PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

xDarkMaster
Wed, 08-09-2006, 11:59 AM
New manga by creator of Rave Master. The art style is very similar to that of One Piece's and Bleach's. Some people have affectionately named it Bleach Piece b/c of the art. :p

http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/3639/fairy0010405nq6.th.jpg (http://img321.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fairy0010405nq6.jpg)

Short summary:a boy and a girl, both gifted in magic, going off to an elite magic guild.

You can get the first chapter scanlated at #KEFI @ irc.irchighway.net. This manga seems really interesting, and managed to "wow" me in the first chapter.

You can get the second chapter raw

no links to unlicensed distribution sources (eg fansubs, rips) be linked in this thread

When someone is first to post about a new chapter, a little "Chapter XX discussion below" warning may help other users avoid spoilers and keep things tidy.

Munsu
Wed, 08-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Going to give this a try, but it's Fairy Tail, so I'm changing the title of the thread.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-09-2006, 01:31 PM
I read the first chapter and enjoyed it. I never read Rave Master (though now I'm thinking maybe I should) but the characters were amusing and had some interesting skills to show off.

I'll probably stick with it for a while.

Munsu
Thu, 08-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Humm, first chapter was quite entertaining, I'll keep on reading...

BTW, I found it funny how the main characters in RAVE and this manga are named after seasons, Haru and Natsu... Spring and Summer.

I stopped watching RAVE after episode 26, mainly because I couldn't find decent quality fansubs out there, so I think I should give the manga a try to finish up the story. I know I've been meaning to for a while now.

Munsu
Mon, 08-14-2006, 02:56 AM
Well chapter 2 is now out and can be found in #lurk and in the #kefi channel over at irc.irchighway.net

I'm getting it right now to see if this series has what it takes, at first glimpse it seems that way.

Carnage
Mon, 08-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Lol, I remember watching rave. One weird ass anime......

This manga looks pretty cool, with all the magic, fire attacks, and dragons. Even the characters are awsome. The only thing though, not enough swords :p . But Im sure there wll be plenty later on in the series.

*rushes to get chapter 2*

xDarkMaster
Mon, 08-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Yet another awesome, halarious chapter.

Here is a summarry that was in the chapter: The story is about mage guilds all over the world! They are the associations that mediate jobs and other things to mages. Lucy, who aims to be a full-fledged mage, meets mage Natsu, who has the ability to eat fire, punch with fire, and control dragon slayer. Lucy is asked to come to Fairy Tail with him! But that is...a guild where hooligans gather! A door to a slightly dangerous, yet fun-filled "Fairy Tail" is about to be opened.

Edit: I uploaded FT chapters one and two.

Nyberg
Mon, 08-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the link darkmaster. Im gonna give this a try seems kinda entertaining...

FrogKing
Mon, 08-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Overall a pretty good manga. I liked the characters and the story is intriguing (kana has to be awesome if she can drink that much) . Enjoyed chapter 1 and 2 (loved the demon Master). I am wondering what kinds of powers the other members of the Mugiwaras...i mean Fairy Tale crew/mages have. Thanks for the links xDM!

xDarkMaster
Tue, 08-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Chapter 3 is out

Munsu
Sun, 08-27-2006, 06:10 AM
Chapter 3 is out by Kefi. Don't have a link at the moment, but just know that it's out.

kAi
Sun, 08-27-2006, 06:50 AM
Chapter 3 is available at mangatraders.

xDarkMaster
Sun, 08-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Uploaded to sendspace if anyone wants it.

Elyne
Thu, 08-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Really nice manga, I like the drawing style very much. Easy to keep track of what is happening.. Dunno if any of you have tried reading Trinity Blood? I gave up, it was to confusing.

Apraxhren
Wed, 09-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Kefi released chapter 4, it is available in their channel

xDarkMaster
Wed, 09-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Uploaded to mangatraders and to sendspace

kAi
Wed, 09-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Not much to say on the chapter, but it was ok, setting up the action soon enough.
I like how Natsu just makes himself at home in Lucy's house, heh.

xDarkMaster
Wed, 09-06-2006, 08:32 PM
FT Ch 5 RAW is already out.

Lucy + bath = <3

Honoko
Wed, 09-06-2006, 09:58 PM
sweet! thanks xDM for uploading!

masamuneehs
Thu, 09-07-2006, 12:06 AM
got to say it: this is a good one. I'm not an avid manga reader, but i'll be checking in on this one from time to time.

props to xdark for sauces.

Deblas
Thu, 09-07-2006, 01:19 AM
Fairy Tail RAW 5

Anyone who can't wait for it. Here's a short summary for Chapter 5:

Summary written by ocean
Team of 3 arrives at the town of Shirotsume. Natsu claims that he's hungry, but since Lucy's not hungry, Lucy tells others to go eat while she wonders around the town. After wondering around the town, Lucy found a maid outfit and shows up in front of Natsu/Happy wearing that, claiming she looks great regardless of what she wears. Natsu/Happy were kidding about asking Lucy to go Evaroo mansion as a maid, but since she's so into it, they decided to do that.

p35. They arrived at the CLIENT (hitler)'s house. Their work is to destroy a book called Day Break. There's only one copy exist in this world. On p39, the client tells them he'll pay 2 million for it. Natsu is too excited to calculate, so Happy calculates it for them:
Happy takes 1 million, Natsu takes 1 million, the rest is Lucy's. (xDDDDD)

It turned out some other guild tried it out but failed and the wife worries about those three, but the client strongly thinks (?) that the book needs to be eliminated from this world.

When Lucy went to Evaroo's mansion, Evaroo examined her, and says he doesn't need her cause she's ugly. He claims that only "beautiful" girls can work there. Evaroo did notice about the Fairy Tail's mark on Lucy's hand.

Some links:

MSN Group:

If you can't wait for the scanlation. Here's a link where I get the RAWS. They usually come out every wednesday to thursday on Shonen Magazine(it also updates with the latest RAW manga chapters of different series):

And just for the heck of it:
Wallpapers:
Wallpaper 1 (http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fairy01yd8.jpg)
Wallpaper 2 (http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fairy02ht1.jpg)

This manga will honestly go Mainstream. Reading the first chapter felt just like when I first read One Piece. It may feel like its starting slow(I'm honestly enjoying every bit of it) but the big arcs should be just around the corner.

I would really recommend the people to just at least read the first two chapters.

kAi
Thu, 09-07-2006, 03:01 AM
You'll also find this manga posted on mangatraders pretty quickly.

Munsu
Sat, 09-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Hah, the return of Plue... I wonder if he will have some sort of Rave powers in this world. Also, since he is summoned, I wonder if this is a parallel universe to that of RAVE.

Knives122
Sat, 09-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Well I decided to read this manga out of shire boredom today(really I had nothing to do). And I must say it's pretty awesome, sort've like One Piece, Rave, Bo bo bo, and a couple of other things mixed into one.

And Plue..of all the random summons to come out of that key it had to be him...he better have interdimensional powers or he's just gonna be there for comic relief.

Deblas
Sat, 09-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Plue is just there for comic relief. Lucy did say that Canis Minor is a popular stellar spirit but not a strong one.

Is this the second manga that Mashima has done? Because if it isn't, is it a trait of his to put characters from his last project to his new one? I never read Rave but Plue is here and so is Sieglein who I heard was in Rave too.

Stoopider
Sun, 09-10-2006, 10:59 AM
I can't wait... I wonder why the price has risen so much.

ChaosK
Sun, 09-10-2006, 11:46 AM
I can't wait... I wonder why the price has risen so much.

Because the job's gotten 10x harder?

Stoopider
Mon, 09-11-2006, 02:32 AM
Btw, I've uploaded the latest episode 5 Fairy Tale on Mangatraders. Get it now.

Deblas
Mon, 09-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Uploaded to Rapidshare for those who don't have an account on mangatraders

Damn, when I was looking at the RAW I thought he found Lucy really attractive but rejected her cause he noticed the FT mark on her hand, but he really does think she's ugly too lol. Maybe he should see her in the bathtub before making any decisions. :p

So, I'm guessing the hitler guy wrote the book?

Lucy seems to be the butt of every joke here. Poor girl...

Knives122
Mon, 09-11-2006, 10:32 AM
ugh Gorrilla women are scary indeed. They should've just gone with Natsu's plan and burned the entire place down.

Including the women :p

Edit: yeah about Lucy, nothing but jokes and fanservice with that girl.

xDarkMaster
Mon, 09-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Damn, when I was looking at the RAW I thought he rejected Lucy cause he noticed the FT mark on her hand, but he really does think she's ugly lol. Maybe he should see her in the bathtub before making any decisions. :p

So, I'm guessing the hitler guy wrote the book?

Lucy seems to be the butt of every joke here. Poor girl...

I think it was b/c he saw the mark, look at the last page.

Deblas
Mon, 09-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I think it was b/c he saw the mark, look at the last page.

Of course it was because he saw the mark, but I thought he actually found her pretty attractive.

She was dumb enough not to hide it, But I wish they'd send me someone more beautiful at least.

xDarkMaster
Mon, 09-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Of course it was because he saw the mark, but I thought he actually found her pretty attractive.

IC, when I read you go "but he really does think she's ugly," I thought you thought that was the reason. My mistake.

Honoko
Mon, 09-11-2006, 09:34 PM
What I'm trying to figure out is, is Lucy the main character or just a side character who helps narrate Natsu's story? Relying on summoning spirits in order to make things happen isn't exactly my favorite way of doing things =P So far, I don't really like her character =T It's reading about everyone else that's motivating me to keep up with this.

Deblas
Mon, 09-11-2006, 11:07 PM
I find that both of them are the main characters (Maybe Natsu is the main MAIN character and I guess you could count Happy as being the third). Natsu already has a backstory that will be addressed many times throughout the series with his quest to find his disappeared foster dragon parent, but it seems Lucy also has a hidden "suffering" in her that will also be addressed in the story.

If there are any side characters I would say its Gray, Loki and the rest of the FT gang.

EDIT: RAW is out for chapter 6. Go get it at Ritual Scan.

Stoopider
Wed, 09-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Whats with this 'hidden' suffering. It's so ONe Piece. Lol.

Why can't they have a normal or at least sub-normal upbringing for once. The emphasis is too obvious.

Deblas
Mon, 09-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Chapter 6 Scanlated

Hehe....Ninjas.

Stoopider
Mon, 09-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Its out! HUrrah.

Heheh. Ninja's. I wonder whats in store in that book? A new spell for Lucy I wonder?

I wonder if Happy has another spell up it's sleeves either than wings. I like Happy's new mask. I wish he would keep it.

kAi
Mon, 09-18-2006, 09:51 AM
These guys don't look like nothing special, and they are mama's boys.

He says flame mages are the easiest for him, and that looks like a big frying pan or something, probably absorbs the heat.

Yeah, I also liked Happy's mask.

X-plicit
Mon, 09-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Yay, thanks for the chapter.

So far I've read up to chapter 5 and that Hitler guy is cool. ;] I look forward to seeing that one guy, the one who only wore boxers.

xDarkMaster
Tue, 09-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Sweet chapter, looking forward to the fight. All the previous fights left me wanting to see what Natsu could do in a real battle against someone who isn't a pussy.

Honoko
Tue, 09-19-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm looking forward to all the fights too. But if Lucy doesn't put up much of a fight and/or needs to get rescued after Natsu beats the crap out of those two guys, I'm gonna be hugely disappointed.

Seraph
Tue, 09-19-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm guessing that this upcoming fight is here to just show more of Natsu's abilities as a magic user. I don't think the brothers will pose too much of a problem for him. My guess is that the fighting will last maybe 1-2 chapters, hopefully revealing what's so special about the book as well.

kAi
Sat, 09-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Chapter 7 is out, get it at mangatraders.com

Chapter talk:
Just read it, and those guys are complete pussies, no way near compared to him. I thought they would put up more of a fight than that.

Deblas
Sat, 09-30-2006, 12:33 PM
I sort of knew that the fight wasnt going to be all that especially when he said that Flame mages are his specialty since Natsu is not an ordinary flame mage.

but OMG Lucy is going to get raped by that creep! T_T

ChaosK
Sat, 09-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Natsu really just owned them didn't he...is it me or was this chapter shorter? Also, they still didn't tell us the secret in that book. :mad:

xDarkMaster
Sat, 09-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Kinda a disappointment. I really want to see what Natsu can do against people who aren't nubs.

Yeah, the chapters seem to be getting to a normal length now. The 40 page chapters where good while they lasted. :(

Carnage
Sat, 09-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Chapter 8 RAW

xDarkMaster
Fri, 10-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Chapter 8 Scan is up on mangatraders.

Edit: Here's a sendspace link (http://www.sendspace.com/file/w5wlb3).

Knives122
Fri, 10-06-2006, 09:50 AM
There aren't gonna be ugly gorilla women in this ch. are there?

Stoopider
Fri, 10-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks. I wonder whats in the book. Though I thought the part where DUke of Evaroo bribed the apparently powerful mage writer was kinda lame. Could have a better reason. Might as well said that the Duke of Evaroo stole it or something.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-06-2006, 10:10 AM
I was also hoping the secret would be a little more important than that. Not that wrongful imprisonment is a good thing..I was just hoping it might be something bigger than that.

Lucy did allude to some other secret in the book that she wasn't talking about to Evaroo, it better be something good.

Deblas
Fri, 10-06-2006, 02:40 PM
So how does the client know of the secret of the author's imprisonment? I'm guessing he is Kemuzaleon.

And am I the only one who sees something wrong with Virgo being a fatass? Guess that explains why she is "pure". I don't think Lucy will be making any contract with her soon. :rolleyes:

Cancer was cool though...

Knives122
Fri, 10-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah but all he wanted to do was cut her hair.

I am disturbed that the only spirit that the author decides to make ugly and gorilla like is the virgo spirit......

kAi
Fri, 10-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Well, would you do that spirit? heh

I wonder who the client is to the author, if what we heard is the whole story.

ChaosK
Fri, 10-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah but all he wanted to do was cut her hair.

I am disturbed that the only spirit that the author decides to make ugly and gorilla like is the virgo spirit......

:D do you happen to be a virgo? :p

Knives122
Sat, 10-07-2006, 12:32 AM
Yes I am, and I am not happy I got some fat fugugly gorilla women representing my zodiac symbol

I want a recount.

Stoopider
Sat, 10-07-2006, 04:32 AM
I wonder if its just one thing represent the zodiac symbol. Thats kinda distasteful. Hopefully there's more powerful ones out there. Virgo's so easily defeated. It seems like the star constellations are pretty weak. Unless what she has is the weakest one's and becomes stronger.

ChaosK
Sat, 10-07-2006, 10:02 PM
lol maybe when Lucy gets Virgo she'll be more pure.

Honoko
Mon, 10-09-2006, 11:03 PM
It seems like the mangaka's aware of the confusion of who's the main character =P "Aren't you supposed to be the supporting character?!" hehehe :p But I'm glad Lucy's not some pansy. Looks like she can handle herself from time to time.

Anyways, I don't expect a very big storyline to come for another handful of chapters. It's only chapter 8 after all. Patience, people. If you expect greatness too soon maybe you'll be disappointed later.

Stoopider
Tue, 10-10-2006, 03:45 AM
Yeah, I know, especially once the rest of the Fairy Tail guys come into the picture.

But thats the problem about being a One Piece copy-cat. My expectations of this manga is very very very high. It better not dissapoint! :p

Zati
Tue, 10-31-2006, 10:58 PM
KEFI just released chapters 9-12 on there site you to have answer questions to get the DDL heh. Chapter 12 IRC only but not there yet.

Apraxhren
Tue, 10-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Couple of chapters released:

Chapter 09 - Kefi
Chapter 10 - Kefi
Chapter 11 - Kefi
Chapter 12 - Kefi
The chapters should be available on mangatraders shortly.

Deblas
Tue, 10-31-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks, It was about time already. Ohh well, at least we get three whole chapters.

Hehe, nice how they made a quiz and the correct answers will give you the direct download of the chapters. :p

Zati
Tue, 10-31-2006, 11:18 PM
I just uploaded Chapter 9-12 on to mangatraders my name is blasta for anyone that want to get from there. KEFI seem to jointing with Null on One Piece. Lots of stuff being released on Halloween lol.

Honoko
Tue, 10-31-2006, 11:42 PM
Read the first three... I think I'm finally categorizing this manga as one of those "happy-go-lucky" types (if such a type exists). Anyone wanna guess how many chapters it's gonna take before shit goes down and the manga turns (if ever) towards an over-arching storyline? I say 30-ish.

Deblas
Tue, 10-31-2006, 11:49 PM
I go for 20ish

Best thing out of the three chapters?....Erza.:)

lambchopsil
Wed, 11-01-2006, 12:04 AM
I just uploaded Chapter 9-12 on to mangatraders my name is blasta for anyone that want to get from there. KEFI seem to jointing with Null on One Piece. Lots of stuff being released on Halloween lol.
Oh yes, too much stuff was released today...For some reason, Halloween rivaled New Years for about the same amount of manga releases. Although...Christmas beat both of them.

/me had A LOT of fun approving all those releases at B-U (I'm admin there)
That Ookami Nanka Kowaikunai!? release was a pain since all the series info was wrong...

As for KEFI and Fairy Tail, the whole channel jumped up in people like crazy and it started being flooded...

Deblas
Wed, 11-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Is that why I couldn't get into the channel? Well that's what happens when they delayed the scans for a month.

KEFI seem to jointing with Null on One Piece.

They're working on scanlating the Data books if I remember correctly.

Zati
Wed, 11-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Yes the channel was getting flooded lots of people kept joining but I was in the channel early so I got the Chapter 12 release doing that !penguin trigger that ocean made in order to get the release lol and some people are stupid don't read the channel topic at all got some of the KEFI members mad.

Augury
Wed, 11-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Just picked up reading this, and I'm thinking similarily to what people have said - it's already good and looks like it'll get better, although the blatent fanservice with Lucy is a bit disappointing.

Funny faces look like cats! ^^

Zati
Fri, 11-10-2006, 04:01 AM
Nice KEFI just released Chapter 13!

I uploaded on to mangatraders for anyone that wants to get from there.

FrogKing
Fri, 11-10-2006, 11:49 AM
For those like me that too lazy here is a link

ChaosK
Fri, 11-10-2006, 01:19 PM
so who else thinks that "someone" he has to kill is Lucy?

Augury
Fri, 11-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Why Lucy? I'm guessing Erza or Salamander.

ChaosK
Sat, 11-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Why Lucy? I'm guessing Erza or Salamander.

Because Lucy fits the role of damsel in distress.

Munsu
Sat, 11-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Probably someone called Titania.

xDarkMaster
Tue, 12-26-2006, 02:33 PM
HUGE update from KEFI. Chapters 14-19 are out

For you lazy people the password is sinterklaas.

Honoko
Tue, 12-26-2006, 11:52 PM
14: Erza is TOO DAMN COOL
15: Gray was cool too. Revealed plot line cooler.
16: Wow, within these three chapters, this arc got pretty good! Death is served out pretty efficiently so far. Wonder how long that's gonna last.
17: Some plot resolutions are just TOO snug, y'know? No matter... :D
18: Finally, Natsu in some kind of predicament. About time.
19: Totally wrong about the predicament. Was hoping that the old man would get involved somehow. Guess it's not time yet =P

So where's 20?? :p

kAi
Wed, 12-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Wow, this was a nice update, good to read a few chapters in a row like this.
It also seems that they will now release LQ/MQ releases and come back and do HQ releases when they get the volumes.

It was nice that the head people are all close and that's the real mission here, Erza had a pretty cool technique, and she has crazy magic stamina.

Get to see a pretty powerful Natsu, I was wondering when something like this was going to happen when I was reading 14+, and it decided to come.

ChaosK
Wed, 12-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Is it a requirement for shadow users to have their hair like that...?

Erza kicks fucking ass!

Oh yeah Deblas and Knives any more complaints about Virgo?

Also I believe Natsu's attitude towards nakama is the same as Luffy's. :D

Stoopider
Fri, 12-29-2006, 06:16 PM
I just realised the biggest flaw about Fairy Tale. It's too fast paced. One Piece slowly takes its time to build up the characters, the personalities and the story. Here we're seeing from beggining to the end of an arc in 10 chapters. And fighting scene that takes 1 chapter.

animus
Fri, 12-29-2006, 07:34 PM
I have the same opinion as Stoopider. The fights are wayyyy to fast. Gray just whoops that guys ass in like 3 panels. Are they running out of ideas? They don't have any development, by far. All we know is like, Natsu is raised by a dragon, Gray is a nudist, and Erza is the strongest mage in Fairy Tail. Hopefully they'll develop them with an arc for each. If not, the characters don't have enough depth.

kAi
Fri, 12-29-2006, 09:02 PM
I think you guys are being to fast, this is only the very start of a manga that could possibly be very long, quick fights with nobodies is the way to go, you'll start to see it go longer over time, well that's what I think anyway.

Ryllharu
Sat, 12-30-2006, 12:22 AM
I prefer the fights go fast. How aggravating is it to finally get a chapter after 2 or 3 weeks, and see all 11 to 15 pages be 1/5th of a fight? This way, they get a lot more into the story and a lot more done. The Fairy Tail group is pretty large, and I assume they will go into most if not all of them, at least the ones we've seen before.

If you want long drawn out fights that take forever, go back to Bleach or Naruto (or Berserk lately for that matter). I read all three, but I get so impatient with them that now I primarily read shoujo, and after 3 months I pick up all the chapters I missed. Then I might see some storyline. I'd rather see some story put into this series before they bring out the better fighters.

Knives122
Sat, 12-30-2006, 01:13 AM
I like the idea of defeating an enemy in like 5 chp. or so. The enemy's there couple chapters later he's defeated. No long monologue on resolutions the bad guy wants to do, and no dragged out reason on why the protag. wants to defeat the guy.

Gray defeating that one guy was a blessing imo.

ps: I'm happy now that Virgo is no longer a gorilla woman.

Deblas
Sat, 12-30-2006, 11:12 AM
ps: I'm happy now that Virgo is no longer a gorilla woman.

QFT

I agree that the fights are way short but like KAi said, its still just the start.Having really drawn out fights at the start of the series seems boring to me and not such a good idea if there are still characters that need to be introduced and story to be developed. Hell, we still need some background on Loki, Elfman and Kana (their powers at least) and even Gray still. And it looks like Kage will be joining Fairy Tail as well.

It looks to me that the fights are slowly starting to be drawn out though. The Natsu/Eligor fight, although still incredibly short, took two chapters to finish unlike the other ones that took just a few pages.

Also, Just what is up with all this fanservice?! It just needs the girls to take off their tops for this to be considered a soft hentai. =/

Stoopider
Sat, 12-30-2006, 06:35 PM
It's 19 chapters, and this is the ... 4th arc?

1)Starting (meeting Natsu)
2)Saving friend in mountain, those white gorilla's.
3)The weird book, destroying it bla bla with the fat flying man.
4)Now, the death Horn thingy.

They got to slow down, and make an arc truly worth noting about. I think they got a fantastic concept going with all the characters. But it needs some downtime to further explain the world in bite sizes.

Like other people said, I prefer not to compare it with One Piece, but One Piece in 19 chapters, I think Luffy's still trying to convince Zoro to join his crew (?) or is it first time they've met Buggy.

dark maginn
Sat, 12-30-2006, 11:53 PM
i just dl couple chapters and its really good im enjoying it

ChaosK
Sun, 12-31-2006, 01:18 AM
Ah, I wouldn't worry about Fairy Tail going too fast, it'll probably slow down soon enough, i mean can any of you honestly say you haven't enjoyed all 19 chapters thus far? Exactly, I have no doubts in my mind that this manga will be satisfactory.

Honoko
Sun, 12-31-2006, 01:19 AM
Like other people said, I prefer not to compare it with One Piece, but One Piece in 19 chapters, I think Luffy's still trying to convince Zoro to join his crew (?) or is it first time they've met Buggy.
But since you did compare it to OP (:p) I would like to point out that in FT, the crew's already there so we have to get to know everyone (somewhat) before getting into some meaty storyline. Whereas, for OP, picking up the crew is part of the adventure (actually, it's pretty much what's carried that storyline/theme the entire time).

Again, patience patience. I would love to see Natsu meet his match, but for now, I enjoy seeing heaps of "obstacles" heaped upon him only to turn one page and see him blow away everything with a simple fist.

lambchopsil
Thu, 01-11-2007, 02:12 AM
If anyone cares, ch20 is out

X-plicit
Thu, 01-11-2007, 05:56 PM
I care! Kinda insteresting chapter though. But I think all of this guild members that are there can pwn that monster pretty easily.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 01-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/uwm75r) is a sendspace link. Doesn't look like this arc is over yet after all.

Munsu
Thu, 01-11-2007, 06:34 PM
I thought this chapter was very weak. The final pages were good though, hopefully next chapter will be much better.

kAi
Fri, 01-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Chapter 21 is out, you can get it from their IRC channel
#kefi @ irchighway

Death13a
Fri, 01-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Read 21 and aren't those three little too much with magic depleted and take one supposedly very powerfull demon so quickly.

xDarkMaster
Fri, 01-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Here is a link for the lazy.

Honoko
Fri, 01-19-2007, 11:07 PM
All I have to say is... when shit finally goes down, the super-villain(s) better live up to all this expectation. It's obvious that the mangaka is building up Fairy Tale's invincible image a LOT so the pay off when we finally meet their true nemesis has to be good. What will it take to break them? Or at the very least, nearly break them?

X-plicit
Sat, 01-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Wow, all those moves were just pwnage.

kAi
Wed, 01-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Chapter 22 is out by KEFI
You can get it from their site or IRC channel.

Chapter talk
It would be good to see how the fight went, but by god damn council messenger, and a frog one at that had to interupt. I didn't think something like that was going to happen, but should've been expecting something like it..

Elyne
Wed, 01-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Shouldn't Natsu be the one to get charged with distruction of property instead of Erza. If I remember correctly he was the one kicking in all the walls instad of using the doors. But then Again, he said 11 other crimes, which got to be something we've not seen and pretty bad ones at that.

ChaosK
Wed, 01-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Shouldn't Natsu be the one to get charged with distruction of property instead of Erza. If I remember correctly he was the one kicking in all the walls instad of using the doors. But then Again, he said 11 other crimes, which got to be something we've not seen and pretty bad ones at that.

Well from what we've seen of Erza's personality, it's more like if she ends up saving most of the town, she's fine with destroying a few blocks.

Elyne
Thu, 02-01-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm not saying she's any better then him, or the rest of Fairy Tale it seems, but in this Arc I'd say Natsu stood for most of the property destruction. But guess it also might be someone that dosen't think to fondly of Fairy Tale and want to limit their power.

Since if they refuse(or just do something stupid) that person could use it to make Fairy Tale's reputation sink and/or maybe try to get them branded as a dark guild? That is what I think at least.

Munsu
Sat, 02-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Chapter 23 and Omake are out, don't have a link for them at the moment though.

ChaosK
Sun, 02-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Chapter 23

kAi
Thu, 02-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Chapter 24 is out by KEFI
You can get it from their site kefi.org

He should be able to perform this S class job, but I wonder if he'll get any help or someone will follow him or something like that.

X-plicit
Fri, 02-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Think there's a good chance of this becoming an anime? I would love to see the fights animated.

kAi
Wed, 02-28-2007, 04:23 AM
Chapter 25 has been released by KEFI.org

Think there's a good chance of this becoming an anime? I would love to see the fights animated.
Yeah, there is a good chance of this, but not for at least another 100 chapters, so it actually has something it can develop into animation.

Chapter Talk
I liked this chapter, it's a good setup for this arc, and a good way of bringing another mage along. This seems like an arc where it could last a little longer than the following ones, they could do something with this, as there is alot riding on this mission, even once they return.

Munsu
Fri, 03-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Has there bean any mention of Lucy hating her dad in previous chapters?

kAi
Fri, 03-02-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been mentioned before. With that information from that latest chapter it might be that her dad could be a big time bad mage, or I'm just hoping for it, heh.

Honoko
Fri, 03-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Once? Something along the lines of, "Can't let my dad know about anything that I'm doing..." I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining this...

animus
Tue, 03-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Fairy Tail Chapter 26

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-20-2007, 08:12 PM
The Lucy-ecchi was in high form in this chapter, you could see down her chest in almost every panel she appeared in. At least the author acknowledges it with the "Strip the girl!" line. I laughed pretty hard at that.

Munsu
Tue, 03-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Hmm, so now we have to destroy the moon... What's next, destroy entire solar systems?

animus
Wed, 03-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Lol, I'm sure it won't be anything as drastic as destroying the moon. They'll probably end up finding the source of this "curse".

Munsu
Sun, 03-25-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm sure it'll become one eventually, it's still to early for it to become one.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 04-04-2007, 06:45 PM
New chapters out, 27, 28 and 29. Get them here from the KEFI

kAi
Fri, 04-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Chapters are available upto 34, get them from mangatraders or kefi.

Honoko
Fri, 04-27-2007, 06:28 PM
35 came out today as well.

Apraxhren
Thu, 05-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Just noticed chapter 36 was released a few days ago.

X-plicit
Tue, 05-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the link.

Yay next chapter should be some history of Gray.

X-plicit
Wed, 06-06-2007, 07:45 PM
37 and 38 are out thanks to KEFI!

ChaosK
Wed, 06-06-2007, 08:16 PM
For you lazy bastards...

Chapter 37
Chapter 38

animus
Wed, 06-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Only interesting thing in these two chapters is we found out how Gray got his nudist behavior.

ChaosK
Wed, 06-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Only interesting thing in these two chapters is we found out how Gray got his nudist behavior.

Yeah I was laughing my ass off at that point.

I dunno, Gray going in "ice shell" posture seems pretty sick at the moment...

X-plicit
Sat, 06-09-2007, 01:18 PM
I think someone will stop Gray from using it?

Apraxhren
Sun, 06-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Chapter 39 by KEFI

?igma
Wed, 06-20-2007, 09:53 AM
ch 40 on the mainpage

ch 40
ch 41

X-plicit
Sun, 07-08-2007, 04:47 PM
42's out, can't wait for 43 to see what happens.

kAi
Thu, 07-12-2007, 06:06 PM
KEFI has released 43.

Chapter talk
A nice way to go about finishing it off, didn't expect that really.

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Though Deliora is gone, it's not over yet, Chapter 44 continues with the story.

What I like a lot about Fairy Tail is the shorts arcs that come to swift conclusions. Fairy Tail [the guild] is supposed to be one of the strongest in the world, so it makes sense that they finish their quests with some speed. I like how Lucy's slutty style is pointed out by some of the random side characters (proving she's intentionally projecting herself as a sex object, instead of doing it innocently), Natsu has a few enlightening moments (he's neither the eternally stupid nor endlessly upbeat main character), Erza even has her own set of inner failings (vanity for fashionable armor, rare clumsy moments). It makes them all more human.

The skills displayed by their Guild also keep the readers from having to endure a 30 chapter story arc so early. The author learned a lot from the failings within the writing of Rave Master.

Foomanchew24
Sat, 07-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Chapters 45 and 46 are out Nice wrap up to the arc and some new bad guys to look forward to with the start of a new arc. Good times

ChaosK
Tue, 07-24-2007, 01:27 AM
I was kinda looking forward to what punishment Natsu and Grey feared so much but you know...totem poles in your guild...that's bad too.

Foomanchew24
Tue, 07-31-2007, 12:34 AM
Chapter 47 out

also for those who didnt know:
Fairy Tail Licensed!
July 28, 2007, 05:39:30 PM by barbapapa

Yep; Del Rey just announced their acquisition of Fairy Tail on the San Diego Comic Con 2007.
The first volume will be released in April 2008. I'm surprised to see it happen so early, but I guess it goes to show this manga is HOT! I'm personally quite proud to see it licensed, as we were the first ones that introduced the English-reading world to it.
Anyway, make sure you buy it if you can! Our old releases will go offline as soon as Del Rey releases the corresponding volume. But for now I don't think you should worry about your weekly Fairy Tail fix here at KEFI. I'm fairly certain most of the staff is still motivated to work on it; and we'll do our best to stay ahead of the official releases. Part of keeping the hype alive, and not letting people down who've been sucked in by the exciting proceedings in the world of Fairy Tail as of late.

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-31-2007, 07:00 AM
I actually think I will start picking up the books. Del Rey does a really good job lately, and I like the way Fairy Tail has been done so far, short story arcs and good characters.

Now we've started a death match between two guilds. The question remains which of Fairy Tails main (to the audience) group will be fighting the "Iron Dragon"? Natsu remains the obvious choice, since Gray just had his big fight. Erza seems like the type who would fight really well but lose to the guy, because their fighting styles are too different. There's always Lucy the sex object, who hasn't had much focal time. She's just gotten a new high-end key we've yet to see.

It'll still probably be Natsu. Piss him off enough, even though he already is, and he'll just slag the guy. Fire melts iron anyway.

Foomanchew24
Mon, 08-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Chapter 48 out now enjoy.

Honoko
Mon, 08-06-2007, 08:22 PM
The plot thickens. Good chapter. I'm intrigued by Jubia's referring to Lucy with an honorific but pissed that Lucy dropped her keys.

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-06-2007, 09:31 PM
They did mention somewhere that Lucy doesn't really like her father. It was in one of the character intro pages or something.

Lucy appears to be someone of significance. Was she captured for a client (most likely her father) or did they intend to bring her into their guild?

It sucks that she dropped her keys. Lucy really hasn't had that much time to shine, and it's implied that the ecliptical keys like the one she just got are really powerful.

animus
Mon, 08-06-2007, 10:36 PM
This arcs starting to get amazing. To be honest, when i saw that huge 1 page panel or whatever of all of Fairy Tail busting into Phantom HQ, I got goosebumps.

kAi
Tue, 08-07-2007, 03:31 AM
Just caught up on this, got to read a couple chapters.

When I saw the old man just laughing it off and smacking lucy's ass, it was cool.
Then seeing him pissed off was awesome, will be good to see some more of his skills.

Natsu will most likely take on the 'Iron Dragon', then we'll get to see some more of his power, like when he faught that Shinigami guy back before.

When I saw Lucy's keys on the ground, I was more thinking that's what they were after her for.

Foomanchew24
Tue, 08-07-2007, 07:02 PM
They are after her cause she's a hot piece of ass. Do they really need any other reason?

ChaosK
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:03 AM
They did mention somewhere that Lucy doesn't really like her father. It was in one of the character intro pages or something.

It was one of the chapter covers. The identification cards for the guild members. I think it was "Dislikes: her father" like that. If not, I have no clue.

Honoko
Wed, 08-08-2007, 05:54 PM
^ Yeah, I remember reading that too.

Anyways, ch.49 out. Go get it at your usual places...

Personally, I am dissatisfied at the recent turn of events w/ the Sorrow guy. What a cheap-ass way to pwn someone. Hmph.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 08-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Well Natsu doesnt need magic to pawn. Rather cheap ass ability like you say.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I swear, if Lucy turns out to be a princess...

At least we get to find out next chapter. She's probably the daughter of some famous author or her father is considered the greatest of the great mages. She does like to write (something I don't remember being mentioned until recently, I think I need a re-read). The "-sama" tips us off that she's probably a lot more important than that.

I thought the battle was rather uneventful as a whole. Not enough Erza.

Honoko
Thu, 08-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Well Natsu doesnt need magic to pawn. Rather cheap ass ability like you say.
Well, not really. Given all the hype about the old man's abilities, his rank and reputation etc., he was surprisingly easy to defeat. I was disappointed with that. Hence the term "cheap ass". Whereas with Natsu, I have yet to really see him in a pinch.

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-27-2007, 05:30 AM
[Kefi] - Chapter 50

Well, at least she's just a hyper-rich girl, and not another princess in hiding. That I can handle.

I do really enjoy how there's at least a small resolution by the third chapter or so of every arc. Though the feud with Phantom is far from over, Lucy at least is back, and she more or less saved herself.

Foomanchew24
Tue, 08-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Chapter 51 now released as well enjoy.

animus
Tue, 08-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Best scene in the chapter has to be the Erza shower scene.

Foomanchew24
Tue, 09-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Chapter 52.....

animus
Tue, 09-11-2007, 04:20 PM
I see more Erza boobies.

Foomanchew24
Tue, 09-11-2007, 05:48 PM
The art was really nice this chapter, especially pages 4 and 5. I really liked the lighting at the bottom of page 5. Too bad Ezra didn't last longer, guess it's up to Natsu to save the day.

Knives122
Tue, 09-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Pretty obvious that the guy Natsu's about to fight can control your movements like a puppet. Too bad for Erza.

Belial
Wed, 09-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Pretty obvious that the guy Natsu's about to fight can control your movements like a puppet. Too bad for Erza.

think its more likely he can control fire, his name is "Totomaru the great fire"

just hoping Natsu will defeat him in another way then releasing a ubah dragon fire that this guy cant control ^^

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-12-2007, 07:30 AM
They've been surprising us so far with simple ends to fights, or Natsu's idiotic solutions. He stopped the Moon Drip by destroying half the temple, the giant demon shattered the second it tried to move, etc.

Natsu should goad the guy into controlling Natsu in some what that would destroy the machine, but he's definitely too stupid to pull that off. Something much more entertaining will probably happen.

I still wonder what happened to Lucy's keys. She would have fought at least a little in the last battle. They must still be on the street somewhere.

animus
Wed, 09-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Hmm, there's a chapter 53 out by a group called Natsu-kun

Foomanchew24
Fri, 09-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I went ahead and read chapters 53 and 54 from the other group, if you dont like it looking nice then it seems fine. I think I will wait for kefi to release from now on though. 53 is by far one of the best chapters of Fairy Tale in it's short history.

Augury
Tue, 09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
KEFI has released 53 (. Also on the same post is news that they'll be dropping Fairy Tail, so I've gone ahead and read 54 and 55

I think I'm at the point where I've read too much shounen and the cliches are starting to make me feel lame. There are just some things that must / must not happen that ends up making the storytelling... well... not too good. I feel like it's a cross between a love-hate relationship and addiction: I'm willing to follow these stories but summarily end up disappointed more than half of the time.

Foomanchew24
Thu, 09-27-2007, 09:34 PM
56 is ot by frankyhouse, go get it

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-27-2007, 10:03 PM
It's hard for me to not be surprised by these chapters. Seems like typical shonen series, but it never really seems to take itself seriously. Gray and the rain Element mage are a perfect example. She nearly leaves at the beginning of the fight after blushing. That made me smile. I knew that something would force Gray to remove his clothes, and then she'd go nuts.

Low blow to the seriousness of the series, but it made me laugh. I really like series that don't try to take themselves too seriously.

animus
Thu, 09-27-2007, 10:44 PM
It's very similiar to One Piece (though despite what people say, there are some noticable differences in the art), share the comedy situations in general. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 10-15-2007, 06:30 AM
i'm really liking this manga a lot wouldn't be surprised if this became the next big shonen show like naruto, bleach and one piece and here a link to chap 57 and 58

Munsu
Thu, 12-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Well I finally caught up, here's chapter 66:

The fight between the two guilds have been fun... I'm glad that none of the fights have been dragging, well non of the fights in the series have been which is nice. It was also nice to see two of the powerful mages fight this early in the series.

Death13a
Thu, 12-06-2007, 02:58 PM
And what's up with so many 7s and 2 dragons disappearing? I wander why dragons would teach humans dragon slaying ability?

Munsu
Thu, 12-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Well, mainly because this is Japanese that we're talking about. They probably look at it as "a dragon that slays" rather than "a person that slays dragons".

Kraco
Fri, 12-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Ah, a very good point, Bud. I was also wondering that, but I just put it down to the Japanese; they are so crazy you never know what they might be thinking. But your reasoning surely sounds a lot more convincing!

Munsu
Sat, 12-08-2007, 01:32 AM
The other possibility is that it may actually be magic to kill dragons, like maybe dragons kill each other... who knows, but it is ironic indeed.

Munsu
Thu, 12-13-2007, 12:09 AM
And here's 67:

Kraco
Thu, 12-13-2007, 05:19 AM
Well, you could say this is cliched development. I wish it hadn't happened this way but on the other hand I suppose it was inevitable sooner or later. When they introduce a character who ran away from home and then suggest the old man might want the person back, you know it will get resolved at some point one way or another. Still, I wish once in my life I'd see a story where the person would ask her friends to back her up, especially after those friends have repeatedly indicated they willingly would.

kAi
Thu, 12-13-2007, 07:24 PM
I thought the other dragon guy was going to join Fairy Tail there for a second.

Ryllharu
Thu, 12-13-2007, 07:45 PM
It looks like the rain woman might, if she can seduce Gray properly that is. The short parts with her stalking him from around corners had me laughing. At first I was a little surprised that Nastu and Gray didn't notice her at all, but they're pretty laid back when they're not fighting anything.

Munsu
Fri, 01-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Well, you could say this is cliched development. I wish it hadn't happened this way but on the other hand I suppose it was inevitable sooner or later. When they introduce a character who ran away from home and then suggest the old man might want the person back, you know it will get resolved at some point one way or another. Still, I wish once in my life I'd see a story where the person would ask her friends to back her up, especially after those friends have repeatedly indicated they willingly would.
Well, 68 is out... and I bet you didn't think it was going to develop this way...

Kraco
Fri, 01-04-2008, 01:56 PM
You just won a bet, Bud... Nothing makes me happier than being proven wrong when I cynically think things are proceeding to a bad direction.

animus
Fri, 01-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Got to see some Lucy's undergarments atleast!

Munsu
Mon, 02-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Just caught up to chapter 73...

I'd say the last 3 chapters have been quite good, being in the middle of a Loki centered arc and all. I think his back story took me by surprise, and it has been quite interesting overall.

Kraco
Mon, 02-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Aye, I have to agree. I would never have guessed his background. Better that way, though.

I wish this series had a bit stronger backstory in general, though. It has been sidequests all the way through, pretty much. Naturally it has developed characters but it would be good to have something grand going on.

Munsu
Mon, 02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
There is, we just haven't gotten to the gist of it yet... with the whole evil group lurking around trying to destroy Fairy Tail and it's chief. Especially Sieglein, Urtear, and his group, who seems to be after Natsu and Erza. It's been slow building, but I'm sure we'll get rewarded at some point. We got a bit of development from the Demon Island arc and from the aftermath of the Guild vs Guild battle. Many of the arcs we've seen in the past have been some sort of conspiracy from the Magic Council, so there's certainly something going on... we've just gotten very small pieces of the puzzle.

Munsu
Sun, 02-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Well 74 is out.....

I thought it was lame... a lot of build-up for a shitty climax/conclusion.

6Zabuza9
Fri, 02-22-2008, 01:08 AM
ya, i thought the loki story was pretty lame too. the next arc is so random too. SQUARE MAN?

Assassin
Sat, 03-01-2008, 03:20 PM
well i just caught up to the latest chapter. i gotta say, i absolutely love this manga. Its exactly what i've been looking for. I really like magic/fantasy based mangas and fairy tail really delivers, with great characters, awesome sotry arcs and good art.

It seems though that the chapter releases arent weekly....the scanlated ones anyway. How often are the chapters usually released?

As for the current story arc, it seems interesting. We finally get some background on erza. I didn't like how she looked so scared of these guys though. And it would really suck if any of them turned out to be as strong as her. I mean she went toe to toe with Jose after stoping a giant magical energy ball with her body....thats pretty badass.

Also, i wonder if we'll ever get to see luxus and mist gun fight. i really wanna see what they're capable of.

Munsu
Tue, 03-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Just caught up to chapter 77...

This arc looks promising with Erza's past, and it looks like we'll learn a lot about Sieglein (Jeral), so one of the main bad guys should finally reveal his true nature. And Erza wasn't really scared of those guys, she was simply shocked to see them, etc.

Kraco
Tue, 03-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Erza's childhood doesn't look like a very happy one. The boss of that gang should be a pretty badass villain, considering the level of power of his underlings.

Munsu
Sun, 03-16-2008, 07:19 AM
78 by Binktopia:

You know, now I'm wondering if Jeral and Sieglein are indeed the same person... they might just be brothers or twins or some shit. The reason is that he's at the council meeting, while it was alluded to earlier that Jeral was at the tower. The scene might've occured at different points in time, but I think they made it look as if it were occuring concurrently. Anyways, Erza got her powers back... let's see if she kicks some ass in the next chapter.

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-16-2008, 09:46 AM
He is supposedly a super powerful mage if it is on the guild council or what ever they call it. Not that this manga has really illustrated a whole lot of teleporting back and forth, but I would not exclude that possibility. Though Jeral could very well be a childhood nickname, as the group of child-slaves had one for Erza and a few of the others as well.

Still, if they are the same person, the connections are really beginning to fall into place. Sieglein is tied directly to Erza, one of his subordinates is Urd's (sp? Gray's teacher in any case) sister, and I'm sure Lucy and Natsu will have something pop up too, or at least Natsu as Lucy was always a bit of an outsider having lived the pampered life and the issue with her father resolved.

Munsu
Sun, 03-16-2008, 09:52 AM
If I remember correctly, Sieglein is very interested in Natsu so surely there will be some sort of connection there... probably because of Natsu's dragon master.

Everon
Thu, 03-20-2008, 06:46 PM
79 is out by Binktopia. No torrent yet. But you can read it online here:

Jubia is such an jealous, flippant girl. I hope we get to see her more of her in the series. Her personality is priceless.

Seems like Seig and Jeral are two different people. Or he's using magic. Or time travel. Or something. With these types of manga, anything goes.

Munsu
Fri, 03-21-2008, 03:04 PM
79 is out by Binktopia. No torrent yet. But you can read it online here:

Jubia is such an jealous, flippant girl. I hope we get to see her more of her in the series. Her personality is priceless.

Seems like Seig and Jeral are two different people. Or he's using magic. Or time travel. Or something. With these types of manga, anything goes.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same... maybe making a double of himself, and he somehow needs the energy of that powerful weapon to make the tower work.

Assassin
Fri, 03-21-2008, 06:28 PM
the more important question is, who are they trying to bring back?

Munsu
Thu, 03-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Here's 80:

Everon
Wed, 04-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I ended up going back to find the chapter where we first see Seig/Jeral (ch 23). It seems like he can use magic to create an imaginary body.

Munsu
Thu, 04-03-2008, 08:50 AM
I ended up going back to find the chapter where we first see Seig/Jeral (ch 23). It seems like he can use magic to create an imaginary body.
Wow, that's quite interesting... I think I'm going to take a look myself.

Great catch.

Kraco
Thu, 04-03-2008, 04:17 PM
c81v2

- - - - -

After reading c81 I doubt there's much the fellow can't do. Assuming the evil long dead super wizard really possessed him or otherwise became his mentor.

Assassin
Sun, 04-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Chp 83 and 84 are out...get them at mangatraders.

seems like the fighting is going to start next chapter

Munsu
Sat, 05-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Just read the latest two...

It's quite cool that they're tying the ice demon to this great evil mage. I also felt the final scene in chapter 83 was one of the truely funny moments of this series. Chapter 84, was overall a fun chapter... the fight was meant as a comedy rather than serious, but it was a good one. As you said, it looks like the heavy hitters are coming out in the next chapter.

*Neko Fire*

Munsu
Sun, 05-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Here's 85 by F-H:

Ryllharu
Sat, 05-17-2008, 05:23 AM
Chapter 86 is out, you can find it on mangatraders.

Jubia didn't look like she'd be much help at all to Lucy anyway, with the Rock guy absorbing the water into his hair anyway.

But Jeral writing off Lucy is probably going to be a mistake. She might be weaker than most of the other mages in Fairy Tail, but she's still really smart, and just recently made a pact with Leo (or Loki as we better knew him). She has yet to summon him since, and all three of these villains have bird characteristics, and are all part of Trinity Raven. Cats eat birds. Simple as that.

Munsu
Sat, 05-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I think we'll see some Loki here... I want her to also summon the horny bull to see how he handles Lluvia.

Since Jeral and Seig look so similar, I wonder why Erza never make mention of him when she was around Seig, even though they clearly share some past too. I still can't figure out how Seig and Jeral are related, but I'm sure they are somehow.

Seven against 3... I'm hoping to see at least one battle with multiple people combining their powers in a strategy to take down one of the evil guys. And how stupid was the guy that turned Erza until a card? Not only can't she now not fight, but he moronicly takes her towards Jeral? His he dumb or what?

Knives122
Thu, 05-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Ch. 87

Seriously this manga honestly has no bad chapters. What Lucy did was not only awesome but what happened at the end was hilarious.

Assassin
Thu, 05-22-2008, 03:49 AM
the magical fusion thing kinda annoyed me...its too random and cliche at the same time. would've been nice if we had some mention of fusion prior to this.

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-11-2008, 05:30 PM
[Chapter 90

[Spoilers Below]

It seems this chapter settles the differences between Jeral/Gerad/whatever and Seig. In the words of Everon:

he's using magic. Or time travel. Or something. With these types of manga, anything goes.I guess Seig is some sort of clone or temporary magical double (same thing I suppose...)

They don't say it explicitly, but I'm sure they will very soon. And of course we knew the guy who captured Erza in the card was a big pussy. Ikaruga is pretty cool so far.

I like the Erza eyecatch at the beginning of the chapter a lot.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-16-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm really pissed how Natsu always gets himself defeated by the weakest enemies. Everyone speaks about his potential then he suddenly gets fucking eaten? Granted, he didn't have as strong a motivation as the rest not having heard of Erza's story, plus his weakness was used against him, but death is death. Potential or power is absolutely useless if he just gets beaten.

Doesn't this arc remind anyone of Nami's (OP) backstory?

Assassin
Mon, 06-16-2008, 08:13 PM
good chapter (or chapters rather)...i have a feeling Seig is like the 'good' version of jeral. Like, who jeral used to be before the revolt 8 years ago. Maybe when Zeref took him over, a small part of him used magic to create a 'backup' so the real jeral would not be lost.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Great idea. That's probably the most plausible one posited so far.

Kraco
Tue, 06-17-2008, 06:46 AM
I still can't help but think they actually need the orbital cannon for powering the resurrection and so convincing the council to use it is a part of the bigger plan.

Assassin
Tue, 06-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Ya i get that feeling too, but at the same time, his behavior in front of the council and with urtear makes it seem like his plans are different then jerals. Maybe he's altered the canon somehow, and intead of reviving zeref like jeral wants, it'll actuall weaken him or something....i dunno, its hard to tell, theres still too much mystery around these characters.

Kraco
Thu, 07-10-2008, 06:11 AM
After chapter 94...

Ha! I totally guessed it correctly. Well, not that it would have been such a grand mystery.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-10-2008, 01:50 PM
I just read the latest chapter, and I must say I am really excited. I know it isn't the most unexpected of twists, but the fact that only Erza and Natsu are left in the tower (two of my favorite characters in FT) and Erza is probably gonna get beaten soon, a Natsu comeback will be in order. Let's see what hidden power that fire brat has within him.

I like the title of the next chapter too.

Archangel
Sun, 05-10-2009, 07:13 PM
I've just started reading this

Are there any rumors or solid info on an anime version yet?

Augury
Mon, 05-11-2009, 04:40 AM
I heard that the author declined anime requests because he wanted the series to run longer before starting an anime. I don't have any hard info or sources to link to on that though.

Archangel
Mon, 05-11-2009, 07:42 AM
I heard that the author declined anime requests because he wanted the series to run longer before starting an anime. I don't have any hard info or sources to link to on that though.

Wow of that's true i'm very impressed with him O_o

Dark Dragon
Mon, 05-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Maybe he's still bitter about how they screwed up Groodve Adventure Grave (Hell, i still am).

Archangel
Thu, 05-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Lets get this thread back on track

Chapter 134

Wow... impressive.

In fact, maybe a bit too impressive. The way how they completely destroyed them in a 9 on 5 match is gonna make a comeback look unrealistic, unless this Wendy chick does something about it.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Wendy probably has an imbalanced magic canceling power which will allow them to make that unrealistic comeback. Still kind of absurd how they were beat down so badly. I know Natsu takes a while to get his engine running, but even Erza? She is like the most consistently powerful character in this series, and she gets taken down by a snake bite.

Archangel
Mon, 05-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Chapter 135

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A dragon slayer ??? Well that came out of nowhere.

That means she eats air? O_o
Wouldn't that make her invincible?

This chapter rose more questions than it did answers

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 05-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Either she eats and is invincible or she eats air based spells....

But yeah that came out of nowhere. Didn't think Erza would have seriously wanted to get her arm chopped off for the sake of the mission.

Ryllharu
Mon, 05-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Ugh, how the hell could whoever translated that use "Elza" instead of Erza? The official romanizations of the names are in the North American volumes by Del Rey. There is absolutely no excuse for mistranslating any of the names.

It sounded more like Wendy eats magic. She has healing spells and other abilities like that, so it is a far cry from eating fire or metal.

Erza always goes overboard...but that's her charm.

Archangel
Mon, 05-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Well apparently she's only good for support spells so she can't actually fight

That would make the ability to eat air less of an haxx

Augury
Tue, 05-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Ugh, how the hell could whoever translated that use "Elza" instead of Erza? The official romanizations of the names are in the North American volumes by Del Rey. There is absolutely no excuse for mistranslating any of the names.

There was actually a discussion about the translation of Erza's name on another forum. Apparently it was printed as "Elza" in the manga on her tombstone during her "funeral" after the Tower of Paradise arc. I'd prefer if they stuck with Erza though - it sounds better, and doesn't disrupt scanlation continuity.

Wendy being a dragon slayer was also hinted at. If your memory is really good (mine isn't) or if you re-read the chapters, there is one part where some sort of light talks to Igneel (Natsu's master/dragon) and mentions that Natsu may meet Wendy someday.

Overall, I'm a bit disappointed with how the story in this arc has played out. There really isn't any good reason for the Oracion Seis to quickly leave other than a plot device to keep the good guys alive.

Archangel
Tue, 05-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Overall, I'm a bit disappointed with how the story in this arc has played out. There really isn't any good reason for the Oracion Seis to quickly leave other than a plot device to keep the good guys alive.

Sure there is

They're on a deadline to get the magic that's rotting the land

Munsu
Wed, 05-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Also, they didn't just leave them there... the dude delivered what might've seemed like the final blow, or quite a strong blow, but were only saved by the arrival of Jura.

Augury
Wed, 05-20-2009, 06:24 AM
I would think that they could at least stay to see the spell finish.

It's somewhat of a single example out of a generalization. I don't think Hiro Mashima's storytelling is as good as a lot of other authors out there, but that doesn't stop me from reading Fairy Tail.

Abdula
Tue, 05-26-2009, 07:17 PM
136 is out by imangascans, apparently she does eat air and there is little twist at the end that I really don't like.

Archangel
Tue, 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Dam Abdula, what a rookie mistake -_-

Not only do you post information relevant to the chapter in your post but you write it before the link? I could have done without the "she eats air" spoiler.

Spoiler or no spoiler it was still pretty funny. I wouldn't really call the ending a twist, I think we pretty much saw Gerard's comeback coming a mile away, it just came sooner than expected.

Abdula
Tue, 05-26-2009, 07:41 PM
:p

Gerard's return was a bit of a surprise to me. Frankly I was hoping he was done with, at least for a while but they screwed that up when they revealed Mistgun's face. I just plain dislike the whole Gerard-Zeref thing. That was probably the worst arc in this manga so far.

Anyway this seems like a good point to take a break and let things develop a bit. I'll get back to this in a few months.

Munsu
Mon, 06-01-2009, 04:37 PM
137 by I Eat Manga:

Carnage
Mon, 06-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Big news next chapter? Maybe an anime series? I mean they are over 130 chapters in. That should last a good 50 - 65 episodes so far.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-01-2009, 08:41 PM
If they draw out the battles to span a few episodes, yes, but I personally hate shows that do that. Fighting is great, but brevity is just as important as good direction and art.

Carnage
Mon, 06-01-2009, 11:20 PM
^^True, a lot of these chapters are just battles, so maybe around 40 episodes for amazing pacing.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-02-2009, 12:06 AM
As long as they don't skimp on the animation, and animate Erza properly, I won't complain. I don't read this manga for the story or comedy anyway.

Titania animated would be orgasmic.

Archangel
Tue, 06-02-2009, 09:37 AM
A One Piece-like animation style would work great for obvious reasons

Munsu
Mon, 06-08-2009, 04:28 PM
138:
link remove.d

Archangel
Mon, 06-08-2009, 05:11 PM
So what does that stuff in the beggining mean?

Are we finally getting an anime adaptation?

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Nope. Mashima Hiro (the author) won the 33rd Kodansha Manga Award (shonen category). Binktopia's version translated the announcment and the praise from other authors, editors and seiyuu (Kawasumi Ayako!) on the second page.

I'll upload the two pages to imageshack in a minute or two.

EDIT:
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3498/39993371.th.jpg (http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3498/39993371.jpg) http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6351/02b.th.png (http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6351/02b.png)

I think the one that caught my eye the most aside from Kawasumi Ayako was the author of Yankee-kun and Megane-chan being one of his former assistants. Given her art style and the style of the humor in that series, it makes perfect sense.

Archangel
Fri, 06-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Well that's disappointing ...

They are waiting way too long to get this animated

Munsu
Thu, 06-18-2009, 11:10 AM
139 from I Eat Manga:

Narasho
Wed, 06-24-2009, 11:52 AM

Next week's page 20 'big news announcement' will hopefully be the production of Fairy Tail into anime form.

Archangel
Wed, 06-24-2009, 02:52 PM
140 (http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/140/01/)

Next week's page 20 'big news announcement' will hopefully be the production of Fairy Tail into anime form.

One can only hope

I doubt Leon is dead. There wasn't enough of a show for that to be his end,

Marik
Sat, 06-27-2009, 05:03 AM
Fairy Tail Manga Gets TV Anime Green-Lit For Fall

This year's 31st issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine will announce next Wednesday that a television anime adaptation of Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail fantasy adventure manga has been green-lit for this fall. The anime studios A-1 Pictures and Satelight will produce the project.

The manga's story follows a teenaged girl named Lucy Heartfilia who aims to join the world's most notorious mage guild, Fairy Tail. During a daring rescue, Lucy encounters Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel, a quirky Fairy Tail member and a teenaged practitioner of the ancient Dragon Slayer magic. Lucy is eventually welcomed into the Fairy Tail guild as she, Natsu, and other members go on various quests together.

Del Rey will publish the seventh volume of the Fairy Tail manga in North America next month. Mashima also created the Monster Hunter Orage manga and the Rave manga, which Tokyopop published in North America under the name Rave Master. Rave was also made into a television anime series. Tokyopop imported the Rave Master anime, and Cartoon Network's Toonami block and Sci Fi and Manga Entertainment's Ani-Monday block both televised the anime in the United States.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-26/fairy-tail-manga-gets-anime-adaptation-green-lit

Archangel
Sat, 06-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Fuck yeah !!!

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Great news. Fairy Tail is a great manga. I hope the animation ends up being as great :)

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-28-2009, 11:37 PM
I hope the animation is really detailed. While there are some similarities between One Piece and Fairy Tail art, the level of detail between the two is quite different. I can only imagine how hot Erza can be with complete details in her armour and swords.

Archangel
Mon, 06-29-2009, 01:35 AM
I hope the animation is really detailed. While there are some similarities between One Piece and Fairy Tail art, the level of detail between the two is quite different. I can only imagine how hot Erza can be with complete details in her armour and swords.

Fap fap fap

Narasho
Tue, 06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
This is good news. I look forward to the anime adaptation.

Also, here's 141

Death BOO Z
Tue, 06-30-2009, 06:26 PM
started reading this, caught up to 141, and now I'm going to sully this thread by posting complaints about this manga as well.

so here we go.

it's great.

Munsu
Wed, 07-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Here's 142, catching up now... I'm 3 chaptes behind:

Foomanchew24
Wed, 07-08-2009, 09:12 PM
The Anime coming out is good news, I wonder if it has a set amount of episodes or if they plan on having it be an ongoing series. The format for the stories seem to be perfect for doing fillers by them doing random jobs for reward money.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Prepare for filler hell then. The series is far from over, and judging from the story type, this might just become the new Naruto/Bleach, and be milked for all it's worth.

Archangel
Thu, 07-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Prepare for filler hell then. The series is far from over, and judging from the story type, this might just become the new Naruto/Bleach, and be milked for all it's worth.

Don't be like that :(

I'm assuming this is going to become the next naruto/bleach too, but the author already had one of his mangas adapted to anime and gone to shit so maybe it will turn out better this time

I can only hope the experience will make him support the adaptation more closely, so if there is fillers he will at least supervise them himself

Dark Dragon
Thu, 07-09-2009, 05:03 AM
Or just hope that it gets the treatment that One Piece gets.

There are fillers but One Piece anime adaptation is still vastly superior to Bleach and Naruto crapfest.

I also think that Fairy Tails has enough contents per chapter to not have the anime catches up to the manga so far.