PDA

View Full Version : Movie: TMNT

Aeon
Sun, 07-23-2006, 11:43 AM
View the trailer however you like

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenagemutantninjaturtles/

I suddenly have the urge to start chanting go ninja go ninja go. Sucks that I have to wait 8mths:(

BioAlien
Sun, 07-23-2006, 01:16 PM
another TMNT movie...

I hope this movie is going to be good too.

Yukimura
Sun, 07-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Interesting, a CGI version, the graphics look nice. And the Turtles look pretty good imo. And I've just realized something...Michelangelo might be the reason why I could tolerate Naruto as a ninja.

Knives122
Sun, 07-23-2006, 02:25 PM
So Kishimoto made Naruto the way he is b/c he knew that everyone would subconciously accept him like they accepted Mikey? That bastard.

But yeah the movie will kick ass, and if the voices are going to be as accurate as we heard with Mikey, then this movie will be great.

Genma
Sun, 07-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Whoaaah. When I first clicked this, I expected another TMNT movie with guys in weird, awkward suits and corny battle scenes.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/a/ac/300px-Eviltmnt.jpg

This new one, on the other hand, looks really good. I'm glad they ditched the suits for an animated version instead.

Assertn
Sun, 07-23-2006, 04:27 PM
The shape of their heads kinda bug me.......
And they feel like they are lacking their personality...just the way they seem all cookie-cutterish between each other....i dunno. Although they way they reacted to Michaelangelo definitely improved that appearance.

mage
Wed, 07-26-2006, 05:13 PM
That CG looks like it was pulled out of an intro for a PS2 game.

dragonrage
Thu, 07-27-2006, 03:38 AM
this looks interesting enough, really nice. The CG film is welcomed, for the extremely little i saw you might say that this is going to be a action/ comedy (but that is stating the obvious :p )... and yeah Go ninja go ninja go ninja go....

I think it is time i brushed the dust of off some of my TMNT wallpapers. Boy do they bring back memories, i hope they do it justice.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 07-27-2006, 07:55 AM
I untill last week was starting to think that the new Turtles movie was all vapor. All that had been released was a teaser poster and a short list of production crew (none of whom had done a full-length movie before).

I'm liking this new look a lot, but the old Jim Henson designs will always have a special place in my heart. The Jim Henson designs felt more personalized. This was a guy who could give amazing personality to a felt frog puppet afterall. Each turtle was a slightly different shade of green. Some were taller than others, some more muscular. Raph retained all the scars from being attacked by those hundred or so foot soldiers on the roof. I wish that kind of detail was put into these character models.

Aeon
Fri, 12-08-2006, 10:53 AM
A new trailer was on Attack of the Show last night. Makes me want to see this movie even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTIEpH0inHs

XanBcoo
Fri, 12-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Oh wow, it sounds like Donatello is gonna be played by Quinton Flynn (Raiden from MGS2, Kon in Bleach). The other voices all sound really similar, but I'm not sure if they're the same familiar voices everyone knows. I think that'd be cool if all the VAs from the older cartoon and older movies could reprise their roles in this one.

In any case, it looks alright. I dunno if it's the quality or not, but I really have to agree with what mage said earlier. And I never complain about bad CGI.

Super5
Fri, 12-08-2006, 12:26 PM
A new trailer was on Attack of the Show last night. Makes me want to see this movie even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTIEpH0inHs
That new trailer was sweet... I didn't like the teaser, it seemed too mechanical - like the guys didn't have any personality. The trailer makes it out to be an action/fantasy/comedy kind of thing - makes me want to see it in March.

On a side note, will the plot be darker? That's what the host of that show said, but I don't know - it still looks kindof corny to me. I'm also curious if they're going to bring in the concept of Dimension X this time. Hope to see the Technodrome in action too, that was one thing they never really used in the other movies that I always wanted to see on the big screen.

Lucifus
Fri, 12-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Definatly looking forward to it. My favorite childhood show CGI animated.:D
I think the turtles look awesome this time.

SK
Fri, 12-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Looks pretty shitty.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 12-09-2006, 01:34 PM
My knee-jerk response to anything TMNT is usually "fuckin' awesome", but that trailer makes me wonder if this movie can be really good. It's not based on any story line from the comics or any TV series, at least not any that I know of.

Also where does that G4 bitch Olivia get off calling the old Ninja Turtles movies "campy"? That's my childhood damn it. What was she watching?

Psyke
Sat, 12-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Thinking back, I wonder how I could have liked this show when I was a kid. Ninja..,,,, turtles? The idea some how seems so far fetched when I think about it now, No interest at all in this movie, sadly. The trailer made me remember I once had a Leonardo toy though.

Super5
Sun, 12-10-2006, 02:34 AM
I remember why I watched this when I was a kid... there was no martial arts anime on television so you had to take what you could get. Turtles doing martial arts and kicking ass in a pseudo-anime style? Kids back then (especially boys) ate it up like sugar cubes, they couldn't get enough. And I was one of them. I do have fond memories of TMNT and I hope the movie does it justice... but I'm slightly pessimistic right now, at least until I know more about the plot and see some non-action segments of the movie.

Sapphire
Sun, 12-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Meh.. I'm sort of excited just to see how it is, but it kinda looked over dramatasized and more child oriented than I'd enjoy. Looks good though... I'm hoping that the movies next year are good, last year they pretty much sucked.

And that sword they were waving around trying to hit the the freakin pizza with looked sharp as hell. I mean, it might have been just plastic, but still.

...idiots

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 12-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Looks like something that would be better suited for a straight to DVD release

XanBcoo
Sun, 12-10-2006, 04:05 PM
but I'm slightly pessimistic right now, at least until I know more about the plot and see some non-action segments of the movie.
Well, so far we've got Michaelangelo burping for about 4 seconds, and Leonardo calling him a doofus after a "your mom" joke.

:/

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-25-2007, 07:50 PM
I was pretty leery about this movie at first, since I grew up on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles every Saturday morning, and the live-action movies, so seeing a CG version of TMNT made me skeptical.

Then I started hearing good things about it. So I checked it out.

Everything I ever loved about TMNT was back. It seems like its basis was more on the recent cartoon and not the 80's one I grew up with, but everything I liked about the franchise was back. Every one of my expectations about this movie was blown away.

Not to mention, there is some of the best CG I've seen in a long time. Without spoiling, there is a fight that takes place in the rain, and it just looks so fluid and amazing, with rain drops streaming down perfectly.

If you ever loved TMNT, either from the 80's or more recently, you owe it to yourself to watch this movie.

Yukimura
Sun, 03-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I thought it was pretty nice, especially April looking quite fine in that Ninja suit.

I haven't watched the new show but apparently that Foot chick is a common character in it. And the hints that there will be another movie make me happy, considering this one was fairly enjoyable.

Xollence
Sun, 03-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm suprised it only did 25 million. Great movie but I didn't really like the voice actors.

Raven
Wed, 03-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Just saw it tonight. It was much less kiddie than I thought it would be, I thought some of the animation was really amazing but the human faces looked very Disney, which I didn't like. I also especially loved the look and animation of the Foot Clan, they were just ultra-cool. I thought Donatello's voice was too much like Leonardo and it felt like he and Mikey were just side characters while they focused on Raph and Leo.

Overall it was really enjoyable and it makes me want to watch the live action movies again, and it was pretty open for a sequel. I don't regret seeing it, and that rain fight looked amazing, almost like clay models with water dropping on them or something.

Did anyone notice the Easter Egg jokes they included from the first live action movie?

"And I thought Girl Scouts were pushy!"

and one other, which escapes me now.

dragonrage
Sat, 03-31-2007, 12:38 AM
Saw this movie today and well it left me unfulfilled. It was an alright movie and good by any standards but i expected more. The climatic battle was short lived and well quite mundane. I just was expecting something more and well......... I thought it could have been done better.

It was nice seeing the old franchise back in action, boy does it ever bring back memories and the CG was exceptional. A whole new way to being a turtle I guess.

Well here is to an old friend and good memories, may the next movie be even better.

eat_toast
Sun, 04-01-2007, 09:57 PM
I just saw it tonight, and I thought it was good. As has been said the CG work was great, my only quip being that the mouth's sometimes didn't quite match up to the words being said. I felt the ending was a bit anticlimatic, though the almost direct reference to a sequal in the works sort of makes up for it.

It's me and a group of my friends, and the theater is practically empty. So when Splinter says:"You know what you have to do.." I quickly whisper: "kill yourself." They all die laughing.

Good times....

Munsu
Thu, 08-30-2007, 06:59 AM
I just watched the movie, and thought it was boring and dumb as hell. The whole drama and restriction of fighting crime that Spliter put on the boys was the most horrible plot-line I've ever seen, and the whole immortals business was bad. We needed a real enemy, one who is sinister and inteded to cause havoc in the city.

But oh well, I guess the fighting scenes where entertaining enough, but the drama and plot was simply horrible.

Shredder might be showing up if a sequel is done, which I think will be much better.

Raven
Fri, 08-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Isn't the movie set after Shredder is dead? Isn't that part of the comic storyline? I could wiki it, but.... ehh.

Munsu
Fri, 08-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Well he seemed to be dead in the movie, but that chick said that they would meet again soon, with "an old friend", and the Turtles mentioned it might be Shredder.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 09-01-2007, 11:38 AM
No Bebop + Rocksteady = No win