PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 196

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-09-2006, 11:31 PM
The stunning conclusion to the 2-episode arc!

Discuss.

BioAlien
Wed, 08-09-2006, 11:34 PM
lol, i was going to make the discusion tread for this episode, but you beat me by 3 min.

currently downloading.... (wow, i have 0 seed out of 5.... how am i going to get this completed oO)

edit: well, this episode wasn't half bad. Lee and Gai both oppened 5 gates which was awesome to see again (even though they should have been hurt badly from just opening them...)
and lol at what naruto said at the end
"Compared to that, my mentor is..."

Canadian
Thu, 08-10-2006, 01:38 AM
Definitely a good filler arc of two episodes. I liked comparing what Lee and Gai look like, unlocking the gates.

But damn, I wish the Naruto team would work a little harder on their drawings... I mean, when they do Naruto's shadow clones, it's like... half ass... always.

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-10-2006, 01:57 AM
I liked the double renge scene because the music is awesome. It reminded me of awesome scenes of yore. Otherwise, decent episode. Only decent.

As people have said before, it's annoying how Naruto goes "Tajuu Kage Bunshin" when there's like what 6 clones? IT'S WRONG!!!!!!

Also, why are there ALWAYS 3 badguys?! There must be 3. No more no less (if you don't count baka bros, but if you team them up with Mizuki you had 3 anyway). Oh and Raiga and Ranmaru. Those were 2. But I guess you could theoretically pair them up with Karashi... anyway...

I mean this time it was even more pointless than usual. The only brother who had any significance on screen was the Yagura impersonator. He was also the only one who looked anything like his father. SO WHY WERE THERE 3 OF THEM WHEN THE OTHER 2 DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING?!

You want an answer? Here's an answer for you: BECAUSE THERE MUST BE 3!!111

bagandscalpel
Thu, 08-10-2006, 02:52 AM
You want an answer? Here's an answer for you: BECAUSE THERE MUST BE 3!!111

Though others may try and impersonate the Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura Holy Trinity of Shinobidom, their corpses now lay strewn about this bloody road of death paved by fillers.

Onineku
Thu, 08-10-2006, 03:34 AM
and you're not counting the enemy in the dojo filler ep. !

Kraco
Thu, 08-10-2006, 04:29 AM
It was a decent filler arc. Although like Terra said, there were extra people just placed there. And not just the two extra enemy brothers. What did Naruto, Tenten and Neji actually do there? They fought the wooden dudes out there the whole time, not really achieving anything? Even if they hadn't been there at all, Lee could have still entered the place.

Rasengans have almost disappeared from the fillers lately, though. In a sense it's good, because it was suffering from major inflation. But on the other hand, a single rasengan would probably have wrecked the whole component castle in this episode. Well, I suppose Naruto & company were there just because Naruto must be in every episode, so it can't be helped.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-10-2006, 04:53 AM
An all around pretty good arc. Seeing the gates again was quite awsome. I really liked the badguys last technique too. It was smart, and cool. Something I haven't seen since...well, pirhanas in a bubble was pretty fucking awsome still.

Also, why are there ALWAYS 3 badguys?! There must be 3. No more no less (if you don't count baka bros, but if you team them up with Mizuki you had 3 anyway). Oh and Raiga and Ranmaru. Those were 2. But I guess you could theoretically pair them up with Karashi... anyway...

I mean this time it was even more pointless than usual. The only brother who had any significance on screen was the Yagura impersonator. He was also the only one who looked anything like his father. SO WHY WERE THERE 3 OF THEM WHEN THE OTHER 2 DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING?!
The answer to your question is http://www.askaninja.com/node/1244

Knives122
Thu, 08-10-2006, 10:12 AM
My entire outlook on the number 3 has changed b/c of that video DE. Thank you.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 08-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Indeed. Halarious website man! Thanks.

bxgreatone87
Thu, 08-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Anyone else notice the shringan/cursed mark on the fathers forehead. First the yagura guy is like sasuke in copying techniques then this, it's a sad attempt at showing something similar to sasuke they wanna bring him back in anyway neccesary.

Canadian
Thu, 08-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Looking at the positive sides of what people dislike about the ending to this decent arc:
- The two "extra" brothers were busy holding the fortress together (hey, if they didn't, it would've been easy to escape/get in).
- Although this is very iffy, the one brother who did most of the work seemed to have the biggest grudge, and the other two were just taking orders.

But damn, they could've done something like... just as Lee and Gai defeated the puppets, Naruto, Neji, and Tenten could've just broken into the fortress... to show they were doing something at the very least.

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Good episode.

Looking at the positive sides of what people dislike about the ending to this decent arc:
- The two "extra" brothers were busy holding the fortress together (hey, if they didn't, it would've been easy to escape/get in).
- Although this is very iffy, the one brother who did most of the work seemed to have the biggest grudge, and the other two were just taking orders.

But damn, they could've done something like... just as Lee and Gai defeated the puppets, Naruto, Neji, and Temari could've just broken into the fortress... to show they were doing something at the very least.

Temari? Dude... you need glasses.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-10-2006, 09:47 PM
It's true that this arc could have used another episode. While the main guy was fighting Gai and Lee, the other two should have been fighting the other 3 outside.

moondoggie
Thu, 08-10-2006, 10:08 PM
the episode wasnt what i expected i thought lee would have a rematch with yagura that would of been better

Canadian
Fri, 08-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Good episode.

Temari? Dude... you need glasses.

Sry, I didn't bother to look for the name... Really, I forgot her name, lol.

Animeniax
Fri, 08-11-2006, 04:52 AM
Pretty good episode. Animation was so-so, but the poser-Yagura's final technique pitting Gai and Lee against each really added a lot of watchability. It was great seeing Gai and Lee as it dawned on them and they recognized who they were fighting, though they could have come up with better keys to recognition.

Next episode looks to be promising, but the animation still looks pretty crappy. Here's hoping this leads us back soon...

DarthEnderX
Fri, 08-11-2006, 11:00 AM
the episode wasnt what i expected i thought lee would have a rematch with yagura that would of been betterYour nuts man. The way they did it was alot more interesting and unique.

Genma
Fri, 08-11-2006, 10:50 PM
The "Dynamic Entry" made this episode worthwhile. I also liked the fight between Gai and Lee because the animation wasn't terrible, but the storyline and the rest of it was. Seriously... why does Naruto have to be in EVERY episode? His presence was incredibly pointless and he was being stupid as usual.

Nai
Sat, 08-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Wow, this was a great filler arc. The main villain was pretty damn hot and I found him looking a lot like the lovely Kimimaro. The proxy fight between Gai and Lee was awesome as hell with that track kicking in. First time in a long while I've actually felt excited while watching Naruto.

More stuff like this!

Seriously... why does Naruto have to be in EVERY episode? His presence was incredibly pointless and he was being stupid as usual.
Because the show is entitled "Naruto" would be my guess. But yeah, I concur. Naruto's presence was unnecessary and just as annoying as usual.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 08-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Because the show is entitled "Naruto" would be my guess. But yeah, I concur. Naruto's presence was unnecessary and just as annoying as usual.It's enough to make you pine for the days in DBZ where you could go half a season without seeing Goku.

JaySee
Sat, 08-12-2006, 07:54 PM
That's because he was dead half the time.

Edort4
Sun, 08-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Naruto dead half the time.... Genius!! Lets mail the script writers with this new shocking idea :D

halfdead
Tue, 08-22-2006, 12:51 AM
/bump

can anyone make a link to the torrent for this episode

Munsu
Tue, 08-22-2006, 01:28 AM
I'm feeling generous, so you're lucky.
http://forums.gotwoot.com/showthread.php?t=13057

Next time do a bit of searching, or I'll ban you simply for being lazy.

mage
Tue, 08-22-2006, 03:14 PM
/bump

can anyone make a link to the torrent for this episode
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/

this is a good website.

halfdead
Wed, 08-23-2006, 01:55 AM
thx for the help guys, i just made this account and am new here

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 08-28-2006, 03:13 AM
Could you tell me if Gai vs Lee is worth downloading?

I just randomly read they open 5 gates and now Im curious. Since I stopped watching naruto due to obvious reasons it would be good if you could tell me around which episode they fight.

Thanks.

Threads merged.
This really should never have had it's own thread, you should know better mane...

-masa

dragonrage
Mon, 08-28-2006, 04:10 AM
It was nothing really amazing, but it is worth taking a look at. I am not saying that you can't live without seeing it. but if you have the time, bandwidth, space and bored it is worth taking a look at. Also the episode before is what sets up the fight. If you are going to watch this one, the previous episode will keep things in perspective for you.

I can tell you this for sure, they have definately done worst. :)

Kraco
Mon, 08-28-2006, 04:10 AM
If you mean the latest one (I can't remember if they have fought many times during the fillers...), it was in the episode #196. Although it's the second episode of a 2 episodes arc that started with #195..

Hard to say if it's worth downloading just to see that fight. First of all, the fight is very tightly coupled to the plot of the arc, and much of it wouldn't make much sense without seeing the whole thing. Well, you gotta decide that for yourself, of course.

Terracosmo
Mon, 08-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Well, it's free, so if you have a moment to spare - why not? Just don't expect wonders. But it's decent at the very least.

bxgreatone87
Mon, 08-28-2006, 01:01 PM
i for one say it isnt worth it due to the fact the completely ignored what happens when opening the 5 gates. It just shows how they disregard the manga of naruto.

dragonrage
Tue, 08-29-2006, 04:07 AM
this is a filler. NOT THE MANGA. So your point is.... On second thought just keep it to yourself.

Thank you.

have a nice day. :)

Canadian
Tue, 08-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Definitely worth downloading (unless if you lack the ability to be even slightly optimistic).

Strider
Fri, 09-01-2006, 06:25 AM
i for one say it isnt worth it due to the fact the completely ignored what happens when opening the 5 gates. It just shows how they disregard the manga of naruto.

Only because I dislike you being from where I am from ..

[SPOILER REMOVED]

Eight Gates will kill you. And, the whole point of worry about the Gates was Rock Lee knowing how to unlock them. Kakashi did not seem to shed any concern with Gai knowing them. Someone so young would not be expected to or have the capability of handling that. However, through training obstacles become nothing in terms of overcoming with the Springtime of Youth.

Point is: As long as you have a burning desire and a work hard, nothing is impossible .. especially for Rock Lee and Gai.

I liked the episode, solely for the scenes between Rock Lee and Gai. And, while I am biased I think anything that is freely distributed is worth the download if it even piques your interest or curiosity slightly -- which I would imagine did occur or you would not have asked.

I'm dissappointed in you. I would've expected such a blatant spoiler from a noob.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-02-2006, 12:13 AM
It also says that each gate you open causes progressively more damage to your body. Opening the first gate caused him to lose his speed after it wore off. And opening the 5th gate last time caused him to tear his muscles and completely exhausted him. He couldn't even stand afterwards. Thats all before Gaara crushed his arm and leg. He tries to crawl away from the sand but he can't because the Gates have pushed his body beyond it's limits.

While I can believe that maybe Gai is strong enough to do it while ignoring the fallout, having Lee uneffected was, plain and simple, another filler plothole.