PDA

View Full Version : Need help bit-torrenting (Naruto episodes)

UrbanOutlaw86
Tue, 08-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone, this is my first post, so go easy on me. =P

Well, I think this is the correct forum for this question. Anyway, I've just gotten back into watching anime, and I had previously downloaded Naruto eps 1-102 a long time ago, when the series wasn't licensed yet. Anyway, I'm looking for some help getting back into the swing of things. I'm not too computer saavy, and I'm having trouble getting the bittorrent to download.

I'm using BitLord 1.1

I've downloaded the file (naruto eps 101-125) and put them on highest priority (even though its the only one). It's been up for about 20 minutes, and the status says downloading, but its at 0.1%

Do I need to just leave it on, and wait? Is this the normal speed of whatever bittorrents do to connect to a server? Or do I need to innitiate some sort of manual downloading thing? I used to use another program (Azurgos or something) so I can always re-download that, but if you could help me with BitLord, I would greatly appreciate any help. =)

Kraco
Tue, 08-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Connect to a server? Do you mean you can't connect to the tracker? That shouldn't take more than some seconds, less than a minute always, if the tracker is online. If it's not, you will most likely get slower speeds, even with DHT enabled (assuming this Bitlord supports it).

If the tracker is online, just remember that you aren't downloading one episode now, so it will take a significant amount of time. So, have a look at the download speed (and upload speed. Make sure you have as high an upload speed as possible). If it's still keeping only at a few kB/s, then you might have problem with your client, firewall, router, ISP, or something else. And generally speaking torrents are slower at the very beginning than in the middle.

UrbanOutlaw86
Wed, 08-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Thank you so much.