PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 319

xDarkMaster
Thu, 08-17-2006, 12:35 PM
LQ Raw (http://rapidshare.de/files/29763979/Naruto_319_LQ.zip)

Trans (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7575)

toonice714
Thu, 08-17-2006, 12:47 PM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkmetal505
Thu, 08-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Meh... a pretty uneventful chapter. Naruto progresses in his training and remembers Sasuke.

mage
Thu, 08-17-2006, 01:07 PM
God, what the fuck was Sakura doing in this chapter. Seems like Kishimoto just wanted to waste some pages with her crying.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 08-17-2006, 02:03 PM
MQ Scan (http://rapidshare.de/files/29774861/Naruto_319_MQbydes.zip)

LQ-MQ scanlation (http://www.sendspace.com/file/l3q63a)

Nothing happened in this chapter, but the next one looks good. "Naruto's training approaches it's final stage! Next time, the true form of the new jutsu!"

dragon608608
Thu, 08-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I just finish reading this chapter with MQ quality scan, and i got to say Naruto is truely have no talent. Why? because Kakashi say, it normally took a full year to master the second steps of Nature manipulation, but if you calculate carefully it took Naruto 3 years. It took him a full day with a thousand clone to complete the second step. That is equal to 1000 days which is 3 years. He is slow alright.

DDBen
Thu, 08-17-2006, 04:15 PM
I just finish reading this chapter with MQ quality scan, and i got to say Naruto is truely have no talent. Why? because Kakashi say, it normally took a full year to master the second steps of Nature manipulation, but if you calculate carefully it took Naruto 3 years. It took him a full day with a thousand clone to complete the second step. That is equal to 1000 days which is 3 years. He is slow alright.

Actually this is incorrect Naruto has several breaks during his training for a unspecified amount of time due to mental fatigue when he stops to gain the knowledge from his clones. Kakashi stated it took him a few hours for 6 hours worth of training and if anything he's learning even faster then expected.

edit: changed years to hours.

LaZie
Thu, 08-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Its 6 months not 6 years worth of training.

bxgreatone87
Thu, 08-17-2006, 04:57 PM
you cant really say he has no talent when he is the only one that can do this training. He also gets weakened when he brings the clones together again so its not like he is doing straight training.

DDBen
Thu, 08-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Its 6 months not 6 years worth of training.

My mistake but it doesn't change anything. so if 1 day = about 3 years and he did the training in 4 hours of pure training it remains the same. he certainly didn't spend 24 hours on pure training.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 08-17-2006, 06:03 PM
god. this was uneventful...
Naruto should have at least medidated to stop the waterfall, he simply has no taste in astetics.

Sakura's crying was pointless, though it might refer to the fact that another month has passed and sasuke still didn't come back (the moon state is similar to the one when Sasuke left).

and to the nice part, Kurenei is hot, probably worried sick about Asume going out on a mission.. unless the plant on her window is a willow brench, and then she's hot for Yamato. but that's probably not the case. She's still much prettier than other female charecters, and she should defintally get ten times as much screen time as now.

and on a diffrent case: I think Naruto is immune to Tsukiyomi (at least the one Kakashi has recived back in the days), after all, if he feels what each clone feels, doesn't that mean he's felt stabbed, kicked, cut, burnt and other forms of pyshical injury over and over again? Kimimaru alone has cut him (with something equal to a sword at least) over 200 times. Naruto probably felt more pyshical pain than anyone else in the manga.

edit: wording and the last paragraph.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 08-17-2006, 07:50 PM
The only part I really enjoyed about this chapter was Asume and Kurenai somehow contacting each other.... man, Asuma is so going to die. They wouldn'f have gone and confirmed his relation with Kurenai if he was going to live. At the very least, I hope he goes down with a good fight - lately, all fights concerning the Akatsuki have been something like

*Fight starts*

Hidan and Kakuzu have a chat and hate each other

*Skip*

The fight is done and Hidan and Kakuzu are still talking.

Other than Asuma and Kurenai this was uneventful. GOD I'm tired of Sakura crying. Not only was her three-year training useless, she's not doing anything at all to get better. She could be training with Tsunade again, or with Sizune, or with anyone. Anything is better than sitting aalone in her room in the dark and crying over a jerk who wouldn't hesitate to kill her.

dragon608608
Thu, 08-17-2006, 07:50 PM
There is one more thing that i notice in this chapter. Out of curiosity, where's the hell the Fourth seal on Naruto's stomach go? From the beginning to the end of this chapter, naruto didn't wear any shirt is that support to expose the Fourth seal in his stomach out. or it didn't show up because of the side effect by Yamato ninjutsu?

mage
Thu, 08-17-2006, 09:01 PM
It's not there all the time.

bxgreatone87
Thu, 08-17-2006, 09:59 PM
It's not there all the time.

it has always shown when he is molding chakra. remember when jiriya un-did the cursed mark oro placed, he told naruto to mold chakra and the seal apeared. Since he is molding chakra to split the waterfall it should have shown kishi probably mest up lol.

Edort4
Thu, 08-17-2006, 10:06 PM
At earlier stages it was said that the seal only gets visible when naruto is using kyubiis chakra. Its like somekind of VIP pass for kyubii-disco. Once you enter you get the mark.

Yamato is sealing the kyubii and its chakra and letting naruto work with his own chakra (or maybe taking the kyubii chakra but mixing it with his), to resume hes only using blue chakra.

Nothing much happened in this episode, the only thing is that I cant stop getting the feeling that Jiraya is a complete failure as a teacher and that they lost 2 and a half years. Wich is plain stupid even for a manga that has nothing to do with the real world.

Lets see what jutsu or jutsus we get from this training that hopefully will end in a chapter or two and start with the ass kickings.

Vegechan
Thu, 08-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Actually this is incorrect Naruto has several breaks during his training for a unspecified amount of time due to mental fatigue when he stops to gain the knowledge from his clones. Kakashi stated it took him a few hours for 6 hours worth of training and if anything he's learning even faster then expected.

edit: changed years to hours.

It doesn't matter. I'ts horrible logic anyways. See, it doesn't instantly equal 1000 days, even if the 1000 clones took a full day of training.

Let me see if I can explain more clearly...

Let's say Naruto is given a book. He uses Mass Clones to each read one chapter. He then dispurses the clones and then he has read a full book in only minutes.

That's not the case here. All the clones are on equal ground, so they are in essence reading chapter 1. He'll just understand Chapter 1 really well by the end of it.

bxgreatone87
Thu, 08-17-2006, 11:24 PM
At earlier stages it was said that the seal only gets visible when naruto is using kyubiis chakra. Its like somekind of VIP pass for kyubii-disco. Once you enter you get the mark.

Yamato is sealing the kyubii and its chakra and letting naruto work with his own chakra (or maybe taking the kyubii chakra but mixing it with his), to resume hes only using blue chakra.

Nothing much happened in this episode, the only thing is that I cant stop getting the feeling that Jiraya is a complete failure as a teacher and that they lost 2 and a half years. Wich is plain stupid even for a manga that has nothing to do with the real world.

Lets see what jutsu or jutsus we get from this training that hopefully will end in a chapter or two and start with the ass kickings.

I understand where you are comeing from with jiraya, but think about it this way.... Jiraya focused on naruto training with the use of the kyubbi chakra so that he will be able to control it better. which he did gain more control being able to go three tails with sanity.

Where things went wrong is when naruto goes 4 tails and loses control. I don't think jiraya expected naruto to go mad if he went to deep into the kyubbis chakra.

so what im trying to say is if jiraya would have know naruto would go beserk like that, he wouldnt have trained him in using the kyubbi chakra for three years. Instead he would have trained him difrently.

Now that they know what happens when he goes to far into kyubbi transformation they gonna prevent it. Thus the whole point of the training became useless in that sense. I hope you get where im comeing from with this lol.

kakashi-san2000
Thu, 08-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Friend told me about the naruto downloads u get here but this is my first post. anyway....

I kinda agree with you edort but we cant say the training was useless when he can go toe-to-toe with orochimaru when he could barely handle kabuto a year ago. bxgreatone is also right when now the training goes down the drain because they dont want naruto to go tailed demon form.
sakura is just useless at this point aint like naruto needs healing so whats her purpose.

bxgreatone87
Fri, 08-18-2006, 12:01 AM
I forgot to add this earlier.

With naruto's current training you cant really say with 1000 naruto's his training will go 1000 times faster. For instance if out of the 1000 clones trying to accomplishe the same thing (ex: cut the leaf in half) 200 of them try the same exact way to cut the leaf in half, but the other 800 come up with diffrent ideas on how to cut the leaf, when comeing back together you are really only ubtaining new knowledge from 801 clones since one idea was shared by 200 of the clones.

the only way it can be 1000 times faster is if every clone has there own idea. Remember when only one of the clones was doing really good while the others werent up to his lvl. Naruto most likely got more from that clone then the rest.

DDBen
Fri, 08-18-2006, 01:27 AM
It doesn't matter. I'ts horrible logic anyways. See, it doesn't instantly equal 1000 days, even if the 1000 clones took a full day of training.

Let me see if I can explain more clearly...

Let's say Naruto is given a book. He uses Mass Clones to each read one chapter. He then dispurses the clones and then he has read a full book in only minutes.

That's not the case here. All the clones are on equal ground, so they are in essence reading chapter 1. He'll just understand Chapter 1 really well by the end of it.

Your correct it is not exactly 1000X learning but you did not read what I was talking about. I was stating that he did not spend 24 hours training for the first part with 1000 clones and thus using the equivilant of 3 years worth of time. My statement was to show that his actual training time was completely differn't from the time elapsed because he kept passing out and sleeping from mental fatigue. 4 hours is simply the equvilant of 6 months worth of time and as Kakashi states the training took HOURS and not a day much closer to the amount of actual training time.

Also its very likely those 1000 clones are all trying slightly differn't methods of training so its not exactly like reading chapter 1 over and over but rather the equivalent of a much longer time span of trial and error. When he made a noteable breakthrough with one of the clones Kakashi had him stop training and in turn pass out from mental fatique for what seemed like a good amount of time every time it happened. Your example is not wrong but far to overly simplified for what took place.

docdan63
Fri, 08-18-2006, 02:58 AM
i think you guys are missing the point, he'll be super strong! who cares about what or how he gets the move, just that he gets it, lol.

Raven
Fri, 08-18-2006, 03:26 AM
I think some people are reading waaay too much into it. The bottom line is that all his clones are learning at the same time, so he learns more quickly. Simple! ;)

I wonder if Kishi's making Asuma's death obvious on purpose, with the plan of pulling a massive twist on us, having him obliterate the two of them solo. Nah.

bxgreatone87
Fri, 08-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Even though this wasnt an exciteing chapter a good deal was done in the process. Makes next weeks chapter look like its gonna be a good one. Asuma is gonna die soon also watch lol it's like all sighns are pointing towards that.

A none important character getting alot of developement lately with him being a relative to the hokage. Being one of the 20 guards. The fact he is about to fight an akatsuki,and the fact they are showing this chick worrying about him. Also him giving advice for naruto to control his wind element. I bet he gonna die and they gonna give naruto the knucle blades for his wind ability.

note: I'm just blowing this out my ass to see if i get anything right when the story advances lol.

dragon608608
Fri, 08-18-2006, 04:58 AM
bxgreatone87, you are correct at said that those 1000 clones may try the same thing so they may try the same idea thus cancel out much of the effective of Mass Shadow Clone. However, this trainning doesn't require thinking (which may make a thousand of Naruto clones think of the same thing), but it require him to control his charka. is that correct? is it better for him to control his charka if he only have to control a little bit of it instead of a big junk of it? Like when you cook beef, if you cut a big chunk of beef to many many tiny and thin pieces, then cook, the cooking time will be rapidly reduce to minimum, and all parts are well done, isn't it? If you took a whole big chunk of beef and cook like that, you need to turn the fire to low setting otherwide the out side of the beef may be done but the inside doesn't, and it takes a long time too. Same theory if you think about it.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 08-18-2006, 06:46 AM
It seems like the art is slowly getting better again. For a while, the quality of Kishimoto's drawings was really starting to suffer. Not that he's ever been the absolute greatest, but the night scenes he put in this chapter gave him the excuse to show off his skill with shadows and backlighting.

RasenDori
Fri, 08-18-2006, 09:55 AM
asumas not gonna die because kishi doesnt have the balls

Knives122
Fri, 08-18-2006, 10:26 AM
I think some people are reading waaay too much into it. The bottom line is that all his clones are learning at the same time, so he learns more quickly. Simple! ;)

I wonder if Kishi's making Asuma's death obvious on purpose, with the plan of pulling a massive twist on us, having him obliterate the two of them solo. Nah.

That actually would either be really funny to see, really stupid and a waste of time, or possibly the greatest twist since Sherlocke Holmes defeated he ninja zombie pirates at Pearl Harbor for control of the Liberty Bell....

Best part of the chapter: Kakashi not really sleeping when Naruto started his training again.

Assertn
Fri, 08-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Don't you guys get sick of droning on about trivial details for several weeks straight? Geez, how many times do people have to discuss the philosophy behind the kage bunshin training technique?

Yukimura
Fri, 08-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Probably until everone is satisfied that everyone else agrees with their opinion, or until some new thing comes along that we can read too much into. Besides, what else is there to talk about? Nothing happened in this chapter except Naruto managed to cut the waterfall with a lot of clones.

Assertn
Fri, 08-18-2006, 01:32 PM
How about asuma and kurenai for example?

For some reason, it felt like forced fanservice to fabricate a relationship between asuma and kurenai. As if one scene involving the two of them together back when itachi came to town sparked a huge obsession with asuma x kurenai fanfics and as a result kishimoto felt obligated to endulge the fans with this chapter.

Elessar
Fri, 08-18-2006, 03:30 PM
I liked the fact, that Kakashi undenyably said, that chidori is lighning manipulation.
He should do such things more often, it will save one so much bull to siff through in online discussion :)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-18-2006, 05:39 PM
damn, I just can't take it.. as Ass said, Kishi takes stuff that only happened in the fans minds and pushes them into the story... like Chidori being a lighttning jutsu.
I have the time now to go over all the points that make me think that way.

first time we see the chidori is in chapter 30, other than the name, it doesn't even remind electricity, not in form nor in it's effect on Haku's body.
next time, is in chapte 113, it's described as a stabbing jutsu, again, when we see the moment of impact, it doesn't have the slightest similiarity to lightnning. They practicly say that your hand becomes a blade, they don't even mention the word lighttning.
Again, at chapter 128, guess what, a cutting skill, not elemental.
chapter 146? no lighttning.
176? do you see any electricity currents in the water? becuase i sure don't... if it was a lightnning skill, then he probably would have electrified the water, right?
226? 227? 228? 232? Naruto eats a chidori to his chest there, and he doesn't seem shocked about it.

80 chapters later, in 308, Sasuke farts out the chidori shield, out of nothing, but it was never explained what actually does the damage. he just makes the air more "stabby"?
and actually, the chidori sword is almost normal, unless you think about the fact that it was later that you use wind elements to increase the cutting power, but heck, who cares. HxH did it much better anyway.

that was the last time we saw the chidori in action, so unless we count the chidori thing in 308, the jutsu never had the slightest resmblence to lighttning.

well, but my thoughts aside, Kishi decided that it's electricity based, so who am I to argue? I could as much argue about that Kakashi said that to merge two elements you need both hands (diffrent chackra from each hand) and said that Haku used Ice/WInd combo, even though he did single handed jutsus...

Assertn
Fri, 08-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Booze I don't think that quite follows my point. The emphasis of chidori being a lightning jutsu was not an obligatory fanservice kishimoto provides to his target audience. It's an excuse for the newer implementations of an older jutsu.

Suffice to say, a chidori is still a piercing weapon, plain and simple. If we see any side effects from a simple chidori that has not been shown before, then I'd have reasons to question kishimoto's consistency. But from what I gathered, chidori is meant for a rapid burst of concentrated power capable of piercing the target's body. To presume that kakashi could only perform 6 of these in a day (while we see yamato creating waterfalls and canyons with his elements), I would be inclined to suspect that the chidori is one of the most powerful forms of the lightning element. Afterall, lightning for the most part is an instantaneous current of electricity, and increasing its power does not so much increase its quantity, but rather its concentration (which brings us to the assassination-style chidori that takes a very high concentrated form AND lasts long enough for the user to run up to the enemy).

Anyway, how does that paragraph apply to you, booze? Well I'm just saying that the effects of the chidori is far greater than a mere electrocution, but rather a clear incineration through the target. There's no convulsions because the part of the body that touches the chidori no longer exists, and the user's hand will have completely penetrated the target's body too. However, going back to kakashi's use against haku, we still see arcs of electricity shoot between the flying blood particles.

Elessar
Fri, 08-18-2006, 08:58 PM
One could also say, that jutsus are always explained on the level of detail that naruto understands.

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-19-2006, 12:09 AM
I wonder why Kurenai's clothing differs so much from the rest of the jounins'...

Teki
Sat, 08-19-2006, 12:58 AM
I wonder why Kurenai's clothing differs so much from the rest of the jounins'...

I remember in the anime way back that said she was one of the newer jounins than everyone else...
Maybe shes still waiting for her own standard jounin clothing... after 3 years...:D

Psyke
Sat, 08-19-2006, 04:13 AM
I'll try to clear this up to the best of my knowledge.

Chidori = 千鳥 (thousand birds)
Raikiri = 雷切 (Lighting slice)

And we all know that when Kakashi first used Chidori, Kishi named it Raikiri. It was later explained that the name of the move (created by Kakashi) was Chidori, and that Raikiri was a nickname for the move. So, it's not hard for us to relate to Chidori as a lightning elemental move.

anime892
Sat, 08-19-2006, 04:56 AM
im pretty sure theyre somewhat different though because i think raikiri is listed as a S-rank technique and chidori is listed as an A-rank

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-19-2006, 05:10 AM
im pretty sure theyre somewhat different though because i think raikiri is listed as a S-rank technique and chidori is listed as an A-rank

That might be because Sasuke uses what we all know as the Chidori, and when Kakashi uses it he calls it the Raikiri, so the listing displays that Kakashi's version is stronger? Just a theory...

RasenDori
Sat, 08-19-2006, 09:40 AM
80 chapters later, in 308, Sasuke farts out the chidori shield, out of nothing, but it was never explained what actually does the damage. he just makes the air more "stabby"?
and actually, the chidori sword is almost normal, unless you think about the fact that it was later that you use wind elements to increase the cutting power, but heck, who cares. HxH did it much better anyway.

you forget that he paralysed yamato with the sword charged with the chidori.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Well, I give up. (not as if this was ever a vailed argument, since i was arguing against the manga).
I can't proove that Chidori can't be a lighttning based jutsu, which isn't that bad afterall..
Though, it doesn't change what i think, and this arguement was never meant to change someone's thoughs. I don't like the way Naruto plays out, and I was trying to back up my dislike by showing the story was messed up through the facts themselves.

that's all that I'm about to argue about the chidori... we still have the bunshin deal to argue about...

RasenDori
Sat, 08-19-2006, 06:16 PM
manga, and comics in general have a habit of changing facts when it suites them (x-men and jean grey anybody?) they mentioned jutsu elements in the past, but never the natural chakra type thing is new, i will give you that much. it just gives kishi a new element to play around with. take it as it is and move on... thats how i deal with jean grey (stop dying, bitch)

JaySee
Sat, 08-19-2006, 06:30 PM
manga, and comics in general have a habit of changing facts when it suites them (x-men and jean grey anybody?) they mentioned jutsu elements in the past, but never the natural chakra type thing is new, i will give you that much. it just gives kishi a new element to play around with. take it as it is and move on... thats how i deal with jean grey (stop dying, bitch)
Stan: OH MY GOD! They killed Jean Grey!
Kyle: YOU BASTARDS!

You can also substitute Jean Grey with Captain America, Peter Parker's parents, Superman, etc.

Psyke
Sun, 08-20-2006, 07:18 AM
The elemental system, really isn't that much of a new thing. Many of the characters shout out the type of their move before its actual name, and by itself already tells the readers what type of move it is.

Eg. Katon = fire, Suiton = water, Douton = earth, etc. It's not really the elemental system explained by Kakashi recently, but we all know the moves are related to elements from way back.

docdan63
Mon, 08-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Don't you guys get sick of droning on about trivial details for several weeks straight? Geez, how many times do people have to discuss the philosophy behind the kage bunshin training technique?

mans got a point people, listen to him

Edort4
Tue, 08-22-2006, 09:33 AM
The problem is that for a month this fking training is the only thing we are shown! 50 pages of naruto screaming and kakashi explaining things to him.

I too think that going too deep into this situation is bad for your mental health ( He was able to do this training since chapter 1 and he is told in 316, there is a plot to make naruto weak).

But there isnt much more to talk about lately, asuma and kurenai are an incognite, it seems like a fan service. Maybe when asumas dead comes closer we will get to see some flashbacks with the couple.

docdan63
Fri, 08-25-2006, 02:09 PM
the main issuei have is just the idea that kishi draws everything out, like in 319 a bit.But who cares we got to read it and get on with it.