PDA

View Full Version : TV: Vanished

Munsu
Mon, 08-21-2006, 10:34 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/291/vanishedba9.jpg

Wondering if anyone here watched the premiere, it showed right after the awesome premiere of Prison Break.

I think the show looked good, though I was expecting a bit better for the first episode. Fox describes it as "A show even Jack Bauer would be proud of". I expect the action to pick in the rest of the season, there seems to be a big conspiracy looming. Looks like it'll be something similar to The Da Vinci Code. Only thing I don't like is the lead investigator FBI Agent, he seems like a pussy.

Munsu
Mon, 10-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Bumping this thread one more time...

Wondering if any of you gave this series a shot. Last episode (episode 7) was fucking great, proabably a turning point in the series... for the better.

Assassin
Mon, 10-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Was that the one with the murder? i briefly saw parts of it on tv. I've been debating whether to follow this series or not. The 'Davinci Code' style conspiracy is really intresting and i love series like that, but im turned off by the crime drama portion of it. I've never been a fan of the whole 'big FBI investigation' type shows.

I mite download the first few eps sometime this week and see if its worth it or not.

wowza161
Mon, 10-09-2006, 04:37 PM
To tell the truth, I really couldn't finish the first episode. I tried during the premier, and then I tried again during the encore presentation with no success. It just seemed really dull, plus the random sex scene with the reporter seemed out of place. Episode 7 seems to be a bit late to bring the action in, but I may try to pick this series up again if you recommend it.

PS: I don't think there was a murder in this one (unless you're talking about the guy in the trunk). This show is the one where the senator's wife goes missing, and they say that she has vanished in the past as well.

Munsu
Mon, 10-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Well since you guys are way behind I don't want to spoil anything... But I wasn't too fond of the series at the beginning, but after each episode, it began getting better... episode 7 just stood out from the rest. I think if you guys get that far you'll stick with the series, plus we have a two week break, so you guys can catch up if you want to at a slow pace... maybe 1 episode every two days or so.

wowza161
Tue, 10-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Hmm... I guess a slow suspense wouldn't hurt. I suppose I'll give it another try during the two week break. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up by the next episode!

Edort4
Tue, 10-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Im actually watching this series, even if I use to wait for a spanish sub ( sometimes I lost myself in parts of the conversations) so im a bit behind.

Actually watched till episode 5 and i have to say that im gladly surprised by this series. The first chapter felt like a 24 with some random cultist mistery a bit dissapointing. But as chapters go by everything gets more interesting.

You guys should give a try to Vanished.