PDA

View Full Version : Uhh.. Am I allowed to ask for..

Ace2001
Sat, 08-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Hello all! I was wondering, am I aloud to ask for Seeders? ^_^; I apologize if this is in the wrong place (I tried looking at all your other main forums, and I saw nothing about seeds being aloud in them..) and I usualy wouldn't ask, even if there was just one seeder one I'd be happy (hell, I downloaded the whole Flames of Recca anime with just about only one seeder on..which reminds me, that anime was great, but whoever did the subtittling job needs to be shot. Really, horrible grammar and spelling mistakes where abundant in that anime. o_o) However, after downloading naruto episodes 1-75, I clicked on the Ova1&2 link and the Episodes 76-100..and it tells me that there are 0 seeders and 0 leeches. So... I figured I'd ask(if it's okay) if somebody could seed it, before trying to find some other place that has it (I love your guy's work with the earlier naruto episodes, and it'd be really weird to just.. switch like that.... and you're the only guy's I've seen that have episodes below 120. lol.. I swear, everywhere else I check they're all in the mid 100's, its like nobody cares about the first hundred or so)

Uh, sorry for making such a long post, and again I apologize if this is the wrong area. ^_^;

Deadfire
Sat, 08-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Although it's not listed in the rules about asking for seeds, in the fan-sub culture it is considered rude for the most part. Even asking as nicely as you have still is part of this “unwritten rule”. This explains why you don't see anyone else doing it. When it is allowed by forums it is just asking to be spammed by requests and generally will not function well as a forum. Gotwoot is a distro yes but one the prides it's self by the way it does things

This is why also IRC is good you can directly download things from it that have no seeders however is more involved and takes more then a couple clicks of the mouse

mage
Sun, 08-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Nobody is allowed to ask any questions on this forum.

Munsu
Sun, 08-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Although it's not listed in the rules about asking for seeds, in the fan-sub culture it is considered rude for the most part. Even asking as nicely as you have still is part of this “unwritten rule”. This explains why you don't see anyone else doing it. When it is allowed by forums it is just asking to be spammed by requests and generally will not function well as a forum. Gotwoot is a distro yes but one the prides it's self by the way it does things

This is why also IRC is good you can directly download things from it that have no seeders however is more involved and takes more then a couple clicks of the mouse
Actually, you can ask for help with seeding... the only problem is when people ask for help even though the torrent is already seeded, since they are only whinning about speed.

But all the torrents in question are well seeded, so he probably has a problem with his client, it might be banned. So I recommend you find yourself another client like uTorrent.

I suggest you read this for more information: http://wiki.depthstrike.com/index.php/Tracker_Information

Ace2001
Sun, 08-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Would it be faster to get them by IRC, or by bit torrent? BTW, what problem does bitlord posses? I mean, it says spyware and stuff, but, does that go JUST for the person who has it, or the people he/she connects with? because if it just goes for the person who has it.. isn't it stupid to ban it? Sure, give them a little pop-up or warning, but it's the users choice if they want to continue using it. (I apologize, though. I did look to see if somebody had made a thread about seeders for the naruto anime, but I failed to notice the thread about bitlord being banned. I use bit lord (and have yet to experience any problem with there not being enough seeders.. untill now... and it's extremly weird that I could download the first 75 episodes of naruto with bitlord, yet the other episodes are banned?... yeah, I'm kind've dumb when it comes to this p2p thing, even though I've been doing it for years.) and I prefer it over azureus. I've tried azureus once, it slowed down my computer (though, I have sense then gotten a new computer so that shouldn't be a problem.) and confused the crap out of me... bit lord on the other hand was easy to learn, easy to use, and I've never, ever had a problem with it. Also, I'm pretty danged confused about how you can ban p2p clients. o_O Since I thought it was just people connecting with other people, and to be able to ban you'd require a constant server...though, maybe thats what the..uhm..what's it called.. tracker(?) can do.

Also, I apologize for asking for seeders, and if I've said or done anything rude.

Munsu
Sun, 08-27-2006, 10:05 PM
It's simply banned, the people who run the tracker don't like it. Just get another client, as uTorrent.

It would be faster in IRC if you can find a bot with it, but I doubt there's currently a bot with a Naruto archive at this moment, so your best bet is still using the torrent.

Board of Command
Sun, 08-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Just switch to a different client...one that isn't frowned upon.

Ace2001
Mon, 08-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Just switch to a different client...one that isn't frowned upon.

But I asked WHY is it frowned upon? I've never once had any trouble with it, it runs like a dream for me, without any problems.

Deadfire
Mon, 08-28-2006, 12:19 PM
But I asked WHY is it frowned upon? I've never once had any trouble with it, it runs like a dream for me, without any problems.

BitLord - All Versions - Poorly implemented client, built on outdated cores, spyware suspected.

That would be the reason for depthstrike

BitLord is based on version 0.56 of the BitComet core, which is very outdated. Because of this, certain bugs that have been resolved in later versions of BitComet are still prevalent in BitLord. Also, along with advertisements placed on the BitLord interface, BitComet's list of BitTorrent sites is replaced with a search box that leads only to affiliates of BitLord. Also, reports say Zone Alarm 5.0 conflicts with BitLord.

And that would also give you a reason:p

Ace2001
Mon, 08-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Huh.. my zone alarm has no problems with bit lord. o_O (and it's version 6.x.x something) *shrug* Is bitcoment like bitlord? (easy to use interface, easy to set up/use, etc.)

Carnage
Mon, 08-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Yes, its very easy. Just try it out. But I must warn you, some, not many, trackers also ban bitcomet. But I doubt youll come across more than one or two.

Kraco
Mon, 08-28-2006, 04:58 PM
According to their wiki, KAA is still banning Bitcomet (and variations like Bitlord) universally. So that place would be out of the question with Bitcomet. That was also the very reason why I initially switched to utorrent. Never looked back, though.

Board of Command
Mon, 08-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Huh.. my zone alarm has no problems with bit lord. o_O (and it's version 6.x.x something) *shrug* Is bitcoment like bitlord? (easy to use interface, easy to set up/use, etc.)
Take the effort to learn to use a different client (i.e. uTorrent) or don't bother downloading stuff at all.

Ace2001
Mon, 08-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Okay. Thanks for your help, Carnage and Kraco. I'll try using bitcommet (I assume I just uninstall bitlord, install bitcommet, and it'll keep all my downloads and stuff that I have going, right?) for a while, and if I ever come across a problem then I guess I'll have to try a dif client.

Btw, BoC, no offence, but... you sound like you've got a stick shoved up your bum, maybe you should check into having a doctor look at that? (just an fyi, I HATE people with stuckup/knowitall attitudes, and that's all I seem to be getting from you. Maybe I just like the way bitlord is layed out? it's user interface is nice, and I like it's design, so wouldn't it make sense I'd want to look for another one that's like it, but better?)

Munsu
Mon, 08-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Why would you choose a client like BitComet that is probably banned on this site and various others for that matter. Just listen to what all other people are recommending like uTorrent.

BitComet 0.59 and up (Support for this has been dropped as of November 8, 2005. Don't be suprised to see it completely banned)

Board of Command
Mon, 08-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Btw, BoC, no offence, but... you sound like you've got a stick shoved up your bum, maybe you should check into having a doctor look at that? (just an fyi, I HATE people with stuckup/knowitall attitudes, and that's all I seem to be getting from you. Maybe I just like the way bitlord is layed out? it's user interface is nice, and I like it's design, so wouldn't it make sense I'd want to look for another one that's like it, but better?)
No offense but it seems like you don't want to put in the effort to switch to a different client - one that isn't widely banned. I've only made 2 posts on this thread prior to this one; the first one had no "stuckup/knowitall attitude" attached to it, so I assume you're referring to my second post. Let's take a look at that post:

Take the effort to learn to use a different client (i.e. uTorrent) or don't bother downloading stuff at all.
Numerous other people have suggested that you use a different client, yet you keep hesitating to give uTorrent/BitComet/whatever a try. You keep coming back asking if they're easy to use like Bitlord. Believe me, whatever those guys recommended is probably easy enough for you to use. Just switch to a different client and report back if you don't like it. Try that instead of asking people to spoonfeed everything you want to know.

Ace2001
Mon, 08-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Why would you choose a client like BitComet that is probably banned on this site and various others for that matter. Just listen to what all other people are recommending like uTorrent.

I don't get what it means by the support has been dropped. I've checked their website, the latest version is 0.70 and was released in june. I checked their forums, and they seem pretty lively/full of support helping people. Doesn't seem like support has been dropped to me.

Board of Command
Mon, 08-28-2006, 11:06 PM
I believe he is talking about the tracker.

Kraco
Tue, 08-29-2006, 02:17 AM
Programs like BitComet and utorrent work right out of the box (once you have told your firewall to let them through), if there's not anything peculiar going on with your connection, like a requirement for port forwarding. However, it's still worth it to browse through all the settings, even if you didn't understand all of them right away - I certainly didn't when I first time launched BitComet a somewhat long time ago. The same thing with utorrent later. Still, there are some obvious things worth tweaking, and then things explained clearly in the help files that can enhance the program's performance considerably.

It's a program you'll be running for countless hours depending only on how much anime you want to watch, so it only makes sense to try to make it run as smoothly as possible within reasonable limits. It's not like I studied for days how to alter the utorrent settings. More like one hour summed up, perhaps, over time, and it was absolutely worth it.

mage
Tue, 08-29-2006, 03:55 AM
I've always used BitTornado. I like having all my torrents in separate windows.