PDA

View Full Version : Bitlord Banned?

GangstaCrizzab
Tue, 08-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi all,

I just caught on to Naruto, and downloaded episodes 1-75 from your tracker with Bitlord. When I tried to download the next few though, it said that my client version is banned. :confused: I checked the Bitlord site, and there aren't any updates that I can get or anything, and now I can't even seed the Naruto episodes I've already got. Is there any way that Bitlord 1.1 can be unbanned or do I have to download another client?

Kraco
Tue, 08-22-2006, 12:58 PM
According to the tracker wiki site (http://wiki.depthstrike.com/index.php/Tracker_Information) all versions of Bitlord are banned. So, your best bet is to get another client, like utorrent (used by great many happy people myself included).

Remember you can continue seeding the finished torrents even with another client. Just have the finished files in the right directory, get the .torrents and launch them in the new program. When the new client notices the files are already there, seeding commences. Also, even unfinished torrents can be "ported" to the new client if you pay attention to the file name extensions.

GangstaCrizzab
Tue, 08-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Great... Bitlord was the only client I know of who's ports I didn't have to screw with to get to work. "Spyware suspected" my ass.... :mad: Thanks for your speedy help though, do you know of another relatively simple to use client?

Lucifus
Tue, 08-22-2006, 05:18 PM
I don't know much in the world of torrent clients. But I switched from Bitlord for similar reason. I loved Bitlord as well =P I suggest you try BitComet. Its basically "exactly" BitLord except with a different name and icon.:rolleyes: I've been using it, works pretty much the same as Bitlord.

Kraco
Tue, 08-22-2006, 05:20 PM
The only clients I have used are BitComet and utorrent. I switched away from BitComet when it began to get banned from various places. But in the end that was only good for me personally, because utorrent is far better in many ways, and thus it was lucky I found it. It's simple to use yet has a decent selection of settings to tweak. And it has a full GUI as well, just like BitComet, and apparently BitLord as well according to Lucifus.

complich8
Tue, 08-22-2006, 05:37 PM
yeah, utorrent definitely gets the recommendation for best bt client on windows.

GangstaCrizzab
Tue, 08-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Is uTorrent complicated to get to work like Azureus though? I had that once, and one day it suddenly crapped out on me. The vauge 20 page wiki of a help manual didn't really improve things either.

IFHTT
Tue, 08-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Well, if you said you didn't need to adjust any ports to get Bitlord to work, I suggest finding out which port is being used by bitlord and setting utorrent to use that same port. It's obviously an opened port to begin with, if you've been downloading with no problem before. If you have any other trouble, you can check out http://www.portforward.com for router specific portforwarding instructions, that are very easy to follow. That should get you up and going, should you decide to use utorrent.

GangstaCrizzab
Thu, 08-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Well I managed to get uTorrent up and running smoothly. The people at portforward deserve a Nobel Prize for uncomplicated the port configuration process. I am having one last little problem though:

Even though my port is opened correctly and my network indicator is a little green checkmark, my speeds are still pretty slow. Not that I'm terribly impacient, but since these Naruto torrents are pretty popular and have so many seeds my speeds should be up in the 60+ range, but it's bouncing between low 20's and mid 30's Is there something I can do for it?

complich8
Thu, 08-24-2006, 01:18 AM
Assuming you're not saturating your upload, there's probably not a whole lot you can do about it. But a lot of large batches in particular tend to crawl a bit slower than you might expect, by virtue of lack of high-quality seeders (ie: the people seeding are seeding dozens of things with only dozens of KB/sec).

GangstaCrizzab
Thu, 08-24-2006, 01:38 AM
:( I was lying before when I said I wasn't impacient. I want my Naruto now damn it!!!!!1!1!one what I'm I gonna do for the six hours it need to finish..... Meh I guess I'll sleep or something.

Seriously though, I really really appreciate the not only speedy but incredibly helpful responses I got from everyone. It's nice to find at least one site on the net where a person can get advice for bittorrent that actually helps and isn't vague as hell, thanks a lot.

Board of Command
Thu, 08-24-2006, 01:41 AM
For older stuff I tend to look on IRC because like complich said, old stuff lack quality seeders.

Kraco
Thu, 08-24-2006, 03:26 AM
old stuff lack quality seeders.

Lolzors. I once downloaded a small 440 MB batch of OVAs from Boxtorrents for 9 full days, that is, about 210 hours! 440MB is worth only three episodes. The download speed was fluctuating between zero and 1.5 kB/s even though there were sometimes three seeders around at the same time.

Board of Command
Thu, 08-24-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm surprised you actually had the patience to wait it out.

Kraco
Thu, 08-24-2006, 10:36 AM
The case might have been different, if I had known beforehand it was going to take that long. Probably I'd have dropped it right at the beginning. But I kept thinking for a few days that surely it will get better at some point. But after having watched it crawl there for several days it would have felt stupid to drop it. And in the end it didn't disturb anything else other than sorely testing my patience. I think I downloaded a couple of full series in the mean time, while it was worming there in the background...