PDA

View Full Version : Game: Battle Stadium D.O.N

UChessmaster
Tue, 07-18-2006, 05:15 PM
For those that doesnt know Battle Stadium D.O.N (Dragon ball z, One piece and Naruto) is basically smash brothers with anime characters, the gc version was leaked some days ago and the ps2 is available now, anyone is planing on getting it?

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0604/game060417a.shtml

darkshadow
Tue, 07-18-2006, 05:55 PM
its out? holy fucking hell, i wanted to get it last month, but then i saw the release date.
Thx for the heads up ^_^ ( downloads)

UChessmaster
Tue, 07-18-2006, 06:02 PM
yes, i wonder if there is like... a new compresing method cause super dragon ball z was around 230MB compressed and almost took the whole dvd uncompressed and don is 238MB compressed @_@

darkshadow
Tue, 07-18-2006, 06:22 PM
it prolly is just cause the game is small itself, but needs to be a full dvd image probably, so all the other space the uncompressed file uses, probably doesnt have any extra data.

edit: 11 more minutes and its mine =D

UChessmaster
Tue, 07-18-2006, 07:59 PM
www.solops2.com if anyone feels like downloading it

darkshadow
Tue, 07-18-2006, 08:05 PM
...............this game is crazy awesome.....

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Looks funny. Downloading. :D

EDIT: Impressions.

A fun game... but with a few major faults.

- I need to fucking unlock a card to play matches with unlimited time? And every time I do the amount of cards I have are depleted? AND THEY ARE RARE?!

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? I want to play matches with unlimited time you goddamn idiots! Learn to make games, retards.

- The means of unlocking characters. Whoever came up with the slot machine needs to get anally raped and killed ASAP.

- The AI. It sucks. Even on Very Hard it isn't that hard. Silly.

- The stages are generally too small to support 4 player action. The people behind the game should have looked even more at Smash Bros.

So yeah. The game is pretty broken and falls short of greatness. But it's fun in small doses. Too bad though, so much potential...

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Bump. Fucking discuss the game.

Anyway I've played some more and I figure my previous post was pretty harsh. The AI is still pretty dumb (although under the right circumstances, can be quite challenging it turns out) and I hate the coupon system (but I've found a good way to get around this, simply reset the game when you're out of coupons - that way the loss won't be recorded :D).

And having unlocked all chars except Cell & Buu, I can now safely say that the game is actually quite fun. Me and a mate are having a blast with it. Lee is good fun to play as, you can do 6-7 hit chains and then finish with a omote or ura renge :D

mage
Sun, 07-23-2006, 07:46 AM
what is the full character list?

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-23-2006, 08:27 AM
From DBZ

Goku
Gohan
Vegeta
Trunks
Piccolo
Frieza
Cell
Buu

From One Piece

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Nami
Usopp
Chopper

From Naruto

Naruto
Sasuke
Sakura
Kakashi
Gaara
Lee

= 20 chars.

UChessmaster
Sun, 07-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Agree the character unlock system sucks hard and i find it kinda unfair that dbz has to more characters than one piece and naruto

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-23-2006, 05:09 PM
DAMN IT I accidently exited the battle menu when having used all my unlimited time coupons so it was saved and now I have none left so I need to unlock more

GOD I HATE THIS SYSTEM FUCK YOU JAPAN