PDA

View Full Version : Rest in peace, Steve Irwin.

Nai
Mon, 09-04-2006, 12:43 AM
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20349534-952,00.html

I guess this how people felt when Houdini died.

Lucifus
Mon, 09-04-2006, 01:09 AM
Damn, I just realized I didn't have school tommorrow and got on my comp to play graw and yahoo news just hit me with it straight in the face.

:( Rest in peace Crocodile Hunter, rest in peace.......

XanBcoo
Mon, 09-04-2006, 01:09 AM
Oh wow...This guy was really a legend. I hate hearing news like this.

I guess it's to be expected that he died doing what he loved - that is, putting himself in dangerous situations because of his love of animals. The guy was a nut, but I can respect him.

BioAlien
Mon, 09-04-2006, 01:21 AM
It appeared that he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest

wow, i didn't know those creature could kill.

poor guy, well, like Xan said, at least he died doing what he loved to do.

6Zabuza9
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:11 AM
i liked him but this is sad. i thought he was invincible

zibo
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:23 AM
FU*K ! I loved his show, I used to watch them all the time, it was one of the best shows on animals, too bad there will be no more of them :(

Rest In Peace Steve.

['] ['] ['] ['] <-candles
(light a candle for Steve)

dragonrage
Mon, 09-04-2006, 03:46 AM
wow, well we are all mortals after all, this just remind us of that fact. After handling black mambas, crocodile and various different species of animal. It was a stingray that killed him. At first i thought this was one sick joke, but then i went to CNN and read the story. Shit I never thought sting-rays cold kill, heck i even played with a few. Damn what a way to go.

I use to make fun of this guy and marvel at what he has accomplished and was doing. He was a man that deserved respect and will be missed.

Steve Erwin, god speed and good bye.

Winged Dancer
Mon, 09-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Wow.....

I mean, seriously, I thought this guy was pretty much eternal. I once joked that he had probably sold his soul to the devil or something - you can't out-speed a crocodile and be human.

This is shocking. Everything about it. How he died and just that he's dead... it's just very very shocking.

Then again, he wasn't the guy you'd expect to die of old age. Perhaps we all saw it coming. It doesn't make it any better. Rest in Peace, Steve Irwin, may you have a nice afterlife.

mage
Mon, 09-04-2006, 07:38 AM
He got stung through the heart. Pretty unlucky, eh? Hopefully his wife will keep doing the Crocodile Hunter series.

Shit I never thought sting-rays cold kill, heck i even played with a few.

Some can hurt you, some can't.

Deblas
Mon, 09-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Man, this is just terrible news. At first I really couldn't believe it. What an incredible strock of bad luck that a sting ray's barb pierced his heart.

My stepfather is a biologist and we loved his shows. I was really fond of the Croc diaries where he filmed his work at the zoo. Man, he comes back today from a trip. I would hate it to break the news to him if he doesn't know.

masamuneehs
Mon, 09-04-2006, 08:58 AM
man i almost thought that guy would never die. I mean, you'd see him do this crazy shit with very dangerous animals, but the attitude he always had while doing it made you think like "well, maybe it isn't that big a deal"...

as i was going to sleep last night i saw the news on my homepage (google news) and it did make me sad. weird that a guy you don't have any real contact with can still impact you.

kAi
Mon, 09-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Well, I was at work and someone said that Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray, my first reaction was "Fuck off!", and then I heard it from other people and then seen it on the news. I'm really suprised by this and still am, although he was over-the-top, but you didn't think this guy could die, and if he did, I always thought that it would be from a Crocodile, Shark or Snake, I never would've thought it would've been a sting ray. What I've heard from other people is that he was doing a documentary on Tiger sharks, and he scared a stingray.

Rest in peace, it's a real tragedy.
My condonlences to his wife Terri, and two kids.

gr3atfull
Mon, 09-04-2006, 09:53 AM
wow, i didn't know those creature could kill.

Same here.

It is really sad that he died, he was young.

And I tought that it was impossible for him to die by an animal.Its funny he didnt die from a crododile but from a stingray.

Knives122
Mon, 09-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Wow, this is a suprise(like Eddie Gurero dying suprising). Like most of you I thought he was invincible or at least would be killed by a more itimidating animal.

I'm running out of people to like in the animal saving world, all that's left is Jeff Corwin <_<.

I guess I'll watch his show today as a sendoff, R.I.P you crazy son of a bitch.

ChaosK
Mon, 09-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Shit I never thought sting-rays cold kill, heck i even played with a few.

Well I know I used to go to places that allowed you to play with the underwater creatures and along with them were stingrays, however I believe most of those had their stingers removed so it's safe.

xDarkMaster
Mon, 09-04-2006, 10:58 AM
This is a sad day indeed. He was extremely entertaining to watch, crazy guy.

R.I.P.

http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/9197/40rx8.gif

joker-kun
Mon, 09-04-2006, 12:29 PM
According to wikipedia the reason it killed him was because when the stinger pierced his chest it hit his heart. Dunno if it's true or not though.

Genma
Mon, 09-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, the stinger hit his heart. And I always used to think stingrays were total pansies.

Anyway... whatever. I used to watch him when I was little, but then he just started getting annoying when I saw his interview on the Today Show after he dangled his baby in front of a crocodile.

R.I.P and whatnot.

Assassin
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Man, this sucks. That guy was probably one of the most well known media personalities in the world. Im certain he was more recognizable then some hollywood actors around the world. But like people have said, atleast he died doing what he loved.

This mite not be entirely appropiate, but atleast the way he died suits him and his character. How many ppl can say they've been stabbed thru the heart by a sting ray? It has to be one of the more 'macho' ways to die.

We'll definately miss him....may he rest in peace.

darkmetal505
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Definitely "macho," but ouch.

He was quite influential in someways. Maybe his kids will carry on the legacy.

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-04-2006, 04:28 PM
As has already been said, it was bound to happen sooner or later. He's amazing for staying alive that long. :S

XanBcoo
Mon, 09-04-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm running out of people to like in the animal saving world, all that's left is Jeff Corwin <_<.

Dude, you know Jeff Corwin was behind this somehow. The fight for ratings and whatnot...

Also, you really know you're a geek when you consider this 4chan post to be a moving eulogy:

http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/2473/ripirwinqq0.jpg

Seriously though, he deserves to be up there with the likes of Chuck Norris in his levels of badassitude. The guy took on snakes, sharks, crocs, and other seriously dangerous animals without batting an eye. I'm sure his encounter with the stingray must have been one seriously epic battle.

BioAlien
Mon, 09-04-2006, 05:21 PM
http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/2473/ripirwinqq0.jpg

i didn't understand a thing from that pic

Knives122
Mon, 09-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Where he belongs:
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/9/6/c/96c7f4b006b310f2f9857e1b3af9310d.gif

With Jedi!!

ChaosK
Mon, 09-04-2006, 11:01 PM
i didn't understand a thing from that pic

I agree, what the fuck is a meme?

Raven
Tue, 09-05-2006, 03:06 AM
It's all been said in this thread, but it's a sad fact that he's gone. A great guy with a heart of gold who really cared about animals, his family, and life in general. He will be missed.

Apparently he pulled the barb out of his chest before he died. Badass.

complich8
Tue, 09-05-2006, 03:19 AM
I agree, what the fuck is a meme?

Short answer: a shared idea that serves to define the culture.

Long answer: ask wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme).

Winged Dancer
Tue, 09-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Irwin was all over the newspapers here today. I hate mexican newspapers, at least the ones from the city - they're unable to write any non-political news without making bad, out of place puns. So the note was headlined as "Hunter gets Hunted!", for some reason I was expecting a "lol" next to it.

Anyway, they're saying now that he died not from the poison but because of the wounds inflicted by the stingray's tail... which is even more scary to me.

Knives122
Tue, 09-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Both messed up and funny at the same time(it was only a matter of time before assholes started making fun of his death) Hitman (http://whatreallyhappenedd.ytmnd.com/)

XanBcoo
Wed, 09-06-2006, 02:01 AM
Assholes started making fun of his death literally just after the news broke. That one's actually pretty tame, sadly.

Sandldan
Wed, 09-06-2006, 02:20 AM
What can i say, the internet is getting overflowed with steve irwin

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/336992

Genma
Wed, 09-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Just heard a new joke. Please... don't get offended.

JOKE: Why was Steve Irwin's suntan lotion recalled?

ANSWER: Because it didn't protect against harmful rays.

Ba-binggggg. >_>;

Terracosmo
Thu, 09-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Both messed up and funny at the same time(it was only a matter of time before assholes started making fun of his death) Hitman (http://whatreallyhappenedd.ytmnd.com/)

ROTFLMAO that's awesome
Stupid crocs and their conspiracies

lisaa
Mon, 09-11-2006, 05:16 AM
R.I.P stevie! Australia misses you heaps! although it seems that he was a bigger hit in other countries then australia. wishes to his family and friends! (: