PDA

View Full Version : sweet stop motion video

mage
Thu, 07-27-2006, 12:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYhhfHYZa5s

samsonlonghair
Thu, 07-27-2006, 12:56 PM
I liked the parts with Snake and Tetris.

People have no idea how incredibly hard stop motion is to make. I spent three hours one time making one of those lego stop motion videos. When I compiled all the animation it played less than thirty seconds.

Of course, that might have something to do with me being stupid.

el_boss
Thu, 07-27-2006, 01:26 PM
That's how real life looks like for me. :D

BioAlien
Thu, 07-27-2006, 03:26 PM
a world like that would be nice, looking at a wall, seeing a game of tetris, lol
Your console trying to eat you, but when you show them a game they go hide lol

lol El_boss, to make life look like that you would need some illegal substance

Honoko
Thu, 07-27-2006, 05:09 PM
People have no idea how incredibly hard stop motion is to make. I spent three hours one time making one of those lego stop motion videos. When I compiled all the animation it played less than thirty seconds.
Well by hand, yeah it's definitely a bitch. Can't believe that guy took photos for nearly 5 minutes worth of animation-- he said it took 12 photos to play out a second. But there is such thing as a stop motion camera one could use....

Assertn
Thu, 07-27-2006, 05:26 PM
you can see in the tetris scene that at least half a day goes by to cover the whole sequence, just by watching how the light shifts over the duration of it

XanBcoo
Thu, 07-27-2006, 06:30 PM
The way he moved reminded me of Gumby - like the way he glided around. Amazingly well done.

a world like that would be nice, looking at a wall, seeing a game of tetris, lol
That happens to me. Whenever I play Tetris for too long, afterwards all I can do is look at shapes on the wall or around me and figure out how they could lock into eachother. Kinda annoying.

mage
Thu, 07-27-2006, 07:01 PM
All he has to do is set up a camera, go into the shot to move it a little bit, move back out, and repeat, then just cut himself out. No need to take thousands of pictures.