PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 194

fahoumh
Wed, 07-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Here it is:

http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n194.torrent

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-20-2006, 02:24 AM
Decent story for a one-shot. The ghost turns out to be something pretty cool and actually fitting in the Naruto world.

Yukimura
Thu, 07-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Well that was boring. The fillers are losing their last bits of entertainment for me. The show is nothing like what it was, I don't know how it's managed to stay on for over a year showing this stuff, but maybe now they're finally running out of steam. These pointless little one shots aren't very engaging at all.

Naruto does finally use a Rasengan projectile here though, which I'd always hoped to see...too bad it was poorly executed and animated.

BioAlien
Thu, 07-20-2006, 07:34 AM
since when naruto is able to throw his rasengan?

Conders
Thu, 07-20-2006, 12:22 PM
I think this wasn't extremely bad actually... to be a filler that is... Much better then 193, 192 and Laughing Shino! However, I dont really like these one ep. fillers... But i think I wouldn't enjoy this in an arc... It was an watchable episode, but nothing more ; o... Lets just hope 195 becomes better (but it is very doubtfull)!

Yukimura
Thu, 07-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Since this (http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5578/narutorasenganprojectiletn3.gif)

I think Jiraya might have sent the ball flying one of the first times he used it, but it might have just been the guy flying off from the effect of the Rasengan.

fahoumh
Thu, 07-20-2006, 12:42 PM
This wasn't nearly as bad as 192 because I actually watched it from beginning to end....still crappy though. I wonder how the show's doing in Japan right now.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-20-2006, 01:59 PM
I just thought of the fact that the sand trio hasn't been in a single filler. Weird.

Cyberdude93
Thu, 07-20-2006, 02:16 PM
The show is nothing like what it was, I don't know how it's managed to stay on for over a year showing this stuff, but maybe now they're finally running out of steam. These pointless little one shots aren't very engaging at all.

Agreed. While I generally didn't like the filler episodes, I could actually somewhat watch them. It feels like a chore now.

NM
Thu, 07-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Well, looks like the next episode is about Lee and Gai again...so hopefully it'll be somewhat decent like the last episode with Lee's dojo.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-20-2006, 08:45 PM
lmao "Honey Country" and "Red Bean Country". They aren't even trying anymore.

Pretty boring episode. Funny when Tsunade went "BAKAMONO!" in the beginning though.

Mizuchi
Thu, 07-20-2006, 09:32 PM
rasengan... took 3 years for genius hokage yondaime to master... now at the hands of a 12 year old who throws it around like a toy...

This episode made naruto look really stupid. I have a very strong urge to delete all of these fillers right now and forget any of this ever happened. too bad I cant...

P.S. did real season end after sasuke/naruto battle? or after jiraya naruto and sakura went to the rice country and jiraya said hes taking sum time off?

bagandscalpel
Thu, 07-20-2006, 09:36 PM
lmao "Honey Country" and "Red Bean Country". They aren't even trying anymore.

Wonder if there's an amended map of Naruto's world that takes into consideration all of those delightful filler countries.

UChessmaster
Thu, 07-20-2006, 09:45 PM
I just thought of the fact that the sand trio hasn't been in a single filler. Weird.

It`s better that way... they`ll probably "downgrade" the sand genins power/smarts like everyother genin that have appeared in fillers, i`d like to keep my image of sand genin being cool than seeing them in a filler...

p0ltergeist
Thu, 07-20-2006, 09:46 PM
P.S. did real season end after sasuke/naruto battle? or after jiraya naruto and sakura went to the rice country and jiraya said hes taking sum time off?

Episode 135 is the last episode of Naruto Part 1. Everything after that until this point is filler.

Mizuchi
Thu, 07-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Episode 135 is the last episode of Naruto Part 1. Everything after that until this point is filler.

So when sakura asks tsunade to train her is in a filler? :confused:

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-20-2006, 10:30 PM

Their filler was the Second Movie (with no Temari of course)

Yukimura
Thu, 07-20-2006, 10:36 PM
@Mizuchi: No, that was part of the real story. Elements of 141 and 142 (Sakura's actions and the Sand villagers leaving ) were part of the manga. But 135 is usually considered the end b/c the last scene in it is the last scene in Part 1 of the manga. And all the arcs since 135 have been anime only.

Genma
Thu, 07-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Wasn't half bad, I guess, up until the whole rasengan projectile thing. I was just like, "Wow.... o_x;;;".

What I don't understand is how they can butcher the manga storyline (giving Hinata a powerful move, making Naruto able to throw his rasengan), yet not make a filler episode equal to those of the main storyline. It's like they're trying so hard not to drift away from the manga too much... and they still are anyway.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Thu, 07-20-2006, 11:56 PM
see what would have made this episode really interesting would be if they had actually gotten "eaten" and vanished with the summoned chameleon back to its own "summoning creatures" world. Then they would have had to find a way back to their own world. After all they have Kiba there who could transform into the huge snow wolf and communicate with the animals there that can not talk yet. Cos the ones that can talk would just want to kill them. And they somehow encounter a clan of shinobi that inhabit that world and want to control the nine tailed fox in Naruto. Naruto ponders whether he can use the summoning jutsu in that world to summon Gama Oyabin, and he does so but summons Oyabin when is was in the middle of a shower......... See something like that even though its nowhere near the level of the real storyline is at least somewhat interesting to watch and see how things turn out.
This episode was just ok.

Animeniax
Fri, 07-21-2006, 09:52 AM
I didn't enjoy this episode as much as previous ones, and still can't understand why they don't elaborate on stories instead of making these one shot episodes. They could have easily drawn out the battles that each Konoha ninja fought to escape when they were first individually attacked by the lizard's stomach before they ended up in that long hallway. They could have drawn out the back-story with the castle lord's past and the reason he's so mad and attacks visitors. This could easily have been a meaningful 3-episode arc, instead of the pointless one shot it is.

The animation was good and there were good story points, but I'm getting tired of how dumb or sniveling they make the genins sometimes. Hinata still acts like a scared little girl in critical situations. Making Naruto an absolute bone-head is getting tiresome as well. I wonder how they'll treat his character when he's a more mature 15 years old. Will he still bungle around then? And why did Naruto have to tell Hinata to use her Byakugan twice? She should be in Byakugan mode full-time in a situation like this episode.

All in all, a decent episode that was watchable, but does nothing to add to the Naruto story and nothing to make us care more about the characters, who basically bumbled around and looked like idiots until the end.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 07-21-2006, 11:51 AM
see what would have made this episode really interesting would be if they had actually gotten "eaten" and vanished with the summoned chameleon back to its own "summoning creatures" world. Then they would have had to find a way back to their own world. After all they have Kiba there who could transform into the huge snow wolf and communicate with the animals there that can not talk yet. Cos the ones that can talk would just want to kill them. And they somehow encounter a clan of shinobi that inhabit that world and want to control the nine tailed fox in Naruto. Naruto ponders whether he can use the summoning jutsu in that world to summon Gama Oyabin, and he does so but summons Oyabin when is was in the middle of a shower......... See something like that even though its nowhere near the level of the real storyline is at least somewhat interesting to watch and see how things turn out.
This episode was just ok.

That's not interesting. Hinata dancing naked by a waterfall is interesting.

Mizuchi
Fri, 07-21-2006, 05:29 PM
doesnt the byakugan take more seals than just the i| ? (referring back to chuunen prelims hinata v neji-kun)

Psyke
Sat, 07-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Not sure if anyone else noticed it, but Kishimoto's name was written in the contract scroll.... :p

Kraco
Sat, 07-22-2006, 11:29 AM
They could have drawn out the back-story with the castle lord's past and the reason he's so mad and attacks visitors. This could easily have been a meaningful 3-episode arc, instead of the pointless one shot it is.

Not quite. This arc would never have had enough material to support a 3 eps arc. Things like this are either forgettable one episode arcs or horrible longer arcs like the curry of death.

Well, that being said, this was a half-decent filler arc. Totally forgottable to prove my point in the previous paragraph, but on the other hand Hinata is everything a miserable Hinata fanboy needs in an arc to make it tolerable, so I can say one more week behind the back on the long trudge towards the ever dim horizon hiding the real anime lost so long ago.

Animeniax
Sat, 07-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Not quite. This arc would never have had enough material to support a 3 eps arc. Things like this are either forgettable one episode arcs or horrible longer arcs like the curry of death.

Well, that being said, this was a half-decent filler arc. Totally forgottable to prove my point in the previous paragraph, but on the other hand Hinata is everything a miserable Hinata fanboy needs in an arc to make it tolerable, so I can say one more week behind the back on the long trudge towards the ever dim horizon hiding the real anime lost so long ago.

They could easily make fight scenes to fill an entire episode, like they used to in DBZ. I really don't like how easily the genins get trapped or beat when they try to finish up a one episode story. They tend to make our favorite characters act like idiots in order to make the story progress. Like in this episode when Hinata gets attacked in the library, the writers could have at least made her put up a struggle instead of just screaming and running when the books fall on her. I especially like how they made it where she couldn't defend herself from the ghost shoving her into that wall. And Kiba looked real competent sitting on the floor and yelling as the monster chomped him up.

I'm not a big fan of Hinata, but I get your point. For me, even a crappy arc is watchable if Ino is one of the genins featured (well, the fishgirl arc might be an exception, but only because Ino barely played a role in that story).

Mizuchi
Sat, 07-22-2006, 01:15 PM
y do u like ino? I dont really remember any eps when she was good.

I agree, instead of ruining lee's dojo, they couldve actually made ppl sign up from all these different villages and have konoha genins sign up too, so it could be like a tournament. That could last atleast half the filler season and would be a lot less boring.

Kraco
Sat, 07-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Aye. You do have a point, Animeniax. It's true quality fights as such could easily be used to extend an arc. And maybe they could have used that to make it 2 episodes. But in general I stare more at the story, and thus I primarily use the plot as a measure of whether an arc is a worthy one or not. Good fights are naturally a very important aspect, but I could watch an arc without a single fight if the story was good, but the other way aroud won't get points from me.

Well, every story is more or less character oriented, and thus I added the remark about Hinata's presence being enough for me to make an episode tolerable. Although to be honest the Hinata-Naruto interaction has been better and more energetic in some past arcs than in this one. Even this way or that, in the end even that won't matter, because we are talking about fillers. The Naruto-Hinata situation will be exactly the same when the fillers end. It's just sad.

Animeniax
Sun, 07-23-2006, 09:38 AM
y do u like ino? I dont really remember any eps when she was good.

I agree, instead of ruining lee's dojo, they couldve actually made ppl sign up from all these different villages and have konoha genins sign up too, so it could be like a tournament. That could last atleast half the filler season and would be a lot less boring.

Blonde hair and blue eyes make me weak. Plus she was really cool helping out Sakura when they were younger. I wish they'd make her a stronger character with more powers and skill. I mean, mind-control techniques could be kick ass if they were extended a bit. She could easily be a master Genjutsu (sp? illusion) user, if they wanted to develop her character.

Lee's dojo could have been a badass arc, instead of the one-shot that it was. It was still a pretty good episode, but if you're going to make filler stories, why not make arcs out of it? They seem to be running out of ideas anyway.

Animeniax
Sun, 07-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Mizuchi may be a douche bag in pointing it out, but please do try not to double post. The Edit button will let you alter your post and add on whatever you want to say.

Please edit your above post, because after a while I will simply delete this one.

Warned

masamuneehs

Aye. You do have a point, Animeniax. It's true quality fights as such could easily be used to extend an arc. And maybe they could have used that to make it 2 episodes... They could make more filler that they need anyway, plus they could stop pissing us all off by making our favorite characters look like such idiots when confronted with dangerous situations. I want to see them kick some ass, not stumble around calling each other's names.

Well, every story is more or less character oriented, and thus I added the remark about Hinata's presence being enough for me to make an episode tolerable. Although to be honest the Hinata-Naruto interaction has been better and more energetic in some past arcs than in this one. Even this way or that, in the end even that won't matter, because we are talking about fillers. The Naruto-Hinata situation will be exactly the same when the fillers end. It's just sad. Yeah, it sucks they don't develop the characters much in filler, but it's cool at the same time in keeping with the manga storyline.

Mizuchi
Sun, 07-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Thank you ever so much for bringing this to our attention. However, I fail to see what your post has to do with Naruto. As such it's off-topic.

Warned

masamuneehs

Yes, do watch out for those mods

double post: reported :)

lol not really but watch out for the mods

Necromas
Sun, 07-23-2006, 12:12 PM
I wonder if they could come up with even sillier names for the countries...

DarthEnderX
Sun, 07-23-2006, 12:47 PM
The all seem to be based off of some kinda grown food. Tea Country. Rice Country. Honey Country. Red Bean Country. Greenery Country. At least it's consistant. Although really, the could be reusing these countries. Except that every mission involved the countries feudal lord. EVERY ONE! How the hell does a Genin keep ending up doing missions for Lords?!

Canadian
Mon, 07-24-2006, 02:16 AM
The all seem to be based off of some kinda grown food. Tea Country. Rice Country. Honey Country. Red Bean Country. Greenery Country. At least it's consistant. Although really, the could be reusing these countries. Except that every mission involved the countries feudal lord. EVERY ONE! How the hell does a Genin keep ending up doing missions for Lords?!

Yeah...

Hey, it has been so long since I watched the actual Naruto non-fillers; did they actually have feudal lords in the real story? In most of the fillers, they feudal lords just screw their country up... There have been so many feudal lord filler episodes it's making my head spin, :-(.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 07-24-2006, 02:54 AM
Yes they do. Hinata's father is the lord of the Fire Country remember.

mage
Mon, 07-24-2006, 06:16 AM
Yes they do. Hinata's father is the lord of the Fire Country remember.
What are you talking about? He's just a member of the Hyuuga main family.

bxgreatone87
Mon, 07-24-2006, 01:09 PM
feudal lords are the ppl that control the country and help finance the hidden villags thats why they protect them. no one in the village has anything to do with the feudal lord and the feudal lorddoesnt live in the hidden village. hope that answers any feudal lord questions.

Kraco
Mon, 07-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Have we actually ever seen the capital of Fire country in some episode? I can't quite recall what those cities / towns we saw before the fillers were.

illfated
Wed, 07-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Fillers still going on eh? I stopped watching naruto a long time ago. What a disappointment.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-27-2006, 07:07 AM
What are you talking about? He's just a member of the Hyuuga main family.He's the head of the Hyuuga family.

Which is the ruling family of the Fire Country.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-27-2006, 07:44 AM
He's the head of the Hyuuga family.

Which is the ruling family of the Fire Country.

Where did you read/see this? Source, episode, etc.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Maybe...

just maybe...

I imagined it.

I dunno, try checking the episodes where Neji is fighting Naruto. There's alotta Hyuuga backstory there.

If he's not the ruler, I know his family is at the very least some kinda important nobility. There refer to Hinata's dad as Lord several times.