PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 195

Kraco
Thu, 07-27-2006, 05:13 AM
From Dattebayo:

Episode 195 - DB (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n195.torrent)

Actually not a bad episode at all. In fact, I didn't find anything to complain about! There are a few factors contributing to this conclusion: No pseudo-epic or stupid plot in vicinity at all (in fact, I still don't know what the plot is), and no moronity in the characters. The art was good enough, the action easily good enough in filler standards. Of course, this hasn't so far been any really memorable arc, and it's hard to say how it will end, but if it continues like this, it won't be bad at all.

Sakura also looked pretty cute in this episode, even if she has learnt a wicked smile:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/677/wickedsmilesakuravm2.jpg

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-27-2006, 07:02 AM
I also really liked this one. Everyone was just very...in character. New flashbacks of Lee's past that were believable as actual things that woulda happened. The badguy, not sure what he is, but he seems cool. We haven't seen decent taijutsu in AGES so that was another big plus.

I also liked the callbacks to previous fillers with Lee's Dojo and Naruto having the green jumpsuit. Makes the fillers seem less disposable.

Couple little things that were really funny too. Mostly Tsunade's stuff. Her fake arms to look like she's working. And the pictures of the Genin she apparently uses as their profiles. Naruto behind bars for some reason. How did he end up with that pic as an improvment over his kabuki makeup pic I just don't know!

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 07-27-2006, 07:22 AM
I guess it was alright and I noticed something I didnt notice before. Those lamps you saw hanging around when Gai was talking to Lee. Those had the Sharingan on em O.o;

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-27-2006, 07:40 AM
This made me somewhat glad for some reason, I thought that there would be no Naruto this week (imagine that, I've grown accustomed even to the fillers). But I assume the week with no Naruto will be the next one then. *downloads*

EDIT

Watched it and... great episode! One of the best, if not the best, filler episode so far.
Good action, not bad animation, characters staying somewhat in-character, Yagura does not suck horribly at a badguy (although he remains a bit generic). Hilarious stuff in this one too, I can't remember last time I laughed so hard as when Neji was in the Gai suit and went "I am guts!" LMAO

I don't know why but Neji is so hilarious when he does those comedy things (it was the same when he ate that curry in the Raiga arc and he got those great expressions). Oh yeah, good stuff.

And look at Tenten, she always blushes when Neji talks. She so has the hots for him.

Two weird things though...

-Lee does a gazillion of those thumbs-only standing push-ups (I don't know what the fuck they are called but you know what I mean), yet collapses after 500 regular push-ups?

-Tsunade forbidding the usage of Ura Renge in training. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a move which he only uses when he must-must-must use it? Why would he get depressed from being forbidden to practice with it?

Genma
Thu, 07-27-2006, 10:53 AM
As it's already been stated, this was a good filler episode.

Naruto Movie 3 out in Japan next week though, huh? I hope it'll be as decent as the other two.

Animeniax
Thu, 07-27-2006, 11:46 AM
I wasn't as impressed as everyone else so far, but it was a pretty good episode after all. Good comedic bits like Naruto and Tenten's "really something" conversation, and Neji and Tenten in green tights, and Tsunade's fake arms. What a riot!

I agree with DarthEnder about the callbacks too, great way to add continuity and tie the story together. I figured Lee's dojo was just something they added for that one episode and they'd never refer to it again. It's cool like in "The Tick", when they showed the etching in the moon every episode after the one when it happened (I can't remember what was etched though).

Terra, maybe he was at the end of his training session so the 500 pushups was beyond his max. Or maybe he was pumped up trying to prove himself when he was doing the thumb-push-ups, since Gai had just abandoned him and that Yagura punked him, or maybe he knew Sakura was watching and wanting to impress her :cool: .

I thought the animation was a bit crappy at times, but watchable.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 07-27-2006, 12:44 PM
It's cool like in "The Tick", when they showed the etching in the moon every episode after the one when it happened (I can't remember what was etched though).

It was The letters C, H, and most of A. Chairface was trying to write his name on the moon, but Tick stopped him halfway through.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-27-2006, 01:29 PM
As it's already been stated, this was a good filler episode.

Naruto Movie 3 out in Japan next week though, huh? I hope it'll be as decent as the other two.

And Movie 2 will be aired on tv instead of Episode 196

Animeniax
Thu, 07-27-2006, 02:00 PM
It was The letters C, H, and most of A. Chairface was trying to write his name on the moon, but Tick stopped him halfway through.
Sweet I figured someone would know what was written on the moon and tell me :D

Are they showing movie 2 or 3 next week? Or is it like a real movie that you have to see in theatres, so they're showing movie 2 on tv?

Uberbaka
Thu, 07-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Nice episode, but a bit weird with the "I-steal-techniques-just-like-sasuke-and-I-have-his-attitude" badguy... Kinda like they wish they could use sasuke for that role...

Tsunades tongue freaked me out, very oro...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-27-2006, 06:56 PM
-Tsunade forbidding the usage of Ura Renge in training. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a move which he only uses when he must-must-must use it? Why would he get depressed from being forbidden to practice with it?Well obviously he still has to practice it though. I mean, if the only time you EVER used the Lotus was when you really need it...how would you have ever learned it in the first place? She obviously just doesn't want him opening any of his chakra gates. And even Initial Lotus requires him to open one.

It's cool like in "The Tick", when they showed the etching in the moon every episode after the one when it happened (I can't remember what was etched though).And then in a later episode when Omnipotus takes a bite out of it, and for the rest of the series, it has both the letters CHA and a bite taken out of it. :p

zibo
Fri, 07-28-2006, 01:03 AM
I think it was an ok episode, not bad for fillers ( this is 1st filler i saw in a while, Istoped watching them at ep 176 or something)

samsonlonghair
Fri, 07-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Close, but not exactly right.

In the episode with Omnipitus, Tick gets sent back to the moon to fix it. He uses exlosives to blast away the letter C. This sent him roketing into space where he met Omnipitus (parody of Galactus). He brought Tick back home as an excuse to eat the tasty-sounding earth, but Tick convinced him not to. On his way back out into space Omnipitus Takes a big bite out of the moon.

So now the moon says "HA" with a bite taken out of it. The letter C is gone. This is done as a joke to make it look like all of space is laughing at the Earth.

Yeah, I'm a nerd.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Well obviously he still has to practice it though. I mean, if the only time you EVER used the Lotus was when you really need it...how would you have ever learned it in the first place? She obviously just doesn't want him opening any of his chakra gates. And even Initial Lotus requires him to open one.

Still doesn't strike me as a reason to sulk when he still can practice the rest of his techniques. Also, she should have said "renge" and not "ura renge", since even the regular one hurts the body.

Diptera
Fri, 07-28-2006, 02:20 PM
This was the first plot that's intrigued me for a while ... last time may have been Anko's past or the return of Mizuki (since I like revisiting old characters).

Also, the animation seemed to be more detailed and attractive this time.

This also seemed like one of the wackiest non-goof episodes. E.g., when Gai fights the posts. Plus, the dialogue seemed strangely unique throughout.

Nai
Fri, 07-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Gai owns. Ergo, this arc must own.

The fight scenes were pretty good and everyone did indeed act as they should. I particularly enjoyed Tenten's enamored gaze and Neji's cold as ice attitude. Sexy.

Diptera
Fri, 07-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Well, Neji is undeniably sexy.

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Well, Neji is undeniably sexy.

And with that comment, Diptera has acquired a big chance to win newbie of the year!

mage
Fri, 07-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Also, she should have said "renge" and not "ura renge", since even the regular one hurts the body.
it's Omote Renge, btw.

AndyisFrozen
Sat, 07-29-2006, 09:49 AM
so can anyone fill me in here how many more lame fillers are there gonna be ? it has nothing to do with the storyline

Genma
Sat, 07-29-2006, 12:58 PM
so can anyone fill me in here how many more lame fillers are there gonna be ? it has nothing to do with the storyline

Hence the term "filler"?

Nobody is entirely sure but instead of whining here, go check the countdown to the end of fillers thread.

Mizuchi
Sat, 07-29-2006, 01:01 PM

omfg... theres a thread for that

anyways, gai is a jounin like kakashi, not a mindless powerful genin. Shouldn't he have used his brain and tried to escape a pointless battle?

p.s. i know theres another thread for it but im j/w next week do we get to see the movie?

Uberbaka
Sat, 07-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Gai didn't mind some sparring, besides how would he find out what they were doing there unless he investigated? (ie kicked some ass.)

Besides, that sasuke wannabe guy fell down there.

darkmetal505
Sat, 07-29-2006, 06:15 PM
I bet the logs are how the trainee trained. He fell in order to see Gai's techniques. Still, its a little awkard seeing Gai play with lincoln logs.

Mizuchi
Sat, 07-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Besides, that sasuke wannabe guy fell down there.

So im not the only one who thinks that he looks a little like level 2 sasuke?

ShinobiNiNaritai
Sun, 07-30-2006, 02:23 AM
This was one the funniest filler I have seen in a long time. And depending on how it goes probably one of the best episodes going on arc fillers.
We havent had the chance to really see Gai show his stuff, we get to see a little of it here and there, at the Chuunin Exam attack episode, etc. So this was nice. and I am sure we'll get to see more
I think the funniest scene though was this, when Tsunade just told Naruto what was wrong with him straight up. She is such a character, Tsunade, even in fillers.
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8438/narutomedicalresultsbi3.png

Canadian
Sun, 07-30-2006, 05:00 AM
It felt like I wasn't watching a filler... This episode matched even some of the non-filler episodes. Just... awsom.

[EDIT]

Is anyone as disappointed as me, seeing as we have to miss Naruto for a week... and they just started an awsom string of Naruto filler episodes.

AngryGumball
Thu, 08-03-2006, 01:57 PM
So is it just me or have they brought back their A anime team with regards to drawing. I skipped the last 5 weeks downloading, but also before that I haven't really watched since well who knows how long an entire episode from start to finish.

But this episode seemed really drawn and animated well, the lighting on the characters faces seemed to be the quality stuff.

Except for the opening and closing credits. The ending credit was new to me and it seemed to be scratchy on quality not sure when it came in if DB just tagged that on at the end from when it first appeared and it wasn't the best quality image to use or what.