PDA

View Full Version : Do you think people have a real ninja school some where?

Best Ninja
Fri, 08-25-2006, 06:49 PM
just asking what do you think?

Terracosmo
Fri, 08-25-2006, 06:53 PM
No, but there are probably private classes dedicated to preserving ninja history since there is such an interest in it. As in, how ninja originated, their "work", weaponry, etc.

While the idea of an actual ninja school existing somewhere in secrecy is fucking cool, I deem it close to impossible... unless you count classes where you learn "ninja moves" (different types of martial arts I suppose). Bleh. :S

Paulyboy
Fri, 08-25-2006, 07:40 PM
No, but there are probably private classes dedicated to preserving ninja history since there is such an interest in it. As in, how ninja originated, their "work", weaponry, etc.

While the idea of an actual ninja school existing somewhere in secrecy is fucking cool, I deem it close to impossible... unless you count classes where you learn "ninja moves" (different types of martial arts I suppose). Bleh. :S

What are you talking about TERRA!!! I thought you knew more. There could be secret societies or something like that, like a covenant or something, like magic covenants. Hey you might never know.

RedX1z
Fri, 08-25-2006, 07:50 PM
when the time comes, my minions and i will take over this world..

i mean, of course they don't exist. you're just talking crazy, move along now.

Terracosmo
Fri, 08-25-2006, 08:22 PM
What are you talking about TERRA!!! I thought you knew more. There could be secret societies or something like that, like a covenant or something, like magic covenants. Hey you might never know.

SHHH you are blowing our disguises! This newbie might find out about us and tell people an- OH SNAP

Assertn
Fri, 08-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Ninja tip #203 : If you get that constipated feeling, that is your chakra gathering into your lower regions. If you channel your chakra properly, you can mold these chakra energies to perform a kage bunshin!

Board of Command
Fri, 08-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Ninja tip #204: If you fail to channel that chakra properly, it will melt whatever is in your lower regions resulting in raging diarrhea. The tip? Always wear a diaper just in case your kage bunshin fails.

complich8
Fri, 08-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Ninja tip #205: be wary, however, because even if you successfully channel the chakra into a kage-bunshin technique, if your execution isn't perfect you could still be subject to the same consequences, only with a few hundred of them to clean up instead of just one. In this case, you should definitely learn either a high-level fire technique (to incinerate the resulting mess), or a high-level water technique (to wash it away). Earth techniques (bury it) might work too, but wind-elemental techniques are only going to make it worse.

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-25-2006, 11:06 PM
There is a real ninja school, and while it's not secret, it's very difficult to get into because they do teach you techniques that could lead to a person's death. They take it incredibly seriously.

http://www.bujinkan.com/

mage
Fri, 08-25-2006, 11:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKuouyJvx6Q

Lefty
Sat, 08-26-2006, 01:19 AM
That ninja training camp video is what I would call flowery martial arts. Flash but no substance. The Bujinkan and a few other small schools do teach real ninja fighitng and infiltration techniques. It's just nearly imposissilbe to get accepted by the head teacher. Thats why I do Kendo.

masamuneehs
Sat, 08-26-2006, 02:24 AM
where do navy seals and other special ops fall on the scale of "stealthy violence"?

does that not count just because of the guns and gear, or is it ok?

obviously the implications to this topic posed by the answers to such questions are massive.

mage
Sat, 08-26-2006, 02:32 AM
That ninja training camp video is what I would call flowery martial arts. Flash but no substance.
Yes, it's just some showy gymnastics. I'm pretty sure the title "ninja camp" was a joke.

Assertn
Sat, 08-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Ninja tip #205: be wary, however, because even if you successfully channel the chakra into a kage-bunshin technique, if your execution isn't perfect you could still be subject to the same consequences, only with a few hundred of them to clean up instead of just one. In this case, you should definitely learn either a high-level fire technique (to incinerate the resulting mess), or a high-level water technique (to wash it away). Earth techniques (bury it) might work too, but wind-elemental techniques are only going to make it worse.

Thus the birth of the age-old quote "When shit hits the fan"

Board of Command
Sat, 08-26-2006, 09:53 AM
where do navy seals and other special ops fall on the scale of "stealthy violence"?
Jack Bauer sneaked onto a plane by wearing a hoodie. 'Nuff said.

does that not count just because of the guns and gear, or is it ok?
Well it's hard to compare sniper rifles to shurikens or whatever ninjas like to throw. It should be valid if you're only talking about "stealthy violence."

darkshadow
Sat, 08-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Well yeah bujinkan is a genuine ninjutsu school, but you might get lucky and find other schools that are good too, there is 1 school here in amsterdam that is also geniune and my former sensei was also genuine, no flashy gymnastics ( heck im not that good at flips even though i can do em), but mostly weapons training and throws/techs/breaks.

Psyke
Sat, 08-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Ninjutsu is just another form of martial arts taught at the regular community centre here in Singapore. It's not what you imagine though, nothing to do with chakra, kunai, or even shurikens. Just basic moves and such, but they have a black gi which looks pretty cool. All in all, it's just another form of money making for the people conducting the course. But I understand that there is still at least one living ninja in Japan, but even his clan is non existing now and he basically earns a living by being the last ninja and getting paid to be on documentaries.

4u2nv
Sat, 08-26-2006, 11:49 PM
lol that "Ninja Training Camp" is Team Ryouko, you can obviously tell at the end of the clip. [notice you'd see www.teamryouko.com]. Team Ryouko is a "Tricking Team" where they mix a large variety of martial arts, gymnastics, freerunning and break dancing. Team Ryouko is from Tdot[Toronto], Ontario Canada.

There is also EMC Monkey's which is in... I don't know lol, somewhere in the states. They do the same thing as Team Ryouko, they are another Tricking Team. Except with EMC[Evolved Monkey Combat] they focus more on freerunning and martial arts. The founders Xin Sarith and Jae Phan have used all their martials arts that they knew and have basicly 'combined' it into one.

Yeah, it's for show. But it will still hurt like a bLitch, they train their leg muscles and train in martial arts. It's not just fancy kicks and what not. Either way, it still looks pretty awsome at the end of the day.

darkshadow
Sun, 08-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Lol it doesnt really matter they are a tricking team, most of the team are excellent, i mean top notch martial artists, seriously team ryouko would own all active gotwoot members, at once lol.