PDA

View Full Version : Is there some kind of jounin test?

Teki
Mon, 08-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Sorry if something like this has already been asked but I couldnt find it.
We know how ninjas can go from the academy to genin and from genin to chuunin through various tests and whatnot.

Im wondering if there is any indication of a jounin test because im wondering how neji, temari, and kankuro actually became a jounin during the time jump.

...unless theres nothing on the subject so far and its up to our imaginations...

zibo
Mon, 08-21-2006, 10:54 PM
I don't know but maybe having high skills or completing certain number or certain ranked missions ?

darkmetal505
Mon, 08-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Nothing has been explicitly said "this is the criteria for jounin." One can assume that it has to do with number and difficulty of missions; maybe a special exam testing jutsu, technical skill, adaptability, team player, etc.

The only real advancement to jounin we have seen is Kakashi (flashback), Shikamaru, Neji, Temari, and Kankuro (was he? I don't remember).

The 4th (though not at the time) allowed Kakashi to lead the team because he was promoted to the Jounin level. It seems to me that quite a bit of analytical thinking power is needed to even remotely qualify. And if so, how will our hero, Naruto, ever make it to Hokage?

woofcat
Thu, 08-24-2006, 04:37 PM
in the hunt for the 4 leaf red clover deal OVA. Naruto sneeks into the Jounin test area. The "Forest of death" for jounin. But as you all know that was "filler" so it can't be considered true but i figured i would add it anyways.

XanBcoo
Thu, 08-24-2006, 04:46 PM
During the Chuunin exam, before the shit with Orochimaru, I kind of assumed the next story arc would be the "Jounin exam arc". I was really curious to see what kinds of tests would be given.

There's still a chance with Naruto, I guess.

anime892
Thu, 08-24-2006, 05:05 PM
i think in the manga kakashi said sumthing about having to be able to atleast use two types of elemental chakra or something

Carnage
Thu, 08-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Yea, but thats a qualification for becoming a jounin. I wonder what the actual test is......it can be just that.....

Necromas
Fri, 08-25-2006, 08:38 AM
I think it's more of a promotion then a specific test.

Once a Chunnins deeds have made him worthy of the promotion, they give it to him. But in some cases I suppose they would give them a challenge tailored to the specific person too just to be sure.

Example:

Shikamaru just completed a very difficult mission, in which he did exceptionally well and showed his improvement has gone beyond that of a normal Chunnin.

Just to make sure he's got the right stuff they give him some sort of test to prove he is a true genius and can handle tough decisions in combat situations.

Afterwards they promote him to Jounin level.

P.S. About the two elements thing, I believe what he said was something along the lines of, "Most Jouning can control at least two types of chakra", but I'm sure they could make an exception, like how Lee became a Genin when there's no way in hell he could have even done a simple jutsu that other Genin would consider trivial like the bunshin or henge.

anime892
Fri, 08-25-2006, 12:03 PM
im pretty sure shikamaru isnt a jonin i think hes a chunnin examiner

Psyke
Fri, 08-25-2006, 12:28 PM
im pretty sure shikamaru isnt a jonin i think hes a chunnin examiner

Yes, Shikamaru is (still) not a jounin. Necromas was just using him in his example.

X-plicit
Fri, 09-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Well we also saw how those two chuunin examiners (The two that used genjutsu during the chuunin exam and are currently with Asuma and Shikamaru who are gonna stop Akatsuki.) got promoted to Jounin. All that happened was Tsunade basically said "You two are promoted for blah blah blah"

tehlegend
Thu, 09-07-2006, 01:00 AM
... we dont have a real confirmation on whether or not there is an actual process or test to it though...

like someone said earlier, its still the filler arc... so, cant take it too seriously.

Stoopider
Fri, 09-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Don't think there's a specific test. With all the Akatsuki's running about, I doubt there will be such a test in the Naruto show.

In fact even to the Chunnin level, it's not really who that wins would be a chunnin. After a certain point in the test, it's more of a display of skills and teamwork.

Maybe a jounnin would probably be voted in, as in the other jounnin's see him fit to join among their ranks.