PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Kraco
Fri, 01-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I was trying to remember anyone from the past who might still remain to hate Gray, but I can't think of anybody. Was it ever told what kind of a man Ul's hubby, and Ultear's dad, was? You'd think Ultear would have sought him out if he was still alive or anybody relevant.

In any case I don't expect he will find much luck in trying to keep Natsu frozen. But on the other hand Natsu is pretty reckless to attack the enemy stronghold alone.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 01-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Oh snap......freeze.

Could be father or brother.

Archangel
Fri, 01-10-2014, 09:21 PM
I predict it will be something stupid

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 01-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Like being related to Ultear? Since they both use Ice and he is older than Gray.

toonice714
Sat, 01-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Gary's father or Ur's relative

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-17-2014, 06:08 AM
well, it was probably for fan-service, but it's really a good idea to take away the cloths from prisoners. makes them much more self concisus and less likely to escape. plus, they can now trick and sniffing bastard and use the clothes as a false lead.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 01-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Looking forward to Elfman going on rampage inside the Guild.

Kraco
Fri, 01-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Looking forward to Elfman going on rampage inside the Guild.

I don't really see how he could last half a minute. I suppose the psychological effect might be larger, although considering it's Fairy Tail we are talking about, the folks should just become all the more pissed off. It would have been far more intelligent to send Elfman back seemingly with a minor memory loss, but in reality have him silently sabotage Fairy Tail from the inside. Who knows, maybe the demon's power is too lousy for such crafty moves and this was the only choice.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 01-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Well that demon can create a Macro for the things he needs to do. So I am wondering which those order. Rampaging right away or wait till he is surrounded by friends and then attack when they least expect it.

toonice714
Sat, 01-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Kinda hoping we would get more info on the other goings on in Tartarus. More specifically with the guy who is reminiscent of Gray.

Kraco
Fri, 01-24-2014, 11:46 AM
368:

Hmm... Elfman was drawn so witless at the end of the previous chapter that I thought he would instantly start to trash things around him, but it seems like he merely looked like shit, nothing more, and the mission in fact was infiltration for larger damage. I blame the drawing style for fooling me.

Was that even the real Jellal? His fighting was so lousy, without any of his trademark moves, aside from speed perhaps, that it's hard not to think it wasn't just a clone or something else he used for a crafty plot. No way the real deal would go down so easily, like some common rabble. Maybe his intention was to fake his own death and thus make the demons careless.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-24-2014, 12:17 PM
the special beam cannon probably just hit the sealing on his body, thus releasing both the new weapon, but also his true(!) power.

this looks more and more like a hentai doujinshi.

toonice714
Fri, 01-24-2014, 03:09 PM
the special beam cannon probably just hit the sealing on his body, thus releasing both the new weapon, but also his true(!) power.

this looks more and more like a hentai doujinshi.

This.
Idk guys the whole thing with this new guy around gray and the fact that Zeref needs Natsu to beat him specifically is strange. Do you guys think Zeref's ultimate plot is to make natsu into such a powerful dragonslayer that he eventually becomes a dragon to beat acnologia?!

Kraco
Fri, 01-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Do you guys think Zeref's ultimate plot is to make natsu into such a powerful dragonslayer that he eventually becomes a dragon to beat acnologia?!

Then they would have Natsulogia instead of Acnologia. Back to square one.

Kraco
Fri, 01-31-2014, 02:17 PM
369:

The magic council must be a metaphor for the Japanese police; an organization with significant authority and indepence yet totally useless and corrupt. I guess Mashima gets a little bit of satisfaction by depicting its destruction in this arc. That would make every Japanese person happy (not counting the policemen themselves and the real criminals who are safe because of the law enforcement's incompetence).

The end of Jellal's fight was utterly predictable, although the idiot ex-chairman actually stealing the key just like that wasn't what I expected. But as soon as he did, I knew the demons would slay him immediately. It was a double-win: They released the last seal and they got rid of a huge liability at the same time.

Archangel
Fri, 01-31-2014, 08:00 PM
These merciless demons are trying to open the seal by slaughtering whoever has the last key, better transfer the key to myself! What can possibly go wrong???

This manga is utter shit.

Carnage
Sat, 02-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Whats worse is if he had fucked up and failed to actually transfer the key, the demons would have lost a member they still very much needed.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 02-01-2014, 07:01 PM
and they got no way to verify what happening with jellal, or any other would-be adversary.
(frieza did always have the tendency of killing his own men...)

they could even keep him alive through the whole plan, and kill him only when they actually kill all the magic in the world.

EDIT:
notice how the cover character page says "don't underestimate chubby people"? in the same chapter that shows the fatso being an idiot and getting screwed over?

toonice714
Sun, 02-23-2014, 09:34 PM
372 is out
I bet this zeref is simply a mirror of his actual power or a representative delivering an ultimatum for the upcoming battles. Honestly I don't see how anything has changed for nasty power/ability/or any type of growth wise. I mean he simply had a short hyperbolic time chamber mode pre tourney and he ate some of atlas flames...well flames. I was under the impression that dragonslayers had to make their magic "evolve" before taking dragon form. Does this mean they are like a saiyan race of mages? Because gray and company are seemingly within the same range. Honestly I stopped attempting to gauge fairy tail character growth in terms of strength like 3 arcs ago but if someone could explain it I could go back to reading the manga for more than the fights being "colorful". Anyways that S&M demon really went down easy. Maybe the new demon they revived will be more impressive. He seems to have no memories at all. And we get a rematch between nastu and the bomb guy potentially

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 03-20-2014, 09:10 AM
376 is out.
Go Wendy Go!

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-20-2014, 09:23 AM
something about the art was weird, but it's nice to see wendy fighting alone and winning for realz.

Kraco
Thu, 03-20-2014, 02:09 PM
It doesn't look like this fight is going to be as cute as some of Wendy's fights...

I don't know why they consider the Face like some irreversible, ultimate doom. There's no way a bunch of cowards like the magic council would have built something like that without the means of turning it off again. In fact since they were so self-serving cowards, there's probably three different, separate ways to reverse the effect. But I suppose preventing its activation in the first place would save lots of lives, which ought to be important in a series where almost nobody ever dies.

I expect Jellal will still play some kind of a role. I don't see why he would have got as many frames as he did otherwise. I doubt his whole part can be just that of a victim of the council members hunt. When this is all over, he should just go forward and be a founding member of the new council. At least it would have a single intelligent member that way, instead of pure fools.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 03-21-2014, 07:06 AM
376.5 out as well.
All Juvia chapter with mostly fanservice and some more Gruvia shipping.

Kraco
Fri, 03-21-2014, 08:23 AM
That was pretty hot fanservice, I should say, but then again, I'm a Juvia fan. It's no wonder Gray is a bit put off by the whole affair if he has seen Juvia's room, though. But even in that case, she's so hot that unless he's gay or asexual, he should just go for it. He has enough bad habits to turn off normal women, so where else could he find one so beautiful, dedicated, and eternally forgiving?

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 03-21-2014, 02:17 PM
I do agree on the level of fanservice beign a Juvia fan myself. Then again If they show the same with Erza and/or Cana I'm happy.

Though even if it was her delusions seeing Gajeel and Levi kiss was great to see.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 03-22-2014, 06:41 AM
IMO, it was kind of light on the Fan service side, only the first few shower panels.

toonice714
Thu, 03-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Surprising because most side missions are FULL fan service chapters. Anyways I'm hopin next chapter we run into the demon that is affiliated with gray to get some background

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-28-2014, 05:55 AM
in those three pages, I thought that the story might actually take the real road and show some balls. serves me right to expect the least bit of it.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 03-28-2014, 10:00 AM
So now we got an Erza side chapter. Always good but without a lot of fanservice. Then again....we've pretty much already seen all of Erza. And we got 2 normal chapters. With Wendy only being able to kick ass for 1 chapter before saving the day. Seriously.....how can you be out of magic Wendy?! You can eat the air...THE AIR in order to regain more.

Archangel
Fri, 03-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Just dropping by to say this is still crap and we're all lesser people for reading it

Kraco
Fri, 03-28-2014, 06:10 PM
So now we got an Erza side chapter. Always good but without a lot of fanservice. Then again....we've pretty much already seen all of Erza. And we got 2 normal chapters. With Wendy only being able to kick ass for 1 chapter before saving the day. Seriously.....how can you be out of magic Wendy?! You can eat the air...THE AIR in order to regain more.

I guess she was too bruised and physically tired to replenish her magic. Plus I seem to recall after using dragon force their aren't ever in the best possible vigor. I didn't consider this a bad chapter, although the self-destruct spell was a bit of a stretch. It's one thing Jellal knows one, but why would Charle, Wendy's exceed, ever learn it?

Augury
Fri, 03-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Just dropping by to say this is still crap and we're all lesser people for reading itSome series just have something that, despite a whole bunch of other glaring flaws, still brings people back to read them week after week. Not sure what that is... I'm still following this, Naruto, and Bleach weekly even though they've fallen so low, but I've stopped reading stuff like Area no Kishi, Gamble Fish, Gintama, and Witch Hunter.

toonice714
Sun, 04-13-2014, 06:19 AM
380 is out and I think we will finally get to see what's in the fairy tail basement!!! I hope that's what hades was mentioning when he said release the light

Kraco
Sun, 04-13-2014, 07:05 AM
380 is out and I think we will finally get to see what's in the fairy tail basement!!! I hope that's what hades was mentioning when he said release the light

Yeah, I agree. It would be about the time as well, to learn that big secret. Though it's not really the basement anymore, it's more like everything that's left of the guild building, har har.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Just dropping by to say this is still crap and we're all lesser people for reading it

Always so helpful Archie :rolleyes:

toonice714
Fri, 04-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Sadly I agree with archangel however I just don't feel like not reading it until I see igneel fight in a flashback or at all. I also just want to know why all the dragons left on 7-7-7777

toonice714
Fri, 05-30-2014, 03:30 PM
I guess Im the only one still folowing on here for discussion but what the hell....
386 is out.
I wonder if the celestial king petrified him for long enough so natsu can finish 2-3 fights before going head on with the demon king. I mean....c'mon. You know its gonna happen. Fatigue?? What's that?

Archangel
Fri, 05-30-2014, 04:20 PM
I guess Im the only one still folowing on here for discussion but what the hell....
386 is out.
I wonder if the celestial king petrified him for long enough so natsu can finish 2-3 fights before going head on with the demon king. I mean....c'mon. You know its gonna happen. Fatigue?? What's that?
Discuss what?

Omg are they gonna lose??! Yay they won!! Ad fucking infinitum

Kraco
Fri, 05-30-2014, 04:47 PM
I have to say I'm going to be disappointed if that scene with Jellal gathering people will amount to absolutely nothing. I've been all the time expecting him to appear to backstab an enemy at a critical moment, but it seems like it's never going to happen. He's one of the oldest recurring charactes outside of FT, and one of the strongest, but we have never seen him in an all out fight where he would have used his best techniques. Like Archie said, this series kind of fails to surprise in fights, and there's little development in fighting skills, so at least it would be nice to see something new for a change, not Natsu's 101st fight that's exactly the same as the 100 fights before. Not to mention I enjoy the awkward relationship between Erza and Jellal. She's showing a side in his company that isn't really seen other times.

toonice714
Sat, 05-31-2014, 10:38 AM
[QUO=Archangel;542374]Discuss what?

Omg are they gonna lose??! Yay they won!! Ad fucking infinitum[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah you're right...idk maN

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-07-2014, 02:56 AM
what's the deal with Japan and missing fathers?

Kraco
Sat, 06-07-2014, 03:47 AM
what's the deal with Japan and missing fathers?

Japan? I thought the most famous one still is, and likely will be for a while, Darth Vader.

Quite a traditional turn in this huge battle, with such pairings. Although the Face situation was a surprise. But considering the idiotic magic council, I guess it makes sense that things will always be worse than they seemed.

Kraco
Fri, 06-13-2014, 05:21 PM
388:

Those two should be of some use. They weren't weak back in the tournament and now they are likely to fight still better since it's not such a fucked up situation as it was back then for Sabertooth. This also means Fairy Tail won't be fighting alone against threats to the world peace like they usually have, which is a welcome dose of realism.

But damn, Wendy! I liked her long hair. Now she will look like a boy if Mashima isn't careful with every panel. I have nothing against tomboyish girls, but still.

Kraco
Sat, 06-21-2014, 06:32 AM
389:

What is this King of Hades anyway? Is he the same as the rest of the so called demons we have seen: a product from Zeref's book? It's a bit strange the Spirit King recognized him immediately if he was nothing but that. That gave an impression he's something more similar to the Spirit King. However, why is he freely walking the mortal world in that case? We had never heard of him before so it's a bit hard to believe he would be a constant element that has been present forever and affected things a lot, to be so well known (unless I just quote Archie and say the writing sucks). If he's nothing but a creature from the book, a person transmutated into a demon, then I don't see why the Spirit King would be even aware of his measly existence.

But then again, if he truly is one of Zeref's demons, then there's no reason why Rogue and Sting working together wouldn't be able to kick his sorry ass back to his precious book. If fact they should steal the book he's hugging all the time like the greatest treasure. That ought to piss him off.

Kraco
Sat, 06-28-2014, 03:18 AM
390:

So, if it was going to be inevitably an "I'm your father" scene, why bother trying to make it any different from the most famous of them all? At least he didn't ask Gray to join his cause. Too bad Ultear isn't really in the business anymore so the demon couldn't add that if Gray doesn't stop him, she's going to fall next...

The leader of the demons needs to die first. He's so bloody annoying with his "You can never beat me. You are only miserable humans. Know your place." attitude. I can't help but wonder if another guild is allowed to defeat such a central villain. Perhaps he will only escape when all the other demons have been defeated, to be dealt with for good by Fairy Tail later.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-28-2014, 04:21 AM
I actually liked this 'Your fathers' body corrupted' bit. much better than the usual ones.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 06-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Agreed, but wasn't Deloria still encased in ice when they went to that Island? Didn't he break down there? That was 7 years ago. Not 10! And it doesn't even make sense he uses ice as well. Why am I even trying to apply logic to it all?

Kraco
Sat, 06-28-2014, 05:08 PM
So, according to ANN, Fairy Tail will get two spinoff manga (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-28/fairy-tail-gets-2-new-manga-spinoffs-including-a-shojo-one/.76029), one them being a shoujo manga to boot. Should be interesting...

Carnage
Fri, 07-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Damn, this week's chapter may have been the first time I've ever been surprised reading this manga.

Kraco
Sat, 07-26-2014, 03:52 AM
394:

I guess Gray is now a full magus that he inherited the magic crest from his father - just like in Nasu's Fate universe! FT maintains admirably the glorious tradition of having zilch originality.

At last Juvia got to show some combat prowess, even if it was exceedingly foreseeable and no twist at all.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 07-26-2014, 07:29 AM
Bout time Gray got his power-up. Then again he was already amongst the strongest of FT without it.

toonice714
Tue, 07-29-2014, 12:30 PM
Gray will probably get made fun of by natsu for trying to copy him haha
Idk I realized that I take certain series too seriously and it kinda just added too much cynicism to simply reading manga that it almost spoiled it. I'm actually enjoying FT's lack of direction and structure

rockmanj
Thu, 07-31-2014, 03:01 PM
Gray will probably get made fun of by natsu for trying to copy him haha
Idk I realized that I take certain series too seriously and it kinda just added too much cynicism to simply reading manga that it almost spoiled it. I'm actually enjoying FT's lack of direction and structure

Yeah, it seems more fun to just go along with the ride and not try to think too hard. I guess this means that Gray will have an easier time killing demons then.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 08-13-2014, 09:19 AM
well, time to shonen up the power of love.
this should have been Gray & Juvia, though.

Kraco
Wed, 08-13-2014, 10:34 AM
well, time to shonen up the power of love.
this should have been Gray & Juvia, though.

It seems to me the more prominent pairings, Natsu+Lucy, Gray+Juvia, Erza+Jellal, aren't getting anywhere, whereas the more subtly established ones, Gajeel+Levy and Elfman+Evergreen, actually make progress. As expected of a textbook shounen.

Sidnne
Wed, 08-13-2014, 11:22 PM
I thought for sure that Gajeel was going to eat the "shadows" that were in the water and gain a power-up that way. That would have been fun.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 08-14-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure if he can. He, like Natsu, can use a second element. But I've never seen them eat it to regain strength.

Sidnne
Thu, 08-14-2014, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure if he can. He, like Natsu, can use a second element. But I've never seen them eat it to regain strength.

There are no rules in Fairy Tail.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 08-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Ch 397 is out.
Well it seems someone gave Gajeel as Steel Coat and traded him.

toonice714
Mon, 09-08-2014, 05:08 AM
399 is out.
First chapter in a while that actually had me hype for the next one. Dragon fight? Dragon fight. You killed my father power - up coming soon for natsu

Death BOO Z
Mon, 09-08-2014, 07:45 AM
exactly, 400 is going to be a spectacle.
maybe Natsu upgrade is going to be black flame eating, which will develop in him a sinister side...

bring it!!!

Kraco
Mon, 09-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Good old Acnologia is back. I join the chorus of expecting nice development and action from the next chapters. Although things could go any way from now on. I still don't see these folks fighting Acnologia. They couldn't even beat regular dragons before. If other dragons appear in numbers, things could change, but at that point humans should be mainly concerned about staying alive.

Archangel
Mon, 09-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Hope he kills them all, for real this time

Sidnne
Fri, 09-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Acnologia gives me chills.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-13-2014, 09:54 AM
well, that should be an amazing fight.

Kraco
Sat, 09-13-2014, 01:05 PM
It would suck if after all this time, the whole series so far, that is, of Natsu yearning to see Igneel again, the dragon would simply get himself killed by challenging Acnologia. Realistically speaking Igneel shouldn't stand a chance, at least alone. If the other dragon slayers (genuine ones, not Laxus) all spit out a dragon, then things certainly could change. Though that still wouldn't guarantee none of them would die.

Sidnne
Sat, 09-13-2014, 03:38 PM
It would suck if after all this time, the whole series so far, that is, of Natsu yearning to see Igneel again, the dragon would simply get himself killed by challenging Acnologia. Realistically speaking Igneel shouldn't stand a chance, at least alone. If the other dragon slayers (genuine ones, not Laxus) all spit out a dragon, then things certainly could change. Though that still wouldn't guarantee none of them would die.

Well, since all the other dragon slayers are also in thu-thump mode, I fully expect them to spit up dragons as well. Although Rogue and Sting's dragons are supposed to be dead. Should be interesting.

Kraco
Sat, 09-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Although Rogue and Sting's dragons are supposed to be dead. Should be interesting.

When this happened with Igneel, I immediately thought that maybe the dragons needed to get rid of their old corporeal bodies to reside inside a dragon slayer. If that's the case, then Natsu, Gajeel & Wendy's dragons might have simply decided to spare themselves from the shame of looking so weak and seemingly dying in front of their underlings, whereas Rogue and Sting's dragons didn't opt to do it. Honestly, if I was a dragon doing it (and my theory was correct), I would rather "die" somewhere out of sight. It would be more mysterious, fitting a legendary creature like a dragon, plus far more dignified. Probably also better for the child dragon slayers, though it's hard to say. Natsu has always been eagerly looking for Igneel, never doubting one day he will find his adopted father, but what would he be like if he had seen Igneel die?

Death BOO Z
Mon, 09-22-2014, 09:54 AM
I can't tell if it's a reasonable Natsu behavior or not...
chapter 401 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/401)

Kraco
Mon, 09-22-2014, 10:16 AM
I can't tell if it's a reasonable Natsu behavior or not...

Reasonable and Natsu rarely see eye to eye. What happened in this chapter was very Natsu like.

I might have actually underestimated Igneel in my earlier post. Acnologia might be the toughest of them all, but that doesn't necessarily mean there would be a huge gap to Igneel, for example. If Igneel is the king of the fire dragons, I'd assume he's also quite badass. It's quite possible Acnologia never fought against the strongest dragons out there. I still think Acnologia is stronger, maybe even significantly, but Igneel might not be throwing his life away, after all. Igneel & the rest might have had some other reasons not to do anything for a long time, basically hiding, leaving the black dragon to his own devices. Maybe something related to the E.N.D.

I kind of doubt Natsu could steal the book and then not open it, especially after having been forbidden it. He's such a kid.

toonice714
Mon, 09-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Igneel is BADASS! I mean acnologia is a dragonslayer but now that he is a full dragon should he still have dragon slaying properties? Well I guess we won't be seeing the iron or sky dragons yet. But I feel like they will come out soon.

Kraco
Sat, 10-11-2014, 01:59 PM
404:

Actually, if you think about it, it could be this has all been for nothing. After all, the magic council is the biggest collection of incompentents the world of magic has ever known, so what are the chances Face would even work? Logically, quite low. The previous great magic weapon, Etherion, actually worked against their wishes when Jellal simply used it to charge his tower's batteries. It didn't destroy shit even thought it was supposed to have the power to annihilate a city or a small country, whatever it was. Of course the demons needs to get their ass kicked, if for nothing else then for blowing up the FT HQ, but on the other hand they should show some leniency because the demons actually did the world a great service by freeing it of the council of idiots.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-11-2014, 03:52 PM
some dragon might sacrifice itself to defuse face. or use the facepower to banish anacologia and themselves away from the battle field for a while.

but yes, Face misfiring because the council is horrible does seem like a logical conclusion. but who built all these ancient weapons? was it the previous council or this one?

toonice714
Sun, 10-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Happy couldn't have said it better, "Because it's ERZA!" Pretty much sums up every FT victory lol. I think that's why I enjoy it. No matter how predictable it gets. At least it's entertaining. I literally expect no depth from this Shonen and it allows me to enjoy it fully! When characters lose badly it's like the biggest attention grabbing moment. Then a good guy wins. Pretty much offering fan service to every character and leaving speculation on who is stronger it the hands of the fans, where it belongs.

Sidnne
Mon, 10-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Chapter 405 (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/405)

So Acnologia can talk? I'm not a fan of it. Him seeming to be a mindless force of destruction was more appealing; giving him a voice and a personality took away all the mystique and terror.

Kraco
Tue, 10-21-2014, 02:19 AM
He was never depicted as a mindless force and it makes sense he can talk, having been a regular human, even if a dragon slayer, in the past. However, I very much agree on the opinion he should have staid silent and thus more mysterious and menacing. Perhaps he could have uttered a few heavy last words upon his ultimate defeat, which likely isn't going to happen any time soon.

toonice714
Tue, 10-21-2014, 10:13 AM
He's like the brolly of the series. I think he will retain that menacing aura in the story

Kraco
Wed, 11-05-2014, 10:38 AM
407:

Good thing Juvia isn't there to see Gray now. She wouldn't be able to keep her panties on. In any case this is undoubtly Gray's moment of glory. He just arrived and seemingly already hit Mard Geer harder than the three dragon slayers combined, assuming the demon king dude doesn't just shake the absolute zero ice off his arm.

I wonder what Mavis's deal is. Why must nobody know of it? Zeref is hanging around all the time (literally), which means he ought to know what lumen histoire is all about as well. The spin-off series revealed Mavis is an illusion mage. That alone could suggest some bullshit like a part of the world of magic is just a grand illusion, but that theory wouldn't hold with Zeref. It's just pretty hard to imagine great many truths about the world that absolutely need to be kept secret.

toonice714
Wed, 11-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Sting and Rouge' s power has ascended to Fairy tail level!! It doesn't matter if you are outclassed in every way, now the true power of selflessness and friendship overcomes logic. There are some animes where characters undergo this background sequence of events to explain growth. Fairy tail just presses FF on development and gives you the outcome. Who knew? If you cut out all the back story from every anime fight and showed the cause, effect and outcome that it looks like a FT arc

Kraco
Wed, 11-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Still, villainy also takes you pretty far. To the second place. Or actually to the first place, until the final fight with Fairy Tail or likeminded comes. Who knows how it all will end with Zeref, at the very end. He's looking at Natsu to grant him peace, so maybe it will end with that, super traditionally, but maybe the series will give us a single surprise before it ends.

Besides, if it takes two FT-minded people to beat a single villain, you might argue the villain was stronger than any single FT-minded. Of course since FT actually advocates friends above everything else, then beating somebody 2 vs 1 is an aspect of FT power.

Edit: FT Zero kind of feels nicer than the main story, perhaps because it's so fresh. I'm not usually a lover of spinoffs, but it's good. Despite of loli fanservice...

toonice714
Wed, 11-26-2014, 11:01 PM
Yeah definitely. I mean that scene on the lake was pointless besides obvious fan service

Death BOO Z
Tue, 01-20-2015, 09:04 AM
so, the meaning of end is revealed. time to timeskip. again.

toonice714
Tue, 01-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Gtay vs Natsu??!! So natsu is really a demon?? Dragon slaying demon? Well a lot of things are wrapping up. We know why the dragons left and where they went, what E.N.D is, and whats in FT's basement. If you guys are following FT zero, then it seems like FT is originally a dark guild. Maybe this will also spill into the conclusion blurring the lines of Good vs Evil.

Also anyone else who read FTZ a little weirded out by the story being kinda based on some introverted guy's suicide fantasy? Zeref.....get help man (o.O)

Kraco
Tue, 01-20-2015, 02:25 PM
END being some kind of Natsu is just a "wut?" for me, not anything solved. Considering we have seen time travelling already, I couldn't help but think Natsu isn't yet anything special but will be. Clearly for a man of Zeref's calibre the past, the present, and the future are meaningless definitions, so he knew all along at some point Natsu could fulfill his suicide fantasy. I really don't know how the demons of the concluding arc fit in if END is Natsu, though. Maybe they were a catalyst, and they just didn't know it themselves.

FTZ surely did reveal a big thing about Zeref. Almost a pity, but it's not like we wouldn't have seen lots of hints already. I guess most of his infamy is derived from stuff he tried to create to either kill him or keep him company (without dying).

Kraco
Mon, 01-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Pretty funny fanservice omake was released. Somehow it seemed to flow better than the real arcs of late. I doubt anything as such has changed in the series, but perhaps it's just the fact it stays so much the same that its getting stale already after so many chapters.

I especially liked how Natsu walked into the women's side in a nonchalant, business as usual manner heeding Erza's call. And of course the fact Erza called him there in the first place as if there was nothing strange about it, not bothering to cover herself at all when discussing with Natsu, nor paying any attention to Natsu's state of clothing. I bet it would have been a bit different for her if it had been Jellal entering the women's side... Lucy naturally ended up joining the unmindfulness once pushed far enough.

Sidnne
Mon, 01-26-2015, 05:46 PM
There wasn't a single line of dialogue in this latest chapter, and yet it was one of the most enjoyable chapters of the entire series. It had me laughing.

Going back to the previous chapter and END being Etherious Natsu Dragneel... Zeref has stated that Natsu will be the one to finally defeat and kill him, and Mard Geer had said that the demons of tartaros were created for the sole purpose of killing Zeref. So, it sounds like Natsu is actually a demon created by Zeref, he just hasn't awakened his demon powers yet. If I recall correctly, I believe Natsu has no memory of his real parents or of his childhood prior to meeting Igneel?

toonice714
Tue, 01-27-2015, 01:37 AM
This guy makes borederline hentai >_>
The fan service to the yuri community is blinding....also 417 was enjoyable to flip thru!

One thing about FT, FTZ, and any other rendition of FT, is that they sure know how to capture attention and generate interest in anything synonymous with FT. Hats off to the mangaka for keeping it fresh,fun and light enough to pass the time

Kraco
Tue, 01-27-2015, 02:54 AM
So, it sounds like Natsu is actually a demon created by Zeref, he just hasn't awakened his demon powers yet. If I recall correctly, I believe Natsu has no memory of his real parents or of his childhood prior to meeting Igneel?

It's possible Zeref might have had something to do with Natsu's past, but I wouldn't bet on Natsu being a demon. It might be that Zeref was already at that point disappointed by demons and their lack of success in defeating him. I'd also think Igneel would have noticed if Natsu was such a thing. Like I said before, it's also possible Zeref knows of Natsu's future, ahead of time, and that's why he's counting on Natsu.

toonice714
Mon, 02-02-2015, 01:40 PM
418 is out and we have a final time skip seemingly. Its good to see natsu again but it seems like it was too soon. However it is very reminiscent of the original arc. And a lil fan service here and there :p

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 02-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Ahh we get an actual time skip for the characters instead of a 7 year freeze.

Kraco
Mon, 02-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Looks like Natsu borrowed a page from Zilconis's book to add to Igneel's teachings: Flames that gently destroy clothes. It created quite a fitting reunion with Lucy missing some crucial clothing items already. No better way to greet the long missing boyfriend than offering some fanservice right off the bat.

Now if only Gray and Juvia returned as a married couple.

Sidnne
Wed, 02-04-2015, 02:45 AM
418 is out and we have a final time skip seemingly. Its good to see natsu again but it seems like it was too soon. However it is very reminiscent of the original arc. And a lil fan service here and there :p

I agree. It would have been nice if there was at least a several week hiatus or some type of side story to build anticipation for their reunion.

Kraco
Sat, 02-07-2015, 05:29 PM
419:

It's certainly as you say. It feels like absolutely nothing happened, let alone Fairy Tail got disbanded, when just two chapters ago it was still there. I'm sure Mashima could have come up with something a bit more depressing and especially longer than Lucy working a less than grand job and some noname guild winning the tournament for a single chapter. It wouldn't have needed to be something unreadably bad, just something that would have made the readers feel like Fairy Tail was really gone and Lucy was trying to cope with it. She could have travelled around, meeting familiar faces from the other guilds, reminiscing about the past, bringing up some good novel comedy scenes with the FT members in a flashback like manner. That would have made it feel like they were really all gone.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 02-16-2015, 10:42 AM
ok, I guess it is going to be a bit of 'gathering around the old crew'.

I wish they'd call this chapter 'blaze it', on account of 420 and all...

Kraco
Wed, 02-18-2015, 12:43 PM
420:

I suppose it was hardly unimaginable with Pantherlily as a precedent, but somehow I still wasn't expecting Charle to make such an appearance. She looks quite good as well, though obviously she has got nothing on Millianna's sexy body. Reading this chapter I couldn't help but wonder if Wendy has become any tougher, but on the other hand she's so young and so much weaker than Natsu and Gajeel that getting relatively stronger than her old self would be very easy indeed. Obviously it would be impossible for her to reach Natsu and Gajeel's level any time soon, if ever, considering her specialty is healing and she's such a gentle girl compared to those two blood thirsty ruffians.

I'd be hugely and positively surprised if Erza had been hanging around with Jellal all this time. But I reckon the chances are close to zero. Either she's been training alone or with the likes of Kagura.

Kraco
Mon, 02-23-2015, 04:47 PM
421:

Chelia ought to pray Natsu will find a good fight even without flying. Lest he will kick her pretty ass when this is all over. You won't get between a dragon and its prey without consequences. Maybe he will just go and one shot kill the whole army of nameless monsters, even if such a thing makes a poor compensation for a missed chance to fight against proper mages.

I have to say the best part of the chapter was Natsu using Happy like some sort of tool to tickle Lucy's feet. That with the empty eyes made a good combo. Somehow such a meaningless action is exactly what one would do in a situation where everything went exactly opposite to the expectations and there's nothing but a dead-end in sight.

toonice714
Mon, 02-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Brace yourselves........The Charle FAN SERVICE IS COMING!!!!

Kraco
Tue, 03-10-2015, 11:03 AM
423:

The impact might have been a bit bigger if I had had any recollection of this Blue Note fellow. I vaguely remembered him only when Charle and Wendy told Natsu who he is. Quite funny he seemed like a though dude back then, but now he's a dime a dozen character in front of Natsu anymore. Perhaps that's why the more significant part of this whole encounter was Natsu hanging Chelia funnily like a sack of potatoes from her collar, for the whole duration of the affair, and giving her a lecture, as if a national hazard like Natsu was in any position to lecture even the worst villains.

Fairy Tail wouldn't be Fairy Tail anymore without Wendy, so it's good she's back in the group, not that there could have been any other outcome. At the same time she's back to the old situation of being the only female mage of her age in FT. One probably shouldn't underestimate Chelia's significance in that sense. She sure cries a lot, though. But it's okay since she's cute.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 03-16-2015, 04:15 PM
424: It's like an appearance by Aizen all of a sudden! they look so similar.

Sidnne
Mon, 03-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Great, now Gray has gone all Sasuke-curse-seal mode on us. Natsu's friendship no-jutsu will bring him back to the light though.

I'm sure he is just undercover again though.

Kraco
Tue, 03-17-2015, 02:39 AM
Yeah, I'd be somewhat surprised if he wasn't just acting for the purpose of doing undercover research. In the end the best way of finding information about evil is to associate with evil. Gray has become quite strong already as it is, so there's little reason for him to fall under the influence of any external power against his will. Such things would be for weaklings.

Juvia doesn't seem of much use right now, but are they just going to leave her sick and alone in the abandoned village?

Sidnne
Tue, 03-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I'd be somewhat surprised if he wasn't just acting for the purpose of doing undercover research. In the end the best way of finding information about evil is to associate with evil. Gray has become quite strong already as it is, so there's little reason for him to fall under the influence of any external power against his will. Such things would be for weaklings.

Juvia doesn't seem of much use right now, but are they just going to leave her sick and alone in the abandoned village?

Juvia's character annoys me. She is supposed to be a S-rank wizard, who was a member of the elite Element 4 in Phantom Lord. Yet, since joining Fairy Tail, it's almost been forgotten that she is S-rank and she has seemingly been reduced to a fairly weak wizard who only finds moments of strength when fighting for Gray. It would be nice to see her develop some confidence and be on the level of Erza and Mirajane, and have them become famous as Fairy Tail's S-rank Female Trio.

Kraco
Tue, 03-17-2015, 03:26 PM
Juvia's character annoys me. She is supposed to be a S-rank wizard, who was a member of the elite Element 4 in Phantom Lord. Yet, since joining Fairy Tail, it's almost been forgotten that she is S-rank and she has seemingly been reduced to a fairly weak wizard who only finds moments of strength when fighting for Gray. It would be nice to see her develop some confidence and be on the level of Erza and Mirajane, and have them become famous as Fairy Tail's S-rank Female Trio.

I disagree. She was never a fighter, deep down. She's more like Lucy in that sense. She practices magic for other reasons than to kick ass in battle, let alone seek fights. In fact she doesn't really practice magic as such, she simply is her water magic. She was an elite in Phantom Lord because aside from the master and Gajeel, Phantom Lord sucked. Well, actually even the master sucked, just like Sabertooth's master. She was also not being true to herself during those times. Kind of like a disillusioned soldier who's doing what they're told to do without a question, but who wouldn't score any unexpected victories. After meeting Gray, she dedicated herself to chasing him. She didn't care about getting stronger as a fighter. Erza is obviously as battle crazy as the dudes. Mirajane used to fight a lot in the past.

toonice714
Fri, 03-20-2015, 12:49 AM
Great, now Gray has gone all Sasuke-curse-seal mode on us. Natsu's friendship no-jutsu will bring him back to the light though.

I'm sure he is just undercover again though.
Gray's new design looks awesome! Just like the new GotWoot layout!

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-25-2015, 04:01 AM
well, this looks nice, back to the time travel things...

can someone remind me what was going on there?

Sidnne
Thu, 03-26-2015, 07:24 PM
well, this looks nice, back to the time travel things...

can someone remind me what was going on there?

Frosch's death was the thing that caused Rogue to turn to the dark side. And for some reason he came back in time, not to save Frosch, but to obtain an army of dragon's to fight Acnologia.

Sidnne
Mon, 03-30-2015, 04:30 PM
Looks like 426 is out early.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/426

Kraco
Mon, 03-30-2015, 05:09 PM
As expected, Gray wasn't under any influence but his own shortsightedness. The dude left behind a super sexy lady totally devoted to him to go after some moldy old book. That's really everything that needs to be said about his stupidity.

Gajeel is smart, though. He joined the council punitive force, which grants him two valuable things: He's legally hunting down and fighting criminals, likely the toughest ones, with the organization doing all the annoying work for him, that is, finding the targets and sorting out any damages to the surroundings. He just needs to travel there and fight. The other bonus is that he gets to fight alone, without needing to share the opponents with other battle crazy powerhouses. After all, the squad following him is made of the useless council nonames good for nothing but carrying his food and camping equipment.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 03-30-2015, 05:51 PM
But what we all wanna know if Levy is waiting for him at home.

toonice714
Mon, 03-30-2015, 11:00 PM
Can't believe there is a point in my life where I am excited for FT like I am excited for a OP or Naruto chapter! I seriously will be anxiously awaiting the reunion of FT'S powerhouse members

Sidnne
Mon, 04-06-2015, 04:37 PM
427 is out.

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/427

Natsu is just a total badass now. Hard to believe Gildarts is still on a whole different level from him.

Kraco
Sun, 04-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Natsu is just a total badass now. Hard to believe Gildarts is still on a whole different level from him.

Is he? From what we have seen, Gildarts hasn't been training for years, unless you count expanding his bedroom techniques as training. Moreover, he's a few organs/limbs short of a full supply, if memory serves, and that doesn't make a person stronger. Since Natsu's goal is defeating Acnologia, and Acnologia defeated Gildarts in a rather one-sided manner, Natsu really needs to get much stronger than Gildarts.

Kraco
Mon, 04-20-2015, 03:26 PM
429-430

- -- - --

I wasn't expecting much from the truth of Gray's situation, but somehow the manga still managed to go below my low expectations. It seems kind of pointless to give it a second chance anymore, which might still have been possible if Gray had saved those two without really exposing himself and disappeared promptly. I guess I'll just have to take whatever small morsels were offered, such as Erza working for Jellal on this mission.

But, damn, Juvia's treatment was still quite unforgivable. Even if Gray did leave, why couldn't they send anyone to try to take care of Juvia? Or did they try, but Juvia accepted none of it?

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 04-21-2015, 06:50 AM
Why send someone to take care of her? She's a grown woman. I just don't think they saw it coming that she'd just....sit there in the rain all the time.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 04-21-2015, 11:27 AM
they've been living together for 2 years. I think A. She deserves to know about it. B. He should know better about how she behaves.
But really, what was the point? they didn't do anything interesting with him being a deserter and there's not nothing interesting with him being a double agent.

Kraco
Tue, 04-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Why send someone to take care of her? She's a grown woman. I just don't think they saw it coming that she'd just....sit there in the rain all the time.

I don't know? Maybe because Fairy Tail has been all about friendship and all for one, one for all since the very beginning. It would make some sense that in such a big family people wouldn't think that "she's an adult, she can deal with her grief by herself". The old Sabertooth used to be like that, but Fairy Tail never was. It's an unbelievably dick move that they just took Gray away and left Juvia sitting in the rain alone. I hope somebody breaks a couple of Erza's bones. Needless to say, Gray himself would need to pay as well, but to be honest, Juvia will be instantly healed when Gray reappears in perfect health, so the most appropriate punishment for Gray would be to never leave Juvia behind again (other than the normal way). He could marry her, for example.

Kraco
Mon, 05-18-2015, 12:25 PM
435-436

- - - --

It's like the publisher suddenly told Mashima he has only an x number of chapters left before the manga must end. Chapter 436 suddenly had more information than the last 100 chapters combined before it...

Acnologia is like a level 80 dragonborn who is bored of wandering around, killing all opposing monsters and men without breaking a sweat. Now Zeref fortunately appeared and offered a new mod with a super strong opponent.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 05-18-2015, 04:26 PM
430-435 were complete junk.
but at least we have something to work with for the future.

toonice714
Tue, 05-19-2015, 11:29 PM
436 definitely added a tremendous amount if depth to the story considering the general flow of the manga. Acnologia looks badass outside of his full dragons laying form. I wonder how old he is and whether or not a full dragon from extends his life span

Kraco
Wed, 05-20-2015, 03:18 AM
436 definitely added a tremendous amount if depth to the story considering the general flow of the manga. Acnologia looks badass outside of his full dragons laying form. I wonder how old he is and whether or not a full dragon from extends his life span

Nah, it didn't add any depth whatsoever. It only added information out of nowhere. This sort of stuff should be revealed smartly via the main characters finding something and talking about something, not by narration out of the blue. That's just bullshit infodumb. You can't really call this Zeref's flashback when the dude hasn't been a character appearing by his own right in any meaningful manner so far. I wouldn't have had anything at all against seeing only Zeref and Acnologia's meeting, that was quite cool indeed, but Zeref's (and Natsu's) early history should have been revealed elsewhere in a different manner.

toonice714
Sun, 05-24-2015, 11:10 PM
Good point....it was out of the clear blue. I guess the reveal skewed my judgement.

All in all I'm pleased with the general pacing of the manga ever since I stopped taking it seriously like 4 arcs ago. Btw where the hell is Gildarts??

Kraco
Mon, 05-25-2015, 01:49 AM
Btw where the hell is Gildarts??

Funnily enough Gildarts being nowhere to be seen even during times such as these is in fact no wonder. From the beginning of the manga the man had a reputation of disappearing for years. So, since he refused the guild master's position, it's only consistent that he's again and still missing. The guild being disbanded for a year is a detail that might even escape his notice, as a single year is nothing for him. It's kind of like a joke, but at least it's well founded.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 05-25-2015, 10:11 AM
437 is the usual shit.
why bother with this? we had the exact same thing after tenrou island: "oh, no! we've been away from the guild for so long, how are we going to make it!"
and a minute later it's "all the guild members love the guild, here's everyone. although it's mostly 4th string characters that you don't remember at all"

it's a cliffhanger for the sake of cliff hanging. there's no story about the guild being disbanded.

Kraco
Mon, 05-25-2015, 12:50 PM
Yeah, this was utterly pointless. I suppose Mashima wrote this only to give people a bit of a power-up, new connections, etc. It might be even psychologically sound. If the guild hadn't disbanded, it's likely people wouldn't have dispersed to seek new possibilities, even though Natsu did hit the road early. What comes to the stuff in this particular chapter, perhaps Mashima just loves scenes like this? Like making Lucy cry'n'stuff. He must have a grand entrance for Laxus in mind, to boot.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 06-08-2015, 10:35 AM
439 is a bit exciting.
weird to have this happen now, and we've just seen some actual plot progress, but a nice development, nonetheless.

utter crap storytelling as usual.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 06-08-2015, 03:58 PM
I am mainly looking forward to seeing more Dragonslayers. I mean a kingdom of 730 guilds? Gotta have some Dragon Slayers around.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 07-13-2015, 10:23 AM
444. guess who's back?

maybe zeref also has a 'kill me someday' brother hiding somewhere in this empire.

Kraco
Mon, 07-13-2015, 10:40 AM
It's always Zeref. The Edolas incident must have been the only one that had nothing to do with him. I wonder if Acnologia has been messing around on the other continent as well since Zeref is camping there. The ocean would be meaningless for a dragon, after all, and I doubt the wizards there, no matter how tough they seemed, would pose much of a threat.

toonice714
Tue, 07-14-2015, 07:50 AM
I like how they shut down spacial magic users before they get to shine. Lol erza Lucy natsu's and gray would've got wrecked if that chick didn't randomly erase him from existence. It was cool though. Natsu clearly had a trump card to bs his way thru it. He was holding his arm like he had a secret technique a couple chapters ago.
Anyways on the current chapter, meh.....yet another Zeref sighting. Still waiting for him to do something overwhelming

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 07-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Well Zeref rules the other continent. Pretty much declared war as well.

Kraco
Mon, 08-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Chapter 447:

- - - -- - -

Who could count how many grand entrances Laxus has had so far? The sand dude was doomed the moment Laxus appeared for the simple reason he would be generating huge amounts of static electricity every time he moved masses of dry sand (he even advertised how dry it is). So, Laxus pretty much had half of his work done for him by the opponent himself. The more effort the sand dude puts in, the easier it gets for Laxus. Azir looked so stupid that I doubt he would have even realised it, making it even easier, if possible, for Laxus.

toonice714
Thu, 09-03-2015, 11:52 AM
These chapters with Zeref have been Awesome

Kraco
Thu, 09-03-2015, 01:06 PM
They certainly fleshed him out a lot. It's now easier to understand his current personality and why he's doing what he is doing. Although not a fan of flashbacks, I wouldn't mind one explaining better the things between Zeref and Acnologia.

toonice714
Thu, 09-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Definitely. It seems like Zeref could be one of those main villains who could split given his dabbling in other dark arts next to the actual caring side of who he seems to truly be. I could accept a piccolo kami separation of his main form. The curse of contradictions could yield an immense evil version of himself that could manifest when they power of friendship him.

As far as acnologia goes, he seems like his back story may be one dimensional. Maybe a power hungry dragon trained him then he killed him by following through with the same basic principle of being strong. Then natsu or someone from fairy tail will beat him showing that nothing is stronger than friendship lol

Death BOO Z
Sun, 11-01-2015, 02:49 PM
459 & 460.
really? it takes them more than a single panel to figure out they can switch enemies?

it's not even a tactic, it's lack of foresight from the guy who designed the robots to match their weakness.

what's the proper way to make the sound effect of D'hDoY?

Kraco
Mon, 11-02-2015, 05:49 AM
It's starting to seem to me the Spriggan in fact aren't so awesomely powerful apart from their main skill. Figure out a way around that, and they have a big weakness or a few. Just like this one robot demonstrated. They are like a ceramic knife: Sharper than anything but bend it a little and it snaps. I don't even want to mention the shrinking woman's case here... That was too pitiful. When FT first started to fight the weakness creations, I couldn't help but think Mashima had watched his Days of Future Past.

What I'm mostly looking forward to in this war is Jellal making an appearance. He's an early powerful, hyped, character and has made a number of appearances, but we still haven't got a real fight from him. So, we basically don't know what he's really capable of as a former Wizard Saint who has only grown more powerful since then. While I'd have enjoyed seeing Erza get saved by him, as they are my favourite couple in the series after Gray and Juvia, I think it was much better this way. It would have been sort of forced in an untasteful way considering Titania is not a person needing saving.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 12-08-2015, 07:53 PM
And finally we had the reveal to Natsu that he is END. A demon as well as Zeref's brother. Also there are only 5 real dragon slayers. Which is a pity. Kinda hoping for more.

Kraco
Wed, 12-09-2015, 04:19 AM
There was always a kind of strange disparity between the history and those dragon slayers' claim their dragon masters disappeared so short time ago. As far as we knew, the black dragon, Acnologia, was the one and only dragon still hanging around. Otherwise humans were living in peace everywhere, which doesn't seem possible if dragons were still common. The weakness in the writing is the fact nobody ever said to Natsu & Co that dragons haven't been around for a long time, so there's no way they could have been living with dragons just a while ago. Even if it's possible it could have happened in some remote area if the dragons never really flew around to be seen by anybody, but normally people would still deny it.

Nevertheless, I feel like Mashima did manage to wrap his lore quite decently. It's actually a fine detail how everything should have gone according to the plan, save for the fact Zeref couldn't hold his head together for 400 years simply waiting and waiting. I also like the fact that killing Zeref will kill Natsu as well. That'll give Fairy Tail something to think about, as if things weren't complicated enough otherwise! Maybe they will just seal Zeref inside another crystal right next to Mavis.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 08-30-2016, 03:27 PM
499. this would be really touching and great if the same thing wouldn't have happened in his previous manga.
with the silver alchemist lady and the silver alchemist dude.

Kraco
Tue, 08-30-2016, 04:36 PM
Objectively speaking it's pretty strange my reaction was "Right, I see" when my most favourite female character was killed. Where I read manga online, comments were filled by bets on how many chapters until she's brought back to life one way or another.

I haven't read his previous manga, so I can't really comment on your side of things.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 09-04-2016, 06:17 AM
That or Juvia literally lives inside of him. Which would give it a more comedical aspect. Like Juvia saying creeping stuff like finally being inside of him.

Kraco
Tue, 09-06-2016, 02:47 AM
Ch500:

Man, it certainly didn't take long. What a joke. At least Gray finally learned what the END is. Although I've already forgot why he's so obsessed about it...

This is such a mess that the only thing I'm really wanting to see is the undoubtly highly pissed off Acnologia returning. Then the broth with too many cooks would be about ready to boil.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 10-04-2016, 05:24 AM
Think Gray is obsessed with killing/destroying E.N.D. because of his father. Gaining power specifically designed to kill the demons also helps. Not to mention the reasons Gray himself stated.

Kraco
Tue, 10-04-2016, 09:50 AM
I find it hilarious how Gray is so obsessed with it right now, considering the whole guild is otherwise fighting for it's very survival and Natsu (END from Gray's pov) is still only looking for Zeref. I guess Gray reckons that he will first defeat Natsu and then single-handedly defeat the rest of the invaders, Zeref included, despite the fact the was just before having such a super hard time against an underling.

The dude really has his priorities set correctly. He must have frozen his own brain.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-08-2016, 02:17 PM
I can't believe all of those soldiers had to exist just for this purpose...
i'm really waiting for anaclogia to come and drive us through the final arc.

Kraco
Sat, 10-08-2016, 03:00 PM
i'm really waiting for anaclogia to come and drive us through the final arc.

I find it sad Mashima didn't know what to do with Acnologia and thus simply threw him out of the window for the time being. The FT guys were also thrown here and there, yet they are making a really good time coming back on foot, yet the flying Acnologia somehow can't get back.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 12-12-2016, 01:56 PM
514. another 'this changes everything character!".

and still, mashima can't create a female character without giving us boob view.

Kraco
Mon, 12-12-2016, 04:39 PM
514. another 'this changes everything character!".

and still, mashima can't create a female character without giving us boob view.

These new revelations really keep coming. I wonder if anything of the old story is left when Mashima is finished.

Looks like Erza's mom won't be the only mom of dragon slayers considering how Lucy is squirming naked on top of the naked Natsu.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 12-27-2016, 03:45 PM
515. not buying this.
I'm guessing ten chapters until we find that this was all a lie and she actually LOVES erza.

Kraco
Wed, 12-28-2016, 10:49 AM
515. not buying this.
I'm guessing ten chapters until we find that this was all a lie and she actually LOVES erza.

Who knows. She does serve Zeref, so there's necessarily something wrong about her.

Kraco
Sun, 01-15-2017, 03:51 AM
517:

- -- - -

That didn't fortunately last long at all. I have hardly ever been a fan of body occupation or total mind control plots, so I'm happy it was already over before it really had a chance to begin. Of course they still had to have time to compare breast sizes...

Still, Erza sure has a super scumbag mother. Once she gets down to it with Jellal, she's going to be a million percent better mom herself, despite the flaws in her own personality.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 02-04-2017, 01:53 PM
post near death power up probably achieved.

I'm feeling the manga should end soon, but google doesn't provide any help, how long before a manga ends do we know about it?

Kraco
Sat, 02-04-2017, 03:40 PM
How would we know such a thing? But yeah, it should end soon. I haven't really been expecting anything from this series for a long time now. I'm only reading it for the old times sake. It's kind of ironic that one single thing I was looking forward to was Acnologia coming back, hugely pissed off at Erza's mom and wanting to pay back the favour, but now Eileen is dead, so there's no point. I gave up on Acnologia in general a while ago because it very much looks like Mashiha has no fricking idea what to do with him anymore, so he's treated like this: Briefly brought forth to do something badass but ultimately of little consequence and then thrown quickly away without a second thought.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 02-19-2017, 12:27 PM
woop, woop.
guess who decided to show up.

Kraco
Sun, 02-19-2017, 03:42 PM
C523.

woop, woop.
guess who decided to show up.

It was about the bloody time. I really hope Erza doesn't need to try to fight him, though. Such a thing would look pitiful.

It was funny Gray once again tried to kill himself only to get stopped by Natsu. It's shameful Mashima never gets tired of that.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 02-20-2017, 12:23 PM
Well he is gunning for Wendy, since she is a Dragon-Slayer and he is hunting those down. But I suppose Wendy learned a few things from being in a body that was actually a dragon. Still, I don't think they even stand a chance. Then again...nakama power.

Kraco
Mon, 02-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Still, I don't think they even stand a chance. Then again...nakama power.

Which is why I don't want to see it at all. Realistically he should be able to slay both Wendy and Erza before those two even realised what's going on, but since they very well can't die, it would be a weird fight full of plot convenience. It would be nicer if he just laughed at Wendy and walked past them, ignoring them entirely. In fact it would be funny if he ruffled Wendy's hair and then ignored them, to seek worthier prey.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 02-21-2017, 11:01 AM
Well they did prove you don't need to be a Dragon Slayer to take down a dragon. Sure in the end she offed herself but Erza did cut her up pretty bad when enchanted.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 06-02-2017, 05:21 PM
chapter 538 is out. 8 chapters to go.
they are starting the last 'story' of the manga.