PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 321

Teki
Thu, 08-31-2006, 06:12 AM
Rapidshare LQ RAW (http://rapidshare.de/files/31407294/NARUTO_-_321.zip)

I think this one is A LOT more interesting than last week's.

MQ Scanlation (http://s7.quicksharing.com/v/2244655/321.zip.html)

Knives122
Thu, 08-31-2006, 06:52 AM
I'm pretty sure anything is more interesting then last weeks ch.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 08-31-2006, 08:30 AM
Wow, I have mixed feelings for this chapter. On one hand, it's definitely more interesting than last week's - on the other hand, Kakashi proposes a few.... unbelievable things that, however, are ultimately a given.

I'd translate it for you guys but I have to leave for school... and I'm pretty sure a few translations will pop up soon enough, so for the moment, I'll just summarize and label that there are spoilers underneath this.... also, spoilers from my translation, so it can differ from the ones that appear next.

Kakashi tells Naruto that he'll show him something "interesting" and takes him off to the training place, where they review what's needed for the creation of the new jutsu; the Chakra Form training (transforming one's chakra into an element) which Naruto already perfected in the training at the waterfall and Chakra Manipulating, which Naruto, too, has already - the Rasengan is a jutsu based on pure chakra manipulation.

Naruto then gets all excited and claims that creating a new jutsu will be easy, since he perfected both techniqes with such an ease. Kakashi, however, goes on to show him that he, too, can create the Rasengan - after all, he was the forth's pupil.

But, Kakashi can't mix the two techniques. He can't force his chakra into an attack, i.e. Rasengan and give said attack his elemental abilities. In other words, he can't create a Lighting Rasengan, for instance, and according to him, not even the Fourth Hokage was able to. Mixing the two techniques together is an S rank ability, or perhaps even higher - it can be pretty much impossible by what they know.

Kakashi, however, has hopes for Naruto. If anyone can, it's him - because Kakashi believes Naruto is the only shinobi who can surpass the Fourth, and that's not just motivational talk, he really believes so.

The chapter shifts to the Akatsuki, where the guy at the corpse storage warns Kakuzu that money will make him noticeable, but Kakuzu doesn't care. Outside, Shikamaru has noticed that Asuma is acting strangely - he has stopped smoking, something he did only when the Third Hokage died, and Asuma explains that he and Chiriki were close friends - like Shikamaru and Chouji are, but Shikamaru doesn't believe that's why he quit smoking.

Parkalash
Thu, 08-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Itas a Fact naruto is pro haha, he will do it!!

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-31-2006, 08:45 AM
so... the awsome new technique we`ve been waiting for is a wind rasengan? o.0

Assertn
Thu, 08-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Foo, all the rasengans we've seen up to this point had been incomplete

bxgreatone87
Thu, 08-31-2006, 11:01 AM
No matter what the rasengan is gonna be incomplete only the 4th could complete it all the way not even jiraya. I know i read this somewhere dont remember exactly where though.

Edort4
Thu, 08-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Another chapter where nothing much happens. This is getting boring I was hoping that at least Asumas team would encounter with the akatsuki to have a battle royale on the next chapter.

There are a few tranlations out there and by what I read they say that even the 4th couldnt mix both manipulations in one jutsu, we can say in his behalf that he died being pretty young so maybe in time he would do it.

Kakashi believes that naruto can do it (getting one of the most powerful jutsu in the world, even if he said something about other S-rank jutsus they dont know about) Im guessing that maybe kakashi knew that the 4th was close to do it and naruto being his son.. :rolleyes:

Personaly if I was Kakashi I would teach Naruto about the sharingan (he has to defeat 2 users) and how to fight against genjutsu (mangekyou or not). Giving him a powerboost to the rasengan doesnt make much sense, he is not lacking destructive power.

Edit: this is a question for someone to explain to me. Is chidori a jutsu that combines both form and nature manipulation or its only nature?

dragon608608
Thu, 08-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Chidori is a 90% nature & 10% form jutsu because according to Kakashi, he only use the form to control the range of chidori, nothing more unlike rasengan which form also do some damage.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 08-31-2006, 12:07 PM
By the end of this series Kakashi will have Byakugan in his other eye, develop three bloodline limits and shoot bone projectiles out of the end of his cock with 100% accuracy.

bxgreatone87
Thu, 08-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Another chapter where nothing much happens. This is getting boring I was hoping that at least Asumas team would encounter with the akatsuki to have a battle royale on the next chapter.

There are a few tranlations out there and by what I read they say that even the 4th couldnt mix both manipulations in one jutsu, we can say in his behalf that he died being pretty young so maybe in time he would do it.

Kakashi believes that naruto can do it (getting one of the most powerful jutsu in the world, even if he said something about other S-rank jutsus they dont know about) Im guessing that maybe kakashi knew that the 4th was close to do it and naruto being his son.. :rolleyes:

Personaly if I was Kakashi I would teach Naruto about the sharingan (he has to defeat 2 users) and how to fight against genjutsu (mangekyou or not). Giving him a powerboost to the rasengan doesnt make much sense, he is not lacking destructive power.

Edit: this is a question for someone to explain to me. Is chidori a jutsu that combines both form and nature manipulation or its only nature?

Im a little confused also but i think chidori is nature while rasengan is form. Also they say the 4th couldnt do both with the rasengan and niether could kakashi. I was wondering what was the use of creating chidori if its just as powerful as rasengan lol.

I actually enjoyed this chapter since it was good developement into the story and brought back the 4th in a way which is always good imo. What i really see naruto needing is a boost in speed like lee and sasuke since its to easy to dodge naruto's attack when useing rasengan. Like when he fought kabuto, kabuto dodged it and said he cant catch him with such movements.

Ohhh on another note Kakashi is God! controling 3 of the more powerful techniques in the manga that we have seen so far. I wont be surprised if he has the sealing technique the 4th and 3rd used calling the death god.

Assertn
Thu, 08-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Kakashi said his rasengan couldn't evolve any further because his chakra element form isn't compatible with the chakra manipulation. This implies that, regardless of skill, there's still a limit to a ninja's abilities. The impression I had was that the 4th's element form wasn't compatible with rasengan as well. In other words, perhaps only wind users can complete the rasengan. Does this mean asuma could perfect the rasengan? If he had the training and talent that kakashi has, then chances are, probably.

dragon608608
Thu, 08-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Kakashi said his rasengan couldn't evolve any further because his chakra element form isn't compatible with the chakra manipulation. This implies that, regardless of skill, there's still a limit to a ninja's abilities. The impression I had was that the 4th's element form wasn't compatible with rasengan as well. In other words, perhaps only wind users can complete the rasengan. Does this mean asuma could perfect the rasengan? If he had the training and talent that kakashi has, then chances are, probably.

Interesting point. That is what i thought too since rasengan look like a small typoon or tornado. Maybe it goes well with wind. However, isn't Kakashi know how to make wind too? he said most of jounin can control at least 2 nature isn't it? and he has the sharingan that can copy or ther jutsu too.

Meteros
Thu, 08-31-2006, 02:44 PM
chidori is definitely a mix of both form and nature because in a previous chapter kakashi explained how it took sasuke a few weeks to learn the nature before he could start the form. kakashi also says that if chidori were just form, then there would be no point in him having invented it. the mix of form and nature is what makes it destructive, explaining why naruto's incomplete although powered up rasengan lost to sasuke's lvl 2 chidori at the end of part 1

Assertn
Thu, 08-31-2006, 03:10 PM
chidori is a sloppy jutsu. It's probably mostly form and little manipulation used to shape the form.

bxgreatone87
Thu, 08-31-2006, 03:14 PM
chidori is definitely a mix of both form and nature because in a previous chapter kakashi explained how it took sasuke a few weeks to learn the nature before he could start the form. kakashi also says that if chidori were just form, then there would be no point in him having invented it. the mix of form and nature is what makes it destructive, explaining why naruto's incomplete although powered up rasengan lost to sasuke's lvl 2 chidori at the end of part 1

it didnt lose to it both stoped each other only diffrence is sasuke just punches naruto in the stomace to knock him out, and naruto just scratched his forehead protector.

From the translations ive read it says nothing about kakashi or the 4th not being able to add there element to the rasengan becasue of incompatability. From how the translations sound like it just seems that rasengan is a high lvl jutsu that is extremely hard to add your nature to it.

They even say it rare for shinobi to form and change the nature of there chakra at the same time, maybe its just harder with rasengan because of the perfect sphere form you must make with it to be effective.

I have also read that the 4th created rasengan specifically for his element ( most likely wind) but since the rasengan is th highest form of chkra manipulation it was way more difficult.

heres the link if you need the translation

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=8104.0

Assertn
Thu, 08-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Perhaps, and in the first scanslation they had up, kakashi says "my lightning wont fuse with the rasengan"

Death BOO Z
Thu, 08-31-2006, 06:22 PM
for some reason, Kakashi blasting out a rasengan (wasn't it said that only Jiraya and the 4th could do it?) troubles me less than the time he blasted out a M.Sharingan, though I'm suprised that it was said the 4th spent 3 years mastering the Rasengan and he still couldn't take it to the next level.. heck, who am I to judge?

by the way, do we know what was "That" Jutsu Jiraya was talking about?

next, Akatsuki KUzan and what's his name are still fun, though the bounty idea is totally stupid (Logically speaking, who has enough cash to put out a contract like that?only villiages and rich lords should be able to do so, and why put money on a monk's head?). but all and all, I miss Zetsu.

Lastly, Asume, we get the point already, he's gonna die,can we move on already?

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Yay for Naruto suddenly being able to advance just because he's the main character, way to destroy hundreds of chapters of establishing him as a dumbass - now he's gonna surpass the 4th. Yay.

Worst main character ever.

Other than that, nothing much happened; I still like last week's chapter.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Thu, 08-31-2006, 07:28 PM
by the way, do we know what was "That" Jutsu Jiraya was talking about?

nope, it hasn't been mentioned since jiraya brought it up. i think it has something to do with the kyuubi.

next, Akatsuki KUzan and what's his name are still fun, though the bounty idea is totally stupid (Logically speaking, who has enough cash to put out a contract like that?only villiages and rich lords should be able to do so, and why put money on a monk's head?). but all and all, I miss Zetsu.

whos to say a village didnt put a bounty on him? just because 2 villages are at peace now doesnt mean any past conflicts would be forgotten and konoha has been in 2 major conflicts that we know of. one with the hidden stone and one with hidden cloud. im sure those villages have reason enough to put bounties on konohas most powerful ninjas.

Lastly, Asume, we get the point already, he's gonna die,can we move on already?

i hope he doesnt i like his character.

darkmetal505
Thu, 08-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Although this chapter didn't have the action everyone is dying for, I still found it entertaining. Heh, but only 1 more chapter before the super good stuff starts. I think this chapter gave more insight that Naruto is the 4th's son.

bxgreatone87
Thu, 08-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Yay for Naruto suddenly being able to advance just because he's the main character, way to destroy hundreds of chapters of establishing him as a dumbass - now he's gonna surpass the 4th. Yay.

Worst main character ever.

Other than that, nothing much happened; I still like last week's chapter.

What did you think was gonna happen he was gonna stay weaker then everyone else forever? Goku was a dumbass in dragonballz yet he was the strongest against all odds. You gotta give naruto some props for never giving up also he gets stronger when he is working hard for something ex: saveing sakura against garra. Now he is doing it to get sasuke back.

Thats the whole point behind his strength and the reason why jiraya trained him he wont give up, he will do anything to become hokage,and he has the will of konoha. Not to mention his training is going way faster then anyone else because of the clones. Ohhh ya and he has a freaking demon in him giving him almost infinite chakra.

Sounds kinda familiar kinda like goku one of the most popular main characters in manga/anime ever lol( fighting for everyone else makeing him stronger everytime, considered a weakling as a kid ). so you cant really say he is the worst main character ever.

mage
Thu, 08-31-2006, 09:15 PM
He's a pretty damn shitty character. It's always the same boring shit with him over and over. No complexity to him at all.

kAi
Thu, 08-31-2006, 09:21 PM
Well, not a bad chapter, you get to here some interesting things like Kakashi believing that he'll surpase Yondaime, also Shikamaru finding out about Asuma's smoking habits (2 packs a day, god damn that's crazy!), this just keeps leading on to Asuma's death.

Why is that Kakuzo so wrapped in money, he's one of the strongest ninja's in the naruto world, why could he possibly need money for when he can just take what he wants, lol. Isn't he supposed to be the bad guy? pussy.

Rasengan is basically a wind techinque already, but he'll probably figure out a way to throw it or something, otherwise all I see is it getting bigger. I can also see Naruto coming up with an ultimate defense later on, similar to Kaiten except without the spinning, just the wind spinning around him.

mage
Thu, 08-31-2006, 09:33 PM
And who would allow Kakuzu to buy anything from them anyway? I think pretty much anyone would try to kill him on sight unless there's a special store for S rank criminals out there somewhere.

dragon608608
Thu, 08-31-2006, 10:08 PM
And who would allow Kakuzu to buy anything from them anyway? I think pretty much anyone would try to kill him on sight unless there's a special store for S rank criminals out there somewhere.

ehhhhhhhh...., people who are not ninja?

Oh, one more thing, If Kakuzu keep killing people to get what he want.... then 2 things will happen: One, he will create a huge crowd around him that alter the ninja from his villager or Konoha to come and kill him. Two, If he keep up the killing even without getting caught, soon there will be no people left for him to steal ..... without having to go to the main village store (ninja village) ... why? ehhhhhhh... i think everyone know.

Edort4
Thu, 08-31-2006, 10:17 PM
I guess that even in mangas they have black market for almost anything just like in the real world. Maybe some of the business are ONLY for s rank wanted criminals. But I dont want to see any nincorleone boss or any mafia bullshit.

Akatsuki are the bad team and their boss the mastermind, we dont need any hampa character in this manga.

As someone said I believe that chidori is nature manipulation of released chakra. I know that Kakashi is god but if he is able to do both nature&form things in the chidori (at the age of 11?) I would feel sad.

Assertn
Thu, 08-31-2006, 10:17 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to assume he's wanted in every country. As far as it seems in the naruto world, any given country's wanted roster is limited to individual threats and vendettas. A country that kakuzi hasn't directly offended and isn't allied with a country that he's directly offended shouldn't have a problem with him.

Genma
Thu, 08-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Rasengan is basically a wind techinque already, but he'll probably figure out a way to throw it or something.

If that's the case, the filler anime writers are going to be screwed. Remember that arc with the haunted giant iguana mansion? He threw the Rasengan... whoops.

As for this chapter, yeah, pretty boring. At least we have something to look forward to in the next one.

Yukimura
Fri, 09-01-2006, 12:24 AM
On one hand, I doubt that Kishi wouldn't close off a plot line because the filler writers created some inconsistancy, but anything's possible,

My theory for nature manip + rasengan: Tornado Rasengan - he'll pour chakra into the air and make it spin and essentially make a directable Kaiten like those spinny BattleBots.

And Asuma won't die, he'll get really hurt, (maybe take some pills) and then beat the money grubing guy by nearly dying (The money grubbing guy will likely escape somehow, but be hurt, however he might die. Asuma will be on his death bed, but be saved at the last minute. Likely popping in a cig to show that it's all good.

but then get

ody
Fri, 09-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Rasengan is basically a wind techinque already, but he'll probably figure out a way to throw it or something, otherwise all I see is it getting bigger. I can also see Naruto coming up with an ultimate defense later on, similar to Kaiten except without the spinning, just the wind spinning around him.

Don't you remember the chapter where Naruto performed "Oodama (sp?) Rasengan?"

Basically it was a huge, fucking Rasengan.

And as another poster said, he already threw the Rasengan in a filler, so both of your theories are bunk.

LaZie
Fri, 09-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Fillers have absolutely nothing to do with the manga so throwing a Rasengan in the filler means nothing when it's back to following its manga roots.

ChaosK
Fri, 09-01-2006, 01:20 AM
Don't you remember the chapter where Naruto performed "Oodama (sp?) Rasengan?"

Basically it was a huge, fucking Rasengan.

And as another poster said, he already threw the Rasengan in a filler, so both of your theories are bunk.

The manga>fillers. Manga overrides fillers, no matter what sort of shit the fillers put.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 09-01-2006, 06:40 AM
If Asuma was smoking two packs a day, and then quit cold turkey, he wouldn't be smiling that much. He'd be telling Shikamaru to stop asking questions or get a punch in the mouth.

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-01-2006, 08:02 AM
What did you think was gonna happen he was gonna stay weaker then everyone else forever? Goku was a dumbass in dragonballz yet he was the strongest against all odds. You gotta give naruto some props for never giving up also he gets stronger when he is working hard for something ex: saveing sakura against garra. Now he is doing it to get sasuke back.

Goku wasn't necessarily dumb; just incredibly naive. And when it came to combat, he always was a genius. Sure, the same can be said about Naruto when he occasionally pulls off some stunt, but when reading DBZ I never thought "shit, Goku is so dumb, how can he possibly win these fights?!", which is a recurring thought in Naruto.

And don't get me wrong, I am not surprised in the least that Naruto is surpassing everyone, I just think it's boring.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 09-01-2006, 10:21 AM
I don't think I'd call Goku a genius in combat. A genius in training might be accurate, but I don't want to get too far off topic.

What we're seeing is a transition that should have taken place over the course of the entire series taking place in a few chapters. Naruto should have shown a bit of improvement after every battle. He especially should have improved during that training with Jiraiya. Since he hasn't improved as much as he should have in all that time. Kishimoto is playing cath-up. It's a shame, but he does need to improve a lot for the plot to advance.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 09-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I was pretty annoyed at Kakashi suddenly being able to do the Rasengan. I guess it's plausible - after all, the Fourth Hokage was his teacher, so why not? But it had been established before that the Rasengan was a Fourth-Jiraiya-Naruto thing only, it was a special technique that couldn't be done by anyone.

But as someone has said already, Kakashi is a magical ninja who, in two more years, will be able to control sand, open the body Gates, use shadows to fight and possibly erase you out of existance by looking at you with his Level 6.78 Mangekyou Sharingan.

Wasn't the Rasengan a non-elemental jutsu, however? I think I remember it being more like pure chakra put to spin. That's why Jiraiya checked Naruto's hair growth and all too, to see if his Chakra flow was from right to left or viceversa... if it was a Wind element jutsu, does that mean Kakashi is able to control not only Lighting and Fire but also Wind?

Psyke
Fri, 09-01-2006, 11:54 AM
But as someone has said already, Kakashi is a magical ninja who, in two more years, will be able to control sand, open the body Gates, use shadows to fight and possibly erase you out of existance by looking at you with his Level 6.78 Mangekyou Sharingan.

Kakashi can open the gates and have done so previously.

Wasn't the Rasengan a non-elemental jutsu, however? I think I remember it being more like pure chakra put to spin. That's why Jiraiya checked Naruto's hair growth and all too, to see if his Chakra flow was from right to left or viceversa... if it was a Wind element jutsu, does that mean Kakashi is able to control not only Lighting and Fire but also Wind?

Not only that but he has used many other elemental jutsu as well, such as the Suiton and Douton techniques. One might say the Sharingan is the reason, but like how many others feel it's not realistic for a jounin or higher level ninja to be able to utilise just 2 elements.

Death13a
Fri, 09-01-2006, 12:41 PM
I am not surprised that Kakashi can do Rasenga as it just high level of chakra manipulation and he is counted as genius. Sharingan allows him to see how jutsu is performed but rest is up to him to do to perform it himself.

bxgreatone87
Fri, 09-01-2006, 12:51 PM
the idea of throwing a rasengan wouldnt work imo because you need to keep the form of the chakra as a sphere. how are you gonna control that once you throw it and its out of your control.

The thing about the jounin and that they ATLEAST have 2 elements (note the fact i caped it) Would mean they can have more then 2 maybe even all of them. One will have to dominiant of course but other then that i wouldnt be surprised to see many jounin lvl ninja using multiple elements easy.

Now to be able to change the form and use the element of the a jutsu is completely diffrent ie: chidori because this is a whole new lvl of using elements. just put it this way even though naruto isnt a fire user he can probably learn how to use the fire spitting techniques sasuke uses, but i doubt he will be able to add the fire elements abilty to another jutsu like rasengan.

ody
Fri, 09-01-2006, 01:21 PM
You know what the new jutsu will be?

Kakashi will teach Naruto how to form the Rasengan into his hand. Once that is completed, Naruto will be able to have a Rasengan fist that he will be able to use in battle. End of story.

Edort4
Fri, 09-01-2006, 01:46 PM
That would suck :o For that matter he only needs to wear some spiky knuckles and make them sharper lol more punching damage without training.

WD: rasengan is only a form manipulation (the very zenit of it from what kakashi said) something that suited Naruto perfectly because he was very slow at learning and would take him years to master nature manipulation (tada! kage bunshin learning bullshit).

I cant imagine what you can get from putting some wind in a little typhoon ball of chakra. Move it even faster? Throw it as some said? (this would suck too). I hope that Kishimoto has a brilliant idea that surprises us all.

Kensee
Fri, 09-01-2006, 02:43 PM
[This took 12 hours in MS paint]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/naruto.jpg

Spoiler ahead:

This is naruto's new move.

Spoiler ends.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 09-01-2006, 05:01 PM

which is about 11 hours more than the amount of time Naruto will need to learn it..
honestly, he spent a month "mastering" form manipulation (the rasengan) but only a day to master the nature manipulation... that's one hell of improvement...
so next time he needs to learn something he'll need only a few mintues, and after that, he'll just use his Sharingan to ultra-learn new useless jutsus...

Assertn
Fri, 09-01-2006, 05:11 PM
NOTE: pessimism is passe

Assassin
Fri, 09-01-2006, 05:58 PM
despite all the complaining about narutos learning method, its really the most logical thing to do. Not only has it been demonstrated thru the course of the series (with naruto using his clones to spy or whatever) but it also justifies the kage bunshin being a forbidden jutsu.

And as for the new jutsu, im thinking it'll be more like a torando/hurricane that naruto will create or something like that. This could possible even evolve into a wind shield, much like neji's spinning shield.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 09-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Kakashi can open the gates and have done so previously.

Not only that but he has used many other elemental jutsu as well, such as the Suiton and Douton techniques. One might say the Sharingan is the reason, but like how many others feel it's not realistic for a jounin or higher level ninja to be able to utilise just 2 elements.

I can't remember him opening the Gates, a la Rock Lee. Can you remember the chapter number or something?

And yeah, now that you say so, Kakashi has used Doton and Suiton in various ocassions. Maybe the thing about elements is that you can only create Jutsus using your own matered elements?
So for instance Kakashi wouldn't be able to create an water-based jutsu but he can use the water-based jutsu he has copied with his Sharingan.

Or maybe that's just Kishimoto creating an elemental system way too late.

For some reason though it doesn't bother me that much that Kakashi is able to do all that. Maybe I just like his character, but Naruto being able to surpass the 4th Hokage (he's the main character, I know) bothers me more than Kakashi being a multi-element ninja.

It sucks to think that the new Jutsu will probably be Wind + Rasengan. I was hoping for something original. I mean, remember back at the beggining? When Naruto was touted as an original prankster ninja who used that inventive in battle? What happened to that? Now he's just mostly copying Sasuke or creating new rasengans.

Then again, Sasuke's new move is a new Chidori. So a new Rasegnan isn't that surprising.

Knives122
Fri, 09-01-2006, 08:40 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/naruto.jpg

Spoiler ahead:

This is naruto's new move.

Spoiler ends.

I had actually suggested a couple of chapters ago that the new jutsu would be like the kamehameha(which looks sort've like that I guess.....)

but now I'm sort've thinking it'll look like the Rasengan normally should but a different color and a wind whirlpool around it.(put a wind ring around it spinning)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 09-01-2006, 08:43 PM
some people consider the part when Kakashi climbes the rocks (to meet with Sasuke) as gate openning, it's really up to private opinion.. it should be somewhere at chapter 110+ or episode sixsty something...

the new rasengan will probably be an even more powered up attack, that due to being rellient on Naruto's poor hand to hand skills, will never reach the enemy and deal any destructive damage... Naruto should have some taijutsu trainning, wheather with the kyuubi vector arms (It suddenly reminds me of elfen lied..) or by himself, another option is for him to develop some binding jutsus, like what Kakahsi did to Zabuza (by the way, when did we last see Naruto summoning a frog?) or something that matter... just having stronger attacks won't get him anywhere if he can't hit...

it's like Goku's spirit bomb... it was incrediably powerful, but the preperation time was so huge and the attack so slow that he needed Vegita to cover up for him in the only time he actually did it right...

Though, following this logic, naruto might find a way to use wind current to make the rasengan hover, so it'll be a projectile weapon, and have a better chance to hit. he could fight someone in melee combat, and then have a rasengan fly to the guy's back from outta nowhere, and BAMN! no more enemy.

As for elements.... I think it's very simple... everybody can use any element, but they are remarkably better with some elements more than other... it's the same as playing tennis with your left hand, you can practice it as much as you want, and will eventually be able to play properly, but playing with your strong hand will be much easier and accurate. I.E: Kakashi can do water jutsus up to a high level, but will never be able to achieve the "godlike" jutsus, like 'surf' and 'hydro pump'.

Here's an idea for Naruto's new jusu. he warps himself with the chackra ball of the rasengan, and turns himself into chackra, then he uses the wind element to push the sphere to a diffrent place, and rebuilds himself, thus, achieving telepotriation abilities.

Raven
Fri, 09-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Seems like the only surprises we've been getting lately is that somehow Kakashi, out of the blue, can suddenly perform some feat or jutsu that previously only a certain ninja or few ninja could. But ehh, it's all good.

Something that annoys me though; how come Kakashi suddenly has all this faith in Naruto as a ninja after never having any throughout the entire series so far? It's kind of dumb.

dragon608608
Fri, 09-01-2006, 10:52 PM
simple, i think Kakashi said that because he saw Naruto's kind heart that enable him to change people from bad to good. He saw Naruto's undieing courage to stand up for something he believe in. He saw Naruto's will of protection the precious people (in this case his old friend or i should say his sub-brother). Finally, he saw Naruto is a dumb ass who try his hardest who do thing other people wouldn't dare to do (would you continue to develop a jutsu that both genious Kakashi and the Fourth (Jairaya fail too perhap) unable to do if you are a smart person like Sasuke or Itachi? I bet most of people don't because change that you fail too is high, too high for a fact). That is why Kakashi believe Naruto can be greater ninja than the Fourth.

bxgreatone87
Fri, 09-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Again with the element thing they said earlier that jounin have "atleast" 2 elements so that can mean 2-all the elements. So kakashi being able to use so many elements aint as big as you guys makeing it out to be. they never said a ninja is limited to 1 or 2.

now makeing your own jutsu or applying it to another jutsu like rasengan is another story. I believe you can only do that with your element affinity ex: kakashi lightining, naruto wind. makeing fireballs like sasuke and makeing water clones is a diffrent story compared to fuseing your element into other moves.

I dont think he will be able to throw the rasengan because you need to make a perfect sphere form and concentrate to maintain that form. once you throw it i doubt you can control it anymore. The point of the jutsu is to release your chakra at full power in a constant flow and maintain it into a perfect sphere which you cant do either if you throw it.

Stoopider
Sat, 09-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Kamehame HA!

:D

UChessmaster
Sat, 09-02-2006, 11:25 AM
so... will it be posible for kakashi to use rasengan in one hand and chidori in the other?

Psyke
Sat, 09-02-2006, 11:32 AM
so... will it be posible for kakashi to use rasengan in one hand and chidori in the other?

Chidori requires the user to activate using hand seals, so I doubt it.

dragon608608
Sat, 09-02-2006, 01:33 PM
That is not all. Both chidori and rasengan require huge amount of concentration on both mental and charka. Rasengan alone require the user tap into 100% of his charka and retain it. Chidori doesn't require the user tap into 100% of his charka but require seal and considerable amount of charka (remember back when Kakashi taught Sasuke Chidori? Kakashi said he only able to do it 4 times a day). I even doubt Kakashi would be able to do one after the other let alone at the exact same time. I don't think he has enough charka for them.

bxgreatone87
Sat, 09-02-2006, 01:44 PM
The major problem with that is he uses sharingan during chidori which he explained is like explodeing chakra in the body thats why it uses so much. Useing rasengan at the same time would probably leave him with no chakra or even worse death.

RasenDori
Sun, 09-03-2006, 08:13 AM
eh? are we over analyising again? guys, dont hurt your head.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 09-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Aw, why not? It's not as if these chapters give us anything better to discuss.

I kinda hope Asuma dies. It's an honor, in this manga, for a character with a name to actually die... think of it, how many "good" guys have died lately? I haven't reread the manga for a while but the only ones I can come up with are the Third Hokage and the old woman from the Sand, and her death didn't impact me that much.

So maybe Asuma's death won't be so shocking (it's been announced way too much lately) but it'll be somehow nice. And if he doesn't die then I'll be kinda frustrated.

Psyke
Sun, 09-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Let's just hope that Kishimoto doesn't pull a Gaara on Asuma, if he really dies. I wanna see more of Kurenai and perhaps their past as well.

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-03-2006, 10:26 AM
*dreads the possible prospect of Asuma managing to defeat/kill Kakuzu or Hidan (probably Kakuzu) and then being saved from the brink of death by Sakura's medical jutsus*

Winged Dancer
Sun, 09-03-2006, 10:59 AM
They can't kill Hidan! He's too cool to die so quickly! No, really, killing either Kakuzu or Hidan would be so, so sucky right now. Especialy if Sakura is involved at any degree. Mabe things will go like Kakashi vs.Deidara... nobody dies but they do inflict some serious injuries on each other.

That would be better than Asuma somehow taking out an Akatsuki member and then being revived.

Elessar
Mon, 09-04-2006, 04:52 AM
Man, i hate it. Kakashi was established as a prodigy and THE genius technician of Konoha long ago. The 4th was his teacher. For him to know Rasengan is not surprising at all. We also know that what limits him is his little amount of chakra. So why should he use sth like Rasengan, which takes quite some chakra, if his own fully powered chidori does more damage? Also the chidori is like his fingerprint jutsu for which he is widely known - he doesn't reveal anything by using it. The 4th taught his teacher (Jiraiya) rasengan, why shouldn't he have taught it his student? Esp if he wasn't able to complete it - the student surpasses the teacher, it is only natural to teach Kakashi what he was able to achieve, hoping he will extend it. Additionally, knowing sth and using it because it fits your battlestyle are two entirely different things.

The affinity thing. Again. For christ's sake, it's an affinity, not an exclusive contract. Think of it HxH-style as the corners of a pentagram. The element you have an affinity for is the easiest to learn, the two next are somewhat harder, the last two for most people near impossible. The 3rd was known as "The professor" for knowing all of konoha's jutsus (of his time). That will obviously exclude bloodline things, but near certainly has to include jutsus of all 5 elemental types. He was even praised by ANBU during his last battle for being able to perform equally very high level jutsus from different elements.
Concluding, I'd say Kakashi is able to create all 5 basic chakra element types, but can, depending on the element, only perform only jutsus of a limited rank. (Like about every konoha ninja can perform some sort of basic katon).

Rasengan... please, read the manga. PLEASE. Naruto will not spit winds of hell from his palms. No. There won't be any tornado hoses in his palm either. Wind sharpens. That's it. Temari throws chakra scythes (simple form manipulation) and switches them to wind to have them sharper. Same thing with Asumas knuckle-knives. Right now Rasengan is the climax of form manipulation. There is no nature manipulation, yet it already has a destructive force very similar to (or even exceeding) nature jutsus. But all the damage effect comes from the amount, the speed and the spin of the blunt chakra mass. Transforming that chakra into sharpened wind chakra will simply exponentially raise the damage done by rasengan.
Naruto has a ball of fast and wild spinning stones and is about to transform it into a sphere of rotating razorblades. Figuratively speaking.

A destructive cutting-tornado is a nice mid-range wind technique in theory, but it will not develop out of rasengan. It requires a completely different chakra form as a basis.

Assertn
Mon, 09-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Man, i hate it. Kakashi was established as a prodigy and THE genius technician of Konoha long ago. The 4th was his teacher. For him to know Rasengan is not surprising at all. We also know that what limits him is his little amount of chakra. So why should he use sth like Rasengan, which takes quite some chakra, if his own fully powered chidori does more damage? Also the chidori is like his fingerprint jutsu for which he is widely known - he doesn't reveal anything by using it. The 4th taught his teacher (Jiraiya) rasengan, why shouldn't he have taught it his student? Esp if he wasn't able to complete it - the student surpasses the teacher, it is only natural to teach Kakashi what he was able to achieve, hoping he will extend it. Additionally, knowing sth and using it because it fits your battlestyle are two entirely different things.

1) Considering that Naruto can create rasengans all night long while Sasuke and Kakashi are reduced to only 2-6 chidoris/raikiris in a day suggests that rasengan uses substantially less chakra than chidori. The mere observation that sasuke's skin rips from the high concentration of chakra suggests to me that chidori is a move that relies on pure overwhelming power, while rasengan's all about efficiency and finese. I fail to see any real advantage chidori has over rasengan except that its easier for a sharingan/lightning-user to learn.

2) Chidori deals more damage? If both jutsus are capable of completely killing a man, then where does this analysis come from? If anything, I'd say the rooftop battle between naruto and sasuke suggests OTHERWISE.

But yeah, I'd say rasengan didn't compliment neither the 4th's nor kakashi's style.

bxgreatone87
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:10 PM
1) Considering that Naruto can create rasengans all night long while Sasuke and Kakashi are reduced to only 2-6 chidoris/raikiris in a day suggests that rasengan uses substantially less chakra than chidori. The mere observation that sasuke's skin rips from the high concentration of chakra suggests to me that chidori is a move that relies on pure overwhelming power, while rasengan's all about efficiency and finese. I fail to see any real advantage chidori has over rasengan except that its easier for a sharingan/lightning-user to learn.

2) Chidori deals more damage? If both jutsus are capable of completely killing a man, then where does this analysis come from? If anything, I'd say the rooftop battle between naruto and sasuke suggests OTHERWISE.

But yeah, I'd say rasengan didn't compliment neither the 4th's nor kakashi's style.

Well you also have to put into account that naruto has way more chakra then sasuke or kakashi. When jiraya teaches naruto how to use rasengan he tells him "you must use your chakra at full force and maintain form" so wouldnt that mean he has to realease as much chakra as possible like chidori?

Chidori aint more powerful then rasengan they are equal. if it was more powerful then instead of sasuke and naruto pushing each other back with it, sasuke would have gone right thru rasengan and hit naruto with chidori.

Again people keep talking about the elements and how kakashi pretty much uses all of them. They never said ninja are only able to do 1 or 2 elements. they said they can atleast do 2 that doesnt mean they cant do all of them. I think people are getting confused with how ninja have a natural element. All that means is they are natural at 1 element and are better at that 1 then any other element.

think of it this way you are born into the mist village which is a village of water users. maybe your family special is water except you are born with fire as your natural element. Most likely you are gonna be tought water moves until you later find out you have a natural fire afinity. like sasuke useing fire and naruto never even using a element.

Assertn
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Well you also have to put into account that naruto has way more chakra then sasuke or kakashi. When jiraya teaches naruto how to use rasengan he tells him "you must use your chakra at full force and maintain form" so wouldnt that mean he has to realease as much chakra as possible like chidori?

Depends on the context, but I wouldnt be surprised if the training process involves alot more chakra than the end result. The final result of the training is one of the most efficient assassination jutsus ever created. But efficiency is the goal with the rasengan, until then you're just wasting massive chakra. Seriously though, how many rasengans in a day was naruto pumping out when he was training? At least a hundred. Back in those days, he had much less access to the kyubi's chakra, so I would highly doubt the two jutsus are a 1:1 ratio in terms of chakra usage.

Chidori aint more powerful then rasengan they are equal. if it was more powerful then instead of sasuke and naruto pushing each other back with it, sasuke would have gone right thru rasengan and hit naruto with chidori.

The only demonstration of power we have to compare between is the rooftop scene where they both hit a water tower and sasuke's peirced the tower while naruto's blasted the whole backside off. With that later rematch, the rasengan didn't penetrate sasuke because sasuke hit naruto first...right in the chest. This pretty much stopped naruto instantly, including his rasengan.

darkmetal505
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:29 PM

Again people keep talking about the elements and how kakashi pretty much uses all of them. They never said ninja are only able to do 1 or 2 elements. they said they can atleast do 2 that doesnt mean they cant do all of them. I think people are getting confused with how ninja have a natural element. All that means is they are natural at 1 element and are better at that 1 then any other element.

think of it this way you are born into the mist village which is a village of water users. maybe your family special is water except you are born with fire as your natural element. Most likely you are gonna be tought water moves until you later find out you have a natural fire afinity. like sasuke useing fire and naruto never even using a element.

I agree with you except for one thing. The chidori/rasengan clash did not produce a winner simply because they needed both characters alive to continue the series. Thus, we have no idea which one is more powerful aside from the evidence that rasengan blew a bigger hole in the water tower (which I think was again a device to increase sasuke's anger).

dragon608608
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:36 PM
AssertnFailure, you are only half correct. First, it is true that rasengen is more efficiency and finese because according of our Ero Sanin said "The charka continuely spin at the high speed thus the power is not decrease..." but he also said when Naruto fail at the third step, "You need to control 100% of your power and retain it... you can't lack it of" I didn't hear anything from Kakashi say that Chidori need to tap in 100% of your power.

Second, I don't really know the real number of how many complete Rasengan Naruto can perform because in manga, i don't remember that he ever use more than 3 times in one battle (When he fought with runaway Sasuke, Naruto used Rasengan 3 times, and that is it.) However, i wouldn't be surprise if Naruto can use Rasengan more than double or triple of that number or even more than that since according to Kakashi when he first begun teach Naruto of manipulate nature charka, he told Naruto that Naruto has at least double of his charka and maybe 100 times more if he has the help of Kuuybi. I fail to see with that strenght but Naruto can only use 3 to 6 Rasengan. Let's make the comparison a little easier; if Naruto can use Chidori, Kakashi can use Chidori 4 times a day, Naruto has 100 times more charka than Kakashi, isn't that mean that Naruto can use the Chidori 400 times a days. With 400 times, yeah, Naruto can do it all night with Chidori too (assuming that he can also use the Rasengan all night long -- more than 400 times). You compare one person with nearly unlimit amount of charka and one with very limit amount of charka by the amount of times that they can perform the jutsu and said that because one move use more charka than the other is unfair or no contest at all. if you want to compare, compare with only one person and the number of time on each move that person can perform.

Chidori deal more damage? I don't know but i wouldn't be surprise because according to the last few chapter, if one ninja can combine both Nature and form manipulating, his attack power increase dramatically. According to Kakashi, Chidori have both of that, "first change the charka into lighting, then using form manipulating of control the power and range." Rasengan only has form manipulating, so if Rasengan is a little weaker than Chidori isn't a weird thing.

is current Rasengan able to kill a man? I don't know i guess it can if Naruto really try too but up until now, nobody really die by Rasengan while with Chidori there was (remember Haku, Chidori completely went to his entire body, thus killing him instantly.) Remember when Naruto fought with Kabuto when they tried to locate Tsunade, Naruto hit Kabuto with the full force of Rasenga but Kabuto still didn't die. why? because of Kabuto healing power? I think that is only half of the answer. the other half would be because it didn't cut Kabuto instead it just damage him from the outside. For example, if you put a small amount of gunpower on the rock and light it. The damage is minimum, maybe a little piece of rock will fall off. However if you put that same amount to the inside of the rock and light it, the rock will break to pieces. That is what I think Kakashi and Naruto is doing right now, add the killing force of Rasengan by adding the cutting power to rasengan and make it become a real deathly move.

Assertn
Mon, 09-04-2006, 05:20 PM
"You need to control 100% of your power and retain it... you can't lack it of" I didn't hear anything from Kakashi say that Chidori need to tap in
100% of your power. Don't confuse control with expel

There have been like, 3 different occasions where the limitations of the chidori was explicitly stated, yet not a single reference to a single limitation of the rasengan has been mentioned with the exception of kakashi saying its hard to fuse elemental jutsu to it. With the exception of the training, I haven't seen naruto phased one bit from any rasengan he's created.

Chidori deal more damage? I don't know but i wouldn't be surprise because according to the last few chapter, if one ninja can combine both Nature and form manipulating, his attack power increase dramatically. According to Kakashi, Chidori have both of that, "first change the charka into lighting, then using form manipulating of control the power and range."
yes, the power of electricity increases dramatically when form is applied. It increases it to the point where it can inflict almost as much damage as a rasengan =P

is current Rasengan able to kill a man? Yep. If kabuto didn't have that self-regeneration, he wouldve died. Simple as that.
Also, the fake itachi was killed by a rasengan.

Assassin
Mon, 09-04-2006, 06:18 PM
dragon608608:
the other half would be because it didn't cut Kabuto instead it just damage him from the outside

Rasengan doesn't need to cut you to kill you, thats the whole point behind it. It fucks you up from the inside (a la the water tank). And as assertn said, kabuto survived only cuz he could heal himself instantly.

bxgreatone87
Mon, 09-04-2006, 07:01 PM
is current Rasengan able to kill a man? I don't know i guess it can if Naruto really try too but up until now, nobody really die by Rasengan while with Chidori there was (remember Haku, Chidori completely went to his entire body, thus killing him instantly.) Remember when Naruto fought with Kabuto when they tried to locate Tsunade, Naruto hit Kabuto with the full force of Rasenga but Kabuto still didn't die. why? because of Kabuto healing power? I think that is only half of the answer. the other half would be because it didn't cut Kabuto instead it just damage him from the outside. For example, if you put a small amount of gunpower on the rock and light it. The damage is minimum, maybe a little piece of rock will fall off. However if you put that same amount to the inside of the rock and light it, the rock will break to pieces. That is what I think Kakashi and Naruto is doing right now, add the killing force of Rasengan by adding the cutting power to rasengan and make it become a real deathly move.

yes it is able to kill, kabuto would have died if it wasnt for his healing. from what we've seen from rasengan it deals more damage to the inside of an opponent. when kabuto was hit his organs sustained major damage even with his healing ability he was sevearly injured there. yes while chidori is both form and natur manipulation rasengan is the highest form of form manipulation thats why its so distructive. If kakashi was able to put his lightining into rasengan it would have been way more damageing the chidori.

dragon608608
Mon, 09-04-2006, 07:32 PM
yes it is able to kill, kabuto would have died if it wasnt for his healing. from what we've seen from rasengan it deals more damage to the inside of an opponent. when kabuto was hit his organs sustained major damage even with his healing ability he was sevearly injured there. yes while chidori is both form and natur manipulation rasengan is the highest form of form manipulation thats why its so distructive. If kakashi was able to put his lightining into rasengan it would have been way more damageing the chidori.

That is exactly what my point is. Kabuto didn't die instantly like Haku did.

Oh yeah, did the fake Itachi die? yes he did, he got eat up. but did he die from the impact, don't know, even if he is i wouldn't been surprise. Naruto pump so much charka to that odama Rasengan (he goes to Kuuybi mode). Naruto alone has twice as much charka as Kakashi, then Kuuybi mode (lvl 1) my guess at that mode his charka would has been at least 10 times as much as Kakashi to kill that guy. you can guess how much charka in that rasengan compare with the charka use of Kakashi normal chidori. I bet that Rasengan even has as much charka as the power up lvl 2 curse seal chidori that Sasuke perform. However, if he need to use that much charka to kill one person, yeah, one hell of effeciency Rasengan when you have to fought with a person like the real Itachi and above. That is why they are doing the training to be make Rasengan has more destructive force, so they don't need that much charka for Rasengan to kill.

kAi
Mon, 09-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Well, how I see it is, is it easier to pierce through metal or human skin?
It's all about who's using the jutsu that makes it. I think there is many levels of control, like when you see Jiraiya use it on someone, he wanted it to have that effect, but if he wanted to he could've done it like Naruto did the water tower.

Edort4
Mon, 09-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Oh common I cant believe you are discussing such an obvious thing. Rasengan needs the user to release the maximum amout of chakra he can and the retain it. Only this gives the rasengan and advantage towards chidori. You use only that amount of chakra. Chidori is a continous release and concentration of chakra.

We saw naruto doing like 100 rasengans in his training against the trees. Jiraya was doing 2 rasengans at the same time without any effort (this shows how great he is even kakashi felt a bit rushed in the picture of his rasengan, helping with his other hand).

The step 2 rasengan was cutting trees and stone and Jiraya made a whole in one tree. The rasengan doesnt lose his shape and the spining is at the users control so you could keep the rasengan going unstop piercing trough all the tree.

Of course if you hit a human it will fly away before you pierce trough him and Kishimoto wont show naruto making holes to their enemies. Hits produces a huge impact damage and launches the guy flying. Talking about Kabuto is ridiculous, Kishimoto wanted him alive so the rasengan didnt do all the damage it is supposed. We saw what it does to trees, stone and water tanks so killing a human should be easy, another thing is what the plot calls for.

Elessar
Tue, 09-05-2006, 09:51 AM
1) Considering that Naruto can create rasengans all night long while Sasuke and Kakashi are reduced to only 2-6 chidoris/raikiris in a day suggests that rasengan uses substantially less chakra than chidori. The mere observation that sasuke's skin rips from the high concentration of chakra suggests to me that chidori is a move that relies on pure overwhelming power, while rasengan's all about efficiency and finese. I fail to see any real advantage chidori has over rasengan except that its easier for a sharingan/lightning-user to learn.Kakashi is low on chakra and can perform 4 fully charged Chidoris while using his sharingan, which depletes him in about a day of normal usage. The high-speed-stab can be done with Rasengan/Sharingan the same way. So if everything is the same but Rasengan takes fewer chakra, than this is the first instance of the chakra-reserving Kakashi looking dumb.
There are other plot reasons of course, that range from signature-move to feeling more comfortable to looking cool.

Btw, I don't see where Chidori is easier to learn. Nature manipulation was said to be way more difficult than form manipulation and Rasengan is simply form manipulation (adminttedly, the most difficult). And after that, Rasengan is complete, yet Chidori still has to be combined, sth that was said to be very difficult too. Sakura with her superior chakra control and her progress during the Tsunade training probably could master Rasengan faster and better than Naruto did.

2) Chidori deals more damage? If both jutsus are capable of completely killing a man, then where does this analysis come from? If anything, I'd say the rooftop battle between naruto and sasuke suggests OTHERWISE.Well, water is a very favourable element to the chakra-whirl of the rasengan. Also, Naruto released the jutsu (Jiraiya simply made holes into the trees). Sasuke pulled his still activated chidori out of the water barrel.
Rasengan is a very powerful, blunt, freaking huge hammer right now. Kabuto could escape death by cell regeneration. That is sth that is simply not possible if there is an arm right through your heart.
So the damage difference I see is partly inherent in the jutsu and partly due to a experience gap of the user.

Naruto/Rasengan: 8 damage points
Kakashi/Chidori: 10 damage points
Naruto/Wind-Rasengan: 13->18 damage points (initial -> experienced)

IMHO.YMMV.

But yeah, I'd say rasengan didn't compliment neither the 4th's nor kakashi's style.And do not forget the plot device. Rasengan is Naruto's move.
And the 4th and Kakashi not being able to complete it, but Naruto doing so, is pushing the main charakter, the Hokage-thing and Naruto surpassing Kakashi during the training.
Without introduction of Kakashi doing basic Rasengan, Naruto would have achieved a combination jutsu of form and nature manipulation, just as Kakashis chidori. Now, he is able to learn a f/n-combination jutsu that Kakashi wasn't able to learn. Bingo!

Assertn
Tue, 09-05-2006, 11:03 AM
It's frustrating when an argument becomes cyclical, and the only facts I'm riding on are direct comparisons made by the manga writer himself. It's frustrating in the sense that its so obvious it should be one of those things that go without saying. The rooftop scene was meant to reveal the difference between Naruto and Sasuke's latent abilities, without having to result in someone physically dying. It was meant to put Sasuke in a sense of desperation for falling behind Naruto. You're basing all your facts on very situational conditions, while ignoring common anime conventions of revealing strength through association.

If you're going to say that chidori is actually stronger than rasengan, then you might as well disregard the motive behind the whole climax into the sasuke chase arc.

Also, a situation where one thing may have worked better than another hardly merits for it to be universally superior. In most cases, an internal explosion would be much deadlier than a piercing jab. Also note, kabuto started the regeneration process before naruto even landed the blow. Had he not done so, the rasengan could've penetrated through his body just the same. You're assuming kabuto can't regenerate a hole in his chest, but has there been any reason to assume this? Naruto healed a hole in his chest, and both have similiar regenerative capabilities. However, with the rasengan, the massive internal damage is what depleted kabuto's regenerative chakra.

darkmetal505
Tue, 09-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Look guys, this is a pretty trivial matter. As much as I'm up for healthy debate, it sucks when the same thing has been repeated a billion times, and the opposing side doesn't even take it into account (like the Neji vs. Sasuke).

Now, I wonder how powerful Naruto's "wind" rasengan will be. If rasengan was only a half completed technique, and Naruto can do Odama rasengan, think of how much raw power a rasengan fused with an element will deal. Not just any element though, wind element, the strongest in terms of brute strength. It's almost overboard if you think about it.

12345p
Tue, 09-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Just as long as Naruto doesn't combine the rasengan with the taju kagemane bunshin jutsu: kind of a massive Super Naruto Kamakaze attack al-la Gotenks, I'll be happy.

I know, I cannot spell, but I'm sure you get the picture.

Cheshire_Moose
Wed, 09-06-2006, 08:35 PM
When Naruto does master his training, Kishi is going to give Sasuke equal or greater abilities I think. He always does gain better abilities than Naruto. Maybe his sharingan will let him use form and nature manipulation. It's really not out of debate since it can somehow do so much already.

RasenDori
Wed, 09-06-2006, 08:56 PM
um... sasuke already has that move that orochimaru stopped him from using, perhaps its his variation of naruto and form manipulation

bxgreatone87
Wed, 09-06-2006, 09:01 PM
When Naruto does master his training, Kishi is going to give Sasuke equal or greater abilities I think. He always does gain better abilities than Naruto. Maybe his sharingan will let him use form and nature manipulation. It's really not out of debate since it can somehow do so much already.

The whole point of this is so naruto can catch up to sasuke since sasuke has gained more ability and grown in power way more then naruto. Like before he left he was more powerful then naruto but lilttle by little Naruto was catching up eventually surpassing sasuke (until he got the cursed seal released to stage two and sharigan lvl 3 of course).

What kishi is doing now is setting up there next incounter so that they will be equal again. I doubt sasuke is gonna have the big advantage and a large growth like there last meeting.
Seeing Naruto grow in power in a shorttime again might anger sasuke again pushing him into allowing oro to take his body without even caring imo.

tehlegend
Thu, 09-07-2006, 01:38 AM
... god sasuke just gets more and more emo the more we see him... :P

we know naruto has mastered form manipulation, probably not to the extent jiraya has, but possibly equal to kakashi...

but we also know that sasuke has too, based on his new variation of the chidori attack, the chidori current. precise control of his chakra like this gives us enough reason to conclude that his level of control is competent enough to compete on narutos level, probably exceeds it...

we know sasuke has some unknown godly attack that orochimaru forced him to hold back, and we know naruto is working on fusing the most advanced technique for form manipulation, with the most powerful nature element in terms of brute force,

although i wish the guy would use his brain and find a way to counter sasukes insane speed... maybe he'll get to that later...

we also know that sasuke is capable of nature manipulation. multiple elements as a matter of fact. he uses katon for fire (useless i know but it probably paves the way for something even better down the line) and chidori for electric. so

oh right... technique powers...

rasengan makes things whirl, chidori goes straight through things... we can safely assume that the strengths of these techniques will always vary with the user, as well as how much power that user is putting into the attack. now thats out of the way, les get into the technicalities,

rasengans basically pure form manipulation. its whirling nature may seem to some of you to be only useful in providing the driving force into the attack, but turn back a few pages and look what the chakra does to the rubber balls and balloons during his training with jiraya. now imagine what that would do if you replaced the ball with kabutos liver.

... nuff said :D

the chakra forces matter to move in all sorts of directions, tearing away and shredding until theres nothing left... everything in the swirling vortex of chakra that is rasengan is obliterated. somehow kabuto was able to have his cells regenerate at such a high rate that the tissues in his body could reconnect the tissues before being completely torn away, but obviously, with all that destruction going on, he ran out of chakra pretty fast trying to maintain that insane reneration rate.

chidori focuses the users chakra together into a single point on the hand, and drives that into the opponent, the lightning nature also slows and paralyzes the enemy, even if the hit is only minor for some reason, (as deducted from yamatos encounter with sasuke) instead of rasengan moving many points in rotation and breaking apart materials in every direction, (can get messy in weak opponents that have an abundance of blood :D) chidori is basically like the spear that goes through the target. clean puncture and temporary numbness and paralyzation for those who escape critical hits... since the body's nerves run on electrical impulses, running electrical current is going to f*&% some things up pretty bad...

Assertn
Thu, 09-07-2006, 01:48 AM
... god sasuke just gets more and more emo the more we see him...
Do you even know what emo means? I don't believe sasuke was the one screaming infidelities in the last arc.

tehlegend
Thu, 09-07-2006, 10:10 AM
actually i was aiming more for the screamy emo type...

"i hate my brother! he killed my mom! he killed my dad! omg the PAIN!@! no one understands the PAIN!! URRGH!!! i wanna slice something!!"

i wont be surprised if kishimoto gives sasuke wrist scars in his next appearance...:D