PDA

View Full Version : Saint Seiya

Dark Dragon
Fri, 08-25-2006, 09:36 AM
does anyone happen to know where i can find torrent/direct download/stream or anyway of getting the anime or manga for Saint seiya, i've search for months and the only thing that came up over and over again was Saint Seiya hades chapter, i know some of the older anime/manga is rather difficult to find since fansub wasn't as popular back then but i'm quite taken with this series and the only chance i ever had to watch it was on Cartoon network and a few DVD's. Either sub or dub will be fine, thank you in advance for any help provided.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Well... do you speak spanish? is easier to find them in other languages since saint seiya was never famous in USA

Dark Dragon
Fri, 08-25-2006, 12:57 PM
unfortunately no, i know what you mean though since i found alot of the sub in spanish and i think french also.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Maybe you should get a resume somewhere? or may as well download OVA 0

Munsu
Fri, 08-25-2006, 09:31 PM
From what I know of, only one group started subbing the series, they got up to episode 49 or so, but the group looks pretty dead now. They were called AznAnime or something along those lines, look for them in the anidb.com database.

UChessmaster
Sat, 08-26-2006, 03:21 PM
I still highly suggest downloading the ova 0, it will make your life way easier and is the same messague anyway...

Munsu
Sat, 08-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Not sure if it's the same thing you're talking about, but SpA with the Hades OVA released some sort of special that was a recap of the series or something.

UChessmaster
Sat, 08-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Yep, that`s the OVA 0, a recap of everything until hades, quite good if you ask me

Dark Dragon
Sat, 08-26-2006, 07:22 PM
ok i'll try that, thx guys.

zibo
Tue, 08-29-2006, 01:21 AM
Anidb.info says that all 114 episodes were subbed by Laser_man,
" Group Last Ep State Last Update
Laser_man 114 finished 22.02.2006

Munsu
Tue, 08-29-2006, 05:24 AM
They are French subs.

tancerek
Sun, 11-05-2006, 01:59 PM
ok but where can i find Laser_man releases?

David75
Sat, 10-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Bumping a very old thread.

When I was a teenager, I've been watching this show from the very first ep, to the very last of the Posseidon arc.
I admit I wouldn't be able to rewatch the whole show, that was a very bit hit here in France because it wasn't censored... Keep in mind it was broadcasted on Wednesday afternoon beetween other sorts of animes targeted for young audience. Wednesday afternoons are without school. Try to imagine blood and violence for such an audience. The best part of the story is that Hokuto no Ken was broadcasted one hour after saint seiya, uncensored too :eek::eek::eek::D, but with very crappy and unfaithful dubbing (many very low witted puns around original names and techniques).
From what I read, Saint Seiya was first broadcasted in France. For the USA it was massively censored, blood becoming blue and called sweat, many scenes cut and so on...

The thing is that now that I'm quite older, they broadcast the sanctuary part of the Hades arc. But they get stuck only on that arc.
I'll start searching for subs, never heard the japaneses voices, that will be a first.
I have to say the Opening Song is very soothing and I like it, oddly enough, for the broadcast we have, there's a second opening song in plain American... as if it had been dubbed from an Amerian Master? The thing is that sometimes the translation does not reflect the choices of the vintage show. Minor details that still bug me.

I hope someday you all be able to get the whole show subbed and enjoy it, although the first eps may look very crappy due to aging of the style.

A torrent with everything inside up to now.
Note that the show is not finished as the hades arc will have some more eps starting the end of this year.

http://www.mininova.org/get/710652

I will dl a random ep from the TV series to check if it"s the uncensored version and get what I need for personal use.

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque... or as we saw in Mexico... Los Caballeros del Zodiaco...

I remember seeing the show all Saturday Mornings UNCENSORED when I was in Junior High... heck!

Having read the manga, published 2 years ago in Mexico, I can say the anime plainly sucks. And people get mad at Naruto or Bleach fillers... What happens on 1 night in the manga happens in at least 6 months of weekly episodes.

David75
Sun, 10-07-2007, 05:49 AM
Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque... or as we saw in Mexico... Los Caballeros del Zodiaco...

I remember seeing the show all Saturday Mornings UNCENSORED when I was in Junior High... heck!

Having read the manga, published 2 years ago in Mexico, I can say the anime plainly sucks. And people get mad at Naruto or Bleach fillers... What happens on 1 night in the manga happens in at least 6 months of weekly episodes.
Well, it's true that Saint Seiya was like a slow Soap Saga.
However, for a teenager, it was quite well suited and flashbacks didn't seem to be very intrusive, yet were quite useful to each major developments.

I have to be careful or one will think I'm only into vintage shows. Well it's more because they were the ones I was watching when I was in high school. The ones from my early chilhood do not attract me as much (Captain Future, Captain Harlock, Candy Candy, Goldorak-UFO Robo Grendizer- and so on...)

Edit:
I dowloaded an ep from the vintage series the 99. Blood was red, so I guess
it wasn't censored. The audio and video quality is quite poor, like a vhs rip...
The Hades saga is in download, I'll keep you updated.

Edit 2: I've been watching the 2 first eps of the Hades saga and it catches me just like 19 years ago (:eek: Am I that old?)

m7b
Thu, 10-11-2007, 12:50 PM
http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php?topic=197.0

irc

http://animorc.zapto.org/index.php?azna&filter=Saint%20Seiya

#AznAnime@irc.rizon.net

David75
Sun, 10-14-2007, 05:48 PM
I just finished the OAVs.

God they were boring, the 45 minutes format (except 3 and 5) does not allow for long fights and story. So fights were way too quick.
Also, it's almost 4 times the same story, with only changes in parameters, yet same story.

The 5th one is on its own league. I'm too tired to be sure I understood what's in it. It's more a movie than an OAV... it has better quality too. It's anoying because it goes beyond Hades arc, which is not over yet since we should have its end by the end of the year only.

Oh and the other OAVs use past arcs and change important things (or so it seems). Another annoying point is that some dead come back, then die, then come back...

So maybe only the fifth one is worth... I guess that viewing them at the time they were out, would have been different. Viewing them at once the same evening enhances bad points.

So for the 5th OAV, I guess the conclusion is directed at mankind and its control over the world that may lead it to doom itself. But I may be wrong as I'm tired.
The night has started too many hours ago, I work early... so good night for now.

Edit:
I forgot to talk about subbing... Well it's quite awful most of the time. With my 1 year+ of watching anime I was fortunately able to fill some large blanks. Sometimes it was just references to characters, sometimes to events of the pasts etc... Since I have a good knowledge of the series, I guess it helped too.
Other mistakes were less than understandable, for example when a character clearly tells their attack in english, and the translation is something quite different... I may be normal for very well know characters, since the translations in countries were wrong from the vintage series. It's totally impossible to know why
this mistake happens for "Once shown" characters...

Xyches
Fri, 02-15-2008, 04:43 PM
All OVA's Movies and all 114 eps in a single torrent

http://isohunt.com/download/20011870/saint+seiya

Dark Dragon
Tue, 04-22-2008, 02:32 AM
I know it's 2 months late but thank you for the torrent link.

I had given up hope on ever finding this series and then i randomly come upon this request i've made ages ago.

David75
Tue, 04-22-2008, 03:55 AM
I know it's 2 months late but thank you for the torrent link.

I had given up hope on ever finding this series and then i randomly come upon this request i've made ages ago.

Elysion OVA's are coming too. I've seen 1 and 2. video quality is poor, sub is under average. Story really feels awkward, old, overused as of yet.
4 more to come, as they are broadcast.

Fuyuki
Fri, 05-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi, everybody...
Nice to know you all...
For Mr.Xyches and Mr.Dark Dragon, thank you very much...It DOES help me a lot when I viewed this forum...(for St.Seiya Maniac like me)
For Mr.David75, I heard that Elysion (Elysium) Chapter will be made as series and aired. So I think it'll not just be OVA. Did I misunderstand you?
Anyway..nice to know you all, and nice to join this forum...
Best regards.

David75
Fri, 05-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi, everybody...
Nice to know you all...
For Mr.Xyches and Mr.Dark Dragon, thank you very much...It DOES help me a lot when I viewed this forum...(for St.Seiya Maniac like me)
For Mr.David75, I heard that Elysion (Elysium) Chapter will be made as series and aired. So I think it'll not just be OVA. Did I misunderstand you?
Anyway..nice to know you all, and nice to join this forum...
Best regards.

Hi,
As of yet there are 4 OVA episodes out of 6 for the Elysion Chapter.
I didn't check fully, but to me these OVAs are all there is to the chapter yet, or you have a source of information. If you have a link, thank you to put it here ;)
The first 2 eps were starting in a annoying way, EP3 and 4 were much better.

The Zeus OVAs was incredible, but also very insane in a way. Too bad the subs were awful.

Fuyuki
Fri, 05-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi,
As of yet there are 4 OVA episodes out of 6 for the Elysion Chapter.
I didn't check fully, but to me these OVAs are all there is to the chapter yet, or you have a source of information. If you have a link, thank you to put it here ;)
The first 2 eps were starting in a annoying way, EP3 and 4 were much better.

The Zeus OVAs was incredible, but also very insane in a way. Too bad the subs were awful.

That's it, that's the matter...
I don't know what's wrong w/ my link, but all I got till now is only incomplete subs...:confused: :(
After all, I'm not an expert (even a bad rookie) at searching download sources. Up until now, they always serve free downloads at my campus' masterweb, with poor and incomplete subs (so the link that Mr.Xyches gave was really helpful).
Besides..I don't think the Trilogy will end with just 6 eps (as you might have figured out that the Hades Trilogy has a very-very-very slow flow w/ an easily-read plot).
That's why...:D ...if u don't mind...will u share me some sources...hihihi...
I'm sorry for burdening....:p

Dark Dragon
Thu, 06-05-2008, 09:26 AM
That's it, that's the matter...
I don't know what's wrong w/ my link, but all I got till now is only incomplete subs...:confused: :(
After all, I'm not an expert (even a bad rookie) at searching download sources. Up until now, they always serve free downloads at my campus' masterweb, with poor and incomplete subs (so the link that Mr.Xyches gave was really helpful).
Besides..I don't think the Trilogy will end with just 6 eps (as you might have figured out that the Hades Trilogy has a very-very-very slow flow w/ an easily-read plot).
That's why...:D ...if u don't mind...will u share me some sources...hihihi...
I'm sorry for burdening....:p

Trust me it's not you, this torrent is the equivalent of a rare gem. I've searched for months before this thread with limited success and gave up hope on ever finding it.

I will try to seed as much as i can for those who are still trying to download this since downloading 30 gig with limited seed takes freaking forever.

David75
Thu, 06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
What are you searching for exactly.
The original series? I wonder if it's possible with english subs of acceptable quality.
The Elysion OVA? because Ep3 and 4 were quite easy to find with acceptable english subs.

Fuyuki
Fri, 06-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Well, actually I don't really mind about subtitles or dubs, because I'm speaking Japanese myself (mother tongue). But the biggest problem is, why did they censored the films at the very best moments? And a lot of them too.
What I'm really looking for is the "complete" films of all episodes, include the last episodes of Hades Trilogy, which means the "uncensored" one.
And when I search from isohunt.com links, I can't make sure which one is which, because with a similar title, the size is significantly different.
That's why, I ask Mr.David75, for I thought you have watched them. So I guess you can tell me which one should I download. And I agree with Mr.Dark Dragon, because, yes, it takes a very long time, and with a "betrayer" around me who makes it even longer...:mad:
So I can't just load them all and select them later...:( (hiks...the betrayer will make everything worse...)
And so it is, my friends, help me....Would you..? Pleasseee...? ;)
Thanx a lot for your attention...:)

David75
Fri, 06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Well, actually I don't really mind about subtitles or dubs, because I'm speaking Japanese myself (mother tongue). But the biggest problem is, why did they censored the films at the very best moments? And a lot of them too.
What I'm really looking for is the "complete" films of all episodes, include the last episodes of Hades Trilogy, which means the "uncensored" one.
And when I search from isohunt.com links, I can't make sure which one is which, because with a similar title, the size is significantly different.
That's why, I ask Mr.David75, for I thought you have watched them. So I guess you can tell me which one should I download. And I agree with Mr.Dark Dragon, because, yes, it takes a very long time, and with a "betrayer" around me who makes it even longer...:mad:
So I can't just load them all and select them later...:( (hiks...the betrayer will make everything worse...)
And so it is, my friends, help me....Would you..? Pleasseee...? ;)
Thanx a lot for your attention...:)
Ok let's be a little more precise
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Saint_Seiya_episodes

I have all of the hades eps except those due in august of course.
All of the movies some of them of a crappy image quality.
I can't tell wether they are censored or not.
If you tell me the exact numbers/arcs/titles I can maybe find again the links I downloaded my eps from.

Now I'm back to Rolland Garros, Federer vs Monfils

Fuyuki
Thu, 06-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Hi, guys!!!
I found interesting links for free download animes and mangas.
And it provides good quality of Saint Seiya Galaxian Wars Trilogy and Hades Battle Gods Trilogy too.
Try it on, guys!! You won't regret it. And in Premium Mode, you just have to pay $5.00 per month to get unlimited anime and manga collection all you want.
http://www.anime-eden.com/

BTW, why do I get minus point of reputation? Have I done something wrong or unpleasant for you?

Tsuki-chan
Tue, 06-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi! I'm new here, but I don't know why I can't open the intro thread, so I'll just write over...

Thanx 4 the links, it works, and it's free, don't have to pay. I think you're wrong, Fuyuki.
I do like St.Seiya, but will somebody please tell me where I can post for general topics?
Or how to find the right thread that involves some specific anime?

I only search randomly and I'm afraid of doing something that "STOP DOING THIS" said.

Thanks anyway...