PDA

View Full Version : Game: Bleach: Blade Battlers

UChessmaster
Sat, 08-26-2006, 07:54 AM
A new PS2 game is announced, this one is going to be the 1st fighter for bleach on PS2, it`s suposed to have a destructible enviroment, only 10 characters confirmed so far, you can watch mini-trailers in the offitial site

Loooks like all the characters can do in-game transformations

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/bleach/blade/index.html

Release date: 10/12/06

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Oh, nice. I'm looking forward to downl- ehm, importing this game. ; D

I like how Ishida seems range-only.

mage
Sat, 08-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Where is Zaraki? He better be in there.

Terra, what type of mod do you have on your ps2 to allow you to play burned games?

UChessmaster
Sat, 08-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Where is Zaraki? He better be in there.

Terra, what type of mod do you have on your ps2 to allow you to play burned games?

I supose zaraki will be there and they`ll be adding characters as time goes by

i... have no idea of my type of ps2 mod ( i payed someone :p )

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-26-2006, 10:23 AM

I don't remember the name of it, Magic something, and it's a chip which I had installed 2 years ago.

darkshadow
Sat, 08-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah obviously zaraki and everyone else from SS will be in there, the have the tendancy of revealing more chars as time goes by

And indeed, this game looks wicked, thx for informing about it =D.

edit: i think this game will also include the "you know who's", just look at how rukia is holding her zanpakutou in the background pic.

UChessmaster
Sun, 08-27-2006, 11:18 AM
I hope they add gin

zibo
Sun, 08-27-2006, 11:41 AM
mage you can buy Swap Set its a swap disk + some stuff you put into ps2 no soldering or opening ps2 needed, it works too I bough it not long ago and it worked for every game so far.

mage
Sun, 08-27-2006, 03:44 PM
got a link to it?

KoKo37
Sun, 08-27-2006, 04:25 PM
got a link to it?
http://www.modchip.ca/store/home.php?cat=269

If you are going to use Swap Magic, you have to have either a Slide card or a Flip top installed. You can purchase everything you need at the link above.

mage
Sun, 08-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Do you have this? You use the flip top or slide card?

KoKo37
Sun, 08-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Do you have this? You use the flip top or slide card?
No, but I have been reading up on it.

You should check out the After Dawn Forums (http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/50), the sticky threads in that section explain a lot about playing import/backup games.

Mod chips would be the better choice in my opinion, but if you don't wan't to solder or get someone to solder for you, I would go with Swap Magic and a Flip top.

LaZie
Sun, 08-27-2006, 07:13 PM
I use swap magic and a slide card

zibo
Sun, 08-27-2006, 07:38 PM
mage I have the slim ps2 so I use those small things you need to put in the holes on ps2. They're better than slide card because for slide card you need to take off the front cover of dvd tray in big ps2, but with those small things all I needed to do is put them in right place and done I can start using it, I dont need to take them out afterwards even if I'm playing non-imported or burned game.

mage
Sun, 08-27-2006, 08:47 PM
mage I have the slim ps2 so I use those small things you need to put in the holes on ps2.
Very descriptive.

zibo
Sun, 08-27-2006, 09:23 PM
They're called Slim Tool, they look something like this: http://www.thegiantstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=348

Although mine are a bit older so they look slightly different and are black in colour.

mage
Sun, 08-27-2006, 09:35 PM
I would assume that those don't work on the large ps2s?

zibo
Sun, 08-27-2006, 10:12 PM
No, they're only for slim ps2, for big one you need either slide card or flip top, or just sloder a mod chip then you dont have to play with those, but with mod chips you must be carefully because you might break your ps2.

kAi
Mon, 08-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Man, this game looks awesome. I can't wait I want to play it.

This game will be 100x better when they show Kenpachi.
Still got 3+ months until it's released, they'll probably show a new character every couple weeks or something.

darkshadow
Wed, 09-13-2006, 01:32 PM
3 new chars
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/bleach/blade/index.html

and gamecube trailer on gt.tv with tons of good footage:
http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_bleach_gcn_jp.wmv

its looking better and better

RyougaZell
Wed, 09-20-2006, 08:29 AM
The "new" character name is Altoro according to ANN.

What's the point of doing a "new" character that looks exactly like a character from the manga, but isn't the same?

Apart from that... the game looks great. Too bad its Wii only.

UChessmaster
Wed, 09-20-2006, 10:07 AM
actually is a ps2 game o.0

RyougaZell
Wed, 09-20-2006, 10:38 AM
actually is a ps2 game o.0

oops?

i was redirected here from the thread on the manga forum... which was supposed to be for the Wii game... didn't read the thread here...

woops the Deadlast in me shined....

darkshadow
Thu, 09-21-2006, 07:14 AM
ppl dont know who the hell you are talking about, dont confuse this guy with grimmjow ppl, he does look a lot like him, but he is a bit different.:
http://pics.livejournal.com/shinigamikender/pic/000gq203
big pic where he really looks like grimmjow:
http://pics.livejournal.com/shinigamikender/pic/000gra53

Oh and kubo supervised the design himself, its not some dumb filler char.

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-21-2006, 12:59 PM
even that picture says "Bleach Wii"
so... NOT the same game...

darkshadow
Thu, 09-21-2006, 05:39 PM
.....it is the same game, the Wii version just has some WiiMote functionality, it looks a bit different cause sega is developing the nintendo versions, kinda like how 2 different devs are doing virtua tennis 3 for ps3 and x360, and how each splinter cell is developed by a different ubisoft studio.
so that new char will prolly be in the ps2 version too ( both games have the same release date too)

FrogKing
Mon, 09-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Looks like they added Kenpachi and Ikkaku to the list of characters...I wish I had a ps2 just for this game :(

bagandscalpel
Tue, 09-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Hmm, new character looks like the veritable love-child created through the union between Grimmjow and Ulquiorra (with a bit of Del Toro sandwiched inbetween :D ).

big_ac
Mon, 10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Just added: Matsumoto Rangiku, Urahara Kisuke, Ururu, and our beloved Kon.
Nice to see Haineko (Matsumoto's Zanpakutou) has got some bite to it.
What the hell are those moves Urahara is using?
Ururu seems like a weird choice to include, but she actually looks pretty cool.
Kon has what it quite possibly the weirdest move-set ever, especially his World Cup themed super special.
I can't wait for this game!!

darkmetal505
Tue, 10-03-2006, 08:06 PM
wow, Kon looks awesome. I'm totally kicking ass with him.

zibo
Wed, 10-04-2006, 02:32 PM
This game is going to be released in US or only in Japan ?

UChessmaster
Wed, 10-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Japan for now, maybe later in the US too

bagandscalpel
Wed, 10-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Japan for now, maybe later in the US too

Probably not until the end of the Soul Society arc on the dub; even then, will it only be the Wii release?

zibo
Wed, 10-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Hopefully PS2 too, when's the Jap release, so I can download Jap version for now before I can enjoy translated one.

UChessmaster
Wed, 10-04-2006, 09:03 PM
yes... it is coming for ps2...

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-05-2006, 08:30 AM
.....it is the same game, the Wii version just has some WiiMote functionality, it looks a bit different cause sega is developing the nintendo versions, kinda like how 2 different devs are doing virtua tennis 3 for ps3 and x360, and how each splinter cell is developed by a different ubisoft studio.
so that new char will prolly be in the ps2 version too ( both games have the same release date too)

I was under the impression the Wii version is called Bleach Wii: Shiraha Kirameku Rinbukyoku and NOT Blade Battlers :rolleyes:

The ps2 game came out already in Japan, and the Wii isn't on sale yet too.:rolleyes:

darkshadow
Fri, 10-06-2006, 04:12 PM
The release dates seem to have changed since last time i checked, the were both on december 14th.
But where did you get it was out yet?:
Release Data
Bleach: Blade Battles SCEI 10/12/06 JP , its october 6th >_>

UChessmaster
Mon, 10-09-2006, 11:32 AM
new chars on the site: aizen, tousen, gin and... anti-ichigo? o.0

darkshadow
Mon, 10-09-2006, 06:26 PM
its hollow ichigo, and wtf is up with him having a black bankai ??>_> thats so wrong, anyway, this game is so gonna own, i think tousen is gonna be my fav. char ( speed!)

big_ac
Mon, 10-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Hollow Ichigo reminds me of Ivy in Soul Calibur II. I bet if you can get his timing down, you can keep everyone at long range and sit back and enjoy the ownage.

zibo
Mon, 10-09-2006, 10:22 PM
There are ways around it, like lots of side stepping and moving forward.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 10-12-2006, 02:38 AM
There are ways around it, like lots of side stepping and moving forward.

Yet, sadly, I have found that the overlying key to victory for these types of games (anime based fighters) to be:

MASH BUTAN WIN GAME

darkshadow
Sun, 10-15-2006, 10:13 AM
sry i didnt post this sooner, i forgot to check it:
http://isohunt.com/download/14283370/Bleach+Blade+Battlers

GOGOGO!

zibo
Sun, 10-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Yet, sadly, I have found that the overlying key to victory for these types of games (anime based fighters) to be:

MASH BUTAN WIN GAME

Yeah I have a friend who likes to do it, but as well there are ways around it too, quick combos before he will be able break hell loose, also watch out for grabing moves (the ones that you cant block) I hate them.

darkshadow
Sun, 10-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Impressions: like battle stadium DON, this game is ok in the beginning, but once you unlock the proper character, this game turns out to be very fun, its best to stick with ichigo all the way untill you unlock some more chars ( like toushiro, man he owns)

Hollow ichigo is called Ogichi in this game, so im geussing thats his official name now.
Gameplay:
very powerstone like, dont expect combo's like NH3, but button mashing wont make you win in this game, in the beginning it can feel a bit slow paced, but it feel a bit better when you get the other chars.

"Bankai" mode: you guys are prolly wondering what the bankai is like?
well its like when your health drops into the red ( 40-50%) and your reiatsu gauge is full, L1+R1 will pop up above your char, press it to go next lvl ( not everyone has bankai ofcourse, like zaraki)
this will enable the powered up mode untill your reiatsu gauge runs out ( which is a bit too fast if you ask me).

Special attacks:
each character has a special attack, which shows a little sequence of the char doing a signature move at full power ( like ichigo getsuga tenshou).
The bad thing is though, in Bankai mode you do NOT have a special, which woudlve been cool( this is prolly why byakuya does not have senkei ).

They couldve sped up the movement a bit though, this it what will make it feel slow paced at times.

Anime/Manga:
this game doesn't have all the characters from the anime and NON from the manga, not included from the anime include:
captain:
kyouraku
ukitake
genryuusai
unohana
VC:
nemu
nanao
unohana's vc
genryuusai's vc
soi fong's vc
ukitake's vc's
komamura's vc
kira
tousen's vc
yachiru and yumichika.

Ganju and his sister
that little red haired brat with the bat
Rukia does have her shikai, but she doesnt have that shikai attack from the manga,
which i think is simply cause of not having a special in "Bankai" mode.
Those are a LOT of chars missing, i hope they are already working on a part 2 with more chars ( kinda like how NH1 had a poor char roster )

other then that, the game is fine :D