these are still filler episodes, even though they rock.

I think the key to beating the Bounto will be demon magic. We've hardly seen any use of demon magic, and there's obviously several attacks of varying strength. There's at least 33 Destructive Arts, and that binding spell Kuchiki Byakuya used on Abarai Renji in the SS arc was pretty powerful. Why not use that spell on Kariya?

Uberbaka
Thu, 09-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Great episode... Don't think you can kill Kariya by killing his doll, since you can't kill the wind can you?

They could all stop recycling and start killing off the environment? Or perhaps that would just make toxic wind which would be even worse...

So wait, he just uses air and manipulates it or actual wind? 'Cause I seem to recall some of his battles being indoors and in a frickin cave.

Yukimura
Thu, 09-07-2006, 09:06 AM
It's funny that I recently came to the conclusion that air manipulation was one of the least plausible super powers and now Kariya is a wind master...it almost feels like the writers just wanted to spite me. Fortunately it doesn't matter how improbable is, b/c it's still a badass power and this is anime. Ichigo on the other hand has such an anti-grunt power structure that I don't think he could ever win another captain level fight without the Hollow side.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or annoyed that the main charachter is so weak compared to everyone he has to fight (except grunts). Kariya has shown that Ichigo's bankai speed means nothing to him, and since that's all he has to go on it's pretty obvious he'll have to go Hollow to defeat him.

Canadian
Thu, 09-07-2006, 08:56 PM
It's funny that I recently came to the conclusion that air manipulation was one of the least plausible super powers and now Kariya is a wind master...it almost feels like the writers just wanted to spite me. Fortunately it doesn't matter how improbable is, b/c it's still a badass power and this is anime. Ichigo on the other hand has such an anti-grunt power structure that I don't think he could ever win another captain level fight without the Hollow side.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or annoyed that the main charachter is so weak compared to everyone he has to fight (except grunts). Kariya has shown that Ichigo's bankai speed means nothing to him, and since that's all he has to go on it's pretty obvious he'll have to go Hollow to defeat him.

I'm not certain, and any definite answer would probably go into the manga, but isn't going hollow-mode, for Ichigo, dangerous? Every time he has, he very quickly regained control of himself. If he stayed in Hollow-mode too long, don't you think he'd be stuck?

[edit] Omg... wtf is with the bad rep. I was making a point. According to my logic, going hollow mode is dangerous. Yes, he could go hollow mode, but then there is a whole other problem if he gets stuck in hollow mode. Jeez. And no, I'm not gonna' "mellow out" like a dumb fuck.

Kraco
Fri, 09-08-2006, 03:31 AM
He hasn't ever switched to the Hollow mode because he wanted to, but when he has been seriously wounded and would be killed otherwise in the imminent future. So I would say it pretty much happens automatically under those circumstances, whether he wanted it or not. So far the hollow within has always bought him enough safe time that he has got the chance to break it and return to his normal shinigami form.

Considering that, if the fight with Kariya wounds him seriously and he's about to die in the next instant, it's extemely likely he will switch to Hollow mode. That should surprise Kariya.

Animeniax
Fri, 09-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Does Ichigo heal while in Hollow mode? He seems to come out of hollow mode in better shape than he went in, since he goes into hollow mode unconsciously as a last resort.

dragonrage
Fri, 09-08-2006, 10:51 AM
the answer is a deffinate, maybe.

a coherent answer will be added shortly, just checking some stuff.

Animeniax
Sat, 09-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Who here is disappointed that Senbonzakura is displayed as pink streams, instead of something like a blizzard of cherry blossom petals? I think it's crappy and lazy that they reduce an effect as cool as "scattered Senbonzakura" as thick streams of pink. Can anyone say if that's how it's drawn in the manga?

Turkish-S
Sat, 09-09-2006, 03:02 PM
No in the manga they are purple.

Good episode.. I think that ishida will be the key figure to finish the fillers.

dragonrage
Tue, 09-12-2006, 05:10 AM
the answer is a deffinate, maybe.

a coherent answer will be added shortly, just checking some stuff.

I really forgot that I was suppose to post my response, until I saw the "WTF?" rep comment. Whoever gave it to me, thanks for the reminder.

Anyways here goes:

The reason why I say maybe is that Ichigo is a Hollow in some sense. And Hollow's can regenerate. So maybe when his other personality takes control the regenerative ability is more potent.

Also even if it he isn't in the Hollow form, The hollow part of him protects him. Case and point; In the fights with Zaraki and Renji a hollow mask was found when he was being healed, and it seemed to be what saved his life. His inert power protects him. And we all know that he has alot more power than he can control, as is.

Anyways this is just a hypothesis of mines. Which means it is just speculation. So that is why I said the answer is a definite "maybe", since I have no real solid foundation to base this on.

I appologise for my late reply. Although my original post did have an answer to it. But a certain someone ( the commie that will not be named) had problems understanding what I ment. But he had reason too. At the time I was sick and deprived of sleep and was plagued with stomach problem (hunger included). So I removed my comment since it made very little sense.

Anyways I hope that this response made sense. And somewhat set your mind at ease.

dragonrage

RyougaZell
Tue, 09-12-2006, 09:00 AM
No in the manga they are purple.

Good episode.. I think that ishida will be the key figure to finish the fillers.

Cherry blossoms (Sakura) are pink. So if the manga has them colored as purple... then its wrong...

Unless Kubo Tite is color-blind or something :D

DeathscytheVII
Tue, 09-12-2006, 04:40 PM
When compared with the naruto fillers, i think the bleach fillers are actually holding good on their own. The fight between Kuchiki and Kariya is awesome, harkens back to the good ole death god arc. And finally, they put some limits on kariya. Every appearance he had was just him owning everything, nice to see its not all easy for him.

Look forward to Ichinose getting owned by Zenpachi, seriously, that guy's too emo.

Mizuchi
Tue, 09-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Go to 12:27 - 12:30. Byakuya scattered his zanpaku-to, but the sword is still in one piece =/.

Also, go to 9:54-9:55, when Kuchiki says "Byakura" (White Lightning). His attitude is a lot like Neji's, so I thought it was ironic how when he says it, it sounds very similar to "Byakugan".