PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 91 Discussion

FrogKing
Wed, 08-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Discuss peeps!

DB Bleach 91 (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b91.torrent)

edit: Hopefully not too many more filler, but it does look promising with some Ichigo Bankai action...dl'ing now.

Kraco
Wed, 08-02-2006, 05:27 AM
Yeah. It was a pretty good episode. Ichigo finally returning to where he should have been all along.

I guess the episodes from now on could be quite good action wise, as all participants moved to the SS.

Also, it looks like Ishida's powers didn't really return. He's more like using an external device to simulate a portion of the powers he lost. So, maybe the impact on the manga based plot won't end up being quite so bad (whatever the manga plot is since I haven't read the manga...).

zibo
Wed, 08-02-2006, 05:50 AM
Finally Ichigo realized he needs to use Bankai.

The plot overall is pretty good, I hope to see more action with Ichigo in Bankai.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Another good episode. Definatly hoping for some good fights now that their in SS. That means anyone could get involved in these fights now! Maybe we'll get to see some people's powers we've never seen before!

Darknodin
Wed, 08-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I have a question... Is anyone else rooting for the Bounto? I seriously wish to see them annihilating some of those arrogant shinigamis...

darkmetal505
Wed, 08-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Bounto vs captains/ichigo and the gang?

I seriously hope they don't tone down the good guys.

Kraco
Wed, 08-02-2006, 03:33 PM
I want to see more corpses. Not more of the bs of fighting your opponent till he's ready to be finished for good, but instead of doing that just letting him walk away to recuperate. So, I hope Byakuya will slay some of them quickly and effectively. Of course I wouldn't mind of Ichigo himself did that, but so far he hasn't been too eager to kill anything.

Nai
Wed, 08-02-2006, 10:00 PM
I would have liked to see Ichigo fight a bit longer and kick some more ass considering he had been slapped around like a complete bitch in the previous episode. Ishida's complete naivety was also somewhat unfitting of his character, I felt. They also let him off the hook a bit too easy.

"U MIGHT HAVE DESTROYED THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!"
"ORLY?"
"YAH, RLY! BUT DO WHATEVAH YOU WANT I DUN CARE LOLZ."

I have a question... Is anyone else rooting for the Bounto?
No. Kariya is the lamest villain ever. Seriously. He has a flattop and dresses like a hobo.

I did like the snake guy but the rest are just... without class.

dragonrage
Thu, 08-03-2006, 03:38 AM
this ack makes less sense as it goes along. The storyline is not structed in any coherent manner at all. That is not true, but it feels that way.

Although it does give us some information, which I am guessing will be essential to the main storyline ( manga readers please do not tell ).

And yeah i started watching bleach again since i read a rumor that the fillers are coming to an end. So far so good. But I have very little expectations.

These are going to be some short fight scenes though, if it does end at 196 (unconfirmed), and we have yet to see what Kariya's doll looks like, interesting, very mildly but interesting never the less.

Also the tone of this filler ack is very confusing, because it jump around quite alot. Don't get me wrong Bleach does that alot, but more so to lighten the mood or break the tension. Where as in the present episodes it seems to just add more to the confusion and disdain of fillers.

Well whatever, I was moved so much by the news of the fillers coming to an end some time this year that I started watching and posting again. Yay. :)

The best part of this episode, was seeing Zangetsu again, that made all the bad parts just fade away, too bad that it was just for a short while. Oh well. What was the best part to you?

Lets see what is next on the menu, and how Ichigo or Ishida ( not that likely but he is going to play a key role, I believe ).is going to defeat Kariya . May the power sturggle begin and Soul Society come to life once again, where is that good for nothing Zaraki... hehehe :p

P.S. I am the last one that should talk about grammar, but wasn't there some errors in DB's sub? Well either way I am very thankful that they subbed it. I think that this is evidence that the fillers are having a very negative effect on everyone, but then again it is a hundred times better than Naruto a.k.a. "The home of the shitty fillers".

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 08-03-2006, 04:22 AM
I think the guy is is own Doll. How else could he have been so fast and strong?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-03-2006, 06:00 PM
I would have liked to see Ichigo fight a bit longer and kick some more ass considering he had been slapped around like a complete bitch in the previous episode. Ishida's complete naivety was also somewhat unfitting of his character, I felt. They also let him off the hook a bit too easy.Actually, after he explained it, what he did made perfect sense. Ishida and Shinigami ARE alot more powerful in SS. He just didn't realize that the bounto were going to be more powerful as well.

Mizuchi
Thu, 08-03-2006, 08:41 PM
I was thinking that maybe the bounto with the metal doll should be paired up against kenpachi since they are both about brute strength, but then I remembered that ichigo beat zaraki a long time ago and has gotten a lot more powerful since then, but ichigo could not defeat the metal doll without having to go hollow mode.

Also, if the bounto hadn't stolen ppl's souls, I'd totally root for them. And kariya is one of my favorite villains so far. Although he has an ugly hairdo, I'm ok with his clothes and I like the idea that he has a just cause and plan. Although he goes about it the wrong way, his plan isn't something stupid like take over the world or let 900 foot black monsters free to roam SS and the world and destroy everything.

Also, Kariya says that shinigami's are the enemies of quincy, so thats why ishida helped him. But weren't the quincy at war with the bounto too?

Also, if the 12 squad vice-captain didn't give ishida that item that gives him powers, then the bounto would have no way of getting into SS.

RedX1z
Thu, 08-03-2006, 10:23 PM
this episode was good. though, i guess ishida getting half his powers meant getting half assed clothes as well, he just looks weird in that thing. anyways, instead of letting them into soul society, guess they were better off just fighting in the real world, yeah?

it would be cool if they showed us a fight that should've happened, but never did. the new and improved kariya verses the man who took out his favorite captain, zaraki. you know if that were to happen, it'd be one awesome fight, the drama, the action, the horror.. and so on.

Kraco
Fri, 08-04-2006, 03:00 AM
I was thinking that maybe the bounto with the metal doll should be paired up against kenpachi since they are both about brute strength, but then I remembered that ichigo beat zaraki a long time ago and has gotten a lot more powerful since then, but ichigo could not defeat the metal doll without having to go hollow mode.

You are quite wrong here. First of all, Zaraki wasn't trying to defeat Ichigo back then. He was just looking for a good fight with a worthy opponent. If you remember the battle at all, you will remember Zaraki would have had ample opportunities to finish Ichigo, should he have wanted. But he wasn't interested in defeating Ichigo, only getting a good fight, and that he got after he waited long enough, and even adviced Ichigo.

We have no way of knowing how he would fight against a bounto. He might not take the same approach and instead deal quickly with him.

And Ichigo couldn't beat the bounto because he didn't want to. He had more than enough opportunities to just strike down the dude, but instead he did nothing but beat the doll time after time. That's just insane. It's the exact same thing as trying to break a howitzer with your assault rifle instead of just simply shooting the men operating the artillery.

Darknodin
Fri, 08-04-2006, 06:38 PM
I actually found this arc pretty well done... and on Kariya's looks... they don't matter, its just the way the bounto do things... and their cause. this makes them worthy villains really. they aren't evil... just the opponents of Ichigo's army.

Kraco
Fri, 08-04-2006, 07:15 PM
they aren't evil... just the opponents of Ichigo's army.

Normally people who use other people as food are considered somewhat evil. They didn't even just eat their enemy warriors like primitive tribes but random folks from the streets. Arbitrary killing of civilian masses is most probably one of the strongest indications of true evilness. You don't really need more proof than that, do you?

Darknodin
Fri, 08-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Normally people who use other people as food are considered somewhat evil. They didn't even just eat their enemy warriors like primitive tribes but random folks from the streets. Arbitrary killing of civilian masses is most probably one of the strongest indications of true evilness. You don't really need more proof than that, do you?

really... seems more like a group of people wanting to survive. that's the way i see it.We kill monkeys to find cures to diseases... its the same thing.

Kraco
Sat, 08-05-2006, 03:36 AM
So you say killing animals and killing people is the same thing?

I very much think you are just saying that here. If some dude with a rifle came to hunt your family for food, I think you wouldn't make statements like that anymore.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 08-05-2006, 10:33 AM

That would depend on who the people were.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 08-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Uh, it seems pretty obvious that Kenpachi is going to be fighting the fallen shinagami guy, since vengence against Kenpachi seems to be the guys goal.

Mizuchi
Sat, 08-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Uh, it seems pretty obvious that Kenpachi is going to be fighting the fallen shinagami guy, since vengence against Kenpachi seems to be the guys goal.

oh yah
i forgot about that guy :rolleyes:

Darknodin
Sat, 08-05-2006, 01:42 PM

I very much think you are just saying that here. If some dude with a rifle came to hunt your family for food, I think you wouldn't make statements like that anymore.

I'm half kidding...

however, if some guy came to hunt my family for food... well, I have no idea what my reaction would be (join the feast? or eat the guy?). it never happened before, but i'm nearly certain i wouldn't have a passionate "defend my family at all costs" thing. If the guy is hungry and that's the only thing he can eat, i will still understand his position even though it might be in conflict with mine. And my views won't change because something has happened to me. They'll change only if i decide the change makes life more interesting.

also... you guys should check some science forums... people there are advocating killing children OVER animals (its taken out of context here, in reality its not as bad as this sounds)... with some interesting arguments.

Animeniax
Sat, 08-05-2006, 10:46 PM
I don't want to join a chorus of whiners, but I really don't like the way they are handling the main characters in these filler episodes. Ichigo is especially unlikeable and completely off-character from the SS days. It seems like the episodes without Ichigo are much better than the ones with him. Inoue is obnoxious too, whereas she used to be really likeable.

That said, 91 was a decent episode, with some good story movement. Ichigo finally gets bankai back, but in a rather weak re-hash of how he acquired it in the first place. I guess it took him a while to find his resolve to stop getting his ass kicked. Was it me or did the bulk of his lines seem to be "bastard", "I won't forgive you", "*calling out someone's name*", and "what"? I was going to make a mix track of him repeating these four lines over and over (but to a danceable beat), but it pissed me off too much.

Mizuchi
Sat, 08-05-2006, 10:53 PM
can bankai get stronger?

dragonrage
Sat, 08-05-2006, 11:46 PM
yes they can. With training, greater spirit force and other things. Also control of one's power goes along way too. This has been demonstrated by Ichigo and renji in the past as well as other shinigamis

Animeniax
Sun, 08-06-2006, 02:09 AM
Yeah, plus back when Byakuya and Renji were fighting in SS, and Renji was first using bankai, Byakuya said there was no way his 2 days using Bankai could compare with 1000 years of training with Bankai. The more you use it, the better you can control it and master it.

RedX1z
Mon, 08-07-2006, 09:51 PM
i think another good example would be when ichigo fought byakuya. when ichigo lost control and turned into that psychotic bastard, it was clear that he knew what to do with that bankai and was able to take it to a completely new level. meaning, if ichigo trained more, he can match of surpass that level of that psychotic lunatic.

Mizuchi
Mon, 08-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Is hollow ichigo the same person as the white ichigo in the zangetsu world?

Kensee
Tue, 08-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Is hollow ichigo the same person as the white ichigo in the zangetsu world?
For the most part yes, its the manifistation of that white ichigo into the real world.

Mizuchi
Tue, 08-08-2006, 04:40 PM
White ichigo seems more chill in the zangetsu world. Did he come to be from ichigo's urahara training after he got his chain link and soul sleep (sry i dont remember the names so work with me if I got the wrong) removed?

dragonrage
Tue, 08-08-2006, 06:45 PM
well I have a theory about this and I don't really want to spoil anything for you. But if you watched the soul society arc and the reasons why urahara left soul society and so on. You would realize this on your own. Pay close attention to the reasons for Aizen's betrayal.

Mizuchi
Tue, 08-08-2006, 07:19 PM
I don't remember seeing why urahara left, and I just rewatched Aizen's betrayal a couple days ago. Wasn't it to be a god or something along those lines? And what does that have to do with the hollow within Ichigo? Could you give me the episode numbers of what can make this more clear?

dragonrage
Tue, 08-08-2006, 07:58 PM
He left because he created what Aizen was looking for. He found that he was not able to control or destroy it. He then ran to the human world. Watch it again.

Mizuchi
Tue, 08-08-2006, 11:31 PM
He left because he created what Aizen was looking for. He found that he was not able to control or destroy it. He then ran to the human world. Watch it again.

Oh yeah. But once he put it inside rukia, why stay in the human world? Why not just quickly go to the human world, put it in a human, and then go back?

itadakimasu
Sun, 04-15-2007, 09:39 PM
is this episode this old... wow.

yeah. I know this is a filler ep, but after watching it for probably the 20th time last night i've realised 2 things.

1. This episode is totally bad ass even being a filler, the bounto fillers were totally worth it and much better than 80 eps of naruto fillers i didn't even want to watch.

2. I love the opening for this string of episodes almost as much as rolling star.. which could be the best ever.